User Reviews for Empagliflozin

Diabetes, Type 2
5.8

Summary of Empagliflozin reviews 5.8 140 reviews

Reviews for Empagliflozin

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I’ve been on Jardiance for 6 months. It’s lowered my blood sugar levels significantly and I’ve had none of the joint pains that others have mentioned. The constant itching and thrush can be off putting but I found when I ate lower carb the symptoms decreased. Also I was given a tip to use water wipes or a flannel with water to wipe after urinating as this washes away any residual sugar in ‘that’ area. It’s helped dramatically. Also I order Clotrimazole online very cheaply and use when needed to keep on top of a flare up. When I eat badly the urinating and itching is worse as there’s more sugar to pee out. I’ve lost 10 Ibs and my hba1c went from 67 to 52 within weeks. Overall this drug has worked well for me and I shall continue on my 25mg dose. Just work with the drug ! Luckily I am in the UK and receive this medication free."

AngieH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took the 25 unit pill for two days and had a very bad reaction to it. Incredible thirst, near-constant urination, upset stomach and diarrhea, lightheadedness. It did bring down my blood sugar for a few hours but didn't last long. Can't recommend."

Reddog1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started jardiance and by day 3 I developed a yeast infection. Doctor gave me meds to treat it but it’s not going away. I’m upset because this medicine had me drinking tons of water and I never drink water. But I cannot take the yeast infections so I’m going to stop it."

Tee (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Lowered my glucose to low 100s but have to pee so often it has disrupted my life. Went 4 times last night between 11 pm and 7 am. Can't get a decent nights sleep. When I go out I have to locate restrooms before anything else for emergencies. Also on second UTI treatment with amoxicillin. Am discontinuing meds today."

Artvark (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking Jardiance 25mg about a year ago and in 6 months it reduced my A1C from 8.6 to 6.2. My issue is, since starting Jardiance, I have lost half of my hair. Because you need to drink a lot of water, there are also frequent trips to the bathroom. Have not experienced any yeast infections. But, I am not willing to potentially lose any more hair so will cease taking Jardiance due to the hair loss issue."

Kat March 19, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "So I started taking samples of Jardiance for diabetes almost a year ago and was doing great. A1c came down lost weight, but It seems that once I started getting the actual prescriptions for it I began to have severe itching you know where. The frequent urinating didn't bother me at all, but the pain and the severe irritation I can not handle. It made other things painful. (If you know what I mean) I think this is a temporary drug. It shouldn't be used long term, if you can handle it in the beginning. It seems that everyone is pretty much saying the same thing. If it wasn't for the itching and pain I would continue to take it. I'm taking myself off it."

Telltell March 19, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Please don't touch Jardiance. This medicine is nothing but poison to the body. I had all these side effects from Jardiance light headedness, fainting tingling in on my tongue and lips, so many yeast infection and UTI's times 3. But the worst of all is this drug made me so sick that I ended up in the hospital with ketoacidosis. Now my body is in so much pain, kidney infections. Some days I can't get out of bed. This company should be sued for the harm they are doing to people. What it is going to take for someone to die because of this stuff. The company who makes this should really take it off the market before something seriously happens"

Joanne (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "It's a great drug it lowers blood sugar and protects the heart didn't have any side effects"

The king (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 10, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Have been on jardiance for one month now have noticed I got a severe cold I was down for 3 weeks now I have severe bone pain in my back and my hips and my shoulders, I'm using a cane. I see no difference in my morning numbers. In addition I was up all night at least four times per night to wee. I also drank two bottles of water per night because of the increased thirst my mouth was so dry it feels like I could never get enough to drink. I do eat a very low carb diet I do admit I do cheat once in a great while not often it's usually a taste. I didn't see receive any reduction in weight I'm adding it up to how much water I've been drinking. I've called my doctor asking them to discontinue this meds for me but I didn't get an answer back so I decided I'm stopping it on my own right now. Also I take insulin lantus which I stopped first. As a test on myself so. 3 weeks off insulin makes me think the offender is jardiance."

Jeany March 8, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Jardiance is...well, dangerous. I took one 10mg tablet. In that period I've had to urinate every two hours, massive quantities, drink almost continuously to avoid dehydration, had dizziness, nausea, light headedness, it's triggered arthritis pain where normally my pain killers keep a lid on it, it's left me dazed and confused. My eyes feel weird, and I'm short of breath, like asthma. I went grocery shopping, I almost collapsed three times in 20 minutes. Standing up became a risk, sitting down I felt unwell, lying down was ok. In the end 36 hours after taking a single 10mg tablet I did actually collapse unconscious. I won't be taking the second dose. I've just come round. 3am. Feel a little better, but it's now 40 hours since I took the tablet, and I am still feeling unwell. The need to urinate so frequently has passed. There is still residual dizziness and nausea. I am drinking a lot of fluids to try and flush it out. Use this tablet with caution."

EricTCat March 8, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I'm Female. Started taking Jardiance 10mg daily on 15/12/18. Felt drained of energy, with itching in genital area within a week of starting it. Took it about 2 months, got tired of the "scorched, itching" sensations down "there". Forever using creams to soothe the irritation. I seemed to wake up quite a few times at night - I thought whether I needed to pee, decided not, then went back to sleep, only to wake a few hours later thinking the same thing. I stopped taking it for several days and the lack of energy and itch disappeared. I noticed my glucose levels seemed higher in the mornings so I started taking it again, only for 5 days this time - and within a day or two I had this "scorched" sensation back again. Made me feel like eating salty food - I don't usually have any salt on my food, but I started adding it a little. I started getting this sense of dread while on it, couldn't stand the tiredness (zombie-like). I really don't think I will be taking it again."

