User Reviews for Fluticasone / salmeterol

COPD, Maintenance
6.9

Summary of Fluticasone/salmeterol reviews 7.7 99 reviews

Reviews for Fluticasone/salmeterol

AirDuo Respiclick (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Got oral thrush bad, even with rinsing after using my inhaler. Also by the 3rd day could hardly breath. Was terrible. Also it may be generic it is still same copay and price of advair. Not good deal. Teva pulled a fast one on FDA. Not same as advair at all."

Nik (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have been on advair diskus for almost a month, By the third day I noticed a difference, I feel normal! The constant mucus is gone, and I'm breathing normally."

Will (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2018

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "After struggling with a series of ineffective corticosteroid inhalers, leukotriene modifiers, and antihistamines for nightly asthma episodes that set in in April 2014, I finally asked my doctor about Advair Diskus. I was very hesitant to use it because I was alarmed about the black box warning on this product and because I got a really nasty sore throat when I was on this when I was 6 or 7. I'm really glad I tried this medication. 250/50 brought my nightly episodes down to four days a week and my current dose of 500/50 has me only needing my albuterol inhaler one or two nights per week. It's been a fantastic drug for me! The $60 copay isn't too terrible, which is also a plus."

Youmu (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2018

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been using Advair 250/50 for 17 years. It works for me. I rarely have to use my rescue inhaler. I have noticed a rapid heartbeat from time to time, and I am assuming it is from this. Right now, with my Prescription insurance, it is $150.00 for a 90 day supply. I will be on Medicare next year, and I checked the prescription plan my husband is currently on, and it is going to cost me $415.00 for a 90 day supply. Seriously, how do these Pharmaceutical companies get away with this???? Also, why isn't it in a generic form yet? I really would love to stop taking this."

Holyfieldsmom (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been on Advair for as long as I can remember. It is the only medicine that worked for my asthma. I now see that a company called TEVA has come out with a cheaper alternative and it is called fluticasone/salmeterol. Same ingredients as Advair. I have started using this recently and will follow up with another review as to how it is working. Glaxso smith kline refuses to come out with a generic of Advair so Teva did it for them. Hope this helps some of you same money of your scripts."

puga (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2018

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "The discus from my mail order pharmacy costs $222. / month. The HFA ( sprayer ) form costs about $ 35. / month."

APELX (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2018

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "After using the Advair disc for less than a week. Realized that I had lost ability to taste food within 2-3 days of starting. Sense of taste has never returned. I reported this to Glaxo and physician. Neither followed up beyond my call."

Linda N (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2017

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Things that they don't tell you about this poison. The only thing I was told about this stuff was the possible weight gain. They never said that asthma can be cured. They never told me about the extreme mood swings. etc.. I can go on and on and on. Do your self a favor and research all the natural cures for asthma. You will be amazed what you find out."

Dumb-Ass December 19, 2017

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I've been on Advair Diskus 250/50 for almost one month since being out of the hospital where I coded from COPD. Needless to say I have quit smoking after 30 years (cold turkey) I can actually breathe & no more wheezing. Only drawback is financially it cost $530 & I now have a thick mucus in the back of my throat that I remember having when I once had pneumonia. My throat stays sore & I am so afraid of coming down with pneumonia. Because of this I am going to try using Advair once a day instead of twice a day. I also have nasal drip all night as well."

Southrn_Granny December 16, 2017

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I first began using Advair after my second two week stay in the hospital for upper respiratory infection. For much of my youth and all of my young adult life up to this point 1997, I had constant shortness of breath and periodic times where I was unable to regulate my breathing without a bronchial inhaler 5, 6 or more times a day. The first time I used Advair I noticed a difference and within days I was breathing like I was 12 years old again. I could not believe the difference. It was night and day. I know that other users may not get the same level of relief, but for me it has been a miracle."

