User Reviews for Fetzima

Depression
4.8

Summary of Fetzima reviews 5.1 140 reviews

Reviews for Fetzima

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication has changed my life. I'm finally stable and haven't had an episode of depression in almost 2 years. I believe in this medicine!"

Paige (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2018

For Depression "I can't take it!!! I now have severe anger, I'm short tempered and have extreme hot flashes. I getting off it!!!!"

Ginger (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Told my doctor I wanted to switch my meds because I’ve been on a huge dose of Celexa for years now. Was hoping to bring my mood back up and gain some motivation back. It’s been a month since I started Fetzima and I’ve been crying every night. I feel angry and having worse depressed thoughts. On top of that they’re way more expensive then my Celexa (something like $140 CAD for 30 tablets, I have no insurance)"

Toasty July 12, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Today was day 5 of Fetzima and although I was initially a fan, I no longer am one. I definitely felt an increase in energy my first 2 days on it. On day 3 I went back to my usual sleepy self and I also started experiencing some of the side effects. Nausea, increased heart rate, weird anxiety (feeling on edge).. it wasn’t a very nice combo of problems to deal with lol. I’m seeing my doctor tomorrow and coming off of this thing. I don’t think SNRIs work for someone like me who is super sensitive and a highly anxious person."

Nat (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "My medical history includes migraines, MDD, and insomnia. The medications that I have taken over the last 3 years to treat MDD include Wellbutrin, Effexor, Lamictal, Zoloft, Trazodone, Prozac, Lithium, and Remeron. The medications that I have taken over the past 3 years for insomnia include Ambien, Ambien CR, hydroxyzine pamoate, Remeron, and temazepam. Currently, I am on propranolol (for migraine prevention), rizatriptan (for migraine abortion), lamotrigine, Adderall XR, and Fetzima. By far, Fetzima has been the most successful medication in relieving my depression symptoms and has given me the fewest side effects. I have been taking it for approximately 6 months and have not relapsed as I usually do after 2-3 months on the various other antidepressants I've taken."

Chelsea (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Heart rate went from 65 to 70 BPM to 100 - 105 BPM with Fetzima which is crazy. I have testicle pain and always wan't to pee, and always sweating. Feel like a zombie. Got a blackout and hit my head on the wall, never happened before. 4 days at 20mg, 3 days at 40mg, but side effect was already high at 20mg."

Gerry (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm on lamotrigine and as unsure as it could be my own reaction. I suffered horrible symptoms for 3 weeks - migraines that lasted for literally 2 weeks straight - Eye pain (I do have glaucoma) - Upset stomach - Once vomited - After coming off severe violent mood swings leading to outbursts - Neck pain back pain which on week 4 has not gone away yet -Muscle pain -Muscle flinching as if my brain was giving shock through body -Severe confusion to the point I couldn't tell what happened and didn't really happen -Weakness to the point I could hardly get up -Seveer chest pain -Always out of breath -Sore nose as if stinging -Blurry eyes -Watery and burning eyes -Broken sleep -Thoughts of losing sanity -Weight gain -Out of control hunger -Chills -Sweats -Shaking -Shivering -Difficulty warming up This was only 2 weeks by week 4 I'm only now starting to feel better."

Very unfortunate April 20, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on everything you can think of. This along with Wellbutrin have been the only things to keep me out of a constant depressive state. I still have my bouts of depression (currently in one ) but they are never as severe as they were when I was on SSRI's."

ch1982 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Well my wellbutrin stopped working after 4 yrs. Explained as tolerance. Switched onto Fetzima for 1+ yr. First 5 days, I took a lot of naps, dizziness, nausea, and surprisingly constipation. By week 2, it subsided and mood was better, but not fantastic. Fetzima was a crutch..cuz I was functional and could get around but not as well as I used to. But without this crutch I would be hopping around, if not immobilized so to speak. It did it's job..just nothing special. Better on it than off of it. But depression is back now. I don't recommend fetzima, but if it works, it works. Give it a chance. Wait 2-3 weeks to see how u feel. I tapered off it n I start back on Wellbutrin today (which for ME has been the best med I've ever taken). Best of luck. Remember each individual has a unique brain chemistry, so meds are always trial and error. If you don't like it, tell your doc and don't be afraid to switch, just heed warning to withdrawals and taper off accordingly."

