User Reviews for Depo-Medrol to treat Inflammatory Conditions

Depo-Medrol has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions. 50% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Depo-Medrol Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Anonymous October 9, 2011

“I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. Everything builds to climax with extensive swelling and pain that goes from skull to toe. Nothing brings relief even though I am on a constant dosage of Predisone. Only relief is from an injection of Depo Mederol from my Rheumatologist. Relief occurs in 1/2 a day. At that time life is worth living again and lasts for about 3 weeks. I hate it all but this bit of relief is "a temporary heaven on earth." Pray for me and people like me!”

Fibro- flare · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 9, 2015

“My primary doc actually gave me a shot of this when I threw my back out. I never felt better. I went back to him and told him not only did it help with my back, but with may fibromyalgia! My rheumatologist had given me all sorts of pills to try and I felt like like a science experiment! I usually get it 1-2 times a year. I stretch it out until I know I can't take it anymore and my body tells me- "help"- it has done me wonders! I can get back on my feet and be me within a day or 2 depending on how bad I am. No more docs pushing pills down my throat or telling me it's all in my head, & I can get outta bed when the alarm goes off- not hitting snooze and for 2 hours and Practically in tears! I know my body N it works for me! Good luck!”

hags · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 20, 2019

“Got a epidural steroid injection (ESI) in T5/6 and felt a sharp pain. Procedure went well after that. One month later strange pains in spine started. Never told of any risks or ESI. Now in HORRIBLE PAIN in low back, neck and mid back 4 months later. MRI shows nothing and doctors think I am crazy. Trust me- I am not crazy. This stuff is poison. I think I may be in for a life of misery.”

Crazylady October 26, 2019

“I have Autoimmune disorder, Spinal stenosis, Arthritis. I was given one injection in my back of Depo-Medrol and it hasn't worked at all! Although I did have many of the side effects after the first week. I have been on the shot for 3 weeks now. My eyes are burning, blurred, I have headaches, sharp pain in my legs, sharp pain in my temples, and more.”

Aryl September 28, 2013

“My hair is falling out. It's so hard to lose weight. I feel mentally a little off like constant irritation. I also feel a little lethargic. When I first got the shots I felt jittery for days. I'm having blurry vision. ”

pazza · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2013

“I had severe soft tissue damage. The inflammation would not subside and was creating other problems as the inflammation was choking nerves. I did a series of 11 injections in the area (12"x12" area) over approximately 8 weeks. It worked. It took about 2 months to feel full effects. My side effects included minimal pain at the injection point for a day or 2 after each injection and major upper body sweating. Thank God for this medicine as it was the only thing that worked to minimize the inflammation.”

jj April 24, 2018

“Depo medrol is a nightmare drug which makes my skin extremely dry, flakey, and peeling. This drug has messed up my bowels causing extreme gas and bloating plus sticky stools plus I have to use the bathroom all day some days and my anus will itch. I suggested maybe I have worms but three stool samples say I don't. I feel chronically tired and hurt everywhere and now I have daily headaches. This drug makes me think slow and feel dumb. So depressing. Been to a few doctors and all they care about is a colostomy which I feel is not the antidote for these bad side effects I've had for well over a year. I complained about these side effects after I was first given these injections and the doctor turned a blind eye to them and kept giving me depo medrol for over a year. I wonder if the doctor is keeping me sick to make money off of me.”