User Reviews for Tri-Lo-Marzia

Tri-Lo-Marzia has an average rating of 4.1 out of 10 from a total of 129 ratings on Drugs.com. 25% of those users who reviewed Tri-Lo-Marzia reported a positive effect, while 57% reported a negative effect.

Birth Control
1.5
Summary of Tri-Lo-Marzia reviews 4.1 129 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Lo-Marzia

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 6, 2021

“I've been on Tri lo for years (2-4). I tried Depo first and could never stop spotting on it. Back to Tri Lo, no real change in skin. No dryness in my lady parts. Recently, over the last year or two, my mood has changed. I'm extremely irritable and short tempered. I chalked it up to bad relationship problems. Now that that stress is over, I've really taken notice of the mood problems. Periods are short, never more than 5 days, I have no cramps or spotting. I love that. But I'm going to try another birth control (kariva, per my doc) to see if it helps my moods. I noticed the first few months, I was "always hungry" but I regulated my self. I knew how long it had been since I ate, so I didn't eat or binge eat. So no real weight gain. I work with the public so the mood issues are my only reason for trying a new med. You have to try these things your self and see how you'll react. Don't trust all the reviews. Everyone is different. Birth control is trial and error. Best of luck!”

Happy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2021

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I started this birth control in my late teens to get rid of severe cramps, acne, and regulate my cycle. It was a great. I went off of it later because I lost health insurance and my symptoms returned. Just recently started back and again it is life changing. Pros: no cramps, lighter periods, shorter periods, regular, less migraines Cons, mild nausea with my first couple of months back on it, but that went away. I also took nausea candies to help. Definitely try it and give it 3 or 4 months for your body to adjust before you decide yes or no.”

Ellie · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2021

For Acne: “I am just a few days into my initial pack, like a trial. And immediate acne like I've not had in a long time. Teenage worthy. My immediate thought is my body needs time to adjust, but after seeing reviews of women who have stuck it out for months. I'm going to stop before I really got started. Because it seems evident that for many it never got better. I'll save myself a lot of heart ache and discomfort.”

Izzy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 25, 2021

For Birth Control: “Tri Lo Mariza was the first birth control I had ever been on. I took it pretty irresponsibly the first few months I was on it, but the last three months of taking it, I was very serious about it. I did notice some changes with my mood, nothing too serious, but definitely random fits of crying. The pill had no effect on my weight, skin, but my period was definitely regulated, cramps were still very bad, but my period ended within 5 days. I was forced to change to Tri Lo Sprintec, but for a first birth control, I really didn't mind Tri Lo Marzia. It was completely effective in eliminating pregnancy when used properly. Don't stress yourself out reading these reviews which was a mistake I made. Everyone's body is different and the only real way to know what side effects you'll experience is if you take it.”

. · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 12, 2020

For Birth Control: “This may be very hypocritical considering I went on the site to look at reviews, but stop driving yourself crazy!!! Everyone’s body is soo different which means everyone can have different experiences with their birth control. Some reviews say your acne will be worse than ever while some say their skin cleared up in the first few weeks. Personally, I was on this bc for about 2 years and nothing seemed to change. My period started to finally regulate after a month or two, my weight increased a tiny bit (but bc weight gain is usually water retention), my mood never changed, and everything was good until recently. I talked to my gynecologist and we decided to switch pills. I’m not saying don’t read reviews, but don’t let these be your deciding factor. Talk to your doctor/health care provider/anyone else who you trust about this.”

Raspberry0987 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 18, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Don’t miss a pill when on TRi-Lo-Marzia. I swear if I miss a pill or take it too late I’ll be spotting freaky looking black clots and discharge until week 4 when I get my period where the gates go from just a crack to wide-hecking-open. But if I do everything right it is a GODSEND. Severe cramps gone, no more mood swings, and a WAY MORE regular cycle. So yeah set an alarm on your phone or something to take it and it’ll be fine.”

