Microgestin Fe 1/20 - Breakthrough bleeding or period, with cramps, while taking active Microgestin?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 15, 2019.
Some women can experience irregular bleeding cycles when they start taking the pill. If you are taking your pills as prescribed, daily, etc. then this bleeding would be breakthrough bleeding as you will get your period at the normal time when you are about half way through week 4 of the pack. If irregular bleeding occurs after you have been on the pill for more than 3 months, then please let your doctor know.
Related Medical Questions
- Birth control. Do I have to take the brown pills?
- Why are my nipples sore? 7 possible causes
- Do antibiotics affect the morning after pill?
- What are the side effects of IUDs?
- Can antibiotics delay or make your period late?
- When do I start taking Diane pills for birth control?
- Can Kyleena cause weight gain?
- After having a Kyleena insertion, how long do I have to wait to have intercourse?
- When will I get my first period after inserting the Implanon implant?
- Is this normal - spotting and stomach cramps from starting birth control pills?
- Can Kyleena cause acne?
- Mirena, Kyleena, Skyla & Liletta - What's the difference?
- Why are the Trinessa birth control pills colored differently for different weeks? When do I start?
- How long after having a Depo Provera shot can you have unprotected sex?
- Twirla vs Xulane: How do they compare?
- Is it okay to take Vyvanse while on birth control?
- Microgestin Fe 1/20 Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Microgestin Fe 1/20 (detailed)