User Reviews for Droperidol

Also known as: Inapsine

Nausea/Vomiting 2.0

Monica October 9, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I was given Droperidol in the ER for a migraine. It was the worst mistake ever! Within minutes of it being administered to me I felt extremely anxious, my blood pressure shot up, I was having very hard time breathing and l felt like I was going die. Only thing this medicine did for me was make me very groggy. I absolutely hated the way I felt and I continued to feel some of the side effects the next day. I will NEVER take this medicine again and I DO NOT recommend it!”

C-Section Patient · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2017

Inapsine (droperidol) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I was given inapsine for nausea during delivery by caesarian. While lying on the operating table I developed an extreme case of RLS, restless arms, actually, since my lower body was completely anesthetized. The only relief was flailing my arms and shaking them vigorously. I passed out shortly thereafter and that was the end of that. Fifteen years later I experienced somewhat extreme RLS and immediately recognized it as the same way my arms had felt during delivery (post-inapsine). The RLS continued for months and was likely due to taking sertraline. When I finally made the connection, I tapered off the sertraline and haven't had an episode since. Perhaps those who have RLS due to inapsine are more likely to have the same reaction to SSRIs.”

Dian-n-n-naGK February 11, 2016

Inapsine (droperidol) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I receive inapsine or droperidol in an ER visit to assess a small gastric bleed related to gastroparesis. The nausea and vomiting had persisted for 2 days. However, within 10 minutes of the drug administration, I became severely restless and unable to remain in the bed. I suffered the worst episode of restless leg syndrome in my life, but it involved my upper body and arms, too!. I paced, stretched, and moved constantly trying to achieve some comfort. I became repeatedly tangled in the IV tubing. Finally, I relaxed after having received several IV or IM doses of diazepam. I remained awake at home until the following morning.”

KRISTIN C. · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2015

Inapsine (droperidol) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I have been a nurse since 1984 and a paramedic since 1990. In New Orleans,in 1993, while working on an ambulance, I became nauseated and began vomiting. Went home,changed ,had someone drive me 2 ER @ a Hospital in Harahan(nice subdivision.) I expected 2 get the usual treatment of IV Saline and the SAFE anti-emetic Phenergan. I told the ER DOC I was VERY ALLERGIC 2 REGLAN. He injects me with Inapsine(Droperidol) because he wants to see how it worked - even though people with allergy to Reglan should NEVER be given Inapsine. I had already been declared clinically dead 2 years prior in a car accident, But was revived. This So-called drug causes Irregular heartbeats. I thought I was going 2 die. It was much worse than actually dying.”