User Reviews for Lupron Depot-Gyn

0.0

2 reviews
Summary of Lupron Depot-Gyn reviews 7.0 16 reviews

Reviews for Lupron Depot-Gyn

For Prostate Cancer "My experience on this drug mirrors that of albert owens. The side effects are truly awful, no energy, no sex, headaches, no sleep I am either sweating or peeing all night. Deep depression, anxiety, nausea, memory loss,l egs swelled, 2 stone weight gain around middle, no quality of life left. I must agree with burned out wife also because my wife feels just like her and it is not nice. I have over another year on this stuff, I am happy for the men it has worked for bless them, but for myself and others it can be a nightmare. Take care and good luck to all."

kluff1946 July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "I was on this medicine about a year ago but I only took it twice over 6 months(it was an every 3 months shot) I did not see any difference in the size of my waist. I didn't have professional test to show me a change in my size, I measured my waist each day. The measurement didn't change at all. Multiple doctors advised m that there would be no change if any due to the fact that I was very large. I recently had the Acessa procedure to help shrink the fibroids small enough to manage with a myomectomy surgery or hopefully without any other surgeries. At this point, it has been six weeks since the surgery and I am too afraid to measure myself yet. Will update in a couple months or so."

Ihatefibroids1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I have taken this injection on 12th Sept 2016.. now it has been 7 month still my period has not came..I don't know..does this drug remain in the body for such a long time?"

Anonymous March 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "Absolutely horrible drug. Complete poison. I was given this five years ago for endometriosis. Did absolutely nothing for it, but u had all the horrible side effects. Five years later I'm still dealing with side effects of this drug. Bone loss, bone pain (to the point of just waking down the street sometimes it feels like my legs are going to break. My teeth are literally just shattering eating bread. My dentist looked at my records then said wet need to talk. This is what he said. "Five years ago you didn't have anything wrong with your front teeth at all. You see this (pointing to the exrays) this is all bone loss. This doesn't just happen, it can't. This takes years and year and years to happen." DON'T TAKE IT!!!"

Jennysickofevilmeds August 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostate Cancer "I have advanced prostrate cancer and have found that when I stop or delay a 90-day injection, my PSA climbs. From June 2010 (PSA over 350) through Jan 2013 (PSA 9) my cancer was controlled. I suspended the shots for 18 months due to cost and my PSA climbed to 270. In 5 months, my PSA is at 4.2."

2-putt Gus (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "So my gyn started me on the lupron a little over a week ago. I have had some horrible mood swings, severe pain worse then when I began, swelling in my hands and feet and I started to bleed very heavily late last night. Has anyone else had these experiences? Did they get better over time? My biggest worry is I suffer from anxiety and depression prior to the injections. Things have been getting worse is this normal or should I be worried?"

enquiring mind February 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I would never recommend this medication to anyone!! The disclosure of the side effects aren't truthful. There are some serious, deliberating side effects that are not listed for this medication. I am the unfortunate patient that is experiencing the "rare" side effects that weren't disclosed. I am suffering short term memory loss that gets worse every day. I never had anxiety problems until now. I shake/jittery, and have tingling/numbness in my fingers, feet, and face. My nails are very brittle to the point I had to cut them all off. I am also loosing my hair. I am severely constipated. My appetite is curbed, and I am loosing weight instead of gaining it. And the headaches are terrible!! Not worth having these side effects!!"

kml91 September 20, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "I started taking Lupron in November, 2014, and I am currently still taking the shots. I have had almost no side effects except for occasional hot flashes. I was put on Lupron because of heavy bleeding, due to my large fibroids. I am extremely happy with the results. My fibroids have shrunk to the point that I can now have a laparoscopic hysterectomy, rather than the old fashion full abdominal surgery. I haven't had a menstrual cycle in 9 months."

Anonymous August 28, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I began a 6 month course of lupron with add back therapy in January 2015. I was terrified from everything I've read online. I had none of the horrible side effects, some hot Vosges here and there, but nothing unmanageable. I am a 41 year old female with endometriosis. I was pain free for the entire six months and felt good. Everyone is different, but with so many negative comments about thus therapy flooding the Internet, I thought it might be helpful to add my 2 cents."

DeeDee425 August 14, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "I was having very heavy periods due to fibroids. My Gyn gave me the shot and it was amazing! No more periods! the trade off I took was night sweats and early onset menopause, but after such heavy bleeding that I have very low blood count, anemia and vitamin D deffieciency, it was well worth it! I'm only in the last few weeks of my first shot, but I can't wait for the next one!"

Floodgate in K.C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "This medicine has given me my life back. I no longer have to stay by a toilet due to extremely heavy periods that left me anemic. I no longer have pain during intercourse due to large fibroids and extremely painful periods. I was put on this medication to shrink fibroids for safer hysterectomy or until menopause kicked in. I am 49 and I have had no side effects since starting this medication."

Anonymous November 15, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "Been on this for 3 months. Yes it does diminish the pain, but feel terrible by the side effects. Get mood swings, hot flashes, acne and if that's not bad enough weight gain. It's like you are a whole new person and not a very nice one. I have also been feeling very depressed. I only have one more month until my surgery so I'm trying to stick it out. Best of Luck ladies."

melissa562 May 11, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "Lupron Depot 11.25mg 3 month suspension has given me my life back. I have been on this for a month and saw my doctor today. His first words were wow! It is shrinking my huge fibroids. I had constant bleeding with flooding every month. Finally Sept 8th, 2010 I hemorrhaged. I was admitted into the hospital unconscious. Thank God my husband had the presence of mind not to sign a consent form for an emergency hysterectomy. I spot rarely now and have lost 4 pant sizes because the fibroids have shrunk so much. I will take my second shot on Jan 4th, 2011 and hope it will put me in permanent menopause. I am 49 and will avoid surgery at all costs. My side effects have been mild at best. My experience has been fantastic so far."

my life is back November 3, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "I didn't experience any major problems, except some mild stomach cramping initially and continued heavy bleeding for the first two injections. By my 3rd shot, just mild spotting and occasional cramping. I jut finished my 4th round, still no hot flashes, etc. I'm actually looking forward for my upcoming surgery soon."

niki40 April 9, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I found Lupron to be effective in treating my symptoms of Endometriosis, particularly painful menstruation. Lupron causes one to cease menstruating which in turn eliminates the pain associated with month to month and/or every two to four week menstrual periods. That said, I developed a raised bump at the base of my skull on the back of my neck that itched and hurt. I became dizzy and lightheaded and dealt with short term memory loss along with joint pain in my feet, mouth watering nausea, night sweats, nasal congestion, and acne. The doctor could not give me an answer about the raised bump and that scared me so I chose to discontinue treatment."

tired of doctors January 8, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "Been on it for a week and have none of the symptoms I experienced."

Sambolina July 8, 2009