User Reviews for Lialda

Ulcerative Colitis, Active 51 reviews 36 medications

7.1
Summary of Lialda reviews 76 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Lialda

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was diagnosed with moderate to severe universal colitis on 3/27. I was prescribed lialda and take 4 pills a day as well as 1 uceris. I am not exaggerating when I say the relief was almost instant! Within 3 days I went from urgently using the bathroom 5 - 6 times a day with unbearable abdominal cramps to using the bathroom once a day with no cramps! Only side effects I have noticed so far is slight headaches, occasional trouble sleeping and more frequent urination which I will take over my colitis symptoms any day :) Lialda seriously has changed my life in the short 2 weeks I've been taking it ——————————————————— 19 years old Moderate to severe universal colitis Flare started: May 2016 Diagnosed: March 2017 Remission: April 2017"

Anonymous_9332 April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "Ok not enough room on this review to put up my full history. So will be brief. :) So far, tried Asacol and Humira and both did nothing for me. Now I am on Lialda twice a day, 1.2GM tablets. And these are working great. No cramps and limiting me now to about 2 - 3 bowel movements a day. And no bloody stools unlike my past. (10 years diagnosis). I have also changed my diet to a Mediterranean diet with little to no red meat. Mainly chicken and fish for my sources of protein. No deep fried foods. And has worked out great. Also for veggies/greens etc, skip out on any gas producing vegs (broccoli and onions for example). And taking vitamins/iron supplements daily to keep those well maintained."

Doing Better From TN (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I'very been on Lialda since diagnoses nearly 10 years ago. I started with 2xday and progressed to 4x day about 4 years ago. A month ago I had a bad flare and am not on 6x day for a couple days + casana (sp?) Which is essentially the same drug only in suppository. It's already working to clear up my flare, but I'm experiencing acne and jumbled thoughts. Can't wait to drop the suppository once this is under control, hopefully I'm 1-2 wks. I don't know how "Iowa" cured themselves with diet -- I tried that and Lialda seriously changed my life."

AGinchicago (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was prescribed this med for mild UC. I discussed concerns with my doctor on starting a medication while nursing and without trying natural approach to curing the symptoms first. He share some patience had success using turmeric supplement to address inflammation of the sigmoid colon (lower intestine and bowel). After 2 weeks on the Turmeric my symptoms of urgency, cramping and excessive frequency to 'go' subsided. After 3 weeks, I've been having normal bowel movements and no cramping. I am happy with the progress I've made on this natural remedy."

Natural_first (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "After years of being told I had IBS-D and it was all in my head, I was finally diagnosed as having UC. I was so sick at that point I was considering going on disability. After two weeks of Lialda, I started to improve and soon could live somewhat of a normal life, although with a very restricted diet. A routine blood test 11 months later showed that my kidneys had been damaged by this anti-inflammatory. I got off Lialda immediately but four months later my creatinine level is still too high. I never had any kidney trouble before taking Lialda."

Lorelei56 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "My husband died from taking Lialda. He had been taking it for 3 months and it totally depleted his white blood cells. When he was admitted to the hospital, he was taken to ICU ISOLATION on a Fri. and died Wed. Autopsy confirmed he died from the Lialda!"

Anonymous December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "This medicine has little to no effect on my Ulcerative Colitis. I was diagnosed with in in early Aug of this year, I was prescribed Lialda because my case wasn't "too severe." I have seen no improvement from this medicine, and I would say my symptoms/flare ups have become worse and more frequent. Apparently this medicine works for some people, not me. I haven't noticed any of the side effects from Lialda, but it definitely isn't doing what it is supposed to."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "It says not to crush or chew. Then they should make them smaller! They are way too large! Having trouble getting them to go down."

Fleischhauer October 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "Works fairly well on the ulcers, but the side effects are terrible. two days in my knee swelled to twice the normal size and I can't stand on it. Fever and headache constant. ache all over. eyes hurt. Going back to Colazol."

vndrcheck September 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "Does great relieving pain from blocked bowels."

Sam26123 April 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I have been on lialda for almost a month and take 1200 mg twice a day. Has helped but my hair is falling out and I hope it stops soon. I also can't sleep. I am awake until 3AM and then will doze for about 45 minutes. I like the medication but not sleeping is a real pain."

Oflair March 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "This drug almost killed me. I started during a flare up in my 2nd trimester. My hair would fall out and kept reporting unexplained protein in my urine at every doc appointment...I lost 15 lbs during pregnancy and was determine high risk. 6 months post term, I started to get severe chills to fever, couldn't eat, had full colitis symptoms...was hospitalized with cardiac distress, severe anemia and dehydration and stage 4 kidney failure caused by Lialda...mayo clinic detected that the protein in my urine was in fact a side effect from the lialda. I was immediately taken off and my creatin and iron levels began to stabilize and my hair stopped falling out."

kbbaby March 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "took Lialda and was fine for 3 months. No bleeding and had normal stool. Then suddenly I had skin rash and acne."

grizzy p (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I have been on this medication for the last three weeks and have not noticed any improvement. My symptoms the last 6 days have been at its worse (going to bathroom almost every 2) hours. My doctor told me to keep taking the medication and is putting me on UCERIS. Just took that pill yesterday. Hopefully that pill works cause this disease sucks right, I am so afraid to go out anywhere because I am waiting on when I will have to go to the Bathroom... I'll keep an update of UCERIS is effective"

Jay1983 March 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I had tons of hair loss and the medication never did anything for me. My doctor finally agreed to take me off it after 9 months."

