User Reviews for Empagliflozin

Also known as: Jardiance

Learn more about Empagliflozin.

Diabetes, Type 2 56 reviews 141 medications

6.6
Summary of Empagliflozin reviews 56 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Empagliflozin

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on this for 2 weeks and while I haven't checked my sugar levels it may not matter as I cannot stand peeing every one to one and a half hours. Its like I pee all night and all morning and then I'm terribly thirsty all after noon - early evening. Then I go to bed and it starts all over again. Its annoying and makes me look weird going into the bathroom every hour or so at work. Does the peeing ever lessen up? I also feel like any weight loss will only be due to water loos by constantly going to the bathroom so thats not a true weight loss... this may be the fourth Diabetes med I give up on because of the side effects."

Peelikemad (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The Jardiance ads are very misleading. EVERY SINGLE TIME a person is diagnosed with diabetes, they are INFORMED about the risks of their high cholesterol, their high triglycerides and their ease in having cardiac/heart issues - every single time, yet the Jardiance ads asks people if they are aware that diabetes can cause heart disease and they all answer in the negative - that's false because they have been advised, at the time of their diagnosis, about this - doctors are very diligent about this requirement. NOT SURPRISED YOU WON'T PRINT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

SaxLey September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Jardience has improved my ability to control my diabetes. Jardience is easy to take because it is in pill form instead of a shot. The problem I experienced while taking Jardience is a monthly yeast infection. This month, August 2017, I acquired a yeast infection and a severe case of vulvitis. My usual dose of diflucan improved my vulvitis and yeast infection but symptoms still persist. This level of discomfort has made me consider discontinuing Jardience."

priceless963 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking a combination of Jardiance 25 mg daily and Janumet 50/100 BID for about a year and 1/2. I have lost 70 pounds....was 191lb pounds now 121 pounds. Due to weight loss, Alc is now 5.8, down from 10.8. I have recently stopped the Janumet finding I no longer need both medications. Considering cutting Jardiance dose in half as well. However since stopping Janumet I have gained about 5 pounds recently..which is fine because 121 pounds was too thin for my medium size frame. I am hoping I can stop medications altogether. I highly recommend Jardiance!"

Lulabelle21st (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Jardiance gave me back pain because I was dehydrated so I decided to drink one glass of coconut water everyday to relieve the pain and it works"

K.Lockett (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been taken this medication for a year now, at first it works and my BS went down without exercise. But the problem has I always had a yeast infection and now I'm coughing a lot then I went to my doctor and had an ultrasound on the neck it came out that I had a small lymph node on my neck. That causes me coughing a lot. I`m just wondering if its one of the side effects of this medication taking 25mg. tablets. Any idea´.And one bad side effects of this medication to is back pain."

bhengby August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Emergency room visit after only three tablets. This medication will KILL. I was lucky. Don't take Jardience. You may l get ketoacidosis and you will be in emergency room. So ... NOT worth it."

Alive despite jardience (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been type 2 for over 12 yrs now. My glucose testing is anywhere from 15-21. I take Janumet, Glicizide Humalog x2 and lantus at bed, my doc started me on Jardiance 1.5 weeks ago and today my sugar was 5.6! This drug is amazing, but also I've cut out the sugared snacks and junk food. I feel amazing. My body is going through kinda of a shock because my levels were way outta whack. I recommend Jardiance to anyone that needs the boost."

Daniel H August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started it last week only took it for 2 days made me very ill stopped it after 2nd dose still poorly 10 days later glad to hear some people are having real benefit from it"

herbielicious (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on 10mg Empagliflozin for just over a month and I've lost 21 lbs in that time. I've been on 800 calorie/day low carb diet too and have found it quite easy to do. As a result I've come off insulin and I'm sure that's made it easier to lose weight. Something I haven't seen anyone mention is fluid retention. I suffered really badly from fluid retention in hot weather. When the temperature goes up, I can put on 14 lbs in 48 hours and can then barely walk my legs and feet are so swollen. Never found anything that really helped. Just had to wait for weather to cool down again and swelling reduced. Since I've been on Empagliflozin, my body is properly drained all the time. Fabulous! Love this drug. HbA1c good too."

Goldielocks61 July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Brought my blood sugar and A1C down nicely, 6.3 at last test. No side effects. Patients can get two years free on the website if covered by private insurance. Otherwise $20 copay per month with BCBS."

JM2326 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been feeling good while on Jardiance (Diab type 2). I take 12.5 mg each night. Same as a lot of folk here, I pee much more & am thirsty more often .Dropped the weight pretty much straight away with very little effort. I was taking Diabex before this. I've got to have a glucose test in the next week so we'll see how it all goes. My son's a nursing student &t his is what he said about it: 'My understanding of it is that the glomerulus which is the filtration site in the nephron (which is the functional unit of the kidney) is only designed to filter smaller particles. Glucose however is really big and shouldn't be filtered into the nephron That's what I was lead to believe. Not sure if that's true or not.' I'll hit my Dr up with this."

