User Reviews for Methadone (Page 2)

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal
8.9

Chronic Pain
8.8

Pain
8.5

Summary of Methadone reviews 8.7 454 reviews

Reviews for Methadone

For Chronic Pain: "Extremely effective. But now a major inconvenience and expense as have to have a doctor visit monthly to obtain prescription"

Gamermama (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I had a very severe electrical accident and got locked up to 480 for minutes from what I told. I don't remember much about it. about three years ago. I have had skin grafting to several parts of my body, surgery on both hips, it fried my nerves completely and have migraine or headaches everyday. I have tried all the the pain meds...I mean all. Eventually I was sent to a pain management clinic where my Dr wanted to immediately put me on methadone. It shocked me that he automatically went to methadone and I only thought that it was for the heroine withdrawal and I was against it 100%. We tried several meds before having to revisit going on methadone. Come to find out it total saved my life!! If your in chronic pain try it YOU WILL BE SURPRISED"

Browens80 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone save my life I keep money in my pocket and have not missed a day of work since on methadone"

Lenny5.0 February 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "It's a terrible drug. It has done so much damage to my body, physically, mentally, emotionally, it's disturbing. If anyone reads this, and is deciding whether or not to go onto Methadone, don't do it. You're better off doing heroin, Oxycontin, morphine, seriously! I am at 60mg now but was at 30mg 2 months ago and felt worse than I did going through heroin withdrawal. I'm well addicted to the methadone, but I'm trying so hard to get off it, but having mental health problems makes 1000000x worse. Do not get on methadone, suboxone or any opioid replacement drug they destroy you more than anything else does."

Anon31375 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I suffered chronic pain for years. Every opiate I took caused me to abuse them. Until I found methadone for my pain. I take 20-30 mg daily with meloxicam and eat very well and I am able to work, function and live life like a normal human being. I believe doctors don't like to write this medicine for pain because it is not as costly as the others and also they don't receive kickback from prescribing a 20 dollar a month medication. It costs 20 bucks for 120 pills and for perc 10s it cost 200- 300. Just sad how the government and some doctors will work."

Magdolania (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "It has worked amazingly for me, but if you have to go More than 48 hours without it then be ready to go through the 7th circle of hell cause it's 100 times worse than pill or heroin withdrawal"

RocketG January 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Never lost any teeth, been on methadone on and off since I was 20 am now 37. I was a IV drug user and had a problem smoking crack. I believe it is a myth that your teeth fall out. I have been clean now 6 years nothing helped me, but the methadone. The key to being clean is you just have to be sick and tired of running after I been homeless,they took my kids - I just got sick of it . I am currently been on the same dose for years , been clean of all drugs, and have my children back. Methadone also helps me with my pain I experience due to 2 back surgeries. It saved my life and my family!"

MaryT.1212 January 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Is there anyone out there that methadone has caused you to lose your teeth after taking it for a long time? "

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I am a 39 year old female who has been taking 120 mg of methadone daily to help with opiate addiction. I was addicted to opiates for 8 years after having several different surgeries over a 5 year span. My addiction took over my life I was doing things I'd never otherwise have done to support my habit eventually losing custody of my son which was my breaking point. I found a local methadone clinic and it saved my life and I got custody of my son back within the first two months of starting methadone treatment. The downside is the 80 lbs I've gained and the loss of several teeth but honestly that's a small price to pay to be off the horrible rollercoaster ride that drug addiction becomes. I thank God every day for this second Chance at life."

LumbeeLissa (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I Am 59. @ 19 years ago; I began to experience abdominal pain almost daily. I managed to live and work through it. I am a house painter so I was cut out of a "tougher"mold. Those of you who've worked w/your hands; know. But the pain got worse. 3 years of constant;sometimes suicidal pain I was found to have a rare blood disease.Chronic intractable pain. After swimming in prescribed opiates for a few years;my tolerance was through the roof & the pain remained. I needed the meds just to function & I always ran out too soon. I had to get off that crap! It was a war; but I survived & so did the pain.Square1.... Even worse b/c now I can't get anyone to write mess 4 me! But I needed them; so I became a 50yr old criminal; homeless, jails.."

