User Reviews for Salonpas Pain Patch to treat Osteoarthritis

Salonpas Pain Patch has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 33 ratings for the treatment of Osteoarthritis. 52% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Salonpas Pain Patch Rating Summary

5.9/10 average rating

Compare all 180 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Salonpas Pain Patch

JZ · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2021

“Have used topical solutions with mixed results. Had purchased Salonpas pain patches some time ago and thought I would try it out for a painful shoulder as the topicals were not working. Amazing result to my surprise. Gained much improved flexibility. Same result 3 times as needed. So far, so good! No issues applying patch and no side effects”

Bernie February 13, 2020

“Saw this Salonpas Pain patch on an ad TV looked good, then tried them, utter garbage, must be people from the company giving these good reviews, they don’t stick, roll up in a ball, do absolutely nothing for pain. People save your money, they are cheap for a reason. Junk.”

MadScot · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2019

“This was total waste of money. Read the Directions for use and application. Opened the package, peeled the plastic film of of the patch. The patch immediately folded over in half and glued itself together. I tried to peel it back apart and it only made it worse. Ended up throwing the patch away. A total waste of my money. Won't buy another one again. I do not have the luxury of having someone help me putting this patch on me. I have to do this myself. Since this needs to go on my lower back and to the side, it is very difficult for me to reach behind me in this awkward twist (too much pain). I tried putting a second one on by only peeling back a small section at a time. Once again, the patch folded over onto itself and no matter what I did, all it wanted to do was fold over onto itself. I won't be buying any more of these patches EVER!!”

Gina · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 24, 2019

“I used these patches since they came out and they stuck and pain was gone in 15 to 20 min as was the odor. I used them all the time for pain in my spine and neck and they always stuck Then they changed from white plastic to skin colored and now they do not stick to your body - clothes yes, bedding yes so you do not get any relief from pain. I called the company and got nothing ”

Kat September 15, 2019

“I made sure my spine was free of clothing and peeled film away and was able to put my patch on myself without a hitch. No problem. I'm now sitting upright on my bed with pillows behind my neck and head. Its tingling a little, but with the pain I had today I could barely cook breakfast and feed the cats. I'm feeling relief now, and I bought these at Dollar store for a pack of 5 for a dollar! Best buck I ever spent. I need to get a shower and now I think I can without pain. I recommend it. Been taking motrin and gabapentin for way too long. I think I found my way out!!!”

Beemoth · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 18, 2019

“I've used these for a number of years with some success. BUT...the most recent design is horrible. The peel-off backing sticks only to itself and is almost impossible to apply to my back where I need it most. I've given up, realize that I wasted $$, and will never buy again.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more July 22, 2019

“I used solonpas patches in the pass before the company made them new and improved, comparing the old with the new ,there are no comparison the old worked and the new do not. If some thing is not broken don't try and fix it, I do not need a product new and improved I need a product that works. Please bring the old solonpas patches back. Thank You! Sincerely, an old solonpas satisfied customer”

First Mate September 8, 2019

“Have used the old version of the patches for years and am rating them a ten. The new "improved" version is flimsy, doesn't stay on, and is more expensive. The large back patch was tried by my husband and also did not stick well. I want the old product back!!!!!”

PNW Artist · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2020

“Have had an X-ray and an MRI in the ost two monthS-physical therapy with ultrasound along with traction but nothing managed the chronic pain I was suffering at night. I was unable to roll onto my right side as the hip pain was so terrible. I tried 1,0000 mg of Gabapentin for two weeks and no change. Along with muscle relaxers and meloxocam. Last night I slapped one of these Salonpas Pain Patch on my hip and was surprised when I woke up at 2:30 on my right side! Best night sleep! Makes me Wonder if I should cancel my spine injections?!!!”

Kathy March 18, 2020

“20 years ago I fell and broke my foot. They had to remove my heel and they replaced it with a cadaver bone plates and screws. I have a pretty physically active job and I walk every day for exercise. However, living in Texas when the weather changes dramatically in a few hours, or if I'm on vacation and walk a lot it can really get painful. Taking OTC pain relief pills just doesn't work it's really deep bone pain. It can keep me awake at night and makes it painful during the day. Salonpas is amazing. I place it on my heel with a sock to keep it in place. Within an half hour I'm pain free. This stuff is incredible.”

