User Reviews for Quillivant XR

6.1

Summary of Quillivant XR reviews 6.1 17 reviews

Reviews for Quillivant XR

robloxgammerfan833773 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 24, 2019

For ADHD "it really works for me great medicine"

Marge · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2019

For ADHD "Started my 6y/o son on Quillivant for ADHD. It went well but only lasted a few hours. We switched to Quillivant XR and it's been good for him. We can increase his dose gradually and he does not seem muted or spaced out. It's like someone turned down the volume on his ADHD. It's no magic thing. He still struggles to focus. But he's much more able to sit for longer than 10 seconds and has been able to keep up with what's going on in school a bit more. He does not lose his appetite, does not have any apparent side effects though he does rebound at the end of the day. All in all, I'm very happy with this medication for him."

Pat · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 24, 2018

For ADHD "I have given this med to my son for ADD, but our experience is he is like a zombie. And yet his teacher says he does not focus. Well how can he if his state of mind is where? So I cut back the dosage to 4mg and then 3mg and then 2mg. But he still seems like he is out in left field somewhere and not focusing. Has anyone else had this problem."

Sherbr · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 13, 2017

For ADHD "My daughter was put on this for her ADHD and it has worked reasonably thus far. We weren't looking for a miracle cure as everything has its pros and cons. We have Tricare Prime and I pay $25 a month for her bottle."

thx1432 · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2017

For ADHD "This medication does nothing for me. I still can't concentrate or remember much. I am taking 60mg(12ml) daily. I have read a lot of positive reviews for Dexedrine and will be asking for it."

P.F. · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2017

For ADHD "I have been on this medicine for approx a week with no benefits whatsoever. I am taking 60 mg(12ml) a day. Dexedrine, on the other hand, has very positive reviews and will be asking for Dexedrine next appt."

L. White · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2017

For ADHD ""Tried" to fill the Rx my son's Dr. had written (very first of this med) at one of the large retail store pharmacy's and... Even with a Tricare co-pay, the cost was just over $1K!!! Needless to say, I called the Dr.'s office back immediately for another/different Rx. Talk about price-gouging!"

Melissa Johnson December 4, 2016

For ADHD "My son was put on this medication that the age of 8. The first day he was focused however he kept licking his lips and would just stare when being spoken too . I took him Off the medication . It's not for us."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2016

For ADHD "My 4yr old son has Autism/ADHD/OCD. After coming off of Risperidone my sons' Neurologist wanted to try my son on Quillivant XR. Our Pharmacy had to special order this med due to there was nobody else in this county that takes it. The 1st dose of this med that my son took he went WILD!!! He got violent with us, and just refused to eat ANYTHING, he was also up for 22hr straight! He only had 2 doses of this med (day 1 & 2) then I had to call his Dr and to have him taken off the med. We ended up going back on Risperidone and Guanfacine. Once I stopped giving my son the Quillivant XR med he started acting like his old self again."

Finally a solution September 13, 2016

For ADHD "I have Bipolar I disorder along with PTSD and ADHD. I am a rapid cycler which means im all over the place and I need to have a strict medication schedule in order to remain stable. Being on any stimulant medications, like even a steroid for inflammation, can make me manic. After spending years trying to stabilize my condition I faced with a choice: either drop out of college bc I couldnt keep up or risk going manic by trying an ADHD med. It took months for my doctor to agree to give me something, anything, for my ADHD because the risks were too high, but she finally did. In February she prescribed Quillivant XR because it had seemed to work with other Bipolar patients. Since then everything has changed. My mind works. My brain works finally"

Hope for my Son · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2016

For ADHD "Son was recently diagnosis for ADHD in June 2016 and just had his first dose on 8/16/16 Dr recommended that we start at least a couple days before school just to see how it works. Well as a mother whom was against Meds at first was impressed with it on first day with the exception that i notice around the 4th hr that he had started to move his mouth alot, lick lips and move tongue around inside of his mouth uncontrollably and it was concerning to me. Eventually it did stop around 11th hr after he was given dose. Im not sure what this could be i do see one of the symptom is dry mouth, can anyone tell me if their child experience this or what this maybe."

cowgirl_boots August 16, 2016

For ADHD "I got this for my 5 year old daughter, who has high functioning autism. This medication was a godsend in terms of making her focus and follow directions, but sadly, we had to stop giving it to her because it made her terrified of everything. She became very paranoid and things she used to love suddenly scared her (example, blowing bubbles became scary!) She became jumpy and had nightmares. We tried to work with this medication for over a year, no luck. She's is 7 years old now, and we finally took her off of it. After being off of it for a little over a week, she is no longer scared and paranoid about everything. She is back to being unfocused and not following directions, but I would rather have her unfocused than terrified of everything"

Mom who wants happiness for ki · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 13, 2016

For ADHD "Quillivant has changed our lives. My 12-year old son has ADHD with slight autism. When he isn't on medication he is depressed, cries a lot and can be inappropriate. He won't swallow a pill. We tried a few medications and the patch, but they all had instant side effects. We love that Quillivant is a liquid and at 5ml he is very happy. The only slight side effect is decrease in appetite. It wears off 8 hours later when we give him a Ritalin pill that he chews. Yuck. We couldn't be happier with this product, but it is hard to find at pharmacies. Get a discount card for only a $20 co-pay."

Mvh313 August 7, 2016

For ADHD "This is the first and only medication we've given to my 6yo son since being diagnosed with adhd in January 2016. It works very well. We give him his dose at 6:30am during the school year and the teacher notices it wearing off by about 2pm. The only noticeable side affects were a slight decrease in appetite the first few weeks, and slightly more difficulty when settling down for bed at night. We no longer have either issue. It is pricy. We pay $$65/month with our insurance plan. We live in PA and have to pick up the prescription from the doctor's office each month. We've also had an issue occasionally when our pharmacy does not have quillivant in stock. When this happened we had to drive to several pharmacies to find one who had it."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 13, 2015

For ADHD "My son was prescribed this at the age of five. It work well on his ADHD, the bad thing about it was that it made his see things that weren't there. He would hallucinate very badly. So we had him taken off and was put on a new medicine."

Sumomof3 August 11, 2015

For ADHD "This has been the best medication for my 10-yr old son, both in how it works and the fact that it's a liquid. He has severe ADHD. He can't swallow pills and the patch gave him a rash. He had tried a few capsule meds opened up & the extended release bead mixed in pudding. As soon as this came out, we switched him to Quillivant and he's had great success in managing his ADHD during the day. He starts having trouble at school around 1pm, so it does wear off somewhat, but overall we have been impressed with this medication. I will second the other reviewer's comment that you should get the Copay card from your prescriber that is given to them by the manufacturer so it only costs $20/month. You can get a new one each calendar year."

cafekete · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 18, 2015

For ADHD "Used for ADHD treatment in my 8 year old daughter. We had to increase her dosage to last the school day. Only real pitfall is it comes in a glass bottle and not easily transported. We switched to a pill that I can keep on hand....for mornings when ADD mom forgets :-) ALSO stupid expensive unless you get the $20 copay card from your DR. They will send you another after 12 uses. Did have to get authorization from insurance for this med."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)