User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 11 reviews 167 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 10 reviews 97 medications

Acne 18 reviews 527 medications

Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 435 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I've been using this pill for a yr now to have regular periods because I don't have periods and to also ovulate every month which the pill did help me. But the side effects are the worse which is nausea, weight gain, breast larger, tender hurting a lot, mood swings, depression, emotional, change in appetite, nervous, headaches. I'm be using my last two packs and I'm done with the BC pills all together. Hate that my body went thru so much changes."

Honey b January 12, 2017

For Birth Control "I honestly didn't realize how much I loved this birth control until I switched. I'm currently taking Jolessa and it's horrible. Microgestin was perfect for me because I would never bleed in between, I wasn't emotional and I didn't gain weight. I also took my packs back to back for 3 months and I wouldn't spot until I was off of it. Really need to get back on this BC."

LaraDoc January 10, 2017

For Birth Control "This is the third type of pill I've been on and its basically the same as my pervious. I feel as if this gives me more breast tenderness and doesn't help with my cramping AS much, but hey, it could just be because our bodies grow and change constantly."

Anonymous January 8, 2017

For Birth Control "So far I like it. I've only been taking it for a few days so I may rate it again if any other side effects start. My acne has cleared up a little already and I've noticed I've been slightly more energetic than when I was taking Levora which always made me tired. I've also noticed a lot of people said it decreased their sex drive. For me, it has increased my sex drive, but I don't self-lubricate, so it kinda sucks. But other than that I like it so far."

Debbbbb January 5, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about a month. Previous to taking this pill, I have not been on any form of birth control in 3 years. I always have had extremely accurate periods. Every month I'd get my period on the same exact date no matter what. I've always had really light acne, & have never had anxiety, Being on this pill I am not myself at all. I have extremely, extremely, extremely bad anxiety. Low self esteem, I get new acne everyday, I've had my period twice in one month. After I forgot to take my pill one day, I received my period about 5 hours later. So many head aches I can not get rid of. I'm getting off of this pill asappppp!"

Olliep January 2, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been taking birth control regularly since I was 17 and this is by far my worst experience (I've been on 6 different pills that I can remember). Within the first month and a half I gained 12 pounds which has never been a problem before on any other b.c. The pills did nothing to help with the cramping that comes with a period, or with my endometriosis pain. All and all I was completely dissatisfied with this medication. The only "positive" here is that I didn't get pregnant while on this medication."

Mku December 31, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Been on microgestin FE 1/20 since September. I had some side effects -nervousness, odd dreams, during the first 10 days. I lost my appetite and have not regained it. During this last 6 weeks my anxiety has returned triple. I can't sleep. I'm exhausted. I have vivid nightmares. It's awful. I have constant feeling of dread & anxiety, like I want to break things. I got on the med to control constant menstrual bleeding...I'm 47 now. The pill has worked well for that and my hair is growing back where I lost some due when iron was low. My period cramps have increased a little, but not overbearingly. I have Dr appt in January. Hope she takes me off this pill before I go insane. They should take this pill off the market."

Ganymede December 29, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my first day starting this pill. I switched from the implant in my arm to this pill because I was told it would help with my acne and my heavy periods! I am hoping this will help and work I will keep you posted on my experience after 2 weeks!! I hope I have good luck like a lot of the woman on here saying it helped with acne and periods."

Dionna (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this birth control after my insurance stopped covering loloestrine fe.. the first 2 months of this were a breeze. I had little to no symptoms, almost like I wasn't even on birth control. I finally reached my 3rd month and I am truly horrified by my experience with this Bc. I am a sexually active woman and the symptoms I'm experiencing are making me feel like I may be pregnant even though I am not. It started with severe constipation, frequent urination, loss of appetite all together, nausea ALL DAY EVERY DAY mostly at night. I truly can't take it anymore and I decided to stop this Bc last night in hopes of the nausea stopping. If you are feeling this way please go to your gyno and seek a new pill. It's truly not worth this feeling"

Tylerrachel December 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I have currently been on Mircogestin fe 1/20 for 6 months now. At first when starting this medication I noticed a little bit of anxiety after the first 3 weeks but decided to let my body adjust to the hormones and see what happens. This birth control has caused me to have in insatiable appetite, This has also caused me weight gain of about 8 pounds and I have a pretty active lifestyle. Furthermore I am constantly fatigued and tired on this medication. When I do sleep it's restless with nightmares and very vivid dreams. The worst is the anxiety. I have never been anxious before but on this medication I have had severe anxiety and panic attacks which I never had before. I have stopped taking this medication because of this."

Shannon Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I have a Paraguard is great, it also has some big side effects such as super heavy (HEAVY) bleeding, long periods, and horrible cramps. I think the other side effects was my body experienced a lack of progesterone due to having the Mirena before, so trying to balance out. 8 months in with no relief, my doctor gave me microgestin which I have consistently taken at the same time daily for the past 40 days... I have also been bleeding for the last 39 days. I think everyone is different, and I specifically need a higher dose pill as this is a low dose so I just switched over to Chanteal so hopefully that helps. No relief from headaches and acne on this pill though, and made bleeding worse!"

