User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 10 reviews 160 medications

Acne 15 reviews 524 medications

4.3
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 404 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for three years before me and my hubby decided to have a baby! I loved it though it was given to me for severe cramping and heavy periods and and never felt sick on it and it lowered my period to 3 days and low periods! It was amazing sometimes my period wouldn't even come because I was skipping the brown ones and going straight to a new pack my cramping was gone and if I ever did get it was very mild better than how I used to get them! I love this birth control!"

Cc2016 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2016

For Birth Control "Okay I haven't been on this pill very long, but my doctor prescribed it to me for heavy bleeding and intense cramps. He told me to skip the brown pills and start a new pack instead. Doing that I wasn't supposed to have a period at all. Well that isn't the case at all. The last two days have been pure hell with cramps. (worse than before) And I'm bleeding heavier than usual ( I didn't think it was possible). Not to mention the migranes are unreal."

WickedKristen9 September 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 8 months. I've always been overweight but I've significantly changed my lifestyle, going to the gym consistently for the first time ever, yet I'm gaining weight. Ugh. Other side effects: anxiety, panic attacks, mood swings, weird, vivid, and often sexual dreams, I sleep so much (10 hrs/night), loss of sex drive. Headaches and disturbed sleep which were extremely rare for me before. Also my blood pressure was 140/89 the other day and I've never had high blood pressure! I was compelled to read reviews after that and I see some people had the same issue. This is the first pill I've been on so I thought "maybe this isn't so bad" but now, writing out all of my side effects, I'm seriously considering stopping this pill."

dannygirl417 September 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this pill due to heavy and painful periods, and I wish I could say it helped. Before the pill, my period only lasted 7 days, since starting, it has come every two weeks, sometimes not stopping for the entire month. I'm on my fourth pill pack now and nothing is regular and the longest I've gone without bleeding is two weeks. Definitely stopping. It did clear up my skin though!"

Archeonerd (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2016

For Birth Control "Other than the fact that I'm not pregnant, this medication was awful. One day after I started it, I developed small EXTREMELY itchy bumps all over my chest. Day two, those bumps turned in to hives and spread to my legs. The 3 bar rating is because I am not pregnant, but the side effects have been so awful, sleep is bad, clothes are unbearable and its been a truly awful medication."

Jane563 August 30, 2016

For Birth Control "The headaches alone made me quit taking this pill. I have been on it 5 months and never in my life have I suffered from such severe and frequent headaches as I have these past 5 months. I've been unable to work 2-3 days out of the week because of this. Not to mention it took 3 months for my periods to become regular. I was starting a new cycle every 2 days. Gave it 2 stars because you have to atleast give one star and the other is because I'm not pregnant."

Moody Judy August 29, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "This has done absolutely nothing. I was put on Junel Fe and that did wonders for me: clearing up acne, helping with weakness and cramps. However my local pharmacy switched me to this. I never ever write bad reviews but I feel so strongly about this I have to. My cramps are equally as painful as before going on the pill, my acne has flared, my mood has worsened, and I've had horrific headaches. Totally the worst thing in the world. Now I'm sitting in an 18 hour long car ride with some of the worst cramps I've ever had. No point in taking the medicine for period symptoms of it does absolutely nothing."

Emmy637 August 19, 2016

For Birth Control "By reading the reviews I was shocked by all of the negative comments & terrible side effects. I've been on this pill for two months & I am loving it. I was on ortho tricyclen before and that was terrible. I got off of it due to how bad my mood swings were. Ever since I've been on this pill I haven't had any weight gain, my face is clear (every once in a while I'll get pimples on my face & breast) but I think that is because I live a very active lifestyle. My moods have been the same. The only difference that I experienced was my sex drive, it seemed to have decreased a bit but nothing major."

Anonymous August 17, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control is okay. It was my first experience with taking the pill. The first month I had really bad nausea, but then it just went away. It also caused me to get frequent migraines. I've always been a migraine sufferer but there were more days with migraines than there were without. It helped a lot with my acne, it went from breaking out everyday to maybe once or twice every two weeks or so. It helped with the length and heaviness of my period and cramps weren't nearly as bad as they had once been. Unfortunately, I started getting two periods a month so my doctor changed my prescription."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Was prescribed this form of birth control for the horrendous period cramps I've struggled with since first starting my periods back when I was 11, always has been a major issue, no solutions were able to be found regardless of all the 'natural' means I had tried. Very effective in eliminating cramps and lessening the flow, am not left only to lay in bed in agony, often forget that I'm having my period now. No real side effects besides muscle cramps at times and very sore breasts off & on, along with mood swings, but it has been very worth it, wish I had gotten on these pills sooner, quality of life is much better. Highly recommend trying them, it has been life changing."

Anonymous August 16, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Well I had my baby on June 17 and I want to get on birth control pills so I ask my on/gym for some so she prescribe me some pills so after my postpartum was up I was taking the pills for 12 white pills and it seem like every time I take it I be sick headache back pain feeling hot stomach pain and burning sensation in my side and back but I been feeling sick every since I'm going to stop taking this medication I already have two beautiful girl Santeria and Mariah and I don't want anymore just going to go to the doctor for a full check up cause my cycle is crazy one day I bleed a little then it turn Brown blood then it turn back red going to get check soon as possible it starting to worry me"

kita1992 August 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Switched to this from Lo Loestrin FE due to insurance only covering generics. There's no generic form of Lo Loestrin FE, so I was given what I was told would be the most similar pill. Unfortunately it didn't work out. I've gained weight, feel bloated often, started getting acne again at age 32, feel tired/moody/depressed with less interest in sex...but the worst is the headaches. They start at random times with no apparent trigger and can last as long as 48 hours. They do not respond to any over the counter medications. They can be very severe and often make it impossible to work, sleep, and enjoy life. I had no side effects with Lo Loestrin FE, except positive ones like lighter periods, so I think I'll be switching back despite the cost."

ElizabethDB August 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm going to give you the total rundown of this pill because I couldn't find one single descriptive review and my anxiety was through the roof when I first started. I am 18 years old with terrible, irregular heavy flow so my doctor prescribed this for me. My mom also wanted me to be safe if I were to try anything with my boyfriend. So, I am 5'2, around 107 pounds and I have been taking this for almost 2 months now. I have not gained any weight nor have I experienced any acne, if anything, I've lost 3 pounds and my skin is glowy (mind you, I am a couch potato). I did, although, experience nausea every day. I started at 6 PM-I would wake up in the middle of the night with low blood pressure. Don't recommend this starting time. Helped flow!"

iMichelle0898 August 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Horrible !!! I switched from Lo Loestrein Fe to microestregin due to insurance. Going on my third month! Ever since , I've gained 15-20 pounds. I live a very active lifestyle and for The most part I eat super healthy. I've been experiencing horrible headaches along with moods swings and heartburn, besides my gained weight. I DO NOT recommend this bc! I am certainly going back to Lo Loestrin Fe. Screw this bc"

Lupe Guzman August 12, 2016

For Acne "This pill has destroyed my skin. I had acne that had final,y gone to the wayside for he last 6 years that came back with a vengeance after two complete packs of this medicine. I started it for bleeding, which totally stopped, but the cystic acne is all over my jawline and neck and even painful. Worst I've ever ever had. I'll take the bleeding any day. I am a NP and as soon as I discovered the issue I asked my doctor for aldactone and antibiotics to add to my already much increased topicals. Even the heaviest stuff isn't working and I am even considering the dreaded accutane temporarily to dispose of this cystic acne. My dermatologist said she has seen awful acne with this BC. It's going in the trash."

