User Reviews for Plan B

Emergency Contraception 519 reviews 14 medications

8.9
Summary of Plan B reviews 519 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Plan B

For Emergency Contraception "Condom broke right around my time of ovulation (it was 1-2 days before expected date, but could have been the day of ovulation) so I was freaking out so bad that the pill might not work if I had already ovulated. I took the pill 20 hours later. I cried almost every day for 2 weeks I was so scared. I had a lot of bad symptoms, breast tenderness, cramping, bloating. I had brown spotting about a week before my period was due...then 1 day before my expected period, I got it. So relieved!!! I am also over the weigh limited, but after some research on that, I found there was no real evidence to say it doest work over a certain weight anyway."

Relieved it worked August 22, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "This worked both times I took it. The first time I took it in 2014, I wasn't very nervous because I didn't ever consider tracking when I was fertile, so I didn't consider ovulation, just got my period and was happy. The second time I took it, I was terrified. I was very fertile when my boyfriend and I had sex, (unprotected... I know, getting the copper IUD next month). I took the pill the day after and it made me feel slightly queasy. I was moody, and it made me break out a little (I usually get some acne around the time my period starts too). The side effects lasted on and off for the entire time. I think i took the pill around August 6th, and I just got my period yesterday, August 21st. It came about 4 days late, but it works! :)"

notPreggo (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I worried myself sick and turned out fine so I thought I'd ease someone else's mind. I got drunk and had unprotected sex with a friend Aug 12 at about 3 AM. Neither of us could remember if he pulled out and pretty sure I was fertile at this time. My last period started July 31st and my cycle is about 22 days. I took Take Action at noon the next day so about 9 hrs later. I had no side effects accept major bloating 2 and 3 days later and nothing at all for another week. I was PANICKING and convinced I was pregnant. My expected period was the 22nd. Long story short, I started spotting the 21st (today) and just got it full on. Came on time! Don't panic yourself, I trust in this pill!! I'm also going to get on birth control."

ZK August 22, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex July 21st which was only two weeks after starting birth control. He assumed the birth control worked right away and finished inside of me. We went the next morning to get the pill, and I took it about 12 hours after the incident. I was tired, moody, and bled for 7 days after taking the pill. I did not start my normal period but chalked it up to the pill threw me off. About a month after the pill, I was still feeling tired and moody, but also started feeling nauseous. I took 3 pregnancy tests (because you can never be too sure lol) and they all came back positive. I am now 6 wks 3 days pregnant. Looking back on my calendar, I was ovulating when we had sex."

2xMomma (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Was terrified after reading all the negative reviews. Have had to take plan b twice in the last 4 months as was unsure if boyfriend pulled out in time. Have not experienced any major side effect, only mild nausea for first 2 days of taking the pill and very slight bloating (which was more in psychological than real I think). Both times I've had a normal period and within 2 days of the due date. Getting onto birth control pills now to avoid such emergency pills in future. Posting this only so that there is some positive assurance too. For people like me who were absolutely paranoid of all that I'd read earlier."

Ak1013 August 18, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I hate to share this for everyone but this pill did not work for me. We used a condom, it broke, took plan b about 8 hours later. Everyone reassured me I was fine but after I was about a week and half late I started to feel nauseas and I knew something was wrong. Took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I am currently 2 months pregnant!"

New mom11 August 18, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Had a lot of cramping and fatigue but worked!"

Anonymous August 15, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Plan B One Step definitely works. My last period ended the 19th of July and I had unprotected sex the 23rd and he came inside of me. Within an hour of the sex I took Plan B. The first couple of days I just felt extremely hormonal and on edge, resulting in some mood swings. A week following (Aug 1-5) I experienced spotting that was brownish red and this lasted a week. Then the EXTREMELY tender breasts came, nausea and bloating a week before my expected period. My vagina was also very dry throughout the two weeks likely due to the high hormone dosage. Consequently I also got a yeast infection due to the hormonal imbalance. Regardless of all symptoms, I got my period on time and it is extremely heavy. Relax and try not to stress. It works!"

