User Reviews for Salonpas Pain Patch

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Salonpas Pain Patch.

Osteoarthritis
6.2

Muscle Pain
5.2

Summary of Salonpas Pain Patch reviews 5.7 17 reviews

Reviews for Salonpas Pain Patch

For Muscle Pain "Have used for four or five years with no side effects...muscle strain Four days ago after Pilates in left-side neck, upper cervical, scapula. Applied four patches across back of neck; woke up three hours later, different tingling burning pain. Attributed to continued muscle strain; removed patches five hours later, showered. Several hours later noted more strained discomfort, burning; felt bumps in my scalp close to posterior neck. Slept restlessly and with continued burning sensation. Husband noted red bumps and marks over left side of neck. Called your customer care line; closed. Called Costco where purchased Lot SAO8U Exp 09/2019. "

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 12, 2018

For Muscle Pain "I highly recommend the Salonpas patch. It gives hours of relief.I used on low back pain."

SGWalker February 1, 2018

For Muscle Pain "I have used the patches for 15 years. Somebody got the bright idea to change the material - probably bought out by another company and they don't stick at all. Waste of money. So sad."

Malish December 8, 2017

For Muscle Pain "I used to purchase Salon Pas patches years ago and I never had an issue. I just recently bought 2 packs of 20 and I later started to notice that my elbow was itching and becoming more and more crusty. I removed the bandages and now my skin looks like its white with a rash. Whats going on with this product that used to be so good and a product that I could trust. Did you change manufacturers?"

MZZ.tP (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2017

For Muscle Pain "10-15 min after applying, face started swelling, did not feel good. Had to be given Benadryl injection"

Nonne November 29, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I used the patch and because I thought it was helping reduce the pain of my tendonitis of my wrists, I continued using it. The pain of neither wrist got worse and my palm hurt and also the fingers. A week ago after using Salonpas pain patch for over three months, my wrists have swollen and the pain is excruciating. I went back too my doctor but because he was not aware that I had used the patch for a long time, he thought the swelling of the wrists were due to rheumatoid arthritis. The swelling is going down gradually. I would like to add here that I am allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen. I read the label only yesterday!"

hivale (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I have been using these pain patches for several years and they were always very effective. However, since the new patches came out I have not been happy with them. They are still very effective in relieving pain but they will not stick as in the past. They very easily fall off. This was never a problem with the other patches."

what isn't? September 25, 2017

For Muscle Pain "I've used salon pas for years, I have boxes of them in my car or at home. Even at work. But these new patches aren't good at all. I put it on and almost immediately them crinkle up and lift up. It really sucks because I like salon pas better than the other pain relieving patches. I guess I'll have to try something different. Something that'll stay on at least. I hope you all bring back the old patches or figure out a different types because these really suck!"

HI808 (taken for 10 years or more) September 17, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I have tried heat pads, freeze pads, gels tablets and I am really pleased I saw these advertised on the TV I tried them and I had no expectations at all. I was very surprised that they worked on my neck pain my hip pain back pain and have no complaints worth giving a go may not be suitable for everyone but worked for me."

Christine Jull August 27, 2017

For Muscle Pain "I too have used these patches for year, the white ones. They would stay on for hours and hours. Now the new beige thin ones won't stay on at all. Used one on my wrist, fell off after 45 min of constant pushing it down in place. Use a new one after that....lasted less than 30 min. They have lost a good customer with this "on the cheap" adhesive."

bjlyons August 12, 2017

For Muscle Pain "Never buy this again. Salonpas Lidocaine patch never touched my pain. I couldn't tell I had it on. Couldn't never feel the medicine doing anything. $10 dollars for the box. Now I'm stuck with my pain and patches that don't work."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I tried this for my pain from a 3 disc spinal fusion and I might as well have spread melted chocolate for all the good these things do. I tried the box of 20 patches, ingredients camphor, wintergreen and methyl salicylate. Don't waste your money. All you do is walk around reeking of camphor and wintergreen, and it has almost NO effect as far as pain. The ads for this are very deceiving. I'd rate this product with a minus if I had the option."

tearsofjadegmail.com (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I have used salonpas forever and have always been satisfied with it. Now I noticed that you are using a different type of material and I don't feel it works as good. I normally put them on at night on neck and the new ones come off before morning. Old ones stayed on all night. Why did you make a change when what you had was just fine?"

Judy Lotton June 3, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "These patches have made life bearable and sleep possible. I was suffering from severe pain from arthritis and also ruptured discs. I have been able to function and go about life with the aid of these patches."

Barb W May 5, 2017

For Muscle Pain "I used 2 of the Salonpas with Lidocaine patches for muscle pain in my shoulder and neck area. Started getting a rash after the second application. The rash is in the shape of the patch, very itchy and bumpy and looks like it could blister."

KimHutch March 6, 2017

For Muscle Pain "Got my free sample of salonpas pain patch the same day I worked 8 straight hours. I work in a Vets office in the kennel and most days we do 20 to 30 dog baths a day. I was exhausted and sore and I just knew I would be sore and unable to move the next day, but I applied solonpas pain patch before bed and woke up ready to face another day. I would recommend this to everyone and I will be purchasing more. Thank you for the free sample, it really works!"

Tiaffales30 March 9, 2016

For Muscle Pain "The adhesive used for these particular patches works a lot better than the other comparable products on the market by far. As long as you get them on straight and unwrinkled the first time, they will stay on for virtually as long as they last, which also happens to exceed comparable products by far. Couple this with the much less expensive price and you have three reasons why this is simply a superior product to the others. It should be noted that the one time I almost bought another name brand product similar to that of SalonPas, the pharmacist, without solicitation or knowing I had a preferance, recommended I go elsewhere to find SalonPas, as they were far superior in his opinion as well."

fenix7 June 7, 2010