User Reviews for Lialda

Crohn's Disease 3 reviews 66 medications

6.8
Summary of Lialda reviews 68 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Lialda

For Ulcerative Colitis "Works fairly well on the ulcers, but the side effects are terrible. two days in my knee swelled to twice the normal size and I can't stand on it. Fever and headache constant. ache all over. eyes hurt. Going back to Colazol."

vndrcheck September 1, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "Does great relieving pain from blocked bowels."

Sam26123 April 16, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I have been on lialda for almost a month and take 1200 mg twice a day. Has helped but my hair is falling out and I hope it stops soon. I also can't sleep. I am awake until 3AM and then will doze for about 45 minutes. I like the medication but not sleeping is a real pain."

Oflair March 25, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "This drug almost killed me. I started during a flare up in my 2nd trimester. My hair would fall out and kept reporting unexplained protein in my urine at every doc appointment...I lost 15 lbs during pregnancy and was determine high risk. 6 months post term, I started to get severe chills to fever, couldn't eat, had full colitis symptoms...was hospitalized with cardiac distress, severe anemia and dehydration and stage 4 kidney failure caused by Lialda...mayo clinic detected that the protein in my urine was in fact a side effect from the lialda. I was immediately taken off and my creatin and iron levels began to stabilize and my hair stopped falling out."

kbbaby March 22, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "took Lialda and was fine for 3 months. No bleeding and had normal stool. Then suddenly I had skin rash and acne."

grizzy p (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I have been on this medication for the last three weeks and have not noticed any improvement. My symptoms the last 6 days have been at its worse (going to bathroom almost every 2) hours. My doctor told me to keep taking the medication and is putting me on UCERIS. Just took that pill yesterday. Hopefully that pill works cause this disease sucks right, I am so afraid to go out anywhere because I am waiting on when I will have to go to the Bathroom... I'll keep an update of UCERIS is effective"

Jay1983 March 11, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I had tons of hair loss and the medication never did anything for me. My doctor finally agreed to take me off it after 9 months."

Marcimc1 February 1, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "After taking Lialda for 2 years my hair is very thin. It has not controlled me from going to the bathroom alot. I started noticing besides my hair getting thin, having severe headaches. had to have a blood transfusion and my urine started getting darker and darker. The the straw that broke the camel's back was my tongue and lips swelled and I had hives all over they were so severe that I didn't get any sleep they caused me to have blisters. After 3 trips to the ER they finally found something to help the hives. I haven't eaten a full meal in over a year do to the fact that my mouth and lips were so swore and painful to eat. When all the side affects started piling up I just quit taking it and call my gasteronolist and will see him in 2 weeks"

Very unhappy camper (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I feel great. Colonoscopy not so great. Been on lialda for 3 yrs. Wonder what eating/drinking habits the person from Iowa has.."

Feel great, coloniscopy not December 15, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "Glad to say , I am no longer taking this product that really never worked anyway. Have no symptoms for 5 years, everyone said I would be taking prescription medication for life. I just change my eating and drinking habits and you to can win the battle. Good Luck."

no more systoms in Iowa (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 19, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I take Lialda 3.6g each morning which cleared up my diarrhea and bloody stool but I have had neurological side effects of headaches, fatigue, and slow-thinking, and abdominal pain, gas, and bloating as well. I'm too scared to switch to other meds despite an asacol prescription given the risk of flare ups when meds change, but I don't want the mental haziness for the rest of my life."

BostonBowelBoy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 9, 2015

For Crohn's Disease "With in the first 20 minutes of taking this medication, I started dizzy, disoriented, my mouth had gotten numb . With in 45 minutes I went into full anaphylactic shock and was taken to the er. So unfortunately this isn't for me. I just had my 3rd colonoscopy and actually now have severe Crohn's. Getting ready to start remicaide. I'm nervous but hopefully this will rid the pain and suffering I've been going through."

Anonymous July 16, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I loved this medication when I was first diagnosed because I was feeling better immediately and everything cleared up 2 weeks in. I have been on this medication for almost 2 years now and I have gained 30lbs and when I am on highest dose of medication I get painful acne! I never had acne as a teen. I also feel bloated all the time and think Lialda makes me retain water. I forgot to take my pills once and the UC flare came roaring back within a day or two. My hair is also thinner :/ Did not fall out just thinned. Dont enjoy the symptoms, but I do appreciate that it does work!"

Bloated24/7 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was diagnosed with left-sided UC in May of 2015. My GI prescribed 4.8 grams (4 pills in the am) of Lialda, plus 1 Canasa suppository (1 gram) at night. The suppository was for 3 weeks only. Within 2 weeks, the bleeding stopped, and I no longer saw the remnants of the colon tissue erosions when I had a bowl movement. I stopped taking the Canasa after a week and a half, because I think it was leading me towards diarrhea, and I felt slight rectal pain. There was no noticeable negative effect to me stopping the Canasa dose at that point. I continued to take the regular dosage of Lialda. I had some dizziness the first week or two, but that had since abated. I also noticed acne that I haven't had in many years. No issues with hair thinning."

