User Reviews for Empagliflozin

Also known as: Jardiance

Diabetes, Type 2

Summary of Empagliflozin reviews 6.0 111 reviews

Reviews for Empagliflozin

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I’m so sick to my stomach. I always have yeast infection in my private area. Gonna ask to get off it."

Fancy Nancy (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 11, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started taking Jardiance on July 16th. My A1C was at 8.0. Eating junk most days, no exercise. I started a daily fast walk of about 2.5 miles, started eating better, and with the help of Jardiance, the pounds starting flying off. I've lost 25 pounds since then, and my A1C is down to 5.5. Couldn't recommend this more!"

ferr3816 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking this medication in June of 2018. My A1C was 9.8 my weight was 166lb I'm youngish (40) drink at least a gallon of water a day, walk close to 11k steps a day and still could not reduce my A1C. In Sept 2018 I went back to the A1C test and it was 7.1 & my weight was 158lb. Re: the UTIs and other female issues - I have not had the experience, but as recommended a cleanse the area with washcloth or water 2-3 times day. So have not had the issue. (sorry for any guys on this) the reason why the UTI and vaginal irritation occur is the drug is causing glucose (SUGAR) to leave your body through the urine. So when the urine dries or isn't cleaned/wiped away properly we are prone to infection. Just my two cents and hope it helps you."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking Jardiance in June 2018. Took it for about a month. I didn't notice much change in my hydration but then again, I drink over a gallon of water a day. Urinated every two hours or so. But the constant yeast infection, waking every two hours during night, and itchy skin rashes that caused me to scratch so much I actually hurt myself......so NOT worth it. I stopped taking it after a month. Before I was taking this medication, my blood sugars were between 120-140. During the time I was taking it, no change. After I stopped taking it, my blood sugars are between 180-225! I don't eat sugar or carbs, eat a clean Ketogenic diet and exercise regularly. My A1C was 6.1 before taking this stuff! I go back to my endocrine next week. Will see what my numbers say.....I am truly disappointed with the blood sugar results but am hoping that this will eventually fix itself. For me, Jardiance was not worth it."

Rosee (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Jardiance definitely brought down my A1C but I could not deal with the constant yeast infection!"

Jazz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I had all side effects. Dizzy lethargic hard to focus, lightheaded ness wasn’t worth the potential benefits only took it for one week"

Hifi (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "On this med for about 8 months. A1C numbers have been good. I do drink a lot of water and some coffee and have to urinate every 3 to 4 hours. My only complaint to this point is that I awake between 3 and 4 am every single morning because I have to urinate and cannot fall back to sleep. Keep in mind I drink no fluids after 7 pm and I am normally asleep by 11. In about a month the clocks go back so I could be getting up at 2 am."

inertia40 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I’ve been able to keep my blood sugar down on a daily bases. My a1c was in normal range at my last dr appointment! I’ve lost 40lbs and have come off my blood pressure medicine. I do have frequent UTI and yeast infections. I take medicine for those and drink tons of water. I wish there was a way to combat those. But having the diabetes under control is worth it!"

LHouser September 23, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am a 64 year old male. I have been using Glimeperide and Metformin ER for the last 5 years. In 2013 my A1C was 6.7 but in the last 6 months my A1C numbers were 7.2 and 7.4. My doctor and I wanted to get it below 7. My last A1C under 7 was in May 2015 when it was 6.9. I started 10 mg of Jardiance on July 2, 2018 in addition to the Glimeperide and Metformin. I had an endocrinology appt this week, and in less than 3 months my A1C has gone down from 7.2 to to 6.4. I have had no side effects . Plus, with the Jardiance coupon I pay nothing for the medication. They cover my $150 deductible for a 3 month supply. I highly recommend."

Billy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on JARDIANCE for 7 weeks, cannot satisfy my thirst, always craving a drink. Then pee pee ongoing. Having to get up 3 times in the night for the toilet. Some days feeling lethargic and light headed. Plus point is being overweight I have lost 1 stone mainly round my waist in 6 weeks, so a quick fix weight loss for me. I will run with this with my side effects as long as the numbers reduce in levels and weight. The pee pee and waking me up is annoying."

Steve Mc (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Diabetics specalist put me on it for weight loss 2 1/2 years later still no weight loss but have had several episodes of thrush in vagina which I have never had before. I am on insulin but I am insulin resistant. I watch my diet but exercise is hard as its too hilly here and I am 70. I am about 72 kilos and sometimes go as low as 70kilos . I'm up urinating every hour at night since being on jardiance I have always drank 2 litres of water daily. My kidneys have been painful and one has decreased in size to 9 other one ok still 11 but they were both ok 2yrs ago after tests so I blame jardiance."

margaret (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on this med for 4 months, lost about 12 pounds, drinking not less than 80 ounces of water daily, cut back on food however, my ACL level shot up from 7.8 to 9.9. Needless to say I am devastated."

Sparkles (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Severe pain in both kidneys and urinary track after taking 3 months of Jardiance no effect on my sugars .Extreme thirst and urination .."

