User Reviews for Taytulla

Birth Control
4.9

Summary of Taytulla reviews 4.9 162 reviews

Reviews for Taytulla

For Birth Control "I have never used any birth control pills before this. I only used it for 3 months but it made me anxious and it was impossible to sleep. My emotions were so bad that almost everyday I was asking my bf if he was trying to break up with me. I was sleeping less than an hour a night. I was also getting two periods a month. I just stopped and I can feel my emotions levelling out again. I’m hoping my periods will go back to normal. I’m going to ask my dr about switching to something else"

Peep (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2018

For Birth Control "For the girls thinking about starting Taytulla and reading the reviews from people who stopped it too soon. (with in reason of course - health first) I stayed on it for my body to adjust and didn't stop a few weeks or months in because of side effects. Yes, you're going to get side effects, you're messing with your bodies hormones, expect them. For the first few 2-3 months, I got headaches constantly, almost zero appetite, and my anxiety had hit panic levels, paranoia and light mood swings, on the side of crying more. But after the side effects wore off it's perfect. I never gained weight, (have acne as I did before) no cramping, light periods, I went up a cup size, and not pregnant. Personal warnings: I will warn about, coffee and caffeine, one of the side effects is a type of sensory overload when mixed with caffeine, I switched to decaf as I drink coffee for taste. Read what interacts with Taytulla, types of teas and detox. Side effects with medicine, vitamins, and herbal supplements."

Zare July 12, 2018

For Birth Control "After reading so many negative reviews. I have decided to come back and UPDATE my experience on Taytulla. First and foremost, please please give your body at least 3 months to cope when starting a new pill. This birth control has been nothing short of amazing. Goodbye acne. Goodbye cramps. Period only lasts 2 days and its barely enough to have to wear a panty liner. The first few days out of a new pill pack gives me very mild headaches but hey I'll take that over painful cramps. I have been taking for just over 4 months now and Taytulla has changed my life for the better!"

Mamaoftwo (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2018

For Birth Control "With potential endometriosis I was prescribed this medication strictly to control and help moderate my never ending Pelvic pain and over the top long heavy painful periods. Starting taytulla on the first day of my period I can say with full confidence that it was the worst period of my life. Lasting over two weeks I could do little to nothing due to excruciating cramps, fatigue, headaches, back pain, nausea, breast pain, and dizziness. Since then I haven't had one day free of spotting, nausea, anxiousness, feelings of depression and panic, consistent pelvic pain, neck pain, headaches, and constant fatigue often leaving me out of breath. All these symptoms seem to appear or worsen after I take the pill everyday at 4. I am 20 years old with a healthy BMI and I can't describe how much of a living hell these pills are putting me through. But I'm determined to stick it out for three months. That's when I'm told it will improve. Or find a new OBGYN."

Iamthemeinendo July 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I don’t recommend this pill. The cost is hearty and the side effects are not worth it. I was on Taytulla for 2 months and that was enough for me. For the first 2 wks or so after my period I’d get borderline migraines. Nothing at all would remedy them. I noticed changes in my mood and I’d snap a lot. In fact, my boyfriend and I were doing great, but for the past 2 months it was nonstop arguments. Stuff that didn’t even need to be argued about! I stopped the pill a few days ago and boom, we’re back to lovey dovey. It’s absurd how some BC pills can effect your brain like this! "

My Two Cents (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on taytulla a little over a year now. It was great at first. I never broke out, my periods were light and painless, and I had no major side effects. Within the last 6 months that has changed. My periods got lighter and lighter and then stopped completely. There’s nothing fun about running to the store for pregnancy tests every single month. During my four sugar pills I still get awful PMS symptoms just without the actual period. I have always struggled with hypochondria and anxiety but I’ve noticed it become almost unbearable in the last 6 months. I’ll be going to be OBGYN next month to see if they can switch me over to something that will work better for me."

