User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Emergency Contraception 473 reviews 14 medications

Summary of Plan B reviews 473 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Plan B

For Emergency Contraception "I'm writing this because I haven't seen many reviews after the first cycle. My fiance and I had sex the day I ovulated and the condom slipped off without us knowing till it was too late. I waited about 24 hours because I didn't want the side effects to ruin the weekend, and it says you have up to 72 hours to take it. (Although the sooner the better it says) I took it at night with food and didn't have any side effects until about 4 days later. I had about 2 weeks of bad pms symptoms and fatigue, then I got a very heavy period. I am also over the weight limit at 175. About 23 days after that period started, I started spotting brown blood and have been doing that for almost a week and now the flow is heavier like a real period. It works."

Also not pregnant! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex on the day of my ovulation. I took a plan b as instructed, no later then 8 hours. I am now 5weeks pregnant. I have done some research and I found that if you are ovulating it will only delay it. So the next three days the sperm can still get to the egg. I'm happy but I'm fortunate to be in a good place... Just be careful out there!"

I'mpreggos July 18, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I'm only 18 my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom completely broke. Definitely not ready to have a kid. I took the pill about 1 hour after the accident. I am over the weight limit for sure. I had awful awful stomach pains. Sharp pains. Cramps. Breast tenderness. I was so scared I was pregnant. I stressed for a while and waited for my period. It came! 1 day late!!! I read a ton of reviews because it helped me with the stress. and I never believed everyone when they said don't stress it will be okay. Especially since I'm over the wait limit. But the pill really does work! So thankful for this pill! Now I can go on stress free! I can't tell you to not stress because you will stress about it anyways. but everything will be okay! goodluck!!"

Anonymous July 16, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Had drunk unprotected sex with my boyfriend on July 3rd. Freaking out we drove to a walgreens and he bought me Plan B took it within 5 hours after intercourse. I did actually ovulate a couple days before having intercourse so I thought it wasn't going to work. The first couple nights I felt very fatigue, to be honest I was also very nauseous. After a week I developed sore breasts and mild cramping today July 16th I woke up with my period, thank god! Guys use protection always. If you can withstand a bit of nausea and fatigue this works wonders."

AlexisRusset July 16, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Chill guys! The condom broke the other night and I ended up big time inside her.i was freaked too but just got this so all should be OK . GL"

straightoutatrouble July 16, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on the last day of my period. I knew the chances of getting pregnant on the last day of your period are slim but I didn't want to take any chances. Therefore 30 minutes after I went ahead and bought plan B. The only side affect I experienced at first was a slim headache and it only lasted the first day. The pill also messed with my hormones and I had a huge break out on my face. The closer I got to my period I stated stressing more and the pill delayed my period by 6 days. So if you already took the pill and you're late don't worry it's the pill doing its job."

Camille123 July 15, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "If you're reading this, it's most likely bc you're freaking out. You took it wanna know if it works or deciding if you should take it, so I'll share my story. Had my period 6/11, had sex 6/28. Realized the jerk had taken the condom off during some point of the intercourse once he "pulled out" and his business was all over me. The next day about 22 hours later, I took plan b. Felt NOTHING. No bleeding, no cramps. Kinda felt like my period was coming but it never did. 16 days later it finally came! Plan B works! Also as a tip, stay calm and if necessary try to induce your period."

Lala12 July 14, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had a condom break on June 30 and quickly took plan B within 2 hours of the accident. I was freaking out because I read that it doesn't work after ovulation and my last period was on June 10 and I am pretty sure I had already ovulated. On July 9 I took a pregnancy test because my period was a couple days late and it was negative and finally today July 11 I got my period this morning. So yes this does work even post ovulation. Some side effects I had were nausea, period like cramping, lots of white discharge, sore breasts,delayed period and fatigue. And now heavy heavy HEAVY period. Worth the side effects though."

Allykat9 July 12, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took the day after pill and it did what it was supposed to, but i have had bad acne and didnt have my period for two months though i wasnt pregnant. One werid thing i did notice though is my mood stabilized until i started my period again."

Ashlee406 July 11, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I'm sharing my experience because my number one fear when taking the pill was the severity of the side effects everyone talks about. The way people have made it sound I would be sick all the time and I felt that was something to worry about with my busy life. Me and my bf had sex and didn't realize until it was over that it had broke. I took it maybe an hour after it happened and received light bleeding for no more than two days and then recieved my period ON TIME two weeks later. I'm sure I had symptoms but to put it in perspective I didn't have anything that felt out of the ordinary from an occasional headache or diarrhea from eating something bad and I'm not even sure those even correlated with the pill."

Mrit (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "so my boyfriend and I had sex, the condom broke, and we didn't realize until after he had finished inside of me (mega bummer). I took the plan b pill probably 30-45 minutes after we realized what had happened. the side effects hit HARD starting the same day. nausea, lower back pain, sore boobs, absolutely killer cramps, headache, fatigue, the whole thing. it made me feel like I was actually dying, but then 5 days later I got my period. it's super heavy flow and I have the worst cramps I've ever had, but I'm assuming this means I'm not pregnant. rather the side effects than a child :-)"

freakin spooked July 7, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Hello all! I didn't see enough ovulation plan b stories, so I thought I would share my experience. After the deed was done, I noticed the condom was broken, I checked to see if I was ovulating (which I was). I got upset and made my boyfriend drive to the nearest pharmacy and pick up plan b. I took it within 2 hours of the condom breaking. It thickened my cervical mucous and kind of expelled the left over semen. The next 2 weeks was filled with cramping, nausea, headaches, breast tenderness and anxiety. The cramps felt like implantation cramps (one side and sharp). Also turned out to be NOT PREGNANT :)"

Ceecee6547 July 7, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "If you're a teen like me and you were bein stupid and didn't use protection you're probably terrified. I was too. Plan b works 100%. Don't stress it. You will get your period. Stressing with make it late. I took plan b an hour after the occurance and got my period 9 days later. Use protection. Be careful but if you're not. This is a great back up plan for a mistake. You'll be okay. Take it with ginger ale though because it makes you have a bad tummy ache. Better than being pregnant."

