User Reviews for Methadone (Page 2)

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 161 reviews 11 medications

8.9
Chronic Pain 89 reviews 111 medications

8.8
Pain 156 reviews 1092 medications

8.5
Summary of Methadone reviews 406 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

For Chronic Pain: "I was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 20, I stopped school and went through many years of chemotherapy. For bone and nerve pain I found methadone to be the best drug for daily use. It does help particularly with nerve pain. However since its long half life and milder symptoms compared to other opiates it was easy for me to develop the drug into a daily routine. 8 years later I am still taking methadone 3x a day everyday... Not so much for pain but because of the horrible withdrawals (which can last for months) i experience if I miss a dose. I am now trapped in an addiction I never wanted, before considering methadone for long term use please research methadone addiction. Its considered by many to be one of the hardest drugs to kick."

Anonymous April 4, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "10 years ago I went into septic shock after a minor procedure on my knee. The infection was so bad and traveled up and down my leg that a very extensive debridement was done. My leg was saved, however, I was left with horrible neurological pain, bone pain and muscle pain. After 2 years of percocet (3 -10 mg/day) which did nothing except to leave me on my bed watching the clock till I could take the next one. Finally my Dr. Convinced me to give long lasting methadone a chance. It saved my life. I was on 60-70 mg a day. Over the past 8 years I have titrated back to 10 mg per day which has been way too much. I need 20-30 mg a day to be at a comfortable level of pain. For me methadone is the best pain relief without out feeling drugged at all."

Aylascott April 2, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "After getting shot in my lower back, my back got torn apart. It took 7 surgeries, and the pain is unexplainable. It's not 10/10 pain, It's more like 20/10 pain. My PM doctor put me on Methadone 10mg 4x daily, and Oxycodone 30mg 6x daily. Those are 2 of the strongest Pain meds out there. Now my pain level is about a 5/10. Big improvement. The Methadone helps A LOT. I was first put on Fentanyl 50mcg patch along with the Oxy, my pain then was 8/10.. still too much pain. After getting switched to Methadone with the Oxy.. huge difference. Methadone is the best Painkiller I've ever tried. TY Methadone."

Mdone10sOxy30s (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 1, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I have not been on Methadone for a great amount of time but i have been on it long enough to find that the pain free result IS NOT worth the life ruining effects its having on me. I have NO life because of this drug. It makes me so tired, lethargic and just useless!! I can't work anymore, I can't maintain most social relationships anymore, and I am so isolated and lonely now which is having serious deteriorating effects on my mental health condition!!! I have never hated another drug more than this one. I know that for some ppl... it has changed their lives for the better and I'm really happy for these ppl!! I just think that people need to know that there is a real nasty side to methadone too for some of us. Cheers."

cjhawkes03 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2016

For Pain: "I have chronic pancreatitis, gastroparesis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease since 2007 I have been on everything u can imagine. I have had a pain pump via morphine and buvipicane my quality of life was horrible wanted to die everyday. My family Dr recently switched me to methadone and lyrica plus my pain pump I finally have my life back!! To anyone out there in a living hell, it's sure worth a try!!!"

kim 1976 March 24, 2016

Dolophine (methadone) for Pain: "I had tried many, if not Every pain med known to man. Hardware in my neck du to osteomyelitis. Excruciating nerve pain & damage due to Diabetes and Venous Insufficiency, COPD, Etc....Etc... Like I mentioned I've tried everything and the Methadone seemed to Help without the side effects. I was on over 100 mgs for quite a while which is why anything I tried for break-through pain was blocked by the methadone. I had spoken to my pain specialist about it and I am taking a giant southbound leap to half of what I've been taking for 2-weeks and see what happens and yes, I am "TERRIFIED". Wish me luck and I let you know about me endeavors Thanx B.T."

B.T. March 24, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "Long story short: I have chronic, debilitating pain as a result of Degenerative Disc Disease. I am currently taking 80 mg./day of Methadone, 20 mg. every six hours. Much of the time I take less. Up until the end of December, I was taking Morphine ER, 200 mg./day with 15 mg. immediate release Morphine for breakthrough pain. Unfortunately, my Rx drug plan (and every other I checked) has stopped paying for extended release Morphine as a result of the exhorbinate cost. Not being wealthy, I had to switch to Methadone. Now the fatigue is ruining my life. I'll have to hope for an alternative. Methadone does work on the pain, but the fatigue is just too much."

