User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 11 reviews 167 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 10 reviews 97 medications

Acne 18 reviews 528 medications

Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 458 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I started taking this a month ago and my skin has cleared up quite a bit but the downsides are too many. I have had breakthrough bleeding (which was expected so not such an issue) but extreme mood changes within just a few weeks. I feel negative constantly and so unbelievably tired, the worst part of all is the nausea. I am nauseous all the time and am having a really hard time doing normal things like working out. I did not gain any weight and have lost my appetite due to the nausea. I went on this medication to help with migraines and admittedly have had fewer but the other side effects aren't worth it."

madison9099 February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for almost 4 years. I absolutely love it I've had no problems nor side affects. I started taking this BC because I had severe painful acne all over my face and the my doc decided since I wasn't in any BC this should help clear up my acne and be protected at the same time. Although I didn't want to take it because my husband and I wanted to try for another baby right after I had my son that was 4 years she ago. So In December of 2016 I stopped taking it because now my son is 4 and we want to try for another baby and it sucks as much as I want a baby I wish I can still take it I'm gaining weight. Im getting acne all over again. And well I have not gotten pregnant yet. If I don't get pregnant by July I'll be back"

Jess 87 February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was on mononessa and my doctor switch me to microgestin saying there are less side effects. Worst mistake I ever made. I used mononessa without having one complaint. It's been one week I started microgestin and I'm having chest pain, headaches, feeling nauseous and tired all the time and I can't sleep at nights."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I'm tempted to leave a crappy rating for this type of birth control since I did experience negative side effects, but it did do it's job of allowing me to continue to beat teen pregnancy so I had to give it a little credit. Honestly, Microgestin Fe 1/20 makes you feel like you're the size of a killer whale at all times. BLOATED as anything. Lost lot of energy... aka walking five minutes away to class was like practically climbing Mt. Everest. Also, if you don't take your pill with food, you'll feel about ready to vomit for the rest of the day/night. Gained a whopping 6 pounds in one month while taking this bad boy. Not blaming my weight on the pill itself, but the intense hunger pangs it caused me to have without me even fully realizing."

Anonymous February 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Microgestin FE 1/20 after finding out my insurance didn't cover Loloestrin Fe 1/20. Thought I'd give it a try since my provider said it's similar to loloestrin, however it has a higher dose of estrogen, and she suggested that no other BC will have lower estrogen than loloestrin. Paying for it out of pocket would be about $120 a month. I was on Microgestin for 2 weeks. I know that's not long enough but it was long enough for me! My breasts were way sensitive and tender to the point that laying on my side felt uncomfortable and the reason why I decided to stop it all together was because sex was painful! My vagina was so dry that although I wanted to have sex, my parts weren't working with me! LOL."

desertdry1 February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I am 42 years old just started taking Microgestin FE 1/20 for nine days before developing shortness of breath and inability to sleep. Called my Doctor's office to inform and was told to stop taking the pill. Hoping I will have better luck with a different brand."

Saltlife2014 (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This birth control works fine. I have no complaints about it. However the company just changed their packaging to a larger size which does not fit discreetly into my pocket or makeup pouch as easily. I will find a medication to replace it for this reason or upgrade to an IUD. It seems like packaging would not be such a big deal but I feel the update was not necessary and I am a very private person."

Dani089 February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Save yourself and DO NOT take this. I've been on BC since I was 15 and have never had this many problems. I've literally been on this pill for one WEEK and every single night I've had the most insane and vivid dreams. Last night I woke up in a full blown panic attack, racing heart, beading sweats. I've never had issues with anxiety and or panic attacks up until I've started taking this pill. In addition to the terrible sleep, every day I get a new GIANT boil/cyst pimple. I've always had very clear and non-oily skin up until now. These are not normal pimples with heads but huge, painful, and hard ones. I wouldn't wish these symptoms on my worst enemy. I am taking these and flushing them down the toilet. I'd rather be knocked up! its that bad"

26 FL (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for almost 3 years. I think its a little silly seeing people who have only been on this pill for a month-under a year comment on here because I did not see the effect this pill took on me until a year or two down the road, but I suppose everyone is different. Anyway, for the first 9 months- a year or so I was experiencing minor headaches from this pill, I did not gain or lose any weight that I was aware of, but I am also a very active person. Further, my period was nearly constant for the first few months on the pill, & prior to starting Microgestin my period was very regular. I could predict its start & end dates easily & it came right on time every month. Now however, I rarely have a period at all, & its awesome!"

KaylaSteele February 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Microgestin has more pros than cons for me. I have been on for almost a month now and not only am I not pregnant but I went from a 34C to a D cup (yeaah boi) but I also have gained like 7-8 pounds, but that could be from the hearty eating. My chest acne has pretty much cleared up, my face is eh though. My sex drive is through the roof. I've gotten a lot of minor headaches, and I'm a little emotional. Eager to see what my results will be after 3 months. This pill ain't too shabby"

MaryJaneHolland (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I wanted to write a review because I see so many people saying it caused them side effects, so I wanted to share a positve review so potential users aren't afraid to try it. I had no side effects whatsoever from this drug. I've been on it for 8 years and haven't gotten pregnant so it is definitely effective. And a bonus has been much lighter periods."

