User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 11 reviews 167 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 10 reviews 97 medications

Acne 19 reviews 536 medications

Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 475 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I've tried many birth controls in the past few years and after taking microgestin for about a year now I can definitely say it is one of the better brands I have used. After reading other reviews I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has experienced extremely light periods and dryness during intercourse. For me, my last period didn't even come. While some might see no periods as a dream come true, personally it can really worried me. Despite using the pill consistently, I ended up taking a pregnancy test to put my mind at ease, but going forward I might consider switching again just so I can get that little extra reassurance. However all other side effects on this medication have been very minimal for me!"

A minus (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Missing hair on my hairline , been taking this for a month can't even put my hair in a pony tail without looking bald!!"

Bribri27 April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I really like this birth control cause it's a very low dosage. For everyone who says it makes them feel sick, take it at night! I had the same problem and take it night typically between 830-11pm and I don't feel sick. My skin I have less breakouts. I still get the occasional pimple or two. I haven't had any mood swings, no problems with libido, my emotions feel more balanced and I don't have PMS. I do get bloated for a few days in the middle of the cycle. It's my 5th month on them. And when I do get my period, my cramps are nonexistent. I used to have the curl up in a ball and cry cramps, but they've been non-existent with these pills. There's also a lot less blood loss. Also a regular exerciser and no issues there either."

BB11196 April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on the pill for 5 years. The first 4 years were good - lighter periods, face was clear, not super hormonal for the most part. However, at the end of the 4th year, things started to get bad! I was breaking out like crazy! I have never had cystic acne but sure enough with this pill, I was getting them. And not just one or two, I'd have like 5 on my face all the time. They were mostly on my cheeks and chin. They were big, red and very painful. At first, I wasn't sure if it was the pill causing the acne so I continued taking it. Months later, I stopped and now my face has finally cleared up. I wouldn't recommend this pill to anyone! Stay clear away if you want clear skin!!"

Girlygirl786 April 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for 6 month and I quit a month ago. I quit because of the side effects. I would get bloated a lot, which was a new thing for me. I didn't have acid reflux before the pill. On the pill frequently I would either feel the food coming up in my throat, or a vomiting sensation come up. Additionally I was burping incessantly. I couldn't control my burps at times; they would just happen involuntarily. I sensed that I felt more sensitive to things and my husband confirmed (after getting off the pill) that I was more quick to anger. He also said that I have lost a lot of weight since getting off the pill. It also changed my eating habits."

Emily555 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My gyno switched me from Teva (brand name) to a generic. The generic wreaked HAVOC on my moods. As someone who suffered from bad PMS already I was led to believe this would help. Did quite the opposite. Triggered months long depression and anxiety. I had preexisting problems with both that were exacerbated by this pill. After wasting at least $800 dollars seeing a shrink and going off of the pill I went to see a psychiatrist who put me on Lexapro which has made me feel a million times better. I know everyone reacts differently to different pills, but I would warn someone with a genetic predisposition to depression and anxiety to be VERY careful going on this pill. Doctors don't always care enough to listen before they prescribe medicine."

SRkitty April 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking Microgestin for three months now. It's birth control. Sure, everyone needs to find the right one for them but it really isn't as horrid as everyone is making it... Side effects happen.. you're pumping your body full of hormones. For the first month I didn't break out a tad bit more than usual, my boobs were extremely tender and I was feeling lethargic but around the end of month 2 my face became extra clear, my boob tenderness had subsided and I have my energy back! GIVE YOUR BODY TIME TO BECOME ADJUSTED. . That's it. Do that and you will be A OKAY side effect AND baby free."

Karavt (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for a few months now and I have absolutely no complaints. My insurance covers it 100%, I didn't (and still don't) have any side effects when starting the pill and i'm not pregnant! No weight gain, no nausea, no headaches, nothing."

chloswizzle April 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 4 months now and for the first three months I experienced a lot of nausea. I have not had sex while on it yet so I cannot speak to that, but I have not gained weight from it nor have I gotten more acne than I had before. I do recommend this pill because I have not had any other side effects besides for the nausea. This is also my first birth control. Hope this helps."

Newbie20 March 29, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill almost 8 months and I have to say, I also have mixed reviews. I haven't gotten pregnant, so it has proven effective in that sense. I've also gained weight, experienced the migraines and nausea others have mentioned, now have lighter periods, and get frequent bacterial vaginosis. It is definitely as bad as it sounds. I've also had some trouble with moisture down there during sex. Being that my cycle was irregular before, I wanted something to prevent pregnancy but also allows for a monthly menstrual cycle. This was more than I bargained for. I think I'm going to stop taking the pill and look into other options. "

Considering Other Options (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Don't waste your time reading these reviews. Everyone's experience is highly personal and none of the side effects mentioned have to pertain to you. Relax, don't stress, give your body time to adjust, and you'll be fine. When I first started this pill, I felt foggy and tired for a few weeks until my body adjusted. Now I feel normal again, no weight gain, no sexual problems, and practically no period."

Femin9 March 24, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "It was ok. Made me feel very bloated all the time and just felt heavy. I was put on it to help my acne and it really made it a lot worse. I gained weight and also developed anxiety. I've been on it for about 7 months and I have only had spotting here and there, not my actual period."

Hannah L March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Very disappointed. This is the 3rd birthcontrol I've been on, my last birth control was nexplanon (terrible). I started taking the pill April 2016 I really liked this pill AT FIRST. Until I experienced the dryness. I became very sexually frustrated as well as my boyfriend. I decided to stop taking the pill almost 2 months ago, and I finally feel normal again. Hope to find something better!"

