User Reviews for Wixela Inhub

Asthma, Maintenance   1.9

Reviews for Wixela Inhub

24hourmama February 6, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Forced by insurance to switch from side-effect-free Advair 500/50 to Wixela. At first I could not figure out why I was nauseous every morning and evening, and it only kept getting worse. After five or six days, the nausea was extreme and that evening I was vomiting and flu-like twenty minutes after my evening dose. Finally put it together, and realized Wixela was not only causing it, but was probably the reason my cough and phlegm level had been worse that week. Of course my doctor insisted it is "the same" and the insurance has denied my request to go back to Advair. This product is NOT the same. Reading the horror stories on here has convinced me that this medication is dangerous. I will be rationing my precious Advair. Cannot afford $400 a month for it. Hopefully my doc with switch me to something else, but Advair works so well, I am livid.”

Sick · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This medication is bad. It should be taken off the market. I got so sick on this. I got a very bad headache, racing heart beat, and thrush, it made me nervous. I just felt really bad. The medication does not come out right - you either get too much medication or none at all it does not get into the lungs, it just stays in the back of the throat and that is how I got the thrush. My doctor now has it so the prescription is dispense as written so the Pharmacist will now fill it with the Advair thank goodness. Like I said Wixela Inhub should be taken off the market as it is dangerous. If I could I would give it a 0 rating”

Jenny · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 12, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This is the worst inhaler I've every used. I was forced to switch to this due to insurance not covering name brand. I've had nothing but problems breathing since I started taking it. I've been fighting constantly with the insurance to cover the name brand, even at a higher price but it's super difficult. How can they still sell this stuff, it's horrible.”

Scared · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Please don't use this drug Wixela Inhub. I started using Wixel 2 months ago. I'm always afraid of new medicine so I started taking it at 2 puffs a day for my asthma. I developed sore throat, headaches, voice hoarse, then heart racing. I have a neurological illness as well so I thought it was the problem. 3 weeks ago I had a possible TIA (ministroke). I'm only 55. Lost sight totally in my left eye for hours with increased weakness and headache. Today I thought to look into this inhaler for side effects. Then checked the reviews here . I won't ever use this again. I need to live to care for my daughter. This medication shouldn't be on the market.”

BriM · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This Wixela Inhub inhaler does not work at all and I think the problem at least with mine is no powder is coming out. Like others the first few times it spit a gross amount of powder in my mouth but after about 10 uses that stopped and now zero powder is coming out. I think it's a double edged sword; if powder comes out, it comes out in a consistency that is too big doesn't penetrate into the lungs. When it stops doing this nothing comes out which it's probably clogged but there isn't any way to take it apart and clear a clog like you can with aerosol inhaler.”

Chuck October 17, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Absolute garbage! I was switched over from Advair a week ago. My asthma has been completely under control for years with Advair. After one week of using this my chest gets tight a couple hours after using it and I have mucus building up in my lungs that causes me to cough and hack all day. I’m actually better off just not taking any medicine at all. How did this drug get approved?”

Marg · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 13, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I was using Breo for years, thankfully because there was a coupon. Otherwise, my insurance would never cover it nor could I afford it. The coupon was discontinued during the pandemic (of course!), and I could not afford to purchase it even with some insurance coverage. My doctor prescribed Wixela, and it is basically worthless. It requires two inhalations a day vs. Breo's one, the inhaler itself is strangely designed, and I can feel the powder all over my tongue. The biggest issue is that I cannot breathe. One puff of Breo and I was out running five miles. With Wixela, I am gasping for air.”

AT October 10, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Mild asthma patient, with everything under control using Advair Diskus 250/50. As with others, my insurance stopped paying for the brand name and had to switch to Wixela. My symptoms went from non-existent (with Advair) to bad to worse. Stopped taking Wixela and things got better and I only had regular(!) asthma. Paid out of pocket for the Advair and everything was wonderful again. One year later- Chest pain is better, but not like it used to be. I now need a higher dosage of Advair than ever before, I will need to pay $4,000 a year for it, but it keeps me healthy. FDA should do something.”

Meadow8888 · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I had just recently been put on Wixela Inhub like everyone else who was on Advair. I have been taking Advair for many years having NO side effects at all, and it working very well for my asthma. As soon as I started using the Wixela Inhub I started to get severe heart palpitations/racing and after only a couple of days had to stop taking it!!! WAY too dangerous!! My pharmacist said that if my Doctor fills out an "adverse side effect form" on it etc.... that he will be able to put me back on Advair, and it still be covered!! By the comments here and how I feel from the Wixela Inhub, it should be taken off the market!!”

Sisgal October 2, 2020

“My pharmacist switched me to Wixela because it was less expensive than Advair. Within 2 weeks my mouth was full of sores. My doctor wrote me a prescription for Advair only. My sores went away. I had been taking Advair for 11 years, at the time my insurance paid enough for only a 10.00 savings when they switched me to Wixela. Now my insurance will not cover to the tune of my cost being $220.00 per month rather than $25.00 per month. Don't want to take the Wixela again. Don't know how I am suppose to pay this much when I have good insurance on my husband's work. But the drug Wixela is being pushed on me now. Horrible”

Jeriann October 1, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I’m a 64 year old female... and have been using Advair for years for asthma, it worked great! Now I can only get Wixela because my insurance won’t pay for Advair anymore and, it’s super expensive to buy. I only used the Wixela two times, and both times I was so light headed I could hardly stand up. The 2nd time I used it I was light headed and felt like the powder was so heavy and thick on my throat it choked me. Also, that afternoon I went to the store, my husband drove me, because I was light headed feeling. I went into the store and my foot started to drag and I couldn’t lift it up hardly, I thought I was having a stroke, so I went to the hospital and had every test you can have, CT scan MRI, MRA and echo cardio gram. Also, tons of blood work done and everything came back great nothing wrong with any of the test. So they said maybe a possible TIA only because of symptoms I had, never had another symptom since that was two months ago. I will NEVER use Wixela again.”

