User Reviews for Taytulla

Birth Control
4.8

Summary of Taytulla reviews 4.8 201 reviews

Reviews for Taytulla

For Birth Control "Love it! Best BC I've ever been on in the past decade. It works perfectly for my body. My moods are better than ever, my period is light, water weight gain subsiding after a few months, and was easy to get on, unlike some higher estrogen pills that have given me bad side effects ie. headache, intense breast tenderness, mood swings the first 3 months - this didn't happen with Taytulla. It was the easiest transition I've ever had. I love it! I have PCOS, so I'm thinking it may be helpful for those suffering from this. I would definitely recommend this BC despite what some reviews say, I've had the opposite experience. I feel much more even with my moods throughout the month and days, unlike usual with or with out birthcontrol."

kc (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control worked amazingly well, until about 6 months in. I experienced a substantial worsening of my anxiety symptoms at about that time. Since doctors always say that anxiety side effects will peak at the beginning and then go away, it took me months to realize that the birth control might be causing it. And what do you know, one month off of this drug and I am feeling way better, almost back to normal. I can actually talk to strangers without wanting to launch myself into the sun. Just be careful if you take this drug, the side effects can come later."

Dani (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2018

For Birth Control "After having a copper IUD for four years, I went on Taytulla after my doctor recommended I get my IUD removed. I didn't experience any noteworthy side effects. I didn't gain weight, experience acne, or have mood swings. The first month I spotted some when my period was supposed to come, but after the first month my period completely stopped. I was worried at first that I might be pregnant, I even took a few pregnancy tests, but they were always negative. I still get some cramping and other PMS symptoms when on the placebo pills, but I don't bleed. I would consider this a benefit to Taytulla. The only reason I'm switching brands is that I got new insurance, and Taytulla is $50 a month, so I'm trying a lower cost option. If that one doesn't work out, I will definitely switch back to Taytulla."

em92 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I've just started my third month of this pill, and it has been a complete disaster. This is also my first time taking birth control. A couple weeks ago I thought about trying something different since it has been making me cry about every little stress in life and has also made me anxious about everything. I'm in my first semester of college and this pill has not made it easier. I am currently dealing with some relationship problems, but I would never typically feel this depressed about anything. I'm so much happier than this. The only good thing I've experienced with this pill is the barely there period. This pill is destroying my happiness and ruining me as a person. Due to all of the anxiety and depression, I haven't been eating as much as I should, so I've lost weight. I would not recommend this pill to anyone."

anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "Severe weight gain other than that it's pretty good. I gained almost 15 pounds in 2 months any 1 else have this problem"

Lane (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill was nightmarish. My doctor recommended it to me, and it made me a crazy person. Panic attacks daily, self harm, depression, dark thoughts. I’ve never been like that, and I haven’t been like that since I got off. It seems like other people had similar experiences. Onto the next pill, I suppose."

Ellie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Taytulla for about 8 months now and let me tell you. It’s been a roller coaster ride. My original birthcontrol I was on I never had any side effects or anything wrong except from gaining a little bit of weight. The doctor switched my birth control to Taytulla and it’s literally been the worse thing ever! I am a very happy person and this pill made me extremely depressed and also my anxiety went skyrocket and thru the roof! I thought I was like this cause I went thru a breakup after 4 years but no! After reading the reviews it all makes sense. I am definitely stopping the pill and do NOT recommend Taytulla to anyone!"

Jay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "This was the very first birth control I had ever been put on. My OBGYN recommended it so I gave it a try & told me to come back in about a month or so & to see how my body handled it. It was about a week into taking it is when I started feeling nauseous 24/7. I could not even get near food without feeling like I was going to throw up; therefore I lost weight. This pill made my anxiety & depression SKY ROCKET!! The smallest little things made me cry or have anxiety for no reason, I was not happy for a long time because of this birth control. My boobs hurt SO bad on this pill so much that I had to wear only sports bras because even walking down a staircase made me feel like I got punched in each boob. My period was VERY irregular, I rarely bled on my 4 placebo pills, I only ever bled randomly, there was no regularity whatsoever."

