User Reviews for MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Osteoarthritis 4.5
Summary of MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack reviews 8.1 37 reviews

Reviews for MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Maney · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “If I could give this drug negative stars I would. I had the worst insomnia and loss of appetite for 2 weeks. I slept maybe 1-3 hours a night. I could not eat, I had to force myself. The heart palpitations and racing heart rate lasted MONTHS and were unbearable. I had burning sensations in my head, chest and other parts of my body for months. I was red for months. I became paranoid... I had never felt this way before in my life. This is truly a terrible drug for me. Doctors dismissed it as being due to the pandemic we are currently going through, but I knew that wasn't it. I diagnosed myself through research and found many others who have gone through the same thing as I did. I feel doctors need to be more educated about the terrible side effects of this drug and they need to make patients aware. This drug ruined my life for a long time.”

Cant breathe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 18, 2020

For Asthma: “If you have any breathing issues, this could save your life I promise! Miracle drug and not a narcotic so idk why they don't prescribe it when its desperately needed. I will say be cautious of side effects short term-jittery long term- bloating but for a life without oxygen is worth it. LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE, GIVE IT A COUPLE DAYS”

chip · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Got a bee sting so prescribed this. Day one of methylpredisolone and only have taking 4 of the six prescribed for day one. Every time I take the required dosage I experience heart palpitations that go away in a short time. Not comfortable with the reaction Will stop taking meds and have notified my PCP.”

Hol · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2020

For Asthma: “Just started taking methylprednisolone for severe allergies and beginning asthma. When does the dizziness and slight headache stop.”

Thejudge · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Hi was prescribed this medication for a suspected pinched nerve(s) in my back. I was suffering enough symptoms to send me the ER. I am only on day 2 of 6 and although I feel a bit amped up my symptoms have already gotten better. I will cross my fingers this does the trick. I'm thankful it's only a 6 day course.”

The Gout Guy December 10, 2019

For Gout, Acute: “At 43 I started to get acute gout attacks in my feet and ankle. I ended up in the emergency room twice in 1 month when I started on Allopurinal. They gave me an injection of Toradol and an hour or so later the swelling was gone and I was able to sleep and function. Attacks continued for months and lasted at least a week. Indomethacin, Colchine, & Naproxen have ZERO impact on reduction of the inflammation. Last night I decided I cannot take another $700 bill to the ER and did a teladoc session covered by insurance. The doc prescribed MethylPREDNISolone and within 2 hours I was able to get to sleep. This morning I woke up after 6 hours of sleep feeling like my foot is 95% back to normal. I am planning on working out this afternoon. While this is great to be pain free it is not figuring out the root cause of the problem. I am looking at the gut biome in my own research and believe after looking at many studies I may have an imbalance in the helpful bacteria inside my body.”

Kathy July 9, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I injured my hip that caused severe pain apparently hip bursitis. Narcotics didn’t help and either did Motrin. Doctor prescribes 4mg dose pack and I started feeling better that day. Wish I had this when I fractured my back.”

Wowza · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “TBH I don’t really know why my ENT prescribed me this stuff, he just said “I think I know what your problem is and this should help.” Guess I should’ve probed him for some more information. Side affects have been nuts though. I can actually breathe, but I worked out by going to cycling which I usually do weekly... half way through the workout I wanted to DIE. I was sore as hell, and when I got home to try and sleep I couldn’t because I was in so much pain, I do think it has added to my, already there insomnia, too. It does make me a bit irritable, but the crazier side affect has been my mega increased libido. Craziness.”

Kelly · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Been on med for only 3 days and there is a noticeable decrease in the amount of pain and swelling I had prior to taking this med. I could barely walk after having an arthritic flare up in my knee. By the second day of taking this med, the pain decreased greatly and I was able to walk. I still had some pain, but not nearly as bad as it was. I still have 3 days to go. I'm hoping for even better news!”

blue-sky · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have pudendal nerve pain and methylprednisolone works amazingly for it. Best thing out there. A little jittery at first but manageable. I am very sensitive to so many meds and can barely take anything. This works so well. A god send. I was at my wits end when Doc let me have this. I was able to work without pain and feel like myself. Unlike other meds, that barely work and make you feel like you are on another planet”

blue-sky · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2019

For Neuralgia: “I have taken this medicine twice in my life. 5 years ago for Bursitis in my hip. Worked like a charm. Pain and misery gone! It takes a day or 2 to get used to medicine. I have a very sensitive system and can't take a lot of pills. Now 5 years later, taking it for pudendal nerve pain and its working on that. I'm on day 5. Doctors have tried me on Amitriptyline, Gabapentin, and then asked me to try Lyrica and Cymbalta. I asked my Uro-Gyne to try this med and she said it wouldn't help me. So I asked pain management Doctor to try this and he said "NO one has given you this yet?" Acting shocked and then wrote script immediately. Amitriptyline made me feel like I was having a full blown heart attack, so that was a no go after 1 pill. Gabapentin puts you on planet Pluto and just feels like a band aid thats not actually trying to heal at all. Said NO way to Lyrica and Cymbalta. I think methylprednisolone has been a god send. Really helping nerve/inflammation and still feeling like myself.”

