User Reviews for Taytulla

Birth Control
4.7

Summary of Taytulla reviews 4.7 247 reviews

Reviews for Taytulla

For Birth Control "I started taking this birth control around a month and a half ago, I'm also in a relationship and ever since I've started taking it I have been almost constantly overthinking everything, having anxiety, being extremely sad and upset, and crying for no reason. This pill has also started to give me acne again. With all of these side effects (the mood swings being the WORST and most prevalent) I need to stop taking it. I am typically a very very happy and outgoing girl, but ever since taking this I have been a hormonal mess. I don't want this birth control to be the reason I am overly emotional with my boyfriend and constantly creating problems that aren't there. Would not recommend."

Gwen (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2019

For Birth Control "Love this pill. Boosted my sex drive, lightened periods, no breakthrough bleeding, no weight gain (I’ve actually lost weight), no anxiety/depression. It’s awesome. Slight side effect of breast tenderness- but this pill is the ONE for me."

Anonymous February 15, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been Taytulla for about 7 months now. I've also tried orthotri, loestrin, and nuvaring at different points in my life. Pros: - little to no weight change (gain) - light cycles - no changes in mood - depress/anxiety - no change in drive - longer have the severe back pains I had during my cycle Cons: - took 4 months for my body to get used to it, 1 month I had a period, for 3 months I didn't, now I'm back to normal - noticeable breast tenderness and growth Overall, I plan to stick with Taytulla"

gince112 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2019

For Birth Control "This birth control is absolutely terrible. I was prescribed Lo Loestrin Fe about 6 months back for excruciating cramps, but did nothing so I was prescribed Taytulla recently. I cramp almost all the time now, my breasts are tender, I get sharp, stabbing pains in my lower abdomen, uncomfortable back pain, I have SEVERE chest pain (especially at night), and overall, I've just been feeling really down. It's caused me to gain so much weight as well; in fact, I've gained almost 5 pounds THIS WEEK! The only good thing about this medicine is the fact that it cleared my skin. Everyone has different experiences though, but mine was awful. I do NOT recommend this medicine."

rln (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2019

For Birth Control "This would be my 3rd time reviewing. I am a HAPPY camper. I've been on this pill just shy of a year. Despite all of these negative reviews I can personally say that this pill has done nothing but amazing for me. Prevents pregnancy, cleared my acne that I struggled with for years. Very light periods with barely any breakthrough bleeding. No mood swings or anxiety. My weight has stayed the same. My appetite has increased but no weight gain. And I struggled with terrible cramps since being a teen and with this pill I have mild to no cramps at all during the placebo week. Before going off of all these negative reviews give it a try. ITS WORKED FOR me. Everyones body is different."

Anonymous February 9, 2019

For Birth Control "This birth control caused sharp excruciating pain in my lower abdomen in the beginning and I could barely walk without feeling like someone was stabbing my insides. Hopefully it goes away soon though."

Potato (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

For Birth Control "Ive only been taking this since November of last year, so about 3 months, the first month was rough and i got my period lighter the second month i noticed a slight weight gain and bloating with a plus side of my acne clearing and my period was even lighter. Yes I have anxiety even before the pill has it made it worse? I thought so at first but i dont think so. The first 3 months is your body getting used to things , the bloating went down and so far no period. My mood swings are normal and my anxiety went back to being occasional. Then again i take my pill in the morning if that makes a difference. :)"

Amtwasxx (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2019

For Birth Control "My daughter is 31 and started on Taytulla 6 months ago. Two weeks ago she experienced right side numbness while taking a shower before work. She was rushed to the hospital at 6:15 am with right side paralyses and yellowing whites of her eyes. By 8:30am they came to us with her CT results. She had a 3cm tumor on the motor skills portion of her brain which all the doctors here in Tennessee said was inoperable. The only change in her medications and environmental factors was the introduction of Taytulla. Leading up to her diagnosis she suffered terrible mood swings, anxiety attacks and night sweats. After further investigation of this medication you can see that 3.3 out of 100000 developed some type of liver tumor. The greed in this country has made it acceptable to give a 3.3 a death sentence if it works for 99997 women. This is unacceptable in my book! Shame on you!!!"

Breezelane68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2019

For Birth Control "I just finished my fourth pack. I am pleased with the product, and like most, was nervous because of the reviews. The first month was mood swing after mood swing and some nausea but* after that hump I’ve been smooth sailing. I have bleeding for 2-3 days which is nice compared to the long 7 days without it and the normal period before and during symptoms. The only thing that hurts is the price. My insurance covers about 75% so it’s still pretty expensive. I have had no weight gain or crazy acne. I will take this pill as long as I can afford it."

Cantrell184 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2019

For Birth Control "This pill is awful! Wish I would've read these reviews before starting. THIS IS ALL TRUE-- Depression, anxiety, headaches, nightmares, nausea, weight gain, sore breasts, tired all the time. I've only been on it 3 days (just threw away the pack) and very in touch with my body. I knew immediately that this was the cause of all these negative symptoms. I will NEVER ingest this pill again!"

Thal (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2019

For Birth Control "My doctor switched me to Taytulla after being in Loestrin for nearly ten years. He claimed he was switching me so that I would have an even lower dose of hormones since I had been on birth control for a long period of time. I wasn’t really happy about switching. Well fast forward only four months later and I was in the ER with severe chest pains, blood pressure of 190/130 and a pulse of over a 170 BPM. After a CT scan it was determined I had a pulmonary embolism. A very large one found in my left lung, along with many small ones found in both lungs. All of my doctors have narrowed the cause down to birth control. I never had a single issue with taking Loestrin and only four months after switching have a PE. I don’t think it was a coincidence that it happened after switching to Taytulla. Please me cautious and advocate for yourself if you know something is not normal."

jen January 23, 2019

For Birth Control "Been on this birth control for about a five months. Although the pill completely stopped my periods. I’ve had uncontrollable mood swings. Many panic attacks, paranoia and signs of depression. Also worsened my cramping and made me lose 10lbs (which I have issues with gaining weight). Thinking about stopping the pill completely to see if i’ll go back to being myself. DO NOT take this pill if you have an issue with anxiety or depression!!"

Maddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

For Birth Control "It does its sole purpose of preventing pregnancy, and it cleared up my moderate acne. However my sex drive completely went away and I experienced a significant amount of anxiety to the point of having to leave classes half way through. I will be switching to a new pill."

Sydney (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

For Birth Control "I have two teenage daughters on Taytulla and they both really like it. No issues other than the initial adjustment of some spotting with the first pack.. maybe a little more emotional for the first 3 packs, but nothing more than typical PMS. As a mom I read all these reviews and got a little freaked out. I wanted people to know that this pill seems to work for them and they will continue to take."

MM (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been in Taytulla for about a month and a half now. This is the first type of BC I have ever tried. Since starting, my periods have stopped with some breakthrough bleeding in the first month and now just some light spotting. After reading these reviews, I understand why I have been so emotional. I am known for my thick skin, but after starting this pill, I noticed I would become so upset, almost to the point of crying, which is NOT me. Also, I just had my first anxiety attack EVER. I have never struggled with depression or anxiety in the past, but now I feel in a constant slump which scares me. My once clear skin is now in a terrible breakout. I understand that I still need to give time for my hormone levels to balance, but is this normal? Especially a "mild" BC like my gyno described it as? I feel like a pimpled face hormonal freak, which is making me crazy. I am planning to finish out my sample pack. Set an appointment this week with my GYNO to hopefully resolve this issue..."

4 January 17, 2019

For Birth Control "Taytulla was the first birth control I ever used. I have PCOS as well as insulin resistance, before taking taytulla I would have terrible PMS and lots of hair loss. The first month of taking taytulla was pretty rough due to lots of mood swings and 15 days of spotting! However, after the spotting stopped I noticed that my acne decreased, my hair loss decreased, and my mood was much more stablized. Unfortunately I had to stop taking Taytulla after 2 months because my insurance stopped covering it. I did not gain any weight on the pill even though I am insulin resistant which is great. I think this is a great pill for people to start out with."

