User Reviews for Depo-Medrol

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Depo-Medrol.

Osteoarthritis

6.7

2 reviews
Summary of Depo-Medrol reviews 8.9 10 reviews

Reviews for Depo-Medrol

"Had injected into spine via epidural steroid injection RUINED LIFE!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After moving into an old apartment in Florida, I developed a severe skin rash which I attribute to mold in the walls. The rash was from my neck to my ankles. Itched/burned beyond belief. Went to Urgent Care and received an injection of this miracle drug which is the only thing that provided relief. I had no side effects at all. Just gratitude to be taken out of my misery if only temporarily."

giojazz September 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Having had rheumatoid arthritis with secondary sjorgrens and Raynaud's for twenty odd years I have tried so many combinations of medication. The best result was Methotrexate but unfortunately after a bout of pneumonia this was stopped. I was at my wits end and lost interest in everything.....even the news that I was going to be a grandma! My rheumatologist, seeing my distress gave me the injection and its like a new world! I have the odd 'ouch' but I can now sleep, my memory is back, I can smile and mean it. Don't know how long it will last but for me its been a bit of a lifesaver."

Natawol (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions "My primary doc actually gave me a shot of this when I threw my back out. I never felt better. I went back to him and told him not only did it help with my back, but with may fibromyalgia! My rheumatologist had given me all sorts of pills to try and I felt like like a science experiment! I usually get it 1-2 times a year. I stretch it out until I know I can't take it anymore and my body tells me- "help"- it has done me wonders! I can get back on my feet and be me within a day or 2 depending on how bad I am. No more docs pushing pills down my throat or telling me it's all in my head, & I can get outta bed when the alarm goes off- not hitting snooze and for 2 hours and Practically in tears! I know my body N it works for me! Good luck!"

Fibro- flare (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions "My hair is falling out. It's so hard to lose weight. I feel mentally a little off like constant irritation. I also feel a little lethargic. When I first got the shots I felt jittery for days. I'm having blurry vision. "

Aryl September 28, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I get an injection (40) in my hip and knee every three months. Has been a great relief for over 5 years. I am almost 68 years old. Have told other seniors of this great injection to avoid or delay knee and hip replacement and pain relief."

Jolly Green Giant July 17, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions "I had severe soft tissue damage. The inflammation would not subside and was creating other problems as the inflammation was choking nerves. I did a series of 11 injections in the area (12"x12" area) over approximately 8 weeks. It worked. It took about 2 months to feel full effects. My side effects included minimal pain at the injection point for a day or 2 after each injection and major upper body sweating. Thank God for this medicine as it was the only thing that worked to minimize the inflammation."

pazza (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Had injections in both knees today. Aching a little but severe pain easing. I have been advised by specialist as long as shots work to avoid having knee replacements, as that is a long time to recoup. I hate reading all the side effects of Depo Medrol, too. The dosage is very minimal I've been told. Today's injection was my first since July!"

1111sallyg January 22, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions "A little trouble sleeping yet the inflammation simply disappears!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions "I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. Everything builds to climax with extensive swelling and pain that goes from skull to toe. Nothing brings relief even though I am on a constant dosage of Predisone. Only relief is from an injection of Depo Mederol from my Rheumatologist. Relief occurs in 1/2 a day. At that time life is worth living again and lasts for about 3 weeks. I hate it all but this bit of relief is "a temporary heaven on earth." Pray for me and people like me!"

Anonymous October 9, 2011