User Reviews for Lifitegrast

Dry Eye Disease
4.4

Summary of Lifitegrast reviews 5.1 40 reviews

Reviews for Lifitegrast

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "After using Xiidra for a couple of weeks, my dry eyes felt great...better than anything before. Of course I was warned about the bad taste of Xiidra but what I didn't expect was the horrible cough and hoarseness to my voice. After determining it was the drops contributing to this cough and voice change and NOT allergies or a cold, I was torn because my eyes felt much better. At the advice of my Dr., I started putting pressure in the corners of my eyes so they didn't drain down as much. This did not help and my cough and voice change got much worse. I've since stopped the Xiidra and seen an ENT. He couldn't say for sure that the drops caused my issues BUT did say if they can change your taste then they are definitely effecting other things in your throat. I, 100% believe they are the cause to my throat issues. I gave it a 3 out of 10 rating because they did help my eyes BUT not worth dealing with my bothersome cough and voice change."

MAGreen June 18, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I had high hopes for Xiidria. The drops did produce tears which made my eyes feel better. However, they also gave me an unbearable headache. I also experienced burning in my nose and throat. The headache, however, was absolutely the worst. I cannot continue to take Xiidria. I am so disappointed and I still have no solution for my painful dry eyes. I will ask my Dr to try to get Restasis approved by my insurance company. Has anyone had good results without side effects with Restasis?"

Freida (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "Restasis became too expensive so I tried Xiidra. After just a few days, less than 1 week, I began to have headaches & felt tired & sick. My eyes dripped sticky tears constantly & I felt like I had a very bad sinus infection. The bridge of my nose, at the corner of each eye, was very tender & slightly swollen & itchy. It has taken 4 days to start to feel better & for symptoms to subside. Going back to Restasis & pay the higher price."

Lara (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I received a free trial from my eye Dr and mentioned to him the bad taste in the back of my throat that others have mentioned. He suggested pinching the very top of my nose where my eyes meet the nose for about 30 seconds immediately after putting the drops in my eyes. Completely solved the bad taste problem as it allows the drops to get absorbed through the eye before they drain down to the back of the throat. Eyes feel great."

JRow (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "After 3 months of no relief on Restasis, I was prescribed Xiidra by my ophthalmologist for chronic dry eye. Almost immediately, my eyes felt great! No more gritty feeling every day. I was advised that there would be some burning after application and metallic taste which has been ongoing. I also get crustiness in both eyes when I wake up every morning but these are mild annoyances compared to the suffering I experienced 24/7 before. The only reason I can't give Xiidra a higher rating is that after 2 weeks on it, I'm waking up with red, puffy eyes and irritation (itching) under my eyes and around my eyelids. It's getting to the point that I'm now considering going off these drops. (Am I allergic to them?) Too bad because it was the only drops that worked for my dry eye, otherwise. Oh, and the cost of these drops is ridiculously expensive, even with the coupons my doctor gave to me. What's up with that????"

JPR (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I just started xiidra 5 days ago. For past 3 days thought I had stomach flu. Nausea and stomach cramps feeling like diarrhea is coming on. This morning I awoke at 3 am to go to bathroom. I felt great. I went back to bed and used xiidra drops before laying back down within 5 minutes I felt awful. I was spitting out the drainage and used eyewash and started to feel better. When I woke again 4 hours later I'm fine again. I have been feeling so sick I don't really know if drops are working or not. Not sure if I can continue using or not. I googled this and does seem to be a thing although doesn't tell these symptoms when I only googled xiidra side effects. Anyone else experience these symptoms?"

Cotton May 25, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "Experienced extreme acid reflux after one week of using Xiidra. Took a 14 day course of omeprazole to correct it. My esophagus was bathed in acid and I had lots of nausea. My doc and the pharmacist both said they had never heard of this reaction. After the course of omeprazole I tried the Xiidra again and the feed came back. I guess Xiidra isn’t for me."

Shermokitty (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "Approx 8 weeks after doing a Lasik Plus surgery on both eyes, I was still not satisified with the outcome. The doctor told me to wait another 6 weeks before coming back to see him. He prescribed Xiidra and offered me a free coupon I tipped off my shoes when I realized that it would have cost me $500 for 1 month worth of drops!!! Anyways, I started off using Xiidra as prescribed; Although I did have a slight sting sensation, a little after taste and a bit of a blurry vision which only lasts 3 minutes at the most, the drops were absolutely tolerable. Results; my vision has considerably improved into the week I started putting on these drops. I now see less glare at night and can definitely read better from a distance and from close up as well. The product is pricy but well worth it"

Charles (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have dry eyes and was using Restasis, which did nothing. Xiidra has worked miracles for me & I have no dry eyes any longer. Reading through the reviews, I'll provide some comments. Irritating eye sensation? Yes, but it goes away after a few minutes once the drug works & eyes start to produce tears. Restasis irritated my eyes, too, and that irritation never went away since it didn't cause my eyes to create tears. Taste in the back of your throat? All eye drops go down through your tear ducts into your throat (gravity). As that happens, you might feel & taste it. I noticed this same thing with every other eye drop. Excessive tearing - that's because the drug is causing your eyes to produce tears which is what it's supposed to do. The more tears you produce the better it's working for you. It's easy enough to wipe the tears out of your eyes - just remember that means the drug is doing what you paid for - creating tears!"

