User Reviews for Aptiom

Seizures 5 reviews 48 medications

7.2
Summary of Aptiom reviews 5 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Aptiom

For Seizures "I was placed on this medication due to my epilepsy. At first I didn't notice anything huge, other than I was stuttering more and "losing words". Then the intense dizziness and vertigo was hitting me every day. I'd randomly feel like I was under water and someone was spinning me. Once I made sure my balance was ok, I would have a very difficult time with my thought processes or communicating. This would last a while after the dizzy incidents. I was only on 200mg once a day. After I spoke with my neurologist, they stated that other patients on this medication have been reporting the same things. I was removed from it immediately. That was about a month and a half ago. The dizzy spells STILL happen a couple times a week."

Ravalyn (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2016

For Seizures "1200 mg at night has helped my nocturnal seizures greatly from happening."

Ken202 May 17, 2016

For Seizures "In about five days I started feeling like a cloud lifted and clear thinking rolled in. I'm very happy with the Aptiom (800mg is my dose). So glad I have it. Wish the ACA insurance paid more, as I'm paying $622/ 90 day supply. Otherwise, it's very effective."

Yay, me (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2016

For Seizures "I have ben taking Aptiom 800mg once daily for 2 months. So far I experience headaches and dizziness but I know it's the medicine so I live with it for now hoping that will all go away. I also take Vimpat 150mg twice daily with other problems that may or may not be associated with that medicine. Aptiom is great so far. It controls my Grand Mal seizures better than anything has in 35 years. My family tells me I have turned into Mr. Nice Guy over night. I'm having a good experience so far."

TJsum (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2016

For Seizures "This medicine works well. I think it works better as an add-on though than by itself. I took it by itself, 600mg, and it completely got rid of my seizures. I had some bad side effects though which included terrible headaches and lots of sweating. It was unbearable. I went down to 200mg with another seizure medication (Lamictal) and am currently seizure free and doing much better. The side effects from the Aptiom have completely gone away. If this drug gives you side effects at a high dose try it as an add-on therapy with a low dose of another medication. Being on two medications both at low doses will probably give you less side effects. Also very expensive. Can get a little help from company though if you call them."

Luke83 October 14, 2015