User Reviews for Fetzima

Learn more about Fetzima.

Major Depressive Disorder 45 reviews 46 medications

4.9
Depression 42 reviews 79 medications

4.5
Summary of Fetzima reviews 87 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Fetzima

For Depression "My experience with this medication is terrible. I have moved up to 40 mg daily. I have had a rapid heart beat all day. The mood swings are terrible, running nose, the sweats, body aching, headache and just feel very irritable the dreams are more like nightmares. I am not sure how they still market this drug but I would not recommend this to anyone. It is not an anti depressant but an anti feel good product. I have never written a review before but feel so strong that other people should not get involved in this drug."

Paisan Man (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "This is an update to my comments from March. I am still very happy with it. I did experience itching and sweating initially but those side effects are long gone. I also felt teary and emotional for several months. At first, I thought the Fetzima was providing some pain relief, but , I must have just been having a remission period. I have Psoriatic Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. I do think it is having a wonderful effect on my binge eating disorder. I have lost much of my interest in junk food and sweets. I can occasionally eat these things without going overboard or setting my self up for cravings. I have not lost my appetite, but I have found myself becoming satisfied with less food and have been losing weight without much effort."

vegwellian (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have MDD (12yrs), chronic pain (17yrs), anxiety & social/agoraphobias. For the last 3 years, I barely left the house & rarely left my bed. Things grew extremely dark this past year...I cared for nothing except my dog without whom I wouldn't be here now. The psychiatrists & antidepressants I tried for years either failed miserably or made things worse. I managed to see a new psychiatrist who put me on a combo of Fetzima & Rexulti. This combo made a HUGE difference for me. It feels like someone turned on the lights & I can finally see some kind of future. It's still hard, but not impossible. Don't let the bad reviews scare you off! If you've been struggling, try it. It might help you. Just be watchful of the possible side effects."

XIM (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016

For Depression "I took this medicine for a few days. The rage I had at all times was so intense it frightened me. It made me have thoughts of hurting others to the point I could not work for fear of hurting people I work with. I had to board my cats to keep from hurting them. I have been off this drug for a year but now when I try other anti depressants the rage seems to come back."

okfitz August 11, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had depression for about 13 years know or I guess it started out as anxiety. I have been on every medication you can name. Most had side effects and had to be switched but nothing serious. I was on Celexa for about ten years and then about three years ago it just stopped working. That is when I was diagnosed with major depression. I don't have a marriage anymore after twenty-two years, lost my job after nine years, can hardly get out of bed most days. I'm not living living, I'm serviving. My doctor put my on Fetzima and after not seeing any improvement at 40mg he moved me up to 80mg. I started not being able to urinate without forcing it out and had to go every two hours. I have never had bladder problems before. I got off the pills"

Lisa44constantpeeing (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Sweating is embarrassing. It's better than nothing at all, but not great."

IWantRemussion (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm not sure about Fetzima's effectiveness as I'm on day four of treatment. As for side effects, I noticed that I started sweating more on day 3 (40 MG), a lack of appetite, and some minor nausea. Occasionally I'll get anxious, but I'm not sure if it's specific to the Fetzima or my general anxiety."

WaveGirl (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "This felt like I was on speed. Could not sleep, racing thoughts, could not concentrate, sweating all the time. Extremely uncomfortable. I took min dose 4 days and no more. Felt horrible"

Lannie12 June 22, 2016

For Depression "spent 3 days only on this. It made me so angry I just wanted to hurt someone, also on day 2 my eyes started twitching off and on all day. stopped taking this on day 4...guess what? 2 months later, my eyes still twitch daily!"

brandy nichole May 29, 2016

For Depression "Ignore all the negative reviews because this drug might work for you. I've had depression for decades and have tried 18 different drugs over the years. Only 3 meds have worked for me, and Fetzima is one of them. This drug saved my life. The side effects slowly went away over a 6 week time period. Yes, it is energizing at first and you may need to take an extra amount of benzo to calm you down, but the side effects eventually go away for some of us, although it seems like they never will for weeks. Give it time to work!"

depressionville (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I just started on this new drug. I am very nervous about the side effects as many are listed .... But I've tried so many different medications I have to give this one a try!! I was taking Prisiq but had a reaction from the sun ( even with sunscreen ) so took myself off. I enjoy sitting in the sun and was on vacation. On my second day of taking Fetzima no side effects other than my heart feels like it's pounding a bit but nothing that bothers me too much. I really hope this medication works for me. Stay tuned!!"

New to this drug April 30, 2016

For Depression "I didn't feel this drug did much of anything to lessen my depression. It did give me night and day sweats, dry mouth and a foggy mental state that offer made clear thinking more difficult"

Susan N (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "My Cymalta pooped out on me and I was having suicidal ideatons. My doc wanted to put me in the hospital and I refused. She suggested I try Fetizma. It's only been three weeks but so far I feel amazing. It's like night and day. Less depression, more motivated and hopeful. I haven't had any negative side effects. I am so glad this medication is available. It literally kept me out of the mental hospital and possibly saved my job since I didn't want to get out of bed and called in sick often. I hope it works as well for others who try it."

