User Reviews for MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Osteoarthritis

1 review 351 medications
Summary of MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack reviews 8.6 28 reviews

Reviews for MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

For Inflammatory Conditions "I have pudendal nerve pain and methylprednisolone works amazingly for it. Best thing out there. A little jittery at first but manageable. I am very sensitive to so many meds and can barely take anything. This works so well. A god send. I was at my wits end when Doc let me have this. I was able to work without pain and feel like myself. Unlike other meds, that barely work and make you feel like you are on another planet"

blue-sky (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2019

For Neuralgia "I have taken this medicine twice in my life. 5 years ago for Bursitis in my hip. Worked like a charm. Pain and misery gone! It takes a day or 2 to get used to medicine. I have a very sensitive system and can't take a lot of pills. Now 5 years later, taking it for pudendal nerve pain and its working on that. I'm on day 5. Doctors have tried me on Amitriptyline, Gabapentin, and then asked me to try Lyrica and Cymbalta. I asked my Uro-Gyne to try this med and she said it wouldn't help me. So I asked pain management Doctor to try this and he said "NO one has given you this yet?" Acting shocked and then wrote script immediately. Amitriptyline made me feel like I was having a full blown heart attack, so that was a no go after 1 pill. Gabapentin puts you on planet Pluto and just feels like a band aid thats not actually trying to heal at all. Said NO way to Lyrica and Cymbalta. I think methylprednisolone has been a god send. Really helping nerve/inflammation and still feeling like myself."

blue-sky (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2019

For Neuralgia "Awful Awful stuff, sent me into severe psychosis for two weeks, constant anxiety and panic attacks, visual and auditory hallucinations.. Practically ruined my life!!"

Gen (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions "After three days on this medication, I literally got my life and sanity back. My pain was not allowing me to stand, sit lie, sleep....... Not sure I can take long term, but great relief until my surgery date."

Douglas (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions "The first day, I didn't sleep well. On day two, I started to have a lot less pain in my leg and foot. Today is day four, and happy to say that the meds have given me lots of relief! This is much more convenient than getting pain injections, although I'm not sure how often I can take them, yet & not sure how long the effects will last. If you have chronic pain, I highly recommend this medication."

Berna (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Was given this dose Pack for back pain after a fall by the orthopedic dr at Urgent Care and was told that " I wouldn’t need any other pain Meds”...,had been taking ibuprofen and Tylenol... This medicine was worthless! After 3 days I have an appt with my PCP..."

Hoyhoy January 22, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions "Taken twice over the last 7 weeks post-knee replacement surgery. After 6 weeks back at work at a desk for 8 hours, my good leg, lower back hurt so bad, and my replaced knee had pain and swelling from the knee to my foot. Works immediately! Worked the entire time I was on it for 6 days. Then, pain returns. Can't take long term, so I'm not sure how to relief it any other way. OT said exercise but I can hardly stand up straight much less work out."

Schnanc (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions "To address knee pain, my doctor prescribed several rounds of physical therapy. The last physical therapist seemed to get to the root cause of the pain and after showing siginificant improvement I was discharged. Two weeks later, my knee was too swollen to move. I went to urgent care and there was diagnosed with arthritis in my knee. The doc prescribed this dosepack and after day 1, I thought it was a miracle drug. The pain was gone. The swelling was gone. However, by day two or three I was bloated. By day five, hints of pain were returning. The day after my last dose, the knee pain fully returned. The relief was great but short lived."

Mdenisem (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017

For Gout, Acute "My first experience with gout. Woke up with left foot pain, thought I got a spider bite while I slept. Quickly worsened where walking was very difficult. Called a foot and ankle specialist who got me in that day. He identified condition as gout prescribed MethylPREDNISolone Tablets 4mg dose pack. Instructed to take initial dose at once with my dinner meal. The pain, swelling, discomfort subsided quickly and by next morning little discomfort remained. Completed the course of medication over the six days but condition was resolved in two days. This medication worked very well for me."

Tom S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions "Recently prescribed by foot and ankle doctor. Have been on medication for 5 days; seems to be helping a great deal. Have not experienced any aide effects yet."

Philly Guy March 7, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions "I had a small cut under my left eye around my birthday (Dec 10th) which then progressed into a full blown swollen eye, it was so bad that I was up all night crying. And not mostly because people stared at me, or didn't want to get "infected" by being too close. My initial diagnosis was celulitis and that was an infection so I was not prescribed this medication yet. It kept getting worse, and soon spread to the other eye. I went to the Ophthalmologist and me gave me a steroidal eye cream after re-diagosing me with Contact dermatitis. It was hell for 3 full weeks. I went back to the doctor, this is now going on 2 months. She gave me this medication and in 1 day I could notice a difference. BUT the pills taste AWFUL like chewing aspirin."

