User Reviews for Empagliflozin

Also known as: Jardiance

Learn more about Empagliflozin.

Diabetes, Type 2 46 reviews 141 medications

6.5
Summary of Empagliflozin reviews 46 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Empagliflozin

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Brought my blood sugar and A1C down nicely, 6.3 at last test. No side effects. Patients can get two years free on the website if covered by private insurance. Otherwise $20 copay per month with BCBS."

JM2326 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been feeling good while on Jardiance (Diab type 2). I take 12.5 mg each night. Same as a lot of folk here, I pee much more & am thirsty more often .Dropped the weight pretty much straight away with very little effort. I was taking Diabex before this. I've got to have a glucose test in the next week so we'll see how it all goes. My son's a nursing student &t his is what he said about it: 'My understanding of it is that the glomerulus which is the filtration site in the nephron (which is the functional unit of the kidney) is only designed to filter smaller particles. Glucose however is really big and shouldn't be filtered into the nephron That's what I was lead to believe. Not sure if that's true or not.' I'll hit my Dr up with this."

stemart June 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have had type 2 diabetes for 16 years. I have had relativity good control with my numbers EXCEPT with my fasting blood sugars. No matter what I did, my fasting numbers were always between 180 and 220! Even when I was on an insulin pump my fasting numbers were between 150 and 170. I had to stop using the insulin pump due to "affordable" health care. My doctor prescribed me Jardiance about a month and half ago and all I can say is WOW! This is what I have been needing! My fasting blood sugars are now between 90 and 120! and my daytime numbers have held steady in that range as well! Granted, I still have to use bolus and basal insulin, but Jardiance has seemed to make my insulin SO MUCH more effective. Also no side effects with me."

sugarbetes (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My glucose level went down from 14.5 to 7.0 just in three months on Metformin 500mg twice a day and Jardiance. In addition, I have lost approximately 14 lbs. I was under the impression that I lost weight with diet and exercise. However, it has brought my blood pressure significantly low to the point I had fainted. Therefore, I have stopped taking Jardiance. My family physician recommended that I have soup or juice to deal with the low bp. I used to have low bp and it went up in the recent years, now back down again. I have gained some weight back since I have stopped Jardiance. I wish I can continue with Jardiance but with the risk of fainting again? I have mixed feelings now."

Gane M May 31, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started Jardiance 3 months ago. Just had my first follow-up appointment with my doctor yesterday. A1c dropped from 8.0 to 6.6, fasting BG dropped from 155 to 104, lost 12 pounds and blood pressure was slightly lower. No side effects other than urinating more than I used to. Also drinking more water so I'm sure that's part of it. Also taking Metformin but it seemed to stop working after about 6 months so my doctor added Jardiance. Feel great and couldn't be happier...25 pounds to go."

Jeff44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took Jardiance for over 2 years. I lost weight on it without dieting. I had a yeast infection for 2 months. I told my physician I needed a break from it. I went back to Glimeperide and immediately started to gain weight. My yeast infection cleared within days of stopping Jardiance. In the mean time, I found out some much needed advice on the internet how to avoid all the infections while taking Jardiance. If you use a baby wipe to clean yourself after you urinate, the glucose will not be around to cause the UTI's and yeast infections. I went back to Jardiance. So far, I have not had reoccurring infections."

MarieMcC April 20, 2017

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I had an A1C of 9.3 on my last test. My doctor/nurse suggested Jardiance 25mg. Since then I've never had high glucose levels I've had over the last month and a half. I'm consistently around or below 100. I'm feeling great. I have forced myself to drink more during the day and I'm amazed at the difference. I've been a type 2 diabetic for over 30 years, eventually going from oral meds, then insulin by syringe, now on insulin pump. I honestly believe Jardiance has been the answer to my prayers. Lately I've had numerous low glucose readings and I'll be discussing this with my Endocronologist soon. However, I am feeling near normal with my control lately. "

John Treadaway (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took this for a month and had no side effects was doing great. Then when I started the second month I broke out in a horrible rash with aching joints and swelling in my feet and then it slowly progressed to arms. I ran a low grade fever...I was miserable! I was so hoping this would work for me. I just can't understand after taking a whole month why it took so long for side effects to show up. I would've rated this to 10 a month ago!"

Nightmare hair girl April 11, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've started jardiance 25mg 3 days ago first day I was going to the toilet every 45 mins, second day just over an hour. My sugar levels have gone down plus I've lost 2lb in 3 days ..no side effects yet fingers crossed.."

Roz786 March 9, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Stopped taking it after 2 months. It gave me terrible joint and back pain. Hope you have better luck."

teddyhoyt (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took jardiance for about 3 months. During that time I lost over a stone and felt much livelier. But my blood sugar went up slightly, so doc refused to prescribe me any more. They then forced me onto victoza which is making me I'll. I had no bad side effects with jardiance. Yes I used to pee more, but at least it got rid of the diarrhea I had before taking it. No thrush or anything, though the doc was hoping I'd get thrush so they could stop it. The docs seem to be completely against these for some reason. Trying to get it back."

