User Reviews for Taytulla to treat Birth Control

Taytulla Rating Summary

4.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 275 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Taytulla

"I’ve had my fair share of experiences with birth controls from the migraines everyday to bleeding for weeks at a time to anxiety to depression. Taytulla was my last try at it & I must say I’m pleasantly surprised I was on a generic of the same dosage and had a list of issues none of which I have now with this birth control! On Taytulla I have no anxiety no migraines no depression I had mild spotting getting used to it but now everything is fine, my horrible periods are now only about 4 days. I will say that cramping is still really bad but way lighter ! I love this birth control, life saver!"

Boo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2019

"On Taytulla for 3 years and stopped 1.5 months ago. Here were the side effects I was having. Little to no period. Gained 20 pounds in just 1 year with a total of 40 pounds to date, frequent migraines, constipation, mood swings, agitation. In the 1.5 months that I’ve been off of Taytulla I have less migraines/headaches. Have more frequent bowel movements and my mood is a little more stable. My weight hasn’t changed yet but I do see a difference in my way I look and feel. Why didn’t I stop sooner? I honestly didn’t put two and two together. I didn’t keep track of the side affects. At the time not many reviews on this product was out. Everyone is different."

Lex (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2019

"Due to moving, changing doctors, and being out of town (and away from my husband for 10 days) my original BC Rx lapsed. My new doctor gave me samples of Taytulla to use in the meantime while we get everything squared away for an IUD insertion. I have been taking the pills for almost a month and this last week I have been so nauseous, gassy, and irritable. The only time I have felt this way was when I was pregnant with my two kiddos. I genuinely thought I was pregnant. I took two pregnancy tests (days apart) and both were negative. I was certain I was pregnant, my mom and husband were convinced too. After the second negative prego test, I started looking up more information about this type of BC. My gosh. I wish I would have known sooner. I have felt awful for a week now, to the point of knocking me right down in bed. Not to mention the emotional strain it has caused. This is by far the WORST BC I have ever tried. This is bad news bears. Never again."

Thought I was pregnant May 17, 2019

"I was on this Taytulla birth control for 6 months, the first month I was okay my boobs got a little bigger and I noticed a little bit of weight loss. After that around the second month I began to have severe anxiety, I would come home from classes at least 3 times a week and have an anxiety attack. I felt like I lost myself and couldn't be happy. I did not know if it was the BC at the time but going off it was one of the best decisions I've ever done."

j (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2019

"I started taytulla two weeks ago since the very first day I started it I have been dizzy and nauseous, it's gotten worse with each passing day. I have cramping every day since I started it, back and chest pain. I've also had nightmares every night since starting it. I feel like I'm constantly in a fog and can't focus. I decided to take it at night last night thinking maybe I'll just sleep through the dizziness and nausea and be ok during the day but that was not the case. I kept waking up feeling like I was going to be sick but was too dizzy to get out of bed, and I had the most terrifying dreams I've had in my life. I'm discontinuing the pack I can't live like this for another two weeks that's how badly it's effecting my life. I would definitely not recommend this birth control. I've tried many different birth controls in my life due to endometriosis and this is by far the worst one I've ever taken!"

Nothankyou (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2019

"One month on Taytulla, and it’s my first time using birth control (to regulate my period). I’ve had my period for 11 days now and it’s continuing. The blood flow hasn’t been terrible, and I would like for my period to end now. Cramps have been bad. Light headache that has been ongoing since I started this pill. Anxiety and depression worsened. My mood swings are all over the place. The only pro is that I did not get pregnant only one week into the pill."

xmihox (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2019

"Positive: I never once got pregnant while on Taytulla & my period that used to be 8-9 days went down to 4 days! I have huge ovarian cysts that were blocking blood flow to my left ovary which in turned caused me to have my period once every other month or so. After many years I was happy that for once I wasn't in pain and that everything was finally consistent. Cons: It takes about a month or so to get use to the hormones. My stomach every night felt ice cold and in the morning I was so nauseated. Once that went away I noticed I gained about 5 lbs. Asked doc & he said it should go away... Here I am about a year later and have gone from 130 lb to 175 lb. And lets not even mention not even two months into taking this OC I have had a severe yeast infection on & off for the last 7-8 months or so. Overall between the physical systems and the fact that it has made my depression more serve (diagnosed with MDD about 10 years ago) I am calling quits. I am barely 23, I want to enjoy being a young women."

C4444 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2019

"I have been on Taytulla pill for almost 2 years now and I can certainly relate to most of your side effects. However, I am very happy with the results, less painful periods and less blood flow that only lasts for 2 days at the most. Some months I have not even bleed at all. I was prescribed this pill to slow down my endometriosis and so far so good. Good advise, DO NOT USE YOUR INSURANCE!! Get the manufacturer coupons online and Walmart takes them, I pay $25.00 for 3 months supply, $65.00 at the most."

Picsis87 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2019

"I was put on this birth control because they stop making the birth control that was on originally. So my doctor prescribed me taytulla left for 2 months to try and the first month was amazing! My cycle came and I have no problem then I started my second pack of birth control after a week of taking it my cycle has started (again). I thought nothing of it until my cycle lasted 11 days. And then I started up my birth control again and then we get a half later I started my cycle yet again. I had to get my prescription refilled and then I had to pay out-of-pocket $176 because my health insurance did not cover it. So I bought it started it my cycle started the very next day after I started birth control. I am now on day 12 of my cycle and I'm furious."

