User Reviews for Taytulla

Taytulla Rating Summary

4.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 275 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Taytulla to treat Birth Control

"I have been in Taytulla for about a month and a half now. This is the first type of BC I have ever tried. Since starting, my periods have stopped with some breakthrough bleeding in the first month and now just some light spotting. After reading these reviews, I understand why I have been so emotional. I am known for my thick skin, but after starting this pill, I noticed I would become so upset, almost to the point of crying, which is NOT me. Also, I just had my first anxiety attack EVER. I have never struggled with depression or anxiety in the past, but now I feel in a constant slump which scares me. My once clear skin is now in a terrible breakout. I understand that I still need to give time for my hormone levels to balance, but is this normal? Especially a "mild" BC like my gyno described it as? I feel like a pimpled face hormonal freak, which is making me crazy. I am planning to finish out my sample pack. Set an appointment this week with my GYNO to hopefully resolve this issue..."

4 January 17, 2019

"Taytulla was the first birth control I ever used. I have PCOS as well as insulin resistance, before taking taytulla I would have terrible PMS and lots of hair loss. The first month of taking taytulla was pretty rough due to lots of mood swings and 15 days of spotting! However, after the spotting stopped I noticed that my acne decreased, my hair loss decreased, and my mood was much more stablized. Unfortunately I had to stop taking Taytulla after 2 months because my insurance stopped covering it. I did not gain any weight on the pill even though I am insulin resistant which is great. I think this is a great pill for people to start out with."

AI (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

"This is the worst birth control I've ever been on! My acne is terrible and I've gained 10lbs since first taking it in December 1 and it's only January 12. I have had terrible anxiety and some bouts with depressing thoughts! I got on to stop my bleeding but it's only increased! My boobs hurt and I'm done taking it! I got my tubes tied 3 years ago it's highly ineffective for me!"

BJackson (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2019

"I just had second baby, had been taking Lo Loestrin for 10+ years. My hormones were completely out of whack. I was extremely emotional, mood swings, heavy periods, overall miserable. My OB switched me to this birth control. First week a little nauseous but I’m on week 3 and my periods are lighter and I’m MUCH better hormonally. They have a coupon now until June you can get it for $25.00 BUT after insurance may cover and it’s 100+."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2019

"I’ve been on this BC for 11 months. After reading the reviews I was SUPER hesitant to take this pill (my 1st birth control) but I decided to try it anyway. I lost weight, my skin is mostly cleared up, and my periods are short and barely there! I have not experienced any depression, anxiety or anything negative. I’m 22, moderately active and I eat relatively healthy, have no health issues, so that may contribute to my positive experience. If you’re nervous, try it. It’s not the same for everyone, but it may be right for you!"

Xo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 8, 2019

"Worst BC! Not only did I gain weight I had serious anxiety and depression on this medicines"

Mj (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2019

"I have been taking this medication since October (now it is early January) and since October I have been depressed and have anxiety and panic attacks. Then the light bulb turned on in my head that this all started since I started this birth control and did not realize it til my mom told me. I have been off it for a few days and so far so good."

Josie January 5, 2019

"I've been taking this pill for almost 3 years now and I'm quite happy with it. Overall, the results have been great. My adult acne is gone. I don't suffer heavy periods where I have to sleep with a towel under me at night. I don't have to skip work because my period cramps are so painful. The horrible PMS irritability has subsided for the most part. As for the side effects: - Gained around 10lbs initially (which I've since lost) - My boobs have gotten slightly bigger (a plus for me!) - My hair isn't as curly as it used to be. I've heard this can happen during pregnancy so that would make sense that it happens with birth control since it tricks your body into thinking you're pregnant - Lower sex drive - No periods - seems a bit unnatural but I'm not complaining Up to the first year, I did feel a little wonky and emotional at times. I'm not sure if this is the birth control to blame but I do think it's levelled out. Happy to be on this stuff and baby free!"

