User Reviews for Fluticasone/umeclidinium/vilanterol

Asthma   6.8
COPD   6.5

Reviews for Fluticasone/umeclidinium/vilanterol

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 4, 2021

For COPD: “Hasn't worked at all. Mucus still in chest which is the real problem”

Boomer · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2021

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “The first while I took trelegy I noticed an improvement in breathing. Then for the last month not near as effective. Started getting thrush in my mouth, painful little sores, even though I rinse with salt water. And listerine..I will stop using it”

Breathing free · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2021

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for Asthma: “After 2 weeks on Trelegy, an $800 air purifier and 3 humidifiers, one on each floor of the house, am feeling great! Have had asthma most of my life. No side effects yet! Have tried different inhalers that were not nearly as effective.”

Mac C January 8, 2021

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for Asthma: “Got 6 weeks sample of Trelegy, I have been using just a rescue inhaler. Occasionally they would not be effective and I would need to go to hospital. Steroids generally just cleared it up. Other than that decent functionality for an asthmatic. At first it seemed like nights weren't as bad, they had been the worst before. This still seems to basically be true; however, now my nose get completely stopped up at night, an inconvenience, but not the end of the world. The real issue is all of the phlegm, and the constantly being out of breath. Before I was able to work all day and maybe need a puff or two from the rescue. Now I can't even walk 100 yards and I am literally producing cups of phlegm a day and coughing a lot. At this point I think I am going to discontinue use, I started slowly putting off when I take it, and it seems like I am doing better before I take the medication. Then within 30 min I'm having breathing issues.”

cokie December 27, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “Took for 3 days, after I finished taking it I would cough then nose started to bleed. This happened for 4 more days, called the dr he said to stop taking it. No more cough or nose bleed.”

HuffPuff December 13, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for Asthma: “Lifelong asthmatic here. Been using albuterol inhalers since I can remember multiple times per day. Advair for 20+ years. Tried injections and too many other meds to list. Just this week my doctor gave me sample of Trelegy...it's like magic so far, made my Ventolin disappear since I have not reached for it in 5 days. Have not had side effects, hope this continues....”

Mercedes · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “I was on this for 2 months and believe it caused me to be hospitalized with pneumonia! Changed med to Bevespi and Asmanex and have had no problems since.”

N.Paulley · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “Trelegy Ellipta Absolutely works for my Emphysema. I don’t think I would be able to function without it. $1588.91 for a 3 months supply. Insurance calls it non-formulatory. Wish I could find it more affordable somewhere.”

Knoman · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 29, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “I had used Advair and Spiriva for many years and my COPD was slowly getting worse and worse. My doctor put me on oxygen. The bathroom is only a few feet from my bed, and I couldn't make it in there without my oxygen on. Every 3 months or so, I would have to go to the E.R. for a breathing treatment and steroids. About 2 years ago, he told me to use Trelegy instead. I recently noticed that I wasn't using my oxygen while in my room. And I wasn't needing the oxygen to go to the bathroom. And I was walking all over the house without my oxygen on. I haven't been to the E.R. in over 2 years now. I know that there isn't a cure for COPD, but I honestly think that Trelegy has stopped the progression. Trelegy costs me $3.60 a month. I am on Standard Medicare and Obamacare.”

Dennis October 7, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “My Pulmonary Dr put me on Trelegy starting with a 2 month sample. It did wonders for me, my breathing improved and I feel so much better. When I ordered it thru my pharmacy I was shocked to find out a 90 day supply costs me $405.20. I'm retired and have no additional income, so it appears the one drug that helps me is unaffordable to me.”

Tempedan · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 5, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for Asthma: “5 years with no dental cavities. After using Trelegy according to instructions for just over SIX MONTHS I have just been diagnosed with EIGHT cavities costing ~$2000 to repair! After breathing the powder I always rinse THREE times. My dentist has recommended BRUSHING after use as well now that we see these side effects! I'm also finding the drug less effective after six months and now need to use Rescue Inhaler at least once per day which I did not need at all after starting on Trelegy.”

Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 5, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol): “Trelegy is much too strong for me, it hurts my lungs when I breathe it in. After using it for months, I felt worse. Much more Thick Mucus, terrible cough and although it did help a little with the SOB, I felt worse. I stopped taking it altogether and I swear, I never felt better, no more phlegm, no cough, I know that it irritated my lungs so bad and that is why the cough and the increased phlegm. I was my second attempt, (7 months apart that I tried Trelegy with the same results, never again!!!!”

Sars · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 28, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “Was on Symbicort and Seebri for about six years, went to see specialist she put me on Trelegy have never felt better, hardly use ventolin it is the best thing I have been on. I am in Australia our government subsidies all medicines for pension age people to $6.30 per script otherwise it would cost me $40.60 per month.”

Bow · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “Trelegy Ellipta definitely improved my breathing but gave me side effects of a racing heartbeat and palpitations so had to stop it and go back to Spiolto Respimat which is also very good and with no bad side effects.”

Mike July 18, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “I have COPD and was on Symbicort from 2013 to 2018 and then on Trelegy. On the Symbicort turbo haler I needed to get up after 6 hrs sleep and have a morning puff. Now 72 yo, I found Trelegy enabled me to sleep in (I'm retired and thats something I hadn't done in years) so remarkable improvement and no admissions in 2 years). 2020 nos Fev1 38 Pef 58!”

Greg · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “Was on wixela (generic advair) and spiriva but not going well. Tried trelegy with incredible results. Several days of first 14 day trail I felt, for the first time since diagnosis, like I didn’t even have asthma. Wow, very hopeful again. Wonderful!”

Bill K · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 30, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “I have been using Trelegy for about 2 years now. No side effects. I have been able to exercise more effectively, with very little to no shortness of breath. In November 2018 I was forced to walk 8 miles through a unexpected snow storm to get home. I feel that Trelegy enabled me to so this with really no ill effects. Great drug !”

Raul · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “Dr. wanted to try Trelegy instead of current med Symbicort. First todays were a miracle of full breaths with No shortness. By the end of the week I was taken to the Hospital with Severe Respiratory failure. The first days were so wonderful I have actually toyed with trying it again? But No.”

Junior · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 11, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “A wonder drug it controls my chronic asthma magnificently. The asthma cough it does not. I still have that old dry cough. It might be and allergy. When you use it be sure to rinse mouth with water. When I first took Trelegy cough stop from the shock of new medication but returned a month later. But my breathing is awesome.”

Nell March 14, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “I am having a hard time using this inhaler due to the powder being so concentrated. It makes me cough every time I begin to inhale it. I wonder how effective it is if I am unable to breathe it all the way in. I have switched back to Breo because it does not make me cough when inhaling the medication.”

Goose · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “I posted on here originally on March 1st, today is the tenth and I have stopped using Trelegy and went back on my old inhalers. On trelegy I had a heaviness in trying to breath, and developed a soft but nagging cough... I wish it would have worked, much easier to manage than 3 inhalers...... ”

Sandy · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “I have been taking Symbicort for several years without any noticeable side effects. My doctor prescribed Trelegy and I took it for twenty seven days and had swollen ankles, legs ,hands and a bloated face. I quit taking it and resumed Symbicort and now have no noticeable swelling just after two days.”

Piper chris · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “This drug seemed far too strong for me Felt exhausted and fluey. Gone back to old spiroresp No problems with that”

Cat · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “I was having so much trouble breathing. This medication lasts 24 hours and I'm breathing so much better,”

Breathe February 25, 2020

Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol) for COPD: “Trelegy use made me not hungry and food taste gross. I now use breo and incruse and I don't get it they are all made by the same company but I don't get my food tasting bad by what I am using now. Trelegy for me has a $10 co pay and I spend $60 more in copays because what I'm on now doesn't make my food taste bad.”