User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control
5.8

Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 5.8 495 reviews

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I used this prescription for 6 months and I'd say overall it was okay, but more negative than positive. During the first two months, I had very bad acne which I don't usually have a problem with. I was able to control it by taking vitamin B supplements everyday, but some days were worse than others. I do believe that this brand causes weight gain. I had extremely bad fluctuations with weight and gained 10 pounds despite not changing my diet. I was able to lose this 10 pounds in the last couple months by eating less. I switched to a new brand last month and I've noticed I'm actually losing weight being back on my normal diet before taking Microgestin. The only pro was its effectiveness at period cramping. It was practically non-existent and flow was very light. After 3 days of being on the sugar pills, my period usually stopped early."

Call-Me-Baby (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2018

For Birth Control "If you have any history of depression or anxiety, please please avoid this BC. Yes it gave me a light and short flow with no break outs, but is that worth your mental health? Some months on this pill were fine or ok, but after about 9 months I started developing horrible mood swings and eventually severe depression. I know my body very well and there is a definite link between BC and depression."

Blonderoses23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst mistake of my life was starting this birth control. A week into it I started having chest pains and throwing up. I’ve been to the ER twice after thinking I’m having a heart attack. I can’t sleep. I can’t function correctly. Constant fear of panic and anxiety attacks. Hard to breath. I stopped taking the pill yesterday. I took it for 12 days and I hope and pray I return back to myself soon after taking it. This pill doesn’t even deserve one star :("

Kenzy (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had extremely painful heavy periods since the start of my 20's. This pill has gotten rid of my cramps and made my period lighter. It has also cleared up the hormonal acne on my chin and I actually feel less bloated on this pill. The negative side effects I have experienced are spotting, horrible headaches the first few months and breast tenderness. The jury is still out on mood swings and possible hair loss because I struggle with depression / anxiety and have low iron so its hard to tell how much - if any - of that is coming from the birth control. Birth Control is a mine field for us women and what works for one could be horrible for another. I haven't tried any other scripts in fear of trading off for worse side effects. Most of the bad side effects came at times when I was not consistent with taking the pill and I don't want to get an IUD. I would recommend to give it a good three months of accurate consecutive dosage before giving the next one a go."

MaybeEndo September 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I started on this pill about two years ago because I requested my doctor give me a low hormone pill that wouldn't give me crazy side effects. I almost instantly noticed I started to gain weight with it but I couldn't say how much because it's always seeming to fluctuate. I would still get a light 3 day period at the same time each month, which is fine because I didn't want any pregnancy scares. Within the past year I've been experiencing the worst PMS I've ever had, and it was already bad before the pill. I have extreme fatigue and mood swings that are starting to interfere with daily life, my breasts seem to almost always be tender and swollen even after my period, and my skin texture has been fluctuating as well. Recently it seems like I always have several spots on my face when I used to only break out on my period. Hoping to switch to something else soon."

Anonymous September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "When I first became sexually active, I started on Microgestin. The nausea during the first couple months was unbearable and it resulted in losing 10 pounds. After the nausea cleared, I became so violently emotional that I couldn't take it anymore. This pill made my life a nightmare!"

thissux (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched from beyaz to this pill, as my new insurance wouldn't cover beyaz. I immediately had bloating and craved a lot of bad and fatty foods. I am in the fitness industry and my daily healthy foods turned my stomach on this pill. I have been having sleepless nights, visible weight gain, decreased self confidence. I have been on birth control since I was 15 and am now 30 with no kids. I strongly dislike this pill and have considered stopping birth control for the aforementioned reasons and other reasons."

ska3 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking microgestin fe 1/20 for 2 months now. I'm not a fan at all. I noticed in the first few weeks that I was having hot flashes like crazy. Very uncomfortable when you work a fast paced job. I didn't get my period the first month but I did my 2nd month. It will be going on 2 weeks tomorrow that I've been bleeding. I don't have cramps or heavy bleeding but its just annoying having to buy tampons constantly. The blood is a very strange color too. I have such a huge appetite. I been over eating and crave junk food all the time. I'm definitely switiching this. The hot flashes are seriously the worst."

