User Reviews for Larissia to treat Birth Control

Larissia has an average rating of 4.4 out of 10 from a total of 132 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 29% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 54% reported a negative effect.

Larissia Rating Summary

4.4/10 average rating

Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Larissia

Ash · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 20, 2021

“Made me feel completely normal. No bad side effects, periods always came on the sugar pills. Been on it for almost a year now.”

Good birth control! · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2021

“I’ve had absolutely no adverse side effects that you find with typical BC (headaches, weight gain, acne, mood swings). However, I have had absolutely NO sex drive what so ever. The whole reason I got on BC is to have protected sex, and now I don’t even feel like doing that. I also used to get wet down there and now it’s like a Sahara desert down there. Which all jokes aside, had made sex painful for me even with lubricant. I wish I could stay on it because it is a really good birth control, but I refuse to have painful sex and I want my WAP back. Other than that, it’s a good birth control.”

Rachel · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 16, 2021

“This birth control is awful. It gives me the worst spotting... for three weeks of the month! Gosh, I want to have birth control so I can have sex, not so I'm bleeding all the time.”

lab · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 15, 2021

“Personally Larissia works very well for me. I've been on it for about 3 years now maybe even more and my acne is minimal, my weight is under control and I haven’t had trouble with weight gain. Also my periods are light rarely ever have a heavy flow and with the amount of times I've been sexually active with my partner I never have once worried about pregnancy and we don't use condoms and he doesn't pull out. I’m just being brutally honest I hope this helps some girls out there!”

Anonymous April 15, 2021

“I’ve been on Larrisa for over two years now, I started taking it when I was 17 because I had horrible periods ever since I started menstruating. I’ve had no side effects of any kind luckily because I know most women struggle to find a good birth control for them. My period has stayed regular and consistent( I track it), I actually lost weight when taking it going from 180 lbs to 140 in about a year, my diet didn’t change and I didn’t do any extra exercise I just lost weight. My periods are much more manageable now then they were before I started taking it, before I started it I had to miss school every month because I would be so sick and nauseous from the cramps. Now while I am on it my cramps can still be pretty bad usually on the first day on my cycle, I am able to still go to work and do my daily activities with some medication to help the pain.”

21 years old · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 7, 2021

“Going on month six of the Larissia birth control and it is the best birth control I have taken. Before I started it I came here to read reviews and got very nervous based on the negative effects people were experiencing. All I can say is you have to try it for yourself because everyone’s body is different. I have experienced no crazy mood swings, no depressing thoughts, and no high anxiety. Unlike the other birth controls I have tried in the past that make me lose my sex drive and become dry, this one increased it!!! It feels like I’m not even on birth control. I’ve had no pregnancy scares (I do take it daily and don’t miss a day) and have had no problems with it. The only negative I can give this pill is that it didn’t take away my acne but definitely didn’t make my acne worse. Don’t let reviews scare you away from trying a birth control because it could work the best for your body!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2021

“I was on Nexplanon for about 6 years before switching to Larissia. I have been on Larissia going on 3 months and feel like my appetite is uncontrollable and I’ve gained about 20 pounds. I also have noticed I cry much easier now and I get heavier cramps and back pain. I got off of the nexplanon for irregular spotting but I’ll take that any day over this BC. I understand everyone is different but I’ve never gained weight as easily as I have this past 3 months.”

Jane December 21, 2020

“I stated taking Larissa last month so I’m on my second pack. I took it to help with spotting which is a symptom of the nexplanon. I haven’t noticed any change in my mood and behavior. I haven’t gained any weight I’ve actually lost some weight. It also didn’t do much for my acne, I still get some acne but it’s nothing I’m not used to. Overall I like the birth control, all I will say is every ones body is different and just because someone had a bad experience on birth control it doesn’t mean you will.”

Kayla · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 11, 2019

“So I love Larissa! It has made my skin clear except when I’m coming on my cycle. My partner always finishes in me and never once missed my period! It also has synced with my regular previous cycle so . I haven’t had any problems with bleeding! It’s been really effective for my body.”

nikki · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2019

“Larissia is the best experience ever with this birth control. Ever since I started taking it I felt happier, less anxious and depressed, except for when I’m on the non hormone pills. My face has cleared up a lot and get only 2 or 3 pimples right before my period. I have no cramps during my periods or feel nauseous any time while on the pill. I was most scared of gaining weight while on the pill but so far have not gained any which is the best part!”