Jen15689 February 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I took this for a total of three weeks. WORST PILL EVER. In that time period, I gained 10 pounds, was bloated all the time, and had the worst stomach pains and headaches. I have never been hungrier than I was when I took this, except every time I eat my stomach puffed up and became hard to the point where it was uncomfortable even to lay down. During the time, I think I actually was depressed from the weight gain and pain. When I finally got my period, I was in so much pain that I laid in bed for two whole days and felt nauseous with sharp cramps and couldn't even move to turn in bed. I also lost 10 times more blood than ever before on my period. Overall, I have never felt sicker while taking this pill."

amelial123 February 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I actually really enjoyed taking Microgestin! I was on Loestrin for about 7 years when my insurance stopped covering it so I had to switch, I went thru gildess, Yasmin, Yaz etc. hated them all until I got on Microgestin. I never really had any side effects, no cramping, no break through bleeding. I did have some very mild weight gain & anxiety throughout the time I was taking the pill but I don't attribute it Microgestin. The one thing I will say is that once I started this pill, I stopped having periods which can be a bit unsettling for some women who like that reassurance, so just thought I'd put that out there. For me - as someone who had very heavy and painful periods in the past - not having periods was a godsend."

StephTX February 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth Control since September of 2016 and it is now February of 2017 and I am having to switch birth controls. I was having heavy bleeding in my periods and severe cramping. My skin was relatively perfect. I never got acne, besides maybe 1 zit every month or so. When I first started this birth Control, I started to get some acne. It wasn't anything to alarming, because I thought it was normal and it would clear up quickly and would be done. But this acne did not clear up. Over the months, my skin has gotten to the point where I don't want to leave my house without face makeup to cover up my acne and scarring. This BC has broken me out severely. My bleeding has reduced some but my cramps are still severe on most periods"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for almost 5 months now and initially the only side effect I experienced was extremely sore and tender breasts. I've been nauseous all the time and I hate even the thought of eating food. My appetite sucks. I have to take anti nausea medicine daily. My irregular periods are regulated and light"

CreeNeely February 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for 4 years now and love it! No crazy side effects, and light periods."

Monica4321 January 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was put on this medication to help with pain associated with endometriosis. I have suffered with it for years. When I first started it, I had break through bleeding, extremely sore breasts and mood swings. Eventually after a couple months, my body adjusted and the breast tenderness subsided pretty much and I no longer had irregular bleeding. I was instructed to take this medicine for 3 months continuously and have a period only once every 3 months. I also suffer with migraines so my doctor put me on topomax 50 mg to help prevent them. The medicines interacted each other and I bled so heavily and had labor like cramps. I stopped topomax and my body still hasn't regulated."

AP120906 January 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for over a year and it has treated me very well. My once heavy and irregular periods are extremely light now. No side effects at all. It is doing a great job for me so far!"

Sssm January 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Been on this pill for about 2 years. First birth control pill I've ever been on, so I have nothing to compare it to. For about the first year, this pill was great. Never gained weight, never had acne. My hormones never seemed to go crazy. However, my periods have seemed to get worse with the pill. On average before the pill, my period came for 5 days. I didn't have major cramping or extremely heavy bleeding. On the pill, I seem to have the opposite. My cramps are so bad that sometimes I get in the fetal position on the bed and hold a heating pad to my stomach. I've had periods skip before, but now for the past 3 or 4 months, I've had spotting between periods. I get a period basically every 2 weeks now, and they last for 6-7 days."

Nakil (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Best birth control!!!!!!!No problems, no period for over 4 years now...No complaints. Never been pregnant!!Hooray!"

fuzzynavel (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I gave it two stars, only because it keeps me from getting pregnant. My gynecologist suggested this birth control for me because I asked her for something that can help with my acne. First of all, it made my acne worst. I haven't seen my face this bad since my teenage years. I would also like to note that this is my third month on birth control. I had Aubra before that was given to me at Planned Parenthood. I haven't gotten a period since I started birth control, but I think that's because my body is still trying to get used to the hormones. I also do get cramps on the week I don't take the pills. They are feel so bad. Sometimes I can't do anything because it hurts really bad and I don't even bleed when I get them!"

Aimsssssssss (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I am only on week 2 so I myself need to bare with it..I've so far noticed a dramatic appetite increase, irritability and a slight headaches... I can only hope this goes away!!"

Michelle Rae January 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I switched to this brand because my local pharmacy didn't carry Tarina Fe. I was only on this pill for 4 days and within those four days I lost my appetite and had mild headaches. I didn't think too much of it until the fourth day when I had the worst migraine (the ones you feel in your eyes) of my life along with nausea to the point where I would get out of bed and start gagging. I felt so sick and my head hurt so bad that I couldn't even watch tv or listen to music to ease anything. However, within the four days I didn't cry as much as I did on Tarina Fe... which is worth something."

crampyyy (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been using this pill for a yr now to have regular periods because I don't have periods and to also ovulate every month which the pill did help me. But the side effects are the worse which is nausea, weight gain, breast larger, tender hurting a lot, mood swings, depression, emotional, change in appetite, nervous, headaches. I'm be using my last two packs and I'm done with the BC pills all together. Hate that my body went thru so much changes."

Honey b January 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I honestly didn't realize how much I loved this birth control until I switched. I'm currently taking Jolessa and it's horrible. Microgestin was perfect for me because I would never bleed in between, I wasn't emotional and I didn't gain weight. I also took my packs back to back for 3 months and I wouldn't spot until I was off of it. Really need to get back on this BC."

LaraDoc January 10, 2017