User Reviews for Methadone (Page 2)

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 169 reviews 11 medications

8.9
Chronic Pain 91 reviews 111 medications

8.8
Pain 156 reviews 1094 medications

8.5
Summary of Methadone reviews 416 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

For Pain: "I have been on methadone for the last 5 years now and actually have a life beyond the usual opiate daze!I have a pretty high dose of 190 ml per day but have had a few times when I had blood clots that I needed something added to it for a few weeks, usually oxycodone, this helps but the beauty of it is I don't get the typical "high" one would get from it because of the methadone, but I do get the benefit of the pain management from it!Methadone saved my marriage and my life! I encourage anyone who has been on opioids and is having difficulty functioning their day to day life to give it a try.I know only certain Dr are aloud to prescribe this medication but there are always methadone clinics they're very knowledgeable about this! Good luck!"

Dezil36 July 3, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone is most likely one of the longest lasting opiates. For this reason it builds in your system and is actually more addicting both physically and mentally than Heroin or any other known opiate. It can take months to get to your desired dose, but it also takes months to get off of, and the biggest challenge is going from 5mg to nothing. It also rots your teeth!"

Foxtrotz (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 24, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "Over half of my life has been spent in chronic pain. I had 2disks fused and a pinched nerve fixed 20yrs ago. I've had a pain pump and been put on everything you can imagine. I can promise you guys something,nothing is good as methadone to help pain,imo. I've been on it for 16yrs now.it is hard to get used to tho.you will get very drowsy in the beginning. I can tell you it's hard to perform a number 2 in the bathroom also. I would recommend stool softeners if you take methadone for that. I got caught in btwn dr.s once and the withdrawal is hellish.no joking on that. Ive seen heroin addicts say it was worse. I thank God and my dr. I get to take my lyrica and methadone for my pain."

T.n.t. (taken for 10 years or more) June 9, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I decided to go into pain management because my pain was to the point that I couldn't even go to the grocery store anymore. Walking was too painful. After about 3 years of oxycontin, my doctor put me on methadone. The initial reason was because of the high cost of oxycontin. Methadone was MUCH cheaper and as I soon found out, MUCH better. I began to feel normal again. No more highs and lows. It is very difficult to get off of. Because of government regulation changes, I had to experience that. I'm now on 240 mg morphine a day plus oxycodone. It doesn't compare to methadone. If the government had to live with the pain alot of is are in, they would gladly approve methadone and encourage doctors to do what they went to medical school for."

va mom 01 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 15, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm a mother of a patient and I'm researching the effects of the use of the drug methadone as my daughter is getting the highest dosage allowed at the clinic on upscale area of Southwest Ohio. I drive a semi truck to support us. This drug seems to be making our relationship worse than I thought would be possible. I'm seeing an overall moody irritable overreacting person who doesn't want to make time for me when I get back from driving over the road for weeks at a time. My job affords us the most expensive place we have ever lived. A nice car and plenty of food for both of us. I pray my daughter can be set free from the cycles of use and abuse of anything, but I don't think this medicine is the answer. Severe constipation throws a lot of toxins into the body."

Mom in Prayer (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "Due to a broken back & spinal fusion at age 14, I've developed arthritis, deg. disc disease & spinal stenosis. The intense pain started in my 20's & I was on all sorts of narcotics. I became addicted physically & mentally and eventually the Dr. stopped giving me Meds, which brought me to seeking out street drugs. After many detoxes & going home in terrible, debilitating pain, I got onto Methadone. This med has helped tremendously with my pain so I could actually function & work, as well as refrain from any other narcotics. My back has worsened over the years & I now have Lupus as well. I take 35mg. morning & night, which has been giving me lasting pain relief all these years & I haven't had to increase my dose."

Petunia24 May 13, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "After spending 6 yrs in the army and a misdiagnosis of crohns disease I had reached the point of ready to quit. I thought that I had permanently ruined my body and that something was wrong with me and I had to have pain medication just to live. I was eventually diagnosed with fibro, degenerative joint disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, PTSD and a couple other things. I had enough and went to the local methadone clinic and told this long story about what a junkie I was and how I couldn't go two hrs without doing drugs! They fell for it and started dosing me and I haven't felt this great in years!!! I have my life back! I'm currently off all medications, only taking methadone vitamin D and b12 and my mental health is better as well!"

