User Reviews for Plan B

Emergency Contraception 796 reviews 19 medications

8.7
Summary of Plan B reviews 796 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Plan B

For Emergency Contraception "I am 31 years old. 5' 3" and 140 pounds. I have a 26 day cycle and had sex on day 16 (which was supposedly my last fertile day according to my tracker). The condom slipped off and didn't realized until after ejaculation had taken place. Some of the semen was deposited into the condom but did not want to take that chance. I took the pill one hour after and the second dose 12 hours later. I started having symptoms about 4 days after taking it, I had an extreme amount of white discharge, my mood at first was very aggressive and a full week into it I started crying for everything which was extremely annoying. I for sure thought I was pregnant. Had a few cramps and some breast tenderness. My period came right on time. I hope my review will ease someone's mind"

Worked for me! (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I won't say don't stress, because its inevitable and all I did for the last 2 weeks was google, google, and GOOGLE. On august 4th, I had sex with my boyfriend and it got carried away really quick, he came inside of me with no protection (stupid, I know) and he said he thought pulled out, but I was leaking heavily with his semen. We went to the drugstore 3 hours later and got plan b. I took it right away and the only side effects were nausea and bloating. I woke up today and felt really off, so I went to the bathroom and I have never been more happier to know that my underwear was bright red and filled with blood. My period was supposed to arrive on the 17th but its early. (: be calm and let the pill do its job! I promise you'll be okay!"

123happy August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "It's worked! I took it within 72 hours. Don't stress yourself out it will take longer for the pill to work. You have to eat. Keep your everyday routine."

Lulu Liz (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "BE PATIENT THIS STUFF WORKS!!! I had used a condom and unfortunately it broke. He didn't finish in me, but I was worried about pre cum so I started freaking out. I took Plan B 8-9 hours later and only felt tired and nauseous the first 2 days. I convinced myself I was pregnant. I started reading everything and freaked out because I'm not within the weight limit, so I was convinced it wouldn't work. Ladies, don't worry about that!! It will work!! just calm down and stop reading everything. It'll just freak you out even more. 9 days after taking it, I got my period. The waiting is the worst part but it'll be okay!!"

Anonymous August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I wanted to warn others of my experience. I have used plan B before and nothing happened probably because I wasn't ovulating. On April 11 I ovulated and had sex, 4 days later I took plan B. I know this is not how you're supposed to do it entirely but I've heard of you're already pregnant it doesn't affect anything. A month later I found out I was pregnant and it was an ectopic. I've never had an ectopic pregnancy before and I have a child so I can carry a full term baby. It's just a thought but I think plan B caused my ectopic."

MamaV619 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I were having intercourse and he did pull out but he ejaculated on my vulva. So 6 hours later I took the plan b pill and I realized we had intercourse 2 days before I was supposed to ovulate. I was super nervous because I read that it didn't work for other people but I was supposed to have my period August 7th and now it's here 3 days early, August 4th. I didn't have a lot of symptoms except headaches, nausea, sore nipples and lots of thick white discharge. I didn't experience symptoms until like a week or two after I took it. My period is really heavy and I have terrible cramps and a lot of blood clots too but it's not more than I usually get. But be patient it'll work."

TerriBlynn August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had protected sex 2 days ago but the condom broke as soon as my boyfriend pulled out. Some of it got on my leg and he freaked out so he bought me a plan b the next morning (better safe than sorry). I took it about 20 hours after I had sex. This morning i woke up with extremely horrible side effects. I have never felt this sick. I feel like I'm hungover/ on my period/have the flu. It hurts just to move and even just laying down still I feel pain. I have a runny nose and occasionally really bad cramps and lightheadedness. I hope I never have to take this again and I hope these symptoms go away soon because. My mom is freaking out that I just randomly got this "sick" when I was fine last night. (She doesn't know I have sex)"

anon------- August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Success - Promised myself that I would come back & write a review of my experience so here we go. First time having sex and it was the day after my period ended & didn't use a condom so I took plan B about 12 hours later. I've always had a super irregular period so for the next almost 2 months (yes,2) I had anxiety every hour of the day about being pregnant. I would wake up feeling nauseous, Have back pain, heartburn, and always felt bloated. Personally I think that I was making myself feel that way bc I had so much anxiety. Anyways, PLAN B DOES WORK. I'm sitting heer right now chillin on my period and super happy about it. Like you, I read this website and many others over and over trying to calm myself down. But you will be fine!!!!"