Alioh (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2016

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone saved my life. It's that simple to say. Not to mention, Methadone Diskets is BY FAR the best form of Methadone, made by Roxanne Pharmacuticals pill imprint 54 883. I was a heavy Narcotics user for just about 10 years. Hydrocodone for 2 years, 100mg daily, Oxycodone for 4 years, 160mg daily, Heroin for 2 years, 1g daily. I hit rock bottom and my withdrawal nearly killed me from dehydration. Got sent to the ER, then from there got sent to a Methadone clinic. Ever since I got on Methadone, I feel like a normal person again. Great job, the most amazing and beautiful wife, and the most amazing and beautiful baby boy and baby girl. Thank you Methadone for giving me my life back!"

Methadone40mgWAFERS (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 2, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been using opiates since I was 22 I will be 27 this year and I need to QUIT its affecting my daily life,my relationship,and my pockets!! I started on hydrocodone about 30 mg a day now I'm at percocet/roxy at least 50-60 mg a day. A friend of mine gave me methadones to see how it works for me I'm not sure if methadone is whats BEST but I woke up sick this morning(stomach cramps,anxiety,sweats) took a methadone and 30 mins later i felt better. I'm not sure if it will help me not crave the high but I sure hope so. Goodluck to everyone we can do this!!"

Concerned addict (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I used prescription drugs for over 10 years, I finally self admitted myself into a methadone clinic.. It has saved me, and hurt me.. I have to go to clinic daily (20miles round trip). I want to be free of all opiates, but scared of the withdrawal.. This clinic is government run and very hard to get things done."

Admitted Addict (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Without Methadone, I wouldn't be here typing this. It literally saved my life. I was a heavy Narcotic user for over 10 years, my withdrawal nearly killed me from Dehydration. I got admitted to a Methadone program after being discharged from the Hospital. Ever since, My life changed around, for the best. I don't have to worry about getting sick anymore, thanks to Methadone. I've tried both versions, Liquid and pills, pills are MUCH BETTER."

54 142 Methadone 10mg tabs (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 23, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been on methadone about 2 years. I get terrible sweats and hot cold flashes everyday. I am now waiting to go back into rehab to detox of this drug completely along with anti psychotic quitiapine and anti depressant mirtazapine. I hear they want to put me on venlafaxine when I'm off those other drugs. I'm not sure how I feel about this."

Scottishgirl86 February 22, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Government Hospital treatment but these days its out of stock "

Abdullabfa (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 21, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "After five years of Methadone I am now reducing the doses from three per day to only two per day of Methadone 10 for chronic pain management. At my age I am knowledgeable of the risk for increase memory loss due to the use of Methadone and age, so try and cut back on the risk of memory loss. It is necessary to reduce my dosage as I have indicated, but it brought me the experience of withdrawals issue which were terrible. As I said, finally I am on two per day at 10 mg of Methadone and the effectiveness has been felt and now requires the use of Norco once or twice per day when needed."

Baruch Hashem (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 17, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "My experience with Methadone is both good and bad. The doctor started me on a low dose at first and gradually increased me 8mg every week until I met my dosing level at 150mg. It did wonders for my life while I was on Methadone. The reason that I rated it at 5 was because when I was ready to start weaning off I didn't know how fast they were going to do it and when I had my last dose I had withdraw symptoms worse then the heroin withdrawal symptoms. My recommendation to anyone who wants to get off any kind of opiates just check your self into an intense rehabilitation that will cater to your needs because withdraw is real and it caused me to have a mild stroke at the age of 31. Really the best advice is to never use/abuse opiates."

3rd Leg Greg February 12, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I have been taking methadone for over ten years and it has allowed me to live my life. Although I still have pain, I can manage it most of the time with a topical ointment. I use methadone for pain from osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. I have a rod up my back from the arthritis and terrible pain in my hands, wrists, ankles, feet....It has really made a difference in my day to day living. The big negative is that I know I am addicted and that is a sobering situation. I see a pain specialist monthly and I have every confidence in his ability to prescribe this medication for me for ever if that is what I need."

Purgatorynomas February 11, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I have been on 60mg day methadone tabs for about 5-6 years. As FISHINGIRL says I have had several teeth just dissinegrate. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis diagnosed at the Mayo Clinic. I also had a 20 foot fall off an overpass and landed on my back on the opposing guardrail. 9 ribs broken or fractured in 23 places and one protruding through my back. Methadone has been the only relief I have ever found. Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Morphine and many more could not give me a life like Methadone has. NOW we have our new Texas Governor restricting all these meds. Sent to pain management and after 20 years they cut my methadone script by 90%."

