User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

Birth Control
5.7

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

Rose · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2021

For Birth Control: “Only been on it a week. After taking it I feel severely nauseous and have vomited. I have lost 10 pounds. And my mood swings are so bad. I have no appetite or interest in food period. And have missed or left university three times in the past 5 days”

Mick · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 27, 2021

For Birth Control: “This birth control was awful. I have taken it 2 separate times in my life for about 6 months each and it made me feel terrible. I had really bad mood swings, my anxiety was at an all time high and it all around was just a bad experience. I switched to Junel and felt so much better in all aspects.”

Dulce · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2021

For Birth Control: “I was prescribed this since they didn’t have Junel Fe at the time. I spoke with the pharmacist and he confirmed it’s the same as that. I took it for 1 month and it’s probably the worst birth I have ever tried. I had mood swings and it made me feel so depressed. I had constant bloating and I was throwing up every other day. I ended up finishing the month of it and right now I’m no longer taking any birth control since I’m just trying detoxify from the pill. I stopped it in December and now it’s April and I still have spotting everyday and heavy periods. All bodies are different but this one was not the one for me.”

Anonymous May 13, 2009

For Birth Control: “My doctor put me on this medicine for dysmenorrhea. I LOVE this birth control pill. I have NEVER had any bad side effects from it, no acne, no mood swings. I only have light bleeding/no bleeding and cramping when I do have my periods, which only last 2-4 days. But the best part, NO WEIGHT GAIN. I have actually lost 30lbs since I have been on it. I really love this pill and would not go to any other birth control pill.”

Anonymous December 30, 2009

For Birth Control: “I am taking Microgestin FE 1/20 for a month now. I took the first pill and then decided to just read up on it. I was scared out of my mind after reading reviews. I tried to calm myself down by saying that people usually only give reviews with a bad experience. Rarely do people seek out these sites to give a positive one. Nevertheless I was scared. I thought I was going to gain weight, be an emotional crazy person, suffer from bad eye sight, etc, etc. I was especially scared because I would take the pill at noon and at 5 pm everyday I would feel nauseous. I changed my time to 5pm, and hey problem solved. I am usually in bed by the time the nausea would start. Other then that, no weight gain, no headaches, no loss of sexual interest, and no breast tenderness. Everyone is different and their bodies react differently. I would say I am very satisfied with this birth control.”

Kate055555555555 May 10, 2017

For Birth Control: “If you're here looking for reviews of this pill that your doctor gave you like I was almost a year ago, I would advise you not to read through them and just try it out yourself. I read these reviews and was terrified of this pill but, for me, it honestly has made no difference in my life besides not being pregnant. The first couple of weeks I felt a little bloated, had some heart burn, and breast tenderness but these symptoms were not by any means terrible and 100% went away. Other than those first 2-3 weeks, I have experienced nothing aside from a normal day to day life and highly recommend this pill! Everybody is different though, so seriously, don't scare yourself reading reviews and just try it out yourself :)”

beejay · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

For Birth Control: “I absolutely hate this medication. They gave it to me because my Junel Fe was on backorder. Horrible mood swings, zero sex drive whatsoever, symptoms of depression, breakthrough bleeding, and lack of interest within things I previously loved. I didn't use this for the purpose of preventing pregnancy, but it didn't even work for the things I needed it for. Everyone is different, but I have never experienced such dark emotions in my life, and this was a horrible experience.”

Ness May 4, 2019

For Birth Control: “I think what a lot of women need to keep in mind is that all our bodies differ. Birth control is tricky. Doctors prescribe what they think is best and, sometimes, that’s not the case. It’s only unfortunate that we have to subject our bodies to something that can potentially endanger us at the say of our doctor. Really, there is no perfect, super effective birth control without another saying otherwise. So, here I am, part of that small percentage, that loves Microgestin Fe birth control. I’ve been on it for three years. No complaints. No weird side effects and have I gotten pregnant. What’s awesome, is that my period is very timely—I LOVE knowing even it’ll arrive (I get it every month, always on a Tuesday or Wednesday, no later than) and it only lasts 3, 4 days at most. If you’re sexually active, this has proven helpful in maintaining a very strict schedule with your menstrual cycle. Microgestin birth control is a winner in my book.”

Anonymous November 4, 2009

For Birth Control: “I'm 21 years old and have been on this birth control for almost a year now and I absolutely love it. No weight gain, no headaches, no acne, no side effects really except I no longer have a period at all. Just to be cautious I take a pregnancy test every month, but so far there hasn't been a need for it. My sex drive is the same and hasn't changed at all. The pills are easy to swallow. I would never switch birth controls!”

kristycampbell December 17, 2011

For Birth Control: “I cannot believe the negative reviews on this. They did scare me, but I still gave it a shot, and have NEVER been happier with a birth control! My acne is cleared up, my sex drive is still incredible, I have LOST WEIGH and my periods are almost NON EXISTENT! The only thing I wish is that I would have gotten on this sooner! I love this birth control and I suggest trying it before buying into the negative reviews. Everyone is different.”

Ray · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 10, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've been on Microgestrin Fe 1/20 for about 3 years. I've tried many other brands or generics like Junel Fe 1/20 which is a form of Microgestrin. But Junel made me gain weight and get depressed. Microgestrin, however, has never given me any problems at all. I start and finish my period on the exact same days every month. My periods are so light and so manageable. I've had no problem with weight gain or mood swings with this pill. I am so sad to see this pill go on back order. I highly recommend. This is the only pill I have completely loved and not had any problems on. I am a 20 year old girl and in college so it's very important I'm on a good pill that doesn't get in the way of my mental health for my studies. I love this pill and sad to see it go.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2014

For Birth Control: “I have been on Microgestin FE 1/20 for a couple of months now, and it's absolutely fantastic! I switched after 6 months of Lo Loestrin, which caused me to gain 10 pounds, constant spotting, and worse acne. With Microgestin, my periods are actually regular, and even lighter. I had horrible cramps that I used to have to miss school and work because of, and now, they're almost nonexistent! Zero weight gain, I've actually lost 7 pounds, and my acne is gone! Love this pill!”

Anonymous June 23, 2009

For Acne: “I just started taking this birth control a week and a half ago. So far, so good. I have noticed a profound difference in my acne. Most blackheads are gone. Also, my breasts are bigger, which is never a bad thing.”

Sarah May 1, 2013

For Birth Control: “I would recommend this birth control to everyone. I have been taking it for almost two years. My periods are light and only last for a few days. My cramps are very tolerable. I don't feel unusually moody or irritable. My breasts did increase in size from a B32 to a D32. My skin is pretty clear, and I did not gain any weight. I would never switch to another birth control!”

Venus June 23, 2019

For Birth Control: “I switched from Tarina Fe to Microgestin after starting to see a new doctor. This doctor told me the two brands were generics of each other ie. comparable. I had zero problem on Tarina multiple years. This new pill gave me SEVERE side effects. I was on it for 5 months and started having side effects immediately. I was always bloated, gained weight, broke out, had drastic mood changes, abdominal pain, no periods and consistent yeast infections which was new to me. Finally I just couldn’t handle it anymore I stopped taking it. I had stabbing pain in my uterus for about a week while detoxing the pill. It’s been 5 months off and my body has had a tough time readjusting. My periods are still inconsistent and my hormones are trying to balance themselves out. My mom had issues on this pill too, severe headaches that were a sign of a near stroke. Thank goodness she went to the doctor just in time and got off the pill and is feeling better now. I DO NOT recommend this pill to ANYONE.”

AUNT11 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 25, 2018

For Birth Control: “I've have been taking this pill for years...I have never had a problem. No mood swings, no pregnancies, no long heavy periods, no nothing. I feel great. I have short light periods. I was surprised to see so many negative reviews. Everyone needs to keep in mind everyone's body is different...and responds to things differently.”

Mel311 August 17, 2013

For Birth Control: “I started taking this pill a few months back. The first two weeks were really bad. I bled constantly, acted crazy and called my Dr to get off of it. She asked me to stick with it for a month. So glad I did! I haven't had a period since, which I love. I've lost 6 lbs with no change to my diet and my breasts are up a size! I have so much energy. This pill is amazing. Stick through the first pack. It's tough, but very much worth it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2014

For Birth Control: “I've been on Microgestin for 3 weeks. I started taking it on the 1st day of my period and it make my (normally VERY regular period) last for 8 days (it usually lasts 4-5)! For the entire time I have been very moody, bloated, retaining water, have had cramps, nausea, acne, breakthrough bleeding, EVERYTHING. THE WHOLE TIME. I literally feel like I have been on my period for 3 weeks. I keep hoping that eventually my body will get used to these hormones. My doctor said it will take 1-3 months to regulate, but I don't know if I want to live like I'm on my period for 3 full months. ”

Jennifer October 27, 2019

For Birth Control: “As a 21 year old woman, I’ve taken this pill for some four years now after becoming sexually active and truly have had little to no problems. I exercise about 4x a week and don’t have the best diet given my age. But while on this pill I have stayed the same weight, give or take 5lbs depending on my diet and exercise. I never had acne prone skin even in my teens but pill didn’t make it worse. I never had head aches, nausea or other common side effects. My period was always pretty light with minimal cramping, and after taking this pill for some years now I haven’t gotten my period in maybe two years. IT IS AWESOME. My insurance even covers it so that it’s free for me. The only con with this pill is my lowered sex drive (though I was never really an animal anyway), and vaginal dryness. Definitely would recommend.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 13, 2013

For Birth Control: “Whenever you start birth control, you're suppose to give it a three month trial before you determine if it's garbage or not. The reason being is because your body is adjusting to the new birth control, and of course you're going to experience break out bleeding, common birth control side effects, and of course being overly emotional. On the other hand, despite the break out bleeding and the mood swings I get from time to time, I love Microgestin! It's a reliable birth control if used correctly, so if you're forgetful, forget the pill and find another form of birth control! Within the past nine months I've used it I had lighter periods, didn't break out as much, and I didn't feel any weight gain. I recommend this product to anyone!”

Julie · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 17, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started Microgestin 1/20 FE last year. I got a years supply so I didn't have to worry about switching, and it was one of the most depressing years I have experienced. I didn't blame the pill for my daily super dark thoughts until I switched pills 2 weeks ago, and since then I have had zero suicidal thoughts or impulses. In my experience Microgestin increases depression and dark thoughts exponentially. One plus is that I did not get pregnant while on it.”

meeliebug · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 6, 2014

For Acne: “About to start my fourth pack and I love this birth control. I took birth control (Cyclessa and Yaz and some others I don't remember) in my early 20s and gained a bunch of weight and had a diminished sex drive. Once I stopped taking it I swore I never would again but my skin got really bad in the last few years so I finally, reluctantly, decided to try again. I have virtually no side effects from this pill. My mood hasn't changed, I haven't gained weight (although I went from a C cup to a D cup) and, for the first time in years, my skin is clear. I had spotting the first two months I took it but that's gone away and now my period is super light.”

Very Pleased July 10, 2010

For Birth Control: “I was very scared about all the side effects of birth control. However, I recently got married and we had used abstinence during our year and a half of dating and I needed a birth control for after we got married and this is what I was given. I am going on my 4th month now and have experienced none of the side effects. I eat healthy and live an active lifestyle and don't ever workout and I haven't gained any weight. I had mood swings before I got on any birth control usually right before my period and that is kind of the regular for me even with this pill. My skin is a lot clearer. My boobs did get bigger for a little while there. My periods are either light or non existent. I take this pill every night at 10 so I don't experience nausea as I'm asleep.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2012

For Birth Control: “I am 20 years old, and this was my first method of birth control. After reading so many horrible reviews, I was very nervous and scared about taking this pill, but now going on my third month of taking Microgestin Fe 1/20 I can only say how much I LOVE IT! I have not had any side effects. So remember everyone is different, therefore our bodies will react differently. Don't be completely influenced by all the bad reviews, just give it a try! Good luck.”

miki · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 12, 2020

For Birth Control: “This birth control destroyed my mental state, after being on it for a month I started to spiral into depression and suicidal thoughts, no interest in the activities I used to love like doing art or going on adventures. I would go into a rage or break down sobbing over the smallest things. Hot flashes all the time, breaking out on my chin and nose. I hate this birth control so much, I'm now off it and I'm never taking the pill again because of this experience, I'll be finding an alternative BC.”

Mick · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 14, 2020

For Birth Control: “My insurance had changed my usual pill to this one Microgestin Fe 1/20 due to insurance and it has been terrible. I have constant depression and anxiety. I'm always angry over small things and it does not even help my heavy periods/cramping which is what I take the pill for. I will be switching again and paying the difference just so I don't have to go through this anymore.”

A. Rose May 10, 2014

For Birth Control: “I have been taking these pills for the past two months. Usually I'm a very rational person, but after taking them I have extreme mood swings, and minor disagreements turn into week-long fights. I stopped taking them last night due to it almost ending my relationship. No pill should be able to cause such a drastic difference in personality. I also have irregular bleeding between periods, but hey at least I'm not pregnant.”

JaneStan June 19, 2009

For Birth Control: “Wow. It sure did the job. No pregnancies because I lost my sex drive and became dry. I don't do any drugs nor smoke. And I had mood swings that were insane. Once, I got to the point were I couldn't go to sleep at night and went through my boyfriend's phone and accused him of cheating. So just please beware and if others are noticing symptoms, I hope they speak out because I didn't come to terms with it until I reached a scary point.”