User Reviews for Victoza to treat Weight Loss

Victoza has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 156 ratings for the treatment of Weight Loss. 71% of those users who reviewed Victoza reported a positive effect, while 10% reported a negative effect.

Victoza Rating Summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Victoza

Daisymay · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2021

“Today is my 3rd day on Victoza 0.6mg. I’ve lost 3 lbs of water weight I’m sure. First day just got slight headache, second worse headache and upper stomach pain with loose stool, today omg I was in the bathroom all day, and bad bloating. No headache today though. So I’m hoping the other side effects get better soon. I will try to post an update by end of month if I make it.”

C .c. April 17, 2021

“I have been on Victoza for a month. I have to lose a lot of weight so I can have hip replacement surgery. 20 pounds gone. I wish I could stay on this forever. It REALLY works on curbing my appetite.”

Pamcar · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2021

“I would recommend this to anyone who has had a hard time with weight loss. My weight has been up and down my entire life but now that I am older losing had become harder. I've been using Victoza for only a week and I have lost pounds. With no serious side effects at all. It just gets rid of my appetite.”

Missi · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2019

“I'm not usually one to review, but I have to share my experience of Victoza. My Dr first prescribed this to me in January (2019) starting with a 0.6mg dose. After the first month I increased to 1.2mg dose. 5 months later I am still taking 1.2mg and have not increased yet to 1.8mg. To date I have not suffered with any side effects. I can confirm that it has completely banished my sweet cravings and reduced my appetite by at least 70%. As a result, since 5 January 2019 (today is the 12 June 2019) I have lost 90.5lbs. This has been alongside a diet of 1200 calories a day, but I should add NO exercise. Also, once a week, usually Saturday evening, I allow myself some "freedom" when I eat/drink whatever I like. To summarise, taking Victoza I can easily estimate that I've lost twice as much weight in a week as what I would have by diet alone. If you're thinking of trying it, I'd say GO FOR IT - I'm so glad I did!”

Sinsinattie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2019

“I’ve been on Victoza since May 2019 and to date I have lost 34 lbs! Yea it does take a bit to get used to and you will lose your appetite but stick with it. I find that I do get constipated and I’m not sure what to do about it right now since I’ve always had issues with bowel movements. One other thing that drives me crazy is that I will be starving and then when I finally eat I take 3 bites and then...full! My husband teases me about it because I will be ready to hurt someone then get full almost from just looking at food. I’ve not exercised at all with this medication but definitely feel well enough to do so. 6 more lbs til I’m out of my 200’s.... so onward!”

Gi · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 4, 2020

“I've been on Victoza for 4 months, started out on 0.6, increased to 1.8 now. I've lost 41 lbs. My main issueswith Victoza are constipation and light headed I am planning to continue for the near future.”

Philly99 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

“I’ve been on Victoza for exactly one month, the first week I was on the 0.6 dose since then I’ve been on 1.2mg dose. I’ve lost 10 POUNDS. It curbs my appetite so I am skipping lunch, because I’m not hungry. The tiny needle took getting use to. I’ll go for blood work next week and see how my levels are...Haven’t had a lot of side affects so that’s a plus!”

LL · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2019

“Just started victoza 3 days ago. Down 9 lbs already , mostly fluid I'm sure but it's a great feeling. I have started keeping track of my calorie intake and today it was below 1000. Amazing because I was always hungry before. Only side effect so far is a mild headache, and if I eat too much (last night, was steak with sweet potato and squash) some slight cramps but pretty sure it's because I ate too much. I should have stopped about 5 bites before I did. I take the injection at night before bed. 0.6 for now. Don't even feel it. I'll report again in a few weeks and see how things are going. I would recommend if you are like me and can't control your appetite. So far so good.”

MarieQC April 7, 2016

“I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) years ago. Last year, I was referred to a doctor that specializes in this disease; at the time I first met him, I weighed a whopping 387 pounds (I%u2019m 5%u201910%u2019%u2019). Of course, the first thing he told me was that my PCOS would get better if I lost weight. I was totally discouraged! I told him that I was very active and had been on EVERY diet%u2026 nothing seemed to work. I was so frustrated and asked if there was anything he could do to jump start my weight loss from a medical stand point. This is when he told me about Victoza and about the study that demonstrated that individuals suffering from PCOS, not from Type 2 diabetes, had lost weight on this medication... I now weigh 275 pounds :)”

Bjmislove · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2021

“I suffer from thyroid, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and respiratory issues like asthma and bronchial issues, which makes it extremely hard to loose even 1 lb. I took 1.8 Victoza and it really made me sick. No hunger whatsoever, thirsty, coughing, really cold and the tiredness at the end of day is terrible. I cannot sleep. So that whole week I didn't take. I was 210 pounds and from one day of taking it that whole week managed to drop 9 lbs. Incredible, and amazing is this. I'll suffer through awful side effects because physically the weight loss is wonderful.”