Nfanes February 8, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've been on Tri-Lo Marzia for a bit over 3 months. I read these reviews before starting, and the bad ones really outnumbered the good ones — they scared me. The side effects turned out to be better than I expected. I had cramps on my first week of starting the pill were other-worldly. I spent the week doubled over in pain. Periods since then have been lighter but last longer. My boobs grew immediately - like a second puberty or a natural boob job. Sounds silly but they've made me feel more womanly/powerful. My acne got a bit worse, covering my chin and cheeks faintly. Not much effect on weight/sex drive. The worst thing is mental health; I'm extremely sensitive, my weeks are emotional rollercoasters. I have depressive episodes similar to when I was in my darkest place. It's hard to point fingers straight at the pill, but I know myself, and I know that I'm not currently myself. Probably going to stay on, tho. The pros kinda outweigh the cons :/”

Katie May 21, 2020

For Birth Control: “5 months on Tri-Lo-Marzia & hate it. I have been working out & eating well & continue to gain weight (this never used to be a problem for me even when not exercising/eating well). I have felt random heart palpitations. I get bad cramps/stomach pain. But the worst of all has been my anxiety, irritability, sadness & lack of will. I yell at my fiance for things that are not his fault (I drop a plate & I blame it on him for no reason). I cry all the time over nothing (I NEVER used to cry about anything). One day I could barely bring myself to put away socks w/o crying or taking 5 breaks (I don't have a lot of socks) It's out of control. I just feel down all the time. Every period I feel like I get a cold (no fever), almost religiously. Chills, runny nose, sore throat for one week every month. I am getting off this medicine for good! Ultimately, I have not gotten pregnant... but I would rather be pregnant then feel how I do and to risk the relationships in my life. Not worth it at all”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 13, 2019

“Has anyone using Tri Lo Marzia experience muscle spasm, pain and cramping in legs, knees, hands, feet, toes and arms. Feels like your whole body has inflammation? I’ve started using generic brand Tri lo Marzia 1 1/2 months and I’m experiencing all these symptoms.”

LexC · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2019

For Birth Control: “It was my first time on birth control I thought okay, cool. I was trying to get my hormones in check more than anything else. WRONG. since starting I’ve had severe anxiety, racing heart, racing thoughts, disorientation, insomnia, thoughts of suicide and pretty harsh depressive episodes. It’s been miserable. I haven’t seen anyone else really talking about this but it’s been so extreme. It’s been miserable, I’ve had the constant “I’m going absolutely crazy thought” . But as soon as I stopped it’s like I was back to normal. I know everyone is different and maybe it’s just me but I really can’t handle this pill...”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 5, 2020

For Birth Control: “I went on this drug as a birth control method and to make my period regular. Now, I’ve realized it’s taken a toll on my mind and body. When I started it, for the first six months, I would get angry and upset for no reason. Eventually it calmed down, but has come back with a vengeance. Then, I lost all sex drive. This week, as a result of a negative experience in bed (probably due to my lack of arousal) I’ve had horrible anxiety that should only have lasted for a day, but has gone for seven. I’ve been unable to sleep more than 4 hours at a time, unable to eat or keep food down, and unable to feel comfortable. I can’t think rationally and it’s beginning to take a toll on my relationships with my boyfriend and family, and my motivation in classes. I’ve had anxiety before, but never like this. I’ve been crying every day and feeling like I’m going insane. I don’t feel like myself anymore. Going off of this pill immediately and hoping it gets out of my system fast.”

Sheabutterbaby · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2019

For Birth Control: “First I would like to say I took this birth control for 5 months. 5!! I was really trying to keep going. But I just stopped 3 days ago. (Now I’m bleeding but I guess that is expected) Anyhow, the headaches turned into migraines, I have NO sex drive, with a side of vaginal dryness! My anxiety is WILD. I have no control over my emotions. I’m irritable, having depressive episodes. I get rashes in weird places. My stomach always hurts. I even have back and neck pain? Idk what has been going on. The ONLY good thing is I haven’t gotten pregnant. But at this point I’d much rather have a baby than deal with these pills.”

Mae May 25, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have honestly not had any problems with this pill. I have had a little more nausea but that’s normal with ANY birth control. My first period while on the pill was really light. My second period was quite heavy. But my third one was so great and light. Before I started the pill I was using ultra tampons and changing them every 3 hours. This caused me to become anemic so I was put on the pill. I’ve been on the pill for 3 months but I’m loving it. I also read through the reviews and got freaked out but everyone’s body is different. Everyone reacts to different pills in MANY different ways. I did miss a day but I just doubled up the next day. One time I threw up RIGHT AFTER I took the pill. Try not to get food poisoning! Lol! I read a lot about how peoples’ sex drive dropped but if anything mine has gone up...ALOT. Give the pill a try and if it messes you up then it’s obviously not the pill for you. Try not to lose the pill either. It’s VERY easy to do!”

Goldengirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 20, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was put on Tri Lo Marzia after Ortho Tri Cyclen was discontinued (sad times, I loved Ortho Tri Cyclen!) I was VERY skeptical after reading these crazy reviews. Now the first two weeks I really didn't like it. Super nauseous/indigestion. Also delayed my perfectly scheduled period by 1 day. (this isn't a big deal but scary when the last 8 years you get your period on the exact same day every month). Overall, its been three months and I have been fine with side effects and PMS. Nothing out of the ordinary!”

Micky · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2018

For Birth Control: “Honestly, I have felt nothing bad or negative with this birth control. I switched from the Depo to this, and I felt intense nausea with the Depo and I feel absolutely nothing now with Tri-Lo-Marzia. Not only does this birth control keep my period on a consistent routine, but my breasts have grown a full two cup sizes within the two months that I have been on Tri-Lo-Marzia. Honestly, my body looks great, and I feel great; This works SO much better with my body than the Depo.”

K · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 4, 2019

For Acne: “I love this birth control, the only thing I am sacrificing a little bit is a loss of sex drive as it comes and goes but as for my acne it has cleared and my periods are only 3 days long! I have no mood swings or feelings of depression and have been on this for a year. Also no weight gain!”

tk25 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 20, 2020

For Birth Control: “Tri-Lo-Marzia totally got rid of my SEX DRIVE. Before I got on this pill I had a very high sex drive. Within a month of being on Tri Lo Marzia I physically could not get aroused even when I wanted to. It made my vagina dry. I could literally tell the blood flow to my genitals had decreased. It's effective at preventing pregnancy because you will no longer want to have sex. It also gave me extreme mood swings and anxiety every month during the week 3 pills. On a positive note, I could not tell any changes with my acne or weight. I did not experience any spotting between periods but it did make my cramps worse and flow slightly heavier. 27 years old 160 lbs. Light periods lasting 4-5 days.”

Sally · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2018

For Birth Control: “This was my first time taking hormonal birth control, and I can say it is my last as well. I was only on this pill for 6 days and within those days my anxiety was triggered like never before. Not only was I nauseous every day but I started experiencing paranoid thoughts and almost delusions. With already existing mental illnesses this medication triggered all of them to be so much worse. On the 6th day of taking it I felt out of touch with reality and started sobbing and continued sobbing every day on and off for about 4 days out of fear and anxiety that had suddenly taken over my whole brain. I have never experienced this level of feeling out of control mentally. Please if you are thinking about taking this specific brand of birth control, don't if you have existing mental illnesses. Overall horrible experience, I am traumatized.”

anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “Decided to try this birth control without reading the reviews... wow that was an awful decision!! For the past 7 weeks, I've changed my diet to plant-based. I go to the gym 6 out of the 7 seven days of the week doing cardio or working with loose weights to gain a little upper body strength. I only drink water and rarely consume alcohol. I don't even remember the last time I had any sort of sweet dessert. BUT, somehow I still gained 15 pounds in my stomach and back area (love handles). I thought this is odd. How can I be gaining weight with all this cardio and new diet I took on? Turns out the birth control did the job. I can no longer fit into my jeans that I bought a few months ago and I can no longer wear any crop tops without feeling insecure about my stomach and lower back. DO NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT”

Kit · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2020

For Acne: “Tri-Lo-Marzia was my first birth control pill and I took it for 3 months. I had been getting annoying hormonal acne along my jawline and chin every month so my dermatologist suggested this. My period used to be 5 days long, but this pill made my period last 10 days and it worsened my cramps. Also my self confidence plummeted as this pill made me gain an extra 5-7 pounds. I looked and felt bloated all the time. At first I blamed it on quarantine, but as soon as I switched to a generic version of Yaz, I dropped those extra pounds within a week. My acne maybe improved a little bit, but not enough to justify longer periods and weight gain. This pill did not work for me; I do not recommend.”

Niki October 19, 2018

For Birth Control: “I have been on tri-lo-marzia for about 2 years now and I have not experienced any side effects. It has done its job and I have not gotten pregnant. I used to experience terrible pain on my period including vomiting, dizziness, intense cramps, headaches, etc. Tri-lo-marzia stopped it all. It also shortened my period to about 5 days instead of 7. Overall, it has worked out well for me and I would recommend. However everyone is different and reacts differently to medications.”

koko February 4, 2020

For Birth Control: “Okay, I read so many reviews before starting this pill that made me skeptical, but I decided to try it out anyways. Overall, I would give this pill a solid 4. The first few months, I was pretty moody and crampy, but overall the pill had me feeling great! (I mean I would've rated this pill a 10 starting off!) Here we are at least 9 months into the pill and I feel absolutely revolting!!!!!!!! I've gained so much weight and I don't even know how because I'm always NAUSEOUS and VOMITING so how am I even gaining anything? Don't get me started on the depression..... I have to fight to get out of bed and even care about college... I also have NO SEX DRIVE! This is so hard especially when you're in a committed relationship and want to engage, but mentally and physically I just can't because I feel so disconnected. I've stopped the pills and now I'm trying to find something else! Just please beware! This doesn't mean the pill will affect you like this, but just be CAUTIOUS!!!”

