User Reviews for Estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Activella, Amabelz, CombiPatch, Ena, Lopreeza, Mimvey, Mimvey Lo

Learn more about Estradiol/norethindrone.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 17 reviews 202 medications

Summary of Estradiol/norethindrone reviews 17 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Estradiol/norethindrone

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "It worked well, but is NEVER available. My pharmacy has been ordering it for over a month. Do yourself a favor and find something that isn't backordered for weeks at a time."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2016

Mimvey (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am 48 and pre-menopausal. I went to my doctor with heavy menstrual cycles with heavy clotting. My doctor put me on Necon for a few months, but my bleeding didn't stop. Doctor wanted to opt for ablation. After a failed ablation, my doctor checked my hormone levels and my estrogen was very low-even after taking birth control for months. He placed me on Memvey 0.5/0.1 pill. I noticed a slight increase in blood pressure and my bleeding was non-stop. He upped my Memvey to 1/.05 and my blood pressure increased steadily (even though I take Lisinopril HCTZ 20-25). My family doctor had to give me an additional dose of Clonidine just to get my blood pressure close to normal. I went off Memvey and, within a day, my blood pressure is back to normal."

MoparLady1968 October 16, 2016

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was post menopausal and dying with night sweats and continual hot flashes. I felt horrible and had for some time. I finally asked my doctor for help and he recommended CombiPatch. It worked wonderfully. I have used it for years and my doctor said I may have to use it the rest of my life. Problem right now is this..............it is back ordered from the manufacturer and I am now back into full blown menopause. Oh, my. I am wondering what is wrong and if it will ever be available again. The price may be making it not an option for many. I am going to ask for a replacement even though I loved this medication."

DYH May 2, 2016

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "somewhat helpful with the flashes, pricing is out of control, was paying 55, 60 65 and today 86."

CONTESSA 99 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Experienced mood swing, menstrual cycle of 6 days, bloating, sore breasts, backache, cramping,etc....felt horrible, tired, run down."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2015

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "My symptoms were slight including flashes at night and some insomnia. Vaginal dryness was another concern. The patch has really helped. It's been almost a year since I started the patch. Early on I had some spotting, but that has stopped. I am having some puffiness in the application area."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2015

Activella (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I had experienced almost nonstop hot flashes for 3 years before asking my Dr. for help. I was a mess. I am on the lowest dose of this medication and it has been a life saver for me. Hot flashes gone, most of the irritability has gone away. I feel like my old self. It took about 3 weeks to notice the difference and have been taking it for 6 months now. I will have occasional breast pain, but it is nothing serious just a twinge. Well worth the relief!"

Diako April 6, 2014

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I've been on this patch for a short period of time, however, I can say it works fast !!! On the 2nd day using this product, my flashes and night sweats were less severe ! I did experience nervousness on the 1st day, it lasted just a few hours hours then went away. So far, so good."

rob g. (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2013

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "My menopausal symptoms do not include hot flashes, only some night sweets. But my taking this medicine is to sleep better. I was not sleeping, only 2 hours than 3 hours. I did not want to take sleeping pills forever. Also, I am gaining weight. These are the Pros and Cons of the patch for me."

Debora K July 8, 2013

Activella (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was prescribed this medicine for intractable migraines that seemed to be associated with decreased estrogen and for awful night sweats and insomnia. The migraines almost completely disappeared, and are now stopped with 50 mg Imitrex (that had previously gotten to the point where nothing stopped them). The nights sweats and insomnia completely stopped. "

DrRiff (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 19, 2013

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Combipatch took away flashes within 2 weeks, nausea and headaches. I don't like to take any medicines at all, but the symptoms of menopause were affecting my life. I am on the lightest dose."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2013

CombiPatch (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I been on this patch like 2 weeks and so far it has eliminated my hot flashes. Works very fast and I have felt no side effects."

cooled (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2013

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Got rid of my hot flashes!"

Duckgirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2013

Activella (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been taking Activella for 4 months now. It immediately alleviated hot flashing and anxiety/nervousness/irritability. However, I think it is beginning to cause headaches. I've also had scalp acne which started when I was taking a generic form of Activella, but seems to be clearing now that I'm taking the actual brand name of the drug. Also, have noticed I am more emotional (tear up in a second) on this medicine. In the last month or so, I have become increasingly clumsy, dropping things I'm holding. Will update on this in 2 months."

Creston August 21, 2011

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Have been on this medication for one month - using every other day. It relieves the hot flashes completely however, I've noticed a significant amount of hair loss. I was taking Ortho-prefest before and had some hair loss but not as much as I'm now experiencing. I've decided to go back on Ortho-prefest even though it is not considered a generic and I'll have to pay more. "

Anonymous August 9, 2011

Activella (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Hot flashes were relieved; however I suddenly (never before experienced) a migraine with some nausea after 2 months on this medicine. I used ES Tylenol and felt better in 3 hours. Since this is the only medication I was taking and my overall health is very good, I decided to reduce the dosage by taking the medication every other day. The hot flashes were still relieved and this half dosage was for one month. Last week I suffered another migraine and vomiting and was under the weather for an entire day. I have decided to go off the medication completely."

Marie G. December 27, 2010

Activella (estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This works great."

Anonymous August 17, 2008