Tish (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 24, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I went on Fetzima after Cymbalta stopped working for me. I'm on 40mg (about to start the tapering process, wish me luck...) and I take it alongside Lamictal 150mg and Klonopin 0.5mg (twice a day). I had high hopes for Fetzima but it's been a huge letdown. I've stuck with it for nearly 6 months because I really wanted to give it a chance (and I'm running out of options...) but it never delivered. In fact my anxiety is the worst it's been in years, along with compulsive skin-picking and trouble falling asleep. I also have food cravings with associated weight gain (SSRIs wrecked havoc on my weight but switching to SNRIs really helped... until Fetzima). But the worst side effect by far is the headaches. I was hoping they would eventually go away but I still get almost daily headaches that sometimes degenerate into crippling migraines. OTC painkillers do nothing to alleviate them and they are the main reason why I've decided to stop Fetzima - Nasty side effects with no benefits."

Zumi45 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2018

For Depression "I was switched from anxiety medication to Fetzima. I was very nervous at first, not knowing what to expect and reading a million different reviews. From my personal experience, this medication has been amazing. I have been feeling so well. For the first time in years I actually enjoyed Christmas instead of stressing myself out beyond belief. I actually feel like I can cope with family, work and life stresses. I tend to overextend myself and try to go above and beyond for holidays, Birthday ‘s, school functions, etc. I can handle it now without having a breakdown and I know my limitations and have learned it’s ok to reach out to others for help. Medicine reacts differently with everyone but I personally have had such a wonderful experience and am so glad I listened to my doctor and tried this. It has been a success for me."

JamJamN8946 February 8, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took Fetzima for about 8 or 9 months for a bout of depression I had. Unlike other anti-depressants that I had tried in the past, this medicine took a really long time to kick in. I would say I didn't get better in my depression until about 3 months after taking. And Fetzima did work. However, not without side effects. Most particularly the sexual side effects and what seemed like some type of problem cutting off my urination. I'm a guy by the way. All in all, it did work and helped me feel better. But after nearly 9 months of it, the side effects became to bothersome so I switched off. I wouldn't go back on it again unless I was completely desperate."

PillBillyOH January 26, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have struggled profoundly w severe depression for 40 years . I have tried 23 different anti-depressive drugs in multiple different combinations without luck . Last year I underwent ECT (electric shock treatments).I felt better briefly . When the depression returned I turned to Fetzima before trying the MAOI's . I am fortunate not to be experiencing the most serious side effects , although I may be having trouble w my eye due to the drug . I am depression free for the first time in years and very grateful ."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

For Depression "Increased anxiety, caused hallucinations and sleep paralysis. Was on no other medication, drug or alcohol use."

Cassandrab January 3, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had been in bed depressed for like six months. I had tried several antidepressants that did not help for some reason. My Dr.@ the time gave me samples of Fetzima. I had never heard of it. So over time it began to work and it was a miracle for me because I had literally given up on life itself. I was thinking about changing because I have severe back pain and some antidepressants say they help with physical pain but I think of how far I've come from being suicidal and not able to get out of bed or stop crying. I will stick with the Fetzima. Thanks who ever makes it you helped me a great deal. I say the good out weighs the small side effects I get like sweats & back pain. Worth a try."

diamond in the ruff (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "Fetzima has to be the worst drug I've ever taken for my depression. I had been on moderate doses of Prozac for 8 years prior until the drug no longer affected me beneficially. The fetzima had positive effects at first, but I think it was a placebo effect. A month into taking the drug I still felt depression and frequently spaced out/felt a mental fog. The physical symptoms also presented themselves. I began to have frequent urgencies to urinate but could not. Always a false alarm. A few week later I developed a clear discharge which I thought was the result of an STD. My results came back negative for all STDs. I have been off the drug for about two months and all side effects are no longer present."