Madelynn (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I had only been taking this for about a week and I realize stuff like this usually takes a couple of weeks to kick in or take into effect but I had to stop taking it immediately. I have never felt so depressed in my entire life than I have after taking this. I wake up crying and go to sleep crying and I feel like an entirely different person. I felt super nauseous and dizzy as well. Definitely not for me"

Mandy (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

For Birth Control "Horrible experience. After 6 weeks of taking Taytulla, I started bleeding like a normal period only after 2 weeks my period ended and then it turned very heavy with a lot of clots. This has been the case for 4 days. It has given me bad cramps and GI issues. It has set my anemia back to where it initially began. I also experienced nausea, anxiety and depression. I’m definitely getting off of this!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I absolutely hate Taytulla. I read the reviews after just barely starting the pill which all said it messes with your mental state, but I thought I’m self-assured and confident so it won’t affect me. But I was wrong and into my 4th week of the pill, the mood swings almost ruined my relationship. It gave me vaginal irritation which I'm still not even sure if it’s a yeast infection or not. it made me spot for a week straight in my 2nd week. The mood swings and the emotional side of this makes Taytulla not worth it. I would definitely not recommend. I felt crazy on this pill and have almost decided to stop birth control pills altogether if they all alter my mental stability like Taytulla did. I’m getting off it as soon as I finish this pill package."

em (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I was just switched to this pill to try to stop my period. I have only been on it for less than two weeks and I'm experiencing severe abdominal cramping, mood swings, and depression. I will be stopping this medicine immediately and returning to my previous birth control pills, which I had no problems at all with. I do not recommend this to anyone trying to lessen cramps or period length, it's not worth it."

Skeet (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on Taytulla in order for my menstrual cycle to shorten and mainly for my cramps to get better. My cramps got so bad, to the point I had to miss school every cycle for the first 2-3 days. My cycles would also last 8-10 days. The first two months I was on Taytulla, my cramps got even worse, but my cycle was only 5 days. For me, it just wasn’t worth it. I would also have terrible mood swings and depression. I hope others will have a better experience with the brand and not suffer like I did."

Anonymous June 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I have taken Taytulla for more than 6 months and it was all fine. No side effects, until I decided to delay starting a pack so I wouldn't get my period on vacation. Instead of 4 "sugar pills" I decided to wait 2 more days after. And it was the worse decision I've ever made. BAD nausea, BAD heartburn. I can't sleep at night, I can't eat without getting grossed out. I am quitting this pill soon."

Moon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2018

For Birth Control "This is my first time being on birth control and I must admit I can't wait to get off of it. The first month on it was horrible I felt like vomiting the 2-3 weeks on the pills. I was spotting light in the beginning and then it got very heavy with a bad, bad cramping which lasted 18 days .I thought this pill would reduce cramping but instead it gave me a horrible cramping. Also this pill turned me into a different person. The mood swings is kicking me very bad. Now that I'm in two months on this pills it gotten worst. I've had bleeding again like the first month and bad cramping it lasted 2 weeks and it is horrible. Now that I am finishing the 2nd pack of this pill I've gotten very sick and my appetite went down .It made me bruised easily and very emotional. I'm only on it for 3 months and I can't wait to get off of it ,and after that I am no longer taking birth control after all that. The only good thing this Taytulla pills did to me was no gain weight and it made my face very clear, no acne."

unknown June 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking this medicine for not even a full 2 weeks and I’ve experienced terrible issues. This is my first birth control I have ever been on and if I could give this product a 0 rating I would. I’ve experienced extreme nausea, I’ve even threw up a few times, bad headaches, mood swings, etc. as soon as I stopped taking the medicine I threw up that night. It is now the next morning and I feel better than when I was on it. Would not recommend to anyone!!!"

Paypay2005 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I went on Taytulla after having my son in December . This pill gave me ocular migraines and vestibular migraines where I had numbness in my jaw, fingers, toes and legs ! Now this pill has left me with vestibular issues and I'm dizzy 24/7 I’m currently in physical therapy to retrain my brain to work right and to deal with the dizziness!! I never thought I would be disabled from taking birth control for 6 weeks out of my whole life. I can’t even enjoy my 7 month old bc I feel like I’m rocking on a boat all day! Don’t take this pill!"

... (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Taytulla for 3 weeks and as I started the 4th week I started to have period symptoms. I had a horrible headache, back pain, moodiness, and fever with chills that have never happened to me before at that degree. My pre period headaches had that same feeling of pain but not the intensity so I said screw it! I stopped taking it as I was having that headache, back ache, stomach ache, and the hot flashes. Thought I was going to die actually. But now it is 3 days I've stopped taking it and my body is slowly but surely recovering from this endeavor. But just because Taytulla didn't work for me doesn't mean it wont work for you :)"

awkwardturtle June 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 19 and was on Taytulla for about 6 months. I’ve already switched pills 3 times and decided to wait this one out and see if the side effects would get better, and they didn’t. The weight gain wasn’t horrible but my mood swings were ruining relationships with those around me. The number one reason why I hated this pill was the amount of acne it caused. I’ve always had a few zits here and there and some cystic on my chin. I broke out on my cheeks and forehead and the scars are irreversible now. I didn’t want to leave my house without makeup on. Don’t recommend this to ANYONE"

Horrible!! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 26, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on Taytulla for two months now. Noticed a few side effects, mainly nausea, but that wasn't unbearable because I had nausea before I started taking the pill. First month on the pill I was spotting for about two weeks straight, then I when it came time to take the iron pills, the flow sped up just a little. When I took the first pink pill after the iron pills, the bleeding stopped completely. Really happy with the results so far."

