User Reviews for Empagliflozin

Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
3.3

Reviews for Empagliflozin

Pamelashablamela · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2021

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “At first I really loved this drug. My glucose levels were better. I have only been taking it a couple of months and got the worst vaginal yeast in my life. (Haven’t had one in 15 years.) My feet hurt all the time and I can’t walk long distances due to severe leg pain. I have never had leg pain like this I am always the energetic one that is ready to go on a hike. This week I wanted to do a hike in Sequoia Nat’l Park but I just couldn’t do it due to the severe leg pain and ROARING yeast infection. I think when I get back home to Texas I need to get on a healthy low carb life style and stick to it along with moderate exercise. This experience while on vacation was a huge wake up call. Today is June 8, 2021. I am scared of Jardiance and the possible long term complications of its use.”

Disappointed User · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2021

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “So very disappointed in this experience. The manufacturer, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, gives all kinds of warnings about total kidney failure and to drink lots of water. BUT, they won't tell you what LOTS OF WATER is. They say they can't give medical advice but they sure can scare the heck out of you telling you can get total kidney failure from dehydration. They should be fined and this thing should be removed from the market. Hard to believe they won't explain how much water you need to drink with a straight answer.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 6, 2021

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “I have been on this drug for a few years and have lost about 14 lbs in this time. It worked very well at first and kept my sugar levels down. But it made me tired and my legs ached. My feet have become swollen and tingly so I have now stopped taking this. This side effect does not seem to be listed on anything I have read but I have seen it mentioned in some of the comments on here.”

Jools52 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2020

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “1994 diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. On metformin and gliclacides till 2000. Then on insulin. Now trying Jardiance. Huge vagina sensitivity and soreness on 10mg. Come off and it goes away. So only thing that works for me is low carb eating. Tried them all. 5 2 diet. WW Slimming world. Milkshakes. Only thing to get weight off and sugars down is low carb less than 40g per day. It's cheaper for you who have to pay for drugs. I reduce insulin. I lose my sweet tooth. It has worked before for me. Now doing it again and it's working again. Please do take care of yourselves. Eyes and feet first to go awry. Then kidneys etc. Read all you can on low carb. Thank you x”

Wxstorm November 12, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I began 10 mg of Jardiance on April 09th, 2019. I weighed 224.4 lbs on that day. Seven months later, I have lost -32.6 lbs or about 15 % of body weight. Jardiance has been well tolerated with no side effects other than urinating more frequently. I have walked on a treadmill and began eating green vegetables and avoiding pizza and fried foods but Jardiance gave me a significant boost in dropping weight. My blood pressure is running about 125/75. Glucose A1C is 7.4%. Doing better.”

Rhonnie · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 8, 2020

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was put on jardiance I felt great for a year, minus the chest infections yeast infections but I trusted my Dr. One day I developed a small pea sized lump in my groin area, and by the next morning my whole pelvic area was red and swollen. I ended up in ER for a week on strong IV antibiotics. This drug causes necrotizing fasciitis (a super serious infection). I am still dealing with the aftermath. This is a dangerous drug. If its too good to be true ...,,,,,,,,its too good to be true”

Me · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2020

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was put on jardiance for type 2 diabetes, I also have heart disease. This medication worked for it dropped my a1c from 11 to 7.4 in three months and I didn't change anything my diet or exercise regime. But if its to good to be true than it is I have had 3 UTI's right back to back on 6 different antibiotics, each UTI was worse than the one before. Very painful when I peed, my vagina swelled and hurt so bad, it burned when I peed like my urine was acid. So I went off Jardiance and eventually the UTI's went away. Then I ended up with a yeast infection from all the antibiotics I was on. This medication is very dangerous. I am scared that my kidneys might be damaged from this medication. I don't understand what use in this medication that it causes UTI, and yeast infections, and it could cause gangrene of the genitals!!! Like what is in this medication. Dose anyone know the answer to that?”

pam · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 4, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been put on this drug at first it felt like I was going to get a urinary tract infection for almost a week then that went away. I noticed then I started losing weight and my blood sugar went down. I love this drug because it keeps my weight down and sugar down. I was surprised when I got on the scale that I was losing weight and not even trying. I didn't have to starve myself to get my sugar and weight down.”

Georb · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 14, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was put on jardiance last year as I have type 2 diabetes, and have lost over a stone in weight and got my blood sugar levels under control. I have avoided any yeast infection. I do urinate more often and need to ensure that I do not get dehydrated. So far I am very pleased with this drug.”

K · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2020

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Terrible experience on this medication. The side effects was unbearable Painful urination. My bladder was full and in pain all the time, back pain. My genital area was raw. Yeast infections all while taking the medication. The side effects outnumbered its benefits. If you experience similar side effects, consult your doctor. Please!”

ivo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 30, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I use metformin, Jardiance and Ozempic for diabetes and have LOST over 60 lbs in 8 months. I look great but the UTI's are constant and this really worry me, also the rashes mean I am using cortisone creams all the time is not healthy but I have no choice as this is the first time in 20 years I can control my sugar - but i am asking my self if this is safe for my kidneys and bladder so it is complicated is it the lesser evil?”

Trying hard · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2020

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “On the first day of taking 10 mg of Jardiance my blood glucose dropped 40 points. On the fourth day of taking 10 mg of Jardiance my back was so sore I could not get up from sitting or bend over. It felt like a very back back muscle sprain in my mid back. My kidneys were screaming. I had no UTI but my kidneys did not do well on this medication and the back pain was severe.”

Kia · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 29, 2020

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “These drug Jardiance seemed like a godsend when I first started taking it around 9 months ago. At first I was on 10mg and the only symptom I was having was excessive thirst and I could handle that but in the last 4 months since an increase to 25mg I have been suffering constantly with a yeast infection. I even spoke to my Doctor about it and had a weeks course of Fluconazole which helped for less than a week and now even after creams and tablets I still have a yeast infection that will not go away and a UTI. Before I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 in 2018 I had never had a UTI or a YI but now I suffer constantly. The long term side effects are also a worry as no one really knows what they are capable of. I know one thing though, I cannot continue with this medication.”

Pamcakes September 30, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was on Jardiance before and had a lot of trouble with itching swelling down there, but didn’t tie it to the medication. I tried yeast medication, a mild soap, anti fungal soap, a soap specially formulated for women. Did stop it for several weeks and rash cleared....still didn’t associate it this medicine. Been back on Jardiance maybe 4-6 days and I’m a mess! Swollen front and back. Inflamed, red itching!!! Will not take this ever again. Signed MISERABLE”

Intrepidone · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “73 year old male diagnosed about 5 years ago as type 2 diabetic. Been controlling with diet, exercise and metformin, 500 mg twice a day. Blood pressure recently spiked after minor surgery. Cardiologist wanted my GP to become more aggressive with my 7.6 A1C. Started me on a dose 10 mg a day of Jardiance about 6 weeks ago. Just had first blood tests. A1C dropped to 7.2 and fasting Glucose dipped from 170-180 range to 130-150. I assume next testing will show the full effect on A1C. I have dropped 12 pounds as of this morning. And I have experienced very mild side effects. Excessive thirst probably the most noticeable. With my insurance plan, I got a 90 day supply for 65 dollars. I hope cost remains same with refill.”

Binky · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2020

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Jardiance was a horrible drug for me! I took it for two months and it was two months too long. I didn’t experience a lot of the symptoms that so many did. My experience involved being constantly light headed and falling. I never passed out but I came close many times. My husband got to the point where he would search for me to make sure I wasn’t on the floor. I reported it to my doctor and he didn’t ask or say anything about it. I have never felt the need to call the FDA but I do with this drug!”

CPeeps · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2021

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Thank you!! My endocrinologist added Jardiance 25mg to my metformin and insulin pump regiment. Based on other reviews, I started taking it at night and yes it did make me feel a little dizzy; but this only lasted three nights. I do drink a lot of water anyway so the frequent urination didn't seem out of the norm. Roughly every couple of hours I go and no UTI issues. After one week I lost four pounds; that's a nice benefit! I've also been able to adjust down my insulin rate. I'm very satisfied so far with this medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 16, 2020

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Jardiance appeared to be making a slight difference in lowering my blood sugars when combined with insulin. As time went on, I started to experience repetitious yeast infections to the point I had to discontinue the medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “My physician prescribed Jardiance to me 8 days ago. Immediately, I didn't feel good but didn't contribute it to this medication until yesterday. I woke up, couldn't stand or much less walk with becoming extremely dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous and faint. Extreme thirst was also an issue but not near as bad as other symptoms. I called my physician. They had me to discontinue the medication and come immediately to the office. He stopped this medication and I'm trying to flush my system. I've been in bed the majority of the past two days. I will not be taking this medication again. The side effects are too horrible.”

