User Reviews for Lialda

Ulcerative Colitis
6.9

Summary of Lialda reviews 7.3 85 reviews

Reviews for Lialda

For Ulcerative Colitis "Lialda put me in remission for over 12 years. I never experienced any side effects, until a few months ago when Lialda almost killed me. It gave me pancreatitis. My lipase was at 10,000, the normal is 0 to 90. I am extremely lucky."

Sugar (taken for 10 years or more) September 30, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "It worked for me initially but then stopped working. I didn't really notice any side effects. Have been on 4 pills daily but will need to be switch to something else. I was getting my medication shipped free to my house through the manufacturer. If you qualify for their program you get approved within 2 days."

Carolina (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "Used this and it didn't worked well for me"

Joe (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance "This caused pancreatitis and almost killed me."

CL (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance "I have been taking Lialda for years and it works but here’s the thing I also get migraines to a ridiculous degree so I was forced to cut back my dose. So for me at least the very high dose or what they call a therapeutic level is unnecessary. I’m in a maintenance space where I honestly only need it every other day, I usually get the beginnings of a migraine about an hour after I take it but the migraine doesn’t become full blown on the lesser dose but the medicine does it’s job. Looks like my UC became Crohn’s over time because I also have irritation in my mouth and all sorts of skin spots (look like bug bits but aren’t) and interestingly when I have a flare of any kind if I take two single pills for two days in a row it almost always goes away. Thought I’d say it because the higher doses are completely intolerable for me but I don’t really need it like that. I use the co-pay assist card which makes a big difference"

Llgrrrrll May 17, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I have been on this drug for twenty days. I took myself off it because I've experienced severe joint and muscle pain. I also have rashes all over including my head. I have lost 11 pounds, which would be nice except it is not fat, it is muscle mass. This drug need more study! I sincerely hope no one else has to suffer as I have. I have been off it for 9 days now, and things have not improved. I hope this is not sometime I have to live with, but it appears it might be."

Ilee (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "Initially when I started taking Lialda, it worked. However, I ignored the side effects because the medication was working well. I pushed aside all the warnings in my body until my symptoms became severe. I had loss of hair, muscle weakness, fatigue, anxiety, and the final straw was the rash that overcame my body. The doctor did not believe it was due to the Lialda, because I was on it for 4 years, however, I know my body better then the doctor and chose to stop taking it. After 2 weeks I felt like a new person. I am now on Balsalazide Disodium, and for now it seems to be working fine. Listen to your body despite what the doctor says. Ignoring the warnings signs my body was experiencing was ignorance on my part and will never happen again."

Happy Camper again (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "It has seemed to help me a lot, but it’s whopping expensive. I lucked out on samples and mfg coupons for half a year, then got ate up by expenses. I like this version much better than the asacol I had years ago, which caused discomfort, and terrible urinary stains from residue. So far with Lialda the drug seems more concentrated or timed release, with no residue in urine."

Mike B TX January 2, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was diagnosed with moderate to severe ulcerative colitis in 2008. I’ve been on all kinds of medication including asacol, 6mp, remicade, humira, prednisone, amitriptyline, Lialada and others. I also had surgery to remove my gallbladder due to stones - which I regret now since I don’t think made any difference with the BMs and bleeding. I finally had good results with Lialda. I used to take 4 pills a day but managed to ween down to 2. I also realized that part of the healing process came from Spiritual healing and mental attitude. The stress from a job played a major role in my flare ups. Prayer helped me spiritually which in turn helped me with my mind, which then helped with my gut alongside Lialda and a less stressful job."

QuisUtDeus (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 4, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "Diagnosed with Crohn’s after routine Colonscopy 5/2017 and was started on Lialda. No symptoms of Crohn’s other than the discovery of ulcers during Colonscopy. Now having hair loss at temples and fear it will continue and/or get worse. Plus it’s not covered by my insurance and costs over $230.00 a month. My GI says if I don’t take it I risk getting colon cancer. I was basically told it’s better to be broke and bald than have colon cancer. I think there has to be another answer?"

Urseka November 4, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "The medicine seems to work well but still bleeding so doc put me on canasa and prednisone seems to work better"

Branum408 (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was on asacol for 10 years with no flare ups and leading a normal life. Then 2 years ago my insurance (BCBS) stopped covering it. My Doctor changed me to Lialda and I have had a nothing short of continuous colitis hell flare up for 2 years straight. 20 diarrheas a day. Stomach cramps, weight loss, explosive uncontrolled bm. My Doctor refused to write a letter of medical necessity to my insurance company so I could get back on asacol. So I was on continuous steroids which caused diabetes. Finally to the point of starting humira which caused e coli, c diff, nor ovirus. Recent hospitalization which I was able to get back on asacol while in the hospital. Now discharged and unable to get asacol approved for use outside of hospitalization. "

sick of ulcerative colitis (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 8, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "Developed UC after I stopped smoking about 10 years ago. Have tried everything including Lialda and Canasa. The only thing that works for me is smoking cigarettes. I've also tried nicotine gum and patch and even E-cigs. Only real cigarettes work. I have to smoke about 5 per day. Symptoms go away after 1-2 weeks. Then I stop smoking. Sometimes the symptoms will come back after a month, sometimes 6. Hate smoking but what's the alternative?"