NP Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

For Birth Control "i took this birth control for 7 months straight and my periods continued to get less and less each time and every month they would come 2 weeks early during the white pills, and my period has stil not regulated and on the 7th month i had no period at all!!! lots of cramping and feeling like pregnant but was not. horrible!!! i have not lost any baby weight at all bc of this pill!! do not recommend!!!"

brookiecookie August 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I only took it for a week but it caused horrible headaches that were borderline migraines. They would start about 30-45 minutes after taking the pill and would not go away until I went to sleep. I was naseous and dizzy constantly and I would be very warm and hot. It was also causing heart burn which is something that I've never had before taking this pill. I also had zero interest in sex."

SAHD (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

For Birth Control "This pull is awful. I've been on it for a year now, & my breast have gone from a B-D (not fun having to go buy all new bras) & they basically always have a tender feeling. I've gained about 15-20 pounds. I live a very active lifestyle & eat very well. I could literally starve myself & can't lose the weight I've gained from this pill. As well, the low sex drive is crazy. & don't miss your pill whatever you do. You will start spitting ASAP. I thought I was crazy until I read these post, & I'm so glad I'm not alone. Oh, & I get horrible headaches now due to this pill."

leelee2014 August 8, 2016

For Birth Control "My first time taking birth control my gyno put me on lo loestrin Fe 1/20 and my hormonal acne cleared up, my sex drive was fine, overall great pill. Then I had to switch to microgestin Fe 1/20 because insurance didn't cover lo loestrin Fe 1/20. Ever since I started taking microgestin I have had horrible acne and started off with horrible mood swings and I'm on month four right now and have recently been experiencing some anxiety and nausea I think due to this pill. Going to my gyno tomorrow to switch back to lo loestrin fe 1/20 even if it is more costly. Microgestin Fe is horrible I do not recommend especially if you are prone to having acne which is one of the main reasons I started taking BC."

Sammie s (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill made me so crazy and bi polar I have never expercied in my life! I couldn't even take on month of it I was costantly crying and depressed! I gained over 10 pounds within the last month I will never ever again use this birth control"

Worst Pill Ever (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I got pregnant on this pill at 40! Missed four menstrual cycles in less than a year. Find something else to use."

Wouldntu (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 29, 2016

For Birth Control "My first month on this pill, I've had the most horrible cramps I've had in my life. Hands down. This also made my period WAY heavier. I bled through tampons, and a maxi pad at the same time. Given the fact that I got on this birth control to get rid of my periods, this was crazy. I know it will take up to 3 months for my body to get used to these hormones, but this experience overall has just been horrible."

TashaKs July 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I used to take loliestrin 24 and it was great! But my insurance doesnt cover it. On Loloestrin I Lost weight, no mood swings and no periods. This however is the opposite. Its been 2 month i'm super bloated, always tired and had my period for 2 weeks now. Super annoying. Im not sure if I can wait 3 months. I will try and see if it gets better. So far its sucks"

Rondei July 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I have used Loestrin Fe and Gildess Fe in the past and never had an issue with either. I was on Gildess up until a couple months ago, when my pharmacy switched me to Microgestin Fe 1/20 and told me that it was exactly the same as Gildess. The first time I got my period on Microgestin, my face, neck, back, and crotch broke out in a scaly, red, incredibly itchy rash. I couldn't figure out what had caused this awful rash (that lasted for a week) until a month later, at the same time of month, the rash returned. I'm going to see my gyn and getting a new prescription because my experience with Microgestin has been awful."

avgbear July 26, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I just started my second pack of microgestin fe 1/20 and I cannot complain! I definitely have the side effect of feeling a little sick, but that is to be expected. My first month of using it I also had started working out and I actually lost 7 or 8 pounds, so I had no problem with my weight. I'm sure it is based upon your body, but if you maintain a healthy lifestyle weight gain should not be a problem. I started taking this due to the unreal pain I was experiencing while I was on my period. This past one was nothing! I had zero pain and it was extremely light and only lasted about 2 days. It was so nice! My only complaint is my stomach hurting during the first few days of pills."

TayloreH July 25, 2016