User Reviews for Irbesartan systemic

High Blood Pressure
4.7

Summary of Irbesartan reviews 4.8 69 reviews

Reviews for Irbesartan

For High Blood Pressure: "I’ve been on inersartsn for 6 months now and I have found that it really doesn’t help my BP. My values are around 138/85/75. And that is not consistant, sometimes I take it and it could be 135/81/68, and five minutes later it 143:90/81. I have severe tinnitus, extremely tired, sore muscles and my joints are hurting especially my shoulder like I have bursitis, I have neck pain and a weird feeling I’m my throat all the time. I need to find something else, I can’t do it anymore!"

Mary (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2019

Avapro (irbesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Avapro for nearly 20 years with no side effects. I started 150mg then increased as I got older to 300mg I have now been diagnosed with paroxmal AF. I am still on the Avapro 300mg and sotolol 80mg for AF. I have recently had Amulet occlusion device put in my heart to prevent stroke as I am not suitable for anti-coagulant medication. Hope the Avapro will continue to work for me !!"

cathy (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2019

Avapro (irbesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed Avapro by neurologist this month for consistent mild high blood pressure & numbness in hands & left foot. Also MRI which I had today to exclude cervical stenosis. I am already Mthfr genetic mutation that depletes vitamin b12, folate, vitamin b6. I have had increasing numbness in left hand on waking & general weakness & strength. Since Taking Avapro symptoms have got worse.I am tired with depleted energy, nauseated, aching hips ,disturbed sleep even with sleep apnoea machine. Just Saw My Dr who suggested taking Avapro in the evening as that’s when my Bp is the highest."

Maz (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "You should read an article in USA its in news . 3 days ago they had a recall on ibersartan found the same chemical ( N-nitrosodiethylamine) in that that was also in the Valsartan recall. So people check it out read it today. FDA needs to get on the ball and get with the program on this garbage. When getting prescription you need to question where the medication is made. Its poison. That's two medicines now from this country. Somebody needs to notify Congress. From this medicine in finally getting my feeling in my legs and walking again. It attacked my nervous system. Going on 3 months now. Irbersartan garbage medicine. Beware."

Skunk (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Just switched to calcium channel blocker type meds over this type. Valsartan (now recalled) & irbesartan both caused weird nausea issues (mostly exertion induced - couldn't exercise in any way without feeling nauseous) and general malaise after about 2 months of use. Lightheadedness kicked in at about 4-5 months, and started to get significantly worse after about 1-2 weeks of manifestation."

Better Off Without (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Was put on Valsartan because Lisinopril made me cough. Walmart decided that I should go on Irbesartan 300 after Valsartan was recalled. I took it for a week before I went back to taking what I had left of Valsartan. I liked Valsartan a lot, it made me feel good. Irbesartan made me feel so miserable! Irbesartan has to be the worse medicine ever!! It's supposed to lower my blood pressure. Well it really did the opposite!!! On Valsartan and Lisinopril I was normally 120 over 80, but on Irbesartan I went up to 166 over 100 and my pulse was 96. I might as well not to have taken it. Spent all day feeling like my heart was going to burst out of chest!!! Good grief!"

kibbett (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "This medicine is garbage. I had been taking for 300 mg for 1 month made in China. Side affects are affecting my lower bones in my back and I am having hard time walking. Yes I got scared due to the recall on valsartan. But one some brands are not recalled and are ok ( you can access the list on drugs.com if you type in "valsartan recall" and scroll down). I took myself off of ibersartan and went back to valsartan. For me ibersartan is a terrible medicine and left me a mess and I am now under a doc to try and walk again. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Been taking this med since the Valsartan recall. Have had bouts with insomnia and anxiety. Does ok with Improving BP, but the side effects are not worth it. Dr prescribed a mild sedative but I just want to be off of this med...and get normal sleep again."

Dave Y (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was given 150mgs of this medication for moderate high blood pressure. I’ve never had a negative reaction to any medication until this stuff. While I realize everyone is different, this stuff shouldn’t be allowed on the market. I only took it for 3 days but I can’t even begin to tell you how terrible it made me feel. Anxious, extremely tired - yet inability to sleep at all (up 100% of the night), brain fog, feeling like a zombie, and weird buzzing feeling. This is a terrible medication and I don’t suggest anyone take it."

DrewB (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Terrible drug caused bleeding. Every muscle twitched and hurt. Will not put this medication into my body again!"

Hbp18 (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on 150mg for about two months now, since valsartan was recalled. Immediately, I experienced a nasty metallic taste/smell in my mouth and sinuses. It is also in my excrement. It doesn't go away and it's very annoying and getting worse. I've also noticed increased irritability and quick to make an unwanted comment! Night sweats are common all of a sudden. My BP is good: 120's/80 but it was good before with the valsartan. I'm a 68 yr old Male in pretty good shape physically, not over weight, and very active. Gonna call my cardiologist after labor day. Not happy with this."

BeBob (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I’ve been taken ibersartan for about 1 year. I went from taking 300mg to 150mg now to breaking the pill in half. My blood pressure is not consistent. I’m always tired, muscle aches, ankle swelling, headache, palpitations, dry cough periodically, blurred vision, night sweats, and uncontrollable anxiety. I wish I had read the comments prior to starting taking the pills."

Johnson (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 31, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Drug was great at first. Only side effects experienced were dizziness and strange dreams. However, after a few weeks on this I found myself very irritable and having lack of impulse control with what I would say and my eating habits."

