User Reviews for Estradiol/norethindrone

Postmenopausal Symptoms 7.2
Summary of Estradiol/norethindrone reviews 7.3 49 reviews

Reviews for Estradiol/norethindrone

Mimi · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2020

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Dr put me on 6 months back. Depression, anxiety, hot flashes n mood swings unbearable. It seemed to do the trick however had water retention and massive hair loss made me stop taking. Probably could have managed the water retention but the hair loss changed my mind to the point I started feeling and seeing bald patches, mounds of hair loss in drain (had very thick hair). Hair falling out non-stop, hair in car, laundry, running my hand through it.”

Green May 29, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Aged 65, I’ve used a prescribed bioidentical progesterone cream for over 15 years. My original complaints were severe night sweats and low mood. I stopped using the cream in 2016 due to its expense. Subsequent physical changes noted were, extremely saggy skin on the stomach, face, breasts, and arms. Additional complaints are severe osteoporosis, memory issues, and incontinence. I’ve used the combination patch (Estriol 50/140) for approx. a year and prior to that an oral combo pill for about 3 months. The positive changes I note are significant skin plumping and a cheerier mood. The overriding negative one is hair loss. My scalp is becoming visible on the top and front of my head, and many irritating short thin hairs have appeared along the scalp line. Hair loss did not occur with use of the bioidentical progesterone cream I’d used for over 15 years.”

Loops May 28, 2020

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was on the CombiPatch for 6 weeks, after about 4 weeks I began bleeding not spotting, having a full period every 2 weeks like a regular period. 6 days prior to taking the patch I was getting hot flashes that disrupted my life, no sleep. After being on the patch the flashes went away instantly and I felt well, however the heavy periods every 2 weeks was not worth it. It was tooo much to bear. My blood pressure went up a bit, and had to change meds. A friend recommend that my doc change the dosage and yes I had every exam in the book even the intra vaginal one (Medical term eludes me now) or sonogram and all results were clear, my fibroids were 3cm nothing unusual. I simply stop using the patch took it off. I couldn’t get to doc due to COVID constraints and everything being shut down. I haven’t had a period or spotting since then. I'm going back to doc when I can. has anyone had the same experience?”

Wanice · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Thank you each and everyone of you for sharing about the combined patch. I just started this patch last week. I loved all the reviews and I fell better about the patch. Thank you, Lekett”

allicat · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 10, 2020

Activella (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I'm on Activelle for 8 yrs now and it was the only HRT that makes me feel my old self. I tried weaning myself off it but then the hot flushes comes back within a day. I would love not to use anything but quality of life is very important for me so I carry on. I tried every "herbal, natural remedy, pill" could find they only worked for peri menopause and not great at all. Two years I struggled every 4 weeks on a different HRT and wanted to go jump off a building, until I went to see my gynea and she gave me Activelle, even my family noticed that the old me was back. Why suffer hey.”

Anonymous January 13, 2020

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I’ve been on this patch for a month and I feel like it saved my sanity!! I was hot flashing constantly, had anxiety, brain fog, moodiness, and was exhausted. I finally feel normal again and got my life back. I might need this patch for the rest of my life, and I’m ok with that. I have had no side of effects with this patch - thank god!!”

Hopeful · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been using the CombiPatch for a week now for menopausal problems. I have had no side effects thus far. I did not have hot flashes, but had night sweats and severe moodiness. I was not a nice person all the time! I also experienced severe anxiety. This patch is very much helping me relax. I coupled the patch with Prozac. I just want to get back to normal! ”

Lisa Caissie · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2019

Activella (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I've been taking Activelle it's been a week for menopause issues, I have more hot flashes which was my reason for starting this medication. I was hoping it would improve my sleep....I'm disappointed in this medication...”

Sulli · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “These patches did not work for me I got it today and I'm on my 3rd patch these are not sticking to me and I wasted 122.00 dollars. ”

Curious September 25, 2019

Mimvey (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “So this review is actually for mimvey. I just feel that norethindrone makes me weaker, have less energy and tied. I sleep 10 hours each night and its really annoying, because I can't wake up before 10 am - this really interferes with my goals in life and work situation. I will ask my obgyn to try a different type of progesterone. No hot flashes at all. No other side effects.”

Happy One · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 5, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been on and off CombiPatch (due to working out of the United States) for the past 10 years and it wasn't available. I just resumed taking it and have been experiencing cramping and vaginal bleeding on and off for the past two months. My doctor and I are taking a conservative approach and are waiting a period of time for my body to adjust before we take any further action. I am comfortable with this for the time being. Next step if the bleeding doesn't stop would be to order an ultrasound of my Uterus.”