Leanna (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2019

"This birth control worked GREAT! It didn’t make me nauseous at all. It stopped my period for 8 months. Unfortunately I'm switching to loyrna to help my acne. But I would highly recommend Taytulla if you’re just looking for something to protect against pregnancy."

em (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2019

"Personally, I like this birth control. I was taking Tri-Sprintec previously and I always felt very up and down. Once I got to week 3 of those pills I would feel miserable until I started my new pack. Not the case with Taytulla. I am experiencing some light breakthrough bleeding from the switch, but besides that I feel much better in a general sense. No more period headaches, no more extreme fatigue during my period, no more starving for food in weeks 3 and 4. Others are mentioning weight gain, which wasn't the case for me. If anything I have lost a little weight because I feel more "level" on this pill. I'm going to keep taking my sample packs and see how it works out. Thus far I feel it has worked for me and I'm really happy about the switch."

Arianna (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2018

"I am 39 years old and was put on taytulla by my OB/GYN to regulate my cycle & stop breakthrough bleeding. I have had breakthrough bleeding for years with no answers. I've been taking taytulla for 2 weeks now and stopped just two days ago because of unbearable lower abdomen cramping. The cramping and bleeding have been so severe that I can't even function with my regular day activities. I'm bleeding so severely with lots and lots of clots. I've never bled this much in my entire life where I'm having to change a pad every hour on the hour. Tampons can't even be used, I'm having to wear super huge pads for the heavy flow that feel like a diaper. I've developed acne in the past few days on my face. My mood has me down & depressed & I just can't shake out of it. It's only been two days with me stopping taytulla and I have not noticed any change yet. I hope I start to feel better soon as this can't be life!"

Ab December 28, 2018

"I just switched to Taytulla after being on Tri Femynor which was an absolute nightmare, so I thought nothing could be worse than that. However, I was wrong. I only took it for one day and immediately had to come off. I was throwing up all night long, ridden with anxiety, and had extreme depressing thoughts. I had to take myself off as soon as possible because I knew I couldn't endure this until symptoms died down. I definitely do not recommend"

Via December 15, 2018

"I was on taytulla for a little less than a year and this birth control medication caused me to develop pulmonary embolisms. I have no family history of PE’s. Being so young the doctors didn’t think I had PE’s at first, they wrongly diagnosed me for pneumonia and bronchitis until we told our doctor that we wanted a CT scan with contrast. We then saw multiple PE’s on both sides of my lungs and they were significant in size. My symptoms of shortness of breath lasted for about two weeks, and I never measured my heart rate, but when I did it was about 100 bpm. Please be aware of the negative side effects that do come with taytulla. Although birth control has many benefits, there are always possibilities of negative side effects."

:-) (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2018

"Although I did experience some rough spots during the first 3 months (some bleeding, anxiety and paranoia, etc.) it’s actually levelled itself out completely! I’ve been on it for about 6 months now and it feels like I’m not even taking a birth control pill which is great! Light periods, little to no cramping, no babies. It worked well for me!"

Mari (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2018

"I kept switching BC pills because I always had negative side effects like constant bleeding, weight gain, acne, mood swings, etc. I’ve been taking Taytulla for almost a year now and it’s great. I have monthly periods that only last 2-3 days and are VERY light. The only side effects for me are tender, larger breasts (which I don’t mind) and a slight hormone belly."

ajluna405 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2018

"I am currently almost through my second pack of Taytulla. The first pack was a nightmare. I bled heavily for more than half of the month. The cramping was awful and I became extremely depressed. I was told to stay on the pill another month until my hormone's balanced out. While the bleeding stopped, my mood is very low and my anxiety is very high. I also have gained 4 1/2 pounds. My breasts are extremely tender and I have developed nightly migraines. This will be my last pack of these pills."

Mkat (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

"I switched from the Depo shot to Taytulla because I had been bleeding everyday since I started it the depo. 4 days into starting Taytulla I stopped bleeding! My periods are now very regular and I have not had any side effects other than tender breasts. No cramps, no mood swings, anxiety/depression etc. Many people said that they gained weight on this pill but my weight has not changed at all. I’ve only been on this pill for 3 months so if anything changes I’ll give an update! Overall this birth control is doing everything right."

