User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 11 reviews 167 medications

Acne 19 reviews 562 medications

3.9
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 485 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Menstrual Disorders "I went on this pill to help with heavy periods. I have gained weight, I have blurred vision and my body aches constantly. I took myself off this pill. This is my body and I know what works for me. I will have to figure out which is worse heavy cycle or side effects."

Vmflpatyu June 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I loved this pill at the beginning, highly recommend it for young adults that are going through late teen puberty , it was great to start off on as a BC but after three going on 3 1/2 years I began to notice my anxiety levels shot through the roof at the week before my period. I kept brushing it off as PMS but it started to become worse after I began to dread taking the pill after the 2 weeks of the pack, knowing my third week was coming up. Long term it did what a birth control is suppose to do, clear acne, didn't gain much weight (I'm very petite) and had my periods every month. Just know after 3 years I definitely started to get tired of a pill changing my moods HEAVILY. May be biased opinion but would not recommend to stay on this pill for Years"

3 years (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Was on Lo Loestrin FE before which was great, but this has been horrible! Insurance was not covering Lo anymore so Dr. suggested this. 3 months and I've had 12 lbs of weight gain, and feel bloated ALL the time. Acne for the first month and then it cleared after that, but weight gain continued. Shortness of breath, indigestion late at night (even not having anything to eat within the last 4 hours). Did not notice a decrease in PMS symptoms either like I did on Lo Loestrin. Getting off this pill for a while to regulate and going to bite the bullet and pay for Lo Loestrin $$$."

MWZ86 May 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I wanted to wait until I had been on this pill for a month and had my first cycle on it before writing a review. I was put on it because of a diagnosis of PCOS and I wanted to try and shrink the cysts. The only side effects I've really had are nausea, terrible skin, and BIG BOOBS. Now for some people, that last one would be great- however, I like my boobs the size that they were lol. Maybe once my hormones all balance out, they'll go down. The nausea only comes in waves which isn't that bad and my skin cleared some after the first two weeks. However, I still have dry skin which isn't something I dealt with before. Also, my cycle was very light and hardly any cramps; just back pain."

Shan121891 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control that I have used and it was recommended to me by a friend. I have been on it for over two years now and have had virtually no side effects at all. During my first month on it I spotted almost everyday, but after that I did not have a single issue with this pill. My periods are extremely light to the point where I have not even needed a pad or tampon in two years. I have not experienced any acne, mood swings, weight gain, or libido changes whatsoever."

Kelly D May 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I use to be on gildess FE 1/20 and it was my holy grail. Unfortunately, it's recalled and I had to settle for microgestin. The only symptoms I've experienced was breakouts....but it was enough to make me quit. I told myself I'd wait it out one more month but by each hour that passes by I just keep getting more and more breakouts. They're not normal little breakouts either..they're like cystic painful breakouts. I've always had really clear skin so I know this is the birth control. It's definitely a no for me..."

NGAA May 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for about 3 years now. I got on it to gain weight and to help my acne breakouts. I have gained weight and my face neck and back have cleared up and have been clear. The only problem I have with it is it makes my underarms stink. I had surgery back in Nov 2016 and so I was off my BC for about 2 weeks and let me tell you I was back to my old self again not having to apply deodorant more than once a day. Using the BC I literally have to put deodorant on like 3 times a day during working hours because I can smell myself. I take a shower every morning and have to at night because I don't want my husband to run me out the bed not that he would. lol"

ladynred33 May 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Microgestin for 3 years now and ever since I got on the pill I have noticed something very strange that was super uncomfortable and uncontrollable, excessive sweating. For the past 3 years, I have tried every type of deodorant, anti-perspirant, and even getting laser in my armpits! Just last night I connected to dots and it all led back to this pill. I have a hormone imbalance and I still have to find another alternative for birth control. With reading the different reviews keep in mind that every woman's body is completely different and all have totally different hormones and ways that your body can react to it. Something to take from my experience: look into better birth controls before deciding on this pill in particular."

baychick85 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "If you're here looking for reviews of this pill that your doctor gave you like I was almost a year ago, I would advise you not to read through them and just try it out yourself. I read these reviews and was terrified of this pill but, for me, it honestly has made no difference in my life besides not being pregnant. The first couple of weeks I felt a little bloated, had some heart burn, and breast tenderness but these symptoms were not by any means terrible and 100% went away. Other than those first 2-3 weeks, I have experienced nothing aside from a normal day to day life and highly recommend this pill! Everybody is different though, so seriously, don't scare yourself reading reviews and just try it out yourself :)"

Kate055555555555 May 10, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I took this pill for 2.5 years and it was pretty good. When I first started the only negative side effect I had was nausea 24/7 for about 6 months but it eventually went away. I had to switch to a higher dosage because my PMS symptoms like hormonal breakouts before periods came back after about two years on the pill. However, I have regular sex and I never got pregnant! So it does its job"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've tried many birth controls in the past few years and after taking microgestin for about a year now I can definitely say it is one of the better brands I have used. After reading other reviews I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has experienced extremely light periods and dryness during intercourse. For me, my last period didn't even come. While some might see no periods as a dream come true, personally it can really worried me. Despite using the pill consistently, I ended up taking a pregnancy test to put my mind at ease, but going forward I might consider switching again just so I can get that little extra reassurance. However all other side effects on this medication have been very minimal for me!"

A minus (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Missing hair on my hairline , been taking this for a month can't even put my hair in a pony tail without looking bald!!"