Lynn · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2021

“I live with chronic pain due to osteoarthritis. Prescribed gabapentin, using bengay, CBD cream, a TENS device and taking tylenol, nothing helped for more than a couple hours. I dreaded going to bed at night. That was until I tried Salon Pas. Easliy applied the patch to my lower back according to the instructions, slept through the night, woke up rested and feeling soooo much better.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2019

“Maybe I got a pack of the old ones, because that thing took the first layer of skin off when removed. I'm reading the new ones don't stick well, but the one I used didn't want to come off! Not worth it.”

Jessica May 12, 2021

“Since I only recently purchased my first package I do not know what the old was like. I have had so much relief from the latest formula. My sister recommended them and I love them for arthritic back and hips. I only use small patch. I can see how large might be hard to apply without help but I haven't had any trouble at all and they stay on just fine. My stepdaughter recently visited and her knees were hurting. They helped her as well. Don't change a thing. Advise from a new loyal customer.”

Pheonix1 January 24, 2020

“I suffer from osteoarthritis and fell hurting my ribs, I'm on strong pain meds but it still hurt like crazy when I moved or coughed, I tried the Salon pain patch over the area not expecting it to work and the pain reduced so much. I'm not a fan of patches but can honestly say I'm totally impressed.”

what isn't? September 25, 2017

“I have been using these pain patches for several years and they were always very effective. However, since the new patches came out I have not been happy with them. They are still very effective in relieving pain but they will not stick as in the past. They very easily fall off. This was never a problem with the other patches.”

Amy's Mom · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 26, 2020

“I have osteoarthritis in my lumbar spine to the point that I cannot stand up some time. The Salonpas patches actually work better than the prescription ones the doctor gave me. I think they're great, but I wish I was sure they would not hurt my kidneys like other topical can.”

Pained November 27, 2019

“When first trying the pads, it had two patches on each side, they help with the pain but hard to remove. I still use them but now that they switched to one patch they fall off I showered and alcohol the site however they still fell off, I'm not pleased with the new way they come.”

Pamee October 20, 2019

“The old Salonpas were so much better. I would have rated them a ten. Of course, the company had to put only one salon pas per use instead of two to use and they are not as strong and they wrinkle up. They should have just left the products alone, it was great before. I think I’ll switch to something else”

Christine Jull August 27, 2017

“I have tried heat pads, freeze pads, gels tablets and I am really pleased I saw these advertised on the TV I tried them and I had no expectations at all. I was very surprised that they worked on my neck pain my hip pain back pain and have no complaints worth giving a go may not be suitable for everyone but worked for me.”

Judy Lotton June 3, 2017

“I have used salonpas forever and have always been satisfied with it. Now I noticed that you are using a different type of material and I don't feel it works as good. I normally put them on at night on neck and the new ones come off before morning. Old ones stayed on all night. Why did you make a change when what you had was just fine?”

hivale · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 26, 2017

“I used the patch and because I thought it was helping reduce the pain of my tendonitis of my wrists, I continued using it. The pain of neither wrist got worse and my palm hurt and also the fingers. A week ago after using Salonpas pain patch for over three months, my wrists have swollen and the pain is excruciating. I went back too my doctor but because he was not aware that I had used the patch for a long time, he thought the swelling of the wrists were due to rheumatoid arthritis. The swelling is going down gradually. I would like to add here that I am allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen. I read the label only yesterday!”

Barb W May 5, 2017

“These patches have made life bearable and sleep possible. I was suffering from severe pain from arthritis and also ruptured discs. I have been able to function and go about life with the aid of these patches.”

Jack · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2020

“Broke my wrist and it didn't heal quite right. When playing piano my wrist will start to ache. The Salonpas patch relieves the pain in minutes. Very effective.”

Sore knees · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2019

“Don’t help pain at all and don’t even stay on. I’ve put them on at night and they’re off by morning! Waste of money Commercials are just hype, sorry”

Deb · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2021

“Just tried for the first time today. So far pretty good. Using on my knee. Sticking very good and I can already feel some comfort after about 15 minutes on. I’ll be using as much as needed.”

Learn more about Osteoarthritis