User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Minastrin 24 Fe.

Birth Control 194 reviews 293 medications

Summary of Minastrin 24 Fe reviews 194 reviews 5.0

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "Before this I was on the Lo Lo estrine (which I'm back on). This pill was way to strong for me it would cause me to miss a period every other month. Also the side effects were so BAD. I was super emotional the entire month I would be taking it. I also had so much anxiety and I would even wake up anxious frenquently. That never happened so often before. The bleeding was irregular. I also was bloated all the time. I definitely wouldn't recommend this pill."

SColleen24 December 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've taken this pill for around 4 years now, and for the most part it has been great for me. I gained almost no weight (maybe just water weight because I do get kind of bloated), my skin has been great and my periods are around 3 days. The only downside to it is the mood swings, which were way worse the first year or two I started the pill."

lizxyzzyx December 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this for extremely painful cramps and heavy periods. The ONLY positive effect I've experienced is that my periods are regular and last 4 days instead of 7. I still need heavy doses of pain medicine for 2-3 of those days to even tolerate my cramps (which of course wrecks my digestive system.) I'm significantly more moody and emotional. I've gained about 25 pounds on this pill, even though I eat healthier and exercise more than I did before starting it. I suddenly had terrible acne which lasted for the first 6 months and it eventually cleared up again. My sex drive has also been much, much lower. This pill was my only option because it is chewable and I can't swallow pills. If you don't have to take this medicine then don't."

j_e December 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Minastrin was a good call for getting me off of loloestrin. That pill was horrid. I ended up getting periods on time and they were light. Sadly, the past 2 months, my periods are disappearing. I had 2 pregnancy tests done. I take the pill right on time too. I rather have my period as a comfort of knowing I'm not pregnant. I also had an increase of rectal pains. I have endometriosis and this pill is way too expensive too."

Goodbye minastrin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth contraceptive for five months, some may say you should wait several months to fully review but I am currently dealing with cystic acne, that of which I have never ever had before and funny thing is I'm also on an acne medication and it still won't fix anything (been on it for three and a half months). It has not helped my cramps, makes me nauseous and I have developed heavy depression from time to time with no reason to. I'm gonna get off of it as soon as possible but whenever I take the placebo pills is when I get insane acne, gonna have to make sure I use a very strong acne medication when I do get off of it since my hormones are so out of balance "

Vick23 December 1, 2016

For Birth Control "1/10 does not even begin to describe my awful experience with this pill. I was on this pill for almost a week and had to stop it due to EXTREME mood swings and massive depression and anxiety. I have been on SSRIs for 7 years now and my depression and anxiety are relatively under control. From the minute I started this bc, I started gaining weight, breaking out and having intense mood swings to the point where I thought I needed to go to the hospital. My breaking point with this bc was one night when I went through the cycle of angry/violent thoughts, to intense anxiety, to feeling completely normal. That cycle happened about 5 times in an hour. After this experience I am now terrified to try another birth control method besides condoms."

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii November 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I, before starting this, read a lot of negative reviews. My endocrinologist wanted to try this as a way to see if my hair loss, acne, and a few other issues were related to something that this medication would help. I have been on it for a month. In the first week, my skin cleared about 90% and since, my hair has stopped falling out. Some of the extra body hair I was growing has ceased and also disappeared. It does give you headaches, and it does make me cry a lot, which is abnormal for someone who has no emotional outbursts, ever. I have not gained any weight. I lost three pounds. Although it did make me lose a few pounds, it does keep your stomach a bit bloated. I think it is something that you personally would notice. Its good overall."

katmur November 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on this pill about a year and a half ago because I had a large ovarian cyst that had ruptured. The main reason I was on it was to prevent any more cyst from happening but I also suffered from intense and painful periods. I noticed I was gaining weight so I started watching what I was eating and how much I was exercising. It didn't seem to help though and I still continue to gain weight despite eating far fewer calories than I should be. Today I went in for my one year appointment and was shocked to find that my weight has gone up another 10 pounds in the past three months. When I spoke to my doctor he said that the reason it was happening was because of my medicine and immediately apologized. Because I ended up gaining 25 pounds in a year he switching me to a different one. However this pill did prevent me from getting other cysts and made my periods much lighter and less painful. Not everyone gains as much weight as I did but I also might have a thyroid problem so I'm not entirely sure how much of it was the pills fault. Overall I'm glad that the pill helped keep me safe as long as it did and I'm not very upset at the overall result."