Gen · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2019

For Neuralgia: “Awful Awful stuff, sent me into severe psychosis for two weeks, constant anxiety and panic attacks, visual and auditory hallucinations.. Practically ruined my life!!”

Douglas · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “After three days on this medication, I literally got my life and sanity back. My pain was not allowing me to stand, sit lie, sleep....... Not sure I can take long term, but great relief until my surgery date.”

Berna · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: “The first day, I didn't sleep well. On day two, I started to have a lot less pain in my leg and foot. Today is day four, and happy to say that the meds have given me lots of relief! This is much more convenient than getting pain injections, although I'm not sure how often I can take them, yet & not sure how long the effects will last. If you have chronic pain, I highly recommend this medication.”

Hoyhoy January 22, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “Was given this dose Pack for back pain after a fall by the orthopedic dr at Urgent Care and was told that " I wouldn’t need any other pain Meds”...,had been taking ibuprofen and Tylenol... This medicine was worthless! After 3 days I have an appt with my PCP...”

Schnanc · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Taken twice over the last 7 weeks post-knee replacement surgery. After 6 weeks back at work at a desk for 8 hours, my good leg, lower back hurt so bad, and my replaced knee had pain and swelling from the knee to my foot. Works immediately! Worked the entire time I was on it for 6 days. Then, pain returns. Can't take long term, so I'm not sure how to relief it any other way. OT said exercise but I can hardly stand up straight much less work out.”

Mdenisem · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: “To address knee pain, my doctor prescribed several rounds of physical therapy. The last physical therapist seemed to get to the root cause of the pain and after showing siginificant improvement I was discharged. Two weeks later, my knee was too swollen to move. I went to urgent care and there was diagnosed with arthritis in my knee. The doc prescribed this dosepack and after day 1, I thought it was a miracle drug. The pain was gone. The swelling was gone. However, by day two or three I was bloated. By day five, hints of pain were returning. The day after my last dose, the knee pain fully returned. The relief was great but short lived.”

Tom S. · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2017

For Gout, Acute: “My first experience with gout. Woke up with left foot pain, thought I got a spider bite while I slept. Quickly worsened where walking was very difficult. Called a foot and ankle specialist who got me in that day. He identified condition as gout prescribed MethylPREDNISolone Tablets 4mg dose pack. Instructed to take initial dose at once with my dinner meal. The pain, swelling, discomfort subsided quickly and by next morning little discomfort remained. Completed the course of medication over the six days but condition was resolved in two days. This medication worked very well for me.”

Philly Guy March 7, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Recently prescribed by foot and ankle doctor. Have been on medication for 5 days; seems to be helping a great deal. Have not experienced any aide effects yet.”

Mamabearof2boyz January 28, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I had a small cut under my left eye around my birthday (Dec 10th) which then progressed into a full blown swollen eye, it was so bad that I was up all night crying. And not mostly because people stared at me, or didn't want to get "infected" by being too close. My initial diagnosis was celulitis and that was an infection so I was not prescribed this medication yet. It kept getting worse, and soon spread to the other eye. I went to the Ophthalmologist and me gave me a steroidal eye cream after re-diagosing me with Contact dermatitis. It was hell for 3 full weeks. I went back to the doctor, this is now going on 2 months. She gave me this medication and in 1 day I could notice a difference. BUT the pills taste AWFUL like chewing aspirin.”

Anonymous May 31, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “2 years ago I was diagnosed with reactive arthritis likely caused by an allergic reaction to the antibiotic ciprofloxacin. I had severe pain in wrist, shoulders, and gluteus. I am allergic to aspirin and all anti-inflammatory medications. My rheumatologist gave me an injection of methylprednisolone. Within 8 hours I was pain free. However, within a week or so the pain returned. I then started taking 10 mg daily which was very helpful for a year. I reduced my dosage to 4 mg every other day for about 10 months. I stopped taking May 5 2016. I still have wrist pain but bearable. I have had no apparent side effects during or after taking the drug. Note. An every other day dose is recommended in the PDR which I followed for the last year.”

Ironfinger · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2016

For Gout, Acute: “I took 2 tablets before breakfast and 1 after lunch. Felt so much better didn't take one after dinner or bed time.”

carmerita · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “My face and chest turned red like a sun burn”

Kaustin6 · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Have had surgery on my shoulder twice and my neck all over 11-12 months been dealing with pain about 2 -5 yrs before getting worst up till surgery and then after I go to PT for 6 months after each surgery and each time the pain comes back as bad as before was put on dose pac and it has helped twice pain management Doctor doesn't want to put me on a daily dose. Up till not pain meds really don't help at all Tylenol #3 helps a little. My pain has gotten to the point left neck ,shoulder and left arm the pain is to the point it takes my breath away (take me to my knees) muscle spasms in my neck till no end. Took the dose pack seemed to help was able to get out of the house only lasted about 5 days.”

spud downey · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: “wow!!! what a difference!!!”