User Reviews for Fluticasone/umeclidinium/vilanterol to treat COPD

Also known as: Trelegy Ellipta

Fluticasone/umeclidinium/vilanterol has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 70 ratings for the treatment of COPD. 49% of those users who reviewed Fluticasone/umeclidinium/vilanterol reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Fluticasone/umeclidinium/vilanterol Rating Summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 118 medications used in the treatment of COPD.

Reviews for Fluticasone/umeclidinium/vilanterol

Norma · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2021

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “How do you know if you're not getting the amount of medication you should? Or if you have a faulty Trelegy dispenser?”

Jan · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2021

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I have been on trelegy almost 3 months. I am so achy, tired and just worn out. Not to mention the cough. I will be calling my doctor to discontinue. I gave it a good try. I can’t say it was any better than Advair and Tudorza as my breathing is the same. I will go back to twice a day inhalers if need be. With the copay from the manufacture I had zero cost to me.”

windhog · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2021

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “After taking trelegy for two weeks there was no noticeable improvement in breathing. After week three I woke up with very sore throat, hard to breath could not talk, I had lost my voice, totally got into a fit of coughing so bad I thought I was going to hurt myself, as I was throwing up and couldn't clear my throat. I almost called for ambulance to go to ER. Very bad experience will never take again and do not recommend!!”

Knoman · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 29, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I had used Advair and Spiriva for many years and my COPD was slowly getting worse and worse. My doctor put me on oxygen. The bathroom is only a few feet from my bed, and I couldn't make it in there without my oxygen on. Every 3 months or so, I would have to go to the E.R. for a breathing treatment and steroids. About 2 years ago, he told me to use Trelegy instead. I recently noticed that I wasn't using my oxygen while in my room. And I wasn't needing the oxygen to go to the bathroom. And I was walking all over the house without my oxygen on. I haven't been to the E.R. in over 2 years now. I know that there isn't a cure for COPD, but I honestly think that Trelegy has stopped the progression. Trelegy costs me $3.60 a month. I am on Standard Medicare and Obamacare.”

Constant · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I have been on Trelegy Ellipta for 12 days. It's been a God send. But I am worried with side effects after reading the reviews. I've was taken my Albuterol every 4 to 6 hours ( sometimes more) Symbicort 2x day and nebulizer. I could barely function. I couldn't walk from one room to another with out gasping to breath. Yet my oxygen. Is always between 90-97. Never understood that. Severe COPD. 4 TH STAGE. I've tried so many inhalers. Lung are only functioning at 25%. Pulmonary Dr. Is now discussing lung transplant. I'm NOT on oxygen nor have I ever been. ( Hope not to ). I just started pulmonary rehabilitation last week. Trelegy so far has been a GOOD game changer for me. I pray it continues to work. I'm able to do more again, breath better, use rescue inhaler less. Lord let this wonder medication continue to work.”

Alice · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2019

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I have 3rd stage emphysema and was put on Pro Air. It worked really good so when I changed Drs. He put me on Trelegy also. Said to keep Pro Air for emergencies. The Trelegy helped really well for about a month...I wasn't using Pro Air at all. Then the 2nd month I started getting short of breath again and having to use the P.A. more often. Now my body feels as tho its trying to seize up on me. I almost forgot it was causing both my eyes to jump almost non stop. They started to bother me quite a bit. Now something is going on with my legs. They had never swelled a day before but now seem to stay swelled. I have decided to not take any tomorrow and rely on my inhaler. I can barely move and it feels like I'm in slow motion when I do. Also my toes started to seize on me. That was a terrible feeling. Its not worth feeling like this to me...plus its making me feel really weak.”

Boomer · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2021

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “The first while I took trelegy I noticed an improvement in breathing. Then for the last month not near as effective. Started getting thrush in my mouth, painful little sores, even though I rinse with salt water. And listerine..I will stop using it”

Kat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 15, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “Took this for appx. 2 months and started noticing side effects: blurry vision, flu like feeling, muscle aches and cramps, and seemed to be getting less effective at controlling breathlessness. Quit taking and went to optometrist and my eyes had developed cataracts, got a prescription for glasses and assurance from Dr. that cataracts could be kept under control. Aches and pains went away so I decided to give Trelegy another try. I have taken it again for appx. 1 month and I have flu like symptoms back, muscle aches and cramps, and bone pain in legs. My anion gap has gone from an 8 to a 4 in 6 months. I am discontinuing for the second time as I believe it is causing dangerous side effects. It helped my breathing but I am afraid of the adverse side effects.”

Sandy · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I have been taking Symbicort for several years without any noticeable side effects. My doctor prescribed Trelegy and I took it for twenty seven days and had swollen ankles, legs ,hands and a bloated face. I quit taking it and resumed Symbicort and now have no noticeable swelling just after two days.”

Rich · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I used for 6 weeks one drug to treat 3 conditions great idea . At first seem to work great. After 3 weeks started to bloat up, excessive gas that couldn't be relieved , extreme constipation, just totally bound up. At 5 weeks I got pneumonia in my left lung. l can't believe this drug is marketed - it did more damage in 6 weeks than if I took no meds for years. Never had pneumonia before you have no idea how painful. If this had affected both lungs I would likely not be leaving this review. You have been warned.”

None · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 23, 2019

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I have been using Trelegy for 2 Months. My breathing has improved 99%. Have not had to use my rescue inhaler at all since starting this. Have not used my nebulizer either. I feel like my old self. Could not be happier..”