Amber (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2019

"I have only been on Taytulla for 5 days and I had a major emotional breakdown today and realized my anxiety has been getting worse and worse daily! Today was the worst I have ever been and usually I'm a pretty calm soul! My husband said you need to get off that BC immediately. I have had a tubal and was given samples of this to try to control my periods which are irregular and usually last 2 weeks. I'd rather have a 2 week long horrible period then put my family through me acting the way I did today. I'll be flushing the rest of these samples. Back to the drawing board doc."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2019

"After reading some pretty bad reviews on here I was pretty hesitant to try this, but after being on Mibelas for about two years I started having stomach pain and breakthrough bleeding, so my dr prescribed this. Only been on it for a month but I feel great!! Had a little cramping and spotting in between periods but nothing crazy. Everyone is different when it comes to birth control, so don’t let negative reviews stop you from trying it! It also takes your body about 3 months to really adjust to the hormones anyways. Good luck out there!"

Tammy April 30, 2019

"I usually don't write reviews for things, I just read them most of the time... but I felt that I should leave a comment after seeing how most of the other reviews were negative. I've been taking Taytulla for 4 going on 5 years now! I've never had issues really other than usually around the middle of my cycle I will bleed a little bit for a day. Other than that this birth control has been great! I never experienced sickness, and I never lost/gained a ton of weight. I overall think this birth control is great especially for women who have low hormone levels and need a boost to get them back where they need to be."

Gabs116 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 28, 2019

"My side effects on Taytulla are depression, uncontrollable emotional swings, irritable, weight gain, random periods, headaches, appetite change, cramps, weird discharge, and fatigue. My insurance covered most of the prescription. It still came out to $60 a month. This drug is not worth the money or your time."

B (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2019

"I’ll start off by saying this pill gave me all the side effects but at least I didn't get pregnant, which was the point. I’ve gained 17 pounds of weight in the 8 months I’ve been on it, I'm ALWAYS bloated, my anxiety is on 1000, and it’s hard for me to do simple tasks without being overwhelmed by my emotions. Other than the weight gain, anxiety, and extreme mood swings, the pill did what it was supposed to do. Every body reacts differently."

Anonymous April 25, 2019

"Horrible! I have gained almost 10lbs in two months of being on Taytulla. Heavier periods and cramps as well. I am waiting to finish this pack before I stop and I really hope this weight will come off as fast as it went on."

Spine85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2019

"Terrible!!! Constant migraines. On Taytulla birth control I’ve had two periods each month. I still bleed just as much. If I’m not on my period I spot every other day. I also have had super bad anxiety attacks as well as depression. Switching off this birth control this week!!"

Alexis (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2019

"The absolute WORST! I've experienced headaches, depression, anxiety, high blood pressure, sweats, low sex drive and fatigue. PLEASE TAKE THIS PILL OFF THE MARKET."

TM15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2019

"The first two months on Taytulla were smooth sailing. I already suffer from anxiety so it was fairly normal to feel anxious and anxiety. I started my third pack and I have been nauseous and throwing up every single day for the last two weeks. I’ve dropped 15 pounds and unable to hold anything down for the first three hours in the morning. This sent me to the ER due to dehydration and lack of appetite. I have discontinued Taytulla and am working with my doctor in finding a BC that works for me."

JuliaS (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2019

"I started Taytulla birth control and instantly started getting the worst anxiety in my entire life. Sadly, I have enough things going on that I wasn't able to pinpoint it to this medicine right away. I wenton two anxiety meds which made my anxiety even worse. The bottom line is, as soon as I quit Taytulla, my life returned to normal after a few days. It was the single worst experience I've ever had in my entire life."

Lara (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2019

"I have only been using this rubbish for 3 weeks now, and it made my severe acne 10 times worse and I gained over 15 pounds..."

Sea April 4, 2019

"With Taytulla I had insomnia, migraine, depression, severe cramps, period with heavy flow twice a month. I do not recommend this drug. Stay away"

dande (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2019

"I've been taking this birth control for a couple of months and it has been an emotional rollercoaster. Shortness of breath, nausea, weight gain, horrible menstrual cramps, periods in between periods. Its been awful.. I would not recommend this pill to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2019

"If you have an anxiety disorder do not take Taytulla birth control. I have it and taking the first pill my heart rate increased, I was shaking sweating and felt really bad. Probably it works for people without an anxiety disorder. But it is not for me!"

Lil (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2019

"I actually haven’t had any problems with Taytulla. I got a 3 month sample pack from my doctor. I had the implanon for about 4 years before this with many issues. On Tatyulla my periods have been only around 4 days long which has been an amazing change. I just called to get a refill because I ran out of the samples packs and it was $323 with my insurance which I think is insane so I will be switching to a different pill that’s more affordable. But besides the price the pill worked great for me with no negative side effects."

Melis (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2019

"This birth control was the worst I have ever been on. It was the first one I ever tried and made me gain 25 pounds in about 2 months. It was horrible and I still haven't been able to lose the weight. I do not recommend whatsoever"

V (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2019