Smusic713 April 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "My experience with Fetzima has been terrible. I have never had so many side effects in my life with a medication. At 20 miligrams I felt a little sick to my stomach. After two days the Dr. told me to increase to 40. I felt more sick and then got a bad head ache. The pharmacist said this should go away after a couple of weeks. In about a week I started throwing up and sweating along with the head ache. My doctor told me to reduce the miligrams to 20 again. I didn't feel any better. Now I have gone off it after 2 weeks and 3 days. It's been another 4 days and I'm still deathly ill. Hopefully this will go away soon. The medication started to help the depression and anxiety but I can't live with the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have an extreme case of depression that very few experience, and I have had extreme depression for over 25 years with pain I cannot begin to describe. In the past, Nefazodone and Cymbalta rescued me and each worked for a decade or more, but they eventually pooped out. None of the SSRIs and other drugs worked for me. I switched from Cymbalta to this drug and within days this drug started working. If you are one of the 10% of depressed people where only norepinephrine antidepressants work for your depressed (SNRIs, Tricyclics) then this is a good drug to try. It is too early to tell if this drug will work long term for me. The side effects of this drug went away within a week for me."

Depression30years (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on 20 mg for a month. My dr said I should start on a lower dose because of stomach issues I've had in the past. I've tried SSRIs and I didn't like them. Wellbutrin was fine but now am trying this. My body feels energized in the morning, even if I had only had 5 hours of sleep. I haven't noticed any changes to my mood, I still feel negative. My heart rate has gone up, I notice my resting heart rate is not as low as it used to be (I wear a Fitbit). Haven't had any weight gain, haven't had any libido changes, and my stomach hasn't hurt. So far, 1 month in and on a lower dose than he starting dose, I have had no negatives, but also no real positives either."

Lil95 April 10, 2016

For Depression "Overall I love this med! I feel like me but with less anxiety. I've been on it for about a month to 6 weeks."

Kbmom March 31, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had a good experience with increased energy and motivation and decreased muscle pain."

Vegwellian (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started on Fetzima 20mg and increased to 80mg over two weeks time. Expected some weird feelings while coming off one med and starting another, but did not anticipate the horrible side effects that happened. By the time I got to 80mg, my GI tract was raw from mouth to anus. I am now on a PPI to repair my stomach. I also experienced dizziness, eye pain, blurred vision, sadness, forgetfulness, and weird dreams. I saw no benefit from this drug and am currently titrating off under doctor's supervision."

JTK (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

For Depression "I switched from Cymbalta which has never done anything great for me. As soon as I started Fetzima people started saying they saw a difference in me. I don't know what I would have done without Fetzima. For the first time since I can remember I feel like a regular human being. I have horrible social anxiety and if I can make myself get out there I do very well now. I no longer keep silent and feel like I shouldn't have the right to speak. I just feel normal like everyone else. I feel happy and normal. All thanks to Fetzima. My blood pressure has gone up but all I did was quite my coffee and caffeine. Actually I took up green tea which has caffeine but my blood pressure is down now. I'd gladly give that up to feel as good as I do."

ricci92311 March 3, 2016

For Depression "Switched from Zoloft, after the initial first week and withdraws from the zoloft, I noticed that my irritability never went away and seemed to get worse. I was yelling at my kids 3 days straight and realized this just isn't me. It's treated my depression but the irritability and agitation along with the other effects just are not worth it. Have a hard time sleeping due to the dreams that I have that only started once I started taking it. Hallucinations started as well. It seems some days I have a hard time with what's real and what's not only when just relaxing my mind seems to jump all over. Will be switching ASAP this drug isn't for me. I would rather have the weight gain from the zoloft. Expensive even with insurance."

Kaliem March 3, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Have had MDD for almost 10 years. Lost my job, income, and basically trudging through life. Have taken Lamictal 300mg for years, and Dr. has tried combining with almost every antidepressant out there. Abilify worked great for about a month, my house was clean, lawn decent, and things sorted and organized. Then back to the usual. House a mess, repairs not done, bills not paid. Just wanted to sleep my life away. Started Fetzima at 20mg for 2 days, then have been on 40mg for almost 2 weeks. Feeling energetic and ready to be productive again! Only side effect so far is frequent urination. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!"

CathyNoLife (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've tried Zoloft, Prozac, Effexor, viibryd, and now this. Started with 20s for two days before going to 40s. First three days I was vomiting, nauseous, and itchy. When that subsided the depression got way worse (which is huge considering how bad it was before). I cry and sleep way more. I feel suicidal and reckless. Calling my doc first thing Monday morning to change plans because this is not working."

Jamie M. (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

For Depression "So far (knock on wood) I have not experiences any MAJOR side effects but I plan on checking back here after being on the medication for longer than a week. I have noticed the sweating (not severe though) my doctor did warn me about it before I started taking it. The first day I had a HORRIBLE headache and was dizzy most of the day. It was gone after my first nights sleep on it. I can't make a good or bad judgment on it YET however if in a month I experience any thing else I will check it - well I'll check in here either way because these forums with REAL experiences helped me when I was first introduced to this drug as I had never heard of it before."

Seve7 February 12, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Have major depressive disorder, PTSD, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and chronic pain, high BP and cholesterol, low thyroid. Started taking Fetzima 20 mg for two days and then 40 mg daily for the past seven days. It stopped the traumatic thoughts at night but need to quit it due to so many awful side effects....slight nausea and light headaches the first few days, awful insomnia, very dry mouth, sore eyes and less clear vision, twitching in corner of eye, hot sweats switching to my whole body feeling cold, muscle cramps in legs, bad constipation. So sad because it was the only antidepressant that worked for the PTSD. It probably did raise my blood pressure but I did not check... got bad headaches like I do when BP is up. Good luck everyone."

7071 February 4, 2016