Sue · Taken for 10 years or more August 15, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been using the patch for over 20 years and my previous Dr. believed the benefits outweighed the risks. My present Dr. is more skeptical but let's me stay on it as long as I get yearly mammograms. When I went into menopause the symptoms of extreme fatigue and moodiness and hot flashes were horrible and I decided I could not live that way. The patch is very expensive in the US . I have been buying it from Canada where it is 1/3 the cost. I am also on the lowest dose and just using one patch a week. I will probably be on this for life.”

Chamonix · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 1, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I had severe and constant hot flashes along with heart palpitations, syncope and flushing, extreme anxiety and depression. It took 10 months to find a wonderful doctor who took me off of HRT oral and on Combi Patch and it gave me my life back. I could actually feel myself calm down and feel better within 8 hrs. No side effects and yes my gyno said I would probably be on it for life. That's fine with me I am more about quality than quantity.”

Len · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 11, 2019

Activella (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Consider removal of ovaries if you use Activella or consider not taking it at at all. My mum was on the drug for several years and developed ovarian cancer. HRT increases risk of breast and ovarian cancer and I do not wish anyone to go through staff my mum is going through. Hot flushes are nothing compared to chemo and hight probability of death within next few months/years.”

Mel · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 11, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Bad swelling of hands, ankles & feet; lethargy; thinning of scalp, redness in patch site; more hot flashes than before; achy joints; fever.”

Gigi · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2019

Activella (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I am 52, and has been suffering hot flashes for about 2 years. My doctor didn’t want to go the HRT route- and prescribed me Clonidine at first. The clonidine worked for about 4 months- then suddenly stopped. Hot flashes ramped up to 3-5 an hour! Sleep was near impossible. Finally was prescribed Activelle LD. It took about 3 weeks to work, but It works. I am just 5 weeks in now. Zero hot flashes. I feel my moods have improved. And I also feel calmer. I am experiencing way less anxiety. Basically I feel like I did 3 years ago before this menopause stuff all started. Only negative side effect for me is daily morning diarrhea, but that seems to be subsiding. Wish I had gotten this medication years ago.”

Marti · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 4, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Started the patch one year ago, it took away my symptoms almost immediately...hot flashes, sleepless nights, electrical shock feelings, anxiety for no reason. I am very happy with it...the down side is that I'm bleeding like a light period a lot and have some breast pain. Getting that checked out soon.”

Sleepy · Taken for 10 years or more May 31, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Been on combipatch for about 12 years. Work like wonders. 6 months ago started to cut a sliver off every month but now can't sleep at night have vaginal astrophy etc. I've only been using a half patch and today I put the half back on. I feel like crap. Hope I can use it for a few more years. I'm 65 years old so it's rather scary.”

Lou · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 2, 2019

Activella (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was prescribed Activella for 5 years. It worked beautifully for me and I felt good. I changed to Prempro because of insurance and about 3 weeks into that change I started developing breast tenderness, headache, and sleep issues. Unfortunately, I have to wait until October when I can change my insurance again to get back on Activella.”

breast cancer patient · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 14, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I developed breast cancer after being on the CombiPatch for almost 3 years. Three of my cancer doctors believe the cancer was caused by the CombiPatch. There is no breast cancer in my family. I have had genetic testing and found out I have no genetic mutations that would have caused the cancer. Noven claims that the risks for breast cancer are low, but I do not believe it. There is nothing else in my history that would have caused the cancer. Please do not take this drug. If you are on it, get off of it and have regular mammograms. Self examinations did not find my cancer. These pharmaceutical companies are taking advantage of women in pain trying to find relief from menopause. No drug should be sold that causes cancer.”

Kc · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “The patch took away the hot flashes and I feel overall better, but OMG HAIR LOSS!!!!!!!”

Lee · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 5, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “It works great and Canadian Pharms sell it for 1/3 the price of US. The exact same brand.”

Mert · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was experiencing anxiety attacks, mood swings, strange electrical shocking sensations and having trouble sleeping more than 2 or 3 hours at a time even when I was exhausted. This is a pricy fix but immediately took care of my symptoms but I'm having light periods occasionally. If I forget to change the sticker those symptoms return. I'm on the low dose. I'm so thankful for this drug, while I am not a fan of drugs in general but this has definitely helped my quality of life.”

Anonymous January 28, 2019

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Took away hot flashes! If you can afford it, get it. It's expensive but I don't have the conscience to use Prempro since pregnant horses are abused to obtain the ingredients.”

JM · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2018

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was diagnosed with sudden Early menopause. Severe migraines (worst than I ever had), Anxiety and panic attacks, insomnia (barely sleeping), depression and night sweats. I really started feeling 90% better with-in a couple weeks. I’m sleeping. Anxiety is minimal and I’m sleeping again. Minimal side effects, but I’ve had bloating and bad indigestion.”