Marcimc1 February 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "After taking Lialda for 2 years my hair is very thin. It has not controlled me from going to the bathroom alot. I started noticing besides my hair getting thin, having severe headaches. had to have a blood transfusion and my urine started getting darker and darker. The the straw that broke the camel's back was my tongue and lips swelled and I had hives all over they were so severe that I didn't get any sleep they caused me to have blisters. After 3 trips to the ER they finally found something to help the hives. I haven't eaten a full meal in over a year do to the fact that my mouth and lips were so swore and painful to eat. When all the side affects started piling up I just quit taking it and call my gasteronolist and will see him in 2 weeks"

Very unhappy camper (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I feel great. Colonoscopy not so great. Been on lialda for 3 yrs. Wonder what eating/drinking habits the person from Iowa has.."

Feel great, coloniscopy not December 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "Glad to say , I am no longer taking this product that really never worked anyway. Have no symptoms for 5 years, everyone said I would be taking prescription medication for life. I just change my eating and drinking habits and you to can win the battle. Good Luck."

no more systoms in Iowa (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I take Lialda 3.6g each morning which cleared up my diarrhea and bloody stool but I have had neurological side effects of headaches, fatigue, and slow-thinking, and abdominal pain, gas, and bloating as well. I'm too scared to switch to other meds despite an asacol prescription given the risk of flare ups when meds change, but I don't want the mental haziness for the rest of my life."

BostonBowelBoy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease "With in the first 20 minutes of taking this medication, I started dizzy, disoriented, my mouth had gotten numb . With in 45 minutes I went into full anaphylactic shock and was taken to the er. So unfortunately this isn't for me. I just had my 3rd colonoscopy and actually now have severe Crohn's. Getting ready to start remicaide. I'm nervous but hopefully this will rid the pain and suffering I've been going through."

Anonymous July 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I loved this medication when I was first diagnosed because I was feeling better immediately and everything cleared up 2 weeks in. I have been on this medication for almost 2 years now and I have gained 30lbs and when I am on highest dose of medication I get painful acne! I never had acne as a teen. I also feel bloated all the time and think Lialda makes me retain water. I forgot to take my pills once and the UC flare came roaring back within a day or two. My hair is also thinner :/ Did not fall out just thinned. Dont enjoy the symptoms, but I do appreciate that it does work!"

Bloated24/7 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was diagnosed with left-sided UC in May of 2015. My GI prescribed 4.8 grams (4 pills in the am) of Lialda, plus 1 Canasa suppository (1 gram) at night. The suppository was for 3 weeks only. Within 2 weeks, the bleeding stopped, and I no longer saw the remnants of the colon tissue erosions when I had a bowl movement. I stopped taking the Canasa after a week and a half, because I think it was leading me towards diarrhea, and I felt slight rectal pain. There was no noticeable negative effect to me stopping the Canasa dose at that point. I continued to take the regular dosage of Lialda. I had some dizziness the first week or two, but that had since abated. I also noticed acne that I haven't had in many years. No issues with hair thinning."

Anonymous in PA June 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "My GP had me on another drug for 4 years and was feeling great. An annual colonoscopy showed nothing so the "Great Gastro" took me off everything and about a month later everything blew up. Went back to a Nurse Practitioner who apologized and put me on Lialda and Canasa.1 week later, great again. Ins Co after 6 months decided not to pay for Lialda so I was put on another couple worked for a couple months then blow up again.NP called Ins Co and got them to approve Lialda, Canasa again and 2 months in all ok except after eating still bloating and gas. We explored my eating habits ans she (NP) took me off gluten and gas and bloating stopped.Joints stopped aching. Try it! Can even touch my toes!!! Best NP around at OSU Gasto Clinic in Co"

tpkearns June 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "****Helpful information**** Search the web for Lialda coupons to get Lialda for $10 a month! I am a 24 year old that has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis since age 11. I started on Colazal when I was first diagnosed; but it only continued to keep me in remission for a few years. I was prescribed many of other medications that didn't seem to work for me either. Finally, once I was prescribed Lialda, my health and quality of life improved greatly! Lialda is such a life saver for me! (Although I still have occasional flare-ups, things calm down when suppositories are used in conjunction with Lialda )"

Love pekala 88 April 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I have fairly severe Ulcerative Colitis & after 4 months of feeling horrible, tired, bloody diarrhea with the constant urge to go & fear of eating & setting it off again I was finally diagnosed & put on Lialda - 4 pills once a day. At first it caused horrible gas & bloating & took about a week or so to help the symptoms at all but after a few weeks the symptoms were completely gone & the side effects went away as my body got used to the medication. Then about 1 month into taking it I developed horrible cystic acne all over my face, neck, chest, even in my nostrils & ears! My Dr cut the dose in half to 2 pills once a day & within a few days my skin started to clear & heal. I have been on the lower dose for about a month with NO PROBLEMS!!"

KeenKitty (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2015