User Reviews for Taytulla

4.7

Summary of Taytulla reviews 4.7 325 reviews

Reviews for Taytulla

Anonymous September 19, 2019

For Birth Control "Everything started off great, and now it’s like boom depression. Bloating. No period which is causing my body to react in all these crazy way. Crying, can’t sleep because my anxiety is so high because of it. Not working for me"

Em · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 17, 2019

For Birth Control "This birth control worked well for controlling my period but my emotional state was in absolute shambles. For 8+ months I had horrible anxiety and would cry about almost everything which I blamed on myself just being an emotional person. After not taking the pills for a few weeks I feel like a whole new person and I am not nearly as emotional or sad all the time. Would not recommend."

Teacher327 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 8, 2019

For Birth Control "First birth control medicine and the worst thing ever. Went on the regulate periods. That was the only issue I ever had. Now after being on it for 7 months here is what’s happening: increased heart rate, headaches, anxiety, and constant breakthrough bleeding for 10+ days a month on top to the actual period I get. Called doctor and they just keep telling me it takes a while for your body to adjust to birth control. That is ridiculous since it has already been 7 months. Hoping to either get new medicine or I will be done with birth control pills for good."

VW · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2019

For Birth Control "I didn't gain weight or have any mood issues while on Taytulla. I took it for 5 months. However, during that time my hair started falling out (lost about 30% of it!) and my nails started splitting. Also, at first I'd have some breakthrough bleeding. Maybe once every couple of weeks. Then it became a daily thing - for like 6 weeks. Finally thought it might be the pills and went to my doctor. Sure enough. Switched to one with a different progesterone and all the problems started to go away within a month (still waiting for my hair to grow back but it stopped falling out!). Also, my insurance didn't cover it and even with the discount card from the drug mfg it was ridiculously expensive."

Kit · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2019

For Birth Control "Taytulla stopped my period from killing me, but made me SEVERELY depressed. Absolute worst I'd ever been."

Karapatterson · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2019

For Birth Control "So the last month and a half I have had anxiety and mood swings through the dang roof. My poor fiancé has been having it so rough. I thought something was seriously wrong with me and I was about to call my family doctor to schedule an appointment (anxiety is normal for me, but not at this level by far). Everything and everyone makes me soooo mad and emotional. I’m not normally a cow! I’m a happy person! Reading these comments and putting two and two together is such a relief because I’m not going crazy! I’m going to talk to my OB very soon. Good luck ladies."

Kayla F. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 22, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking Taytulla in March, the first few months were okay, I noticed a slight change in my behavior but I bounced back from that. It’s now late August and I’ve gained 8 pounds. It doesn’t seem like much but it’s noticeable to me. I used to never gain any weight, I would eat whatever I wanted and be totally fine. I’m eating healthier than ever and if I eat a full 3 meals in a day I will gain 4 lbs by the end of the day, and if I continue that the next day my weight only increases from there. I work out and stay active but nothing helps. The only way to maintain my weight now is by eating way less than I normally would which is obviously not healthy. I’m stopping it in a few days once I finish my sugar pills and hopefully my weight will go back to normal soon. It’s not the same for everyone but Taytulla was not for me, the only upside I experienced was the regular periods which I could do without."

C1678 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 17, 2019

For Birth Control "This birth control is an amazing match for me. I started this pill 4 months ago and was honestly scared - lots of my friends told me about their weight gain, anxiety, and sudden waves of sadness. This pill has had no impact on my emotional state and I personally have lost 16 pounds (with no lifestyle change.) Overall my periods are really light, I’m happy, and protected ! Love this pill."

Yes · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 7, 2019

For Birth Control "This pill has treated me well the past 29 months. First month was rough with my body getting used to it (I bled every day), but after that, there were no issues. Some months, I barely even get a period. I do cramp more on Taytulla, but I never experienced cramps outside of birth control, so I guess my body is just different in that way. They're not horrible cramps though. I am only discontinuing because I don't have insurance anymore, so I'm not spending $200 on a brand name bc pill."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2019

For Birth Control "Taytulla is my first birthcontrol pill that I’ve used. The first day I took it, I became VERY nauseated. The first two weeks were fine, my skin got a little better, not a lot of side effects. But then I started randomly bleeding, and it kept getting heavier and heavier. I have now been heavily bleeding for 5 days straight and there’s no sign that it’s going to stop. The cramps that go along with it have been terrible, and stopped me from being able to keep up with my usually gym routine. This pill also has made me cry nearly everyday this week, and I’m not usually an emotional person like that. This is possibly one of the worst decisions I have made to take it, and if I could give 0 stars I would. Absolutely awful side effects!"

Maddie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2019

For Birth Control "This was my first time on birth control and I had an awful experience my acne came back and I had awful awful mood swings also my migraines got worse when I just fixed them. Another thing I gained 5 pounds in a month from this highly don’t recommend!!"

Nickname · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2019

For Birth Control "This medication has been great. I used to have heavy periods, terrible mood swings, and pre-menstrual cramping. Taytulla has helped me keep the mood swings under control, and has made my periods super light. I haven't noticed any weight gain and my skin is really clear! The first 2 months were rocky. I had an EXTRA heavy period and both months they were the most painful periods ever! It is now the end of month 3 and I can honestly say it's going to be smooth sailing from here on out. I'm so glad I stuck with this birth control!"

K · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2019

For Birth Control "I do not recommend this pill, I am back on Lo Lo Esterin Fe with no issues. Taytulla gave me severe anxiety, panic attacks and depression which I had never had before. It stopped almost immediately after I ceased taking it."

KS July 26, 2019

For Birth Control "When I started taking this medication, my period got crazy heavy to the point I almost passed out. I bled THROUGH a tampon AND thick panties! That period only lasted three days, but then I started another period a week later. I knew this was normal when you start birth control, so I wasn't too worried. I got a period every other week for three months, and it had started affecting my mood during the periods (this wouldn't be bad if it weren't literally every other week). The depression is finally what got to me, and I have switched pills. We shall see what happens next."

Anon July 22, 2019

For Birth Control "If I could rate this a 0 I would. My insurance stopped covering Kaitlib and I was going to have to pay $90/ month. I had wanted to try something similar that my ins would cover. I’ve been on this since Jan and I wish I had never started. I’ve gained 30 lbs since Jan. I retain water like crazy. I’m severely depressed and have no reason to be. I have horrible anxiety to the point of paranoia. I get random pains in my chest and abdomen. Constantly feel like I’m in a fog to the point I can’t focus at work and people are noticing. Have horrible nightmares that I wake up from. And horrible migraines. This medicine has made me a shell of myself the last 7 months and I’ve done all that I could to try to hide it from people but it’s just not working anymore. I’m going to bite the bullet and pay out of pocket for the Kaitlib because I can’t go on like this anymore. On Kaitlib I at least felt normal, would only get occasional headaches, and somehow managed to drop 70 pounds."

Dani · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2019

For Birth Control "I was Lo Loestrin and became dangerously depressed, angry, and began having horrible anxiety. My doc took me off and put me on Taytulla which has been the best pill I've been on. My periods are super light, my skin is clear even right before my period and no weight gain. MOSTLY, I don't feel the rage I was feeling on Lo Lo."

katie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2019

For Birth Control "Taytulla has been super effective for me! I’ve tried dozens of birth controls and this is the first one that’s cleared my acne and given me regular periods! I wouldn’t say I’ve gained any abnormal weight, I’ve only grown in breast size which I’m okay with. But remember that this is a review personal to me, others say it’s the worst bc out there... every body is different and you shouldn’t rely on a website review to determine ur bc."

Slwill · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2019

For Birth Control "HORRIBLE!! My obgyn offered this to help regulate my irregular menstrual cycle- I have had to call off work for how bad my cramps were and how depressed and anxious I have been. I wasn't sure it was the pill till I googled the reviews. Kicking myself for not doing it before. I woke up last night gasping for air and in a sweat panicked and crying. Considered all my pills trashed!!!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2019

For Birth Control "I love this pill the only thing I don’t like is my periods come out of no where but that’s it"

Sw · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 11, 2019

For Birth Control "Absolutely loved this birthcontrol Taytulla. I’m so sad my insurance no longer covers this medication anymore. The first two packs I did have spotting, anxiety and weight gain but after that I was back to normal with a healthier diet. I definitely recommend and I hope I can get back on this one ASAP"

Lily · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 11, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve spent so much money on pregnancy tests because this birth control makes me feel pregnant weight gain boobs getting bigger , nauseous , body cramps , migraines and I have very light bleeding for only a days month it scares me !"

B · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I took Taytulla after I had my first child and it was good for about a month and then I started gaining a whole bunch of weight and I didn't know why. I did not eat much junk and I had a pretty balanced diet, but with all the weight gain my doc prescribed me a diet pill. It worked, but I never lost more then 10lb. Now my husband and I are trying to conceive and have been off the pill for 5 months, but I have not had one period, no spotting nothing. I feel like this pill messed up my ovulation. Idk if that is even possible, but once I got off the pill I did lose some weight, but still no period."

Kb July 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on Taytulla for a few months. It's a good birth control. I get some nausea from this medicine I believe. Sometimes if I'm not expected to smell food it smells really nasty to me. I believe that has to do with the nausea side effect, however it's not extreme. It's been good for preventing pregnancy. I used to have bad acne and heavy periods. My acne has cleared up completely and my periods are very light. One month I'll have a light painless period and the next month I'll have a light painful period it just depends. My flow is always light. I gained some weight, not much but noticeable. I was 115 pounds now I stay around 120. Other than the slight nausea I feel good. I used to be on Junel Fe and I had to switch to Taytulla because I was having 2 periods a month on Junel for over a year. I only have one period a month of Taytulla lasting 4 days and sometimes I skip a month... Its ok if you miss one period."

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2019

For Birth Control "The first two months were okay. Spotted a week before my period everyday but I expected that. Third month was by far the most terrifying experience of my life. I started my period before I got to the placebo and once I got to the placebo I started getting a handful of clotted chunks of blood on top of a heavy flow that was filling up a pad and a tampon every twenty minutes. I called the emergency line to reach my doctor but she was in surgery. The nurse I spoke to told me to go to the emergency room asap. Anyways, I survived month 3 and I'm hoping my body will adjust to it eventually."

z · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2019

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I’ve been on and it is HORRIBLE. Would never recommend to anyone for any reason. My anxiety is at an all time high and my migraines are worse.I’ve also become more depressed by the day. Awful awful mood swings. Totally not worth it. Don’t try it!!"