Em (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I have always been a positive and out going person, only had acne when my period came, and I was looking to get on birth control, so my doctor prescribed this. Now for the month that I’ve been on it, it’s been terrible. My acne is worse than when I was in high school and I have developed severe sadness and anxiety, which is miserable since I know I haven’t always been like that. I understand every body is different, but me feeling constant sadness and anxiety so suddenly had me look into this and I read how I wasn’t the only one with a bad experience. On to the next pill"

ask September 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking it because I had ovarian cyst ruptures and the pill stopped them. I got severely depressed and lost a majority of my hair. I made the decision to go off of it after a year and a half and I definitely see results. My mood is fantastic and my hair is growing back at a fast rate. Definitely want to warn people about the side-effects if this pill."

TAGAlexa (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2018

For Birth Control "Not sure it it helped with endometriosis symptoms but I can say this. I had used it for at least 4 months I have noticed my thyroid problems has improved fairly well; on the other hand, I'm super moody and depressed ( which has decreased some over the month, but still a problem). 2nd I'm super regular person with my periods and my period has gone away already twice and still gives me some PMS symptoms which sucks bc they actually last for weeks on and off."

Mikha (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on taytulla for more than 6 month and it has been the worst experience of my life. I've had constant migraines, no sex drive, my anxiety and depression has been through the roof, my period is non existent which I don't think is normal or healthy. I've been so nauseaous and so moody it's crazy. I DO NOT recommend this pill to anyone. Stay far away from it as possible. I am hoping to look for another pill or maybe an IUD."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on a different birth control for 2 years but decided to stop because I wanted to stop my period. I have been on taytulla for only a week and have never in my life experienced this kind of depression. My anxiety is also through the roof and I’ve been very nauseous. I have no energy to do anything and fell behind on my work drastically. Wanted to wait this out but it’s ruining relationships around me and overall not worth it. This has affected me mentally so horribly I’m taking immediate action to get off of it. I would not recommend"

Soccergirl101 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Birth Control "In the last 3 months while taking this pill, I have gained weight (my mom keeps asking me why I look pregnant...I'm also 21 years old), my acne came back after years of clear skin, my depression and anxiety exploded out of nowhere (my therapist hasn't seen me in months because I was doing so well), I am overly emotional and cry for hours over nothing (and my Dr wanted me to go on this pill to reduce this, whoops), and the comments on this page make so much sense to why this is happening to me. It sounds like half of the people on this pill do really well or REALLY badly. When I told my doctor about my mood swings she told me to try another pill which gave me an allergic reaction and, even after the steroid shot, I'm still in a constant wave of slight discomfort. It might be from this pill, not too sure. I am getting off this pill at the end of my cycle and I'll either try something new or not go on at all because I am sick of this constant battle with myself."

Krys September 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for over 10 years. Started experiencing debilitating cramps during sex and after bowel movements about 2 years ago. Doc thought I may have endometriosis, but recommended I try a lower dose birth control first before doing any invasive testing. Let me tell you...I wish I knew about this pill a long time ago! Within the first week, my cramps subsided, my mood got increasingly better, and I enjoy sex now for the first time in a long time. I really hope there is someone out there that reads this amongst all of the negative reviews. I had zero negative side effects and have been on it for 6 months now. Taytulla saved my marriage! Insurance pays 100% as well with most carriers which is a nice added bonus :)"

CiaraB (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Taytulla for 2 years now to control Endometriosis. It is a great alternative to the hysterectomy that several Drs have recommended. I've had light spotting maybe 3 times in 2 years. With 2 having been these last 2 months. I see several complaints about them causing mood swings. It's a hormone. It will do that. They don't work if you don't take them regularly which means the same time every day. Nothing is a miracle drug. If it doesn't work for you, talk to your doctor and try something else. There are far cheaper medications than this one. However, I am happy with this product. It's pretty much the same outcome as the depo shot and this doesn't hurt my bone mass "

Rebecca (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2018

For Birth Control "Obviously, this is just my experience . I wasn't pleased with this birth control. I was put on it, after wanting to start birth control again after taking couple years break from it. I've never had any bad side effects from birth control- until this one. My side effects were similar to pregnancy symptoms- I even took a few tests while on this birth control because it was that bad! I did give this pill a chance (3 months), but then decided I couldn't do it anymore. I did switch to another pill (Tri-Sprintec) and had 0 side effects because of it. I can say, my doctor was surprised I had a bad reaction to it- normally everyone she put it on loved it."

