User Reviews for Taytulla

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Taytulla.

Birth Control
4.4

Summary of Taytulla reviews 4.4 73 reviews

Reviews for Taytulla

For Birth Control "This medicine makes me feel horrible. I get horrible depression and anxiety, sometimes I cry for no reason. Mood swings are horrible and is affecting my relationship. I don’t want to do anything other than be in bed and cry. Cramps are horrible, I get really bad migraines and lost of appetite. For me is been the worst experience ever. I gain some weight I just feel worthless"

DAE25 December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "At first I was worried taking my first bc, taytulla. I saw all the bad reviews but took it anyways. In the beginning I was nauseas for about a week, nothing ginger tea couldn’t fix. I then started spotting heavily and had bad anxiety and mood swings. I’m now on my 4th pack and spotting is gone and I feel like my normal self again. Obviously in the beginning your body is going through a lot of change, And takes a bit of time to get used to it. Also a con of taytulla is its expensive even with insurance"

ma0497 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This drug made me psycho. It effected my relationship, which was really hard. It doesn’t give me tons of little zits, but a couple large ones that take over my face that I have never really gotten before. If you don’t take it around the same time every day you spot (at least for me I did). But I think overall the worst part was how it made me feel. I’m sure it did it’s job but I have always been an upbeat, happy person! This made me feel depression and anxiety which was new to me. I just sob for no reason. My therapy was a hot bath. Works every time."

Cray cray (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I got switched to this pill from an extended cycle pill when I visited a new doctor. I have tried every other pill and the extended cycle pill was really the only one that worked for me and I informed my doctor of this. He recommended for me to try this brand so I did. I'm on my second week of this pill and no joke I got 40 new pimples from starting this pill! My skin has never EVER been this bad and my whole forehead is covered in breakouts. I don't even want to leave the house with how bad my skin is and I've gained 10 pounds too. I have zero sex drive now too. I had beautiful skin while on my other pill and I'm going back to it and not even going to finish the pack. I can't do another day of migraines."

Lovely Rosieee December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When I first started taking this pill I was on my period for 19ish days. I’ve always had a small amount of acne, but once I started taytulla it seemed as if I got a new pimple daily. I kept taking this pill for 2 months to see if it would regulate, but the same thing happened in the second month. I had another friend try this pill after I did, and the same thing happened to her. I switched to ortho-tri-cyclen after two months on taytulla and my period is under control as well as my acne. I DO NOT recommend this pill to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Typically, only people with negative reviews leave comments...however I’ve been taking Taytulla for about 3months now and it’s been great. No breakouts, no headaches, no weight gain or food cravings. I have actually lost weight while on this pill. So far, so good."

Madlie November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on minastrin years ago, loved it but had to switch because it got too expensive. So next I went on Yaz for my skin..... horrible experience, that pill wrecked me. I stopped taking birth control all together for about 6 months and now I’m on Taytulla. I was super nervous after my experience on Yaz but it hasn’t been too bad yet. I’m on my second week and oddly enough my skin is very clear, no increased appetite or weight gain, and very minimal side effects. I am experiencing some headaches and nausea, but nothing unmanageable. I did notice that all of a sudden I have two giant cystic acne spots on my back now, super painful! Very unusual for me. Has this happened to anyone else???? I’m hoping it will go away... will report back later."

Beachgirl0580 November 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have tried every form of birth control, with the exception of an IUD, and I find this pill to be the most successful one by far. It took my body just two months to properly adjust to the timing of the active pills. I've been on this now going on 5 months and I couldn't be happier. My period lasts between 2-4 days, my cramps are very light, I do not get any negative side effects like some people have mentioned, I get less acne during my ovulation period and my headaches have gone away. My bf and I have unprotected sex around 3 times a day and so far so good! I can't say that everyone will benefit the same as I have, but if there were a BC that I could recommend to anyone, it would be this one."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My ob prescribed me this BC I just had gives birth two months ago and it was ok for the first week and a half and then I noticed I was gaining weight craving different foods then I started having headaches that got progressively worse turning into migraines ..then I started bleeding my period wasn't even suppose to start yet and I'm still bleeding very heavily super tampons barely work I don't not recommend this BC ..although everyones body is different"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control has made my life a living hell and I am hysterically crying as I write this. I had clear skin before this pill and now I don’t even want to leave the house my acne is so bad. My period lasts a month when it used to be bad at 8 days. My cramps have been even worse to the point where I have to scream into my pillow. I gave it some time but it’s tearing down my mental sanity too quickly so I cannot stay on it any longer."