Amazed (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m on this as a light hormone therapy. Take it 3 months straight then a break for a period. Had a little bloating and spotting as my body adjusted, but that was way easier to deal with than long, monstrous periods. My moodiness is about the same."

Waiting for Menopause (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I went from being on Trisprintec to Taytulla after switching gynecologists. The taytulla is more suited for me because I suffer from diagnosed anxiety. The taytulla balances my mood where I feel completely normal. Like directly in the middle so I can feel my own happiness and sadness. The taytulla has been causing some bloating but I don't really mind. It seems to be fulfilling its original purpose (to control birth) so that's good too. If you're hormonal I would ask a doctor to put you on taytulla. Be aware, it's very expensive out of pocket (like $200 where I am) so keep that in mind. "

L (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

For Birth Control "So, I started Taytulla and at first I was skeptical. I was so scared from the reviews but I have to say (Even tho I've been on for a little over a week) that this pill has so far been pretty good. I do have some stomach pain at certain times that is a little weird but I can handle that. I do not really have nausea and my anxiety has actually been better, I also sleep better. However I must say, and this is no way a bad thing, my sex drive has been through the roof. But I have also noticed that I have been hungrier. Food tastes even better than usual but I can control myself with that. I have a little bit of a headache sometimes but not very often and they aren't bad headaches either. So far I really like this birth control! I would definitely recommend!"

Yilna (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I started Taytulla on the first day of my period back in February on the 8th, no side effects my period lasted the normal 6 maybe 7 days. 2.5 weeks later I get my period again on February 27th and that last up until March 9th, my first light period happened on April 2nd for 3 days did not even need a pad or tampon same with this month it started May 1st last 3 days extremely light. That is what I liked my period got lighter, hardly any cramps. But now I'm at the point where I'm going to stop taking it because my breast hurt so bad from it and I'm an emotional wreck. The nurse practitioner at my obgyn practice said Taytulla with help with random crying for no reason, so has not. I talked to my actual obgyn she suggested I switch pills until I get my fallopian tubes removed in July, but I am thinking just stopping all together the pills due to breast hurting so bad and at one point I thought I was pregnant again last month because I felt so nausea, but I wasn't."

Eleina May 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I have only been taking Taytulla for two and a half weeks. I have been dignaosed with anxiety/depression, I was diagnosed about three years ago. My anxiety overall has not been worse but I have been feeling overwhelming depressed and wanting to cry. My main concern with Taytulla is that I am extremely bloated. I am lactose intolerant and gluten free, so I already have stomach issues. I feel that this has enhanced the bloating and last all day which makes it very uncomfortable. The OBGYN that prescribed this medication and said “she loves this product.” So, she may have other clients that have done great on it and I am not that person."

Amy (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

For Birth Control "My doctor suggested Taytulla to me when I told her that my mood swings were terrible on the birth control I was on. She switched me to this and so far so good! The Good: My mood has improved drastically, I hardly have cramps anymore, my periods are light and short. The Bad: Acne has magically appeared, but it isn't too bad (I've never had bad acne). I was nauseous and dizzy for the first month, but that has since gone away. I'm constantly craving sweet things which is a pain (but who knows, maybe thats just me). So far this is my favorite birth control that I've been on!"

Kate (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2018

For Birth Control "If you have any preexisting signs of depression/anxiety I would not recommend taking Taytulla, or even giving it a chance. It helped my painful period symptoms, when I do get my period it is very light for only about 2 or 3 days. After taking it for a few months I noticed I was severely depressed, my relationship was going bad, and I felt like a monster, not myself. Only after speaking to a family member who has had problems birth control also did I realize it was from this medication. I have decided to stop taking it immediately. I do not feel in control of my emotions or myself. I’ve become irritable, mean, and my outlook on life has become very low to the point. None of these symptoms and feelings were apparent until I had started taking this medication. I do not recommend, the awful side effect can in no way make up for the short light periods."

N/A May 20, 2018