Anonymous August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took plan b about a month and a half ago after a condom slipping off. We rushed to a 24 hour pharmacy a few towns over. I took it about an hour after it happened. I had nausea and fatigue the following day and I started spotting for about 5 days the following week. I spent the past month and a half convincing myself I was pregnant, I seemed to have almost all the early symptoms. I stalked this website and promised myself to write a review either way. I took a test today because I did not get my period when it was due (4 days ago) and it was negative. Ladies, don't do what I did. Don't look up every single symptom you ~may~ be experiencing. Don't look up plan b failure stories. It's not 100% but torturing yourself will only make it worse."

anon121210 July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Today is a week since I have taken plan b. I feel so bloated like really bloated I been so tired and sleepy I am not sure if this are signs of pregnancy I am freaking out !!! I suppose to get my period on the 13 of this upcoming month!!!!! I keep reading that plan B only lasted 24 hours which is now been a month !"

Garcia Avila July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I had sex July 17 and the condom broke , about 1 hr after we both went to pharmacy and got Plan B I took it right away and only experienced being nauseous and dizzy , my period was suppose to come July 23 but it came 5 days later on the 28 , it's natural for the pill to make your period come later than expected but all in all the pill worked for me so just relax and let the pill do it's work."

anonymousssssss July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took plan b within 24 hours of having unprotected sex. It did not work. Being a part of the other 5% that it does not work for is truly devastating. So be careful. Don't always rely on plan b to work. This was my first time taking it without any form of back up birth control aka pill, shot, etc. It is not 100% effective. Please use other forms of birth control to protect yourself from ending up in a crap situation like myself. The worst fifty USD I ever spent. I should have just thrown it out of a window or set it on fire instead. Good luck."

Stressed and bitter (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex for literally 5 mins and I wanted to stop cause it didn't feel right, took plan b pill literally 12-15 hours later and I still got pregnant! Not to mention, the side effects are HORRIBLE. Felt dizzy, nauseous, and extremely tired for a few days. Pill doesn't always work, cause I still got pregnant!"

Lululeee July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex which was so so stupid, and didn't even think about taking any emergency contraception until a good 36 hours later. Another addition to the mess was I'm almost 100% sure that I was ovulating and I read that your odd's of success go down if you're ovulating. The symptoms mimic pregnancy which makes sense because it tricks your body into thinking that you're already pregnant so don't freak out over those. I took mass doses of vitamin c everyday (about 4,000 mg) because it helps you get your period, just don't get vitamin c with additives like rose hips, just straight ascorbic acid. Anyways I got my period today so it worked! Don't stress too much and good luck!"

Notpregnant (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Give it faith it really works. Had unprotected sex June 12th plan B 11 hours later. Took 2 pregnancy test ( different times over the course of the month) both negative excepted my period a month later July 10 my period never came. Took another test it was negative but still no period. 9 days later July 19 got my period! Give it time!! It really does work!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "This worked completely for me! I took plan b 2 hours after the accident happened. I personally did not experience any side effects. A couple of weeks later I received my period and it was completely normal. The only complaint I have is the price for such a tiny pill."

AriH July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I was still nursing my 11 month old when my husband and I had unprotected sex (normally he pulls out, however this time, didn't). I checked my ovulation app to see what phase of my cycle I was in and it was close to ovulation, so I took Plan B about 18 hours later. I had no side effects or adverse reactions. Now 3 weeks later and I have taken two positive pregnancy tests. We obviously should have been more careful, as we weren't prepared to have another child so close in age to our first. Please be aware that this is not 100% effective."

Kb05092015 July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Like many of you, I COULD NOT STAY OFF THE INTERNET AND MAKING MYSELF SICK WITH WORRY. My experience didn't sound like the typical "spotted a week later" story, so to ease the minds of others out there, here it is: My last menstrual period began June 8th. On the 27th day of my cycle, I had unprotected sex. I freak and get the pill about 35hrs after the fact, because my periods are irregular and I don't track. No adverse reactions except maybe a breakout. A week passes and I start having odd cramping and bloating. Not a drop of blood. Over a week, the cramps turn into more like PMS cramps and I have my period 13 days after taking Plan B. That's also about how many pregnancy tests I took. HAPPY ENDING."

