User Reviews for Larissia

Birth Control
3.8

Summary of Larissia reviews 3.8 16 reviews

Reviews for Larissia

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 3 months. I was originally on Orsythia which worked well for me, then my pharmacy gave me Larissia instead since they are both generics. It gave me cystic acne the first month and now I have not had a withdrawal bleed for 2 months which made me think I was pregnant when I really wasn't. I also had cramps all throughout the last 3 months."

Caitlin (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Larissa about 3 months ago and it has caused major breakouts on my face and my back. I was suffering from mild adult acne prior to taking Larissa and when I started taking this pill I noticed huge welts on my back and my face was breaking out in cystic acne. I have also gained about 10 pounds in 3 months. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing for me because I needed to gain a little bit away, but just putting it out there as a warning. Mood swings were not too bad but found myself thinking very negatively and mood would fluctuate. This pill is not for me. My doctor has prescribed me Nikki and I will start taking it on Monday."

Julianna.s (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Larissia to help with my unbearable period cramps which I’ve been putting up with for years. I’ve always been hesistent to start birth control, fearful of the side effects but I had very minor side effects with this one. During my first month while my body was adjusting I developed an allergic reaction to all my makeup, but after going makeup-free for a month I was fine and can wear all my same products again. The worst of it was minor weight gain (about 5 pounds) and night sweats. My gyno is switching me to up my estrogen to help with that, but other than that happy with Larissia! Really helped my with my cramps which is why I started it."

Adrianna (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I would not recommend. Not only have I gained weight, I started breakthrough bleeding in the middle of taking these pills. Along with cramps, mood swings the whole works."

Red (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this pill almost 3 weeks ago after having my second child my doctor said it was great and one of her favorites to perscribe , I have never had any trouble with any of my other brands of birth control but this one has caused a 3 week long period ( bright red with no end in sight ) and bad cramps ( I am switching as soon as I can )"

Fi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2018

For Birth Control "Since my other birth control got discontinued, they switched this to me. I had no side effects with this at all, minor small pimples, I lost six pounds on this and my appetite isn’t as big as it once was before. I have no complaints."

Gigi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Pharmacy ran out of my normal BC (Falmina) and gave me this saying it was the same thing. Whew, they were horribly wrong. I had the worst acne of my life on my face and back (I’ve never had b-acne, and my face cleared up while on falmina) and I would get horrible cramps on Larissia. I had to endure this for 6 months until they finally received my Falmina again"

Elle (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "Larissia gave me cystic acne. My face is terrible now. I don't even want to look in the mirror. The pharmacy also switched me from a different brand to this one. I hate it. I took it for a month, I asked my doctor to switch back to my old one. Hopefully it will fix it back. Disgusted with this brand."

User (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

For Birth Control "Only positive is I'm not pregnant after being on it for 2 months & my acne has cleared it. Otherwise, I've gained 10lbs (also have PCOS), have been extremely moody, have had horrible cramping (especially on my period), and my periods are either a week late or a week early with spotting in between. I'm going back to Ortho Tri Cyclen. This is the worst BC ever!"

hbhostetter (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2018

For Birth Control "My pharmacy randomly switched me to Larissia. I’ve been taking it for 3 months. Within these 3 months I’ve been breaking out like crazy (generally pretty clear skin), got canker sores (never get them), have had awful mood swings and hormone imbalances, my face has been swollen, and during my last couple periods I’ve had cramps (which is the whole reason I started birth control so long ago). I’m actually livid at this brand, company, & my pharmacy for randomly switching me to this stuff. At first I thought it was cute since the brand on the box is my name, but it’s the worst birth control I’ve ever ever been on. Not even worth a 1/10."

Larissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Birth Control "My daughter had been taking this for 3 months. She's pregnant. Thanks Larissa"

Chris (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2018

For Birth Control "Larissia has few side effects compared to others but did cause cystic acne"

Nina (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Since there aren't many reviews for this brand and most of them aren't that great, I thought I'd share my experience since the reviews here scared me a little. I went on BC for the first time and started out with Sprintec, which was AWFUL. I had horrible mood swings, nausea, and it was making me depressed. I immediately switched, and the first week on Larissia I was still feeling this way but that's probably just the Sprintec wearing off. Now, I feel great, no mood swings, and it's even making me grow in 'all the right places'. So pleased with this pill!"

First Time BC User (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2018

For Birth Control "This is my first time taking birth control pills and this has been the WORST experience EVER!!! Spotting for 2 weeks, followed by an extremely heavy period with the biggest blood clots I've ever seen!! In addition I've had migraines, bloating, canker sores, (which I've never had in my entire 40yrs if life) horrible cramping and mood swings!!! I got on BC to to avoid having period because of my anemia and yet on this pill I've been spotting/bleeding for 3 weeks now!! Worst medicine EVER!! Will be discontinuing IMMEDIATELY!!!!!"

Nelly April 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I recently switched to this about a month ago and within this month I have had major mood swings. They are so bad, one second I’m hysterically crying over the dumbest things and then next I’m mad or happy. Will be changing to another."

haicourtney December 25, 2017

For Birth Control "took this for 1 month and experienced no major mood swings or nausea. However, immediately, I got CANKER sores (I never get these) and pimples (when my complexion is generally clear). Then I had light spotting for a few days about 1.5 weeks prior to when my period should have came - then it was followed by heavy breakthrough bleeding. Can't recommend this if you're trying to regulate your period. Will be switching to a different brand."

Annabellinthecity (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017

More about Larissia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Alesse, Aviane, Lutera, Seasonique, ... +42 more