User Reviews for Taytulla

Taytulla Rating Summary

4.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 281 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Taytulla to treat Birth Control

"This is the worse birth control I have ever used. I used Taytulla for 5 months. At first, my skin cleared up my periods were light, and my hormones were under control. Then I had migraines, constant headaches nauseous and my hormones changed. I had really dark thoughts, depression and anxiety and severe mood swings. Sex drive went way down. Then really painful sex. I did research on Taytulla and saw similar experiences. After 5 months of taking it I stopped and my symptoms improved days after stopping. Except painful sex. I went to my ob/gyn and was diagnosed with lichen sclerosis This is an autoimmune disease that can be triggered later in life and can be triggered by high levels of hormones. There is no cure and only treatments that can be used to help reduce the pain while having sex. DO NOT USE Taytulla. Get your partner to use condoms. Women shouldn’t deal with this. My husband now where’s condoms, and I will never use birth control ever again in my life."

Unhappy Lady November 7, 2018

"I'm 26 years old and have been on birth control pills since I was 16. I have never had children and weigh 115 lbs. I had always taken a low hormone pill previously and had no notable side effects on or off the pill. For the past 4 months I've been on Taytulla and its a nightmare. My PMS symptoms are out of control. I cry all the time now, especially a week or 2 before my period, I will have multiple full-scale, sobbing episodes. This is not normal for me at all. My nipples are so sore they can't be touched almost all month. I spot in between my periods now. I have bled heavily (almost like my period starting) after pretty mild and well-lubricated sex. I realized this month that Taytulla is a really high dose of estrogen/estradiol (1mg) and my old birth control had 0.035 mg!! That is a HUGE difference in estrogen. Also it costs $170 per month without insurance! I'm getting off it next week when my cycle ends. Good riddance."

Marie October 31, 2018

"I've been on Taytulla for about 10 months, and I've been enjoying it! The main thing that I've noticed is gradual weight loss, not complaining at all. Overall I've been positive and much more confident in myself. A negative is if I am late taking the pill, I will get major cramps, but that might be an every pill thing. Another thing is my mood does change, not often, but I notice it on occasion. It has not affected my work and stress level while I'm in school, but my libido has been low. This is my first time taking birth control, so I'm not sure what is related to the pill and what isn't, but for it being my first time, I'd say I lucked out compared to a lot of the reviews"

Katie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2018

"Went on Taytulla to help with very heavy bleeding. I’ve stopping my 3rd packet of Taytulla today. I looked so big in the pictures from one of my best friend’s weddings. Very depressing after torturing myself with wedding prep... All my life, I’ve enjoyed working out, but since starting Taytulla, I haven’t. While Taytulla cleared up my mild acne & made my period light, IT IS NOT WORTH IT for me to continue on this. Light bleeding for 1/2 the month, constantly feeling hungry, limiting diet to veggies to try to unsuccessfully fit into clothes, depression, no longer enjoying lifelong activities = LIVING IN A HIDEOUS STATE OF MIND... Taytulla was not right for me. Everyone’s different..."

Lilly Lacett (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2018

"I started taking birth control about a year ago and got prescribed Sprintec. I had no symptoms other than a 6-7 day period when they were 3-4 days before starting the pill. I told my OBGYN this after taking Sprintec for 10 months and she thought it would be best to try another pill, that’s when she prescribed Taytulla. I would 100% not recommend this birth control to anyone. I have been on Taytulla for 4 months now and every month I will start bleeding a week after taking my placebo pills and continue to bleed until I reach the next set of placebo pills. For the last 3 months, I have had 3 week periods and then 1 week off. I have also noticed extreme weight gain in these four months and am constantly bloated along with daily headaches. I am switching back to Sprintec and NEVER taking Taytulla again."

never again (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2018

"Update: I previously wrote a review for Taytulla that I thought was befitting at the time. So fast forward, I’m 6 months in and I swear I’m starting to have nausea, vomiting, headaches, mood swings, NO SEX DRIVE whatsoever, and I’ve gained 17 pounds. Now the funny thing about the weight gain is that I follow a strict diet, work out at 4 times a week, and walk on average 12 miles a day on my job. I constantly feel bloated and I’m not doing anything different than I was when I first started them. My doctor said it’s water weight and retention, but carrying around the extra weight is making me feel bad physically, as well as being a mental challenge when I feel like I’m working out and watching what I eat is all in vain. Just know that these symptoms can hit you at any time."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2018

"I have been using taytulla for just over 6 months. It is by far the best experience I have had so far using birthday control. Other birth control left me with a wide range of emotions and random crying, I consulted my obgyn and she recommended taytulla, which has a lower estrogen level. I feel like a happier person, and my emotions are much more stable! The only side effect I have experienced was weight gain, I live a very active lifestyle and gained about 7lbs."

