Microgestin Fe 1/20 - Breakthrough bleeding or period, with cramps, while taking active Microgestin?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 15, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Some women can experience irregular bleeding cycles when they start taking the pill. If you are taking your pills as prescribed, daily, etc. then this bleeding would be breakthrough bleeding as you will get your period at the normal time when you are about half way through week 4 of the pack. If irregular bleeding occurs after you have been on the pill for more than 3 months, then please let your doctor know.
Related Medical Questions
- Birth control. Do I have to take the brown pills?
- Why are the Trinessa birth control pills colored differently for different weeks? When do I start?
- Does Macrobid make birth control pills less effective?
- Is this normal - spotting and stomach cramps from starting birth control pills?
- How long after having a Depo Provera shot can you have unprotected sex?
- When will I get my first period after inserting the Implanon implant?
- Can Mononessa cause acne?
- Microgestin Fe 1 / 20 Information for Consumers
- Microgestin Fe 1 / 20 Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Microgestin Fe 1 / 20 (detailed)