User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 10 reviews 160 medications

Acne 15 reviews 523 medications

4.3
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 398 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Menstrual Disorders "This has done absolutely nothing. I was put on Junel Fe and that did wonders for me: clearing up acne, helping with weakness and cramps. However my local pharmacy switched me to this. I never ever write bad reviews but I feel so strongly about this I have to. My cramps are equally as painful as before going on the pill, my acne has flared, my mood has worsened, and I've had horrific headaches. Totally the worst thing in the world. Now I'm sitting in an 18 hour long car ride with some of the worst cramps I've ever had. No point in taking the medicine for period symptoms of it does absolutely nothing."

Emmy637 August 19, 2016

For Birth Control "By reading the reviews I was shocked by all of the negative comments & terrible side effects. I've been on this pill for two months & I am loving it. I was on ortho tricyclen before and that was terrible. I got off of it due to how bad my mood swings were. Ever since I've been on this pill I haven't had any weight gain, my face is clear (every once in a while I'll get pimples on my face & breast) but I think that is because I live a very active lifestyle. My moods have been the same. The only difference that I experienced was my sex drive, it seemed to have decreased a bit but nothing major."

Anonymous August 17, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control is okay. It was my first experience with taking the pill. The first month I had really bad nausea, but then it just went away. It also caused me to get frequent migraines. I've always been a migraine sufferer but there were more days with migraines than there were without. It helped a lot with my acne, it went from breaking out everyday to maybe once or twice every two weeks or so. It helped with the length and heaviness of my period and cramps weren't nearly as bad as they had once been. Unfortunately, I started getting two periods a month so my doctor changed my prescription."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Was prescribed this form of birth control for the horrendous period cramps I've struggled with since first starting my periods back when I was 11, always has been a major issue, no solutions were able to be found regardless of all the 'natural' means I had tried. Very effective in eliminating cramps and lessening the flow, am not left only to lay in bed in agony, often forget that I'm having my period now. No real side effects besides muscle cramps at times and very sore breasts off & on, along with mood swings, but it has been very worth it, wish I had gotten on these pills sooner, quality of life is much better. Highly recommend trying them, it has been life changing."

Anonymous August 16, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Well I had my baby on June 17 and I want to get on birth control pills so I ask my on/gym for some so she prescribe me some pills so after my postpartum was up I was taking the pills for 12 white pills and it seem like every time I take it I be sick headache back pain feeling hot stomach pain and burning sensation in my side and back but I been feeling sick every since I'm going to stop taking this medication I already have two beautiful girl Santeria and Mariah and I don't want anymore just going to go to the doctor for a full check up cause my cycle is crazy one day I bleed a little then it turn Brown blood then it turn back red going to get check soon as possible it starting to worry me"

kita1992 August 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Switched to this from Lo Loestrin FE due to insurance only covering generics. There's no generic form of Lo Loestrin FE, so I was given what I was told would be the most similar pill. Unfortunately it didn't work out. I've gained weight, feel bloated often, started getting acne again at age 32, feel tired/moody/depressed with less interest in sex...but the worst is the headaches. They start at random times with no apparent trigger and can last as long as 48 hours. They do not respond to any over the counter medications. They can be very severe and often make it impossible to work, sleep, and enjoy life. I had no side effects with Lo Loestrin FE, except positive ones like lighter periods, so I think I'll be switching back despite the cost."

ElizabethDB August 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm going to give you the total rundown of this pill because I couldn't find one single descriptive review and my anxiety was through the roof when I first started. I am 18 years old with terrible, irregular heavy flow so my doctor prescribed this for me. My mom also wanted me to be safe if I were to try anything with my boyfriend. So, I am 5'2, around 107 pounds and I have been taking this for almost 2 months now. I have not gained any weight nor have I experienced any acne, if anything, I've lost 3 pounds and my skin is glowy (mind you, I am a couch potato). I did, although, experience nausea every day. I started at 6 PM-I would wake up in the middle of the night with low blood pressure. Don't recommend this starting time. Helped flow!"

