User Reviews for Empagliflozin

Diabetes, Type 2
5.7

Summary of Empagliflozin reviews 5.7 161 reviews

Reviews for Empagliflozin

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Dangerous drug. It should be taken off the market. Took it for 4 months. Extreme thirst, constant having the urge to urinate. It did lower my blood sugar. After 4 months I swelled up like a balloon. WARNING.... DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. Especially if you have any kind of cardiac conditions. I am surprised no one has died from this drug!!!"

TH (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took Jardiance it from May 20, 2019 together with Crestor and Metformin. From 121 kg to 112 kg today (June 11, 2019). Too quick weight loss but my daily 30 min walk and less rice and no soda and anxiety (life things) might have contributed to the quickness of the weight loss. Went to the Doctor today as this is the first time I have experienced this tiredness. Blood and urine tests were done, better numbers overall (HDL, LDL, triglycerides and A1C down to 7.5 from 8.2). Asked if I could stop taking it and they agreed as they mentioned I am basically peeing all the sugar I am consuming and as a consequence felt tired all the time. It is good for losing weight to probably make cardiovascular numbers better but I don't think I can continue taking it long term. Will consult again on July 27, 2019."

Castiron (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Take Jardiance with loads of vitamin C. Started taking Jardiance about a year ago. I read about yeast infections as a side effect so take 2000 mg of Vitamin C every night and am fine to stop the yeast infections. I ran out once and got a yeast infection the next day but it disappeared with treatment and hasn’t been back. It’s not a panacea and my A1C hovers between 6.6 and 7.4 but it’s encouraging me to eat and exercise better so overall has been a game changer."

Skykpk (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 8, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Have been on Jardiance since January 2019. Have lost about 11lbs. A1c was 9.1 and is now 7.1. Urinating increased at first but has levelled off a bit. I am constantly thirsty but nothing I can't handle. Love this medication. I take 1/2 of a 25mg pill daily."

Charlie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was told today to stop taking Jardiance. I have had two UTI's in recent months. I have gone twice for a urine test because of the constant pain and uncomfortableness in the lower region. At first I thought this would be my wonder drug but now I wonder if I have done damage. I was grateful for the Jardiance program that paid for my drug."

Jtsags (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "On Jardiance. I started having weird symptoms right off the bat. Dizziness, unquenchable thirst, extreme tiredness and fatigue, vaginal itch from hell, weird bowel movements, for a few days could not pee. I did nothing but sleep. I could not stand up long enough to fix a piece of toast. I am not hungry. But I do eat. One day I was getting ready to go see the kidney doctor and came out of the bedroom, with no obstruction, did not pass out, did not slip or trip, fell face first into an end table. Went to ER. Thanks God no damage. Blood sugar was 400. Never in 10 years have I experienced this. They gave me insulin and liquid for I was severely dehydrated. Sent me home. Primary put me on 15 units of insulin. My sugar is down in the day and goes back up at night. Very erratic. I can’t get hold of my doctor to get help so I have researched Jardiance. I agree with many of you! I quit last night. Thanks to all of you for reassuring me that I am not going out of my mind. My poor husband."

Barb (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Jardiance is the worst medicine I have ever taken! After two days of taking Jardiance, I feel that I am very frazzled and nerved up. I am very anxious, very sensitive to noise and every interaction with people or animals seems to take more out of me (mentally and emotionally) than I have to give. I have tried for months to "take" Jardiance, only to have the same experience each time. It is a torment that is hard to describe. I would by far have the complications of diabetes than to live with the horrible effects or Jardiance.s. I have tried to take this many times over the last six months, with each time lasting two or three days, and the outcome being the same."

Cat Mama (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Disgusting experience. Urinating one and a half hourly. After just 2 days on it felt a sore vagina, headachy ear pain eye pain and tinnitus. Felt very dehydrated even with increased fluid intake. Don’t want to live like this so stopping the drug almost straight away."

Minnow (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I had bypass surgery and that strain on body made me a diabetic. My last A1C was 5.8. I went to heart dr for a follow up and he put me on 10mg if Jardiance because studies show there is less cardiovascular incidents to people with diabetes. I have been on it for about 5-6 months. My only side effect is thirst in the evening. I probably should drink more water. At first I was up in middle of night to go to the bathroom, now it seldom happens. I did not loose weight and had another A1C and it went up to 6.0 from 5.8. I usually have drugs side effects so I am tolerating it well. However I am not seeing results and wonder if the expense of this drug it worth me staying on it."

Carrie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on this drug for about a 10-2018 to 5-2019. This drug gave me yeast infections, my Doc did not do anything until my yeast infections got so bad,I had lympedema and the pain was horrible, I am better thanks to a good doc, and medicine, this drug needs to be taken off the market it is deadly."

Nanda (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 30, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Jardiance since March 1 of 2019. At first I was drinking water and peeing a lot. That has now leveled off. I still drink a lot of water to prevent dehydration, but my urinating has returned to normal. I have had no side effects that I can blame on the drug. I test my blood out of bed in the morning and 2 hours after dinner. My mornings which were generally above 140 have now become below 140. I have been as low as 125 in the morning depending on my carb consumption. My after dinner number ranges from 65 to 115. Depending on what I have eaten prior to dinner. I also take Januvia and Metformin and frankly I never saw much change when just on the Januvia. Also I am disappointed because so far I have only lost 2-3 pounds. I am not seeing the massive weight loss that others have reported. I wish there was a generic. I go to Europe on vacation for 3 months and will take scripts with me to buy as much of the drug as possible."

