User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Birth Control 207 reviews 299 medications

5.1
Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 207 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I did not like this drug at all, had to switch over to it when Loestrin discontinued. My skin was the worst its ever been and I gained weight (I'd been on birth control for 8 years before this and never gained). Some months I would have severe hemorrhagic bleeding with clots and other months no period at all. I thought maybe because it was a chewable I wasn't getting the full dose of the drug so I started swallowing it whole but nothing changed. I have been off for 4 months and my periods now last 3 days and I have little to no cramping."

Kmo24 June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I love taking this pill. Set an alarm (or two) on my phone and I almost always can remember to take it. I've tried the Nuva Ring and the shot and both did NOT work well. Nuva ring gave my panic attacks and the shot gave me a nonstop period for three months. This pill was perfect, lighten and shorten my period each month. I've been taking it for a year with no side effects. It's a little costly but it's worth it for me."

Triedalotofbirthcontrols (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this for about 3 months. I've suffered from depression and anxiety since high school but some days it seemed unbearable to the point I've gotten nauseous and it was never that bad. Period lasts about 4 days 2 of this days seemed heavy. Even after my period I experienced cramping still more on one side then the other. I'm debating whether or not to just stop taking it all together. I don't feel like myself and I feel short tempered a lot of days and I hate that feeling. I rather be on nothing at all and just be happier. Skin is not 100% clear but off birth control it does seem to be worse."

Deeains May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I loved this pill! No side effects at all and I've been on it for 2 years. I have to switch because I switched health insurance so it doesn't cover it but I wish I could stay on it! Highly recommend"

Soph123 May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My daughter began using this drug in December of 2013. On January 25, 2014, she died from a blood clot to her lung. She was not overweight, did not smoke, or had any conditions that were supposed to have negative implications re: use of this drug. However, in the prescribing doctors notes the Dr. advised her not to take this drug. This information was never told to my wife by my daughter, and, therefore, in my opinion, was a lie. This drug, I believe, killed my daughter. My daughter died 10 days before her 21st birthday."

kr1993 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking Minastrin for years. I have never experienced any side effects that I'm aware of, my periods are very regular, and my cramps are much lighter."

LC321 April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was in love with this pill bc I didn't have a period however after no period for a year. I have chronic yeast infections. Not happy at all. My insurance cost is 0.00 so I'm torn about the side affect"

Misty d March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Before minastrin my periods were extremely irregular, fairly heavy, and accompanied by cramps strong enough to cause vomiting, acne, breast tenderness, and headaches. Minastrin was a miracle. My periods now only last 2 to 4 days, are extremely light, and they happen at the same time every month and never on weekends. I never gained weight either. The only negatives that I've noticed are the first week of pills I was nauseated every morning but that passed, it causes some mood swings that my parents noticed as well, and my cramps haven't fully gone away but they are much more manageable due to regular period and only last 2 days instead 4. With these negatives though I strongly recommend it."

LovingThisMedicine (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "... only issue is that I became pregnant while taking. Big issue..."

Mkz89 March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Minastrin since December 2014 & it has been amazing. I used to call in sick at the beginning of my periods throughout most of high school. They would last for at least 7 days and were extremely heavy - to the point where I'd use two super tampons an hour for the majority of the week. I'd spend my days in bed, curled up in the fetal position, taking 600-800mg of Ibuprofen with no help. Got on Minastrin and it helped so much. Side effects - I felt sick to my stomach the first week when my body adjusted to the pill and I'm bloated most of the time. But, I haven't had a period since I've started the pill & I've only spotted (so lightly) only once. My mood swings have decreased drastically since being on Minastrin."

yournickname1234 March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this pill a couple months before turning 18, just turned 20, so about 2 years or so. I did notice the weight gain but I quit smoking at the same time so I don't really know what caused it. My periods don't exist anymore. My doctor told me I can skip my placebos and never bleed. I still spot at random times of the year. Usually twice a year and it's very light to where I don't have to wear anything. I have noticed my mood swings getting pretty bad at certain times but overall the pill works great for me! I haven't had any issues yet."

Briana P. February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took this for over 3 yrs (age 17 to almost 21) and wish I'd read reviews and realized what was happening to me sooner. I've always been a nervous person but my anxiety went through the roof on this pill. However, I blamed the anxiety on getting older and maybe the stress of school. In hindsight, it was definitely the pill. I changed from a happy, easygoing person to an emotional monster. I became easily infuriated and even hit my boyfriend out of rage (something I would NEVER normally do). I gained weight, had acne, and became unbelievably moody. Stopping this pill was the best decision and I only wish I'd never started. My advice is to not take this pill, but if you choose to, be aware of how your body is reacting. I wish I had sooner."

sl12 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Minastrin October 2015. I lost weight taking this pill, have had great skin, and I don't really have a period. I am 24 years old and have one child. This pill has been great so far, but after reading other people's experiences with side effects I feel relieved knowing that I'm not the only one that has frequent mood swings the week before I start my placebo pills. I don't take my pill at the same time everyday. Overall this has been a great contraceptive."

Sarah Violet February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Before this I was on the Lo Lo estrine (which I'm back on). This pill was way to strong for me it would cause me to miss a period every other month. Also the side effects were so BAD. I was super emotional the entire month I would be taking it. I also had so much anxiety and I would even wake up anxious frenquently. That never happened so often before. The bleeding was irregular. I also was bloated all the time. I definitely wouldn't recommend this pill."