Kornelia (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "For Diabetes, Type 2. Before using this my blood sugar level was around 250. But after using this medicine now blood sugar level is now within 110 so I am very satisfied. Also maintain my weight..I used jardiance 10 mg 1 tablet. after meal."

Pratap Motwani.nagpur August 27, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Was taking for three months. I stayed dehydrated, had vaginal itching and yeast infection that would not go away and three UTI's. I do not recommend"

SMS (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This drug, combined with a bunch of other garbage from my doctor has done nothing more than cause issues. My blood sugars are still high, I've had chronic pain in the abdomen since taking this for four days, stopped taking all the meds and hoping my body heals itself. Seems like most of us are nothing but Guinea pigs for the pharmaceutical companies. A week now of feeling like garbage I just wish it would stop. And then he wants to put me on an injectable med also to help lower my a1c.... all because I was stressed out and it made my sugar high. Hadn't taken any of the meds he prescribed for two years and was normal then he throws out your levels are high you need to take this and this and this, so I do and I'm worse - I will never listen to the diabetes doctor again. Listen to your body"

Mel (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I switched to empagliflozin from Pioglitazone (swelling in left foot) after two years. Currently four months on Empagliflozin one UTI have lost 18 pounds A1C about the same 7.1 but constant thirst and need to urinate. Seeing pharmacist tomorrow about possibility of Onglyza but may stay with Empagliflozin due with side result of Onglyza being possibility of pancreatitis."

denbee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took Jardiance 25 mg along with Janumet 50/1000 for about a year and half. A1c went from 10.8 to 5.8. I lost 70 pounds. Because I lost weight, I had to cut dosages in half for both meds. However, this seemed to be too much still. Then side effects became too much -lethargy, anxiety, muscle aches. increased appetite. I then tried just one of the meds...with Jardiance -even with the dosage halved (12.5 mg), the hunger and anxiety continued. I have gained 15 pounds back. I now take Janumet only at halved dose - 50/500, still some side effects but they are minimal."

Sharon August 5, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Fractured my tailbone I guess 1 year previously. Took jardiance and when I tell u my tail bone started burning like fire while on this medicine, I had to stop taking, not sure what it does to bones, but not for me."

rick (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Just recently started Jardiance, normal dose. Took it for 4 days. I had 24/7 stomach cramps with lots of burping. Some light nausea but not bad enough to throw up. I feel weaker than I've ever been. Stopped taking the drug immediately. This is the 5th day since I stopped the drug and all side effects are still with me with no decrease in severity. Hopefully it will were off soon."

Jimbo July 29, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have taken Jardiance for a little over a year. At first good results. Then I began to feel the constant need to urinate and could not go an hour without having to pee. This was followed by back and abdomen pain which felt like an UTI. My urine sample did not indicate an infection though I was given an antibiotic while they cultured my sample. I stopped taking Jardiance and the pain and the constant need to urinate (sometimes painfully) ceased within 3 days. I cannot help but wonder what damage the drug may have done to my kidneys and urinary track. My doctor never even suggested stopping as I had to do my on research to see that this was one of the side effects of the drug."

TexasSam (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on the last track to insulin and My Dr. gave this med "one last shot". My A1cs had been over 9.0 for 3 years. It doesn't work overnight, it's gradual. Over the past 9 months my glucose kept going down SLOWLY, my A1c again kept going down slowly. 9 months later, my A1c is down to the best it has been in a decade, and I'm now "no longer an insulin candidate". My weight is down, the swelling in my legs and feet are improving, I honestly do my best but am not the greatest with diet and exercise. Another caveat is my blood pressure has improved. You have to stick with this medication for it to work, you can't give up on it if it doesn't change instantly. If you have no medicine effects don't stop, the effects take a while but if you are like me where NOTHING was working, give this a shot."

Butterbear (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 20, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My endocrinologist prescribed Jardiance when I had unusually (for me) swollen feet. After a few months I stopped taking it because I experienced no difference in daily blood sugar levels or A1c. I had no side effects. In my case it appears to have nothing. After being off Jardiance for nearly three months now everything remains the same. Blood sugar levels for me are best regulated when I watch the carbs"

Jim (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on Jardiance for a few months, as well as metformin. The Jardiance lowered my blood Glucose, BUT! The side effects are terrible. Within months I got 2 UTI’S (urinary tract infections). Then started a third UTI right after finishing my second round of Antibiotics.. I stopped taking Jardiance, and now my bladder has become very weak, the weakness started the day after I stopped taking the medication. I believe that because of having to drink so much water to stop dehydration caused by Jardiance my bladder weakened."

Kanukgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2018

Jardiance (empagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Jardiance (Jardiamet) for about 8 months. It has helped me loose 13kgs. My sugars levels are higher than there were when I was taking Diamacron, but I’m happy with the weight loss. The main side effect is the need to urinate, sometime quite an urgent need. Rob (male)"

Rob (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2018