User Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe to treat Birth Control

Minastrin 24 Fe Rating Summary

5.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Minastrin 24 Fe

tee hee · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 13, 2019

“At first, this pill made me very nauseous and I want to say that's the only negative side effect that I've experienced. It has helped my hormonal acne tremendously, I have struggled with acne my whole life and although it hasn't cleared it up all the way, I definitely saw a lot less of it. Seeing other reviews, I'm relieved that I'm not the only one that has very light or no period while on this birth control. (I'm not complaining, but it's a little scary when you're sexually active!)”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 9, 2019

“Absolutely horrible experience on this pill. I was previously on Loestrin and switched due to insurance purposes. This gave me HORRIBLE anxiety (no sleep, heart palpitations, shooting chest pain and numbing arm sensations). To the point I went and got an EKG due to concern - the anxiety symptoms significantly subsided once I was off the pill. Would not recommend”

KM · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2019

“I have been on many different birth control pills (Linessa, Diane-35, Yasmin, Lolo, Orthocyclen, Alesse, Seasonale, Trinessa) and this pill was by far the worst. I have endometriosis and this made my pelvic pain UNBEARABLE. I also have a litany of mood disorders and this made me feel blunt and emotionless one moment, and then extremely depressed, and then insanely angry the next moment. I've never had a birth control create such violent changes in me, and I've been on various BC pills for upwards of ten years. I felt like myself the day after I stopped taking it. That being said - BC works differently for everyone.”

Kylee · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 30, 2019

“Great pill - Minastrin 24 Fe it is the first one EVER to work for me. I had tried probably 15 others and always had break thru bleeding every day or throwing up. So I was so thrilled to start this one! Sadly my insurance doesn’t cover it and so I was paying out of pocket. I had a great price for awhile then that coupon expired and it cost me close to $200. A generic by Allergen became available for $100. But now I can’t afford it. So I am on nothing. With no birth control pill I have terrible periods that last a long time and horrible cramping. On Minastrin I had no pain, minimal bleeding and was very happy. I laugh at the review that says on it a week and gained weight... whatever! ”

Birdy94 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2019

“I took minastrin for about a month and had EXTREMELY BAD side effects. I had horrible mood swings, I was anxious and most of all, super depressed. I’d go from okay to crazy in what felt like seconds. It was awful! It also made my breasts swell up about a full cup size.”

Myminastrinworkss · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 20, 2018

“I love minastrin fe 24. It cleared a lot of my acne and lighten my periods. Gained no weight from this (I'm pretty active with working out though). I'm 21 now and started taking around 19. I had a horrible reaction to the shot with constant periods and the Nuva ring gave me intense panic attacks. So glad I switched to this!”

Rosseee08 February 7, 2018

“I love this birth control! I use it to prevent my break through periods and help maintain them. It does everything I want. I don't feel any different taking it versus not and really helps slow down the strength of my periods. I am really annoyed my insurance does not want to cover it anymore! They wanted to raise it to $150/pack! So if your insurance covers this, then I would recommend.”

NauseousMommy · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 13, 2018

“This drug made me so nauseous for over a year! My quality of life suffered greatly as did my family’s and our wallet. Hundreds of dollars wasted at a GI specialist trying to determine what was making me so sick, 3 days after stopping minastrin I started feeling so much better.”

Jane27 October 15, 2017

“I first tried Lo loestrin Fe and it made me feel crazy. I switched to a triphasic birth controls and tried trinessa and tri-sprintec but had an even worse experience. I was unbelievably nauseous when I first started and threw up several times. Every first week of each month I was dizzy and felt like I was in a fog and the rest of the weeks I was so nauseous that I couldn't eat, go to the gym, or do anything. I switched to minastrin and it was such a life saver. I didn't experience any nausea at all, I never felt dizzy, and I felt very emotionally stable. The only downside of this birth control is that I bled for 2 weeks if I took the pill 30 min late & I started getting ridiculously hungry after a few months and was gaining weight”

maddddie September 27, 2017

“I started this birth control in January 2016. I am now 18. I have had a steady boyfriend through this time so I figured this would be the best choice- especially since i can't swallow pills. All I can say is it was not bad for the first 8 months (short periods, weight loss) but somewhere around my 9th month taking it, I started to experience terrible anxiety, depression, loss of my sense of self, and really darkt houghts. My cycle also began to alternate. I would receive a period one month, then then the next month, it would be gone. (which caused paranoia over pregnancy... not fun). There was not a day my boobs weren't sore and my cramps and back pain were awful. Do seriously, don't take this pill if you have a history with anxiety or depression!”

Kmo24 June 29, 2017

“I did not like this drug at all, had to switch over to it when Loestrin discontinued. My skin was the worst its ever been and I gained weight (I'd been on birth control for 8 years before this and never gained). Some months I would have severe hemorrhagic bleeding with clots and other months no period at all. I thought maybe because it was a chewable I wasn't getting the full dose of the drug so I started swallowing it whole but nothing changed. I have been off for 4 months and my periods now last 3 days and I have little to no cramping.”

Triedalotofbirthcontrols · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 23, 2017

“I love taking this pill. Set an alarm (or two) on my phone and I almost always can remember to take it. I've tried the Nuva Ring and the shot and both did NOT work well. Nuva ring gave my panic attacks and the shot gave me a nonstop period for three months. This pill was perfect, lighten and shorten my period each month. I've been taking it for a year with no side effects. It's a little costly but it's worth it for me.”