Ktennnnnnn March 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have been on microgestin 1/20 for about 4 months now and it has improved my acne immensely! Before this pill I tried everything to get rid of my acne and spent so much money on different kinds of acne face wash and stuff like that. When I finally decided to take this pill, I was scared because I read all these reviews and none of them were very positive, but for some reason for my skin it has highly improved my acne and for the past 2 weeks I have not gotten a pimple on my face and it is also slowly healing my scars too. The first 2-3 months it is hard to see results and takes a little bit of time to really start getting into your system. Along with clearing up my acne, it has also taken away my very bad cramps from my period."

Brooke b March 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for about a year and a half and for the most part I've really liked it! I gained a little bit of weight but not a huge amount. I was scared to take it because of the bad reviews on here but it's really worked for me!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "been on this pill for almost a month, however I started my period two weeks early but I'll chalk that up to always being irregular and my hormones trying to balance. Don't really have a complaint except night nausea. Literally as soon as the sun goes down I'm sick to my stomach like no other. Gunna just tough it out since my insurance doesn't want to cover anything else. Anyone have ideas about what to do to help with the nausea?"

Anonymous March 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for 2.5 years and am completely satisfied. The first month taking it I had mood swings and nausea, but this is normal! It's the side effects that I feel most birth controls come with. I rate this a 9/10 because this pill has kept me from pregnancy and cleared my breakouts on my back and chest, but not my face. I can hide my chest and back, but not so much my face!! Great contraceptive. I would recommend this to a friend or family member. The "periods" are SUPER light, if anything you probably won't spot during the sugar pill week. There are many negative feedback about this pill, and I wanted to share my good experience with this birth control. Give it a month or so to kick in and it'll be worth it!"

cris8 February 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking this a month ago and my skin has cleared up quite a bit but the downsides are too many. I have had breakthrough bleeding (which was expected so not such an issue) but extreme mood changes within just a few weeks. I feel negative constantly and so unbelievably tired, the worst part of all is the nausea. I am nauseous all the time and am having a really hard time doing normal things like working out. I did not gain any weight and have lost my appetite due to the nausea. I went on this medication to help with migraines and admittedly have had fewer but the other side effects aren't worth it."

madison9099 February 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for almost 4 years. I absolutely love it I've had no problems nor side affects. I started taking this BC because I had severe painful acne all over my face and the my doc decided since I wasn't in any BC this should help clear up my acne and be protected at the same time. Although I didn't want to take it because my husband and I wanted to try for another baby right after I had my son that was 4 years she ago. So In December of 2016 I stopped taking it because now my son is 4 and we want to try for another baby and it sucks as much as I want a baby I wish I can still take it I'm gaining weight. Im getting acne all over again. And well I have not gotten pregnant yet. If I don't get pregnant by July I'll be back"

Jess 87 February 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on mononessa and my doctor switch me to microgestin saying there are less side effects. Worst mistake I ever made. I used mononessa without having one complaint. It's been one week I started microgestin and I'm having chest pain, headaches, feeling nauseous and tired all the time and I can't sleep at nights."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm tempted to leave a crappy rating for this type of birth control since I did experience negative side effects, but it did do it's job of allowing me to continue to beat teen pregnancy so I had to give it a little credit. Honestly, Microgestin Fe 1/20 makes you feel like you're the size of a killer whale at all times. BLOATED as anything. Lost lot of energy... aka walking five minutes away to class was like practically climbing Mt. Everest. Also, if you don't take your pill with food, you'll feel about ready to vomit for the rest of the day/night. Gained a whopping 6 pounds in one month while taking this bad boy. Not blaming my weight on the pill itself, but the intense hunger pangs it caused me to have without me even fully realizing."

Anonymous February 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Microgestin FE 1/20 after finding out my insurance didn't cover Loloestrin Fe 1/20. Thought I'd give it a try since my provider said it's similar to loloestrin, however it has a higher dose of estrogen, and she suggested that no other BC will have lower estrogen than loloestrin. Paying for it out of pocket would be about $120 a month. I was on Microgestin for 2 weeks. I know that's not long enough but it was long enough for me! My breasts were way sensitive and tender to the point that laying on my side felt uncomfortable and the reason why I decided to stop it all together was because sex was painful! My vagina was so dry that although I wanted to have sex, my parts weren't working with me! LOL."

desertdry1 February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am 42 years old just started taking Microgestin FE 1/20 for nine days before developing shortness of breath and inability to sleep. Called my Doctor's office to inform and was told to stop taking the pill. Hoping I will have better luck with a different brand."

Saltlife2014 (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This birth control works fine. I have no complaints about it. However the company just changed their packaging to a larger size which does not fit discreetly into my pocket or makeup pouch as easily. I will find a medication to replace it for this reason or upgrade to an IUD. It seems like packaging would not be such a big deal but I feel the update was not necessary and I am a very private person."

Dani089 February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Save yourself and DO NOT take this. I've been on BC since I was 15 and have never had this many problems. I've literally been on this pill for one WEEK and every single night I've had the most insane and vivid dreams. Last night I woke up in a full blown panic attack, racing heart, beading sweats. I've never had issues with anxiety and or panic attacks up until I've started taking this pill. In addition to the terrible sleep, every day I get a new GIANT boil/cyst pimple. I've always had very clear and non-oily skin up until now. These are not normal pimples with heads but huge, painful, and hard ones. I wouldn't wish these symptoms on my worst enemy. I am taking these and flushing them down the toilet. I'd rather be knocked up! its that bad"

26 FL (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017