User Reviews for Methadone (Page 2)

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 156 reviews 11 medications

8.9
Chronic Pain 87 reviews 111 medications

8.8
Pain 152 reviews 1089 medications

8.5
Summary of Methadone reviews 395 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been on methadone about 2 years. I get terrible sweats and hot cold flashes everyday. I am now waiting to go back into rehab to detox of this drug completely along with anti psychotic quitiapine and anti depressant mirtazapine. I hear they want to put me on venlafaxine when I'm off those other drugs. I'm not sure how I feel about this."

Scottishgirl86 February 22, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Government Hospital treatment but these days its out of stock "

Abdullabfa (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 21, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "After five years of Methadone I am now reducing the doses from three per day to only two per day of Methadone 10 for chronic pain management. At my age I am knowledgeable of the risk for increase memory loss due to the use of Methadone and age, so try and cut back on the risk of memory loss. It is necessary to reduce my dosage as I have indicated, but it brought me the experience of withdrawals issue which were terrible. As I said, finally I am on two per day at 10 mg of Methadone and the effectiveness has been felt and now requires the use of Norco once or twice per day when needed."

Baruch Hashem (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 17, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "My experience with Methadone is both good and bad. The doctor started me on a low dose at first and gradually increased me 8mg every week until I met my dosing level at 150mg. It did wonders for my life while I was on Methadone. The reason that I rated it at 5 was because when I was ready to start weaning off I didn't know how fast they were going to do it and when I had my last dose I had withdraw symptoms worse then the heroin withdrawal symptoms. My recommendation to anyone who wants to get off any kind of opiates just check your self into an intense rehabilitation that will cater to your needs because withdraw is real and it caused me to have a mild stroke at the age of 31. Really the best advice is to never use/abuse opiates."

3rd Leg Greg February 12, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I have been taking methadone for over ten years and it has allowed me to live my life. Although I still have pain, I can manage it most of the time with a topical ointment. I use methadone for pain from osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. I have a rod up my back from the arthritis and terrible pain in my hands, wrists, ankles, feet....It has really made a difference in my day to day living. The big negative is that I know I am addicted and that is a sobering situation. I see a pain specialist monthly and I have every confidence in his ability to prescribe this medication for me for ever if that is what I need."

Purgatorynomas February 11, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I have been on 60mg day methadone tabs for about 5-6 years. As FISHINGIRL says I have had several teeth just dissinegrate. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis diagnosed at the Mayo Clinic. I also had a 20 foot fall off an overpass and landed on my back on the opposing guardrail. 9 ribs broken or fractured in 23 places and one protruding through my back. Methadone has been the only relief I have ever found. Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Morphine and many more could not give me a life like Methadone has. NOW we have our new Texas Governor restricting all these meds. Sent to pain management and after 20 years they cut my methadone script by 90%."

DRDAVEHD (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I was recently admitted to a behavioural health center for clinical depression. I am addicted to prescription pain meds and was given small amounts (.5 mgs twice a day) of Methadone for seven days, and was released with enough for seven more days .Not only did I no longer crave my previous narcotic meds my pain level was the lowest it was in years! I suffer from RA and degenerative arthritis in my back. I've tried several other treatments for my chronic pain including epidurals and a Fentanyl pain pump that went horribly wrong when the catheter came out of my spine 3 times causing an infection that ended with a hole in my back the size of a golf ball that required more surgery. "

Dave in PAIN (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "Saved my life, and when I comment on this page, I'm commenting to people I assume are not self medicating and not illegally using any drugs, but yes a doctor put me on this medicine and it changed my life. I became a self sufficient mother and wife again, I wanted to live again. No more thoughts of suicide because pain controlled my every step, I had tried mild to very strong medications, chiropractors, acupuncture, herbal, dietary, otc medications, everything. Now 80 mgs a day. ...changed my life. My Dr. Moved and the new Dr. will not prescribe it anymore, I've got a few to make it, I'm trying with all my might to find a physician. I'm scared, I'm real scared, I can't go back to the pain, it hurt to bad."

