User Reviews for Loxapine

Also known as: Adasuve, Loxitane, Loxitane C, Loxitane IM

Learn more about Loxapine.

Agitation 1 reviews 6 medications

Schizophrenia 4 reviews 42 medications

6.7
Other 1 reviews

4.5
Summary of Loxapine reviews 6 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Loxapine

For Agitation: "Helps a lot but causes severe drowsiness."

Indigo87 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "it works, hear less voices, but it's hard to get up in the morning, can't think, lose creativity , feel like a zombie, but you hear less voices"

justwanttobefunctional October 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "I switched to loxapine from risperidone because my doctor said that it wouldn't cause weight gain. Unfortunately, I did gain weight on this as well. It also had a sedative effect. But in terms of treating my symptoms, it works perfectly fine."

The Mad King August 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "This medication worked for my hallucinations but I had involuntary blinking at all the different dosages I've tried. I was constipated thus causing me to have acne, had high blood pressure, and gained weight. Also, I felt so dehydrated to the point of getting headaches. I had troubles with being too sleepy to function."

chocobo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "This medicine completely changed my life in the way that my voices are at ease and I can function in society correctly. The side effects for me are severe tiredness. If I have to stay on loxapine I will, but because of the tiredness, I am exploring my options of something else."

craig64 September 21, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "My 12 year old son was on this for severe behavior issues - worked nice but had major weight gain and was very very tired - had to stop it due to him being so tired."

Anonymous June 16, 2010