Kristy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I despise this pill. It gave me terrible cystic acne and I still have the scars. It was on my back, face, and neck. It made me super self conscious. I would never recommend this to anyone."

APC3565 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched to Microgestin Fe 1/20 back in September 2017 because I wasn't happy with the one I was currently on at that time. I had been on Microgestin Fe 1/20 before when I was a freshman in college eons ago, but for some reason I stopped. After being on this pill for almost a year I remembered why. THE WEIGHT GAIN! I've gained almost 40 pounds since I started taking this pill, which really didn't help since I was already on the heavy side to begin with. I also felt like my sex drive went down once I started this pill, not really liking that of course. Outside of these 2 issues, I don't have any other complaints. It was REALLY good on my skin. I only get breakouts around my cycle and once that's over, the bumps are gone. It definitely shortened/lightened my menstrual cycle. I never really had severe cramps before bc so they're practically non existent. I do plan to change my pill at the end of this pack, in addition to adding some gym time to my schedule!"

Lisa E August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for a while now. My skin is super clear. I have gained weight. I am 5'8" and weigh 145 lbs. but I work out and live an active lifestyle. I probably gained 15 to 20 lbs. while on this because previously with other birth control I remained a cool 120-125lbs. This was a beneficial thing to me because I have used the weight gain to my advantage and turned it into muscle. Mood swings.. eh, honestly I have no idea if that is from the pill or just from my personality, but I usually don't think my mood switches too often. For whatever reason, I'm not sure if it is my body or just the pill, but I always spot for a solid week either on the 2nd or 3rd week of the pill cycle which I hate and don't understand. Pretty sure it's just me. I feel like I'm hungry ALL THE TIME. I think it's because I workout out though. I would recommend the pill for people who want to have a weight gain."

jwash August 3, 2018

For Birth Control "Let me just start off with saying I never break out, I’ll get the occasional acne around my period that goes away within a couple days. While on this birth control it made me get painful acne on my chin and jaw area. It also made me extremely depressed, anxious, tired and hungry. I was prescribed this particular brand when I communicated to my doctor that birth control made me moody. I’d also like to add that I had painful cramps during. The only pros were that I did not get pregnant and my period was extremely light. With that said I wouldn’t recommend this birth control."

vslsa (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I was only on this birth control for 3 months until I couldn’t take it anymore & made the switch to something else. I’ve always had minor struggles with acne (just like most teens & young adults), but I’ve never experienced the type of acne Microgestin gave me. Huge cystic pimples began to erupt all over my face. I tried to tough it out and see if it would get any better, but by the end of the 3rd month, I had had enough of the sore, cystic acne flare ups. Once I switched birth control brands, this problem went away almost immediately. For this reason, I would not recommend this birth control brand."

Kt (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2018

For Birth Control "Most awful birth control ever. It should be off the market. A week into taking it I felt off... sad, dizzy nauseous and sleepless. 3 weeks into taking I had full blown PMS and got my period. That period started 8 days ago and is still going strong. Simply awful."

Lp July 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I got prescribed & been taking Microgestin FE 1/20 for 5 years. It's the only pill that my body feels comfortable taking. I tried other brands or generic versions but my body has negative reactions. Microgestin has helped a lot with my PMS. My body just blends well with it."

Eliza1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm 5'7 & 120lbs, late 20's Latina & I've been using this birth control for 7 years now & have never had a problem. Switched from Nuvaring to Microgestin 1/20 when I was 21. After about 3 months of use I noticed my cystic acne started clearing up, periods got shorter, then lighter. Now at 28 I get my period about 3-4 times a year, usually very light & lasting 2-3 days. Never had a pregnancy scare either. I used to have heavy 7 day periods but this changed everything for me."