Dawn, Wilburton, Oklahoma January 27, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "It saved my life.. I used for 12 years straight. Never slowed down...till I got sick. Ambulance to hospital and checked out.. Had endocarditis on my heart valves.. Had to have a transplants or die.. Here I am and 5 years later still clean.The Methadone program I'm on saved my life."

Donnlisa January 27, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I was discharged from the U.S. Army for medical reasons. Carrying 100lbs plus of gear a day caused a disk in my thoracic spine to herniate. I was on oxycodone 30mg for 4 years but hated the side effects. To stop taking the oxycodone and still manage pain, I take 55 mg of methadone daily in liquid form. Where I live, opiate addiction is at an all time high so doctors are VERY wary of prescribing any type of opiate. Methadone, however, is an opiate analgesic. I still take oxycodone for breakthrough pain and that's why my methadone dose is relatively low. At higher doses, methadone can act as an opiate blocker so narcotics are ineffective. If you're having trouble getting methadone, go to a local clinic! They aren't just for addicts."

Maryanna157 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been on a methadone for 3 years now and I can honestly say it has saved my life. If there is side effects to it, I haven't seen them or they do not matter because I'm alive rather than dead and I'm fortunate for that, rest is minor in comparison. Everyone is different but the main thing is being alive and free of drugs so that I 'can' have a choice. Thank you methadone for giving me a 2nd chance!!"

savedmylife January 17, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Been on Methadone a year best thing that has happen to me love the way it feels plus it takes away the cravings and withdrawal. don't listen to the haters"

Anonymous January 16, 2016

Dolophine (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm currently 27 years old, and my first opiate I tried and fell in love with was Hydrocodone. I got addicted almost instantly, I was on it for a total of 2.5 years, dosing 100mg daily. Then I got into Oxycodone, from 2 reasons, tolerance and potency, used Oxy for 3 years, using 180mg daily. Then I went on to Diamorphine, using it for 1.5 years. That's 7 total years of heavy Narcotic use. My withdrawal almost killed me from dehydration, stayed in the hospital for 3 days, until I got discharged to go to the Methadone clinic by the RN. My insurance doesn't cover Rehab, so Methadone was my only option. I can say this proudly, that Methadone saved my life. From chasing the pills just to 'feel good' to having a beautiful wife and family."

Benzopiates619 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm a 27 year old male, and I've been on Methadone for 4 years at 80mg for opiate addiction I was using strong Narcotic drugs, including Hydrocodone for 2 years using 100mg daily, Oxycodone for 3 years using 200mg daily, and Diamorphine for 2 years. I went into severe withdrawal that nearly killed me, from dehydration. I got admitted to an ER room within 5 minutes, it was that bad. Stayed at the Hospital from Friday night to Monday morning. Then got discharged to go to a Methadone clinic. I can honestly say Methadone saved my life. Now I have a GREAT job, a beautiful wife, with a beautiful baby boy and a baby girl. Thank you Methadone!"

Oxymethadone (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2016

For Pain: "Was in a wheel chair with severe back issues. Tried all kinds of pain meds including Vicodin and in the long run, I ended up in worse pain. (Rebound). Been taking methadone for 10yrs. Haven't been in a wheel chair since the first month of use. Still have a little pain but it is definitely tolerable. Life has changed for the best ever since."

