User Reviews for Methylin to treat ADHD

Methylin Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Methylin

Nerd · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2018

“F, 77 in 2018, quasi-retired nerd, ADD without hyperactivity. Last year, fed up with being so distractible, I got my GP to write me a script for generic methylphenidate. Walgreens was dispensing the round, very-pale-orange ones marked DAN 20 5884 (I'd name the manufacturer, but with all the takeovers, name changes, and selloffs I haven't a clue who that is. The pill bottle said Actavis). It's IR not ER, and at a 20mg@06.00, 10@noon, 10@18.00 regimen worked *wonderfully* for me on a number of levels including focus, T2 obesity reduction, available energy level, and even a good night's sleep. This year, I haven't been able to find a pharmacy that carries the 5884 pill, so I settled for Malinckrodt's Methylin. My perception is that it's not even close to being therapeutically equivalent. I perceive it as having an efficacy about 2/3 that of the 5884 one, which is a great disappointment. The difference is so great that I'll likely file a complaint with the FDA.”

crim March 19, 2015

“Wow this stuff. There are pros and cons. Pros are for the first time something used to treat my ADHD doesn't mess up my personality. I still feel like the same person and I'm still very sociable but I'm focused at the same time. Cons are that 10mg for me isn't enough.... neither is 20mg. ”

Anonymous November 5, 2011

“I lost most my friends BUT started 3 businesses by the age of 21. This medicine works, but its a medicine. Yes I have most of the generic side effects (loss of appetite, insomnia, irritability afterwards), but the PROS outweigh the CONS right now. ”

ovityo derson, October 11, 2011

“Very effective on ADD. Obviously, helps focus and concentration. One problem, great benefit is that if you have bipolar and depression is helps motivate you and give some of your ambition and great energy levels back! I have noticed that if not on an extended release form and you have long days like I do you notice that the effectiveness only lasts about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.”

codysmom! May 19, 2011

“My son is 6 and has been on this medication for a week and has shown improvement at school. He has been able to work independently on his work sheets and gets through his work faster. He is very smart but didn't have the focus to complete a task but I have noticed he has loss of appetite and not going to sleep at night which is bothersome to me because he was always such a good eater and sleeper. So might have to look into other medicines.”

Anonymous February 19, 2011

“It works really well. I've improved on my listening skills and concentrating on things. I've managed to get much better grades too.”

kaylee5 January 17, 2011

“My daughter is 5 and they recently put her on this medication an she is doing a lot better since taking it. The only down side I have seen is as the day goes on she gets really whinny/moody, but she can focus at school a lot better and is a lot happier an nicer.”

ladylace February 4, 2010

“I have only been on it for one month. It's the best thing I have taken.”

Anonymous November 10, 2009

“This drug has changed my life. I have ADD and depression. I used to not be able to get out of bed for a week at a time. Now I'm loving life hanging out with friends and happy for the first time in a long time. I've tried a few other ADD medicines they didn't really help me. I like the Methyln generic much more than any of them. The only problem I have with it is that I don't like to stop taking it and go to bed, kinda like addicted to it while on it, but ONLY when I'm on it. Before I could go all day and not crave it, been on it a year now. It's just when I take my first one hard for me to not want to stay on it because I enjoy life so much more.”

mezomorph April 25, 2009

“I used this for about a week, it caused severe dry mouth and loss of appetite.”

Anonymous April 14, 2009

“For me, Methylin has been so positive. In the competitive world that is SALES; Methylin has been a God send. It's helped me focus, stay focused and follow through on sales leads and potential. I just wish I'd discovered it 15 years ago. If you have ADD, Methylin should help you.”

good boy January 14, 2009

“I think this drug helps really well.”

lauraeg October 16, 2008

“This drug has changed my life. I was diagnosed with ADHD in my late 20s and I never knew that I could enjoy my family and every day life this much. I am very pleased.”