User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 10 reviews 160 medications

Acne 14 reviews 523 medications

4.3
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 382 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I used to take loliestrin 24 and it was great! But my insurance doesnt cover it. On Loloestrin I Lost weight, no mood swings and no periods. This however is the opposite. Its been 2 month i'm super bloated, always tired and had my period for 2 weeks now. Super annoying. Im not sure if I can wait 3 months. I will try and see if it gets better. So far its sucks"

Rondei July 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I have used Loestrin Fe and Gildess Fe in the past and never had an issue with either. I was on Gildess up until a couple months ago, when my pharmacy switched me to Microgestin Fe 1/20 and told me that it was exactly the same as Gildess. The first time I got my period on Microgestin, my face, neck, back, and crotch broke out in a scaly, red, incredibly itchy rash. I couldn't figure out what had caused this awful rash (that lasted for a week) until a month later, at the same time of month, the rash returned. I'm going to see my gyn and getting a new prescription because my experience with Microgestin has been awful."

avgbear July 26, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I just started my second pack of microgestin fe 1/20 and I cannot complain! I definitely have the side effect of feeling a little sick, but that is to be expected. My first month of using it I also had started working out and I actually lost 7 or 8 pounds, so I had no problem with my weight. I'm sure it is based upon your body, but if you maintain a healthy lifestyle weight gain should not be a problem. I started taking this due to the unreal pain I was experiencing while I was on my period. This past one was nothing! I had zero pain and it was extremely light and only lasted about 2 days. It was so nice! My only complaint is my stomach hurting during the first few days of pills."

TayloreH July 25, 2016

For Birth Control "Horrible!!!!! I got my implanon taken out and decided to switch to the pill. Biggest mistake ever! I feel extremely tired all the time. I haven't had problem with acne in years and now all of a sudden my face has been breaking out! I'm extremely moody. I don't like the way it makes me feel at all. I've only been on it for about 2 weeks and will be stopping it asap!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I started the first pack last year, and when I got to the placebo week, I was in extreme stomach pain for a few days and got scared, so I stopped taking the pill altogether. But this might be because of the stressful experiences I was having in life. Now, half a year later, I decided to continue the next two packs because I just started dating someone new and we don't like condoms. No pain, it regulated my period (and it lasted only three days with light flow thankfully), but the one annoying thing was that before I started the pill again and was getting busy with the bf, I could easily get wet and aroused but after taking the pill, I experienced continuous vaginal dryness. So this pill gets a meeehh/10."

Ehh? (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for about a year now and I actually went on it because of my awful mood swings. I would uncontrollably cry about anything and everything so I figured maybe birth control would help even out my hormone levels. I think it has helped with evening out my hormones and controlling my mood swings although I still have days where I am awfully moody. I did gain a little weight on it.. nothing noticeable to the outside world except me. I've always had acne prone skin and it hasn't helped or worsened it. Overall it's been pretty good although I am trying to switch to an implant because I've gotten annoyed with taking it every day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Initially I liked this pill. My skin was glowing and my boobs were getting bigger. I didn't feel hungrier, overall I felt good. But around the 2 1/2 month mark I started to retain water big time all over. I know it wasn't my diet , and I was exercising. I know my lifestyle was on point, so I was happy to jump on the scale and weigh myself cuz I am still trying to lose the baby weigh of my 4 month old. Shocking to me, I did Not lose any weight (not one pound). The scale was the same as a month of dieting & exercising. I was soooo bummed. I stopped taking the pill and in 4 days I lost 7 pounds. I hope this helps. Good luck ladies."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

For Acne "my story with this medication is so strange. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago and since then I've been taking microgestian 1/20. For about 4 years it really helped keep my skin clear and balance out my hormone levels. Back in January I was living away from home and ran out. I didn't find a new endriconologist until about May. She prescribed me a higher dosage of microgestian which was the 1.5. I took two packs of this and my skin resulted in the worst cystic acne since I was a teenager. I stopped taking it and asked her to put me on the old prescription of 1/20. I've been on that one for two packs and am currently on the third pack. I've seen no improvement on my skin and actually think it's getting worse. Any advice?"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this after being on lo loestrin fe for a year. I have incredibly painful periods and wanted some relief... However, after starting this birth control I have gained about 7-10 pounds and gone up a couple clothes sizes. NONE of my clothes fit and my breasts have gone up a cup size. On my small frame, the weight gain is significant!! It looks like I am 4 months pregnant, and considering I have been on this pill for 3 months and not gotten my period, I've been freaking out. Pregnancy tests say I'm all clear, but I am having all the negative pregnancy symptoms. I also have had decreased sex drive and it is causing strain in my relationship... I'm getting off this pill and never looking back!!"

HW12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I took this method of birth control for three years. Initially I had been on Lo Loestrin (I loved it) but switched to this because of insurance. I loved this pill (I just recently got the Nexplanon implant which is why this is past tense). I have a gastrointestinal illness so this was extremely light on my stomach and didn't affect it at all. I actually stopped having my period altogether while taking this and didn't experience any weight gain. I do recall some mood swings early on, but I believe this was from switching birth controls and not a symptom of this particular birth control. That only lasted a month or two. I would suggest this to anyone looking to start birth control and especially anyone who may be apprehensive about it."

onehope July 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I got onto Microgestin FE 1/20 and it is my first experience with birth control. Needless to say, I was extremely nervous for starting the pill and was putting it off as long as possible until I couldn't deal with my AWFUL, EXCRUCIATING period pain anymore. I am 26 years old and this birth control saved my life. My body is no longer taking a beating every month. I take my pill at 9:30pm which helps me sleep through any sickness that I feel after taking it. I have experienced moodiness (this got better with time), body sensitivity, and dryness during sex (invested in good quality lubricant). I highly recommend this BC and remember that everyone's body is different. Give it a shot and if you don't like it you can always CHANGE it!"