Ker · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2021

“I’m 40 and my doctor recommended that I try birth control to help control with mid cycle bleeding and horrible periods. I took this birth control for the first month and was so sick everyday for that entire month. I was nauseous, bloated, anxious, and had a headache that I just couldn’t shake. It increased my acid reflux to the point that I had to sleep sitting up. I took two pills from the second pack and then threw it out. Best thing I ever did! I’d rather deal with two days of bad period cramps and one day of mid cycle bleeding than having to deal with the side effects from this birth control! One and only positive, my period didn’t require super absorbency tampons and my cramps were not as bad.”

Virgo · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2020

“I started taking Larissia in 2019 and had a good experience. I did not get acne, or any bad side effects, but I had 2 instances where my breasts got bigger all of a sudden and I thought I was pregnant, but wasn’t. If you do not take the pills of the last week and skip straight to a new pack you will not have a period that month. I don’t recommend doing that, though, because it felt weird not having that monthly cleanse. My hormones remained the same as far as emotions, no irate mood swings. It exceeded the pre bias expectations that I already had about birth control”

Anonymous October 29, 2019

“I have taken Larissa for about a year now, I had no problems at all when I started it and no bad symptoms other than a few mood swings which left quickly. It has been overall easy and non problematic. I was scared to start it after reading horrible reviews, but experienced nothing bad that I read about. I would recommend.”

A M · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2020

“I use birth control for period regulation, not to prevent pregnancy. Switched from Junel Fe to Larissa after one year of Junel Fe. Junel Fe was fine for me physically (no crazy weight gain or other side effects) but it was giving me dark thoughts and making me depressed. After the switch to Larissa, I noticed my mood immediately lightening. Very satisfied with the switch.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 28, 2020

“Reading the reviews on here scared me but once I tried the pill for myself it was a good experience. The first month on this birth control Larissia my emotions were all over the place I was constantly upset but after that first month everything was great. I did not get pregnant. My acne went away completely, my hair is looking better. Everyones body is different but for me this birth control was a really good option.”

vicki · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 1, 2020

“I was getting the Depo-Provera shot consistently for 2 years and I got pregnant. I decided to get a medical abortion (the pill) and the doctor proscribed me Larissa. I cannot comment much about the first 2 weeks because I was bleeding heavily due to abortion. My face cleared up a lot in the 6 months I have been taking it. I have not gained any weight and have had not experienced nausea. I do have fibroids on my ovaries causing extremely painful periods. While taking this birth control I have not had a single cramp while menstruating. In addition, I have not gotten pregnant on it, so it seems to be working. Everyone's bodies are different so please keep that in mind. Also, people are quick to report the negative and are not so quick to report the positive. So please keep that in mind when reading all of the comments”

Anonymous October 14, 2018

“Before using this brand for birth control I saw all the reviews and I was so scared to see all the negative reviews it was my first time using birth control and Larissia was my first one. I have been using it for four months now and it has been great - no acne, no water weight or anything. The only downside was the day before my period I will get a extreme cramp and migraine but after the first day of my period it was completely gone I honestly recommend this birth control don’t be afraid about the negative comments you need to know that every girls body work differently I love larissia and you should try it and if it doesn’t work for you then you can let your doctor know and s/he will change it up for you”

Anonymous November 20, 2020

“This is my first birth control I have ever taken, the first month I took it, everything seemed fine but then my period was almost 3 weeks long and felt never ending, but I’m pretty sure that was break through bleeding. I was more excited about the weight gain because I have been a pretty skinny person my whole life, the first month I gained a few pounds but now the 3rd month I have no appetite and I’m dropping weight like crazy. Not to mention before taking this I have always been a laid back, chill person and this BC makes me have terrible mood swings, I almost feel like a completely different person in my own body, and not in a good way. It almost makes me think I’m going crazy. Lastly, ever since I started it I noticed my periods come 3-4 days late and I’ve never had that problem in the past. I wouldn’t recommend this birth control if you don’t want to lose yourself, but it protects against pregnancy great.”

Kay · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 22, 2020

“Larissia is the worst birth control I have ever been on. I was taking it for about 4-6 months and then off it for about 3 weeks (due to issues between my gyno and pharmacy). When I was finally able to get back on it, I noticed I was starting to get horrible red acne on my cheeks and it progressively got worse over time. I have never had acne all my life until now at the age of 23. Neither me nor my dermatologist could figure out why all of the sudden I have these horrible breakouts, but since reading all these reviews this has confirmed it, especially since it started as soon as I was back on Larissia. NONE of the creams he has put me on are working either so I will be switching as soon as I possible can. This has shattered my confidence for sure and I’m scared that I will have scars. I have also gained some weight while on it. As far as preventing pregnancy it has been great so I will give it that. Please do yourself a favor and do not take Larissia!!! Definitely not worth it.”

e.f · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 22, 2020

“It's important to realize everyone has different experiences!! I started this Larissia pill before traveling abroad for a few months so I was extremely nervous about taking it while handling such a drastic life change, but I noticed no mood swings, no change in weight, no acne, and above all I actually had INCREASED libido! I went off of it for a month because I considered getting an IUD but I did notice that after going off of the pill I had a bit more hair loss and my libido went back down. I'm contemplating going back on because I realize I might not find another BC that works as well for me.”