BB10/4 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dolophine (methadone) for Pain: "This Medication gave me my life back , after being on most every type of other opioid medication and I mean everyONE. I have many minor/Major health problems related to chronic pain, neuropathy and arthritis, barely able to walk, within three months of intense Physical Therapy and 30mg Q12hrs (once morning , once before bed) , I have been able to work, walk with a limp but w/o a cane, no ups and downs like the Fentanyl Patches I had Rx'd for a year, Roxycodone, hydromorphone, oxymorphone IR and ER, and many more opioids, that seemed to give the euphoria that of course most people would become either physicaly dependent or develop an addiction disorder which I suffered from both . After I spoke with my Dr. I was able to get on Methadone."

Life Saver, for Pain Condition (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "It's helped me from my dependence and it really works well to stave off withdrawal. The negatives outweigh the positives for me. This drug has caused me to gain a lot of weight mostly from fluid retention. It's very hard to come off you have to taper very slowly like a mg a week or you'll feel like crap. If you don't have insurance you have to pay $400 a month where I live this is going to a methadone clinic. This drug also cuts off your sex drive I used to be a very sexual person now I have little to no desire for sex anymore. If you're on a high dose on most days you'll feel out of it and very sleepy so it's important that you tell your doctor/nurse the truth about your dose you don't want to be on too high nor too low of a dose."

Christmith (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been on methadone wafers 230mgs for ten years it helps me keep a normal life of not doctor hopping and taking 30 plus 10mg hydrocodone a day yet the thought of coming off the high dose scares me to death and I am a strong person cancer survivor and brittal diabetic and with this economy the thought of job loss or having to come off the large dose stays with me daily god willing I can stay on it"

LJST December 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I was recently switched from 50 mcg of the Fentanyl patch ( changed every 72 hours) to Methadone 10mg. tablets 3times daily for chronic pain. I was allowed to keep my Percocet, 10/325 up to 5 a day, for breakthrough. I did not want to switch off the Fentanyl patches, but I was told that even if it worked and provided no side effects the CDC said that I don't have cancer. So I could take 50 migrans of Fentanyl with no break through meds or I could switch to Methadone. I have tried over 100 medications of all kinds and Fentanyl was the first to allow a life worth living. So far the Methadone has been amazing! The downsides are; extreme constipation, some wheezing, and some Thanksgiving weight. I follow up in 2 days. Keep your fingers crossed"

Angelier November 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I have been on 50mg Methadone oral liquid for 4 years and it does nothing at all for pain... I was on Morphine sulfate 10mg for 3 years and was taking 30mg a day after 2 years.. My doctor died in a plane and I was taken off Morphine and suffered the worse 8 days of my life. No one can explain just how bad withdrawals can be unless you have been through them. Horrible.. I was placed on Methadone because I was coming off Morphine. This medication does nothing for pain I have lost testosterone I cant work I have to go to a drug store every day to dose. I have put on weight I feel like crap lazy and tired. I have come down to 35mg but the thought of the withdrawals worries you. Its a long sickness to get off this rubbish. Hate it bad"

peterredd (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been in and out of methadone treatment for the past 4 years but I can say it does work if you taper slowly and try not to go to high in dose. I have successfully taper from 80 mgs down to 2 mgs and was able to stop withdrawal free so tapering does work. The important thing is to not start using again when u get to lower doses because u will get high again and you will relapse at high doses methadone blocks other opiates so you wony get high and there is no point but as you get lower you will be able to get high so just don't use and you will be withdrawal free ."

Jtaylor1234 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Ive been drug sick since last Wednesday. The hospital did nothing for me and scoffed at me. The ER.doctor.was.such a jerk.i turned.down his offer of a.few Lorton. I quit this cold turkey through a fault of my own. I forgot to get an appointment and the pain management clinic doesnt even care. I spent an hour trying to do their piss test and the desk is 1 foot from the door. Nice attendants at the desk and a witch of an office manager. But there is one worse withdrawal cymbalta which I quit cold turkey and the only thing that saved me was dosesof Gaba suppliment."