Rose13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

"I took Taytulla for about 2 months before I started to experience INSANE vaginal pains. Pains that felt like a UTI. I was 18 and felt like I had a UTI every single day. I was in constant pain and my sex drive completely ended due to not wanting to enhance the pain. After about 2 and a half months in I stopped taking it. The pains lessened slightly but were still there. I've gone to countless doctors for these pains and I've had multiple different diagnoses. After consulting a urologist, she determined my digestive organs aren't working together. This is an effect of Taytulla that I live with every day. Now I have to take Flomax and a laxative every day just to have normal functioning organs and no pain. After doing my research I believe its because of such high dosages. Taytulla has completely ruined my body to the point where I can't function without pills. These side effects are still around after almost a year, and will be around likely for the rest of my life."

pain (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2018

"DON'T TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL!! I started taking Taytulla about one month ago. About a week in, all the symptoms and side effects started to show up. I was extremely nauseous, my depression and anxiety went through the roof and made me feel absolutely terrible. I was having crying episodes and felt anxious about life and relationships. I also have been bleeding for 8+ days with really bad abdominal cramps. I just recently stopped taking it yesterday. My anxiety and depression are still present, my gyno said it could take a month for my hormones to regulate. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE."

Lauren (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2018

"TAKE CAUTION. My 18-year-old daughter was prescribed Taytulla three weeks ago. She checked herself into a psych ward today. She never had signs of depression. I am convinced it is this drug. She won't be taking the medication tonight; we will see how she feels tomorrow. This drug has been on the market for less than 2 years. Never again. Report side effects to the FDA: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/index.cfm?action=reporting.home"

annie1968 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

"STAY AWAY!!! SAVE YOURSELF. After taking this BC I began to experience depression & anxiety, then I began to bleed for 10 + days. This then caused me to stress even more because bleeding for a month isn’t enjoyable so my mood decreased even more. Due to this BC I’ve had to be prescribed anxiety & depression meds & was referred to a counsellor. I’d honestly rather be pregnant than deal with constant bleeding & mental health issues."

Gigi (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

"At first this was great, but I would have some breakfast through bleeding, fast forward to a year later and I've had 3 periods in a month, I get very emotional and I am constantly cramping and I never did before I started this pill. I would not recommend."

Bb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2018

"Although Taytulla worked in preventing pregnancy, I've been miserable the past two months. Starting with nausea and sharp pains in my stomach, exhaustion, and no appetite, to wanting to eat everything in sight. Then, missing my period for the second round of pills and feeling a false sense of pregnancy so took two tests, both negative. I don't recommend this pill to anyone with anxiety or depression. Feelings of sickness heightened both."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

"Reading so many BC reviews I was terrified of starting it. From the mood swings/gain weight/horrible cramps. I'm already a temperamental person so I did not need something to elevate that. So far, I have been on Taytulla for 1 month and the first 2 weeks were great. No nausea, no headaches, NOTHING. Week 3, I had NO desire to have sex. Taytulla was certainly doing its job! I don't know if it was the stress of work/school, or I no longer wanted to be with that person, or if I didn't find them attractive anymore, or if it was just the pill overall. I did not experience any anxiousness/depression. Everything is back to normal right now. In regards to cost, apparently my insurance didn't cover it, BUT my doctor did give me a sample and with that sample came a little savings card, registered online and got 3 months for $25. I had an activation code but you can go to their website and it gives you the same information to sign up. So far I'm a happy camper with this pill."

Erica November 16, 2018

"I literally hate this birth control. It gave me horrible stomach bloating and made my sex drive completely shut off. The absolute worst thing was that I kept getting yeast infections. I had 15 infections in a time span of 1 year. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong w me so finally stopped taking this BC and I haven't had one since. Avoid this BC at all costs."

Kim (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2018