iMichelle0898 August 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Horrible !!! I switched from Lo Loestrein Fe to microestregin due to insurance. Going on my third month! Ever since , I've gained 15-20 pounds. I live a very active lifestyle and for The most part I eat super healthy. I've been experiencing horrible headaches along with moods swings and heartburn, besides my gained weight. I DO NOT recommend this bc! I am certainly going back to Lo Loestrin Fe. Screw this bc"

Lupe Guzman August 12, 2016

For Acne "This pill has destroyed my skin. I had acne that had final,y gone to the wayside for he last 6 years that came back with a vengeance after two complete packs of this medicine. I started it for bleeding, which totally stopped, but the cystic acne is all over my jawline and neck and even painful. Worst I've ever ever had. I'll take the bleeding any day. I am a NP and as soon as I discovered the issue I asked my doctor for aldactone and antibiotics to add to my already much increased topicals. Even the heaviest stuff isn't working and I am even considering the dreaded accutane temporarily to dispose of this cystic acne. My dermatologist said she has seen awful acne with this BC. It's going in the trash."

NP Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

For Birth Control "i took this birth control for 7 months straight and my periods continued to get less and less each time and every month they would come 2 weeks early during the white pills, and my period has stil not regulated and on the 7th month i had no period at all!!! lots of cramping and feeling like pregnant but was not. horrible!!! i have not lost any baby weight at all bc of this pill!! do not recommend!!!"

brookiecookie August 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I only took it for a week but it caused horrible headaches that were borderline migraines. They would start about 30-45 minutes after taking the pill and would not go away until I went to sleep. I was naseous and dizzy constantly and I would be very warm and hot. It was also causing heart burn which is something that I've never had before taking this pill. I also had zero interest in sex."

SAHD (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

For Birth Control "This pull is awful. I've been on it for a year now, & my breast have gone from a B-D (not fun having to go buy all new bras) & they basically always have a tender feeling. I've gained about 15-20 pounds. I live a very active lifestyle & eat very well. I could literally starve myself & can't lose the weight I've gained from this pill. As well, the low sex drive is crazy. & don't miss your pill whatever you do. You will start spitting ASAP. I thought I was crazy until I read these post, & I'm so glad I'm not alone. Oh, & I get horrible headaches now due to this pill."

leelee2014 August 8, 2016

For Birth Control "My first time taking birth control my gyno put me on lo loestrin Fe 1/20 and my hormonal acne cleared up, my sex drive was fine, overall great pill. Then I had to switch to microgestin Fe 1/20 because insurance didn't cover lo loestrin Fe 1/20. Ever since I started taking microgestin I have had horrible acne and started off with horrible mood swings and I'm on month four right now and have recently been experiencing some anxiety and nausea I think due to this pill. Going to my gyno tomorrow to switch back to lo loestrin fe 1/20 even if it is more costly. Microgestin Fe is horrible I do not recommend especially if you are prone to having acne which is one of the main reasons I started taking BC."

Sammie s (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill made me so crazy and bi polar I have never expercied in my life! I couldn't even take on month of it I was costantly crying and depressed! I gained over 10 pounds within the last month I will never ever again use this birth control"

Worst Pill Ever (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I got pregnant on this pill at 40! Missed four menstrual cycles in less than a year. Find something else to use."

Wouldntu (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 29, 2016

For Birth Control "My first month on this pill, I've had the most horrible cramps I've had in my life. Hands down. This also made my period WAY heavier. I bled through tampons, and a maxi pad at the same time. Given the fact that I got on this birth control to get rid of my periods, this was crazy. I know it will take up to 3 months for my body to get used to these hormones, but this experience overall has just been horrible."