stemart June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have had type 2 diabetes for 16 years. I have had relativity good control with my numbers EXCEPT with my fasting blood sugars. No matter what I did, my fasting numbers were always between 180 and 220! Even when I was on an insulin pump my fasting numbers were between 150 and 170. I had to stop using the insulin pump due to "affordable" health care. My doctor prescribed me Jardiance about a month and half ago and all I can say is WOW! This is what I have been needing! My fasting blood sugars are now between 90 and 120! and my daytime numbers have held steady in that range as well! Granted, I still have to use bolus and basal insulin, but Jardiance has seemed to make my insulin SO MUCH more effective. Also no side effects with me."

sugarbetes (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My glucose level went down from 14.5 to 7.0 just in three months on Metformin 500mg twice a day and Jardiance. In addition, I have lost approximately 14 lbs. I was under the impression that I lost weight with diet and exercise. However, it has brought my blood pressure significantly low to the point I had fainted. Therefore, I have stopped taking Jardiance. My family physician recommended that I have soup or juice to deal with the low bp. I used to have low bp and it went up in the recent years, now back down again. I have gained some weight back since I have stopped Jardiance. I wish I can continue with Jardiance but with the risk of fainting again? I have mixed feelings now."

Gane M May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started Jardiance 3 months ago. Just had my first follow-up appointment with my doctor yesterday. A1c dropped from 8.0 to 6.6, fasting BG dropped from 155 to 104, lost 12 pounds and blood pressure was slightly lower. No side effects other than urinating more than I used to. Also drinking more water so I'm sure that's part of it. Also taking Metformin but it seemed to stop working after about 6 months so my doctor added Jardiance. Feel great and couldn't be happier...25 pounds to go."

Jeff44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took Jardiance for over 2 years. I lost weight on it without dieting. I had a yeast infection for 2 months. I told my physician I needed a break from it. I went back to Glimeperide and immediately started to gain weight. My yeast infection cleared within days of stopping Jardiance. In the mean time, I found out some much needed advice on the internet how to avoid all the infections while taking Jardiance. If you use a baby wipe to clean yourself after you urinate, the glucose will not be around to cause the UTI's and yeast infections. I went back to Jardiance. So far, I have not had reoccurring infections."

MarieMcC April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I had an A1C of 9.3 on my last test. My doctor/nurse suggested Jardiance 25mg. Since then I've never had high glucose levels I've had over the last month and a half. I'm consistently around or below 100. I'm feeling great. I have forced myself to drink more during the day and I'm amazed at the difference. I've been a type 2 diabetic for over 30 years, eventually going from oral meds, then insulin by syringe, now on insulin pump. I honestly believe Jardiance has been the answer to my prayers. Lately I've had numerous low glucose readings and I'll be discussing this with my Endocronologist soon. However, I am feeling near normal with my control lately. "

John Treadaway (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took this for a month and had no side effects was doing great. Then when I started the second month I broke out in a horrible rash with aching joints and swelling in my feet and then it slowly progressed to arms. I ran a low grade fever...I was miserable! I was so hoping this would work for me. I just can't understand after taking a whole month why it took so long for side effects to show up. I would've rated this to 10 a month ago!"

Nightmare hair girl April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've started jardiance 25mg 3 days ago first day I was going to the toilet every 45 mins, second day just over an hour. My sugar levels have gone down plus I've lost 2lb in 3 days ..no side effects yet fingers crossed.."

Roz786 March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Stopped taking it after 2 months. It gave me terrible joint and back pain. Hope you have better luck."

teddyhoyt (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took jardiance for about 3 months. During that time I lost over a stone and felt much livelier. But my blood sugar went up slightly, so doc refused to prescribe me any more. They then forced me onto victoza which is making me I'll. I had no bad side effects with jardiance. Yes I used to pee more, but at least it got rid of the diarrhea I had before taking it. No thrush or anything, though the doc was hoping I'd get thrush so they could stop it. The docs seem to be completely against these for some reason. Trying to get it back."

Cool jools (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "has anyone heard of bladder cancer as a result of taking Jardiance ? I am been treated for early stages of it"

robstero (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started 10 mg on Dec 19th and started a severe yeast infection Dec 25 and then into a Bacterial vaginitis. I have been treating this now since Dec 26th, and stopped the med with my doctors orders. I will never take this again. I have spent a fortune on OTC meds, with poor results. Now doing steroid creams and will start antibiotics next week. This has been miserable and my sugars are up because of the infections. Just be careful with these new meds."

jpinperth (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been diabetic type 2 for 10 years and was under control with diet and exercise plus medication but this year glucose level has been slightly high so the doctor added the Empagliflozin 10mg one daily. The first week I was experiencing headache and weak in the legs stayed in bed went to bathroom more than frequently. After a week this settled down and I lost a few pounds in my weight. However I started getting yeast infection around my stomach and on the backside which was uncomfortable. stayed on the tablets for one month and the yeast infection remained so doctor discontinued the tablets. The medication side effects out weigh the benefits."

Stan Rashid (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Jardiance for just over a year - I have NOT experienced any side effects whatsoever - MORE importantly this drug has reduced my blood sugar levels to an average of 5 and has maintained this level, quite incredible as nothing else has worked previously - I have named Jardiance as the "diabetic wonder drug" although my Doctor keeps reminding me there is no such thing as a wonder drug - I disagree this is MY wonder drug - thank you Jardiance you have changed my life completely astonishing result."

Jerry UK (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2017