User Reviews for MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack.

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack to treat Inflammatory Conditions

"Taken twice over the last 7 weeks post-knee replacement surgery. After 6 weeks back at work at a desk for 8 hours, my good leg, lower back hurt so bad, and my replaced knee had pain and swelling from the knee to my foot. Works immediately! Worked the entire time I was on it for 6 days. Then, pain returns. Can't take long term, so I'm not sure how to relief it any other way. OT said exercise but I can hardly stand up straight much less work out."

Schnanc (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"To address knee pain, my doctor prescribed several rounds of physical therapy. The last physical therapist seemed to get to the root cause of the pain and after showing siginificant improvement I was discharged. Two weeks later, my knee was too swollen to move. I went to urgent care and there was diagnosed with arthritis in my knee. The doc prescribed this dosepack and after day 1, I thought it was a miracle drug. The pain was gone. The swelling was gone. However, by day two or three I was bloated. By day five, hints of pain were returning. The day after my last dose, the knee pain fully returned. The relief was great but short lived."

Mdenisem (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Recently prescribed by foot and ankle doctor. Have been on medication for 5 days; seems to be helping a great deal. Have not experienced any aide effects yet."

Philly Guy March 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a small cut under my left eye around my birthday (Dec 10th) which then progressed into a full blown swollen eye, it was so bad that I was up all night crying. And not mostly because people stared at me, or didn't want to get "infected" by being too close. My initial diagnosis was celulitis and that was an infection so I was not prescribed this medication yet. It kept getting worse, and soon spread to the other eye. I went to the Ophthalmologist and me gave me a steroidal eye cream after re-diagosing me with Contact dermatitis. It was hell for 3 full weeks. I went back to the doctor, this is now going on 2 months. She gave me this medication and in 1 day I could notice a difference. BUT the pills taste AWFUL like chewing aspirin."

Mamabearof2boyz January 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"2 years ago I was diagnosed with reactive arthritis likely caused by an allergic reaction to the antibiotic ciprofloxacin. I had severe pain in wrist, shoulders, and gluteus. I am allergic to aspirin and all anti-inflammatory medications. My rheumatologist gave me an injection of methylprednisolone. Within 8 hours I was pain free. However, within a week or so the pain returned. I then started taking 10 mg daily which was very helpful for a year. I reduced my dosage to 4 mg every other day for about 10 months. I stopped taking May 5 2016. I still have wrist pain but bearable. I have had no apparent side effects during or after taking the drug. Note. An every other day dose is recommended in the PDR which I followed for the last year."

Anonymous May 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My face and chest turned red like a sun burn"

carmerita (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have had surgery on my shoulder twice and my neck all over 11-12 months been dealing with pain about 2 -5 yrs before getting worst up till surgery and then after I go to PT for 6 months after each surgery and each time the pain comes back as bad as before was put on dose pac and it has helped twice pain management Doctor doesn't want to put me on a daily dose. Up till not pain meds really don't help at all Tylenol #3 helps a little. My pain has gotten to the point left neck ,shoulder and left arm the pain is to the point it takes my breath away (take me to my knees) muscle spasms in my neck till no end. Took the dose pack seemed to help was able to get out of the house only lasted about 5 days."

Kaustin6 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"wow!!! what a difference!!!"

spud downey (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had not been stung by a wasp in 28 years and then within a week got stung twice. The first time I did not go to the doctor for 24 hours and got a cortisone shot and had a lot of swelling, itching and burning. 6 days later got stung again and this time my hand swelled and burned and I went to doctor right away. I got 6 day dose pack and was instructed to take the first day dose all at once then follow instructions for remaining 5 days. About an hour after taking medication the itching, burning quit and by morning there was no swelling or pain. Now I have to keep an Epipen with me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have three herniated discs in lower back and pinched nerve which left me unable to do things for myself, even standing and walking was impossible. Within hours helped with pain and in a couple of days I can walk again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Brought the swelling around my eye, due to an allergic reaction, down within hours. Took it in the morning and by evening was looking fairly normal and ready to face society."

Anonymous June 2, 2010