Deeains May 20, 2017

“I've been on this for about 3 months. I've suffered from depression and anxiety since high school but some days it seemed unbearable to the point I've gotten nauseous and it was never that bad. Period lasts about 4 days 2 of this days seemed heavy. Even after my period I experienced cramping still more on one side then the other. I'm debating whether or not to just stop taking it all together. I don't feel like myself and I feel short tempered a lot of days and I hate that feeling. I rather be on nothing at all and just be happier. Skin is not 100% clear but off birth control it does seem to be worse.”

Soph123 May 8, 2017

“I loved this pill! No side effects at all and I've been on it for 2 years. I have to switch because I switched health insurance so it doesn't cover it but I wish I could stay on it! Highly recommend”

kr1993 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2017

“My daughter began using this drug in December of 2013. On January 25, 2014, she died from a blood clot to her lung. She was not overweight, did not smoke, or had any conditions that were supposed to have negative implications re: use of this drug. However, in the prescribing doctors notes the Dr. advised her not to take this drug. This information was never told to my wife by my daughter, and, therefore, in my opinion, was a lie. This drug, I believe, killed my daughter. My daughter died 10 days before her 21st birthday.”

LC321 April 26, 2017

“I've been taking Minastrin for years. I have never experienced any side effects that I'm aware of, my periods are very regular, and my cramps are much lighter.”

Misty d March 27, 2017

“I was in love with this pill bc I didn't have a period however after no period for a year. I have chronic yeast infections. Not happy at all. My insurance cost is 0.00 so I'm torn about the side affect”

LovingThisMedicine · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 23, 2017

“Before minastrin my periods were extremely irregular, fairly heavy, and accompanied by cramps strong enough to cause vomiting, acne, breast tenderness, and headaches. Minastrin was a miracle. My periods now only last 2 to 4 days, are extremely light, and they happen at the same time every month and never on weekends. I never gained weight either. The only negatives that I've noticed are the first week of pills I was nauseated every morning but that passed, it causes some mood swings that my parents noticed as well, and my cramps haven't fully gone away but they are much more manageable due to regular period and only last 2 days instead 4. With these negatives though I strongly recommend it.”

Mkz89 March 18, 2017

“... only issue is that I became pregnant while taking. Big issue...”

yournickname1234 March 11, 2017

“I've been on Minastrin since December 2014 & it has been amazing. I used to call in sick at the beginning of my periods throughout most of high school. They would last for at least 7 days and were extremely heavy - to the point where I'd use two super tampons an hour for the majority of the week. I'd spend my days in bed, curled up in the fetal position, taking 600-800mg of Ibuprofen with no help. Got on Minastrin and it helped so much. Side effects - I felt sick to my stomach the first week when my body adjusted to the pill and I'm bloated most of the time. But, I haven't had a period since I've started the pill & I've only spotted (so lightly) only once. My mood swings have decreased drastically since being on Minastrin.”

Briana P. February 26, 2017

“I started this pill a couple months before turning 18, just turned 20, so about 2 years or so. I did notice the weight gain but I quit smoking at the same time so I don't really know what caused it. My periods don't exist anymore. My doctor told me I can skip my placebos and never bleed. I still spot at random times of the year. Usually twice a year and it's very light to where I don't have to wear anything. I have noticed my mood swings getting pretty bad at certain times but overall the pill works great for me! I haven't had any issues yet.”

sl12 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 21, 2017

“I took this for over 3 yrs (age 17 to almost 21) and wish I'd read reviews and realized what was happening to me sooner. I've always been a nervous person but my anxiety went through the roof on this pill. However, I blamed the anxiety on getting older and maybe the stress of school. In hindsight, it was definitely the pill. I changed from a happy, easygoing person to an emotional monster. I became easily infuriated and even hit my boyfriend out of rage (something I would NEVER normally do). I gained weight, had acne, and became unbelievably moody. Stopping this pill was the best decision and I only wish I'd never started. My advice is to not take this pill, but if you choose to, be aware of how your body is reacting. I wish I had sooner.”

Sarah Violet February 4, 2017

“I started taking Minastrin October 2015. I lost weight taking this pill, have had great skin, and I don't really have a period. I am 24 years old and have one child. This pill has been great so far, but after reading other people's experiences with side effects I feel relieved knowing that I'm not the only one that has frequent mood swings the week before I start my placebo pills. I don't take my pill at the same time everyday. Overall this has been a great contraceptive.”

SColleen24 December 28, 2016

“Before this I was on the Lo Lo estrine (which I'm back on). This pill was way to strong for me it would cause me to miss a period every other month. Also the side effects were so BAD. I was super emotional the entire month I would be taking it. I also had so much anxiety and I would even wake up anxious frenquently. That never happened so often before. The bleeding was irregular. I also was bloated all the time. I definitely wouldn't recommend this pill.”

lizxyzzyx December 19, 2016

“I've taken this pill for around 4 years now, and for the most part it has been great for me. I gained almost no weight (maybe just water weight because I do get kind of bloated), my skin has been great and my periods are around 3 days. The only downside to it is the mood swings, which were way worse the first year or two I started the pill.”