User Reviews for Salonpas Pain Patch

Salonpas Pain Patch has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 87 ratings on Drugs.com. 37% of those users who reviewed Salonpas Pain Patch reported a positive effect, while 52% reported a negative effect.

Rheumatoid Arthritis   6.0
Osteoarthritis   5.6
Muscle Pain   4.4
Summary of Salonpas Pain Patch reviews 4.9 87 reviews

Reviews for Salonpas Pain Patch

Raronhia · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “After weeks or months of pain I need more relief found it did nothing for my pain. My lower back pain also triggers restless leg syndrome horrible night!”

Deb · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “Just tried for the first time today. So far pretty good. Using on my knee. Sticking very good and I can already feel some comfort after about 15 minutes on. I’ll be using as much as needed.”

Vicki · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2021

For Muscle Pain: “Personally I used these Salonpas Pain Patch several times and twice I was having terrible pain neither time did they work they are a waste of time and money they do not work and this is from my very own personal experience thank you”

Popolopo January 30, 2021

For Muscle Pain: “I had a bad reaction to the patch. My lips and tongue went numb ,very bad taste in mouth. I got very tired. I do not think I can take it again. I applied it to my hip, no skin reaction.”

Sal · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 20, 2021

For Muscle Pain: “I’ve been using these Salonpas Pain Patch patches for a few years now. I use them for muscle pain, back ache and strains. They really do work if applied correctly to the affected area. Just make sure to apply to any pain area but the key is to apply away from bone. Try to get as much of the muscle, back or any other pain area as possible. Didn’t do much for me near elbow or wrist where there is little muscle but worked wonders on shoulders, upper back, lower back and sciatica region. I usually apply in evening and just sleep with them on for best results. Good luck !!”

Painless · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 18, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “I absolutely love this Salonpas Pain Patch stuff. Need larger boxes.”

PNW Artist · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Have had an X-ray and an MRI in the ost two monthS-physical therapy with ultrasound along with traction but nothing managed the chronic pain I was suffering at night. I was unable to roll onto my right side as the hip pain was so terrible. I tried 1,0000 mg of Gabapentin for two weeks and no change. Along with muscle relaxers and meloxocam. Last night I slapped one of these Salonpas Pain Patch on my hip and was surprised when I woke up at 2:30 on my right side! Best night sleep! Makes me Wonder if I should cancel my spine injections?!!!”

Amy's Mom · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 26, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I have osteoarthritis in my lumbar spine to the point that I cannot stand up some time. The Salonpas patches actually work better than the prescription ones the doctor gave me. I think they're great, but I wish I was sure they would not hurt my kidneys like other topical can.”

Motous · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “There is no doubt that Salonpas patches help relieve pain. I had a Twisted ankle and they work fast and for several hours HOWEVER they do NOT STICK to the skin. Years ago their patches stuck through sweat, showers and daily activity...for weeks if you forgot you had applied one! NOW, they stick until you move. You can't even put a sock over one without it rolling up and falling off. I have the patches attached with bandaids.. Seems wrong”

Andy · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “I bought the 105mg/31.5 medicated plaster. After reading mixed review I decided to take chance as in so much pain. Had neck and shoulder pain for couple years. The plaster stuck well to clean dry skin and after second day I could feel a difference. It says not to wear after 3 days however when you open pack of 5 you need to use them, so I did and I think they are really worth buying. I will definitely keep them in house to use, I also use a hot water bottle directly on pain which gives some comfort. Hope this helps”

believer October 25, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “Salonpas Patches are great and I think they work, and stick perfectly. Perfect for relieving the pain. Thankful for them!”

nick the name · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “Salonpas Pain Patch are hard to apply when you live alone and the pain is on your back. It was a struggle to keep it from folding over on itself and next to impossible to get it in the right place. It is sort of on the area now, wrinkled and I am waiting for something to happen. I probably will return to voltaren”

Sunshine · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 14, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “I used Salonpas patches for muscle pain. I did not receive any relief due to patches not sticking to skin. I washed and dried skin thoroughly. I remember Salonpas patches worked a few years ago and stayed stuck until they were taken off and they relieved the pain. Now, maybe the patch stays stuck on skin approximately 15 minutes and rolls off. No pain relief at all. Waste of time and money. .”

Racquel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 5, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “These adhere very well onto clean, dry skin. Very good after a shower or bath to increase the relaxing effects while your muscles need to heal. Sometimes they’re too strong for me and I take them off early but other days I leave them on until they stop.”

Mdw · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “These are terrible , I thought I would give them another try since it been a couple years, no relief whatsoever. Terrible”

AsianFTM · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “These new Salonpas Pain Patches don't stick very well. The old patches my parents used to purchase decades ago at the Asian market stuck really well. The menthol and smell is the same but the redesign in the patches suck.”

Jimig123 · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “I go this for back pain, and I could not get the patch to stay on. It seemed to help while it was on. But would not stay. I did clean skin before application.”

Birdieputt · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “Nada! These patches are rubbish! They don't stick even if you're not sweating. And if you do keep them on somehow there is no relief. I occasionally get lower back pain and these were recommended by a nurse I know, but NOTHING happens AND they don't stay on! Save your money”

Drivesho March 31, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “I applied the Salonpas Pain Patch to clean and dry skin, and it seems to work if it stayed on. As much as it costs you would think it would stick . It would so much better if they used medical tape then it would stick propertly. Then I would use it much more . Until then I will not buy it again .”

Mike March 21, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “I had a pulled muscle in my upper arm that hurt so bad I could not sleep for 3 days. My wife brought me these Salonpas patches and I tried them. My experience with them is that they work wonders for muscle pain. I had the first patch on all day. Night time rolled around and I replaced the old patch with a new one. Slept like a baby with no pain. The patches stuck on my arm pretty well, and came off easily. They worked for me.”

Kathy March 18, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “20 years ago I fell and broke my foot. They had to remove my heel and they replaced it with a cadaver bone plates and screws. I have a pretty physically active job and I walk every day for exercise. However, living in Texas when the weather changes dramatically in a few hours, or if I'm on vacation and walk a lot it can really get painful. Taking OTC pain relief pills just doesn't work it's really deep bone pain. It can keep me awake at night and makes it painful during the day. Salonpas is amazing. I place it on my heel with a sock to keep it in place. Within an half hour I'm pain free. This stuff is incredible.”

Cam · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 8, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “As a senior, I have the usual aches and pains typical for my age. However I’ve been bothered by significant neck and shoulder pain, possibly caused from an old injury or a lifetime of poor posture. I’ve tried several other topical pain relievers containing lidocaine but Salon Pas has been the most effective. I’ve used the large and regular sized patches and find them equally effective. Although it is clearly recommended not to use multiple patches, I usually use more than one at night since the area is large. This helps me to get a better nights rest and I have had absolutely no side effects. Several reviews state the patches do not adhere well. My experience has been quite the opposite. They remain in place throughout the night.”

Mimi February 22, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “The small patches with methyl salicylate work great! The large patches with lidocaine do nothing, don’t stick, and are pretty much a waste of time and money.”

Jack · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Broke my wrist and it didn't heal quite right. When playing piano my wrist will start to ache. The Salonpas patch relieves the pain in minutes. Very effective.”

Bernie February 13, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Saw this Salonpas Pain patch on an ad TV looked good, then tried them, utter garbage, must be people from the company giving these good reviews, they don’t stick, roll up in a ball, do absolutely nothing for pain. People save your money, they are cheap for a reason. Junk.”