User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Minastrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 172 reviews 280 medications

5.1
Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 172 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I first started with Lo Loestrin and had a terrible experience with it the first month or so. I then switched to Minastrin to see if my body can handle it. The first few months were great, no crazy side effects and my period was super light- no cramps and lasted about 4 days at most. About a month and a half ago that's when it got worse. I have a headache every single day.. Constant dizziness and fatigue. I'm a personal trainer so it's my lifestyle to eat right and train almost everyday. I noticed I'm not losing any fat, instead I gained about 3lbs and constantly feel like I'm retaining water. As I type this I have a throbbing headache on the left side of my head. All I want to do is sleep and even if I take Advil my pain does not go away."

Lauren n July 25, 2016

For Birth Control "If you decide to take this drug don't! Unless you want a period longer than a week, migraines, and uncontrollable mood swings. Lots of crying! Did I mention depression? Generess is a better option."

Disgusted x10 July 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for almost a year now (I had never tried any other birth control prior) and I've had no bad side effects. I've never had a problem with weight gain, and I haven't experienced any since I've been on the pill. No unusual mood swings. My skin cleared up dramatically. No terrible cramps anymore and my period has pretty much disappeared! Really wish I would have found this sooner!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this for almost 6months! I have had no issues. I have had other terrible side effects from birth control but not this one! My periods have completely stopped, my face has cleared up! Only during the brown pills (period pills) when I would usually get my period, I get a couple pimples. Sometimes deep cystic pimples and get bloated. But other then that it's amazing. No birth control will be perfect so choose your battles "

Kcut July 10, 2016

For Birth Control "PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE!!! I started on Minastrin 24fe in February of 2016 because my fiance and I were going to be getting married in April 2016. We both were virgins and I had never been on a contraceptive before but we both wanted to wait a while to have kids in our marriage. Well at first things didn't seem too bad. However I started noticing acne breakout and I was surprised at how I waa easy to cry...however I thought it was due to wedding planning and not birth control. However, after a month and a half into our marriage...about month ago, I started developing extreme mood swings, depression, weird thoughts I couldn't seem to cope with, suicidal thoughts, emotional about everything, losing feeling for my husband (who believe me I adore and love so very much), 15 to 17 pound weight gain, panic attacks, depression, anxiety, fatigue, swollennes in my legs and feet, and even one of my big toes started to go numb. I even started thinking the worse things about my husband and losing loss of of feeling for him. I was scared to death! I was usually full of life and happy and carefree and a very energetic and outgoing young woman who loved her husband and her life! I was always active and tried to be health conscious. My husband has been extremely gracious and patient through all of this and believe me you do not want to start your marriage out like this!!! So he and I decided to stop the pill about 2 weeks ago (mid if June 2016). My acne has cleared, my swolleness has gone down and physically I am feeling better each day. My emotional swings are slowly lessening and I haven't had any panic attacks lately. I am still struggling but each day I feel mire myself and getting back to the real me. SO PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE FOR YOUR SAKE AND THE SAKE OF THOSE YOU LOVE AROUND YOU!!! Stay away from this pill! These hormones are synthetic and fake and they aren't natural for our bodies. It may work gor some people but it is not worth the risk of going through what I have to see if it will work for you as well."

Musikluver (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched onto this pill from orthotrycyclen lo. The reason I switched was because ortho was making my acne increase and started making my periods very very painful. Minastrin started off okay for me, If you despise having a period this is for you, This pill was fine until about 6 months in. It started to make me nauseas and moody and SO anxious. At first I was worried I was pregnant and ended up going crazy and taking about 10 tests. I'm switching to another pill, but basically my biggest issue with this pill is the side effects I got at the 5/6 month point. I never had a period after the first pack which also added to my constant anxiety & paranoia. It was brown the first period and then nothing."