:) (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I promised that I would share my testimony with others if the pill worked, and so here I am! Guys, let me just say that this is my second time taking an ECP (the first time using the generic brand "take action"), but this time I used Plan B. I was intimate only July 1st (which according to my period app, I was not ovulating and had most likely ovulated June 27th) however, you can never be too sure as period apps are not always THAT accurate. Anyways, I was intimate July 1st and my bf swears that he did not ejaculate in me, but you always have to worry about precum as well..so in a panic, I took Plan B the next day about 16 hours later. Needless to say, the pill worked! My period came on today..two days late! Just pray and try not to worry!"

don't want to share my name July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I've used PlanB July 1st the the condom broke.Sperm was involved when the condom broke. So I went to the 24 hour pharmacy and got the brand PlanB pill. I took within 40 minutes after the incident. After taking that morning my stomach start tightening like a contraction. A week later I felt a little sick to stomach. I had cramping like my cycle was about to start. My cycle started on time like it was suppose to. I took pregnancy test 13 days after incident and test is negative. On the day when incident happened I when to dollar tree and took a ovulation test to make sure I wasn't ovulating that day. And I wasn't ovulating when it happened.So probably worked but the key thing was I not ovulating so I couldn't get pregnant in the first place."

Ckkkkkkk July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex on June 24 He came inside of me at least a little bit, I'm not on the pill and he wasn't wearing a condom (obviously) we soon realised the mistake we had made and so 12 hours later (June 25) I took "the morning after pill" for the first 5 days I had no symptoms at all then on day 6 I had spotting then all of a sudden I started bleeding really heavy I wasn't sure if it was my period because it was 2 weeks early. I've since found out that it wasn't my period it was just the effects of the pill. I started freaking out that my period wasn't coming and I started feeling sick in the mornings, sore breasts, lethargic, headaches, tiredness, took a test and it was negative!! It works don't stress!!!!! The Dr assured me its from the plan b"

Shannnon14566666 July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Well I'm taking the time outta my day to ease the minds of all the people that stumble across this post. Well lets get right into it. There was this instance that happened 2 days after my period (May 30th), on day 8 of my cycle. After looking at every store that had a self checkout we finally came across target! I took the pill about 2 hours after the incident. About a day after I had some cramping but nothing terrible. 4 days after taking the pill I had heavy bleeding for a few days. I still had a ways to go before my period came again (June 24th). Took a pregnancy test on June 27th, negative. So on July 7th, 2 weeks late on my period, took another pregnancy test also negative. Later that night it finally came. The pill seems to work even if it does push your periodback"

kelsely July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "If you are reading this and are currently freaking out, please stop! I was in your same position. I had sex with my boyfriend on June 26, and the condom broke. Immediately after, I drove to the store and bought Plan B. I took it within the hour. Over the next couple of days, I experienced mild cramps and a little dizziness, but other than that, I felt completely fine. I began to wonder if the pill didn't work because I wasn't having any other side effects. Today is July 8 and I got my period, only 2 days late! I know you're reading all of these reviews and hoping to make everything okay, but I promise you that the pill WORKS. Don't stress out. Just be patient and give it time!"

kissesfrommcami (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "This product works wonders. Had unprotected sex after I had missed a few of my birth control pills. My period arrived at its usual time of the month, and it was not a heavier or lighter flow than usual...just normal. I did experience some bad pains and nausea in my stomach for about 6 hours after taking the pill. I also threw up two days later out of no where. Other than that, it did what it's supposed to do."

T5K3 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception " On May 18th this guy came completely inside of me and he wasn't wearing a condom/I wasn't on birth control. Around 5 hours later I took plan B. On May 22nd I got my "period" which I later learned was withdrawal bleeding but anyways it was really heavy for a few days and then got progressively lighter. I had spotting for about a week and a half after the heavy days which has never happened to me but I read the pill can make your cycle irregular so I didn't worry too much about it. Around 11 days after the 'act' I took a test and it was negative. I waited a week and took another test (so 18 days after the 'act') and it was negative! Not pregnant!! Yay!!"

Anonymous July 5, 2017