User Reviews for MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Learn more about MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack.

Gout, Acute 4 reviews 83 medications

8.5
Dermatologic Lesion 1 reviews 109 medications

Summary of MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack reviews 17 reviews 8.9

Reviews for MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

For Inflammatory Conditions "2 years ago I was diagnosed with reactive arthritis likely caused by an allergic reaction to the antibiotic ciprofloxacin. I had severe pain in wrist, shoulders, and gluteus. I am allergic to aspirin and all anti-inflammatory medications. My rheumatologist gave me an injection of methylprednisolone. Within 8 hours I was pain free. However, within a week or so the pain returned. I then started taking 10 mg daily which was very helpful for a year. I reduced my dosage to 4 mg every other day for about 10 months. I stopped taking May 5 2016. I still have wrist pain but bearable. I have had no apparent side effects during or after taking the drug. Note. An every other day dose is recommended in the PDR which I followed for the last year."

Anonymous May 31, 2016

For Gout, Acute "I took 2 tablets before breakfast and 1 after lunch. Felt so much better didn't take one after dinner or bed time."

Ironfinger (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions "My face and chest turned red like a sun burn"

carmerita (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions "Have had surgery on my shoulder twice and my neck all over 11-12 months been dealing with pain about 2 -5 yrs before getting worst up till surgery and then after I go to PT for 6 months after each surgery and each time the pain comes back as bad as before was put on dose pac and it has helped twice pain management Doctor doesn't want to put me on a daily dose. Up till not pain meds really don't help at all Tylenol #3 helps a little. My pain has gotten to the point left neck ,shoulder and left arm the pain is to the point it takes my breath away (take me to my knees) muscle spasms in my neck till no end. Took the dose pack seemed to help was able to get out of the house only lasted about 5 days."

Kaustin6 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions "wow!!! what a difference!!!"

spud downey (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

For Immunosuppression "In Nov. 2013 I started to have double vision and my eyes started to close by themself. I went to a lot of doctors and had test, doctors could not find what I had. I went to a Neurologist and he prescribe me this medicine, and hour or so of taken it, I started to feel fine and my eyes doesn't close."

Ycy45 April 19, 2014

For Asthma "Great for asthma."

jezza28 March 6, 2013

For Gout, Acute "Works quickly to relieve pain. Rarely need full dosage to completely relieve pain. Have tried shots, indomethacin, Celebrex, Etodolac(severe reaction). This works best, have used for over 10 years now. Use only upon attack."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 28, 2012

For Inflammatory Conditions "I had not been stung by a wasp in 28 years and then within a week got stung twice. The first time I did not go to the doctor for 24 hours and got a cortisone shot and had a lot of swelling, itching and burning. 6 days later got stung again and this time my hand swelled and burned and I went to doctor right away. I got 6 day dose pack and was instructed to take the first day dose all at once then follow instructions for remaining 5 days. About an hour after taking medication the itching, burning quit and by morning there was no swelling or pain. Now I have to keep an Epipen with me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2012

"I was prescribed this to go along with an antibiotic for a bad case of bronchitis and the beginning of a sinus infection. It made it much easier to breathe and made my flu-like body aches go away within a day of taking it! I felt so much better! As for side effects, I suffer from panic disorder, and taking this medication did make the physical symptoms of that intermittantly worse. I experienced shortness of breath, a few heart palpitations, and felt jittery after taking each pill. As long as I took a small amount of my anxiety medication, I was fine. One very unexpected side effect was a striking increase in my libido. I normally have a very low sex drive. I felt like I was a teenager while on this. I wish I could take this everyday."

Anonymous July 8, 2012

For Inflammatory Conditions "I have three herniated discs in lower back and pinched nerve which left me unable to do things for myself, even standing and walking was impossible. Within hours helped with pain and in a couple of days I can walk again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2012

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Immunosuppression "I have systemic Lupus. Worked well but insomnia and Mood-Euphoria decreased my normal sleep pattern tremendously."

Anonymous November 8, 2011

For Asthma, acute "Worked so fast. Relieved extremely labored breathing in 1/2 hour of first dose. The heaviness and being unable to take even a 1/4 breath improved to about 75% lung capacity. Much relief fast."

Anonymous January 17, 2011

"I had severe neck pain diagnosed as Degenerative Disc Disease. My doctor's PA prescribed a "Steroid Pack" (I don't recall the brand name) and some Oxycodone that I asked for. The Steroid Pack worked practically instantly; and even though I got the Oxycodone script filled at the same time, I did not have to take even one! The steroid pack was a decreasing dosage that lasted about a week and worked great."

Anonymous August 21, 2010

For Gout, Acute "I usually wait to take this drug in the hope that the gout pain will pass. I ALWAYS regret not taking it right away. You feel relief in a couple of hours and I have never had a side effect or stomach upset. For me it works great. Sometimes though the day after I take the last pill my toe knuckle swells up again. I wait again to restart the dose. "

essiemoo July 8, 2010

For Inflammatory Conditions "Brought the swelling around my eye, due to an allergic reaction, down within hours. Took it in the morning and by evening was looking fairly normal and ready to face society."

Anonymous June 2, 2010

For Gout, Acute "Fast acting relief felt in the first day"

Anonymous December 19, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis "This medication seems to help when I am having a extreme allergy attack. My doctor prescribed this to help with a bad sinus infection I had and it worked well. I was feeling much better after the first day of pills."

Allergy sufferer June 14, 2008

For Dermatologic Lesion "This steriod helped kill the pain of my condition. The only bad thing is I tended to become very tired every time I took the medication. Overall a decent product."

Anonymous April 1, 2008