Peeps (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on jardiance for 3 weeks The drug has completely changed my life I feel fantastic for the first time in 3 years after suffering bad side effects on metformin my weight is dropping slowly my blood sugar is much lower I strongly recommend people to try this drug As it seems to be right for me"

Skyblue (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I’ve been on jardiance 25mg since Oct 18 ( now 5 months) with metformin. I’ve lost about half stone. However, the only issue I’ve found is thrush, thrush and more thrush. It’s almost constant and it’s driving me insane. I’m so sore, I don’t know if it’s worth it. I’m seeing GP next week . No other side effects though."

Kamaba (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on 10 mg for about a year. Doctor increased to 25mg and started to have excessive burping and stomach cramps. Lowered back to 10 mg but burping is still a problem. Stopped taking for two weeks and burping subsided. Tried taking 1 day at 10 mg and the gastro problems came right back. I really wanted this to work as I was dropping weight and had A1C of 5.9. I had to increase my insulin as a result and seem to be picking up a few pounds. My endocrinologist swears it's not the Jardiance. I have no other explanation for the side affects."

Swithy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "62 y/o male. Took Jardiance for 3 1/2 months to try lower my sugar and help my kidneys. Sugar numbers never moved, had several penis yeast infections, up peeing all night, heart was racing for some reason, and after blood work my cholesterol shot up. Not for me. Went on strict diet instead to watch the sugar and the starchy carbs and my sugar finally came down. Averaging 5.8 with the Freestyle Libre system. BP dropped a bit, lost 4 lbs but I`m not overweight, heart rate is beating right again. Awesome, since stopping that drug."

Bubba (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been taking jardiance for 4 days lowered my glucose at home but caused bad shortness of breath, I have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) but this medicine made it much worse!! Stopped taking it very scary drug , read too many bad things about side effects"

Wild,an (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "In combination with background Metformin (500 mg slow release daily) this drug (25 mg/day) was magic so far as diabetes (type 2) was concerned & with weight loss. However, I was taken off the drug because of persistent Candida infections (thrush). I would rather have tried a lower dose of empagliflozin, in conjunction with metformin & linaglyptin because metformin & linaglyptin left me with a terrible sugar craving, despite good blood stats. All the weight went back on! Using a barrier cream in the delicate area (baby nappy rash preventative, such as Sudocrem) helps a lot in preventing thrush but doesn't treat it as such."

Blackbird (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started using Jardience over a year ago. I have frequent yeast infections I cannot seem to get rid of. The constant yeast infection is the only negative side effect I seem to have, but I also take lantus, so I'm not sure which one is causing it. Just wish it would go away.."

Chrissy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 10, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I'm surprised by the negative reviews here--I'm only on day 3 so my opinion could change with time, but the results so far have been astounding. My fasting glucose was 247 and then I took my first dose and the number just kept dropping all day. Day 2 my fasting bs was 130. I haven't seen that number since before I was diagnosed several years ago. My numbers now stay in the low 100s all day as well, even after eating. Now, I am also eating very low carb, so that may have a lot to do with it. I don't notice extra urination, but I always urinated a lot with such high blood sugars so to me there's no difference. No infections yet, but as I stated it's only day 3. I would have to agree with the other poster who said this drug works best (or only) for those eating a low-carb diet. If you continue to eat junk and take this, you'll have way more sugar in your urine and higher risk of infections. So far the threat of those infections is keeping me low-carb, and I hope I stay motivated to continue it!"

cilly (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Jardiance one year now in conjunction with a ketogenic diet with no ill effect. I noticed a small increase in urination but not more than 2-3 times a day extra. I have gotten off all my insulin (400 units a day) and lost over 100 pounds with no exercise. A1c has gone from 12 to 5.5. Recently I started getting excessive fatigue and my Dr didn't think I needed the higher dose anymore so I dropped to 10mg. The key I think is being very low carb to begin with. You can't take this drug and eat a SAD diet full of carbs. Carbs will just raise your blood sugars and spike insulin which will result in the medication making you pee more and more to get rid of it. All that sugar pee will just result in yeast infections. It's a good drug but not magic. You have to be responsible for what and how you eat which if you're diabetic means as little carbs as possible with no snacking."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 26, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Used 2 months and felt poorly after 2 weeks. Frequent peeing with significant urgency (10x per day incl 2x when sleeping). Constant nausea. No appetite (lost 11 lbs) Weak leg muscles. Occasional dizziness. Higher morning glucose readings."

honest (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on jardiance 3 days and already have itching this is my second time on jardiance the first time I got back to back yeast infections the dr said try again and maybe I will do better. It is just as bad a before so I'm not liking this at all"

Tammyduh (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking jardiance to help with weight loss and to transition off of basaglar insulin, in conjunction with my other medications (metformin, victoza, basaglar). My a1c is 6.6, so control hasn't been an issue, but the weight gain (insulin resistance) coupled with hypothyroidism is. My experience was severe dehydration, extreme thirst, kidney pain, and yeast infection. I took this medication for 2 weeks and stopped. It was just not worth it...the risk of further damage to kidneys from dehydration, itchy/burning nether regions, and that whole vaginal gangrene possibility...nope."

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "As soon as I started jardiance I started experiencing severe yeast infections and have trouble sleeping due to severe itching. I definitely do not recommend it. Had the worst experience in my life."

sandy November 18, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started on jardiance about 6 weeks ago. I loved it at first and lost 14 lbs. But yesterday I became severely dehydrated and sick. I just cannot get enough to drink. This morning I also have right kidney pain. I have had 2 yeast infections in the last 6 weeks. I'm done. It has to be something better My doctor told me you would urinate an average of one more time a day than normal that is not true!"

LM (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018