User Reviews for Simponi Aria

Simponi Aria has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings on Drugs.com. 35% of those users who reviewed Simponi Aria reported a positive effect, while 47% reported a negative effect.

Rheumatoid Arthritis
8.5
Summary of Simponi Aria reviews 4.9 17 reviews

Reviews for Simponi Aria

Jims54 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 9, 2021

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “Started infusions of Simponi Aria about two years ago when Medicare wouldn’t cover Enbrel, which worked for me for 20 years. At first the infusions seemed to work. Then, about 6 months ago I came down with pneumonia, followed immediately by shingles, both caused by lowered immune system. A month ago I came down with pneumonia again, also caused by lowered immune system. I believe this drug is dangerous, and would rather deal with the pain than risk my life.”

Tony April 10, 2021

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “I'm exactly 19 days after first Simponi aria infusion. I'll never take it again. I've developed some type viral infection in my inner ear /vestibular nerve that put me in the hospital for four days. Woke up 3am on day 14 with extreme tinnitus, dizzy, vomiting, and now deaf in left ear. I believe the simponi caused this virus/sinus infection/labrynthitis to go bat crazy. Today I'm still 100 percent deaf in left ear with screaming tinnitis and very dizzy when standing. This causes infections that you may already have , to go off the charts. But how would you know if you have some kind of infection is starting. As far as my back pain, it has gone..but maybe because I've been laying in bed for a week. I don't know. Think very hard before taking Simponi. I know many have received relief from it. Weigh out your risk to reward with it.”

V V · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 2, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have been on this for about 5 years and have had RA for 40 years and tried lots of medications. But this one works for me the best. I also take Methotrexate with this and I have been free from illness over the past 3 years. I am only tired the week that I get the infusion and then I am fine after that. Glad to be able to move like I want to most of the time.”

Ifeelsogood! August 7, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I just had my 2nd infusion and I feel so much better. I can do my everyday chores around the house without pain and fatigue. I feel like I am getting more oxygen, I know that sounds crazy but it is true. I can breath better.No stiffness in the mornings. I walk like a normal person again. My hair is falling out more that normal, I don't know if its the simponi , methatrate, or plaquenil. Going to call my doctor about my hair.I am on the drug company's assistance plan. I pay $ 5.00 for the simponi and $55.00 to the infusion center. ( thank god!) Simponi infusion costs $6500.00 with out insurance for 1 infusion. (August 2016, USA) I am 53, I feel better now than I have in 6 years. I have RA. Hope this helps someone decide to try simponi aire.”

Mrs. OT November 1, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “A recent dx of RA and AS has been debilitating, my Dr. said I should have been on meds 10 years ago due to the progression of these diseases. I started methotrexate 5 months ago with zero success. My first infusion with Simponi was 3 weeks ago and I feel so much better, I am praying that it continues to help!”

Chrystal · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2020

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “Was doing fine for about 12 weeks. Then I broke out with a Whole new form of palmoplanter pustule psoriasis and my regular plaque psoriasis came back almost vengeful to the point where my skin feels like it is burning. I had my first infusion in Aug, the again the second one 4 weeks later and by the middle of my 8 week stretch was when these rashes happened. My first three days after the infusion I experienced vomiting, and extreme tiredness but overall I felt fine. The second infusion was pretty much the same but then all this happened. I am so sore on my hands and feet it feels like I am walking or touching broken glass. I have to wear vinyl gloves to keep the moisture on my hands and keep my feet wrapped with non stick gauze and taped and covered so I don’t developers a secondary type of infection from something else. I can’t take the pain so my husband has pushed me to hire a cleaning lady to do my housework because all I am able to do it lay around. This is no way to live.”

Lena P · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 7, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have taken just about all the meds you can think of. Some are better than others but after a while too many symptoms come up. My latest Simponi seemed great in the beginning but as others stated I was tired all the time. Contracted pneumonia, edema in the ankles and 3 UTI's in 6 months. So I am going to go off. I think it suppressed my immune system so much I was sick all the time. Not sure if I will try Humira - which others are taking and seem to be ok with it.”

Daughtrofthekng · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 5, 2020

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I have been taking Simponi Aria for my ankylosing spondylitits AS. So far it has worked great. It’s definitely the best one I have been on. The only reactions I have had was in the beginning. I have asthma and that was triggered the first two treatments song with a racing heart. I do feel depressed on day 7 which is really weird but that has been a side effect for me with all biologics.”

H · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 22, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “I received Simponi Arianinfusions from 12/2018 to 6/2019. I’ve had 4 UTI’s the last infection on 9/2019 went to my kidneys, I was hospitalized with Sepsis. Now I’ve been referred to a Hemotologist due to High Myelocytes. I always feel sick, tired, weak...I’ve also been prescribed Lipitor for extremely high Cholesterol. I’m a vegetarian and eat healthy. I’ve never had this problems prior to Simponi Aria Infusions.”

Emm · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “No pain or skin issues after 3 days, but about 2 weeks after the first injection I got sick for the 1st time. The fatigue set in at week 3. I was well again at week 4 right in time for my next dose. Once again by week 3 I was sick with the worst throat /adenoid infection that just wouldn't quit. The fatigue is life changing. Dr. took me off after my second throat infection in 6 weeks.”

Sfsheehy June 27, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I was dx with sero positive RA nearly 35 years ago and have been on just about every NSAID, dmard, infusion and combinations of these. Simponi Aria along with lefunimide is my current cocktail. While it seems to be keeping my joint pain under control, my fatigue is off the charts and I have lots of body aches, frequent headaches and gastro problems. My bp and glucose levels are also elevated, though I'm not sure if this is due to this medication, or not.”

Tucker's Gaga August 9, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have had 3 infusions and I am tired all the time and just want to sleep. My vision has also been more blurry. I understand the immune system can be lower on Simponi. I now have the shingles on my face and I had the shingles vaccine two years ago. I have had RA for 33 years and Plaquenil has helped me more than anything as far as stiffness and pain. Have been taking it for at least 20 years. I also take celebrex and methotrexate.”

Unsatisfied customer September 15, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I had to take Simponi for a brief time due to a change in insurance. I was taking Enbrel previously and was almost symptom free. Simponi did not help my RA at all! I took it once a week for about 8 weeks. I decided to pay the extra monthly expense for the Enbrel!”

H · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 19, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “I’ve been on Simponi Aria infusions. They have helped with pain and stiffness for Approx 4 weeks. I take prednisone for break through pain. Sometimes I sleep for 72 hrs because of fatigue. Have had to add another HBP Rx! Praying for strength to discontinue.”

Test subject 8975532 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Simponi Aria was no help in joint pain. Feel stupid, I have very hard time understanding people, my eyesight changed worse. I see objects but it takes me awhile to comprehend what I am looking at. I limit my driving as I worry crashing. If it’s like this I rather die, as I can’t do my work. Already like being by myself but not feeling like an idiot.”

ark drummer June 5, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Amazing. I noticed a difference after my first infusion, So thankful to have the use of my hands back (musician). No side effects at all.”

Anonymous May 17, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I think it makes me sad. This was my 3rd dose and I'm almost suicidal.”