Paige (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 14, 2018

"Love it! Best BC I've ever been on in the past decade. It works perfectly for my body. My moods are better than ever, my period is light, water weight gain subsiding after a few months, and was easy to get on, unlike some higher estrogen pills that have given me bad side effects ie. headache, intense breast tenderness, mood swings the first 3 months - this didn't happen with Taytulla. It was the easiest transition I've ever had. I love it! I have PCOS, so I'm thinking it may be helpful for those suffering from this. I would definitely recommend this BC despite what some reviews say, I've had the opposite experience. I feel much more even with my moods throughout the month and days, unlike usual with or with out birthcontrol."

kc (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

"This birth control worked amazingly well, until about 6 months in. I experienced a substantial worsening of my anxiety symptoms at about that time. Since doctors always say that anxiety side effects will peak at the beginning and then go away, it took me months to realize that the birth control might be causing it. And what do you know, one month off of this drug and I am feeling way better, almost back to normal. I can actually talk to strangers without wanting to launch myself into the sun. Just be careful if you take this drug, the side effects can come later."

Dani (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2018

"After having a copper IUD for four years, I went on Taytulla after my doctor recommended I get my IUD removed. I didn't experience any noteworthy side effects. I didn't gain weight, experience acne, or have mood swings. The first month I spotted some when my period was supposed to come, but after the first month my period completely stopped. I was worried at first that I might be pregnant, I even took a few pregnancy tests, but they were always negative. I still get some cramping and other PMS symptoms when on the placebo pills, but I don't bleed. I would consider this a benefit to Taytulla. The only reason I'm switching brands is that I got new insurance, and Taytulla is $50 a month, so I'm trying a lower cost option. If that one doesn't work out, I will definitely switch back to Taytulla."

em92 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2018

"I've just started my third month of this pill, and it has been a complete disaster. This is also my first time taking birth control. A couple weeks ago I thought about trying something different since it has been making me cry about every little stress in life and has also made me anxious about everything. I'm in my first semester of college and this pill has not made it easier. I am currently dealing with some relationship problems, but I would never typically feel this depressed about anything. I'm so much happier than this. The only good thing I've experienced with this pill is the barely there period. This pill is destroying my happiness and ruining me as a person. Due to all of the anxiety and depression, I haven't been eating as much as I should, so I've lost weight. I would not recommend this pill to anyone."

anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

"Severe weight gain other than that it's pretty good. I gained almost 15 pounds in 2 months any 1 else have this problem"

Lane (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

"This pill was nightmarish. My doctor recommended it to me, and it made me a crazy person. Panic attacks daily, self harm, depression, dark thoughts. I’ve never been like that, and I haven’t been like that since I got off. It seems like other people had similar experiences. Onto the next pill, I suppose."

Ellie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

"I’ve been on Taytulla for about 8 months now and let me tell you. It’s been a roller coaster ride. My original birthcontrol I was on I never had any side effects or anything wrong except from gaining a little bit of weight. The doctor switched my birth control to Taytulla and it’s literally been the worse thing ever! I am a very happy person and this pill made me extremely depressed and also my anxiety went skyrocket and thru the roof! I thought I was like this cause I went thru a breakup after 4 years but no! After reading the reviews it all makes sense. I am definitely stopping the pill and do NOT recommend Taytulla to anyone!"

Jay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2018

"This was the very first birth control I had ever been put on. My OBGYN recommended it so I gave it a try & told me to come back in about a month or so & to see how my body handled it. It was about a week into taking it is when I started feeling nauseous 24/7. I could not even get near food without feeling like I was going to throw up; therefore I lost weight. This pill made my anxiety & depression SKY ROCKET!! The smallest little things made me cry or have anxiety for no reason, I was not happy for a long time because of this birth control. My boobs hurt SO bad on this pill so much that I had to wear only sports bras because even walking down a staircase made me feel like I got punched in each boob. My period was VERY irregular, I rarely bled on my 4 placebo pills, I only ever bled randomly, there was no regularity whatsoever."