Johnny October 25, 2019

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “Doctor gave me a 14 day sample. I took first and only dose in his office with him. By the time I left the parking structure, I started having a very heavy and deep cough. Burning sensation in bottom of lungs. Coughing for two days now, limited sleep. I was having good results with Breo and now Dr. gave this this and it has made me very sick. Constipation, loss of taste and feel like I am getting pneumonia. God help me.”

Greg · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “Was on wixela (generic advair) and spiriva but not going well. Tried trelegy with incredible results. Several days of first 14 day trail I felt, for the first time since diagnosis, like I didn’t even have asthma. Wow, very hopeful again. Wonderful!”

Bill K · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 30, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I have been using Trelegy for about 2 years now. No side effects. I have been able to exercise more effectively, with very little to no shortness of breath. In November 2018 I was forced to walk 8 miles through a unexpected snow storm to get home. I feel that Trelegy enabled me to so this with really no ill effects. Great drug !”

Mike July 18, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I have COPD and was on Symbicort from 2013 to 2018 and then on Trelegy. On the Symbicort turbo haler I needed to get up after 6 hrs sleep and have a morning puff. Now 72 yo, I found Trelegy enabled me to sleep in (I'm retired and thats something I hadn't done in years) so remarkable improvement and no admissions in 2 years). 2020 nos Fev1 38 Pef 58!”

tony October 23, 2019

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I've been taken trelegy for over a year for COPD. When I first start using it was great. I don't smoke, not over weight. The last couple of weeks I lost my breath walking down the stairs. It does not seem to work as well has it once did”

Jock · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2021

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I almost died from having every side effect listed. Three Dr.s and a 2-day hospital visit later, and no one was able to figure out in 3 months that it was causing all my problems! I looked up the side effects yesterday and solved all my health issues. The hospital that I was in does not prescribe it.”

Nan · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 10, 2019

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “After being on 3 other meds, my Dr. suggested trelegy since it was 3 meds in 1. I saw a big improvement right away. Re: side effects, I haven't noticed any, although I am 77 and live with chronic pain and other problems which make it difficult sometimes to know what is causing what, if that makes sense. It has given me a more positive outlook about the COPD now that I'm using oxygen less and my breathing is much better.”

Spot · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2019

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I have just changed from Fostair & Eklira Genuair which, when first started years ago, worked fine I have now been on Trelegy for 10 days without any side effects yet but a HUGE improvement in my breathing. I feel as though I am breathing from my whole lungs (what's left of them through 40 years of smoking) Obviously stopped smoking many years ago. Here's a TIP to give up smoking: Do it after a bronchial infection that prevents your smoking for a week or two - after that it is much easier”

Dennis October 7, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “My Pulmonary Dr put me on Trelegy starting with a 2 month sample. It did wonders for me, my breathing improved and I feel so much better. When I ordered it thru my pharmacy I was shocked to find out a 90 day supply costs me $405.20. I'm retired and have no additional income, so it appears the one drug that helps me is unaffordable to me.”

MSmith6747 · Taken for less than 1 month October 20, 2019

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “Trelegy is absolutely amazing! From day one I have such great improvement in my breathing. The problems I had are reduced so much. I hardly use my inhaler. Wheezing and mucus are barely there. Shortness of breath is greatly reduced. Sleeping is so much better too. I am very happy with Trelegy.”

Constant · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I've been on this since February 12, 2020. At first it seemed a miracle ! I've been to ER Thursday and Friday for severe back pain. They thought maybe kidney stones. After a Cat scan, x-ray, blood work every thing looks fine ( had a plate put in neck 8 years ago) but back pain is unbelievable! I've been in bed with limited movement with heating pad or ice, and prescription lidocaine pain patch. Today is Sunday February 23 and feel no better. I'm debating on taking it today. Any one else have back pain? Constant Constantine ”

wheezy anna August 9, 2019

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “My breathing became worse when using Trelegy. I was so frightened .When having a shower had to lean on the wall as I couldn't get my breath . I went to see my Doctor he told me to stop taking it my chest is a bit better but not right. I stopped smoking 6 months ago and feel worse than when I did smoke”

Bobby · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2019

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I was on Trelegy for 1 week and developed upper respiratory infection. Went on antibiotics and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. I went off it and still have congested and cough and rash around my neck. I will never take this again”

Gal Val · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I had been using ProAir and Symbicort for several years, prescribed by my PCP. I started seeing a pulmonologist to find out what stage COPD I have. During my visit with him he suggested Trelegy, giving me samples of it to try. At first I felt a definite difference in my breathing, only having to use it once a day and not having to rely on my ProAir that much. And I only had to use my nebulizer once, at night. However, after using Trelegy for a little over a week I ended up with pneumonia, which is one side effect of Trelegy. My PCP placed me on an antibiotic and Prednisone, which is a steroid. Now I'm wondering whether I have too much steroids in my system.”

Raul · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “Dr. wanted to try Trelegy instead of current med Symbicort. First todays were a miracle of full breaths with No shortness. By the end of the week I was taken to the Hospital with Severe Respiratory failure. The first days were so wonderful I have actually toyed with trying it again? But No.”

Bow · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “Trelegy Ellipta definitely improved my breathing but gave me side effects of a racing heartbeat and palpitations so had to stop it and go back to Spiolto Respimat which is also very good and with no bad side effects.”

Jules · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2018

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “I have used many inhalers over the past 6 years for COPD, Adviar, Spariva and Breo. This by far has given me the most relief from my condition. It has improved my ability to go up and down my stairs, do more walking and outside activities. It has offered a better quality of life. Thanks Trelegy!”