Bribri27 April 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I really like this birth control cause it's a very low dosage. For everyone who says it makes them feel sick, take it at night! I had the same problem and take it night typically between 830-11pm and I don't feel sick. My skin I have less breakouts. I still get the occasional pimple or two. I haven't had any mood swings, no problems with libido, my emotions feel more balanced and I don't have PMS. I do get bloated for a few days in the middle of the cycle. It's my 5th month on them. And when I do get my period, my cramps are nonexistent. I used to have the curl up in a ball and cry cramps, but they've been non-existent with these pills. There's also a lot less blood loss. Also a regular exerciser and no issues there either."

BB11196 April 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on the pill for 5 years. The first 4 years were good - lighter periods, face was clear, not super hormonal for the most part. However, at the end of the 4th year, things started to get bad! I was breaking out like crazy! I have never had cystic acne but sure enough with this pill, I was getting them. And not just one or two, I'd have like 5 on my face all the time. They were mostly on my cheeks and chin. They were big, red and very painful. At first, I wasn't sure if it was the pill causing the acne so I continued taking it. Months later, I stopped and now my face has finally cleared up. I wouldn't recommend this pill to anyone! Stay clear away if you want clear skin!!"

Girlygirl786 April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for 6 month and I quit a month ago. I quit because of the side effects. I would get bloated a lot, which was a new thing for me. I didn't have acid reflux before the pill. On the pill frequently I would either feel the food coming up in my throat, or a vomiting sensation come up. Additionally I was burping incessantly. I couldn't control my burps at times; they would just happen involuntarily. I sensed that I felt more sensitive to things and my husband confirmed (after getting off the pill) that I was more quick to anger. He also said that I have lost a lot of weight since getting off the pill. It also changed my eating habits."

Emily555 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My gyno switched me from Teva (brand name) to a generic. The generic wreaked HAVOC on my moods. As someone who suffered from bad PMS already I was led to believe this would help. Did quite the opposite. Triggered months long depression and anxiety. I had preexisting problems with both that were exacerbated by this pill. After wasting at least $800 dollars seeing a shrink and going off of the pill I went to see a psychiatrist who put me on Lexapro which has made me feel a million times better. I know everyone reacts differently to different pills, but I would warn someone with a genetic predisposition to depression and anxiety to be VERY careful going on this pill. Doctors don't always care enough to listen before they prescribe medicine."

SRkitty April 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking Microgestin for three months now. It's birth control. Sure, everyone needs to find the right one for them but it really isn't as horrid as everyone is making it... Side effects happen.. you're pumping your body full of hormones. For the first month I didn't break out a tad bit more than usual, my boobs were extremely tender and I was feeling lethargic but around the end of month 2 my face became extra clear, my boob tenderness had subsided and I have my energy back! GIVE YOUR BODY TIME TO BECOME ADJUSTED. . That's it. Do that and you will be A OKAY side effect AND baby free."

Karavt (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for a few months now and I have absolutely no complaints. My insurance covers it 100%, I didn't (and still don't) have any side effects when starting the pill and i'm not pregnant! No weight gain, no nausea, no headaches, nothing."

chloswizzle April 9, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 4 months now and for the first three months I experienced a lot of nausea. I have not had sex while on it yet so I cannot speak to that, but I have not gained weight from it nor have I gotten more acne than I had before. I do recommend this pill because I have not had any other side effects besides for the nausea. This is also my first birth control. Hope this helps."

Newbie20 March 29, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill almost 8 months and I have to say, I also have mixed reviews. I haven't gotten pregnant, so it has proven effective in that sense. I've also gained weight, experienced the migraines and nausea others have mentioned, now have lighter periods, and get frequent bacterial vaginosis. It is definitely as bad as it sounds. I've also had some trouble with moisture down there during sex. Being that my cycle was irregular before, I wanted something to prevent pregnancy but also allows for a monthly menstrual cycle. This was more than I bargained for. I think I'm going to stop taking the pill and look into other options. "

Considering Other Options (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Don't waste your time reading these reviews. Everyone's experience is highly personal and none of the side effects mentioned have to pertain to you. Relax, don't stress, give your body time to adjust, and you'll be fine. When I first started this pill, I felt foggy and tired for a few weeks until my body adjusted. Now I feel normal again, no weight gain, no sexual problems, and practically no period."

Femin9 March 24, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "It was ok. Made me feel very bloated all the time and just felt heavy. I was put on it to help my acne and it really made it a lot worse. I gained weight and also developed anxiety. I've been on it for about 7 months and I have only had spotting here and there, not my actual period."

Hannah L March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Very disappointed. This is the 3rd birthcontrol I've been on, my last birth control was nexplanon (terrible). I started taking the pill April 2016 I really liked this pill AT FIRST. Until I experienced the dryness. I became very sexually frustrated as well as my boyfriend. I decided to stop taking the pill almost 2 months ago, and I finally feel normal again. Hope to find something better!"

Ktennnnnnn March 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have been on microgestin 1/20 for about 4 months now and it has improved my acne immensely! Before this pill I tried everything to get rid of my acne and spent so much money on different kinds of acne face wash and stuff like that. When I finally decided to take this pill, I was scared because I read all these reviews and none of them were very positive, but for some reason for my skin it has highly improved my acne and for the past 2 weeks I have not gotten a pimple on my face and it is also slowly healing my scars too. The first 2-3 months it is hard to see results and takes a little bit of time to really start getting into your system. Along with clearing up my acne, it has also taken away my very bad cramps from my period."

Brooke b March 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for about a year and a half and for the most part I've really liked it! I gained a little bit of weight but not a huge amount. I was scared to take it because of the bad reviews on here but it's really worked for me!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 2, 2017