Em (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

"I have always been a positive and out going person, only had acne when my period came, and I was looking to get on birth control, so my doctor prescribed this. Now for the month that I’ve been on it, it’s been terrible. My acne is worse than when I was in high school and I have developed severe sadness and anxiety, which is miserable since I know I haven’t always been like that. I understand every body is different, but me feeling constant sadness and anxiety so suddenly had me look into this and I read how I wasn’t the only one with a bad experience. On to the next pill"

ask September 16, 2018

"I started taking it because I had ovarian cyst ruptures and the pill stopped them. I got severely depressed and lost a majority of my hair. I made the decision to go off of it after a year and a half and I definitely see results. My mood is fantastic and my hair is growing back at a fast rate. Definitely want to warn people about the side-effects if this pill."

TAGAlexa (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2018

"Not sure it it helped with endometriosis symptoms but I can say this. I had used it for at least 4 months I have noticed my thyroid problems has improved fairly well; on the other hand, I'm super moody and depressed ( which has decreased some over the month, but still a problem). 2nd I'm super regular person with my periods and my period has gone away already twice and still gives me some PMS symptoms which sucks bc they actually last for weeks on and off."

Mikha (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

"I've been on taytulla for more than 6 month and it has been the worst experience of my life. I've had constant migraines, no sex drive, my anxiety and depression has been through the roof, my period is non existent which I don't think is normal or healthy. I've been so nauseaous and so moody it's crazy. I DO NOT recommend this pill to anyone. Stay far away from it as possible. I am hoping to look for another pill or maybe an IUD."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 12, 2018

"I was on a different birth control for 2 years but decided to stop because I wanted to stop my period. I have been on taytulla for only a week and have never in my life experienced this kind of depression. My anxiety is also through the roof and I’ve been very nauseous. I have no energy to do anything and fell behind on my work drastically. Wanted to wait this out but it’s ruining relationships around me and overall not worth it. This has affected me mentally so horribly I’m taking immediate action to get off of it. I would not recommend"

Soccergirl101 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

"In the last 3 months while taking this pill, I have gained weight (my mom keeps asking me why I look pregnant...I'm also 21 years old), my acne came back after years of clear skin, my depression and anxiety exploded out of nowhere (my therapist hasn't seen me in months because I was doing so well), I am overly emotional and cry for hours over nothing (and my Dr wanted me to go on this pill to reduce this, whoops), and the comments on this page make so much sense to why this is happening to me. It sounds like half of the people on this pill do really well or REALLY badly. When I told my doctor about my mood swings she told me to try another pill which gave me an allergic reaction and, even after the steroid shot, I'm still in a constant wave of slight discomfort. It might be from this pill, not too sure. I am getting off this pill at the end of my cycle and I'll either try something new or not go on at all because I am sick of this constant battle with myself."

Krys September 11, 2018

"I was on Yaz for over 10 years. Started experiencing debilitating cramps during sex and after bowel movements about 2 years ago. Doc thought I may have endometriosis, but recommended I try a lower dose birth control first before doing any invasive testing. Let me tell you...I wish I knew about this pill a long time ago! Within the first week, my cramps subsided, my mood got increasingly better, and I enjoy sex now for the first time in a long time. I really hope there is someone out there that reads this amongst all of the negative reviews. I had zero negative side effects and have been on it for 6 months now. Taytulla saved my marriage! Insurance pays 100% as well with most carriers which is a nice added bonus :)"

CiaraB (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

"I have been on Taytulla for 2 years now to control Endometriosis. It is a great alternative to the hysterectomy that several Drs have recommended. I've had light spotting maybe 3 times in 2 years. With 2 having been these last 2 months. I see several complaints about them causing mood swings. It's a hormone. It will do that. They don't work if you don't take them regularly which means the same time every day. Nothing is a miracle drug. If it doesn't work for you, talk to your doctor and try something else. There are far cheaper medications than this one. However, I am happy with this product. It's pretty much the same outcome as the depo shot and this doesn't hurt my bone mass "

Rebecca (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2018

"Obviously, this is just my experience . I wasn't pleased with this birth control. I was put on it, after wanting to start birth control again after taking couple years break from it. I've never had any bad side effects from birth control- until this one. My side effects were similar to pregnancy symptoms- I even took a few tests while on this birth control because it was that bad! I did give this pill a chance (3 months), but then decided I couldn't do it anymore. I did switch to another pill (Tri-Sprintec) and had 0 side effects because of it. I can say, my doctor was surprised I had a bad reaction to it- normally everyone she put it on loved it."

Nikki (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

"It’s my 3rd week using Taytulla. I have severe depression and mood swings. I am not myself at all and people around me are noticing it. After taking the pill in the morning I feel so nauseous and sometimes I would even vomit. I was thinking that I should finish the 3 month sample and see if my body will adjust, but now I am not so sure."

Anonymous September 2, 2018