Anonymous August 15, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "THIS WILL WORK. DO NOT STRESS. I cannot say that enough. I have taken Plan B twice. Both times I took it because the condom broke (without us realizing) and my boyfriend came inside me. Also, both times were during the portion of my cycle when I was pretty fertile. My advice: take it as soon as possible! I always took the pill within 3 hours after the condom broke (24hr pharmacies rock lol). However, manyyy of my friends have taken it a day or two after and they have all been fine too. But save yourself the extra stress and just take it as soon as possible! :) Ignore the negative posts. The people saying it hasn't worked are probably lying pro-life wackos or people who took it like 5 days after the incident. You'll be fine!!"

:) (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Okay, so the condom broke while I was having sex with my boyfriend and we didn't figure it out until he pulled out. But anyways, I took the pill within 30 minutes of it happening and I had no side effects whatsoever and my period came on time."

ThatPhillyGirl (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took Plan B step one 8 hours after a broken condom incident that happened while camping. This was my second time taking the pill - the first time I took it I got horrible side effects -vomiting and nose bleeds and a 2 week long period. This time taking the pill I didn't experience any side effects and I was pretty worried it didn't work. I had a day of heavy bleeding a week after taking and nothing else (I guess this was my period...) I got my period a week early the next month and it was much heavier. Overall, it works! Don't stress yourselves out ladies."

meaghy August 13, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I know better, so of course I got the day after pill. It's been years since I've had to take this but better safe then sorry. Kids are a blessings but make sure your ready and can afford the responsibility that love can bring. I'm a mom, so I know lol anyway - plan B. I'm on day 9 still nauseous, boobs are extremely sore, spotting, heavy cramps, and now I'm spotting. I bought a yeast infection kit which I am now taking as well because it will definitely change your PH balance. Long story short take the pill - it works and take it right after your have unprotected sex or the next morning. Case in point why it is called the day after pill. The end!"

MTorro August 13, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "if you're reading this you're probably going through a pregnancy scare and praying plan b worked. i had sex on the highest day of my fertility the condom broke and i took the plan b within a couple hours. i started having minor brown spotting for about 4 days and then my period came on full and heavy. honestly i would read these everyday to ease my mind. if you stress yourself out your period will delay, let plan b do its job and keep yourself busy ladies !"

anonymousgyalll August 12, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "The deets: I took Plan B One-Step (not generic) on 7/9/2016. Boyfriend & I had sex the last day of my period and realized after we finished that the condom broke. Even though the chance of conceiving during that time in my cycle was low, I still wanted to take action, so I bought Plan B One-Step within an hour or two. My "period" then turned to spotting for 5 days with some light cramping, serious mood swings, VERY sore tata's, and the fatigue was extreme. The spotting ended but the other symptoms stuck around for 2 more weeks. Thought I was pregnant because of it, but when I could test I did an and it was negative. My period was 5 days late and I took a test a couple days before it arrived to get a "Negative" result. THANK YOU PLAN B!"

EggosNotPreggo August 12, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I've taken three plan B pills in my lifetime and after $150+ (!!!) spent on those pills I still got pregnant. Three times having intercourse, three pills, twins! Did not work for me at all. Miscarried one child before the 90 day marker. Too young to have even a single child but could not count on this product. Switching to alternative forms of birth control/prevention since this product did not work."

TooYoungMickey August 10, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill for the first time about 48 hrs after an accident. The lady at the counter told me thats how she had 2 of her kids. Well, she was right because I ended up pregnant. Fast fwd 3 yrs, within a two month time span the condom came off twice. Took the pill within hrs and got my period. Next time took it also within hours and got my period a week and a half early and it was very heavy and lasted almost 2 weeks. So my experience is if you take it right away you are probably fine. If not, your luck goes down with each passing hour. Oh also the last time I took the generic form. That was the fist time I had such heavy bleeding from it. Next time I may stick w brand name. If needed"

Ishouldknowbetterbynow August 10, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I Said If I got through this I would write a review to ease people's minds(I'm a guy) The girl I had sex with vagina felt good. I was wondering why? Never feels like this. Turns out I was going Raw because the condom broke but I didn't know until I came COMPLETLEY inside her . We start to freak. Get plan b in like 2 hours . She had no side effects she told me and didn't get prego . Your gonna freak until you get that okay that she got her period so I'm not gonna tell you to not think about it but it worked for me even though I nutted in her and still kept going . Hope it works for you guys"

fatjoe79 August 9, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "So, my boyfriend and I had sex protected sex and the condom broke. I was not sure if I was ovulating or not. I can never really keep track because I'm so irregular, anyway I took 2 pills because I was so freaked out. I took the first one about a hour and a half after and I took the second one 12 hours after. Probably wasn't the smartest thing taking 2 pills because my boobs were extremely sore, I had cramps, nausea, and I was so drained I was honestly convinced that I was pregnant because of how sore my boobs were. This pill also gave me a yeast infection. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came out negative and two hours later I started my period!!! It's so heavy and my cramps are so bad but it's better than being pregnant right?!"

