User Reviews for Empagliflozin

Also known as: Jardiance

Learn more about Empagliflozin.

Diabetes, Type 2 36 reviews 139 medications

6.1
Summary of Empagliflozin reviews 36 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Empagliflozin

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took jardiance for about 3 months. During that time I lost over a stone and felt much livelier. But my blood sugar went up slightly, so doc refused to prescribe me any more. They then forced me onto victoza which is making me I'll. I had no bad side effects with jardiance. Yes I used to pee more, but at least it got rid of the diarrhea I had before taking it. No thrush or anything, though the doc was hoping I'd get thrush so they could stop it. The docs seem to be completely against these for some reason. Trying to get it back."

Cool jools (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "has anyone heard of bladder cancer as a result of taking Jardiance ? I am been treated for early stages of it"

robstero (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started 10 mg on Dec 19th and started a severe yeast infection Dec 25 and then into a Bacterial vaginitis. I have been treating this now since Dec 26th, and stopped the med with my doctors orders. I will never take this again. I have spent a fortune on OTC meds, with poor results. Now doing steroid creams and will start antibiotics next week. This has been miserable and my sugars are up because of the infections. Just be careful with these new meds."

jpinperth (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been diabetic type 2 for 10 years and was under control with diet and exercise plus medication but this year glucose level has been slightly high so the doctor added the Empagliflozin 10mg one daily. The first week I was experiencing headache and weak in the legs stayed in bed went to bathroom more than frequently. After a week this settled down and I lost a few pounds in my weight. However I started getting yeast infection around my stomach and on the backside which was uncomfortable. stayed on the tablets for one month and the yeast infection remained so doctor discontinued the tablets. The medication side effects out weigh the benefits."

Stan Rashid (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Jardiance for just over a year - I have NOT experienced any side effects whatsoever - MORE importantly this drug has reduced my blood sugar levels to an average of 5 and has maintained this level, quite incredible as nothing else has worked previously - I have named Jardiance as the "diabetic wonder drug" although my Doctor keeps reminding me there is no such thing as a wonder drug - I disagree this is MY wonder drug - thank you Jardiance you have changed my life completely astonishing result."

Jerry UK (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on Jardiance 10mg 3 months and have lost 20 lbs without changing my diet significantly. First time under 200 lbs in 30 years! My BP is lower and my knees don't ache and have not had any back pain . However, my HgA1C has increased from 8.5 to 10.2 and BG's have increased to between 10 - 15 (Canadian readings!) I am taking Metformin 1000 mg twice daily along with the Jardiance. My Dr. discontinued Glucophage and Januvia before adding Jardiance so this may have caused the increased changes. I've had 3 yeast infections during this time but better now. Dry mouth and increased thirst as well as urine that is almost syrupy at times. My Dr. was not aware of weight loss as a side effect so sending me for tests! Thanks for your reassurance!"

Stonesteppe December 24, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Jardiance from March. I have had a significant drop in HBA1C and I have lost 21lbs. I pee and drink alot but it is worth it to reduce the sugar levels. I also experience back pain with this. However, I was very insulin resistant and can live with the side affects to help this."

Paulsie October 19, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Taken Jardine along with Janumet for a little over 1 year. I weighed 191 when I started. I now weigh 137. Alc was 10.8, now 6.1. I have experienced no negative side effects. I have had no episodes if blood sugar dropping too low. Great medication!"

I love Jardiance (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking 25 mg of Jardiance each day for 4 months. I pee constantly, have to get up through the night to pee. I am always thirsty and I drink a lot. I too have noticed an increase in sugar cravings. Eye doc found a hole in my retina last week and I had laser surgery to repair it. I also have a constant yeast infection which is very uncomfortable. I do not want to take this drug anymore but my pancreas does not work correctly since I had a tumour 25 years ago. I am going to try to eliminate all sugar from my diet to see if my BS is ok."

MaryCE61 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started taking this medicine 3 months back A1C dropped to 6.5 from 8.2 lost three kgs also taking half glimestar before dinner, the side effects are back pain.My opinion is that it's good."

Shubham12 September 10, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on this medication for 4 almost 5 days now,I eat clean and exercise like clock work everyday,including doing 15-20 miles on a manual incline treadmill,I could not get anymore weight off no matter what I did,although I got off the insulin! My doctor started me on this medicine and in almost 5 days time I have dropped 7 pounds and my BS is 100 I am hoping it stays this way and I keep losing."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This drug is great! I have been taking it for about 6 months and have lost almost 30 lbs without trying at all! I do pee more but my sugar levels are awesome now. I just love it!"

myself125 July 6, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Jardiance for 8 month, my A1C drop from 10.1 to 7.5, also lost 12 pounds and I haven't experienced any side effects except for frequent urination and thirst ,so far is working for me."