Anonymous July 6, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took this 2 hours after the condom broke, I got my period only 1 day late. I'm very happy with this product. the first few days I was drowsy and bloated but it got better."

Anonymous July 5, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Hi everyone! So I had my period on June 6th and the very last day my boyfriend and I had sex with a condom and some how we both finished without realizing that the condom slipped off into me. And my boyfriend wasn't sure if he came inside me or not and I didn't see any cum. This was about midnight when it happened and I will as freaking out. The next morning I went to CVS bought it for $53. Ate something then took the pill 8am. (8 hours after the incident) I felt so tired the first week that all I did was want to sleep. Then the following weeks I would feel nauseous and had stomach aches. To me I rather have all that then get pregnant. So I'm on birth control pills so i continued to take them then on July 4th I got my period! stay positive! xo"

xodomixo July 5, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I am 16. It was on June 29th when this happened. Me and this guy were making out when we decided to take our clothes off and not have sex but just touch skin on skin and while we were doing this he pushed me off and told me he had come and I was totally freaking out. The next morning (within 12 hours) I bought plan b and took it. The only symptom I received was nausea and a little cramping. I read reviews online most saying it works and others were stating it didn't work but it is now July 4th and I got my period. I am thankful and relieved. If you are in a situation like me don't stress the chance of getting pregnant is so small I only took it to be safe bc well im Only 16. I hope this review helps. :)"

Happygirl3213 July 4, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Ok so I was active on 5/20 and wasn't sure if he ejaculated inside of me so I took plan b a few hours later just in case. I'm writing this because I think my story is alittle different than most. I didn't know what to expect so I read some reviews and expected nausea and visiting and to get my period a few days later. But because the last day of my period was just the day before I took the pill, I didn't get my period until TWO weeks after taking the pill. I also didn't have many side effects. I was bloated and alittle moody, also, my discharge became inconsistent and was more watery. Then when I got my period, it looked more mucusy. Sorry for the visuals, it's just that usually these aren't very specific. Point is, it works!! Don't stress"

Cheese123 July 4, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "To cut the story short got sex with my husband on my fertile day (14th day) most fertile period, so worried that I might get pregnant took the pill 14 hrs later. Feel nauseated, tender breast and severe headache but luckily after a week have my period now."

vc02052016 July 3, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I am not on birth control and had unprotected sex and then used a condom that failed all in the same night. He did not cum inside of me but I was very worried. I ate right after taking the pill and experienced no immediate side effects (no dizziness or nausea). About 6 days after taking the pill, I spotted. Then, my period was 4 days late (which has NEVER happened). It was TORTURE being late, but after reading reviews I saw that this is common. Eventually I started and was not pregnant! I am very pleased with the results. Altogether, it seemed that Plan B worked well for me and I would recommend it to anyone who is worried. It just sucks that the side effects of taking Plan B seem to mimic signs of pregnancy!"

WorryWort11 July 2, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "It worked!! I took the pill less than 48 hours I got my period after 9 days of taking the pill so happy it worked!"

K2mm June 29, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took the pill within the 72 hour period (I am a plus size woman, I don't see many reviews about PSWs and allegedly there's some weight limit to the pill), got my period about a week or two later and I haven't had my period for this month. The period I did have lasted about two or three days longer (about 8 days.) So I'm sure the pill works to a certain extent, I guess my period still needs to regulate. It's costly but effective."

Ragesh June 29, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex no excuses for my reckless behavior. Took the pill 3 hours later and was extremely afraid of the possibility of ending up pregunte. Lucky for me my period came 11 days early. I felt no side affects and nothing felt differente. The pill is extremely useful. If you are reading this don't stress. I'm extremely glad for this pill!"

Panda24 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Last day of period May 28. Took Plan B on May 31. First day of fertile week. Had light bleed a week l8r Lasted only 2 days. Had swore breast, was bloated, mood swings cramps, acne :| Now its June 28 still no period. Im 10 days late i've taken like 10 hpt all negative. Blood test negative. So i guess pill worked."

An0n1m0us (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Overall, positive experience with this pill - didn't know what to expect and was terrified of taking it, although i know i needed it because during sex, my guy thrusted in me several times (no pre cum) for those 20 seconds. better to take precaution, so i went to the closest duane reade about 7 hours later and took it. was super nauseous for the first few hours, and then fatigued for about 2-3 days afterwards. my period was irregular last month, i had it twice in the month of May, so i had no idea when my period would begin this month. i expected my period 6/19, it was 5 days late and was SO HAPPY to finally get cramps and a period, because it was anxious to wait. ladies, GET ON BIRTH CONTROL NOW so you won't have to deal with this stress"

NotPreggers (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex with my boyfriend and the condom broke, didn't realize it until he fisished. We freaked out an bought plan b within the hour of us having sex. I didn't have many side effects until about a week later. My breasts were tender and had cramps. I was tired most of the time. 2 weeks past and today I got my period. The pill worked! Just don't stress out. I tried not to. I came on here just to read the reviews so I felt better. I was also not on the pill, and I am going to be soon. I'm not a very sexual person and I wasn't thinking straight. I have definitely learned my lesson. DON'T STRESS PIT THINGS WILL BE OKAY!"

Works1234 June 25, 2016