Dancer3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2016

For Birth Control "Terrible experience! Before getting married, I decided to go on hormonal birth control. I started taking Minastrin 2 months before our wedding, and lasted for about that 2 months on it. It wreaked havoc on my body and I haven't been the same since. It's been about 1.5 years since then. I had never had cramping with periods or any kind of pms symptoms for that matter, and have always been a very laid back person. As soon as I went on it I became extremely temperamental and felt angry about the slightest things! I also had TERRIBLE periods with clots and cramping. Headaches, loss of appetite, and break outs everywhere. My Doc suggested I try a lower dose, but I was done with HBC. We switched to Fertility Awarness Method and love it!!"

BK (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking Minastrin for over two years now. Acne was never a severe problem for me but I now only break out (usually just a few zits/pimples, nothing major) during the last week of the pack like clockwork. I did gain weight, however the time frame does coincide with my "freshman 15" so I don't think I can blame it entirely on this medication. It does make me a bit moody, but predictably so. This is the only birth control I've ever tried, and honestly I only have chosen it since it's completely covered by my insurance. It works well enough (I haven't gotten pregnant) but I am thinking about switching to an IUD since I am worried about drug interference and the risk of blood clotting."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this bc for 4 months. I've experienced weight gain, nausea, and bloating but my cycles are light and only lasts 2 - 4 days."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 20 years old, and I was prescribed minastrin after being diagnosed with PCOS. I can say I am definitely very happy with it! It made my periods very light and over time they eventually stopped (sometimes they occur for about 5 hours on the last day of the placebo pill). I have been on this pill for about 2 years now, and have not experienced any acne, weight gain, or nausea like other people have. Sometimes I get very moody before my period, but it is not extreme. The only thing I noticed for a period of time was constant yeast infections, which was pretty miserable. But after getting through that I am perfectly fine on this pill (and haven't gotten pregnant, so that's a plus too)"

Runner509 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Minastrin for 7 months now. I was prescribed this specific OCP bc I have PCOS. This medication has helped decrease my cramps, acne, and mood swings. I would recommend this birth control to anyone. I work in an OBGYN clinic, so I get samples. Not sure how much it would cost if I had to get the prescription filled."

Kia011187 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking Minastrin 24 Fe for 3 years now and I have no more cramps or period ever! My period stopped completely for a year now! Before I used to suffer from horrible cramps and heavy period but now I feel amazing every month! I totally recommend and wish I had found it when I was a teenager!"

Roseintouch May 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I was only on Minastrin a total of two months after switching from Beyaz (I only switched because my body was no longer reacting well to the Beyaz after having taken it for 8 years - I had increasing breakthrough bleeding). With Minastrin I have been getting regular migraines and had headaches every day. I gained 7lbs in the first month even though I'm active and eat very healthy. I've never had problems with my skin breaking out and since I've started taking this medication, I've had constant breakouts all over my face. I normally have no stomach issues but this also gave me random stomachaches. Everyone reacts differently to medications but this one was certainly not right for me. My doctor has me trying Sprintec now (fingers crossed)."

MH7982 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Birth Control "perfect!!! in the first pack, my skin cleared up and there was no weight gain, and I had the lightest period of my life!!! four days, and very light. second pack was a little rough on my skin and I had gained five pounds, but by the third pack my skin was crystal clear again and I had lost the weight I had gained. still very light periods, and definitely not pregnant. I wish I could go back to this, but it stopped being covered by my insurance three packs in. if this is covered by your insurance, I hope this works for you because I would give anything to go back to this one."

Emily I May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "While it was effective, I hated the side effects and am discontinuing after less than one month. It made me feel hungry and I started to break out. I was having sleep issues and bleeding in between periods. I'm currently on my cycle and I'm miserable. My period has been heavy for four days and I have cramps. This is unusual for me. Not worth it!"

CMBO April 29, 2016

For Birth Control "My Experience were constant weight gain migraines very bad abdominal pain mood swings and heavy periods and bad cramps. i do not recommended this for anyone and would give 0 stars if i could."