TashaKs July 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I used to take loliestrin 24 and it was great! But my insurance doesnt cover it. On Loloestrin I Lost weight, no mood swings and no periods. This however is the opposite. Its been 2 month i'm super bloated, always tired and had my period for 2 weeks now. Super annoying. Im not sure if I can wait 3 months. I will try and see if it gets better. So far its sucks"

Rondei July 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I have used Loestrin Fe and Gildess Fe in the past and never had an issue with either. I was on Gildess up until a couple months ago, when my pharmacy switched me to Microgestin Fe 1/20 and told me that it was exactly the same as Gildess. The first time I got my period on Microgestin, my face, neck, back, and crotch broke out in a scaly, red, incredibly itchy rash. I couldn't figure out what had caused this awful rash (that lasted for a week) until a month later, at the same time of month, the rash returned. I'm going to see my gyn and getting a new prescription because my experience with Microgestin has been awful."

avgbear July 26, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I just started my second pack of microgestin fe 1/20 and I cannot complain! I definitely have the side effect of feeling a little sick, but that is to be expected. My first month of using it I also had started working out and I actually lost 7 or 8 pounds, so I had no problem with my weight. I'm sure it is based upon your body, but if you maintain a healthy lifestyle weight gain should not be a problem. I started taking this due to the unreal pain I was experiencing while I was on my period. This past one was nothing! I had zero pain and it was extremely light and only lasted about 2 days. It was so nice! My only complaint is my stomach hurting during the first few days of pills."

TayloreH July 25, 2016

For Birth Control "Horrible!!!!! I got my implanon taken out and decided to switch to the pill. Biggest mistake ever! I feel extremely tired all the time. I haven't had problem with acne in years and now all of a sudden my face has been breaking out! I'm extremely moody. I don't like the way it makes me feel at all. I've only been on it for about 2 weeks and will be stopping it asap!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I started the first pack last year, and when I got to the placebo week, I was in extreme stomach pain for a few days and got scared, so I stopped taking the pill altogether. But this might be because of the stressful experiences I was having in life. Now, half a year later, I decided to continue the next two packs because I just started dating someone new and we don't like condoms. No pain, it regulated my period (and it lasted only three days with light flow thankfully), but the one annoying thing was that before I started the pill again and was getting busy with the bf, I could easily get wet and aroused but after taking the pill, I experienced continuous vaginal dryness. So this pill gets a meeehh/10."

Ehh? (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for about a year now and I actually went on it because of my awful mood swings. I would uncontrollably cry about anything and everything so I figured maybe birth control would help even out my hormone levels. I think it has helped with evening out my hormones and controlling my mood swings although I still have days where I am awfully moody. I did gain a little weight on it.. nothing noticeable to the outside world except me. I've always had acne prone skin and it hasn't helped or worsened it. Overall it's been pretty good although I am trying to switch to an implant because I've gotten annoyed with taking it every day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Initially I liked this pill. My skin was glowing and my boobs were getting bigger. I didn't feel hungrier, overall I felt good. But around the 2 1/2 month mark I started to retain water big time all over. I know it wasn't my diet , and I was exercising. I know my lifestyle was on point, so I was happy to jump on the scale and weigh myself cuz I am still trying to lose the baby weigh of my 4 month old. Shocking to me, I did Not lose any weight (not one pound). The scale was the same as a month of dieting & exercising. I was soooo bummed. I stopped taking the pill and in 4 days I lost 7 pounds. I hope this helps. Good luck ladies."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

For Acne "my story with this medication is so strange. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago and since then I've been taking microgestian 1/20. For about 4 years it really helped keep my skin clear and balance out my hormone levels. Back in January I was living away from home and ran out. I didn't find a new endriconologist until about May. She prescribed me a higher dosage of microgestian which was the 1.5. I took two packs of this and my skin resulted in the worst cystic acne since I was a teenager. I stopped taking it and asked her to put me on the old prescription of 1/20. I've been on that one for two packs and am currently on the third pack. I've seen no improvement on my skin and actually think it's getting worse. Any advice?"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this after being on lo loestrin fe for a year. I have incredibly painful periods and wanted some relief... However, after starting this birth control I have gained about 7-10 pounds and gone up a couple clothes sizes. NONE of my clothes fit and my breasts have gone up a cup size. On my small frame, the weight gain is significant!! It looks like I am 4 months pregnant, and considering I have been on this pill for 3 months and not gotten my period, I've been freaking out. Pregnancy tests say I'm all clear, but I am having all the negative pregnancy symptoms. I also have had decreased sex drive and it is causing strain in my relationship... I'm getting off this pill and never looking back!!"

HW12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2016