Nikki (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

For Birth Control "It’s my 3rd week using Taytulla. I have severe depression and mood swings. I am not myself at all and people around me are noticing it. After taking the pill in the morning I feel so nauseous and sometimes I would even vomit. I was thinking that I should finish the 3 month sample and see if my body will adjust, but now I am not so sure."

Anonymous September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill was great at first I thought. But I was having irregular periods and after 6 months I started suffering from anxiety and depression. I then realized it could be the pill. And after reading all these reviews that are similar, it gives me a huge relief. I’m stopping the pill and switching."

Mel (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on Taytulla about 5 or 6 months ago after switching from less than 3 weeks on Kariva (which made me feel insane, depressed and was having harmful thoughts). Taytulla was an easy switch! I felt like myself again, my skin cleared, I had absolutely no adverse reactions and no cramping. Without birth control pills I am incredibly moody, & suffer from PMDD, heavy flow, debilitating cramps & irregular cycles. I loved Taytulla until 4 weeks ago, when my hair started falling, my skin was breaking out and I was battling insomnia. Inactive pills come around and my period is the heaviest it’s ever been on birth control: just last month I had a single period day, and now I’m 3 days into another pack of Taytulla AND STILL BLEEDING!!! Calling my gyno today to switch. I’m on BC more for hormone regulation to control PMDD and severe cramping and irregularity than I am for actual birth control, and if it doesn’t do it’s job after a while, what’s the point?"

Emma August 28, 2018

For Birth Control "Taytulla has helped my periods be extremely light and with very few abdominal cramps. I have endometriosis so this has worked very well at improving my symptoms. BUT Taytulla has caused me to have horrible cramps in my toes, feet, shins, calves, and inner thighs. It was so bad my doc had me checked for DVT."

rosebomb (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 27, 2018

For Birth Control "So I shared how much I loved Taytulla after a month of being on it, and I’m now here to update you on month 6 of my experience! First off, this BCP was the first I had ever been on, so I was definitely nervous at the start. It never gave me weird hormones, depression or anxiety like other people have said. I did not gain weight, my acne has cleared up & I'm overall loving how I feel (plus I’m not pregnant!) definitely give Taytulla a try...I was very hesitant but I really love it"

Al (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I had been taking Taytulla for almost 2 years. Since previous birth control had given me lots of stomach problems and Taytulla seemed to lessen them although they were still there. I take Taytulla consistently so I do not get a period, this was recommended by my doctor and is completely safe. However within the past 6 months my sex drive has not only been low but I have experienced extreme pain with sex, come to find out the pill was not fully stopping my periods correctly and actually caused me to grow a few cysts that have had complications. Ever since discovering this and really looking into the past few months I have realized the pill has done nothing but make my life miserable. I have lost hair, had 13 day long break through bleeding, and my depression and anxiety has been the worst it has ever been. Each pill has different effects for everyone but this was my experience and after the recent recall of this product I do not feel it has worked properly."

Anonymous August 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm new to birth control (never took any besides now) I have been on this BC for about 2 weeks and 1 day! And I feel horrible! My mood swings are out of control, my breast are super sore. I feel so sick after taking this pill, I’ve been super depressed and sad since the first week but didn’t pay to much mind because I thought it was my period. After reading the reviews on this I figured I wasn’t going crazy. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this BC to anyone. More so new starters."

kim (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL. I have bad CONSTANT CRAMPS and TERRIBLE mood swings. I have never been so anxious and depressed in my whole life. My boobs are CONSTANTLY sore and my mood swings are ruining my relationships with those around me. I haven’t felt like myself since I started taking this pill. It also made me anemic. NEVER take this pill"

helpingyouout August 19, 2018