User Reviews for Aptiom

Learn more about Aptiom.

Reviews for Aptiom to treat Seizures

"1200 mg at night has helped my nocturnal seizures greatly from happening."

Ken202 May 17, 2016

"In about five days I started feeling like a cloud lifted and clear thinking rolled in. I'm very happy with the Aptiom (800mg is my dose). So glad I have it. Wish the ACA insurance paid more, as I'm paying $622/ 90 day supply. Otherwise, it's very effective."

Yay, me (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2016

"I have ben taking Aptiom 800mg once daily for 2 months. So far I experience headaches and dizziness but I know it's the medicine so I live with it for now hoping that will all go away. I also take Vimpat 150mg twice daily with other problems that may or may not be associated with that medicine. Aptiom is great so far. It controls my Grand Mal seizures better than anything has in 35 years. My family tells me I have turned into Mr. Nice Guy over night. I'm having a good experience so far."

TJsum (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2016

"This medicine works well. I think it works better as an add-on though than by itself. I took it by itself, 600mg, and it completely got rid of my seizures. I had some bad side effects though which included terrible headaches and lots of sweating. It was unbearable. I went down to 200mg with another seizure medication (Lamictal) and am currently seizure free and doing much better. The side effects from the Aptiom have completely gone away. If this drug gives you side effects at a high dose try it as an add-on therapy with a low dose of another medication. Being on two medications both at low doses will probably give you less side effects. Also very expensive. Can get a little help from company though if you call them."

Luke83 October 14, 2015