BriiJ98 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2016

For Birth Control "Everyone's body is different. I've have nothing but the best experience with his particular BC pill. I was on loestrine and was sad to find out it was discontinued. Happy to know that the name was the only thing that change (and the fact that it is now a chewable tablet) . Anyways , i love it !! My period become light within the first month. I did have horrible headaches for the first few weeks. I've been taking these for 6 years !!!! I stopped for about a 2 months and my period went back to being super heavy. I love the effects it has on my cycle, light and short only about 2-3days. I didn't experience mood swings or weight gain/loss. I regret not finding these sooner like when I was in highe school and experience painful cramping."

Sonia408 April 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I went on Minastrin to help regulate my periods which were coming every two weeks or so, and ever since I've been on this pill, all I've done is bleed! Now I'm constantly having my period..... Hope I don't bleed to death! Fml"

Mel K April 5, 2016

For Birth Control "When I first started taking this pill it worked great! The first few months my period was lighter, only 2-3 days of non heavy bleeding. I also lost 25lbs. Then around the 4th month I started getting break through bleeding that last for days and heavier periods, after reading these other comments now I know what has been causing the mood swings. The only positive is the weight loss."

Lnwgem76 March 24, 2016

For Birth Control "Honestly I love this birth control so much. I've been on it for almost 3 years and I've never had any problems. I feel it has actually helped me to not gain weight, though I am naturally thin to begin with. No mood swings, no weight gain, no weird side effects for me. My hair seems to grow faster, like from my scalp... but no weird body hair growth (as I had on a progesterone-only pill I once tried out. yikes.) No acne. No problems. The only thing I would say is weird to most but really great IMO is that I haven't had a period on this stuff. I bleed lightly for 1 day once a year. I frequently have unprotected sex with my longterm committed partner and we've never had a problem. 10/10 would recommend."

D Harvz March 24, 2016

For Birth Control "Ok, I went on it obviously to prevent pregnancy but also to help with my painful periods. Pack one, I had breakthrough bleeding about two weeks after my normal period (pre BC) with no withdrawal bleed. I had extreme headaches, nausea, and anxiety. Pack two, same side effects but had a normal withdrawal bleed. Pack three, the side effects went away and my withdrawal bleed was less than normal. Super easy to care for. Pack four, my withdrawal bleed was abnormal. It lasted the entire four days of brown pulls but it itself was brown and not red. Pack five's withdrawal bleed started out brown and ended like a normal period. Color and all. My anxiety was so bad about pack five that I took two pregnancy tests just to rule out the weirdness."

Caiti1117 March 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this pill whatsoever. I went on it and the only pro was a four day period, basically no period at all, just brown, also barely any cramps. But when it comes to cons the list is huge- I've stayed a steady weight my whole life after taking this pill my weight has sky rocketed, sever bipolar mood swings, acne all the time, and anxiety all the time. I was going to deal with it but after a year I decided I just can't do it anymore. I am just going to deal with my period by itself."

College student77 March 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I started college when I took these. But I've noticed weight gain. I thought it was the freshman 15 but its not... Also theres been a HUGE decrease in sex drive. Stopping these pills now... Oh and also... I NEVER get acne.. all of a sudden I'm breaking out in places I've never even got pimples. Lastly, I'm pretty sure my body is reacting to the medication because I've never had a yeast infection... but for some strange reason I've been experiencing discomfort. Read about this before you decide to take it."

CBAM March 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Started Minastrin 15 days ago.... Hemorrhaging now.... If I could have give 0 stars I would have. This pill should be illegal because it's killing me, and others have experienced the same thing."

Nevertakingthisagain (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

For Birth Control "So, I had been experiencing irregular and painful periods due to low body fat and my lifestyle (I am an avid runner). My doctor said I was suffering from Amenorrhea. So he placed me on Minastrin. Literally within a week and 5 days of taking the medicine, I broke out in severe hives on my legs and arms which were red and itchy. I called my doctor and told him and he suggested that I take benadryl for the allergic reaction. The benadryl did not help. I also was experiencing mood changes where I would either be down in the dumps or angry at the world. I was then instructed to stop taking it and begin a new one. One day after not taking the medicine, I started bleeding heavily and having severe cramps. 1st time I ever had BC."

lpresto (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016