Cool jools (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "has anyone heard of bladder cancer as a result of taking Jardiance ? I am been treated for early stages of it"

robstero (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 1, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started 10 mg on Dec 19th and started a severe yeast infection Dec 25 and then into a Bacterial vaginitis. I have been treating this now since Dec 26th, and stopped the med with my doctors orders. I will never take this again. I have spent a fortune on OTC meds, with poor results. Now doing steroid creams and will start antibiotics next week. This has been miserable and my sugars are up because of the infections. Just be careful with these new meds."

jpinperth (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been diabetic type 2 for 10 years and was under control with diet and exercise plus medication but this year glucose level has been slightly high so the doctor added the Empagliflozin 10mg one daily. The first week I was experiencing headache and weak in the legs stayed in bed went to bathroom more than frequently. After a week this settled down and I lost a few pounds in my weight. However I started getting yeast infection around my stomach and on the backside which was uncomfortable. stayed on the tablets for one month and the yeast infection remained so doctor discontinued the tablets. The medication side effects out weigh the benefits."

Stan Rashid (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Jardiance for just over a year - I have NOT experienced any side effects whatsoever - MORE importantly this drug has reduced my blood sugar levels to an average of 5 and has maintained this level, quite incredible as nothing else has worked previously - I have named Jardiance as the "diabetic wonder drug" although my Doctor keeps reminding me there is no such thing as a wonder drug - I disagree this is MY wonder drug - thank you Jardiance you have changed my life completely astonishing result."

Jerry UK (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2017

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on Jardiance 10mg 3 months and have lost 20 lbs without changing my diet significantly. First time under 200 lbs in 30 years! My BP is lower and my knees don't ache and have not had any back pain . However, my HgA1C has increased from 8.5 to 10.2 and BG's have increased to between 10 - 15 (Canadian readings!) I am taking Metformin 1000 mg twice daily along with the Jardiance. My Dr. discontinued Glucophage and Januvia before adding Jardiance so this may have caused the increased changes. I've had 3 yeast infections during this time but better now. Dry mouth and increased thirst as well as urine that is almost syrupy at times. My Dr. was not aware of weight loss as a side effect so sending me for tests! Thanks for your reassurance!"

Stonesteppe December 24, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Jardiance from March. I have had a significant drop in HBA1C and I have lost 21lbs. I pee and drink alot but it is worth it to reduce the sugar levels. I also experience back pain with this. However, I was very insulin resistant and can live with the side affects to help this."

Paulsie October 19, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Taken Jardine along with Janumet for a little over 1 year. I weighed 191 when I started. I now weigh 137. Alc was 10.8, now 6.1. I have experienced no negative side effects. I have had no episodes if blood sugar dropping too low. Great medication!"

I love Jardiance (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2016

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking 25 mg of Jardiance each day for 4 months. I pee constantly, have to get up through the night to pee. I am always thirsty and I drink a lot. I too have noticed an increase in sugar cravings. Eye doc found a hole in my retina last week and I had laser surgery to repair it. I also have a constant yeast infection which is very uncomfortable. I do not want to take this drug anymore but my pancreas does not work correctly since I had a tumour 25 years ago. I am going to try to eliminate all sugar from my diet to see if my BS is ok."

MaryCE61 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started taking this medicine 3 months back A1C dropped to 6.5 from 8.2 lost three kgs also taking half glimestar before dinner, the side effects are back pain.My opinion is that it's good."

Shubham12 September 10, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on this medication for 4 almost 5 days now,I eat clean and exercise like clock work everyday,including doing 15-20 miles on a manual incline treadmill,I could not get anymore weight off no matter what I did,although I got off the insulin! My doctor started me on this medicine and in almost 5 days time I have dropped 7 pounds and my BS is 100 I am hoping it stays this way and I keep losing."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This drug is great! I have been taking it for about 6 months and have lost almost 30 lbs without trying at all! I do pee more but my sugar levels are awesome now. I just love it!"

myself125 July 6, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Jardiance for 8 month, my A1C drop from 10.1 to 7.5, also lost 12 pounds and I haven't experienced any side effects except for frequent urination and thirst ,so far is working for me."

Glody (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 23, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been using Jardiance for a year now. I suppose I should say I used it for a year, but I'm also no longer taking it. initially I had no problems and it did seem to reduce my blood sugars (tho not substantially), Since December I have had an insane amount of back and hip pain/uti/yeast infections that have rendered my life miserable. I've had very dry mouth/dehydration feelings since the beginning. Three days off the meds and my hip pain is gone, I no longer have dry mouth and my blood sugars are staying where they've been the benefit has not outweighed the enduring that misery. Listen to your body!"

Laurala (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Worked at first reducing need for insulin. However, never lost any weight. Started to have terrible pain in joints and back. I think there is some temporary worsening as I have quit it now."

Type2Diabetic05 May 20, 2016