Lynn · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 6, 2018

For Acne: “First off, I can’t believe how relatable these comments are. I took this for my acne- it did half of the job, however I still get Cystic acne and always blamed it on what I ate! Second, the biggest issue is my SEX DRIVE. It is completely GONE. I thought it was me. I thought there was something seriously wrong with me. I lost my sex drive months ago and my boyfriend thought it was him! But I would try to explain to him it’s not, it’s me!! There’s something wrong with me because I lost it out of no where, but meanwhile I lost it about a month or two after being on this medicine and it progressively got worse. Third is my depression- I’ve become so down and introverted these last few months it’s like I’m a different person. I never want to speak to anyone and I always feel like my life is pointless - I was NEVER like that before I started taking these pills. I’m ending my package and never taking them again. I hope it doesn’t effect me long term.”

Elana · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was on Orth-try-cyclen lo for about five years and then I stopped and switched to the higher dosage pill, which was terrible and gave me the worst side affects. I told my doctor to switch me back and she prescribed me Tri Marzia lo. The first month I had a migraine about once or twice a week, but I figured it was the hormones adjusting. That is probably the only side effect I had on this pill. My periods are light and usually only 3-5 days long. No mood swings, nor any weight gain (I consistently workout throughout the week). My boyfriend and I use this as our only form of protection and it works 100 percent! I always recommend any kind of Lo estrogen birth control because it has always worked best for me!”

Deee · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 17, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have tried different brands for birth control and seriously suffered from so much anxiety and depression because they just didn’t react well with my body. I was on the verge of suicide with a pill and eventually went to my doctor to switch again before I let it get too far. I asked for the lowest dose possible with a different pill and was prescribed Tri-Lo Marzia. I haven’t had ANY issues whatsoever. Everyone is different and I know that other women haven’t reacted well with this pill but it works for me. I’ve never been happier. I recommended trying pills until you find the one. I was extremely discouraged for a while because of how severe my depression had gotten but I finally found the pill that works.”

Chelle · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “This pill caused me to have PVC (Premature ventricular contractions) heart conditions. Even had to wear a heart monitor to figure out what was going on. At first, I thought it was my anxiety. I would feel my heart "skip a beat." Particularly when I was excited or upset. Then it got to be any time. Hard to focus when your heart feels like it stops. I was on Tri-Lo-Estarylla prior, but the pharmacy gave me Tri-Lo-Marzia in its place for 2 months (out of stock of my original). On the 3rd month, they had the Estarylla in stock and I went back on that. Within two weeks, my heart stopped prematurely and then would be beating uncontrollably. Now I rarely ever have PVC incidents. I couldn't believe I was getting ready to deal with PVC the rest of my life (I'm 28), when in reality it was the birth control! Now my pharmacy doesn't have Estarylla in stock and said it's going to be discontinued...great. Here we go again trying to find one that works without crazy heart palpitations!”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2019

For Birth Control: “I am writing this review from a hospital bed in the emergency room so that should be a clue as to how well this medicine worked. I had previously been on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for over a dozen years with zero side effects and was really scared to start this new generic one when they discontinued my normal pill. The first two weeks on Tri-Lo-Marzia were ok, some minor heart palpitations and headaches but the best was yet to come. Within hours of starting the third week of pills it felt like I was having a heart attack. I’ve had intermittent extreme palpitations and episodes of “afib” with burning chest pain because of this medicine! Once I finish the last few pills I am throwing the rest of my supply in the trash!”

Buttercup · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2019

For Birth Control: “I feel like most of these reviews are negative because mostly, the people who review medications online have had a negative experience. I'm on here to say that tri lo marzia has worked well for me. It did take 3 months to "stabilize" in the sense that I've had 2 months of daily spotting. After those 2 months though my body got used to the dose and, actually my skin improved. Moodiness near period happens, I find myself near crying 3 days before my placebo pills, but overall not a terrible shift in mood.”