Twirley · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2019

“Second post. Started Victoza 22 July 2019 at 91.7kg. Been on it 3 weeks and 4 days, weight loss 8.1 kg ( 17.8 lbs). I started on .6 for 8 days ( initially slight hung over feeling which disappeared after 3 days), then clicked up over over 3 days until 1.2 ( no side effects except thirst). Two days ago I started working up to 1.8 by advancing the clicks a bit more towards 1.8 each day. Tomorrow will be on full 1.8. For me it seems that gradually going up to the required dose has really minimized the side effects. I am eating about 1000 cals a day and not hungry at all. I do light gym 3 times a week , more for a shoulder injury than cardio at the moment. NO alcohol except for the odd Vodka soda when socializing. I am beginning to allow myself to believe that this time it will be possible to lose my excess 25 kg. I feel strong and in control and am no more a vacuum cleaner when food is around.”

Savannah · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2020

“I was on Victoza for two months and technically only lost 10 lbs but as far as visually everyone says I lost 30+ pounds I ride my bike an average of 15 miles a day so I believe I've gained muscle. I switched to ozempic because the Victoza had a side effect of dry mouth. I never had any other side affects. I literally ate anything I want and lost weight.”

Kiki · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2021

“Started Victoza 6 months ago and have lost 32 lbs. I am also on a low carb diet. No side effects at all. I eat small meals and don’t get hungry between meals. I’m on 1.8 mg. However, I did hit the mother of all plateaus after about 3 months. I still get the reduced appetite effect, so I guess if I start exercising more, it will restart my weight loss.”

cathy · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 26, 2020

“hi I've been on victoza 1.8 mg daily for 2 years. It cuts your appetite well and I lost 30 pounds on it . BUT the catch is after a year and a half on it I got my hunger appetite all back three fold. Mow I'm struggling to cut portions but cant always hungry and I gained 15 pounds back!! Only a temporary hunger control only lasts for so many months. So sad I called the company but no response from them on the getting back your hungry appetite again . Sad so sad!!”

NanaD2 June 18, 2017

“Hi, it's me again just giving an update. I've got a few post and I'd like to continue to post my experience throughout this process. My last post was 5/15. I went back to my Doctor on 6/15 and was down another 9lbs with a total of 45lbs since I started taking victoza on 3/6/17. I'm still eating the same things, still no side effects, and I am still very much happy with this product. Until next time...”

Mel · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2019

“I started taking Victoza a year ago. I was amazed I lost 150lbs. I felt like I had gotten my life back but now I seem to be gaining it back. Very slowly but it scares me because I had no control over the loss and I want to control gaining weight. If I gain all that weight back it will be devastating for me. Anyone know about this? Help!”

SpookyRN · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2016

“Middle age stinks. In the last 5 years my weight and blood pressure became also uncontrollable. My last doctor visit I weighed in at my heaviest. 201# and being 5'7" was categorised has obese. Plus my blood pressure was sky high. Dangerously high. My doctor told me about Saxenda. Well my insurance company would not cover it. So the doctor's office called in an RX for Victoza. I started the injections May 3rd. I followed the dosing schedule and increased the dose every 7 days. I continue to take the 1.8mg dose. I have lost 31 pounds since May. My blood pressue is now normal even abit low. I feel like I have my life back.”

Faith1976 · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2020

“I started on Victoza 0.6 and initially the nausea was so bad I could not continue after 1 day. I stopped for about a week and decided to try again. This is now day 3 and I’m actually tolerating it better. I have not drank any alcohol and last time I had alcohol the same day I started my injection. Very bad idea... I now also take pepto or an anti nausea med right before I do my injection and I take it at bedtime. This has helped tremendously!!! I still have some belching and a slight headache but nothing like before. I’m really excited that my body is tolerating it. I’ll post again in a few weeks and hopefully I’ll be a few pounds lighter.”

tina · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2019

“I have been on victoza for 42 days and IO've lost 19lbs. This was my last hope by my dr because nothing else was working. I was at my heaviest 206lb. My dr also recommended I take the Pill Alli (over the counter-you can find at walmart) So with this I feel really good. Not like diet pills where you are good all day and then hungry all night. I do count my calories and do not eat after 6pm. This is the best thing with no side effects besides loss of appetite.”