J (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "Side effects from Xiidra are pain behind eyeball (pressure), dull headache, dizzy, fuzzy vision, throat coughing and drainage back of throat. This is for a very expensive lesson stopped. I will ask others what they use then try again. Tried a couple of days. It was to much made me jittery."

wick (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease: "I started having dry eyes about Aug 2017. Diagnosed and started Xiidra about Dec of that year. Compared to other eye drops, Xiidra gave relief almost the same day. Now about 5 months with regular use 1 drop/day each eye: it is still helpful. Oddly I get Dry eyes about 2-3 hours after drops. Have used Celluvixsc in between Xiidra. Cannot understand, despite many hours of research what and How Xiidra works… esp beyond 1 year. Even more important what is long term cause and solution? Auto Immune suppression or enhancement? Have appt with Endocrinologist to determine."

Bob (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for : "I have red and itchy eyes most of the day so optometrist gave me a sample of Xiidra. I used two vials as prescribed and after the second vial, I have noticed a strange taste and mild irritation in my throat that has not gone away since putting the drops in my eyes last night. I will not use this product again and will call the optometrist to let him know how I have reacted to Xiidra. I also do not see any change in the redness of my eyes. Obviously this product is not for me."

bhuff (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I was using Restasis and had relief from my dry eyes, but my doctor suggested using Xiidra since it would be more effective. Along with the burning, stinging and aftertaste I noticed my eyes started to itch. I thought that maybe it was due to the dry air from the winter months but now that it's Spring that isn't an issue. My eye lids are dry, flaky, itchy, red and swollen. It seems like an allergic reaction. I've stopped taking Xiidra and will be going back to Restasis."

CTdryeyegirl (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I'm so glad I read these comments. I've been on these drops for about one week. I have noticed a big improvement. The pain of dry eyes is gone. I have noticed a bad taste in the back of my throat. Almost like a bitter pill taste. I had no idea it was related to the use of these drops. I have Sjogrens. Even with the bad taste, I'll continue on with them."

Tia (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I used Xiidra for the first time last night and my eyes hurt so much because of the sting. My vision was blurry and in general I went to sleep with a very uncomfortable feeling. When I woke up this morning both eyes were red and stingy. I applied again this morning and it was very bad. I am afraid that if I continue using it, it could damage my eyes. I will not continue, and will continue with Restasis. Better safe than sorry. It was really painful to apply Xiidra."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have been taking this for a week. I am not going to take it anymore! My vision seems worse. I can’t get rid of the burning in my eyes and throat . The after taste burns and makes me sick to my stomach. My eyes feel worse. I am so aggravated and upset that a surgeon recommended this. I had lasik done and I feel like I will never get my good vision back like I had with glasses. Most horrible experience ever. :’("

Lmkdz2 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have tried xiidra for 1 week after a long period of getting preauthorization approval required by my insurance (Medicare and Bcbs). I stopped it today to see if symptoms would go away. Although eyes could handle drops (sting) and dry eye improved, the taste remained a long time and I feared I was ingesting the drops because I had a loss of appetite and nausea and was headachy. I will report to my doctors next week."

Sandy (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "Started xiidra mid February within 3 weeks hair started shedding. Just thought it was a normal thing until it kept happening when I brush or wash hair or even just walking around my hair is constantly shedding. After 9 weeks and problem worsened, I quit using the drops. That was 2 weeks ago. My hair is less than half what it was before starting. I have called a doctor for a consult on what I can do. I'm worried it won't stop coming out. Yesterday a lot came out."

TT (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I used Restasis in the past, but was not consistent with using, so I really don’t know if it helped my dry eyes. My ophthalmologist suggested Xiidra yesterday for my severe dry eyes. I have only used it once in each eye. My first reaction was it really burns. I also noticed the after-taste a bit later. By the end of the night, my vision was so bad, I considered calling an Uber driver. I washed my contacts with water before leaving work, and that appeared to remove the film that was compromising my vision. As I already have some autoimmune issues and the scare I felt from literally not being able to see, I will not be using this drug again. Calling the ophthalmologist office tomorrow to start back on Restasis."

Sassie (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "Recommend by my eye doctor, free samples upon visit and it worked good. Then had the prescription filled at pharmacy. Ridiculous price (my insurance would not allow it on the EXPENSIVE plan I am on).... seriously it was $1,000 a MONTH!!! Pharmacy was very helpful to get me a coupon. First month (30 vials) was FREE.... then $150 next month month, $250 next month and $350 next month (I stopped after the $250.....). Crazy! New insurance in 2018 and Xiidra NOT covered. Eye doctor assistant got in touch with Xiidra and they worked with my insurance company for weeks to see if it could be covered. Result: yes, insurance would cover it for $500 a month.... RIDICULOUS! Saw OTC drops at CVS - Retaine. They work GREAT and for $20 a month."

Tickletickle April 17, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "very very bad reaction eyes burning red itchy I have used restasis for years and wanted to try something new. This drug made my eyes so sore and red even the next day I will take the loss and never use this again"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I had Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) eye surgery in September and since then I have dry eye - my vision is awful. I was prescribed xiidra and I feel like my vision has gotten even worse. So for $250 I paid for my vision to get worse."

nicole (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "Only a few days in so I can not speak to long term benefits yet. The eye drops burn when you first administer them but it is not terrible. I also have a very bad taste in the back of my throat after using them. Usage is twice a day, every twelve hours. I had a coupon that made this box free. I will say this is not something that I would pay a lot out of pocket for."

Anonymous April 15, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "I love Xiidra for my Sjogren’s (Primary). What is a problem is that it affects your eyelashes and mine are falling out. It also leaves residual particulate around your eyes and it can get crusty and salt-like."

Jeri (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

Xiidra (lifitegrast) for Dry Eye Disease: "These drops gave me blurred vision, a horrible headache. Made my eyes water and my cheeks hurt. I only took it four times. The headache took two days to go away. The side effects list is long"

Diane (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2018