hotboxdp (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I've been taking this medicine for years now and have had very little flare ups. I feel great on this medicine"

Dude408 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was diagnosed with moderate to severe universal colitis on 3/27. I was prescribed lialda and take 4 pills a day as well as 1 uceris. I am not exaggerating when I say the relief was almost instant! Within 3 days I went from urgently using the bathroom 5 - 6 times a day with unbearable abdominal cramps to using the bathroom once a day with no cramps! Only side effects I have noticed so far is slight headaches, occasional trouble sleeping and more frequent urination which I will take over my colitis symptoms any day :) Lialda seriously has changed my life in the short 2 weeks I've been taking it ——————————————————— 19 years old Moderate to severe universal colitis Flare started: May 2016 Diagnosed: March 2017 Remission: April 2017"

Anonymous_9332 April 7, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "Ok not enough room on this review to put up my full history. So will be brief. :) So far, tried Asacol and Humira and both did nothing for me. Now I am on Lialda twice a day, 1.2GM tablets. And these are working great. No cramps and limiting me now to about 2 - 3 bowel movements a day. And no bloody stools unlike my past. (10 years diagnosis). I have also changed my diet to a Mediterranean diet with little to no red meat. Mainly chicken and fish for my sources of protein. No deep fried foods. And has worked out great. Also for veggies/greens etc, skip out on any gas producing vegs (broccoli and onions for example). And taking vitamins/iron supplements daily to keep those well maintained."

Doing Better From TN (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I'very been on Lialda since diagnoses nearly 10 years ago. I started with 2xday and progressed to 4x day about 4 years ago. A month ago I had a bad flare and am not on 6x day for a couple days + casana (sp?) Which is essentially the same drug only in suppository. It's already working to clear up my flare, but I'm experiencing acne and jumbled thoughts. Can't wait to drop the suppository once this is under control, hopefully I'm 1-2 wks. I don't know how "Iowa" cured themselves with diet -- I tried that and Lialda seriously changed my life."

AGinchicago (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 26, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was prescribed this med for mild UC. I discussed concerns with my doctor on starting a medication while nursing and without trying natural approach to curing the symptoms first. He share some patience had success using turmeric supplement to address inflammation of the sigmoid colon (lower intestine and bowel). After 2 weeks on the Turmeric my symptoms of urgency, cramping and excessive frequency to 'go' subsided. After 3 weeks, I've been having normal bowel movements and no cramping. I am happy with the progress I've made on this natural remedy."

Natural_first (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis "After years of being told I had IBS-D and it was all in my head, I was finally diagnosed as having UC. I was so sick at that point I was considering going on disability. After two weeks of Lialda, I started to improve and soon could live somewhat of a normal life, although with a very restricted diet. A routine blood test 11 months later showed that my kidneys had been damaged by this anti-inflammatory. I got off Lialda immediately but four months later my creatinine level is still too high. I never had any kidney trouble before taking Lialda."

Lorelei56 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 6, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis "My husband died from taking Lialda. He had been taking it for 3 months and it totally depleted his white blood cells. When he was admitted to the hospital, he was taken to ICU ISOLATION on a Fri. and died Wed. Autopsy confirmed he died from the Lialda!"

Anonymous December 16, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "This medicine has little to no effect on my Ulcerative Colitis. I was diagnosed with in in early Aug of this year, I was prescribed Lialda because my case wasn't "too severe." I have seen no improvement from this medicine, and I would say my symptoms/flare ups have become worse and more frequent. Apparently this medicine works for some people, not me. I haven't noticed any of the side effects from Lialda, but it definitely isn't doing what it is supposed to."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "It says not to crush or chew. Then they should make them smaller! They are way too large! Having trouble getting them to go down."

Fleischhauer October 20, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "Works fairly well on the ulcers, but the side effects are terrible. two days in my knee swelled to twice the normal size and I can't stand on it. Fever and headache constant. ache all over. eyes hurt. Going back to Colazol."

vndrcheck September 1, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "Does great relieving pain from blocked bowels."

Sam26123 April 16, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I have been on lialda for almost a month and take 1200 mg twice a day. Has helped but my hair is falling out and I hope it stops soon. I also can't sleep. I am awake until 3AM and then will doze for about 45 minutes. I like the medication but not sleeping is a real pain."

Oflair March 25, 2016