Mamabearof2boyz January 28, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions "2 years ago I was diagnosed with reactive arthritis likely caused by an allergic reaction to the antibiotic ciprofloxacin. I had severe pain in wrist, shoulders, and gluteus. I am allergic to aspirin and all anti-inflammatory medications. My rheumatologist gave me an injection of methylprednisolone. Within 8 hours I was pain free. However, within a week or so the pain returned. I then started taking 10 mg daily which was very helpful for a year. I reduced my dosage to 4 mg every other day for about 10 months. I stopped taking May 5 2016. I still have wrist pain but bearable. I have had no apparent side effects during or after taking the drug. Note. An every other day dose is recommended in the PDR which I followed for the last year."

Anonymous May 31, 2016

For Gout, Acute "I took 2 tablets before breakfast and 1 after lunch. Felt so much better didn't take one after dinner or bed time."

Ironfinger (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions "My face and chest turned red like a sun burn"

carmerita (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions "Have had surgery on my shoulder twice and my neck all over 11-12 months been dealing with pain about 2 -5 yrs before getting worst up till surgery and then after I go to PT for 6 months after each surgery and each time the pain comes back as bad as before was put on dose pac and it has helped twice pain management Doctor doesn't want to put me on a daily dose. Up till not pain meds really don't help at all Tylenol #3 helps a little. My pain has gotten to the point left neck ,shoulder and left arm the pain is to the point it takes my breath away (take me to my knees) muscle spasms in my neck till no end. Took the dose pack seemed to help was able to get out of the house only lasted about 5 days."

Kaustin6 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions "wow!!! what a difference!!!"

spud downey (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

For Immunosuppression "In Nov. 2013 I started to have double vision and my eyes started to close by themself. I went to a lot of doctors and had test, doctors could not find what I had. I went to a Neurologist and he prescribe me this medicine, and hour or so of taken it, I started to feel fine and my eyes doesn't close."

Ycy45 April 19, 2014

For Asthma "Great for asthma."

jezza28 March 6, 2013

For Gout, Acute "Works quickly to relieve pain. Rarely need full dosage to completely relieve pain. Have tried shots, indomethacin, Celebrex, Etodolac(severe reaction). This works best, have used for over 10 years now. Use only upon attack."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 28, 2012

For Inflammatory Conditions "I had not been stung by a wasp in 28 years and then within a week got stung twice. The first time I did not go to the doctor for 24 hours and got a cortisone shot and had a lot of swelling, itching and burning. 6 days later got stung again and this time my hand swelled and burned and I went to doctor right away. I got 6 day dose pack and was instructed to take the first day dose all at once then follow instructions for remaining 5 days. About an hour after taking medication the itching, burning quit and by morning there was no swelling or pain. Now I have to keep an Epipen with me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2012

"I was prescribed this to go along with an antibiotic for a bad case of bronchitis and the beginning of a sinus infection. It made it much easier to breathe and made my flu-like body aches go away within a day of taking it! I felt so much better! As for side effects, I suffer from panic disorder, and taking this medication did make the physical symptoms of that intermittantly worse. I experienced shortness of breath, a few heart palpitations, and felt jittery after taking each pill. As long as I took a small amount of my anxiety medication, I was fine. One very unexpected side effect was a striking increase in my libido. I normally have a very low sex drive. I felt like I was a teenager while on this. I wish I could take this everyday."

Anonymous July 8, 2012

For Inflammatory Conditions "I have three herniated discs in lower back and pinched nerve which left me unable to do things for myself, even standing and walking was impossible. Within hours helped with pain and in a couple of days I can walk again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2012

For Immunosuppression "I have systemic Lupus. Worked well but insomnia and Mood-Euphoria decreased my normal sleep pattern tremendously."

Anonymous November 8, 2011

For Asthma, acute "Worked so fast. Relieved extremely labored breathing in 1/2 hour of first dose. The heaviness and being unable to take even a 1/4 breath improved to about 75% lung capacity. Much relief fast."

Anonymous January 17, 2011

"I had severe neck pain diagnosed as Degenerative Disc Disease. My doctor's PA prescribed a "Steroid Pack" (I don't recall the brand name) and some Oxycodone that I asked for. The Steroid Pack worked practically instantly; and even though I got the Oxycodone script filled at the same time, I did not have to take even one! The steroid pack was a decreasing dosage that lasted about a week and worked great."

Anonymous August 21, 2010