Cj451997 November 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Worst pill ever. I have never experienced such awful acne as when I was on this pill. I had cysts everywhere and wanted to just cry. I do not ever recommend this to even my worst enemy."

NO WAY November 7, 2016

For Birth Control "Stay away from this pill! I have been taking this pill for about six months now. I experienced several side effects including breakthrough bleeding, migraines, bloating, weight gain (5-7 pounds) and horrible mood swings. My boyfriend probably thought I was a psycho because I would always get pissed off at the most random things. I give him all the credit for putting up with it. I am finally switching to a new pill!"

Anonymous November 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Started on Manestein 24 Fe to help balance out my cramping & the heavy bleeding during my periods. Which it did help. A week after I started my next new set I started to have the bad feeling in my upper stomach like I have been doing tons of sit ups non stop. So I thought I probably moved funny or something it'll go away. Well a couple days went along & it got worse. It bwcame more intense & sharpe stabbing pains & it extended into my back as well. I couldn't lay on my sides nor even when I drove in a vehicle any bump nor turn it hurt. I knew it was time to go to the hospital. When they checked me out they said I had a blood clot going to my liver which was cause by birth control. Becareful it might not be for you."

Anonymous October 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 41 years old. I started taking minastrin at age 37 because my periods were lasting almost 10 days. My periods weren't bad (no cramps, heavy bleeding, etc) but most of those 10 days my period was light and I wore a panyliner because a tampon was irritating. But extended use of pantyliner was irritating as well. I was also experiencing strong pms type mood swings as well. Despite my age, my doctor put me on minastrin. I maintain a healthy weight, eat well, non smoker, no other health conditions/concerns, etc. I have not had a period since I started taking it and it is wonderful :). I do get moody/irritable about a week before the placebo pills are taken. But I am aware of this and "check myself" (am I overreacting, etc?). "

danerz615 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my 4th pack and I'm not loving it. I'm gaining weight, constant burning sensation on my right side, losing hair like crazy, no sex drive, and am now a hyperchondriac. I got on it because I was bleeding very heavy after 3 kids 2 weeks straight. I have to say, the plus side is, I do have my period between 2-4 days and is light. Is anyone experiencing what I'm going through?"

Katie1977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 18 years old and of course birth control is always a plus for anyone who is sexually active especially teenagers. I always use condoms no matter what so I'm usually protected. I was put on this pill in March of 2016 and I was a Sunday starter. Usually when I get my period I get heavy bleeding, severe cramps, nausea,I throw up, dizziness,back pains, every symptom in the book, I get it at the worst level so I tried this pill it's stopped the puking and nausea, I still get very tired but the cramps aren't as bad as they were. BUT my mood swings are horrible all the time, And I find myself bleeding heavily at random times of the month all the time...wouldn't recommend"

Mintycat101 September 28, 2016

For Birth Control "Minastrin has been great for me, I have had not side effects whatsoever. I agree with what others say, however, about periods disappearing. It was great when I was not sexually active but now that I am - it makes me nervous."

LKS30 September 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on many different forms of birth control and this has been the best. I'm 33 years of age and I've been on this a little over a year. At first I had experienced a heavy period on and off the first year but starting January 2016 it became lighter and lighter to now I dont have one. Ive taken the depo shot as well as other birth control pills and this tops them all. I have very bad acne but since on this birth control little to no breakouts at all. I love it!!!!!!"