Cocoacontessa September 15, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I am a 50 yr old female-no health issues other than occasional mild asthma from air quality/high pollen count issues. I’ve used Advair as a maintenance inhaler for years with no problems. I developed cough variant asthma right in the height of COVID. The pharmacy switched me to Wixela without even telling me-didn’t know until I opened the bag. Used it for 2 months and developed the worst raw/sore throat of my life, heavy chest pressure and rapid heart beat (could feel my heart pounding). Stopped using Wixela 4 weeks ago and the sore throat and chest pressure have gone away but my heart beat is still rapid-I can feel it when I’m in bed falling asleep! Now my doctor has ordered a stress test etc to figure out what’s going on with my heart. Stay away from Wixela!! This is a very dangerous drug!!”

KAE September 9, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I’ve been using Advair for years. It managed my asthma perfectly and there was never a problem. Was given Wixela by my pharmacy the month it came out (they didn’t even tell me it had switched). Now I notice my throat hurts all the time and I’ve got headaches. It still manages my asthma, but I’m not a lab rat and I shouldn’t have these side effects. I’m going to see if I can go back to Advair.”

Kyak · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Very disappointed with Wixela this new generic asthma medication. I was on Wixela Inhub for three months and finally had to go back to to my doctor to get Advair. I had constant coughing followed by phlegm and chest congestion. I was using my emergency inhaler several times a week and several times on prednisone. I started using over the counter cough medication just to stop the coughing so I could sleep. During the day I used throat lozenges to keep the cough from starting. I talked to the pharmacist about the differences between Wixela and Advair and was told that it had the same ingredients except the fillers might be different. Some generic just don’t work and pharmacies need to listen to the patients. The price difference is insane!”

Sick and tired · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 27, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “After using Advair for years, I was given a wixela prescription. Within a month of using, I now sound like I did years ago before treatment began. Cough, irritation to the throat, and mucus. Had none of these with advair. Insurance won’t pay for advair since the generic is available and the generic is making me more sick. There has to be something we can do!!”

Dave · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “After reading bad reviews, I gave Wixela Inhub a chance for a couple of months and I have to agree with the reviews. The dispenser itself is poor and causes the powder to get all over the back of my throat and tongue instead of into my lungs, and I’ve been coughing and wheezing a lot more on Wixela than I did on Advair. I’m not gambling with my health anymore so that my insurance company can save money anymore and I’m going back to Advair. You should too.”

CC · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I had to switch to generic due to insurance. I started using this a month ago and found my symptoms have increased. I have a lot of phlegm, and coughing a lot. Due to the cough, I am sleeping less and feel tired during the day and very little energy. I have a call into the doctors to send a script for Advair 250/50 and will have to pay the high cost.”

Bob · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Have been on Advair for past 18 years without problems. Now Insurance changed to Wixela and my symptoms have gotten so bad that I now have to use a nebulizer. This WIXELA is not a good RX”

Moonstar · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Inhub dispenser is awkward don't feel like I get same dosage as Advair. Makes me tired, post nasal drip, and on and off cough. Makes me anxious that I'm not getting enough med and fear an attack. Don't want to get sick especially with Covid19 about. I'd rather have Advair HFA”

Valeria · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Wixela hub is not as effective as Advair discus . I am not breathing as well and am very tired !”

MB · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Wixela is the worst!! Given Wixela for asthma maintenance at the worst of times (Pandemic). Every thing you fear about Covid 19 are just about the same side effects as Wixela. I couldn’t stop coughing and have never had so much phlegm in my throat. I was horrified! Suffice to say, after taking Wixela for 3 weeks in the month of March, I stopped as it was the only new thing I introduced to my body and 2 days after stopping, cough and phlegm disappeared completely. If it wasn’t for my wife not getting sick, I would’ve thought I was infected with the Virus”

thed April 17, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I've been using Advair for years and what a relief as it worked great. I switched to the generic three months ago and have progressively been getting worse. This last month was terrible. I'm going off to see if another medication gets me back to where I was. I'll report results later. My condition seems consistent with others on the generic. Does not seem to work. Dangerous.”

Leh January 2, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “So first off check your expiration dates. Noticed my inhalers were only good for 5 or 6 months from pharmacy pick up to expiration. Advair was always a year. Somethings wrong with that. Next I switched to Wixela due to Advair being over 400.00 to fill. The medication delivery was poor. Never felt much relief. Started getting tight more, coughing more, had frequent exacerbations and was put on prednisone, nebulizer treatments etc. I have not had to do that in close to 10 years. This drug is worthless! Back to Advair even though I'll have to get a second job just to pay for it.”

JFraz · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 29, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I had been taking Advair since it came out and only had problems when I forgot a dose. I switched to Wixela as soon as it came out, it was a $100 per month savings. I am extremely happy with it, I only have problems when I forget a dose. If they add a reminder alarm I’d probably never have to use my rescue inhaler. I’m 56 and have had asthma since I was 3.”

Engineer · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I agree with the comments. After 2 months on Wixela I am having severe problems with my asthma. 10 years on Advair with no problems. I too believe the dispensing mechanism is defective since the active ingredient must remain the same by law.”