Elle October 5, 2020

“At 44 years old, I've never had an adverse response to BC. I was switched to Larissia for decreased hormones. 1 Week in I was unable to sleep at night. Felt anxious in the evenings... which is extremely unusual. 3rd week in I developed a strange rash below and had extremely upset GI system, diarrhea included. Could not understand what was going on. Referred to symptoms pamphlet & began to connect dots. 1st day on 2nd pack was yesterday. The upset belly became so unbearable and itchiness below has made me call in to work today (as well as diarrhea). I just feel all 'off'. Luckily husband has a vasectomy. I will not be taking BC for this month. I will request my old brand. Perimenopausal symptoms had me back on BC... but I would rather have those symptoms vs side effects from Larissia. I don't want to even try to give it longer. When I was younger, I may have tried one more month, but I've tried a variety in my life to know, this one just doesn't feel right for me.”

kekestimemachine · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 28, 2020

“I switched from Microgestin FE to Larrisia. Microgestin FE gave me terrible anxiety and depression and made me feel like I was an alien in my own body. Switching to Larissia I definitely had some cramping, breakthrough bleeding, mood swings and acne, during my first 2-3 packs of this pill but after a couple months all of those symptoms went away. My first pack I could tell that my boobs were bigger but that went away as well over time. I haven’t gained any weight on this pill (I was actually hoping that I would) and have less acne than I did while on other pills. I would recommend this to a friend.”

Lauren · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 22, 2019

“I love this pill!! I only had spotting the first week of taking it and my hormones were a little whack at first, but went away very quickly. My period is very regular and this helped with my acne a lot. I’ve been on this for almost a year and I’ve never considered switching to another pill.”

Star643 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2020

“Larissia was my first experience with birth control. While taking it I experienced extremely bad heartburn. I previously had acid reflux but hadn’t experienced any symptoms and wasn’t on medications for the past three years until I started taking Larissia. I asked my pharmacy to switch to a different brand Vienva and stopped experiencing the heartburn as soon I started the new brand. Beware, if you do or previously suffered from acid reflux, this medication may make it worse. Also experienced a 2 week long period while taking Larissia but this may be just part of the adjustment process.”

Amy · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2020

“WORST pill I have ever taken. Nonstop spotting and then VERY heavy periods with clots and cramps. Now I am anemic and will never take again. I liked Lo Loestrin Fe but my insurance won't cover it. I know breakthrough bleeding can be normal first few months but this is like Niagra falls. Please be careful if you start this pill.”

Paige · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2020

“When starting Larissa, I was a bit apprehensive about how it would work for me do to what I had heard from other people’s experiences. But after being on it for a month, I have found it works great for me. The only side effect I have experienced are periodic loss of appetite and at the beginning, mood swings. I have not gained any weight or had a drastic increase in acne, if anything it has cleared up my skin. I am very happy with my experience and am glad I am lucky enough for it to work as well as it does on the first try.”

ct4 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 24, 2020

“Prior to Larissa I experienced incredibly painful, heavy and irregular periods. I wasn't able to eat, as my cramps were so bad I'd throw up everything I ate. I'd bleed through a super tampon and a heavy pad within 2 hours. For the first few my periods were still somewhat irregular and heavy--this is typical though, birth control doesn't magically fix all your problems from day 1, it takes a couple months to regulate. Now though, my periods are light, I can predict when they come, and when I do have cramps some acetaminophen or ibuprofen usually takes care of it. I have not gotten pregnant on Larissa, without the supplementation of any other forms of contraceptive, though I am very religious in properly taking the pill.”

momo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 11, 2019

“I have been on many different kinds of birth control and Larissia was by far the absolute worst. The first three months on this birth control I had intense sharp cramps that would be quick and scattered throughout the day and then would last hours in the middle of the night. They were so bad that I would cry and could never fall asleep. I wanted to get off it but my doctor said to wait a couple more months. So I did and after three months they went away. But more symptoms came, migraines, boob tenderness 24/7, and back pain. I had extreme mood swings and when I say extreme I mean it. I would go from being happy to angry to manic to extremely depressed. I would cry over nothing. My boyfriend would see me cry on the couch for hours at a time and there was nothing he could say to stop me. Also I have developed a sensitivity to light and when it is really bad it will make me pass out. I'm finally getting off this garbage and getting a copper iud. Don't take this please. Save yourself.”

More about Larissia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands