User Reviews for Lithium to treat Cluster Headaches

Also known as: Lithium Carbonate ER, Lithobid

Lithium has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Cluster Headaches. 88% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Lithium Rating Summary

8.8/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Cluster Headaches.

Anonymous October 13, 2011

“I have been suffering from horrible daily chronic cluster/migraine for 30 years with absolutely no relief. My neurologist refused to put me on lithium. According to him it's an out of date medicine that belongs in the past. I have been on lithium for 2 weeks and have had my first headache free period in so many years. I went to my PCP and he gave me lithium. If you are not satisfied with current treatment, I do recommend this for chronic clusters/ migraines. ”

Anita12234 April 2, 2013

“Lithium saved my life. Nothing worked on my cluster headaches until my Dr. prescribed lithium. It was miraculous and worked within 24 hours. It broke the cycle. Subsequently I have also used oxygen therapy and it too has been very effective. Just not as easy as taking a pill, but less side effects.”

road2glory December 23, 2010

“My GP thinks the symptoms of what I thought was Parkinson's is in fact side-effects of Lithium. I take 1200 mg of lithium daily. I gave it a low score for the side-effects, the shakes and poor balance. It's very effective in preventing clusters. I took a chance this fall and quit all my medicines. The day after I did this I got slammed by clusters. Clusters are too painful to live with so it's better to live with lithium and its side effects than with the pain of cluster headaches.”

drk21 February 3, 2014

“This is a godsend for daily cluster headaches.”

spawndish July 6, 2011

“I suffer from chronic clusters. Lithium has me pain free so compared to the pain I would be suffering I can live with the side effects.”

Rock December 26, 2018

“900 Milligrams completely got rid of my chronic cluster headaches.”

Teachergal · Taken for 10 years or more January 4, 2017

“I have also used Lithium to control my cluster headaches. I usually start on a high dose of predinisone until the Lithium kicks in. It literally has been a "job" and "life" saver.”