Ida (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I've have been taking this pill for years...I have never had a problem. No mood swings, no pregnancies, no long heavy periods, no nothing. I feel great. I have short light periods. I was surprised to see so many negative reviews. Everyone needs to keep in mind everyone's body is different...and responds to things differently."

AUNT11 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 25, 2018

For Birth Control "Rather than get pregnant than stay on this bc. 1 month of usage and I’ve been on my period for 8 days straight and counting. Horrible cramps, extreme bloating. Would not recommend."

chela July 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 9 months now and it has been great! My previous pill didn't have enough hormones so I had irregular spotting from time to time, which definitely caused stress/confusion because I didn't want pregnancy scares. Now that I'm on Microgestin, I have exact 28-day cycles and my periods are 3 days long. My periods are slightly heavier than when I was on my previous pill. But they keep my skin clear and I love that my cycle is literally the same consistent numbers every month."

Star (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 10, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill makes you very moody, angry, aggressive and negative. It makes you very hungry. Try viorele .15 mg instead. That’s what worked for me way better. Microgestin is not good. It did it’s job but at the cost of my health."

Sara July 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Ive been on microgestin Fe 1/20 for about 2 weeks now, it definitely cleared up my skin. I haven't seen any weight gain. I have noticed random bloating days but I'm assuming its just my body adjusting to the extra hormones. If I don't take it with food I do get a little dizzy but once I eat something I'm fine! I definitely would stress the idea that everyones body reacts differently to these medications and the only way you're going to know how it affects you is if you try it!"

Caitlin (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched to Microgestin FE after my insurance removed the patch from their list of covered medications, which made me sad because Xulane worked really well for me other than having a low libido. This one was not a good fit for me. I've been taking this for almost 3 months to see if the side effects would go away, but they're only getting worse. I've been experiencing insomnia especially during the first two weeks of taking the pill and I also get super itchy on my arms, back, and legs, which is a side effect I've never had with any other birth control. The cystic acne has only gotten worse, and I've just contacted my doctor to switch to something else because this pill makes me feel horrible. My moods are also off the wall and I get upset/easily irritated very often. The very idea of sex annoys me. I am not myself on this pill... I can't wait to swtich!!"

Rachel (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on microgestin for 5 months and took it on time every single day! I ended up getting pregnant while taking it! I have been on a few different birth controls since I was 17 (now 28) and have never had this happen."

BreezyB (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on microgestin for about 5 months and I’m worried the changes I’ve felt in myself are due to this pill. I was on a different birth control for 2 months prior to microgestin and it was terrible I had periods lasting 8 days (normally my periods were 4-5 days) and all 8 days were heavy and painful so I had my BC switched to microgestin. I stopped getting my periods and had zero pain, occasional bloating but nothing too bad. BUT I noticed I was getting frequent migraines, horrible mood swings, I’d cry about the smallest things, I gained 20lbs in 5 months, anxiety, and zero motivation to do anything! I considered myself a very upbeat and generally happy person before taking microgestin I just didn’t realize it until now how bad BC can actually affect you in other ways besides menstrual cycle."

Jocey (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

For Birth Control "The first two months on microgestin FE 1/20 l were fine. It did make me get two periods each month, but they were light. Once I started my third pack, all heck broke loose. Anxiety so bad I couldn’t drive, I felt dizzy, weak, and tired and had a horrible headache for days. My heart rate was through the roof and my eyes felt...weird. I lost 10 pounds in 3 days, probably because I couldn’t stop going to the bathroom and had no appetite. I thought there was something seriously wrong with me until I did a search and found others with similar experiences with this BC. This morning I skipped my dose and I feel fine! Needless to say, I will be switching BC. I expected some side effects but not this. If you have a history of anxiety or panic attacks I would be very cautious with this medication. The only reason I didn’t give it the lowest rating is because it did prevent pregnancy."

BigOlNope May 19, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...