K1031B December 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I absolutely love this birth control. I started out on this pill but when I moved away for college had to change pharmacies and switch birth control brands twice... worst two months on birth control. Now that I'm back on this pill my skin is clearing up again and I don't have mood swings or feel down anymore."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 11, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Stopped periods completely by 3rd month; has side effects of tender breasts, making me sleepier after taking it (take it before bed, no problem). Caused the WORST acne I've ever had in my life. Used it to skip periods since mine are very heavy/bad, did that just great. No side effects I couldn't deal with/live with, other than the acne. Deep cystic types, white heads, oily skin - switching since I'm not looking to prevent pregnancy, just to manage periods & I can try a different hormone composition. Missing a pill in the first 2 months caused spotting, after that, missing one here or there didn't do much."

sketchai (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 9, 2016

For Acne "As we all know birth control has different effects on everyone. As for myself and the 2 other people I know who have taken this pill in the past, it has been nothing short of miserable for all 3 of us. I've never related to others when they talk about mood swings during menstruation until I took this pill. Except now my mood swings can happen at any point and I constantly have anxiety. On top of this I am constantly nauseas, have random chest pain and I've developed the worst acne I've had in my entire life. It's a good day if I have one or less breakouts appear on my chin area. As stated before, this pill has different effects on everyone but as for me I can honestly say it has impacted my life and not in a good way."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2016

For Acne "I have never in my life had acne, including during puberty. I've been on this pill for 3 months and I have the most intense acne all over my chin. I have a very thorough skin care routine but nothing works. Aside from the acne, every time I start a new pack I get an intense headache & physically feel sick like I'm coming down with the flu. This pill has been nothing but issues for me and I just made an appointment to change pills entirely."

xallyyyy November 28, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was awful for me. I was not able to take it for a week. I had the worst chest pains and body aches. I felt like I was going to die. I asked my doctor to switch me on a PoP because it has less hormones. I liked it more. Everyone's experience will vary but this pill was horrible for me."

Bero0816 (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

For Birth Control "Well, I'm going to start off by saying that every girl is different and has different side effects. My experience wasn't a great one. At first it worked great but my periods started to become very irregular the third month I was on it. Some months I'd have my period for a straight 3 weeks and sometimes it was only 4 days. I experienced excruciating cramps and severe headaches. I also just seemed very cloudy. Didn't really seem myself. Everything was so "eh" to me. Although, it did seem to help with some acne. But you just need to figure out what birth control fits right for you! I hope this helps some of you get a little insight on this birth control."

kay(: November 23, 2016

For Birth Control "After significant weight gain on depo and the Implant I told my doctor how I'm sensitive to hormones more specifically progesterone. So this pill is considered low dose and is a mixture of progesterone and estrogen I decided tried it. Love the perks of clear skin and 15 pounds down in 5 months. Cons- nausea after placebo week, dark inner thighs, mild depression, and random head aches. Although I can't say there is a direct correlation between depression, head aches and the pill. Open to try extra low dose and see how it works for me. Positives out weight negatives at this point."

Momma_bear12345 November 21, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my first time on birth control. I know they recommend you only being on the pill for 10 years so I wanted to wait until it was truly needed. I have been on this pill for 4 1/2 years. The first 3 1/2 years were amazing. I lost weight, my skin was amazing, my periods were very light and only lasted 3 days, I am always moody around my period but I've always been like that. But this past year is totally different. My boobs are massive, I've gained weight for no reason, I stopped getting my period all together. I feel I needed to take stock in pregnancy tests because I was always 28 days on the pill and now I get it every 6 months if that. My mood swings are crazy and my food cravings are nuts. my sexy drive dropped too."

Shelly623 November 15, 2016

For Birth Control "It was perfect for me. Got my period down to 3 light days without pain. Cleared my skin. Decreased my appetite and anxiety. I even lost weight the first month on it!"

julibug (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 11, 2016

"To be quite fair this pill works in a sense that I did not get pregnant. Becoming pregnant in this last month would be almout impossible for the fact I haven't had the want or need to have sex in a month. I have no libido on this pill and my relationship is tanking. Along with no libido in a month I have gained weight, more acne than I've had in years, my breast tenderness wasn't as bad on this pill but it was still there. No nausea as I was expecting but I have no energy no matter how well I eat or go to the gym. Would not recommend this, save yourself and find something else."

Couldkill (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for about a month and while I'm aware that it's not long enough for the pill to really set in, I've suffered major side effects that are important to know about. This pill is causing me to have a second period this month, and I'm anemic, so it's making me feel extremely fatigued. It's also spiked very very severe depression and a loss of appetite."

bourneroyal November 3, 2016

For Endometriosis "My doctor started me on Microgestin over a year ago to control my endometriosis symptoms. So far, it has helped completely with the irregular bleeding I was experiencing. I still have pain, so it hasn't 100% helped with that aspect. One side effect that almost made me stop altogether was the breast tenderness. I do notice that I get a small amount of acne at times. I have suffered with migraines for 17 years and I honestly feel that this medicine brings them on or makes them worse. I have recorded 21 migraines in less than a year so am currently considering switching to another method of birth control."

AP120906 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I began this pill a little over a year ago and the only positive thing it did was prevent pregnancy. This pill gave my breakthrough bleeding and I consistently missed a period every other month even when I took the pill religiously. I began to realize that the pill has been the reason for my extremely bad acne (that began when I started this pill), depression, and mental fog that I always seem to be caught in. I do not recommend this pill because a lot of my friends who have tried it have experienced the same side effects. Please be careful with this pill."

Avad17 October 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched to this after Aviane because I went down from a very full C cup to barely fitting in a B. My doctor switched me on Microgestin Fe saying that its low hormone and I should have my body shape back. Cons: -My acne came back. Huge pimples on my forehead, and small little ones all along my cheeks while redness. -My nose is constantly swollen -My face is no longer clear and glowing as it was on Aviane. -My hair is also drier and thinner. It is falling like crazy -My periods were never severely heavy, but I would have to be careful sleeping in certain positions the first two days because they would be a bit excessive. Pros: -Not pregnant -No mood swings after a while"

hbaig October 30, 2016