User Reviews for Simponi Aria to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Simponi Aria has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 30% reported a negative effect.

Simponi Aria Rating Summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 305 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Simponi Aria

Ifeelsogood! August 7, 2016

“I just had my 2nd infusion and I feel so much better. I can do my everyday chores around the house without pain and fatigue. I feel like I am getting more oxygen, I know that sounds crazy but it is true. I can breath better.No stiffness in the mornings. I walk like a normal person again. My hair is falling out more that normal, I don't know if its the simponi , methatrate, or plaquenil. Going to call my doctor about my hair.I am on the drug company's assistance plan. I pay $ 5.00 for the simponi and $55.00 to the infusion center. ( thank god!) Simponi infusion costs $6500.00 with out insurance for 1 infusion. (August 2016, USA) I am 53, I feel better now than I have in 6 years. I have RA. Hope this helps someone decide to try simponi aire.”

V V · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 2, 2020

“I have been on this for about 5 years and have had RA for 40 years and tried lots of medications. But this one works for me the best. I also take Methotrexate with this and I have been free from illness over the past 3 years. I am only tired the week that I get the infusion and then I am fine after that. Glad to be able to move like I want to most of the time.”

Lena P · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 7, 2018

“I have taken just about all the meds you can think of. Some are better than others but after a while too many symptoms come up. My latest Simponi seemed great in the beginning but as others stated I was tired all the time. Contracted pneumonia, edema in the ankles and 3 UTI's in 6 months. So I am going to go off. I think it suppressed my immune system so much I was sick all the time. Not sure if I will try Humira - which others are taking and seem to be ok with it.”

Scottielover · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 15, 2021

“I began taking Simponi about 2 years ago. I've had RA for over 40 years. It really helped my all of my symptoms of RA. However I was diagnosed with Grovers disease within a few months, This is an intolerable skin condition with severe and constant itching. In May of this year I was diagnosed with Liposarcoma in my abdomen This is a rare cancer of the soft tissue/ fat cells. I am recovering from major surgery in June to remove the tumor. Doctors believe the tumor was contained and I am now cancer free. Now my RA is out of control with Joint pain. I will see my Rheumatologist this week to determine what to do. Seems like all biologics have a risk of cancer but of course I can't say it caused mine.”

Sfsheehy June 27, 2016

“I was dx with sero positive RA nearly 35 years ago and have been on just about every NSAID, dmard, infusion and combinations of these. Simponi Aria along with lefunimide is my current cocktail. While it seems to be keeping my joint pain under control, my fatigue is off the charts and I have lots of body aches, frequent headaches and gastro problems. My bp and glucose levels are also elevated, though I'm not sure if this is due to this medication, or not.”

Tucker's Gaga August 9, 2016

“I have had 3 infusions and I am tired all the time and just want to sleep. My vision has also been more blurry. I understand the immune system can be lower on Simponi. I now have the shingles on my face and I had the shingles vaccine two years ago. I have had RA for 33 years and Plaquenil has helped me more than anything as far as stiffness and pain. Have been taking it for at least 20 years. I also take celebrex and methotrexate.”

Unsatisfied customer September 15, 2015

“I had to take Simponi for a brief time due to a change in insurance. I was taking Enbrel previously and was almost symptom free. Simponi did not help my RA at all! I took it once a week for about 8 weeks. I decided to pay the extra monthly expense for the Enbrel!”

Test subject 8975532 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2020

“Simponi Aria was no help in joint pain. Feel stupid, I have very hard time understanding people, my eyesight changed worse. I see objects but it takes me awhile to comprehend what I am looking at. I limit my driving as I worry crashing. If it’s like this I rather die, as I can’t do my work. Already like being by myself but not feeling like an idiot.”

ark drummer June 5, 2015

“Amazing. I noticed a difference after my first infusion, So thankful to have the use of my hands back (musician). No side effects at all.”

Anonymous May 17, 2015

“I think it makes me sad. This was my 3rd dose and I'm almost suicidal.”

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis