User Reviews for Taytulla

Birth Control
4.7

Summary of Taytulla reviews 4.7 219 reviews

Reviews for Taytulla

For Birth Control "I kept switching BC pills because I always had negative side effects like constant bleeding, weight gain, acne, mood swings, etc. I’ve been taking Taytulla for almost a year now and it’s great. I have monthly periods that only last 2-3 days and are VERY light. The only side effects for me are tender, larger breasts (which I don’t mind) and a slight hormone belly."

ajluna405 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I am currently almost through my second pack of Taytulla. The first pack was a nightmare. I bled heavily for more than half of the month. The cramping was awful and I became extremely depressed. I was told to stay on the pill another month until my hormone's balanced out. While the bleeding stopped, my mood is very low and my anxiety is very high. I also have gained 4 1/2 pounds. My breasts are extremely tender and I have developed nightly migraines. This will be my last pack of these pills."

Mkat (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched from the Depo shot to Taytulla because I had been bleeding everyday since I started it the depo. 4 days into starting Taytulla I stopped bleeding! My periods are now very regular and I have not had any side effects other than tender breasts. No cramps, no mood swings, anxiety/depression etc. Many people said that they gained weight on this pill but my weight has not changed at all. I’ve only been on this pill for 3 months so if anything changes I’ll give an update! Overall this birth control is doing everything right."

Rose13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Taytulla for about 2 months before I started to experience INSANE vaginal pains. Pains that felt like a UTI. I was 18 and felt like I had a UTI every single day. I was in constant pain and my sex drive completely ended due to not wanting to enhance the pain. After about 2 and a half months in I stopped taking it. The pains lessened slightly but were still there. I've gone to countless doctors for these pains and I've had multiple different diagnoses. After consulting a urologist, she determined my digestive organs aren't working together. This is an effect of Taytulla that I live with every day. Now I have to take Flomax and a laxative every day just to have normal functioning organs and no pain. After doing my research I believe its because of such high dosages. Taytulla has completely ruined my body to the point where I can't function without pills. These side effects are still around after almost a year, and will be around likely for the rest of my life."

pain (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2018

For Birth Control "DON'T TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL!! I started taking Taytulla about one month ago. About a week in, all the symptoms and side effects started to show up. I was extremely nauseous, my depression and anxiety went through the roof and made me feel absolutely terrible. I was having crying episodes and felt anxious about life and relationships. I also have been bleeding for 8+ days with really bad abdominal cramps. I just recently stopped taking it yesterday. My anxiety and depression are still present, my gyno said it could take a month for my hormones to regulate. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE."

Lauren (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2018

For Birth Control "TAKE CAUTION. My 18-year-old daughter was prescribed Taytulla three weeks ago. She checked herself into a psych ward today. She never had signs of depression. I am convinced it is this drug. She won't be taking the medication tonight; we will see how she feels tomorrow. This drug has been on the market for less than 2 years. Never again. Report side effects to the FDA: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/index.cfm?action=reporting.home"

annie1968 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

For Birth Control "STAY AWAY!!! SAVE YOURSELF. After taking this BC I began to experience depression & anxiety, then I began to bleed for 10 + days. This then caused me to stress even more because bleeding for a month isn’t enjoyable so my mood decreased even more. Due to this BC I’ve had to be prescribed anxiety & depression meds & was referred to a counsellor. I’d honestly rather be pregnant than deal with constant bleeding & mental health issues."

Gigi (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

For Birth Control "At first this was great, but I would have some breakfast through bleeding, fast forward to a year later and I've had 3 periods in a month, I get very emotional and I am constantly cramping and I never did before I started this pill. I would not recommend."

Bb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Although Taytulla worked in preventing pregnancy, I've been miserable the past two months. Starting with nausea and sharp pains in my stomach, exhaustion, and no appetite, to wanting to eat everything in sight. Then, missing my period for the second round of pills and feeling a false sense of pregnancy so took two tests, both negative. I don't recommend this pill to anyone with anxiety or depression. Feelings of sickness heightened both."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Reading so many BC reviews I was terrified of starting it. From the mood swings/gain weight/horrible cramps. I'm already a temperamental person so I did not need something to elevate that. So far, I have been on Taytulla for 1 month and the first 2 weeks were great. No nausea, no headaches, NOTHING. Week 3, I had NO desire to have sex. Taytulla was certainly doing its job! I don't know if it was the stress of work/school, or I no longer wanted to be with that person, or if I didn't find them attractive anymore, or if it was just the pill overall. I did not experience any anxiousness/depression. Everything is back to normal right now. In regards to cost, apparently my insurance didn't cover it, BUT my doctor did give me a sample and with that sample came a little savings card, registered online and got 3 months for $25. I had an activation code but you can go to their website and it gives you the same information to sign up. So far I'm a happy camper with this pill."

Erica November 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I literally hate this birth control. It gave me horrible stomach bloating and made my sex drive completely shut off. The absolute worst thing was that I kept getting yeast infections. I had 15 infections in a time span of 1 year. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong w me so finally stopped taking this BC and I haven't had one since. Avoid this BC at all costs."

Kim (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the worse birth control I have ever used. I used Taytulla for 5 months. At first, my skin cleared up my periods were light, and my hormones were under control. Then I had migraines, constant headaches nauseous and my hormones changed. I had really dark thoughts, depression and anxiety and severe mood swings. Sex drive went way down. Then really painful sex. I did research on Taytulla and saw similar experiences. After 5 months of taking it I stopped and my symptoms improved days after stopping. Except painful sex. I went to my ob/gyn and was diagnosed with lichen sclerosis This is an autoimmune disease that can be triggered later in life and can be triggered by high levels of hormones. There is no cure and only treatments that can be used to help reduce the pain while having sex. DO NOT USE Taytulla. Get your partner to use condoms. Women shouldn’t deal with this. My husband now where’s condoms, and I will never use birth control ever again in my life."

Unhappy Lady November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm 26 years old and have been on birth control pills since I was 16. I have never had children and weigh 115 lbs. I had always taken a low hormone pill previously and had no notable side effects on or off the pill. For the past 4 months I've been on Taytulla and its a nightmare. My PMS symptoms are out of control. I cry all the time now, especially a week or 2 before my period, I will have multiple full-scale, sobbing episodes. This is not normal for me at all. My nipples are so sore they can't be touched almost all month. I spot in between my periods now. I have bled heavily (almost like my period starting) after pretty mild and well-lubricated sex. I realized this month that Taytulla is a really high dose of estrogen/estradiol (1mg) and my old birth control had 0.035 mg!! That is a HUGE difference in estrogen. Also it costs $170 per month without insurance! I'm getting off it next week when my cycle ends. Good riddance."

Marie October 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Taytulla for about 10 months, and I've been enjoying it! The main thing that I've noticed is gradual weight loss, not complaining at all. Overall I've been positive and much more confident in myself. A negative is if I am late taking the pill, I will get major cramps, but that might be an every pill thing. Another thing is my mood does change, not often, but I notice it on occasion. It has not affected my work and stress level while I'm in school, but my libido has been low. This is my first time taking birth control, so I'm not sure what is related to the pill and what isn't, but for it being my first time, I'd say I lucked out compared to a lot of the reviews"

Katie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Went on Taytulla to help with very heavy bleeding. I’ve stopping my 3rd packet of Taytulla today. I looked so big in the pictures from one of my best friend’s weddings. Very depressing after torturing myself with wedding prep... All my life, I’ve enjoyed working out, but since starting Taytulla, I haven’t. While Taytulla cleared up my mild acne & made my period light, IT IS NOT WORTH IT for me to continue on this. Light bleeding for 1/2 the month, constantly feeling hungry, limiting diet to veggies to try to unsuccessfully fit into clothes, depression, no longer enjoying lifelong activities = LIVING IN A HIDEOUS STATE OF MIND... Taytulla was not right for me. Everyone’s different..."

Lilly Lacett (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking birth control about a year ago and got prescribed Sprintec. I had no symptoms other than a 6-7 day period when they were 3-4 days before starting the pill. I told my OBGYN this after taking Sprintec for 10 months and she thought it would be best to try another pill, that’s when she prescribed Taytulla. I would 100% not recommend this birth control to anyone. I have been on Taytulla for 4 months now and every month I will start bleeding a week after taking my placebo pills and continue to bleed until I reach the next set of placebo pills. For the last 3 months, I have had 3 week periods and then 1 week off. I have also noticed extreme weight gain in these four months and am constantly bloated along with daily headaches. I am switching back to Sprintec and NEVER taking Taytulla again."

never again (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Update: I previously wrote a review for Taytulla that I thought was befitting at the time. So fast forward, I’m 6 months in and I swear I’m starting to have nausea, vomiting, headaches, mood swings, NO SEX DRIVE whatsoever, and I’ve gained 17 pounds. Now the funny thing about the weight gain is that I follow a strict diet, work out at 4 times a week, and walk on average 12 miles a day on my job. I constantly feel bloated and I’m not doing anything different than I was when I first started them. My doctor said it’s water weight and retention, but carrying around the extra weight is making me feel bad physically, as well as being a mental challenge when I feel like I’m working out and watching what I eat is all in vain. Just know that these symptoms can hit you at any time."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using taytulla for just over 6 months. It is by far the best experience I have had so far using birthday control. Other birth control left me with a wide range of emotions and random crying, I consulted my obgyn and she recommended taytulla, which has a lower estrogen level. I feel like a happier person, and my emotions are much more stable! The only side effect I have experienced was weight gain, I live a very active lifestyle and gained about 7lbs."

Paige (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Love it! Best BC I've ever been on in the past decade. It works perfectly for my body. My moods are better than ever, my period is light, water weight gain subsiding after a few months, and was easy to get on, unlike some higher estrogen pills that have given me bad side effects ie. headache, intense breast tenderness, mood swings the first 3 months - this didn't happen with Taytulla. It was the easiest transition I've ever had. I love it! I have PCOS, so I'm thinking it may be helpful for those suffering from this. I would definitely recommend this BC despite what some reviews say, I've had the opposite experience. I feel much more even with my moods throughout the month and days, unlike usual with or with out birthcontrol."

kc (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control worked amazingly well, until about 6 months in. I experienced a substantial worsening of my anxiety symptoms at about that time. Since doctors always say that anxiety side effects will peak at the beginning and then go away, it took me months to realize that the birth control might be causing it. And what do you know, one month off of this drug and I am feeling way better, almost back to normal. I can actually talk to strangers without wanting to launch myself into the sun. Just be careful if you take this drug, the side effects can come later."

Dani (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2018

For Birth Control "After having a copper IUD for four years, I went on Taytulla after my doctor recommended I get my IUD removed. I didn't experience any noteworthy side effects. I didn't gain weight, experience acne, or have mood swings. The first month I spotted some when my period was supposed to come, but after the first month my period completely stopped. I was worried at first that I might be pregnant, I even took a few pregnancy tests, but they were always negative. I still get some cramping and other PMS symptoms when on the placebo pills, but I don't bleed. I would consider this a benefit to Taytulla. The only reason I'm switching brands is that I got new insurance, and Taytulla is $50 a month, so I'm trying a lower cost option. If that one doesn't work out, I will definitely switch back to Taytulla."

em92 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I've just started my third month of this pill, and it has been a complete disaster. This is also my first time taking birth control. A couple weeks ago I thought about trying something different since it has been making me cry about every little stress in life and has also made me anxious about everything. I'm in my first semester of college and this pill has not made it easier. I am currently dealing with some relationship problems, but I would never typically feel this depressed about anything. I'm so much happier than this. The only good thing I've experienced with this pill is the barely there period. This pill is destroying my happiness and ruining me as a person. Due to all of the anxiety and depression, I haven't been eating as much as I should, so I've lost weight. I would not recommend this pill to anyone."

anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "Severe weight gain other than that it's pretty good. I gained almost 15 pounds in 2 months any 1 else have this problem"

Lane (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill was nightmarish. My doctor recommended it to me, and it made me a crazy person. Panic attacks daily, self harm, depression, dark thoughts. I’ve never been like that, and I haven’t been like that since I got off. It seems like other people had similar experiences. Onto the next pill, I suppose."

Ellie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Taytulla for about 8 months now and let me tell you. It’s been a roller coaster ride. My original birthcontrol I was on I never had any side effects or anything wrong except from gaining a little bit of weight. The doctor switched my birth control to Taytulla and it’s literally been the worse thing ever! I am a very happy person and this pill made me extremely depressed and also my anxiety went skyrocket and thru the roof! I thought I was like this cause I went thru a breakup after 4 years but no! After reading the reviews it all makes sense. I am definitely stopping the pill and do NOT recommend Taytulla to anyone!"

Jay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2018