User Reviews for Victoza

Victoza Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 42 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Victoza to treat Weight Loss

"Today is my first day taking it I went for the 1.8ml took it in the morning before coming to work. It's now 7pm and I've been feeling nauseated, was kind of scared in the beginning but will go through it. Lets see how much I loose and will keep you all posted :)"

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

"I'm non diabetic but have hypothyroidism. My Dr. Suggested victoza for the weight loss which was gained due to thyroid. I started victoza 0.6mg on 25/7/18 then increased the dosage to 1.2mg from 31/7/18. Yes significant loss of appetite. My weight is not coming off yes but I can see some difference when I look into the mirror in terms of inch loss. I have been an athlete so exercise and weight training is something which I regularly do and also have an average diet plan with proteins. Was just waiting and wondering about when can I see a proper weight loss on the measuring scale. But I'm confident it will soon..."

NM (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

"I have been using victoza for one month so far. I've increased gradually to 1.8 now . I have not experience any side effects except some tiredness. Sugar level is controlled . No weight loss so far and I believe lack of exercise contributed to this. I am continuing hoping to lose some weight. Dr. Will decide after more two months - if no weight loss will revert to my previous tabs . Will wait and see"

Maggie August 5, 2018

"I started Victoza 07/17/2018 with 0.6 for about 4 days. After a couple of weeks, I gradually increased to 1.8. I barely eat due to the decrease in my appetite. The nausea isn't as bad as it was when I first started, but I still have a little. I lost 3 pounds within the first few days. I like the medication so far. No serious side effects besides nausea."

mspaula702 (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

"I started Victoza, 0.6mg, only 3 days ago. I immediately felt nauseated, weak and had no appetite. I did not want to eat, I could scarcely make myself eat. On day 4, before, I had taken my 4th dose, I got severe lower abdominal pain, burning diarrhea. I felt very ill and sat on the toilet all day. I took prilosec, imodium, sip only of water and felt really horrible. I will speak with my doctor about this but I will not take this medication again."

Laurie (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

"Started on Victoza the beginning of June/18 - nausea was terrible for the first couple of weeks -have gradually moved up to 1.8 this week. Weight seemed to come off fairly quickly the first couple of weeks but now slowing down -total of about 15 lbs. I’ve noticed as well that my body shape is changing. Drug is expensive and not covered by my insurance but I’m going to try to continue. Would love to lose another 15."

Cheryls48 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

"Victoza. Started 0.6 for one week then upped to 1.2 for last 8 weeks . Combined with metformin and thyroid (ndt). I inject last thing at night. Lost nothing the first week, then 1lb a day for the first week on the higher dose, then about 1-2lb per week (minus a gap of 6 days when I was travelling and forgot to bring it and put on 4lb) since then. Lost about 14lbs in total. Never has this happened to me before, so I am very happy. Seems to have stalled a bit now, so may need to up the dose. Side effects: craving for orange juice, eating ice cream (neither of which I had before), heartburn (bad), sweating buckets (horrible. - dripping down the back of my neck), occasional diarrhoea (awful) alternating with constipation (bearable), sleepiness, very mild nausea. All getting better. I'm 65, female, exercise regularly, and eat well (5 years since I have eaten gluten)."

ali_r (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2018

"I started on Victoza June 12th @ .06 - 2 weeks today , no side effects but also no weight loss. My Dr said to call him in a month and see how I was tolerating it and then he would up my dose. I eat the same as I did before - no difference, I'll keep you posted"

adiannas- nana (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

"I started victoza a little under 3 weeks ago and I have lost around 12 pounds. I've been on the 1.2 dose for about a week and I have no negative side effects. I have PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) so weigh tloss has always been a bit slower for me, but this seems so be helping. Before I started victoza I had to eat under 20 carbs a day and exercise a lot to get the scale to budge at all. Now I'm just limiting my calories to under 1200 a day and going for daily walks. My weight isn't melting off like some people experience on this drug, but it's definitely helping me."

Reviewer13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

"I used victoza for type 2 diabetes but I will not talk about that. Victoza helped me to lose 20+ kilograms in very short time( two months). First month the drug will make you hate food and hating eating a lot, but then I start losing weight magically because I learned to eat less with the help of victoza . Moreover, victoza lowered my blood sugar to normal (~100 in the morning) after the third use."

Afvb1909 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2018

"I started Victoza 1.8ml dose on 5/22. 5 days later I have lost 10 lbs. A little nausea and stomach ache but nothing I can't handle. I have absolutely no appetite and to desire for food. Love Victoza so far."

Momof5 (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

"Victoza did wonders for me; not only helped aided in weight loss but has me feeling super energized during the day. Overall I'm pleased with Victoza. Noticed slight nausea during my trial period but that's subsided after about 5 days of usage. My appetite has significantly reduced and made it easy for me to eat clean (mostly plant based meals and lots of H20..NO gluten or dairy). I've lost a total of 15 lbs in 3 weeks along with regular exercise and diet. Victoza is truly amazing:-)"

Fabulous_Scorpio01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2018

"The plunger on the Victoza pen is not reliable. I have been using this medication for over a year and so far I have had to discard three pens because they are rejects. Not to mention the cost of replacement. I have taken the pens to the pharmacist and they can not get the pens to function either. As there are no representatives on the road it’s a dead end. I am going to ask my doctor for an alternative medication as this drug applicator is not reliable. Trust this feedback is a heads up for other users."