Meowsy (taken for 10 years or more) January 7, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Awful!!!! Just gave me another thing to get off of. Ended up doing a lot of coke. Though I wasn't in any type of recovery either. My suggestion is anyone that wants to detox from opiates and is afraid to do it cold turkey, use suboxone, but ONLY to detox, don't use it as a maintenance med!! You can do it!!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 31, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was on MM for 6 years at 115mg. I had clean UA's through this time. I was prescribed some Librium by some ER docs due to a bad bloody nose caused by high BP and 3 months of drinking, When the clinic I was going to found out, they dropped my dose immediately to 40 mgs and kicked me off their program 2 weeks later. I had to go to another more expensive clinic and use heroin because of the withdrawal I was feeling. I had to start at 25mgs and increase 5 mgs every 4 days. I am on 40 it is still not working very well for me."

samwitch December 26, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Best pain medication I have been on. Started because it was one of the cheapest and long acting. The only major problem is that it destroyed my teeth. It does not make me feel high just normal, it is however a very difficult medication to stop taking. I would not give up my methadone for any other treatment, especially suboxone."

brooklyn77 (taken for 10 years or more) December 20, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I have been on Methodone one for nearly 13 years to manage chronic pain. I have been on 90mg. daily for approximately the last 3 years. I started at 100mg but after 10 years I had an auto accident and quickly discovered that since my dose was so high and my tolerance was great, almost every other pain med. the E.R. tried didn't work!! I was in the most agonizing pain I had ever felt! No sympathy from the nurses, to them, I "had enough med. on board to kill a horse!" Which was only maddening to me because "I" was the one in extreme agony! Its taking a long time but I definitely decided then that I needed to lower my dose as much as I could slowly, safely. I am still working on that. Three years and only down 1 10mg. pill is discouraging!!"

achybreaky2929 (taken for 10 years or more) December 18, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I broke my back over 15 years ago. I went from Darvocet to morphine. Everything that I tried lasted for short periods of time. Finally after almost ten years I found methadone. I feel that I am no longer trapped inside my body. I feel like I've been given my life back. I'm no longer at risk of damaging my body from the side effects of the previous meds. I take it once daily and it works wonders. I feel like a new person. I finally feel normal again."

Cherylnjerry98 December 16, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I used opiates for 3 years after my son was born. I struggled with everyday life, even making food or changing diapers if I didn't have some sort of opiate first thing in the morning. I was spending most of our money on drugs, and my baby was seeing me sick day after day... (He was ALWAYS taken care of, that was never an issue)... I finally had enough of trying to scheme doctors into giving me painkillers... I was sick of hard earned money going up my nose... I was an addict and I needed to just admit it already!! I found a methadone clinic very close to my home and made the appointment January 2015. I am almost a yr clean and happier than ever! I work everyday and take care of my family with no problem! Methadone saved my life, no doubt!!"

HappyHealthyAndClean (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Life-saving!"

SamHKz (taken for 10 years or more) December 12, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Really helpful for chronic back and neck pain. Also really helpful for neuropathy pain. Makes it a bit harder to think. But I was taken off it cold turkey after a doctor switch. The withdrawals; I was on a low dose, were really bad. Hot flashes and restless leg were prominent for a couple of weeks. Iron supplements helped the restless leg syndrome a lot. Don't know why methadone caused it. Because of the withdrawal and the dulled thinking, I would hesitate to use this drug again, but I do miss it's helpfulness for pain."

Ivory dream (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I have dealt with chronic back issues for 10 years now. I rode professional rodeo for 14 years riding bulls my body literally Took a beating. I have always been in construction as a trade 15 years ago I started my own business as a GC I fell 20 feet off of the ladder injuring my neck and back on top of already having back problems I've been on every pain medicine you could imagine with no results until I started taking methadone I take 80mg/ Day. I currently am in between doctors and slowly trying to wean myself off until I can get in somewhere to get back on my meds however this is very difficult I'm finding. "

Anonymous December 7, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was on 120 mg of methadone for 3 years. I was on 6mg of clonazeapan for 4 years. I also was eating the cocktail everyday for years, which includes promethazine,clonadine and any benzo. I was arrested and kicked all these drugs in a 11'8 cell. I was so sick, you have to go through it to know. I've been clean for 6 months, the only way to kick that habit is jail, best thing that ever happened to me."

ryanbaker143469 November 28, 2015