User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Birth Control 433 reviews 300 medications

5.9
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 433 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I tried this birth control for a week and I have been breaking out severely. I have mild nausea and headaches but other than that no side effects. I want to switch to a birth control that will help to acne but am not sure if I can switch mid cycle."

Anonymous September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "NO. no no no. I was on birth control for 6 years with no problem until my gyno switched it on me and the new one gave me cystic acne. I then decided to try the IUD and hated it. Then I decided to give this a go cause I wasn't getting my period. I gained 12 lbs, at lest 5 from bloating, 5 from feeling hungry all the time. I'm so tired, can't get out of bed, feel sad all the time, no motivation, can barely shower without wanting to sit down, can't bare to look in the mirror or do my makeup. I'm 20 years old and was completely happy 2 months ago. if you are sensitive to weight gain or pills don't take this pill. I stopped it 2 days ago and hope I can lose the weight quickly."

nutrition14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Every woman is different I understand. IMO and five months on this pill it has more cons then pros for my body. Main being vomiting every day while taking it, nausea, gas, mood swings and anxiety that feels so much like panic attacks. I gain so much weight, which I don't mind. But the vomiting is getting out of hand that I puked so hard I bled a bit. Taking this kinda makes me personally paranoid in taking any birth control..."

Anise7en August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this for a little over a month. The first pack was a little rough. Spotting, night time nausea, some bloating, breast tenderness, I felt tired, more anxiety than usual and just blah. I never had a breakout tho, and my skin is prone to hormonal zits. However as the month went by I got better and now starting my second pack I have had zero side effects. Hopefully it stays that way. I'm satisfied with it so far :)"

Kayyy886743 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Ive been taking this for a month now. I'm 18 years old. I take it the same time everyday but I've missed it once and now I'm bleeding :/ lightly. I feel sick everyday and my face has only had a few zits. Too early to tell if I'll continue taking it but it does what its suppose to. My periods use to be heavy and last 4-5 days with bad cramps. I took my first pill on my second day and my period stopped completely. Had cramps but not bad. Recommend it :)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking Microgestin for almost 4 years and I have an appointment at my OB tomorrow to get it switched. My menstrual cycle has always been off. Therefore, I was put on Microgestin in hopes for proper regulation with a lower dose. In the beginning, I didn't notice many side effects. Now, four years later, I can't get off this fast enough. I gained a lot of weight, I'm constantly negative, moody, and my emotions are all over the place. I've never had problems with vision before, now I'm wearing glasses and my vision is slowly getting worse. My anxiety levels are through the roof and I have such a loss in sex drive. It has been terrible and I'm really hoping that I find a new birth control that works for me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had switched to Microgestin from Lutera for the menstrual suppression option (which I can't do on Lutera). Within the first week my chin started breaking out and after two months it was left covered in pimples and scars. I switched back to Lutera a few weeks ago and my skin has completely recovered. Really frustrating because I had no other side effects on Microgestin but the breakouts were just awful. I should note that I have never had acne or suffered from prolonged breakouts."

sd54 August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking Microgestin for 10 years and have experienced minimal side effects. The positives: My periods are much lighter, shorter, and I have less cramping. My skin cleared up dramatically, I would get cystic acne and this pill in combination with tretinoin from my dermatologist has drastically improved my skin. I have experienced no weight gain. The down side is my libido has decreased recently (only after being on the pill for many years); I'll be switching pills temporarily to see if there is a difference. I did stop taking this pill for about 6 months and I immediately gained weight and my acne returned. If it works for you, it's a great lo dose option!"

anonymous annie July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Microgestin Fe for about 4 months. I got on it because I was getting the depo every 3 months and I stopped shedding my lining completely. So my Dr put me on this. It has its pros and cons. My biggest problem is how sore and tender my breasts get. Lately I've experienced nausea normally at night. My periods come with very heavy cramping. All though it has protected me from pregnancy which is an upside. This pill just is not for me."

purdeu July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for 2 1/2 weeks and quit. I felt normal the first 2 weeks but once I started the third week my mood completely changed. I argued with my boyfriend for 3 days in a row over little things, and I knew it was the pill. Also, I've been eating so much more the past two weeks and I'm so scared to weigh myself because I know I've gained weight (also because of the pill). Lastly, I have very very clear skin; I breakout once a month, if that. However, my last week on the pill I broke out terribly. I have a painful zit on my left side of my forehead, 2 small pimples on the right side, and 2 small pimples on my left cheek. I never get pimples on my cheeks!!! This pill is horrible!!!"

sth (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Most people that are complaining that they got acne using it are most most likely in their first/second month of using it. I'm almost at my fifth month of taking Microgestin and I rarely break out now. I've definitely been noticing that my skin looks better. Also, I have been weighing myself and have not gained weight from it. My advice is, just keep on taking it because most symptoms (mainly the acne part) gets worse before it gets better."

Takes a while to work (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Yes everyone's body is different but while taking the Microgestrin pill I had a lighter period which was a plus but I also felt really nausea at times, tender boobs, bloating, weight gain, and a very low sex drive which was the main reason I stopped taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 23 years old and overall healthy. The first six months I didn't notice any differences in my cycle, health, or personality. However, after the six months I noticed chest pain, palpitations, numbness in my extremities that would come and go. I would go to the doctors to get it checked out and my labs and EKG all came back normal. Shortly after these problems occurred I started to become very anxious. I have never had anxiety in the past so I tracked when exactly I was having it and when it was at it's highest. After two months of tracking it, I noticed on the same exact day of those months I had the highest anxiety at the same exact time. Needless to say this drug was awful on my health so I stopped taking it."