TS · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 26, 2020

“I started Victoza about a month ago and have lost 5 lbs. I do well at the 0.6mg dose but when I bump it up to 1.2 mg dose after a couple of days the nausea is unbearable. does this go away? I'm not sure if I should go back to 0.6mg as I was up all night with nausea, but hey no appetite :-)”

BookLover · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2019

“I just started on Victoza on Jan. 2. Started at 0.6 for 5 days, then moved to 1.2. Side effects minimal. Experienced a headache 1 day, mild nausea first few days, a little more tired at night, which is when I take it. I'm down 8 pounds in 9 days. Am in my 50s, menopausal. I love, love, LOVE the CONTROL this medication gives me over food and my appetite. I have insulin resistance and mildly elevated blood sugar. Diabetes runs in my family. I guess my insurance (BCBS) figured "close enough" because they're paying for it!! Am so excited and LOVE this drug. It is so much more effective than amphetamine-like drugs for weight loss. I will check back in in a few and give you and update. As someone said, "Victoza is not for whimps." But if you can man it up, it's totally worth the side effects. Good luck, all.”

J-something · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

“Started using Victoza on the 7-10-19 on dosage of 0.6 mg a day. No hectic side effects. Before I started my weight was 112kg and I am now on 106.8kg on the 16-10-2019. I do intermittent fasting as well, so coffee with no sugar in the morning and lunch and supper, supper no later than 8pm. Usually eat light meals for lunch and supper. I drink a lot of water, minimum of 2l a day and some days more. I'm struggling with constipation but I'm thinking of trying veggie smoothies for lunch next week. I don't exercise at the moment because I have knee problems, although I want to try walking at least for an hour on the treadmill. My goal weight is 60-65 kg. Will see my doctor end of October, and she will most likely increase my dose. Fingers crossed I reach my goal weight within 6 months.”

L.H. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 9, 2020

“I started Victoza many months ago. In the beginning I was doing great with losing weight & my blood sugars readings were very good! After a few months, it all stopped & I started gaining it all back. So now my blood sugar readings are back up & I have gained all the 20 lbs. back. The Victoza doesn’t seem to be working at all now. ”

Sara99 June 5, 2019

“I’ve been on Victoza a week now. I want to lose 30 pounds and am always one to get side effect. The bad ones. I’m just starting out on the lowest dosage and it’s 0.6, then each week I’m suppose to move up if needed. Honestly I don’t want to as it’s working at this low dosage for me and nothing ever works. It took my sweet craving right away. I have no side effects at all and I’m not hungry. I make sure to eat my healthy meals like protein after working out and lots of greens. Staying away from carbs cuz they make me feel like garbage anyways. I do find I’m thirsty a lot which is good to increase my water. I’ve lost 6 pounds this week and I know at least 4 ish is water. I did get sick in the beginning I felt like I had extreme heartburn and threw up. What surprised me is it was the meal from the day before. So it shows you it really slows down what it digests.”

ms mle February 28, 2020

“I’ve been on Victoza for 2 yrs. the 1st 2 months I lost approx 8lbs. I started 1.2 dosage, then 1.8. I don’t understand? For the past 15 months I have maintained my same weight fluctuating 4-5 lbs. up then down. I don't bother my doctor because it still suppress my appetite. Over all I guess it’s good. 75%”

Heidi August 10, 2019

“I stated Victoza 8 days ago. When I started Victoza I weight 212 lbs. So far I have lost 10 lbs and I didn't even exercise. I did feel nauseous for the first 2 days, and constipated. Also I have no appetite.”

Thalia289 June 28, 2016

“I've struggled with my weight for years, I am a total binge eater at night. My doctor first brought up Victoza and I was really hesitant to take it (the whole injection thing scared me), but honestly it's not bad at all! You just have to pinch your skin wherever you're administering the medication and you won't feel anything. The needle used is I think a 38g which is SUPER small. No bruising or anything around the site of injection. This is my second week on it, and I've already lost 5lbs. I haven't experienced any side effects, I did get a little nauseous the first two days but it wasn't anything that was so horrible I couldn't continue. I don't have any problems binge eating, it's great! I hope to see more results in the next few weeks!”

Numoi January 28, 2019

“Started Victoza for weight loss July, 2017. Weight 240 at 5'8". Female, age 50. No diabetes but borderline A1C of 5.7 Obese and very physically active (long-distance bicycle tours and commutes) since just after college. Initial side-effects of nausea, fatigue, burping subsided after 2 weeks. After 6 months I had lost 40+ pounds so was under 200lbs for the first time since college. Often had to remind myself to eat. I found that simple carbs in the morning sabotaged the meds. Doctor put me on metformin for additional appetite control. After trying different doses and types what works for me is 1.8 Victoza in the morning and 500mg metformin ER with each meal. Lost another 10 lbs. For the past year my weight has fluctuated from 187-194. It's amazing to not be hungry and not be obese. I'm still 20lbs overweight but A1C down consistently to 5.4 and lipids much better (I also take a statin).”