User Reviews for Eligard

Learn more about Eligard.

Eligard Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of Prostate Cancer.

Reviews for Eligard to treat Prostate Cancer

"I am the wife of a man currently taking Eligard. I have to say it has worked to keep the prostate cancer from spreading. Which is absolutely wonderful. However it has caused a lot of other problems which has effected both of us. He has absolutely no sexual desire, he has developed which appears to be breast, his penis has become inverted and his testicles have decreased in size. His muscle mass has decreased as well and the weight gain is mostly in his belly. I can only hope that he will regain his man hood if and when he is taken off this medication."

:/ (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 28, 2016

"It works for me - long story short I'm going for my second shot on the 21st of this month"

Slugger69 May 10, 2015

"I started Eligard in 2006 and it worked well until 2012. I started taking Casodex with the Eligard injections and that worked well until early 2014. I came off the Casodex at that time and continued to take the Eligard with my PSA back up to 7.1 and cancer mets to my T3, T4 spine. I had radiation to my spine and now waiting for financial assistance on new medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2014

"I was given my first injection with Eligard on December 1st 2010. I started to have bone pain a little before this and a PSA of 116. It took control in about 2 days and the pain went. As I decided to wait until the pain returned (to see how long it would last) I had to have another one 6 1/2 months later. My PSA dropped to 0.17 the first time and 2.6 the second (where it is now). I will take a 3rd one in 5 months time and see if it goes beyond the 4 months for the 30mg to have effect. The date is 8th December 2011 and the 3rd one is due in March 2012."

BarryL December 7, 2011

"I was given two injections of Elgard before beginning radiation therapy. Following the 48 radiation treatments, I am still being monitored by my oncologist and urologist. My last PSA was 0.01. The side effects of hot flashes, lethargy, and muscle weakness are where I am today, although at my age, 79, I can't complain. The first of the injections was in April of 2008 and the second in August. Radiation began in early September 2008 and ended at end of October. It was determined that I am not a candidate for Androgel as there is a possibility of developing cancer again. So, as you read from the preceding paragraph, I'm lucky to have passed my first year without problems."

Anonymous January 3, 2010