Asa's mommie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "In 93, I found a wonderful doctor who prescribed me Methadone for my chronic pain. It really saved my life, I was a good Mom, worked full time and enjoyed activities. After 10yrs my doc retired from his family practice but continued his other practice- Methadone Clinic for addicts. Doc explained that because of our wonderful government, it was much more profitable to continue his Methadone Clinic. I am now back on narcotics rollercoaster and it's killing me, Health: gastric bypass, fibromyalgia, PTSS, Spondelylothis, DDD, spinal stenosis, IBS, MDD, herniated discs etc. Doc explained that because it builds up in system it then gives a steady pain relief. Methadone is cheap, our government makes a lot of money off of oxy and all the others"

DawnMurphyJak May 8, 2016

Dolophine (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "From 1989-1984 was A very heavy herion addict. I got into a methadone program. This is important I was started on 80mg went up 150mg. For a few months then ended up in mental health hospital was hallucinating not sleeping for two weeks. The private clinic I was going had a dispensing nurse stealing my dose. The police came to take me home I was so parinoid I was checked for coke and meth and methadone. NOTHING in my system. Not even methadone. My current Doctor saved my life. Came to mental Heath started me on 80mgs. Was out after a week. 20 years it has saved my life. I'm 60 in May 2016 have a 20 year old daughter she NO withdrawal at birth. Normal for over 20 years."

Linmari (taken for 10 years or more) April 25, 2016

For Pain: "I've been on and off methadone for years for what started as pain from 4 ruptured vertebrae..and my addiction to opioids after that..I'm only going to share briefly about getting off methadone or reducing your dosage.I saw a comment by someone here on 100 mls and looking to cut it in half so they can take other medication that isn't blocked by the methadone. Go slowly if you don't want to go into severe withdrawal. Taper from 100 by 10 mls every week.don't go faster than that.feel free to stay longer than weekly here and there if you start feeling bad.or takes about a week to fully start feeling bad from the time you reduced.once you hit around 30 mls you've reached the typical therapeutic dose and MUST GO SLOWER BEYOND THERE."

Laravonrinpoche April 9, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 20, I stopped school and went through many years of chemotherapy. For bone and nerve pain I found methadone to be the best drug for daily use. It does help particularly with nerve pain. However since its long half life and milder symptoms compared to other opiates it was easy for me to develop the drug into a daily routine. 8 years later I am still taking methadone 3x a day everyday... Not so much for pain but because of the horrible withdrawals (which can last for months) i experience if I miss a dose. I am now trapped in an addiction I never wanted, before considering methadone for long term use please research methadone addiction. Its considered by many to be one of the hardest drugs to kick."

Anonymous April 4, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "10 years ago I went into septic shock after a minor procedure on my knee. The infection was so bad and traveled up and down my leg that a very extensive debridement was done. My leg was saved, however, I was left with horrible neurological pain, bone pain and muscle pain. After 2 years of percocet (3 -10 mg/day) which did nothing except to leave me on my bed watching the clock till I could take the next one. Finally my Dr. Convinced me to give long lasting methadone a chance. It saved my life. I was on 60-70 mg a day. Over the past 8 years I have titrated back to 10 mg per day which has been way too much. I need 20-30 mg a day to be at a comfortable level of pain. For me methadone is the best pain relief without out feeling drugged at all."

Aylascott April 2, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "After getting shot in my lower back, my back got torn apart. It took 7 surgeries, and the pain is unexplainable. It's not 10/10 pain, It's more like 20/10 pain. My PM doctor put me on Methadone 10mg 4x daily, and Oxycodone 30mg 6x daily. Those are 2 of the strongest Pain meds out there. Now my pain level is about a 5/10. Big improvement. The Methadone helps A LOT. I was first put on Fentanyl 50mcg patch along with the Oxy, my pain then was 8/10.. still too much pain. After getting switched to Methadone with the Oxy.. huge difference. Methadone is the best Painkiller I've ever tried. TY Methadone."

Mdone10sOxy30s (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 1, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I have not been on Methadone for a great amount of time but i have been on it long enough to find that the pain free result IS NOT worth the life ruining effects its having on me. I have NO life because of this drug. It makes me so tired, lethargic and just useless!! I can't work anymore, I can't maintain most social relationships anymore, and I am so isolated and lonely now which is having serious deteriorating effects on my mental health condition!!! I have never hated another drug more than this one. I know that for some ppl... it has changed their lives for the better and I'm really happy for these ppl!! I just think that people need to know that there is a real nasty side to methadone too for some of us. Cheers."

cjhawkes03 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2016

For Pain: "I have chronic pancreatitis, gastroparesis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease since 2007 I have been on everything u can imagine. I have had a pain pump via morphine and buvipicane my quality of life was horrible wanted to die everyday. My family Dr recently switched me to methadone and lyrica plus my pain pump I finally have my life back!! To anyone out there in a living hell, it's sure worth a try!!!"

kim 1976 March 24, 2016

Dolophine (methadone) for Pain: "I had tried many, if not Every pain med known to man. Hardware in my neck du to osteomyelitis. Excruciating nerve pain & damage due to Diabetes and Venous Insufficiency, COPD, Etc....Etc... Like I mentioned I've tried everything and the Methadone seemed to Help without the side effects. I was on over 100 mgs for quite a while which is why anything I tried for break-through pain was blocked by the methadone. I had spoken to my pain specialist about it and I am taking a giant southbound leap to half of what I've been taking for 2-weeks and see what happens and yes, I am "TERRIFIED". Wish me luck and I let you know about me endeavors Thanx B.T."