Lala April 8, 2018

"I started 3/26 and it is day 3 and I have had to force myself to eat. I am overly fatigued. But as a truck driver I really need to get my weight under control . I will keep you all posted! Good luck"

Truck driver (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

"The first time I took Victoza I was 53, 60 lbs overweight and lost 8 lbs quickly then it dropped off to 1/2 lb a week. I was disappointed so I quit taking it. I'm now 55 and am 75 lbs overweight. What I found was that by NOT taking it, I was gaining 1/2 to 3/4 lb every week. I've been back on it for about 6 weeks and have lost 14 pounds. I am consistently losing 2.5 lbs a week. Not as much as I would like, but as long as I'm not gaining weight, I'm happy. I started off with 0.6 dosage at night before bed and when I wasn't feeling nausea, I clicked it up by one notch. I'm now at 1.8 dosage and doing well. I find the cravings have completely disappeared and I eat 1/2 as much as I used to (and I never though I over ate to begin with). I still have 60 lbs to go, but I'm hopeful I will finally get this weight off."

GoingthruMenopause (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

"I have been using this drug for over 6 months.I would like to see a more reliable plunger/ needle. I have found the plunger jams and it’s very upsetting to have to stab yourself mutiple times.I have taken the plunger to my pharmacy and they have attached a larger needle and eventually we get the plunger operable."

Lana (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2018

"I was above my recommended weight since my childhood after I got my periods. years after years I accepted that I'll remain like this forever little I know the side effects of being overweight. Somehow I got married but faced problems in my marriage due to my weight so book an appointment for my endo. She prescribed me this medicine. I have been taking this medicine for last 3 days and so far so good. Except nausea all looks good. I hope everything will be fine the way it turned out for you guys :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

"Side effects are better, have increased to .08 once a day, have lost 9# since 1/27/18 very pleased with results."

Irene March 13, 2018

"Since I've been on victoza as 2/5/18, my symptoms have been mild, I have experience constipation and very bad heartburn and tiredness & mild headaches. I'm not sure if I need to complain but it's a little irritating. But my appetite has decreased my blood sugar numbers are down."

Nikki (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

"I started victoza at a dose 0.6 on 1/27/18. Some side effects nausea and burping, anyone have any suggestion for this or certain foods to eat. I'm pleased with my results so far have not increased dose yet.It really curbs your appetite. I went off of it for a couple of days and appetite increased tremendously."

Irene (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

"Started Victoza on Jan 28/18 1 week at 0.6 second week 1.2 third week 1.8 and started 3.0 today. I had some headache and fatigue the first week but pressed on. I take it at 8pm thinking if I was to have any side effects I would sleep them off. Seems to be successful. I find my appetite hasn't changed and haven't noticed a difference in my weight. I'm taking Victoza to help with my A1C levels, 6.4 which is leading me closer to being diabetic but I have struggled with weight. I've been turned away from gastric bypass twice because I'm apparently on the lower end of the weight scale. I've completely changed my eating habits, went vegan and exercise daily. But nothing changes. I'm extremely frustrated. How long do you have to be on this to notice if its working? I started 3.0ml today hoping that with a steady increase and I've actually made it to 3.0ml the weight loss will start to happen. Just tired of the struggle. Any thoughts??"

Alchemist_hunter February 26, 2018

"I started Victoza on 02/09/2017 0.6 and I’m down 7 lbs . I had a really bad headache all day about the second day but the next day I was fine . I’m now on 1.2 ! I’m a big snacker especially at night. Well all day I work in a office and I sit down for 10 hours a day so all I did was snack on unhealthy snacks last which caused my sugar to be through the roof but I’m happy I’m on Victoza"

Tiffany B (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2018

"Checking in with update: 5 weeks in and I’m down 24 pounds. Dosing at 1.8mg the max administered by the pen. Using bd ultrafine 4mm needles and they are very comfortable. Effective drug for me. Nausea over, appetite largely curbed and really striving for spending calories with more nutrition in mind. Riding stationary bike for about 10 minutes a Day too. Have noted I have more energy as well. Hope the trend continues."

Mark-air (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2018

"I started taking victoza for weight loss 3 weeks ago. I have not experienced any side effects other than severe heartburn - likes it wakes me up heartburn. I have been taking tums and the occasional Zantac. I am a little disappointed in the weight loss aspect. I have only lost 3lbs but I do have to say my appetite is much less. I’m not grazing all day and I’m trying to eat better foods. I am going to continue in hopes that my weight loss continues at a faster pace."

Rachelc1014 (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2018

"So far so good. On my 1st week. I've definitely noticed a significant decrease in my appetite as well as my overall wellbeing. I've tried numerous times to lose weight and failed, I have faith in Victoza and looking forward to results. Keep you posted on my progress soon. Good luck everyone:)"

Chrissy84 (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2018