Ms. OFFICER August 25, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill is a nightmare. I got switched to it because they were out of my usual (Generess FE) and BOY WAS THAT A MISTAKE. I went psycho. Seriously, this pill made my blood boil 24/7. I was so pissed off at everything ALL the time!!! I even got in a wreck (1st one ever) and completely totaled my car. Needless to say, my fiancé flushed the rest of them down the toilet. Do not take this pill. Generess FE is the only BCP that has every worked for me, and it is absolutely wonderful."

Emj1234567891011 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this for almost two years now. Remind you I'm 18 now but I hate this birth control! Everyone's body is different but has anyone else had abdominal pain?!!! My boyfriend and I can barely get through sex because I have such bad pain! It's not even cramping which is what scares me. What also scares me is that my period are completely gone. GONE! It may seem like a pro for some but when I miss 3 months and only get my period for 2 days and it's light and looks as if I am spotting... That worries me. I even took a pregnancy test. Multiple actually just to check. I would not recommend. I haven't had problems with skin or weight gain. Actually I have lost weight. But the abdominal pain and cramping. Not worth it."

Calicat99 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've never had weight gain like this in my entire life, 10-12 pounds in just a month. On top of that I didn't get my period at all, which would be a plus for some people, but it just freaked me out and I needed up taking a bunch of tests because I've never been able to skip my period before. Crazy mood swings, lots of crying, don't recommend at all."

Rachelbbbb August 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I've never been on any form of birth control before, and my doctor recommended minastrin 24 fe as a starting basis. I was a Sunday starter (which I found helpful, I always never know which day of the week it is), and for the first three days it was fine. But then, my period lasted for two weeks (tmi part: ultra heavy, and I'm usually a regular tampon kind of person), I got HORRIBLE mood swings, I felt depressed, and just always so angry. I had the worst cramps, and I usually don't get cramps during my periods. I don't recommend this brand, but that's my personal experience and ice read other similar comments."

na97 August 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I used to take Lowestrin 24 Fe 8 years ago. I have been taking Minstarin for 3 months now and Doc switched me to Nuvaring. Pros: No period. No babies. Cons: Severe Depression, Mood Swings, Paranoia, 25lb gain, Sleep insomnia I went to the therapist to figure out what was wrong with me and I saw a specialist and they have narrowed it to the Birth Control. Minastrin may not be right for everyone."

MaggieM00 August 3, 2016

For Birth Control "The medication did it's job - I definitely had shorter, lighter periods. But, toward month 4/5, they actually started to disappear. Some may see this as a pro, but I personally had anxiety by it. There was no real effect on my skin good or bad, and I had some lower body weight gain (hips/butt/thighs), but pretty minimal. My gripe with this med is the effect it had an my mood. I had some weepiness when first starting, but dismissed it. Similar to other reviews, around month 5, I became easily anxious at everything, & while I'd noticed a lack of energy thru out my use, I was starting to feel depressed. I suspected it might be the cause & quit - it's crazy how much more energy I have and more myself I feel now."

Nickname Here July 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I first started with Lo Loestrin and had a terrible experience with it the first month or so. I then switched to Minastrin to see if my body can handle it. The first few months were great, no crazy side effects and my period was super light- no cramps and lasted about 4 days at most. About a month and a half ago that's when it got worse. I have a headache every single day.. Constant dizziness and fatigue. I'm a personal trainer so it's my lifestyle to eat right and train almost everyday. I noticed I'm not losing any fat, instead I gained about 3lbs and constantly feel like I'm retaining water. As I type this I have a throbbing headache on the left side of my head. All I want to do is sleep and even if I take Advil my pain does not go away."

Lauren n July 25, 2016

For Birth Control "If you decide to take this drug don't! Unless you want a period longer than a week, migraines, and uncontrollable mood swings. Lots of crying! Did I mention depression? Generess is a better option."

Disgusted x10 July 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for almost a year now (I had never tried any other birth control prior) and I've had no bad side effects. I've never had a problem with weight gain, and I haven't experienced any since I've been on the pill. No unusual mood swings. My skin cleared up dramatically. No terrible cramps anymore and my period has pretty much disappeared! Really wish I would have found this sooner!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2016