Glody (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 23, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been using Jardiance for a year now. I suppose I should say I used it for a year, but I'm also no longer taking it. initially I had no problems and it did seem to reduce my blood sugars (tho not substantially), Since December I have had an insane amount of back and hip pain/uti/yeast infections that have rendered my life miserable. I've had very dry mouth/dehydration feelings since the beginning. Three days off the meds and my hip pain is gone, I no longer have dry mouth and my blood sugars are staying where they've been the benefit has not outweighed the enduring that misery. Listen to your body!"

Laurala (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Worked at first reducing need for insulin. However, never lost any weight. Started to have terrible pain in joints and back. I think there is some temporary worsening as I have quit it now."

Type2Diabetic05 May 20, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on 10 mg for over a month. It has made a huge difference in my BS levels. My fasting and evening BS was in the 200's now it's 120-170. I've lost 12 pounds but I am dieting too. I've noticed only a slight increase in urination and I'm definitely more thirsty. I think the drug makes me tired though. I'm hoping that gets better as time goes on. I haven't had any other side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took this medication for a week. Ended up with excruciating back pain and a UTI. Had to take antibiotics and still got a kidney infection. Over 3 weeks of pain for nothing!"

kadeedid (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started this med Dec 8, 2015. Have lost 16 pounds. Morning sugars dropped from 250 to 130-150 range. After meals dropping into 120 - 160 range. Hair on head and feet growing back. Yes, top of head has a noticeable amount of hair, growing back. Drinking a lot more water than before and have cut Lisinopril down to 1/2 dosage to try and figure out light headed feelings. Had several dizzy and sweat issues, but all bloodwrk is normal. Just did nuclear stress test and all is normal. Age is almost 64. Will not ride motorcycle until solving numbness in head issues. BP normal. 120/62 . Pee a lot more. Back pain is a concern as well. Tried contacting Lily, no luck"

Dave P. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking half pill of 25 mg. daily for 1 week then started a full pill of 25 mg daily . my blood sugar drops from 250 to 190 in the morning . of course also I am taking twice a day 1000 mg of metformin and 10 mg of gluburide twice daily . after the jardiance I noticed loss of weigh 2 pounds in 2 weeks and increased of hearts beats ."

Zouzou007 March 23, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "For controlling sugar level, medicine is good. But I lost 5 kg of weight in 3 months"

Rajesh Dixit (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have only taken this medication for a week and had to stop. The need to go pee every hour, including at night is keeping me from sleeping and I drive for a living. After only just a week, I also got a yeast infection and my back is in constant pain. I am also incredibly thirsty and this medicine is increased my craving for sugary drinks, which I have not drank in years. The second day on thus medicine, my blood sugar was 302. This is a number I've never had before. My blood sugar reads about 200 on a bad day and generally runs 150 average. My week on this medicine, my average blood sugar reading was 220. Two days after going off, my blood sugar started going down again. Thus medicine raised my blood,sugar significantly."

IAMMARIE February 28, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Have been on Jardiance 10mg for 5-months. No bad side effects at all. I do need to drink a lot of water and pee a lot, but, for me, this is not a problem. I lost 8% of body weight while taking Jardiance and walking a couple of miles per day for three weeks. Waking blood sugar dropped from 115-130 to 90-100. I stopped the walking and most of the weight returned. A1C has varied from 5.1-5.9, not a big change. Morning blood sugar has gone up to 100-115 range without the walking. Before Jardiance. I had a retina stroke which generally related to plaque in my carotid arteries, and was attracted to Jardiance based on published study results that unexpectedly showed significant reduction of cardiac events. Have had no recurrence of eye problems."

PGCPaul (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on this for 3 months, I have lost 30 pounds. My A1C went from 12.7 to 6.1. My blood sugar numbers went from 230 to 98 I have not had any of the negative side effects. I have not had dry mouth or waking up to urinate as some others have experienced. This medication has worked great for me so far."

Los32 November 21, 2015

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am a Type 1 Diabetic and my Dr and I were really concerned with how high my A1C was and he put me on this about 6 ago, I was taking Lisinopril until he told me about this medication that would help lower my A1C and cause me to lose a little weight, I said lets try it. I am not overweight but have noticed that I lost about 8 lbs and my blood sugars have decreased alot, everything he warned me about I did experience like frequent urination (which is the sugar being excreted from your body through urine) and extreme thirst to be expected. The only thing I have noticed is that my blood sugar range seems to be going up again which I will go back in to see my Dr about. Other than that this medication has been great for me."

Anonymous November 17, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on Jardiance for about 6 months, a month into taking it my hair started falling out. I'm not talking about just a little either, normally I have very thick long hair. But whenever I brushed my hair the brush was full of hair, it was all over my clothes. By the time I got my doctor convinced it had only started doing that after taking Jardiance my hair was so thin you could see my scalp. The doctor was convinced when I showed him the bag of hair that I had lost. Now it's in my records for me not to take this medicine, my hair is growing back but it's going to be a while yet before it's back to the way it was before Jardiance"

it's not me October 30, 2015