TheDom (taken for 10 years or more) December 13, 2017

Advair HFA (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I used to take the Advair in Diskus form. I couldn't breath in fast to get enough med so they switched me to the aerosol type Advair. This one works well for me. The thing is, some Drs do not tell you you MUST rinse your entire mouth and gargle after every use. It can cause thrush, which is awful, and voice loss, hoarseness, coughing, and mouth sores too if you leave residue within the mouth or throat. This has a corticosteroid in it so please rinse well! Avoid side effects. It will help you breath because its a beta antagonist blocker or something, which relaxes the lung muscle. Take care of your mouth! I have dentures so I must rinse even MORE but never had thrush in 9 years over it and can breath easier now."

There are no nicknames left!! November 15, 2017

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have used the 250/50 disks but I don't use it as much as I'm prescribed "

Bpnj1 October 25, 2017

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "On medicare and hit the donut hole in August, Have to pay $185. for one month. Way to much for something thats helping me breathe. Something I have to have. When is a generic or something affordable coming out."

Cootiepie September 28, 2017

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My doctor said I have "reactive cough asthma". I tried Advair for a month. It neither helped nor made things worse. I think it might just be allergy of some sort, or maybe acid reflux. Who knows?"

Coughing gal (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2017

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "My husband has used advair for about 15 yrs, works great. Dr have tried other inhalers but saw no difference, hope we get a generic advair soon."

Anonymous September 10, 2017

AirDuo Respiclick (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "This medication has helped my cough, made breathing easier and decreased mucus tremendously, however I did have side affects, blurred vision, confusion, numbness in legs, dizziness, nausea and sore throat."

Barblee49 September 2, 2017

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "Doesn't work well for me. Still short of breath and I haven't noticed any improvement. I've been using it for a month."

1960 bjk (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "Does not work for me at all. Also caused diarrhea and sore throat."

suesue62 April 21, 2017

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "By the third day I had lost my voice, developed pneumonia, been unable to cough out production from my lungs, scarred my lungs even further. I would expect this product to be removed by the FDA soon. If the condition lasts, I'll be seeking legal council."

Voiceless&Breathless (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2017

Advair HFA (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "This is so great! I used the diskus for years but I have both copd and asthma and could not inhale the med as well from the diskus so doc put me on this one. Same great control and I can use it with a spacer to get more effective delivery of the med. I have had to go a day or so without as my pharmacy was out and I know that this works well as I could not wait to get back on it. It helps my breathing so much."

Lpit180 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2017

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have both asthma symptoms and copd so advair was given to me for the asthma first. It really helped me breathe better and it is a great med for long term control. As my copd progressed, I was unable to get a good breath to inhale from the diskus so my doc changed me to the HFA inhaler form. Advair is great and effective and I sure know when I have run out how much it helps me breathe."

Lpit180 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2017

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "The very next day after starting Advair my life improved dramatically. I am not kidding....this stuff really works. I now do 40 min of yoga and a full mile of accelarated aerobic walking (20 min) 5 days a week. After that I immediately grab my oximeter....it is almost always at 97 or 98. My dr. says am in severe stage and functioning and a level 1. I don't even use my nebulizer and Aluteral anymore. I am 71 yrs old and am being fully honest."

bro3432 December 15, 2016

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for : "had bad reaction, face and nose bright red, knees feel like I have heating pad on them, lips tingle, no appitite-only had 3 doses"

Sue Roach December 9, 2016

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Was using Pulmicort for years for asthma maintenance; I found it made a difference but would stop working for periods of time. I asked my physician to switch me to something else and she put me on this. A marked difference. This has a steroid as well as a stimulant (to open your lungs upon inhalation, much like a rescue inhaler, which Pulmicort did not have). I forgot to refill my Advair this month (I mail order three months at a time with my insurance, WAY cheaper) and have been without for about 4 days. I can definitely tell the difference. My rescue inhaler use has gone up, and subsequently goes way down (to almost nonexistent) when I'm on Advair. Highly recommended."

MLU8 December 5, 2016

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Extremely helpful in reducing my need for nebulizer in the winter. I seem to have more energy too. Took it years ago, now have gone made the switch back from another inhaled steroid that didn't work as well. The asthma related death scares me. But I'm young and healthy for the most part."

koobabe (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016