PaviMavi (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2016

For Birth Control "Ive been on this pill for two months and so far so good ..I have acne prone skin but this pill doesnt give me more acne. My face is actually more clear. And my periods happen on the third day of my innactive pills and it last 3 days instead of 5 which is pretty great for me. My periods are naturally really light but on the pill they are almost unnoticeable.I havent gained weight or anything and im not experiencing any negative side effects. pill works different for everyone or maybe the bad just hasnt kicked in yet...either way..this pill is amazing"

Kywilliams (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2016

For Birth Control "acne acne acne acne acne. If you have acne prone skin like me please DO NOT take this medication. Make sure you are on something that is MEANT for acne (yasmin, yaz, ortho tri cyclen, sprintec, etc) as microgestin is not specifically meant for acne and can actually make your skin worse. I did not know any of this before taking this birth control, so i let my doctor put me on what he called a "generic" pill that many people take. I could definitely see this pill working for an average individual with non acne-prone skin, however, this was not the case for me. My body never "adjusted" to the hormones as my gyno said and my breakouts just got worse and worse until i finally decided to stop taking it (9 months in) and my acne finally cleared."

jpark7478 July 1, 2016

For Birth Control "Terrible. I remember being extremely moody, tired, nauseous and got headaches when I first started. It eventually evened out; however, my face broke out and if I missed a pill and had to take two I would vomit profusely. Also I got spotting mid cycle. I finally decided to go off it and just after stopping it I got awful cramps and nausea. Weeks later I'm finally starting to feel like myself."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I was changed to this because my previous birth control was discontinued. From the very second day I was on this, I've had horrible cystic acne all over my body which I've never had issue with before and I'm in my mid-30s. This has also made my cycle extremely unpredictable with extra long periods (usually 4 days, now 10-12 every time). I do not recommend."

BarnyardBalloon (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2016

For Acne "I used regular microgestin 1/20 and it was fine, then for some reason a new doctor gave me the microgestin fe 1/20 (iron pills the last week). I got terrible cystic acne and now have scars from it. I realized it the 3rd month and stopped taking the pills the last week. My acne has started to improve."

Lady-reviewz (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for about 3 weeks now. I don't remember the last time I've had a full meal of food. My appetite has decreased drastically and whenever I see food I get nauseous."

Omanning June 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on MANY different bc pills because I suffer from migraines, which worsen with estrogen. This one has been the absolute best for me. I took it for more than a year and had super predictable and light periods with almost no cramps, my acne was absolutely relinquished, no weight gain, no mood swings throughout my cycle, and no pregnancy (the most important). If you think you are having weird symptoms within the first two months or so of taking it, WAIT IT OUT. This is a miracle pill. My doctor (without me wanting to) switched me to a complete non-estrogen pill because of my high risk for stroke and I hate it in comparison so much I stopped taking it. I should have never let my doc switch me because I miss taking this pill so much."

Sammy slamma jamma June 25, 2016

For Acne "I want to start off by saying i have been on orthotricyclin birth control pills for over 20 years. My HCP switched me to Microgestin 1/20 FE Tabs 28's four months ago to help better regulate my periods....it did the job, but like noted below I also experiences awful cystic acne that I never had before in my life. I am happily switching back to Orthotricyclen, which is supposed to improve my complexion. Good luck to your skin if u take this product!"

.jo.jo. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control was pretty terrible. I should preface this by saying I only took it for a month and not the 3 months that is recommended for your body to adjust to a hormonal birth control. However, there was no way I was going to subject myself to 3 months of this pill. The first two weeks it caused me to have insane mood swings. I'd get extremely mad at virtually nothing. The two times I accidentally took the pill a few hours late, I immediately started spotting and would continue to spot for a few days. It also made my skin break out despite the fact that I have a good skincare routine and rarely experience acne."

Bumparella June 20, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill keeps making me miss my period and it's so scary I keep thinking I am pregnant or something is wrong with me. After pregnancy tests come back negative I feel better, but it is very off putting to not be getting my period for sometimes months in a row."

NYC chic June 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I've taken this pill for five years and I've never had any problems with it. My periods are super light and predictable. I was always skinny so if this pill helped me gain weight, it was a good thing. Now that I'm older (26), I've got some stubborn belly fat but I think that's just due to my metabolism slowing down and that I haven't always eaten the healthiest, especially not while in college. This pill did increased my bust size. I know so because when I was off this pill, they were less full. My emotional state never changed. I really never think about the fact that I'm on this pill except when it's time to take it. Symptoms happen differently for everyone. Just gotta see what works!"

melburns232 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about a month since then I've been feeling very light headed at times, also I noticed that my appetite has increased drastically. I feel more tired than usual & the mood swings are terrible. On top of all that the acne won't go away!!! This pill is okay but I wouldn't suggest it for a long time use."

Anonymous June 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for almost 5 years and it's definitely done its job. I did gain weight on it. I have this stubborn pouch on my stomach that I can't loose now and it wasn't there before the pill. My periods come every month and last a week. I have no acne, but I'm not sure if that's because of the pill."

Latshawj (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I Started to take this pill on my first day which fell on a sunday. It was my first time in years using birth control again & NEVER EVER AGAIN !! I only took the pills THREE days before I started noticing side effects. First off I was alwayss tored no matter how much I sleep I still wake up tired , all through the day TIRED !! & Then I always had a attitude everyday. But really it made me so emotional WEDNESDAY I burst out in tears & I don't even know why !! I wouldn't dare take another one of these !!"

NikkiDAVIS June 13, 2016