Zxcvbnmasdft (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Got on this pill about 4 months ago. Everything is fine normal. I'm also on anti depressants for anxiety and it didn't do anything to make my anxiety worse. The only thing that I do not like is the weight gain it makes me eat way more than I do I feel like I'm pregnant. I don't mine the bigger boobs but the weight gain sucks."

Hanbabe805 July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Have been on this pill for 5 years. Never had any problems with it , never experienced the side effects . Not even the good ones like my skin clearing up :/ but this pill is highly recommended and I would keep taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Great so far! I have used this for four months and only experienced slight breast tenderness in the beginning. I am taking this for BC (of course) but also for stage 1 Endo. It has been a godsend in that regard- my periods are so light, I can get away with just a pantyliner when I used to have to do a tampon and pad. My cramps are slight on day one and then gone for the rest of my period. I cannot describe how wonderful that is in comparison to the excruciating pain I used to have. It would have been great to get bigger boobs from this but alas, nothing is perfect ;) Try this for sure if you have very heavy periods, very strong cramps and endo in its beginning stages."

PatMk July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I switch from Portia to microgestin fe 1/20 because I was having break through bleeding and after 2 weeks I experienced red, itchy, hive like rashes on my cheeks. I stopped the microgestin immediately once I noticed the itching because I figured I might be having an allergic reaction to it. I'll be on ocella in a few days. I'll update and tell if that helped clear up this mess on my face up..."

May cause breakouts!! (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Switched to this from gildess 1/20 & didn't have any problems. In fact, my mood actually improved since I've been on it, but I'm not sure if that's correlated to switching pills or just life being nice to me. My gynecologist was actually astonished considering how many problems I have had with other birth control medications!"

Aherne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "So I was on Ginanvi for about 3 months before I switched over to this pill due to the high cost of Ginavi (I don't have insurance). Ginanvi had cleared up my acne in the short time I used and I was hoping this birth control would not mess that up. I was wrong. After 2-3 months of using this pill my skin went crazy with horrible breakouts. Now, 9 months later I still have horrible acne. If you want a pill that helps with acne this is NOT it. It also made my period "weird". I would have little to no period one month and a heavy one the next . The month that I had a heavier flow my boobs would hurt a lot. I also noticed that at the beginning of taking it , I would be moody and extremely irritable all the time . It's time for me to switch."

CamB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I went on this pill to help with heavy periods. I have gained weight, I have blurred vision and my body aches constantly. I took myself off this pill. This is my body and I know what works for me. I will have to figure out which is worse heavy cycle or side effects."

Vmflpatyu June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I loved this pill at the beginning, highly recommend it for young adults that are going through late teen puberty , it was great to start off on as a BC but after three going on 3 1/2 years I began to notice my anxiety levels shot through the roof at the week before my period. I kept brushing it off as PMS but it started to become worse after I began to dread taking the pill after the 2 weeks of the pack, knowing my third week was coming up. Long term it did what a birth control is suppose to do, clear acne, didn't gain much weight (I'm very petite) and had my periods every month. Just know after 3 years I definitely started to get tired of a pill changing my moods HEAVILY. May be biased opinion but would not recommend to stay on this pill for Years"

3 years (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Was on Lo Loestrin FE before which was great, but this has been horrible! Insurance was not covering Lo anymore so Dr. suggested this. 3 months and I've had 12 lbs of weight gain, and feel bloated ALL the time. Acne for the first month and then it cleared after that, but weight gain continued. Shortness of breath, indigestion late at night (even not having anything to eat within the last 4 hours). Did not notice a decrease in PMS symptoms either like I did on Lo Loestrin. Getting off this pill for a while to regulate and going to bite the bullet and pay for Lo Loestrin $$$."

MWZ86 May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I wanted to wait until I had been on this pill for a month and had my first cycle on it before writing a review. I was put on it because of a diagnosis of PCOS and I wanted to try and shrink the cysts. The only side effects I've really had are nausea, terrible skin, and BIG BOOBS. Now for some people, that last one would be great- however, I like my boobs the size that they were lol. Maybe once my hormones all balance out, they'll go down. The nausea only comes in waves which isn't that bad and my skin cleared some after the first two weeks. However, I still have dry skin which isn't something I dealt with before. Also, my cycle was very light and hardly any cramps; just back pain."

Shan121891 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control that I have used and it was recommended to me by a friend. I have been on it for over two years now and have had virtually no side effects at all. During my first month on it I spotted almost everyday, but after that I did not have a single issue with this pill. My periods are extremely light to the point where I have not even needed a pad or tampon in two years. I have not experienced any acne, mood swings, weight gain, or libido changes whatsoever."

Kelly D May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I use to be on gildess FE 1/20 and it was my holy grail. Unfortunately, it's recalled and I had to settle for microgestin. The only symptoms I've experienced was breakouts....but it was enough to make me quit. I told myself I'd wait it out one more month but by each hour that passes by I just keep getting more and more breakouts. They're not normal little breakouts either..they're like cystic painful breakouts. I've always had really clear skin so I know this is the birth control. It's definitely a no for me..."

NGAA May 14, 2017