bthomasdickinson (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on every antidepressant made, it seems. This is the best one by far. Everyone noticed a significant difference within less than a week. I was up to 120mg a day due to my extreme anxiety and not able to leave my house. The 120mg had everything under control and I wasn't even having to take my xanax, but my doctor felt I had began to become "flat". He dropped me back down to 80mg and now all of my anxiety, irritability, inability to focus, have came back worse! I actually have a call in to him to see is I can go back up to 120mg. Even with the issues I am having now since my dosage was reduced, I still think this has been the best medicine I have taken."

ch1982 November 28, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "The three days that I took this medication for my depression I had a horrible experience. I felt as though the Medicine turned me into someone that I didn't recognize. I became so angry and irate that I could rip someones head off. I couldn't control my feelings. Crying, Sadness, Angry and felt like I was Manic. I even quit my Job. My life is now ruined."

Tmg4me (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2017

For Depression "I struggled with symptoms of depression/anxiety since childhood, something that was the result of a naturally sensitive disposition, family history and a history of bullying and self-worth issues. I took this medication for 2 years and it was the only one that I could tolerate well that worked. I had previously been on Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, and Wellbutrin, which I had to discontinue due to seizures, though it was effective. This medication, along with psychotherapy and a lot of work put into rebuilding a social network, helped me recover from very persistent depression. I still struggle with anxiety from time to time but it's nothing major. It gave me the momentum to keep going during a very challenging period of my life."

Keep Going (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2017

For Depression "I started taking this medication two days ago and have already have a severe reaction to it. I am having severe panic attacks, nausea, body pain, headaches, and I keep uncontrollably crying. It seems as if these are very common side effects and I am basically a walking zombie. I have no emotion, no feeling, and can’t think straight. I wouldn’t recommend this medication to anyone."

Anonymous517 November 2, 2017

For Depression "After 5 days of 40mg, I jump to the 80mg and almost immediately start have both pain in my testicles as well as very slow urination accompanied by pain as well. The pain would be significant enough to make it hard to sleep at times. This is in addition to the sexual dysfunction, shivers, gastrointestinal problems, and probably other "insignificant" side-effects. This medicine was garbage for me. After 24 hours off the medication, all side effects subside, thank goodness. And on top of all these side effects, it did nothing for my depression."

iwtste October 26, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "Fetzima, I was originally turned off by the name because of the douchey Zima drink that was the rage for a few months back in 2009. After that I have to say this medication works FOR ME. Everyone is different. I've tried almost everything in a psych. Hand book even cocktails of medications. I am happy to say the current 80 mg dose has been a dramatic change in my life. Like most with bad depression and anxiety stemming from childhood it can be crippling effecting everything an everyone in your life. I'm happy to say I have turned things around on this particular cocktail of medication but I will say this the fetzima is the thing that made the difference. It's like adding mint to a mojito. Things turnedgood from the start of fetzima."

916 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 27, 2017

For Depression "I tried fetzima for a week going from 20mg to 40mg. I had the worst headaches, chills, and GI problems. I like to exercise and I was afraid I was going to pass out from being so light headed. I stopped taking it, but then changed my mind a month later and went back on. Again, the same side effects even staying on the 20mg. Today will be my last day. I can't live in the bathroom."

Alwaysinthebathroom August 23, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "After taking this medicine for six months now I feel much better I have a lot more energy I could think more clear. However when I first started it I had headaches for the first month and still to this day I sweat excessively but it's worth the side effects to know that my head is clear and my anxiety is half of what it used to be."

Jamielynn1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have taken fetzima for 16 months and I have had mostly ups and some downs.The ups: fetzima has helped my social anxiety and with feeling worthless. Before fetzima, anytime I would get around a lot of people it was like I went into a brain fog and couldn't think. After fetzima, the best way I can describe it is, I can feel my anxiety starting and the feeling of it building up, but then it stops; it doesn't develop into wanting to retreat and be alone. I feel like I can do things that I mentally couldn't before fetzima. The downs: there have been times it seemed like it stopped working, as long as a month at a time. Early on I got nauseous which lasted about a year.I take adderall too, and I realized what time of day I take both matters as well."

Devdev (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 12, 2017