Anonymous in PA June 25, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "My GP had me on another drug for 4 years and was feeling great. An annual colonoscopy showed nothing so the "Great Gastro" took me off everything and about a month later everything blew up. Went back to a Nurse Practitioner who apologized and put me on Lialda and Canasa.1 week later, great again. Ins Co after 6 months decided not to pay for Lialda so I was put on another couple worked for a couple months then blow up again.NP called Ins Co and got them to approve Lialda, Canasa again and 2 months in all ok except after eating still bloating and gas. We explored my eating habits ans she (NP) took me off gluten and gas and bloating stopped.Joints stopped aching. Try it! Can even touch my toes!!! Best NP around at OSU Gasto Clinic in Co"

tpkearns June 9, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "****Helpful information**** Search the web for Lialda coupons to get Lialda for $10 a month! I am a 24 year old that has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis since age 11. I started on Colazal when I was first diagnosed; but it only continued to keep me in remission for a few years. I was prescribed many of other medications that didn't seem to work for me either. Finally, once I was prescribed Lialda, my health and quality of life improved greatly! Lialda is such a life saver for me! (Although I still have occasional flare-ups, things calm down when suppositories are used in conjunction with Lialda )"

Love pekala 88 April 16, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I have fairly severe Ulcerative Colitis & after 4 months of feeling horrible, tired, bloody diarrhea with the constant urge to go & fear of eating & setting it off again I was finally diagnosed & put on Lialda - 4 pills once a day. At first it caused horrible gas & bloating & took about a week or so to help the symptoms at all but after a few weeks the symptoms were completely gone & the side effects went away as my body got used to the medication. Then about 1 month into taking it I developed horrible cystic acne all over my face, neck, chest, even in my nostrils & ears! My Dr cut the dose in half to 2 pills once a day & within a few days my skin started to clear & heal. I have been on the lower dose for about a month with NO PROBLEMS!!"

KeenKitty (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was diagnosed with UC at 18 years old. After a week in the hospital they came up with the final diagnosis and after a few tried meds they landed me on Lialda and it worked great for me for 7-8 years, only experiencing flare ups if I were to drink too much alcohol and lose sleep which was rare but in that case I would need to use prednisone to get back into remission. Healthy diet, sleep, exercise, and Lialda kept me normal! I am 26 now and I feel my body has built up a tolerance, for the past year I have been on a low, going to the restroom more than 5 times a day. Up until now Lialda was perfect. With the Shire card and health insurance it was only $10 a month."

Corums March 9, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance "Have had colitis for 20 years and been on mesalamine for all of it. Asacol was inconvenient because 6 pills throughout the day was hard to do. Lialda is very expensive even with insurance and their card, but it works and it's only two pills a day. The dietary changes and medication are worth it if I can eliminate surgery."

imf December 3, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "Starting taking Lialda about a month and a half ago and it took a couple of weeks to start working. As soon as it started working I felt great no more stomach pain, no more blood, no more diarrhea oh finally something that help take the pain away I was shocked at how good it worked. But then I should have known it was to good to be true about four weeks into it. My beautiful hair started falling out in clumps every time I washed it or even brushed it. I mean it was a lot every time I would cry. Also the muscle aches were the worst. I would sit for maybe 10 minutes and go to get up and almost fall over because my legs almost gave out. Other then that it works great for the pain but I can't take the side effects so I'm going to be switching medicines."

mymyasky1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "My doctor switched me from Acacol HD to Lialda after I lost my insurance and needed a less expensive substitute. I was worried because I had grown accustomed to Asacol and did very well on that medicine. After a few days of adjusting to Lialda, with no real problems or side effects (just a little gas during the first 48 hours), I feel fantastic on Lialda. I've been on Lialda for about 5 months now, and feel as good, if not better than I did on Asacol. I have fewer headaches that I did on Asacol and feel great less stomach cramps. Best of all, for me or anyone who is on the go during the day, I now take one Lialda tablet, twice daily (once in the morning, once at night). This is compared to two Asacol tablets THREE times daily."

Chad11990 September 9, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance "I have diagnose with Ulcerative Colitis (Proctitis) for last 4 years. Lialda has worked for me best with no side effect. I am taking 2 tab twice daily. For people with Ulcerative colitis in distal part of colon Lialda will work best. I had tried 2 years ago to switch to Apriso only because of the cost of Lialda and had a worst flare up and took 6 month to get normal with oral steroid and steroid enemas. I am using Lialda Pharmacy Saving card which reduce my copay to $10/month."

UP2020 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 14, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have taken Lialda for a month and my symptoms have stopped. I have side effects of leg cramps. My Dr did not know about this site effect. Makes me wonder about him."

Jim28021 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was told to switch to Lialda after being on Asacol HD for 3 years 2 pills 3x a day 800mg each, due to my insurance not covering it anymore. My doctor told me the only difference was the coating, so I felt confident making the switch. By the end of week one of Lialda 1200mg 2 pills 2x a day, I was starting to get pain and go more frequently until it turned into diarrhea. I had no flare ups for a year and had been feeling great on the Asacol, so I immediately switched back to it after a month on Lialda. It was too late the wheels had already started turning on the road to a flare up. I am now on day 8 of being back on Asacol, waiting for my prednisone to get me better. I am so disappointed this happened."

Tummyache416 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I am on day 3 of Lialda. The first day I took all 4 pills with breakfast. Did the same on day 2. Day 2 I had severe diarrhea and chills and headache. I felt like I had the flu. That night I did the Canasa suppository. Woke up several times in the night but did not go to the bathroom. Day 3 woke up with severe headache and mild diarrhea. I decided that I would take 2 Lialda's with breakfast. I started feeling a little better. It is now night 3 and I just took 2 Lialda's with dinner. Headache is not as severe. I am hoping that by day 7 I feel normal again. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 2003. I have not had a flare since 2006 until recently."

Babs174 June 8, 2014