User Reviews for Quillivant XR

Learn more about Quillivant XR.

Quillivant XR Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Quillivant XR to treat ADHD

"My 4yr old son has Autism/ADHD/OCD. After coming off of Risperidone my sons' Neurologist wanted to try my son on Quillivant XR. Our Pharmacy had to special order this med due to there was nobody else in this county that takes it. The 1st dose of this med that my son took he went WILD!!! He got violent with us, and just refused to eat ANYTHING, he was also up for 22hr straight! He only had 2 doses of this med (day 1 & 2) then I had to call his Dr and to have him taken off the med. We ended up going back on Risperidone and Guanfacine. Once I stopped giving my son the Quillivant XR med he started acting like his old self again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2016

"I have Bipolar I disorder along with PTSD and ADHD. I am a rapid cycler which means im all over the place and I need to have a strict medication schedule in order to remain stable. Being on any stimulant medications, like even a steroid for inflammation, can make me manic. After spending years trying to stabilize my condition I faced with a choice: either drop out of college bc I couldnt keep up or risk going manic by trying an ADHD med. It took months for my doctor to agree to give me something, anything, for my ADHD because the risks were too high, but she finally did. In February she prescribed Quillivant XR because it had seemed to work with other Bipolar patients. Since then everything has changed. My mind works. My brain works finally"

Finally a solution September 13, 2016

"The dosing was 0.5mg x 2 doses, daily. The first few days (1-4) were great. We noticed more our 5 yr old soon looking at us for longer periods of time when speaking to him. Also, he seemed to turn his work (kindergarten) completed, the teacher was impressed with that. However, his ODD (more defiant) became worse at the end of the first week, he began hiding under his desk saying "don't look at my face," and more emotional all around. At the end of the week, he had 2-3 full on accidents (urination on himself, in the daytime.) This was where I put my foot down and dropped this drug. My son did not have any problems with bladder control before this drug. I am not going to continue this with out reassurance from prescribing doctor."

Pissed off in Houston, TX (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

"Son was recently diagnosis for ADHD in June 2016 and just had his first dose on 8/16/16 Dr recommended that we start at least a couple days before school just to see how it works. Well as a mother whom was against Meds at first was impressed with it on first day with the exception that i notice around the 4th hr that he had started to move his mouth alot, lick lips and move tongue around inside of his mouth uncontrollably and it was concerning to me. Eventually it did stop around 11th hr after he was given dose. Im not sure what this could be i do see one of the symptom is dry mouth, can anyone tell me if their child experience this or what this maybe."

Hope for my Son (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

"I got this for my 5 year old daughter, who has high functioning autism. This medication was a godsend in terms of making her focus and follow directions, but sadly, we had to stop giving it to her because it made her terrified of everything. She became very paranoid and things she used to love suddenly scared her (example, blowing bubbles became scary!) She became jumpy and had nightmares. We tried to work with this medication for over a year, no luck. She's is 7 years old now, and we finally took her off of it. After being off of it for a little over a week, she is no longer scared and paranoid about everything. She is back to being unfocused and not following directions, but I would rather have her unfocused than terrified of everything"

cowgirl_boots August 16, 2016

"Quillivant has changed our lives. My 12-year old son has ADHD with slight autism. When he isn't on medication he is depressed, cries a lot and can be inappropriate. He won't swallow a pill. We tried a few medications and the patch, but they all had instant side effects. We love that Quillivant is a liquid and at 5ml he is very happy. The only slight side effect is decrease in appetite. It wears off 8 hours later when we give him a Ritalin pill that he chews. Yuck. We couldn't be happier with this product, but it is hard to find at pharmacies. Get a discount card for only a $20 co-pay."

Mom who wants happiness for ki (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2016

"This is the first and only medication we've given to my 6yo son since being diagnosed with adhd in January 2016. It works very well. We give him his dose at 6:30am during the school year and the teacher notices it wearing off by about 2pm. The only noticeable side affects were a slight decrease in appetite the first few weeks, and slightly more difficulty when settling down for bed at night. We no longer have either issue. It is pricy. We pay $$65/month with our insurance plan. We live in PA and have to pick up the prescription from the doctor's office each month. We've also had an issue occasionally when our pharmacy does not have quillivant in stock. When this happened we had to drive to several pharmacies to find one who had it."

Mvh313 August 7, 2016

"My son was prescribed this at the age of five. It work well on his ADHD, the bad thing about it was that it made his see things that weren't there. He would hallucinate very badly. So we had him taken off and was put on a new medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2015

"This has been the best medication for my 10-yr old son, both in how it works and the fact that it's a liquid. He has severe ADHD. He can't swallow pills and the patch gave him a rash. He had tried a few capsule meds opened up & the extended release bead mixed in pudding. As soon as this came out, we switched him to Quillivant and he's had great success in managing his ADHD during the day. He starts having trouble at school around 1pm, so it does wear off somewhat, but overall we have been impressed with this medication. I will second the other reviewer's comment that you should get the Copay card from your prescriber that is given to them by the manufacturer so it only costs $20/month. You can get a new one each calendar year."

Sumomof3 August 11, 2015

"Used for ADHD treatment in my 8 year old daughter. We had to increase her dosage to last the school day. Only real pitfall is it comes in a glass bottle and not easily transported. We switched to a pill that I can keep on hand....for mornings when ADD mom forgets :-) ALSO stupid expensive unless you get the $20 copay card from your DR. They will send you another after 12 uses. Did have to get authorization from insurance for this med."

cafekete (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 18, 2015