Brett whatever November 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I rate it as a 10 because it saved me from certain death. But methadone is a double edged sword...and a very sharp one to try to balance on. I'd missed the end of my teens and all my 20's and 3/4's of my 30's using and jailing it was find an answer or die. I found methadone and never looked back. I stopped using heroin and I never...and I do mean never used again. I have been on a clinic since 1994. I've always had to foot my own bill, never has the state I live in helped me nor has a single insurance company. (even after parity and obamacare) Got to tell you paying for a clinic and full health coverage just about ruined me, now, rather than assist me with my medicine they'd rather provide me with free medical coverage rather than help.."

Fleet420 (taken for 10 years or more) October 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "If you're honest with yourself and don't go past 100mg and dont stay on for more than 5 years it can be a good idea it saved my life"

Never-ending October 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Ive been on Methadone for over ten years and currently,I am trying to get off of this drug. Ive been decreasing my does 2 mgs per month for over a year. I am at 3 mgs and really starting to feel the withdraw.I don't plan to get my next 30 doses.because its almost rediculous how little it does for me. I have 3 does doses of 3 mg and Im terrified. Can anyone give me some truthful encouragement?....."

Swtmiller (taken for 10 years or more) October 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "All right people, let's get a few items out of the way to begin. NO, methadone does not "rot your bones" or your teeth. Not taking care of your teeth and being nutrient deficient WILL rot your bones and teeth. Brush your teeth 2x or 3x a day, floss, use mouthwash and take bone health supporting vitamins and nutrients and that will help keep your skeletal system in good nick. YES, methadone has an unusually long withdrawal period. why? because it's half-life is very long when compared to other opiates; up to 60 hours versus some opiates with half-lifes of 6 to 8 hours. of course the withdrawal period is going to be more pronounced and prolonged - it's basic chemistry and biology here, people. methadone, put simply, WORKS."

MethaDoneRightAndItWorks (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I am currently about 6 months into my Methadone treatment, before methadone I was using heroin at an extreme amount. Now I am on 165ML of methadone a day from the clinic up the road. It has saved my life, I know that there are side effects just like that come with all medications. But where I am right now in my life I would not be alive if it were not for methadone and the treatment that I received from the people around here at the clinic. I recommend methadone for anyone out there struggling with opiate dependence and wanting to turn their life around for the better. It is true just like they say when I was using dope, the dope was in the drivers seat, now that I am on methadone, I am back in the drivers seat!"

Nate5040 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I,m 61 yo Namn vet who was injured in combat,.I,m a pro musician whose put out 12 Lps and had to stop touring when I had a MC accident 16 years ago breaking my neck n back in several places. SInce then also 2 heart attacks 23 heart surgeries I had two major surgeries but both failed....I was miserable, couldn't strap on my guitar so my career was over. I been on disability for 16 years , luckily music was good to me so money is no worry.Ihad many doctors who tried to make me a customer vs a patient. The key to ALL pain management is to make life tolerable! I left those docs n got one who knew his craft, I take 10 mg of methadone n have 15 mg MSIR for breakthrough. I!m NEVER pain free but I can play again DONT dig a hole u can't get out of !"

NYC Bluesman (taken for 10 years or more) October 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I spent years on pain Meds and found my self always in the same cycle after a while I would need a dose in crease becuse it wasn't working anymore. I have 5 small children 3 of which are 12 month Triplets that my husband and I conceived naturally and completely unexpected. I couldn't drive the kids to their school or go to the grocery store without constant fear that if I were ever in an accident while on the pain Meds I would never forgive my self and be in a lot of legal trouble. I switched to methadone for pain almost 3 years ago. You never need a dose increase and you can drive on it. I find that taking my methadone in the am and not having to worry about any thing else for pain all day is really amazing considering I have my hands fu"

Gretchenj2432 September 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I would be dead if not for methadone and the clinic. I will never forget the people there that helped me. I was dying they saved me from pills. I thank them every time I'm there."

Rick8335 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 11, 2016