DRDAVEHD (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I was recently admitted to a behavioural health center for clinical depression. I am addicted to prescription pain meds and was given small amounts (.5 mgs twice a day) of Methadone for seven days, and was released with enough for seven more days .Not only did I no longer crave my previous narcotic meds my pain level was the lowest it was in years! I suffer from RA and degenerative arthritis in my back. I've tried several other treatments for my chronic pain including epidurals and a Fentanyl pain pump that went horribly wrong when the catheter came out of my spine 3 times causing an infection that ended with a hole in my back the size of a golf ball that required more surgery. "

Dave in PAIN (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "Saved my life, and when I comment on this page, I'm commenting to people I assume are not self medicating and not illegally using any drugs, but yes a doctor put me on this medicine and it changed my life. I became a self sufficient mother and wife again, I wanted to live again. No more thoughts of suicide because pain controlled my every step, I had tried mild to very strong medications, chiropractors, acupuncture, herbal, dietary, otc medications, everything. Now 80 mgs a day. ...changed my life. My Dr. Moved and the new Dr. will not prescribe it anymore, I've got a few to make it, I'm trying with all my might to find a physician. I'm scared, I'm real scared, I can't go back to the pain, it hurt to bad."

Dawn, Wilburton, Oklahoma January 27, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "It saved my life.. I used for 12 years straight. Never slowed down...till I got sick. Ambulance to hospital and checked out.. Had endocarditis on my heart valves.. Had to have a transplants or die.. Here I am and 5 years later still clean.The Methadone program I'm on saved my life."

Donnlisa January 27, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I was discharged from the U.S. Army for medical reasons. Carrying 100lbs plus of gear a day caused a disk in my thoracic spine to herniate. I was on oxycodone 30mg for 4 years but hated the side effects. To stop taking the oxycodone and still manage pain, I take 55 mg of methadone daily in liquid form. Where I live, opiate addiction is at an all time high so doctors are VERY wary of prescribing any type of opiate. Methadone, however, is an opiate analgesic. I still take oxycodone for breakthrough pain and that's why my methadone dose is relatively low. At higher doses, methadone can act as an opiate blocker so narcotics are ineffective. If you're having trouble getting methadone, go to a local clinic! They aren't just for addicts."

Maryanna157 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been on a methadone for 3 years now and I can honestly say it has saved my life. If there is side effects to it, I haven't seen them or they do not matter because I'm alive rather than dead and I'm fortunate for that, rest is minor in comparison. Everyone is different but the main thing is being alive and free of drugs so that I 'can' have a choice. Thank you methadone for giving me a 2nd chance!!"

savedmylife January 17, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Been on Methadone a year best thing that has happen to me love the way it feels plus it takes away the cravings and withdrawal. don't listen to the haters"

Anonymous January 16, 2016

Dolophine (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm currently 27 years old, and my first opiate I tried and fell in love with was Hydrocodone. I got addicted almost instantly, I was on it for a total of 2.5 years, dosing 100mg daily. Then I got into Oxycodone, from 2 reasons, tolerance and potency, used Oxy for 3 years, using 180mg daily. Then I went on to Diamorphine, using it for 1.5 years. That's 7 total years of heavy Narcotic use. My withdrawal almost killed me from dehydration, stayed in the hospital for 3 days, until I got discharged to go to the Methadone clinic by the RN. My insurance doesn't cover Rehab, so Methadone was my only option. I can say this proudly, that Methadone saved my life. From chasing the pills just to 'feel good' to having a beautiful wife and family."

Benzopiates619 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm a 27 year old male, and I've been on Methadone for 4 years at 80mg for opiate addiction I was using strong Narcotic drugs, including Hydrocodone for 2 years using 100mg daily, Oxycodone for 3 years using 200mg daily, and Diamorphine for 2 years. I went into severe withdrawal that nearly killed me, from dehydration. I got admitted to an ER room within 5 minutes, it was that bad. Stayed at the Hospital from Friday night to Monday morning. Then got discharged to go to a Methadone clinic. I can honestly say Methadone saved my life. Now I have a GREAT job, a beautiful wife, with a beautiful baby boy and a baby girl. Thank you Methadone!"

Oxymethadone (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2016