User Reviews for Loxapine

Agitation 5.0
Summary of Loxapine reviews 6.5 9 reviews

Reviews for Loxapine

Joe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 22, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “Loxapine has greatly improved my quality of life. I hear less voices, and don't see anything anymore. Still hear voices, but less. I sleep better too.”

ZestyEggplant · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2020

“I am really amazed by Loxapine so far. I have bipolar disorder and this seems to be a drug that calms me down and improves my mood, with almost no side effects. It helps me sleep at night, without making me tired during the day. Also, it doesn't make me hungry the way Olanzapine, or some antidepressants used to. Loxapine doesn't give me the physical side effects like muscle weakness that Paxil and Olanzapine did. Finally, this drug definitely has antidepressant effects, I can feel it. I think this is the perfect drug for bipolar disorder, I don't know why this isn't prescribed more often.”

mrsgiblets · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 25, 2019

“This loxapine is the most effective and best drug I have ever been prescribed for my Bipolar disorder - 2. I was able to lose weight on it unlike many other Bipolar medications I've been on in the past. My mood has been stable and I have felt great for two years. I did have to reduce the dosage because I was getting the weird swallowing side effects, but since I reduced the dosage I haven't had any issues. Would definitely recommend this medication to anyone who has tried everything else for bipolar and is discouraged.”

Drugreview · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 14, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “I was hearing voices to the point where I wasn't sleeping for 4 or 5 days straight. The voices would keep me up all night. I started Loxapine and within a few days the voices were quieter and I was sleeping almost normal again. Only getting woken up once or twice a night by voices. It has helped my delusions a bit as well, but not as much as the voices. I actually was able to lose weight on it too. Compared to gaining 20 pounds in one month on zyprexa. The side effects for me are very mild. It sedates you, so I take my dose at night. Overall it's been the best drug I've tried for schizophrenia so far.”

Lasllaves · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “Made me restless and gave me akathisia Still heard voices on it but I didn't take the 50mg a day like I was prescribed. I stuck to 25mg because of the akathisia.”

J. Sheila · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2017

For Agitation: “For some reason, loxapine caused me to have breast milk. I am not pregnant.”

Indigo87 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 29, 2017

For Agitation: “Helps a lot but causes severe drowsiness.”

justwanttobefunctional October 21, 2016

For Schizophrenia: “it works, hear less voices, but it's hard to get up in the morning, can't think, lose creativity , feel like a zombie, but you hear less voices”

The Mad King August 8, 2016

For Schizophrenia: “I switched to loxapine from risperidone because my doctor said that it wouldn't cause weight gain. Unfortunately, I did gain weight on this as well. It also had a sedative effect. But in terms of treating my symptoms, it works perfectly fine.”

chocobo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 17, 2015

For Schizophrenia: “This medication worked for my hallucinations but I had involuntary blinking at all the different dosages I've tried. I was constipated thus causing me to have acne, had high blood pressure, and gained weight. Also, I felt so dehydrated to the point of getting headaches. I had troubles with being too sleepy to function.”

craig64 September 21, 2010

For Schizophrenia: “This medicine completely changed my life in the way that my voices are at ease and I can function in society correctly. The side effects for me are severe tiredness. If I have to stay on loxapine I will, but because of the tiredness, I am exploring my options of something else.”

Anonymous June 16, 2010

“My 12 year old son was on this for severe behavior issues - worked nice but had major weight gain and was very very tired - had to stop it due to him being so tired.”