User Reviews for Plan B

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Plan B.

Emergency Contraception
8.7

Summary of Plan B reviews 8.7 856 reviews

Reviews for Plan B

For Emergency Contraception "I told myself I would review this pill if it worked. I was freaking out because it was my first time taking the pill and first time a condom ever broke on me. The time it broke was near my ovulation date too. I was trying not to freak out but my symptoms didn’t match too many people on here. A week and a half before my expected period my breasts became swollen and tender (much more than usual) and my nipples were extremely sensitive. I was breaking out like crazy too. I’m not sure why I had such intense side effects, maybe because I’m just over 100 lbs. My period ended coming a couple days earlier than expected thankfully :)"

Notprego December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex the night I was ovulating, which I was not aware of at the time. Even though my boyfriend pulled out, he still got some inside of me. I took plan b about 25 hours after. My period was about 5 days late before it actually came. Plan b works just remember to be careful during intercourse as no one wants to be in the position thinking they're pregnant."

jaudnloks November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex the night of the day I apparently was ovulating (didn’t “know”, didn’t check my period calendar. the period calendar is pretty accurate with keeping track). I took Plan B within 10-12 hours (the next morning). My period was expected to come 2 weeks from that day, and I got my period 3 days before it was expected to come. Plan B is definitely something I would recommend if you are worried about getting pregnant"

sweetie_alexx November 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took plan b within 24 hours after unprotected sex. A few weeks later I got side effects that I figured were from the pill, but they were similar to pregnancy symptoms as well. I didn’t stress about it much, then when my period was late I figured it was another side effect. 10 days of my period being Iate and finally took a test, positive. I got pregnant even though I took plan b within the 24 hour span. Maybe I was ovulating too closely. I think this medication does NOT work if you’re ovulating or about to ovulate. Keep that in mind."

Lilliesandcallas (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Last month my girlfriend has taken a plan b bill because we had an accident. The first first thing that morning we went to CVS and got one (about 8-10 hours after the accident). We were scared to death, but I promise, if you take it ASAP after the accident you have a 95% of it working (at least 24 hrs later). We did it a little bit before her cycle and a week after taking the pill she had her period. The pill does work. Just trust modern medicine!"

Anonymous November 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Took a plan b about 1 hour after unprotected sex. About 15 minutes after taking it I had cramps not sure if it had anything to do with the pill. I read reviews about how women said that after taking plan b their periods changed drastically and they bled heavier and for more days. Usually my periods last 4 days and I'm a light bleeder. I got my period last week and nothing changed. Very positive experience for me."

Kimberly Reznikov (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I am in my early 30s and took Plan B after the condom slipped off. I took the pill about 1 hr after the incident. About 5 days after I took the pill, I started to experience a dark brown gooey discharge and this continued for about 5 days until I got my period (which was on time!). According to google, this discharge is normal but at the time, I was not sure if it was my actual period. I am 5'2 and about 100lbs. For about 7 days after I took Plan B, I was a complete emotional wreck because of the blast of hormones. Side effects for me included depression, extreme fatigue, and a tingling sensation in my face. Overall ladies, trust this medicine! And try to relax and keep calm :)"

Anonymous November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I am a 18 year old girl that made a stupid mistake. My boyfriend and I never have unprotected sex but on November 3rd we did. I got my period October 28 and I was just finishing up my period the day we had unprotected sex. We ran to get plan b about an hour after that accident. I googled everything about plan b and I saw that apparently there is a 165 pound weight limit and I am really scared cause I'm over that. "

xooooooo November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Worked all three times for me!!!"

Cole225 November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I was extremely worried the first day I took the pill, so I wanted to ease the worry of others (: I took plan b on October 19th at like a hour & a half after the condom slipped off. I was even more worried because I was around my ovulation. My symptoms lasted for like a week & it was only mild cramping, EXTREME hunger, & a little weight gain/ bloating. I didn’t experience any bleeding that was caused by the pill. I got my period exactly on time (October 31st) & I know it wasn’t bleeding from the pill because it was really terrible cramping & heavy just like how all my periods are. My period is ending so I took a pregnancy test & it came back negative (: DONT STRESS. Stressing will only delay your period & make you even more worried!"

<3 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I am 31 about 145 lbs and have used it 3 times. Twice, when I was on bc but had forgotten a pill during my 20's and once when I was 30 and not on bc. It worked the 1st 2 times, with mild PMS like symptoms and heavier period. The 3rd time, I took it, I had unprotected sex and realized in horror, right after, that I was in my fertile period. I rushed to the pharmacy and took Plan B within the hour. With my prior success, I thought I would be ok. I had a bit of spotting a week later, and since one of the prior times I had early spotting, I thought nothing of it, nor of the tender breasts right before my period. Only after I was starving, and late did I take a test-I was pregnant. I had pains until I had a termination and a cyst after. CONDOMS."

Bluphoenix (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill in September of 2017 it broke my skin out soooo bad! I went to the doctor and they stated you have to let it go away on its own. Well that takes about 2 months and then it leaves you with dark spots all over your body. I tried every skin cream to get it to go away but Bathe with Ambi soap ($1.58) and get the Ambi Skin Cream for about $4 at walmart. My spots are disappearing fast and do not use this again."

