User Reviews for Aptiom

Learn more about Aptiom.

Aptiom Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 96 medications used in the treatment of Seizures.

Reviews for Aptiom to treat Seizures

"Taking aptiome, dilantin and quetiapine. Nocturnal seizures due to Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC). Difficult to control seizures with any meds. I think aptiome helps most of the time, but may have several seizures suddenly for 5+ days in a stretch...then nothing for a couple of weeks. Feel very on edge and am severely thirsty especially after bathing. Doctor doesn't respond to my concerns as he seems challenged by my situation. Hope to get referral to a Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC) clinic close to home hoping to find other meds."

Geegaw (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on Aptiom 800 mg once a day for Partial motor seizures. Price was astronomical !My co-pay was over $600 a month. Luckily I was given 3 months worth of samples for free. I changed Doctors and was told that oxcarbazepine was basically the same as this drug (eslicarbazepine)and my copay was $2.85. I was a little ticked when I was told this.Yes it is the newest drug on the market, but is it really new? Be sure to ask questions of your Doctor. It may save you lots of money.Oh....the initial days I was sick, but after I took it a while I felt better. No Seizures in the 3 months I was on it."

Not an ace July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Take 1200 MG once a day makes me feel much more peppy."

Dhaniboi (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking 600mg Aptiom for 3 months and I cannot function!! Dizzy, nervous and unable to consistently function. I am tired and never want to go anywhere. Now I'm starting Keppra and Aptiom low doses and will see how that works. I'm miserable.... Unhappy....and NOT MYSELF! Will keep you posted ...11/1/2016 (in the hospital)"

Tired Tired tirer (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have stroke induced epilepsy. Many of the medications controlled the seizures in the required dosages but the side effects on my stroke side frequently left me nearly non-functional. I was 68 when my neurologist suggested Aptiom as an add-on to Lactimal. The combo still has side effects relating to aphasia and balance but, with consistent effort, I function really well. I’ve been taking Lactimal 200 mg/Aptiom 400 mg and am still seizure-free after 18 months. I'm on Medicare (think "doughnut hole") and do not qualify for additional assistance."

modani October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was placed on this medication due to my epilepsy. At first I didn't notice anything huge, other than I was stuttering more and "losing words". Then the intense dizziness and vertigo was hitting me every day. I'd randomly feel like I was under water and someone was spinning me. Once I made sure my balance was ok, I would have a very difficult time with my thought processes or communicating. This would last a while after the dizzy incidents. I was only on 200mg once a day. After I spoke with my neurologist, they stated that other patients on this medication have been reporting the same things. I was removed from it immediately. That was about a month and a half ago. The dizzy spells STILL happen a couple times a week."

Ravalyn (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"1200 mg at night has helped my nocturnal seizures greatly from happening."

Ken202 May 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"In about five days I started feeling like a cloud lifted and clear thinking rolled in. I'm very happy with the Aptiom (800mg is my dose). So glad I have it. Wish the ACA insurance paid more, as I'm paying $622/ 90 day supply. Otherwise, it's very effective."

Yay, me (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have ben taking Aptiom 800mg once daily for 2 months. So far I experience headaches and dizziness but I know it's the medicine so I live with it for now hoping that will all go away. I also take Vimpat 150mg twice daily with other problems that may or may not be associated with that medicine. Aptiom is great so far. It controls my Grand Mal seizures better than anything has in 35 years. My family tells me I have turned into Mr. Nice Guy over night. I'm having a good experience so far."

TJsum (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medicine works well. I think it works better as an add-on though than by itself. I took it by itself, 600mg, and it completely got rid of my seizures. I had some bad side effects though which included terrible headaches and lots of sweating. It was unbearable. I went down to 200mg with another seizure medication (Lamictal) and am currently seizure free and doing much better. The side effects from the Aptiom have completely gone away. If this drug gives you side effects at a high dose try it as an add-on therapy with a low dose of another medication. Being on two medications both at low doses will probably give you less side effects. Also very expensive. Can get a little help from company though if you call them."

Luke83 October 14, 2015