SColleen24 December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've taken this pill for around 4 years now, and for the most part it has been great for me. I gained almost no weight (maybe just water weight because I do get kind of bloated), my skin has been great and my periods are around 3 days. The only downside to it is the mood swings, which were way worse the first year or two I started the pill."

lizxyzzyx December 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking this for extremely painful cramps and heavy periods. The ONLY positive effect I've experienced is that my periods are regular and last 4 days instead of 7. I still need heavy doses of pain medicine for 2-3 of those days to even tolerate my cramps (which of course wrecks my digestive system.) I'm significantly more moody and emotional. I've gained about 25 pounds on this pill, even though I eat healthier and exercise more than I did before starting it. I suddenly had terrible acne which lasted for the first 6 months and it eventually cleared up again. My sex drive has also been much, much lower. This pill was my only option because it is chewable and I can't swallow pills. If you don't have to take this medicine then don't."

j_e December 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Minastrin was a good call for getting me off of loloestrin. That pill was horrid. I ended up getting periods on time and they were light. Sadly, the past 2 months, my periods are disappearing. I had 2 pregnancy tests done. I take the pill right on time too. I rather have my period as a comfort of knowing I'm not pregnant. I also had an increase of rectal pains. I have endometriosis and this pill is way too expensive too."

Goodbye minastrin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth contraceptive for five months, some may say you should wait several months to fully review but I am currently dealing with cystic acne, that of which I have never ever had before and funny thing is I'm also on an acne medication and it still won't fix anything (been on it for three and a half months). It has not helped my cramps, makes me nauseous and I have developed heavy depression from time to time with no reason to. I'm gonna get off of it as soon as possible but whenever I take the placebo pills is when I get insane acne, gonna have to make sure I use a very strong acne medication when I do get off of it since my hormones are so out of balance "

Vick23 December 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "1/10 does not even begin to describe my awful experience with this pill. I was on this pill for almost a week and had to stop it due to EXTREME mood swings and massive depression and anxiety. I have been on SSRIs for 7 years now and my depression and anxiety are relatively under control. From the minute I started this bc, I started gaining weight, breaking out and having intense mood swings to the point where I thought I needed to go to the hospital. My breaking point with this bc was one night when I went through the cycle of angry/violent thoughts, to intense anxiety, to feeling completely normal. That cycle happened about 5 times in an hour. After this experience I am now terrified to try another birth control method besides condoms."

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I, before starting this, read a lot of negative reviews. My endocrinologist wanted to try this as a way to see if my hair loss, acne, and a few other issues were related to something that this medication would help. I have been on it for a month. In the first week, my skin cleared about 90% and since, my hair has stopped falling out. Some of the extra body hair I was growing has ceased and also disappeared. It does give you headaches, and it does make me cry a lot, which is abnormal for someone who has no emotional outbursts, ever. I have not gained any weight. I lost three pounds. Although it did make me lose a few pounds, it does keep your stomach a bit bloated. I think it is something that you personally would notice. Its good overall."

katmur November 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was put on this pill about a year and a half ago because I had a large ovarian cyst that had ruptured. The main reason I was on it was to prevent any more cyst from happening but I also suffered from intense and painful periods. I noticed I was gaining weight so I started watching what I was eating and how much I was exercising. It didn't seem to help though and I still continue to gain weight despite eating far fewer calories than I should be. Today I went in for my one year appointment and was shocked to find that my weight has gone up another 10 pounds in the past three months. When I spoke to my doctor he said that the reason it was happening was because of my medicine and immediately apologized. Because I ended up gaining 25 pounds in a year he switching me to a different one. However this pill did prevent me from getting other cysts and made my periods much lighter and less painful. Not everyone gains as much weight as I did but I also might have a thyroid problem so I'm not entirely sure how much of it was the pills fault. Overall I'm glad that the pill helped keep me safe as long as it did and I'm not very upset at the overall result."

Cj451997 November 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Worst pill ever. I have never experienced such awful acne as when I was on this pill. I had cysts everywhere and wanted to just cry. I do not ever recommend this to even my worst enemy."

NO WAY November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Stay away from this pill! I have been taking this pill for about six months now. I experienced several side effects including breakthrough bleeding, migraines, bloating, weight gain (5-7 pounds) and horrible mood swings. My boyfriend probably thought I was a psycho because I would always get pissed off at the most random things. I give him all the credit for putting up with it. I am finally switching to a new pill!"

Anonymous November 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Started on Manestein 24 Fe to help balance out my cramping & the heavy bleeding during my periods. Which it did help. A week after I started my next new set I started to have the bad feeling in my upper stomach like I have been doing tons of sit ups non stop. So I thought I probably moved funny or something it'll go away. Well a couple days went along & it got worse. It bwcame more intense & sharpe stabbing pains & it extended into my back as well. I couldn't lay on my sides nor even when I drove in a vehicle any bump nor turn it hurt. I knew it was time to go to the hospital. When they checked me out they said I had a blood clot going to my liver which was cause by birth control. Becareful it might not be for you."

Anonymous October 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 41 years old. I started taking minastrin at age 37 because my periods were lasting almost 10 days. My periods weren't bad (no cramps, heavy bleeding, etc) but most of those 10 days my period was light and I wore a panyliner because a tampon was irritating. But extended use of pantyliner was irritating as well. I was also experiencing strong pms type mood swings as well. Despite my age, my doctor put me on minastrin. I maintain a healthy weight, eat well, non smoker, no other health conditions/concerns, etc. I have not had a period since I started taking it and it is wonderful :). I do get moody/irritable about a week before the placebo pills are taken. But I am aware of this and "check myself" (am I overreacting, etc?). "

danerz615 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2016