Jahniqua (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took this about 7 hours after unprotected sex and was really nervous about it not working because I read something online about this not being effective for people weighing 175lb+ DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS. If you take this within 72 hours you will be fine. I had cramps and was nauseous for the day after I took it (my body is not used to these hormones) and other than that, I started my period about a week earlier than I was expecting."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "It worked for me! I had my period on October 13th. I then had unprotected sex October 22nd. We didn’t use a condom, and I wasn’t on birth control. This was my first time. He pulled out, but came on my inner thigh. I wasn’t sure if he pulled out in time so I bought myself a plan b. I was freaking out! Don’t stress ladies! The sooner you take the pill, the better it works. Must be within 72 hours of having sex. I took mine 2 hours later. Your period could come extremely early, normal, or late with this pill. Today I received my period. Extremely early, October 29th. Just a week after having intercourse. Be careful, and trust the pill."

Skyya99 (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I promised that when I found out I would share my experience. I started my period on October 5th and had unprotected sex on October 19th. I was on no other sort of BC and we didn’t use a condom. He claim he pulled out in time but just in case I took a Plan B right away. Couldn’t have been more than 30 mins later. Just got my period today, October 27 and I’m so thankful! Plan B works ladies! Just take it as soon as possible and don’t freak out! Trust modern medicine!"

KK701996 October 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Plan B did work but I took plan b because I was on the patch it was my week off and me and my boyfriend used protection but unfortunately the condom broke .. in a scare went and purchased plan b about 40+ hours later took it. I felt nausea and cramps - nothing unbearable. My cycle came few days early but when it was my next month cycle it took a little longer than expected it came a few days late in this process did take 2 tests to ensure a negative result. But I finally received my cycle. If u do not have to take it DON'T but its your choice. Don't rely on this pill as it also has bad side effects but continue birth control if you are on it and becareful never know what can happen.. Walmart for $46"

What a trip October 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I promised myself that I would leave a review when my period came on. I believe this is the 4th time that Plan B has worked for me. Had unprotected sex on the 8th of Oct and my bf finished inside of me. Took Plan B less than 30 mins after, I had nausea and one episode of vomiting three days later. My period was due on the 25th and it came right on time. I read all reviews and kept my cool all while trying to remain as stress free as possible which I think helped. Also, the accident happened the day before my ovulation day so I was very fertile and it still worked. Take the pill as soon as possible, the earlier the better and try not to stress yourself out. Best of luck to anyone reading this."

NS88 (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "My partner and I had protected sex just, and the condom and everything was fine - He doesn't ejaculate inside of me as I'm tremendously paranoid. But when he pulled the condom off. So I decided to take Plan B. According to my period app I was five days late, but my period isn't completely regular throughout the months. I guess I'm still a bit anxious about the situation and have been overly-observant. Now I notice stringy pieces along with my menstrual blood and I'm not sure if it's uterine lining, or if something went wrong. I'm planning on taking a pregnancy test in about a week, just to make sure as everything happened about 8 days ago."

Anonymous October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex on September 9th, and took Plan B six hours later. I have hormonal imbalances in the first place so the side effects made me hella exhausted and hungry. However, after the longest two weeks of my life, scrolling through this website and driving myself insane, I got my period this morning! Trust me, this pill works. I know it's hard but try not to worry, or at least take your mind off it and let it do its work. At the end of the day, a $40 pill is way less expensive than a child."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I have taken the Plan B pill on two seperate occasions in 2015 and 2017, both times the pill was taken after contraception failure (condom breaking) during charted fertility window. I have given the pill a 5/10 review as I have had two contradictory experiences. 2015: Plan B taken 8 hours after contraception failure during fertile window. ~5 days after taking the medication, bleeding resembling the flow and duration of a period occurred. No other symptoms noted. Induced period came approximately 1.5 weeks early. Not pregnant. 2017: Plan B taken 30 minutes after contraception failure during fertile window. Sore breasts and bloating within a week of taking the medication. Missed period. Pregnancy confirmed by store test and physician."

Bella93 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "So I had unprotected sex a month ago (September) & my period ended about 4 days before so I took a plan B pill about 18 hours after having sex & let’s just say I’m worried because I still don’t get my period"

Yuhh (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "As I posted last September 25, 2017 being worried of getting pregnant coz I took the pill during my ovulation day and do our lovemaking again the next day. Well, Plan B saves me. I'm not pregnant. I don't feel any side effects.My period came on the same day as I expected and complete the 4 days cycle, its lighter than my usual menstruation but I did not have bad cramps, headache and dizziness. Everything is fine. And Plan B really works. Girls don't panic just take it as early as possible wait and relax. Be smart and be safe."

B24 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I was super nervous cause I thought I was pregnant. I hooked up with a guy and he just pulled out. I took the pill about 4 hours after. I was nervous for the rest of the week and then I got my period. Try not to be too nervous!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took it yesterday after our little "oops" and had waited a little over 24 hrs before taking it. Woke up this morning with a terrible yeast infection. So far not all that great but I guess I'll figure out if it worked sooner rather than later."

Ilovetremaine01 October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I just wanna add to what everyone else is suggesting if you take this within 72 hrs It Really Does Work & Just Breathe !! I can't stress that enough! I took this pill 25 hours after intimacy & was scared to death for like 2 weeks! The nausea side effect was lasting more than the 5 days it read on the paper or maybe I just freaked myself out.. However it's always good to practice forms of protection. But I am totally happy. Menstruation came very early for me as well. Best menstrual day ever lol lol !!!"

Nausea October 3, 2017