Microgestin Fe 1/20 - Breakthrough bleeding or period, with cramps, while taking active Microgestin?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 5, 2022.
Some women can experience irregular bleeding cycles when they start taking the pill. If you are taking your pills as prescribed, daily, etc. then this bleeding would be breakthrough bleeding as you will get your period at the normal time when you are about half way through week 4 of the pack. If irregular bleeding occurs after you have been on the pill for more than 3 months, then please let your doctor know.
Related Medical Questions
- Birth control. Do I have to take the brown pills?
- Can antibiotics delay or make your period late?
- How long do antibiotics affect birth control?
- Microgestin Fe 1/20 Information for Consumers
- Microgestin Fe 1/20 Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Microgestin Fe 1/20 (detailed)