Jenny Tellurm (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Taytulla for about 2 weeks. I had Nexplanon, which I loved but caused ovarian cysts so I had to get it removed. Since getting nexplanon removed, I haven't had a period, so they put me on taytulla to try and get my body back into the rhythm of things. Ever since taking this BC I have had headaches, extreme nausea, double vision, depression, anxiety, terrible cramps, and I got a yeast infection, which turned to a bacterial infection, I am breaking out like crazy. I called my OB today see if they couldn't send in another birth control to my pharmacy, they told me basically to suck it up and after 3 MONTHS the side effects would diminish, needless to say I quit taking 2 days ago and still have side effects, please take w/ caution!!"

TakeWithCaution!!!! November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Most people leave reviews only if something is bad, so I figured I'd come to leave a positive review so less people are scared to try this birth control. I have only had positive experiences with this BC. I never had bad cramps or long periods before I took the pill, and this pill has kept it that way. I haven't gained weight, I haven't gotten more acne, and my mood hasn't changed. This pill works great for me."

Allycat4710 November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for years but changed over to Taytulla 2 months ago after moving to the USA and needing a bit more progesterone than the Yaz offered. I definitely found myself eating a bit more in the first few weeks and I put on a couple of pounds but I've got that back under control now 8 weeks later. I also find that the week of ovulation I am a bit more short tempered with my kids, nothing too serious. Yes the first 6 weeks my mood was somewhat different but that can be expected as you are changing the hormone levels in your body. Give it 2 months and if you are still unhappy then stop. I'm about to order my first prescription after using the 2 free sample packs."

Chezzahw (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I got put on Taytulla because my body is sensitive to hormones. I’ve always had problems being on birth control with bad mood swings and depression. My doctor recommend this to me because it’s a low dose. I’m on my 3rd pack right now the first month I broke out on my face really bad but it cleared up on the second pack! It completely stopped my period I have no PMS symptoms at all! I take my pill everyday at the same time I took a test just to make sure I’m not pregnant! I did gain a few pounds nothing too major Other than that I love this birth control!"

Sydney609 November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm on month 3 taking this after being forced to switch from Minestrin FE (I really liked this one) due to insurance changes. I'd been on BC for many years but so far I'm not too happy with this one, especially when it is supposed to be very much like the Minestrin. Month one I had bloating and breast pains, month two I was getting headaches about every other day (not migraines, just annoying). I've learned to give a change of BC 3-4 months before deciding. I've had less headaches this month but I've still had more than I ever had with Minestrin. Periods are very light and are lasting only a day or so. I got a discount card from my doctor to help pay for this prescription FYI saving me about $200."

JLo78 November 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Doc prescribed Taytulla to help regulate my premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). After being on medicine for 11 days, after having very regular periods for years and only spotting 2-3x in my entire life. I had breakthrough bleeding after having my period a week and a half before. I had PMS food cravings, headache, cramps, and mood swings with uncontrollable crying that were off the charts and worse than my "normal PMS" symptoms. In addition to the very depressing erratic mood swings, it exacerbated nerve issues in my spine, created burning down my legs, extreme back pain, which had been under control and feeling GREAT for months, until I began taking medicine. This medicine is AWFUL. Do NOT take if you have any form of mild depression. It also turned my urine brown. Lovely."