B.T. March 24, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "Long story short: I have chronic, debilitating pain as a result of Degenerative Disc Disease. I am currently taking 80 mg./day of Methadone, 20 mg. every six hours. Much of the time I take less. Up until the end of December, I was taking Morphine ER, 200 mg./day with 15 mg. immediate release Morphine for breakthrough pain. Unfortunately, my Rx drug plan (and every other I checked) has stopped paying for extended release Morphine as a result of the exhorbinate cost. Not being wealthy, I had to switch to Methadone. Now the fatigue is ruining my life. I'll have to hope for an alternative. Methadone does work on the pain, but the fatigue is just too much."

Alioh (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2016

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone saved my life. It's that simple to say. Not to mention, Methadone Diskets is BY FAR the best form of Methadone, made by Roxanne Pharmacuticals pill imprint 54 883. I was a heavy Narcotics user for just about 10 years. Hydrocodone for 2 years, 100mg daily, Oxycodone for 4 years, 160mg daily, Heroin for 2 years, 1g daily. I hit rock bottom and my withdrawal nearly killed me from dehydration. Got sent to the ER, then from there got sent to a Methadone clinic. Ever since I got on Methadone, I feel like a normal person again. Great job, the most amazing and beautiful wife, and the most amazing and beautiful baby boy and baby girl. Thank you Methadone for giving me my life back!"

Methadone40mgWAFERS (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 2, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been using opiates since I was 22 I will be 27 this year and I need to QUIT its affecting my daily life,my relationship,and my pockets!! I started on hydrocodone about 30 mg a day now I'm at percocet/roxy at least 50-60 mg a day. A friend of mine gave me methadones to see how it works for me I'm not sure if methadone is whats BEST but I woke up sick this morning(stomach cramps,anxiety,sweats) took a methadone and 30 mins later i felt better. I'm not sure if it will help me not crave the high but I sure hope so. Goodluck to everyone we can do this!!"

Concerned addict (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I used prescription drugs for over 10 years, I finally self admitted myself into a methadone clinic.. It has saved me, and hurt me.. I have to go to clinic daily (20miles round trip). I want to be free of all opiates, but scared of the withdrawal.. This clinic is government run and very hard to get things done."

Admitted Addict (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Without Methadone, I wouldn't be here typing this. It literally saved my life. I was a heavy Narcotic user for over 10 years, my withdrawal nearly killed me from Dehydration. I got admitted to a Methadone program after being discharged from the Hospital. Ever since, My life changed around, for the best. I don't have to worry about getting sick anymore, thanks to Methadone. I've tried both versions, Liquid and pills, pills are MUCH BETTER."

54 142 Methadone 10mg tabs (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 23, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been on methadone about 2 years. I get terrible sweats and hot cold flashes everyday. I am now waiting to go back into rehab to detox of this drug completely along with anti psychotic quitiapine and anti depressant mirtazapine. I hear they want to put me on venlafaxine when I'm off those other drugs. I'm not sure how I feel about this."

Scottishgirl86 February 22, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Government Hospital treatment but these days its out of stock "

Abdullabfa (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 21, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "After five years of Methadone I am now reducing the doses from three per day to only two per day of Methadone 10 for chronic pain management. At my age I am knowledgeable of the risk for increase memory loss due to the use of Methadone and age, so try and cut back on the risk of memory loss. It is necessary to reduce my dosage as I have indicated, but it brought me the experience of withdrawals issue which were terrible. As I said, finally I am on two per day at 10 mg of Methadone and the effectiveness has been felt and now requires the use of Norco once or twice per day when needed."

Baruch Hashem (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 17, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "My experience with Methadone is both good and bad. The doctor started me on a low dose at first and gradually increased me 8mg every week until I met my dosing level at 150mg. It did wonders for my life while I was on Methadone. The reason that I rated it at 5 was because when I was ready to start weaning off I didn't know how fast they were going to do it and when I had my last dose I had withdraw symptoms worse then the heroin withdrawal symptoms. My recommendation to anyone who wants to get off any kind of opiates just check your self into an intense rehabilitation that will cater to your needs because withdraw is real and it caused me to have a mild stroke at the age of 31. Really the best advice is to never use/abuse opiates."

3rd Leg Greg February 12, 2016