YOYO · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I been on Jardiance, for 6 months. I have had a yeast infection for months, burning itching. My feet and legs has tingling and pain. I am going to speak with my PCP amount another medication. I am no longer going to continue on this medication with so many side effects”

Bigmotter · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 13, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “On Jardiance for type 2 diabetes and now have a major bleeding rash on the head of my penis as a side effect. Other side effects also; thirsty constantly, light headed when getting up from sitting, small reduction in A1C but not significant. I believe this medication Jardiance is very dangerous and is being marketed to only make money and not provide any positive benefits. I stopped the medication 16 days ago and the bleeding rash is 95% gone. I would avoid Jardiance like the plague!”

MarieMcC April 20, 2017

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I took Jardiance for over 2 years. I lost weight on it without dieting. I had a yeast infection for 2 months. I told my physician I needed a break from it. I went back to Glimeperide and immediately started to gain weight. My yeast infection cleared within days of stopping Jardiance. In the mean time, I found out some much needed advice on the internet how to avoid all the infections while taking Jardiance. If you use a baby wipe to clean yourself after you urinate, the glucose will not be around to cause the UTI's and yeast infections. I went back to Jardiance. So far, I have not had reoccurring infections.”

Shawn · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “My pcp prescribed Jardiance saying it will be great since it will help my diabetes and bp as well. As soon as I started the medication, I felt tired. I felt like a zombie. I looked up side effects and this wasn’t listed so I continued the medication. I was nauseous all the time and had constipation. Onto the third week and I can’t stand the tiredness and nauseous feeling anymore. I expected to urinated often so I’m not listing that. I am now 2 days off this and I’m feeling a little better. My nausea has lessened up. I do not recommend this.”

Mel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 1, 2021

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “There were two many side effects with this drug. Yeast infections, sore joints, initial weight loss then weight gain. The insulin started reacting with Jardiance giving me hypos (low blood sugar levels) at night. When I went off it my levels became really high and I have had trouble walking. I now have restless legs and still can't walk for long periods. This is after going off it 2 months ago. My latest HBA1c is high, which is understandable however this has also affected my cholesterol levels and thyroid. This has never happened in the past. I wish I was never introduced to this drug! I am now scared about what damage it has done to my kidneys. When I explained this to my endocrinologist she said all drugs have side effects!”

Cat · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2020

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “This Jardiance drug is horrible. Before this I have not had a yeast infection in 12 years and 7 days on this medication I get a RAGING yeast infection and could not sleep for two days. I am not taking it anymore and have fully committed to diet and exercise to try to keep glucose levels at a “normal” level. My A1c has dropped from 11.3 to 8.2 in a year and my glucose levels usually range from 180 to 280. Anything lower I feel comatose. I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes 17 years ago....”

AJ3 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 9, 2020

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have gotten along absolutely great on Jardiance. My A1C was 5.6 at last check. I was blessed to get multiple boxes of Jardiance samples from my Dr. Took my prescription to be filled at pharmacy today. I learned that a months supply is $477(I am on Medicare). We are a middle income couple, but this in no way fits into our budget. We purchased a weeks supply, at $128. I’ll be checking back with my Dr. for a change in medication, sadly. Only side effect from Jardiance, cost!”

Sa · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2019

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Jardiance was added to my glipizide routine. I took it for 3 weeks and had to come off due to the severity of the side effect . The first few days were the worst and I thought I'd give the medicine time, maybe I just have to grow accustomed to the change. Don't do that. If it's not working for you, get off the medication. I became a zombie. The worst were the two painful yeast infections (I don't get many). I was losing memory, constantly nauseous and growing more weak over the course of the medication. I had minor bouts of all the other side effects listed, such as constipation. The thirst was extreme. It also took a few days to recover from the side effects after being taken off.”

LBono · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2021

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was started on 10 mg dose approximately 3 weeks ago. My glucose levels have improved from 200-300 on Metformin 2000 mg daily to 120's - 150's with the addition of Jardiance 10 mg. Now she wants me to increase my dose of Jardiance to 25 mg daily with the Metformin. I took my first 25 mg this morning and am nervous ! I do urinate more but drink lots of water and diet green tea. I have not weighed so I don't know about weight loss yet. I have not had any problem with UTI or yeast infections. I did when my glucose level was higher. From what I know, this medication removes glucose from your system and eliminates it through the kidneys and bowel. Hence you have the increased risk for candida. If I have any problems I'll let you know!”