User Reviews for Indomethacin to treat Back Pain

Also known as: Indocin, Indocin SR, Tivorbex, Indocin IV

Indomethacin has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Back Pain. 75% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Indomethacin Rating Summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 165 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

abcdez January 28, 2011

“For back pain, this is the Cadillac. Fast acting, low cost, no side effects for either me or my wife. Most often used for lower back pain, usually of unknown cause. We start to use it after 1 day of pain that doesn't go away. Never need to use it for more than 2 days; often works within several hours. Always taken with a meal. ABSOLUTELY no side effects. Works when even the most expensive prescribed medications don't.”

tractormack July 7, 2019

“Would take indomethacin when I would get a gout attack and within hours, I would get instant relief. I only took 1-2 pills 50mg and then quit. So I've been experiencing lower back pain for at least 6-8 months. I have been to chiropractor numerous times with some relief. but muscle tension is still present after alignments. Yesterday started taking indomethacin and one day later for the first time, I feel the muscles relax in my back. Feels great to walk stand without the tension and stiffness that I was experiencing. This med works wonders!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more January 13, 2018

“forty years ago I took a course of indocin for degenerative spinal arthritis. I have been trying to get someone to listen to what happened but no one seems interested. Okay. The arthritis disappeared and has not recurred. I am 81 now. Also, at the time, I had been having monthly recurring cold sores- had even developed scar tissue on lip. After the indocin, no cold sores for 40 years. It can't be a coincidence!”

JW Dant · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2020

“Amazing little drug. I had back surgery two years ago and my pain was worse than before the surgery. I received epidural injections also without much success. After tearing ACL in my knee, the doctor prescribed this until I could get the surgery to repair it. This medication gave me relief for both problems like I have not had for years. I only take one pill at bedtime”

Slim · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 26, 2021

“About twice a year I get a gout issue in my ankle. I have found indomethacin incredibly effective. I have had a very sore lower back going on about 5 weeks now. So bad in the morning I can't wash myself in the shower. Well, I developed a little gout yesterday and took one indomethacin pill. Took a nap. I woke up with 100% elimination of back pain. Wow! Very impressed. Yes, it still works with my minor gout but it is a godsend for lower back pain.”

Von · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2021

“I get severe back pain. Degenerative disc, beginning signs of stenosis. I'll hear my vertebrae click out of place then it's on. This drug is not very effective at all. They gave me an injection of toradol, I think it was called. Did get about 10% relief. On my second dose of this 50mg and I swear aleve works better. Waste of money imo. I wish they could still prescribe real pain meds. I understand we are in the midst of a narcotic abuse problem in the USA, but good God. There are times when that's all that really works.”

mome1226 February 18, 2011

Indocin (indomethacin): “I have battled with scoliosis for 15 years and have been given all kinds of nsaids to help with the pain.. This was the most recent and it has done nothing for the pain I'm experiencing.”