Greyhound2019 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Initially I was taking metformin for type 2 diabetes but couldn't stomach it, I was nauseous started vomiting. I was taken off that and now I've been on Jardiance for a week now at a dose of 10mg once a day. I am very spooked by the reviews and more than likely will request to be switched to metformin extended release hoping I can stomach that. The only side I have so far is being constantly light headed. I tried to workout with it and I ended having to sit every few minutes from being light headed so I am stopping the Jardiance for now. My starting blood sugar was about 280 and is now 180-200 fasting. I haven't weighed myself cause its not the reason I'm taking it. My main focus now is coming off blood sugar medication as a whole. But that is all for now. The lightheadedness sucks. Its better than nausea and vomiting but it still sucks. If any changes I'll share more."

Juicy May 21, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My blood sugar numbers got better in the late morning-like 88 Morning. I've been checking my blood sugars using the Libre Scanner, which I really like. The Jardiance side effects of the burning and yeast infections have me so much in pain, I just can’t stand this. I have to keep going to get creams to treat the yeast infections. I was using a sample suppository pill I got from the gyno. It did nothing to help. Also another side effect of Jardiance is that I can’t satisfy my thirst, also I need to get up to void (wee) 3 times a night. I am tired, sore, sleepy. I have my usual arthritis pain in hands so have been on cymbalta and recently wellbutrin. Mood had improved, but lately feeling full of dread and depression. Feeling hopeless. I wish it didn’t have the side effects because Jardiance worked to help my sugar levels Thanks."

Coco (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on 10 mg Jardiance for 38 days. My fasting glucose has decreased to around 140 mg/dL (from mean of 225 mg/dL). I have lost (6.8 kg) (15 lbs) of weight. I have not experienced any significant side effects other than peeing about once per hour and occasional light headedness if I stand up too quickly. Would recommend ."

Billg (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking 25 mg of empagliflozin per day. My blood sugars are dramatically lower than they have been in years. I have so many things wrong with me, and take so many different drugs, I don't really notice any new, unwelcome symptoms. As far as I''m concerned, Jardiance is a miracle drug in the treatment of Diabetes 2."

Rock6862 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I spent seven days of awfulness with Jardiance. I took the 10mg tab (lowest dosage). I was running to the bathroom about every 10 minutes, so often that I could not leave home. Had to get up numerous times during the night which interfered with sleep. My lady parts felt like fire. I drank tons of water but still felt dehydrated. My sugar readings dropped to around 80 and I felt weak all the time. I itched all over and also had very loose bowel movements. I would not recommend this drug. It is awful."

Gertrude April 25, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took the 1st pill on Good Fridya approx 3pm and by 6pm backs of thighs knees and buttocks were mosquito-bite itchy, strangely enough NOT genitals. Saturday the itch spread to torso, but so o far not above armpits. Saturday pm I bought hydrocortisone cream which had aminimal effect. I have also tried reactine. I ave scratched a few places to blood spots. I will try a few more days to see if it abates."

REM (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was prescribed Jardiacne 4½ months ago by my doctor. And starting with 25 mg and going down to first ½ tablet, then to 10 mg and now 5 mg (1 tablet). But I have nothing positive to say about Jardiance. I have had a lot of side effects: abdominal pain, dizziness, headache, extreme thirst, sinusitis, itching, tiredness, nausea, vomiting, raising triglyceride, raising haematocrit, muscle stiffness, yeast infections and now hair loss. No sleep in the nights - I wake up to pee 3 or 4 times during the night. And my A1C has raiser more than 10%, and the weight loss is about 1 kg :-(."

Charlotte4220 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Within two months on Jardiance I dropped from the 8.0 A1C to a 7.1 A1C and lost 11 1/2 pound's. I will continue to take it mainly because I have never seen any other medication in a pill form been this effective for weight loss and reducing my sugar levels in such a short time. My only objection is the cost. I am not in the UK and even with insurance it was over $100 for 25 pills."

TJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Does what it is suppose to do. Other then peeing a little more no other side affects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Four months on Jardiance 10mg (replaced Januvia which wasn't working for me) reduced my A1c from 7.6 to 6.4... average blood sugar reading dropped from 170s to 120s. I did initially experience much more frequent urination- but it seems to have levelled off. I dropped 7 lbs which is too much for me. I weighed 154lb when I started on Jardiance. So far, I'm pleased with the results but will be careful to maintain my weight."

Shortstop (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I’ve been on Jardiance for 6 months. It’s lowered my blood sugar levels significantly and I’ve had none of the joint pains that others have mentioned. The constant itching and thrush can be off putting but I found when I ate lower carb the symptoms decreased. Also I was given a tip to use water wipes or a flannel with water to wipe after urinating as this washes away any residual sugar in ‘that’ area. It’s helped dramatically. Also I order Clotrimazole online very cheaply and use when needed to keep on top of a flare up. When I eat badly the urinating and itching is worse as there’s more sugar to pee out. I’ve lost 10 Ibs and my hba1c went from 67 to 52 within weeks. Overall this drug has worked well for me and I shall continue on my 25mg dose. Just work with the drug ! Luckily I am in the UK and receive this medication free."

AngieH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took the 25 unit pill for two days and had a very bad reaction to it. Incredible thirst, near-constant urination, upset stomach and diarrhea, lightheadedness. It did bring down my blood sugar for a few hours but didn't last long. Can't recommend."

Reddog1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started jardiance and by day 3 I developed a yeast infection. Doctor gave me meds to treat it but it’s not going away. I’m upset because this medicine had me drinking tons of water and I never drink water. But I cannot take the yeast infections so I’m going to stop it."

Tee (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Lowered my glucose to low 100s but have to pee so often it has disrupted my life. Went 4 times last night between 11 pm and 7 am. Can't get a decent nights sleep. When I go out I have to locate restrooms before anything else for emergencies. Also on second UTI treatment with amoxicillin. Am discontinuing meds today."

Artvark (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2019