Not pregnant August 9, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I didn't even have intercourse, but there was a chance some sperm may have gotten onto my vulva area. 17 hours after this possibility, I took Plan B One Step. Approximately 8 days later, I had some bright red bleeding for a few days. I was scared it was implantation bleeding, but also knew that a lot of women have withdrawal bleeding around this time. I took 4 pregnancy tests, all negative. My last period was July 7th and today, August 9th, my period finally started. I don't know how many hours of research I did or how many different health advisers or pharmacists I chatted with online, but they all reassured me it was highly unlikely I was pregnant. I have one test left, so I plan on using tomorrow morning, just to be certain."

HappyToBeChildless (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Hey ladies. It was my first time taking plan b and I had my doubts about this pill as many of you guys do. After I took the pill, I read all the review on this website because I was obviously freaking out. A lot of the reviews here put my mind and ease so I decided to write a review when I get my next period. And today is the day! I got my period today! It's about a week earlier than expected and I'm not pregnant! So ladies, don't worry this pill definitely works. I took this pill about 16 hrs after it happened unlike most of the other reviews here but the pill got its job done. I had nauseosness and discomfort in the stomach for a week but it might be because I was stressing out about it. This pill is worth the money."

Angel111121287 August 9, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "The day after my period ended, I had a little incident with my boyfriend penetrating me (without protection) for only about a couple seconds, before realizing "Hey that probably wasn't a good idea!". Me being me, I freaked out and asked him to buy me the pill 12-13 hours later incase there was any cum. I didn't seem to get much symptoms the first couple of days, only minor cramping, yet I did go off on my boyfriend a few times due to terrible mood swings. My period was set to come in 3 weeks, and here I am, just got my period today! It was 3 days late, but it was all worth it. If you're reading this like I was before, you will be fine! My incident may have been fine without the pill, but it does ease your mind just in case :)"

WorthTheMoney August 9, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex a day after I finished my period. I am not on birth control so we used a condom. It ended up breaking and he finished inside of me. I ended up taking plan b as soon as I could & a week later I started spotting then it turned into a light period for 3 days. After terrible head aches, back pain, breast hurting and a lot of worrying I got my period a week late. It does work so don't freak out! Once you spot from the pill your period should come a month after that time. So just relax, you'll get it!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I am 16, my boyfriend and I had protected sex July 14th, condom broke. We freaked out and I took plan b 45 minutes after. He fully came inside me & even worse, I was fertile & ovulated about a day later. being so young and scared and a big worrier, I nearly drove myself to the brink. I was terrified and cried everyday. I got what seemed to be a period 5 days later. It was brown and turned into a light flow. The next day, was a heavy flow and exactly like a period gone 3 days later. My actual period was late, so I knew that was my real period just early. I've taken 4 pregnancy tests all negative a week after my "missed period". Plan B works! I was nearly ovulating. just sit back and wait, I was fertile & fine! next period due on the 16th!"

All good (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex ON MY OVULATION DAY and freaked out. Took the pill 16 hours later and had terrible side effects for 3 weeks. Diarreah, cramps, ACNE, and a super severe period with terrible cramps. But it was all worth it bc I'm not pregnant. Heyyyy ohhhh. So def would recommend this EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION pill that's is NOT the same thing as and abortion pill. So take the pill and don't stress."

Not pregnant August 6, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Okay so I'm writing here because when I was freaked out these reviews really helped me. Do not worry this pill will work. This is the reason it exists, I had unprotected sex during a very fertile time and possibly even during ovulation. I took the pill about 7 hours after. Period was due in about 2 weeks and it came today a couple days early! I had no side effects other than tiredness for the first day and some diarrhea. Other than that it was just a waiting game. But it worked for me and I'm sure it will work for you too, stay calm and know that this pill works"

Anonymous August 6, 2016