Mara (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking Irbesartan after learning of the increased incidence of gastrointestinal problems using Olmesartan. Unfortunately like Losartan, Irbesartan did not control my BP well. It too rose to 220/100 taking 300mg Irbesartan and 0.3mg clonidine and 60mg Imdur daily. I was taking Losartan at maximum dose of 100mg with clonidine, and imdur daily it no longer was controlling my BP. It got up to 200/100...I switched to Olmesartan 40mg daily and within a day my BP dropped to 160/85 next day 140/80 then down to 119/64 and lowered dose to 20mg with 1 clonidine and 1 imdur. I switched to Irbesartan to avoid GI problems. but I guess I'll have to take my changes with Olmesartan as it seems that's the only one that works."

Juliette (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I am so glad I found this site. I have been on irbesartan for several years and have had a dry cough, sweating, tiredness, increased urination, trouble sleeping, sometimes shortness of breath, muscle cramps and general lack of interest in things. After reading these reviews I feel sure that these symptoms must be down to the Irbesartan. My doctor put me on to this drug because strokes are in my family. I'm going to stop taking the tablets whilst monitoring my blood pressure."

Desperateden (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 24, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "This medicine has not lowered my blood pressure much in 4 months. I feel weak, tired, very hard to breathe like I have asthma which causes me to panic and get anxiety, and when its cold out I have chest pains walking fast, headaches and some kind of weird swollen feeling in my throat and tonsil area all day that seem to ease up if a take a halls menthol but soon comes back, it also feels like I have angina, and on the days I forget to take my pill I feel wonderful. No side effects I can breathe no swollen feeling nothing I guess its time to look for a different med. Losartan did almost the same thing but not as intense."

Tfrom808 December 28, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "The first week I felt weak and had trouble with saying the right words in a sentence. I was dizzy and my tongue felt swollen, my lips felt swollen. I've been on this two weeks and now I'm a little dizzy and head feels bigger, and my eyes are not seeing clear as before. And I wish I could sleep all day, as it's hard to concentrate, and eyes feel half closed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I stopped taking irbesartan after 6 months due to muscle and joint pain. I stopped the meds 2 weeks ago and the pain is 90% gone. Why is this not listed in the pharmaceutical insert?"

Too Young to feel this awful (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I am a 44 female with inherited HBP. Due to having gout, they put me on this in February 2017 and had just a tad of dizziness until August when they changed manufacturers. The correlation didn't happen until last night unfortunately so I have been dealing with this since late August. My old knee (ACL) injury swelled up to the point where I struggle to bend or straighten in completely, my hips ache, hamstrings feel tight, muscles in my armpits feel like I weight-lifted all day, shoulder joints ache so bad - I feel like I have the flu! It seems to be worse at night and I wake up whenever I move - taking Advil which helps a bit. Also experiencing some depression (due to the constant pain and affect on my life in general)."

Shenry11 November 3, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I started getting leg cramps at night, I got lots of anxiety and couldn't go to sleep at night. I would get up to the bathroom 3 or 4 times during the night to urinate. Also had stiffness on my neck and hands. Have blurry vision ,swollen eyes and headaches. Have been taking irbesartan for 3 years. I'm going to stop for awhile to see if side effects go away."

Gaggie October 24, 2017

Avapro (irbesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I just started on 150 mg. Avapro last week - Sept. 14, 2017. I can no longer drink coffee all day & night. I get a false angina pain, pinching. I was on Clonidine which liked but my hair started falling out in large handfuls. Eek! Also, about 30 minutes into Clonidine I had to take a nap. So far, this one is better but my coffee intake is going down to 2 cups and only in the mornings now. I'm a little dizzy for a couple of hours after I take Avapro but Clonidine was much worse, actually. I will see how it goes..."

emmatoad (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Irbesartan now for 3 years I am currently on 150/ day but since July 1st 2017 my blood pressure readings have been for eg. 157/100 , 149/100 , 149/97 so does any buddy think I should be on maybe 2 pills per day ? I have not changed any thing in my diet I am. It over weight have not been drinking & do not eat salt and I absolutely have never smoked in my life but I am 54 any ideas out there that could keep my blood pressure lower until Friday at 3:30 when I go to my doctors appointment ? This is rediculously high readings as I I do not want kidney damage or any other issues that Re caused by high blood pressure"

Douglas R from Calgary Alberta (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Because of recent stress my Dr. Prescribed Irbesartin. In 3 months my pressure is normal no other symptoms from taking this drug. I am 81 years old "

Font (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "ARB's seem to be what I need and in the search for an affordable drug (no insurance) Ibersartan hit the jackpot. I take 150mg twice a day and my blood pressure is that of an 18 year old and I have not noticed any side effects that others mention. Great med and does a real good job. Glad I found a blood pressure med that I can take 2 pills a day instead of 6 or 8 with other classes of BP drugs."

DJRC March 30, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on Avapro 300mg for only 13 days, and am having severe heart palpitations, to the point where I had to go to the hospital. I'm a power walker/jogger and I'm used to resting heart rates of 60-67. Now I'm getting resting heart rates of 90-100. The anxiety is so bad that I have to take sedatives just to get my pulse down to to acceptable levels, like 80. Having a pulse of 104 is very difficult and dangerous. I look forward to 9:00PM when I take my Tiazac, which thankfully lowers my heart beat. Tomorrow, I'm going on Vasotec (Enalapril). If this also causes me heart palpitations, then I will be definitely be going to the hospital for more heart checks. In October I passed all the heart tests: ECG, Echocardiogram, stress, mibi."

Aquadur5 January 25, 2017