PMDD monster (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking Taytulla for 4 months now, and from day one it has been great for me. I never had any nausea, but I did notice that I was a little more emotional than usual during the first week or two that I started taking it, but after that everything was perfectly fine. My breasts did increase and size, and my period got much lighter to where I would only spot for one day. Now, I do not have a period at all which I love. In my opinion, this is a great birth control and I've recommended it to multiple people who ended up loving it as well. It is all based on your body, and how it reacts with the medication. I'm thankful it worked out great for me!"

kleftridge (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I found that immediately after starting Taytulla I was bloated and uncomfortable. I developed cystic acne within days - even on my legs which was a first for me. I have not had cystic acne on my face in over 10 years. A small thing, but I also did not like the size of the pill. I felt my RN had pushed the drug on me due to the pharma company's incentives. That was also a turnoff."

Fairy1978 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I wanted to share a review since I was really nervous about going on this pill, especially after seeing all the horrible reviews. My doctor put me on Taytulla because I was borderline hemorrhaging with my periods, bleeding 8-16 oz/day On my heaviest 2 days. I am just starting my 3rd month. Month 1 was awful, as I spotted almost every day because of the hormone change. Cramps have been the worst cramps I've ever had since I started. No breakouts though. Month 2 my period was so light. Bad cramps, but still no breakouts. Overall I'm happy with how this has flipped my periods around, but hate the cramping. Give it a few month adjustment period before you listen to all the negativity. I will take the cramps because of all the other benefits"

Pinkfrk (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I never leave reviews but I researched this A TON before going on it. There is more negative than positive, which scared me. This is the first form of BC I've been on, so I did NOT want any crazy side effects. I kept a log of weight, moods, nausea, etc. each day and there is barely anything to report. A little nausea at first, but nothing an afternoon ginger ale couldn't fix. My periods were already short and light and now they are even better. I've always had light breakouts before my period and I still somewhat do. It's easier for people to write about bad experiences vs. good, so I just wanted to include some positivity for anyone thinking about trying it."

CLK29 October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "For the first 2 weeks was the absolute worst I couldn’t go to work because I was constantly vomiting and I was seeing double and feeling light headed. After that everything was normal. My period is 100% off track and that’s the only thing I dislike about it, I’ve been taking it for 4 months now and it still hasn’t caught up with the brown pills. For acne, I mild acne but my doctor said it would clear up my acne but I personally think it made it worse instead of clearing it up."

RodT (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So far, this pill is horrible! I am finishing up month 2, and I am miserable. I have taken two of the pervious versions, Generess fe & minastrin fe, which were amazing. I had no period, no pain and felt great. Since the company switched to the gel cap...I have bloated, cramping, and headaches, for the whole two months. My period is back too, which is heavy and painful, and the original reason I started a pill. I've been back to my OBGYN to try and get off it. She talked me into trying it another two months... We'll see if I can handle this for two more months."

DJ5789 October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on BC for about 4 years now, generally the same pill just different generic names ( I move a lot ) So when I last moved and got a new doctor she recommended taytulla, it was new and she told me I was on an “older version” of birth control and this one was great only a few days of light periods etc. well, first month, no side effects but my period was about 2/3 days. Second month my period was like 1 maybe 2 days, super light. 3rd month I didn’t even get my period, I have never skipped a period before I didn’t miss a pill and I was freaking out. I took 2 pregnancy tests both negative, I called my doctor she said it was normal and this pill “does that”, so I’m switching back b/c I don’t feel like buying a test every month."

Jenn t October 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this birth control for a month this week and I thought I liked it up until these last few days. I’ve noticed a lot of mood swings, increased anxiety, and this little part of me wants to say depression but I’m not sure if my increased anxiety is making it worse for me. Enough for me to bring it up to my primary care doctor. For the past few days I’ve been having anxiety about having depression like as if I’m scared to become depressed and I don’t like it AT ALL. I originally started this birth control because I’ve had irregular periods since I had my baby a year and a half ago but unfortunately it’s a huge no for me."

AL13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I personally think everyone is different with birth control, looking at these reviews shouldn't discourage someone from taking this pill! My personal experience was odd. I started it & I had a great experience, basically no period & no mood swings! It was awesome. Now 2 months later, I have gained 10lbs & I can barely eat a meal because I get so bloated. I would recommend this to people who have heavy unbearable periods & gaining a few pounds isn't an issue to you otherwise stay away!"

Anonymou October 3, 2017