User Reviews for Lifitegrast ophthalmic

Dry Eye Disease
4.3

Summary of Lifitegrast reviews 4.9 92 reviews

Reviews for Lifitegrast

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "The only reason I was prescribed Xiidra was because my insurance changed and my new insurance wouldn't cover Restasis, which worked well. Xiidra was the only approved option. I tried this drug for THREE MONTHS hoping my eyes would adjust. These drops hurt every single time - burned, turned red, and hurt. Never again."

Don'tLikeXiidra (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I didn't use this as regularly as I should at first because my vision was blurry for at least 30 minutes after I put the drops in my eye. I decided to use them religiously at night right before I went to sleep. I noticed no difference the first two weeks. Starting the third week, I woke up with my eyes so crusty I could hardly open them. I had to cover my eyes with a hot cloth to clean them. This happened four mornings in a row. I stopped using the drops, and it immediately went away. I really wish I could find something to help, but this most definitely is not it. No wonder the manufacturer is practically giving it away."

kallie (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "Horrible drug. I used it for nine months with all the problems it caused other users. I now may have melanoma in my left eye nevia. I will find out for sure about the cancer in two months. Since this is rare, I am thinking it may be due to using Xiidra. It seems to have a lot of terrible side affects. Doctors should stop suggesting it for their patients."

Evie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 10, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "For a coupe of years I suffered with dry eye. it was to the point where I was waking up with my lids glued to my eyeballs adding copious drops in the hope that it would help lube the eyes without damaging my corneas in trying to open them. I tried plugs but they were expensive and not covered by insurance. They would help a bit but not completely. My doctor recommended trying Xiidra when it first hit the market. I tried it for two months. I had one $10 month promo plus I had met my deductible a month before the plan rolled over so I was able to obtain a second script free. After that the cost was too high so I had to quit. During the time I took it the results were remarkable. My dry eye problems disappeared a month after starting and the effects lasted a long time after I finished the prescription. I have been back on it for a couple of months now and it does help though not as much as before."

SuzyBlue November 7, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "The eye dr had me take Xiidra. I took it for a week using it in each eye. My eyes were watering so much with dry eyes. Then the drops started stinging my eyes so bad and my vision was so blurry. I decided to stop using the drops."

St (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "After YEARS of intense eye pain, I had tried everything, including two surgeries. Am I crazy about the burning? No. I do get the bad taste in my mouth after a bit, but it is better than the eye pain. I really had no choice. I can now go to the movies, and I seldom use any other eye drops - I probably should, but I actually forget that I need to. Not perfect, but it is the best that I have been in years."

Dee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "Xiidra burns so much but seem to work starting 7 days later. 2 months using it I began having tear duct pain sudden sharp eye pain. When I began my 3rd month I was tearing profusely non stop as well and irritation and eye pain. I stopped using it. It took 1.5 months to stop over tearing. Now I have worse dryness scratchiness pain blurred vision. I can't stand what has happened to my eyes due to the use of xiidra. I don't recommend it"

Abby T. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I started using Xiidra 2 months ago. My doctor instructed me to apply the drops in the morning and at night, which I did. My initial experience was not good - the immediate BURNING, redness, and watering when the drops hit my eyes, crusty eyes in the morning, and the horrible taste in my throat. After a week of these unpleasant side effects, I contacted my doctor’s office and was informed that the side effects would only last up to 3 weeks and then they would go away. I pushed through the pain and after 3 weeks, the burning, redness and watering ceased, the eye mucus was much improved, and the bad taste was milder and occurred only occasionally. This I can handle! Please note that the eye irritation will return if you do not continue taking the drops twice a day."

Mo (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "In preparation for Lasix surgery, I was prescribed Xiidra. My instructions were to take two drops per day... 12 hours apart for two weeks leading up to surgery and then afterward until the doctor was satisfied with healing. After taking two doses (4 drops total), I was nauseated, had slight diarrhea, had a terrible taste in my mouth, and had blurry starry vision in one eye. After taking an additional dose (2 more drops), I went to bed and woke up vomiting with severe diarrhea. I took one more dose in the morning (2 additional drops), and continued to have SEVERE diarrhea. I stopped the drops and called my doctor. I did not take any more drops... and had diarrhea for two more days ... 72 hours total! I am four days out from the onset of all the symptoms and still feel nauseous. Clearly this medication did not work for me."

RL (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "Restatis had no effect other than stinging/burning and using my money. Within a couple of days using Xiidra, noticed a difference. I did experience the blurry vision, bad taste/drainage down back of my throat, minimal burning, white (almost fluorescent-like) discharge. However, I was using almost no daily lubricant eye drops and things were improving so much, that I now use Xiidra only before going to bed. Stinging is minimal now, rarely need eye drops at work, but still have some of the bad taste down my throat, which I alleviate with a soft drink/juice, but totally worth it."

hawksie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "Xiidra burns my eyes so badly for about half an hour after I use it. My eyes are super blurry and red for a couple of hours after use. When I get up in the morning I always look like I have pinkeye, with the redness, watering, and crusty eyes. I also have the horrible taste in my mouth, but it goes away pretty quickly after drinking something. In the morning it burns the worst and my eyes stay puffy all the time. I really don't think I'm going to keep using this medication. It's not worth the side effects."

Redeyes (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I had been on restasis for years with no problems. My dr. gave me a pamphlet which I was supposed to get the xiidra free the 1st month, then $10.00 thereafter. Didn't work. It cost me $95.00. I've used for over 3 months and my eyes stay blurred for up to an hour after instilling. Upon I initial application, they burn and the taste is horrible. My vision after stopping this, is now much more blurred and worse than when I started. I'm glad from the reviews since people have good results; however, I would not recommend from my experience. Now I'm stuck with an expensive product I can't use or get a refund!"

Pookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I tried Xiidra on and off for a couple of months. I thought it might have been helping my dry eye, but also experienced the terrible taste in the back of my throat. I tried the suggestions when putting in drops - closing eyes, pressure on the inner corner, etc. Two nights ago, I put in drops right before bed. The next morning, shortly after waking, I started noticing the terrible taste. Tried several things to get rid of, but it was still there 18 HOURS later. In addition, my stomach was upset all day, including cramps and diarrhea. I think I'll go back to trying to treat it naturally "

Samantha (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "This drug has worked wonders for me. My eyes feel so much less dry and painful. My only side effect has been a mild bad taste in my mouth occasionally. I highly recommend it."

St September 23, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I took xiidra last year for dry eyes. It never really helped. Then I developed horrendous reflux and throat issues. Thought those tiny drops wouldn't do that but stopped anyway. It took 6 months for reflux to get under control. Have not had reflux in months. I restarted xiidra about 2 weeks ago and now I am hoarse again and today have horrible reflux. I can say that xiidra now is definitely the cause."

sjg (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "Burned my eyes. Blurred my vision. Led to a full blown sinus infection. Quit using the drops. Not a good experience."

ann (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I had been on Restasis, and hadn't had any trouble with it, just the occasionally severe dry eyes that comes with Sjogren's Syndrome, when my insurance company, Medicaid, decided to switch me to Xiidra. The burning and stinging was so bad it literally staggered me the first time I used these drops, my eyes hurt like crazy for an hour after and were so blurry I couldn't see. The pain was so bad that I didn't use these drops again for several month. I just made do with OTC drops till I got worse, then tried Xiidra again, determined to push through and give it a couple of months to see if the pain eased up any after awhile. It did not, and I tried getting Restasis again but my insurance won't cover it and it's $1800/month otherwise which is completely undoable for me. So I don't know what I'm going to do now."

Cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "This drug completed saved my life. I had tried EVERYTHING for extremely painful dry eye - Restasis, supplements, warm compress, etc. I honestly didn't have high hopes for Xiidra, but after a week, my eyes didn't bother me anymore. Whereas my eye pain used to run my life, I don't even think about my eyes anymore. Please give it a try- yes, it did sting horribly for the first few days, now I don't feel it when I put them in."

Jan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I love this eye drop. I suffer from severe eye disease. This really has helped me tremendously I’m confused about other posts about side effects? I didn’t suffer from any of them"

Amg (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 7, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "After two weeks I started feeling tears again. I luckily don’t have the nasty taste like others. My only side effect is blurry vision for about 10 minutes and the corners of my eyes itch a little at first. Other than that I am really impressed- except for the price! Wow!"

Rah (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I took Xiidra for nearly three months. I seemed to have constant low grade irritation/pain near the inside corner of my eyes while taking these drops. Eventually I got what my doctor thinks is a tear duct infection, where my left eye was bloodshot, painful and swollen for about a week. The pain/pressure was so bad that I had to take 800mg Ibuprofen 4-5x a day and would wake up in the middle of the night. I've never once had something like this before taking these drops. I'm sure this isn't a common issue (not trying to scare anyone away), but this along with the lack of improvement of my dry eye caused me to stop taking these."

NickS (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I started using Xiidra several months ago after suffering with eye problems for a few years. My eye doctor finally suggested Restaisis but it was not covered on my insurance yet the newer drug was. I noticed improvement within a week after starting the drops. And for a few months it was like my eyes were brand new. They'd not been so good in a long time. I was very pleased. However about a month ago I noticed that my eyes were occasionally bothering me again. Nothing as bad as before but enough to make me think the drops were not as effective either. It's been a gradual thing but I have to say that now I'm not sure if they will be helpful in the long run. I was wondering if others have noticed good results at first but then finding the medicine gradually not working as well."

Norm (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I was on Restasis for over 10 years and my new insurance refused to continue to pay for it. Without any eye drop I felt like there is always sand in my eyes and making tears was non existant. They would pay for Xiidra so I tried it. I also take fish oil and flax seed oil as well as using Thera-tears. When any eye drops are stored in the refrigerator the burning is less. I tried Xiidra for 2 weeks and the side effect were too much for me to continue. The burning was too much from Xiidra and I can only say it was like perhaps battery acid. I had 3 hours of blurry vision after using Xiidra and the taste was horrible. I cannot use Xiidra and only wish I could go back to Restasis....My eyesight is everything to me and I will not risk these side effects because I do not know what would happen long term....."

Joanne (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have been using xiidra for about a month and a half. I noticed improvement immediately but alas I am right back where I started. The positive results were short lived and the cost is prohibitive especially for someone on a fixed income."

San (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have been on Xiidra for about a year now. I tried everything, OTC drops, fish oil, flax oil, zpacs, warm compress, lid scrubs, taping my eyes shut, eye ointments. I have been on lotimax so long that I developed an allergy to it. Then my doctor gave me a prescription for Xiidra. I had triple vision from the scar tissue. The top two lines on the eye chart were barely visible and what I saw looked like Egyptian hieroglyphs. My eyes hurt, constantly. It felt like I had boulders in my eyes. Every morning was unbearable, my eyes felt like bandages being ripped off just from opening my eyes. After about two months, I could open my eyes without pain. Dry eye was disabling and stealing my vision. Xiidra saved my vision and has provided much needed relief. Xiidra tastes like battery acid, feels like it to! I wouldn’t be able to see today if I didn’t have Xiidra. I do highly recommend staying strong and push through the side effects, in the end it worth it."

K C (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2018