AI (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control I've ever been on! My acne is terrible and I've gained 10lbs since first taking it in December 1 and it's only January 12. I have had terrible anxiety and some bouts with depressing thoughts! I got on to stop my bleeding but it's only increased! My boobs hurt and I'm done taking it! I got my tubes tied 3 years ago it's highly ineffective for me!"

BJackson (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2019

For Birth Control "I just had second baby, had been taking Lo Loestrin for 10+ years. My hormones were completely out of whack. I was extremely emotional, mood swings, heavy periods, overall miserable. My OB switched me to this birth control. First week a little nauseous but I’m on week 3 and my periods are lighter and I’m MUCH better hormonally. They have a coupon now until June you can get it for $25.00 BUT after insurance may cover and it’s 100+."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this BC for 11 months. After reading the reviews I was SUPER hesitant to take this pill (my 1st birth control) but I decided to try it anyway. I lost weight, my skin is mostly cleared up, and my periods are short and barely there! I have not experienced any depression, anxiety or anything negative. I’m 22, moderately active and I eat relatively healthy, have no health issues, so that may contribute to my positive experience. If you’re nervous, try it. It’s not the same for everyone, but it may be right for you!"

Xo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 8, 2019

For Birth Control "Worst BC! Not only did I gain weight I had serious anxiety and depression on this medicines"

Mj (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been taking this medication since October (now it is early January) and since October I have been depressed and have anxiety and panic attacks. Then the light bulb turned on in my head that this all started since I started this birth control and did not realize it til my mom told me. I have been off it for a few days and so far so good."

Josie January 5, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for almost 3 years now and I'm quite happy with it. Overall, the results have been great. My adult acne is gone. I don't suffer heavy periods where I have to sleep with a towel under me at night. I don't have to skip work because my period cramps are so painful. The horrible PMS irritability has subsided for the most part. As for the side effects: - Gained around 10lbs initially (which I've since lost) - My boobs have gotten slightly bigger (a plus for me!) - My hair isn't as curly as it used to be. I've heard this can happen during pregnancy so that would make sense that it happens with birth control since it tricks your body into thinking you're pregnant - Lower sex drive - No periods - seems a bit unnatural but I'm not complaining Up to the first year, I did feel a little wonky and emotional at times. I'm not sure if this is the birth control to blame but I do think it's levelled out. Happy to be on this stuff and baby free!"

Leanna (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2019

For Birth Control "This birth control worked GREAT! It didn’t make me nauseous at all. It stopped my period for 8 months. Unfortunately I'm switching to loyrna to help my acne. But I would highly recommend Taytulla if you’re just looking for something to protect against pregnancy."

em (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2019

For Birth Control "Personally, I like this birth control. I was taking Tri-Sprintec previously and I always felt very up and down. Once I got to week 3 of those pills I would feel miserable until I started my new pack. Not the case with Taytulla. I am experiencing some light breakthrough bleeding from the switch, but besides that I feel much better in a general sense. No more period headaches, no more extreme fatigue during my period, no more starving for food in weeks 3 and 4. Others are mentioning weight gain, which wasn't the case for me. If anything I have lost a little weight because I feel more "level" on this pill. I'm going to keep taking my sample packs and see how it works out. Thus far I feel it has worked for me and I'm really happy about the switch."

Arianna (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 39 years old and was put on taytulla by my OB/GYN to regulate my cycle & stop breakthrough bleeding. I have had breakthrough bleeding for years with no answers. I've been taking taytulla for 2 weeks now and stopped just two days ago because of unbearable lower abdomen cramping. The cramping and bleeding have been so severe that I can't even function with my regular day activities. I'm bleeding so severely with lots and lots of clots. I've never bled this much in my entire life where I'm having to change a pad every hour on the hour. Tampons can't even be used, I'm having to wear super huge pads for the heavy flow that feel like a diaper. I've developed acne in the past few days on my face. My mood has me down & depressed & I just can't shake out of it. It's only been two days with me stopping taytulla and I have not noticed any change yet. I hope I start to feel better soon as this can't be life!"

Ab December 28, 2018