User Reviews for Droperidol

Also known as: Inapsine

Droperidol has an average rating of 1.7 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings on Drugs.com. 0% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 83% reported a negative effect.

Nausea/Vomiting
1.7
Summary of Droperidol reviews 1.7 6 reviews

Monica October 9, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I was given Droperidol in the ER for a migraine. It was the worst mistake ever! Within minutes of it being administered to me I felt extremely anxious, my blood pressure shot up, I was having very hard time breathing and l felt like I was going die. Only thing this medicine did for me was make me very groggy. I absolutely hated the way I felt and I continued to feel some of the side effects the next day. I will NEVER take this medicine again and I DO NOT recommend it!”

Bad side effects · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2021

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I went to the emergency room cause I was having sickle cell pain and the pain meds they was giving me was not working the dr. wanted to try Droperidol. The dr said this can also work for pain even though it’s usually use for nausea and vomiting I was ok with any meds that would take my pain away. Seconds after the nurse gave it to me though the IV my body felt weird my legs and arms was so restless I couldn’t keep still in bed I left my room cause I couldn’t stay in one spot my heart was beating fast , it made me feel real hyper I was really hot. It made me sleepy but my mind and body wouldn’t let me sleep and my pain never went away at all . I went though this for a whole day feeling so horrible ... in my opinion this is not a good drug !”

KRISTIN C. · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2015

Inapsine (droperidol) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I have been a nurse since 1984 and a paramedic since 1990. In New Orleans,in 1993, while working on an ambulance, I became nauseated and began vomiting. Went home,changed ,had someone drive me 2 ER @ a Hospital in Harahan(nice subdivision.) I expected 2 get the usual treatment of IV Saline and the SAFE anti-emetic Phenergan. I told the ER DOC I was VERY ALLERGIC 2 REGLAN. He injects me with Inapsine(Droperidol) because he wants to see how it worked - even though people with allergy to Reglan should NEVER be given Inapsine. I had already been declared clinically dead 2 years prior in a car accident, But was revived. This So-called drug causes Irregular heartbeats. I thought I was going 2 die. It was much worse than actually dying.”

Dian-n-n-naGK February 11, 2016

Inapsine (droperidol) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I receive inapsine or droperidol in an ER visit to assess a small gastric bleed related to gastroparesis. The nausea and vomiting had persisted for 2 days. However, within 10 minutes of the drug administration, I became severely restless and unable to remain in the bed. I suffered the worst episode of restless leg syndrome in my life, but it involved my upper body and arms, too!. I paced, stretched, and moved constantly trying to achieve some comfort. I became repeatedly tangled in the IV tubing. Finally, I relaxed after having received several IV or IM doses of diazepam. I remained awake at home until the following morning.”

C-Section Patient · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2017

Inapsine (droperidol) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I was given inapsine for nausea during delivery by caesarian. While lying on the operating table I developed an extreme case of RLS, restless arms, actually, since my lower body was completely anesthetized. The only relief was flailing my arms and shaking them vigorously. I passed out shortly thereafter and that was the end of that. Fifteen years later I experienced somewhat extreme RLS and immediately recognized it as the same way my arms had felt during delivery (post-inapsine). The RLS continued for months and was likely due to taking sertraline. When I finally made the connection, I tapered off the sertraline and haven't had an episode since. Perhaps those who have RLS due to inapsine are more likely to have the same reaction to SSRIs.”

SmileyBear · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2021

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I was having extreme sharp pain in my upper abdomen, liver and GB areas @2 in the AM so I had to be rushed to the ER. After giving me the Droperidol, within the first 2 hours, I felt very groggy & sleepy. Once I woke up, my legs & arms were so restless, I couldn’t keep still or stay in one spot. I was pacing & constantly moving, felt extremely anxious, & was having very hard time breathing & l felt like I was going crazy. My heartbeat was elevated (about 100 bpm). I continued to feel some of the side effects later that day but more intense. My husband called the hospital, told them my symptoms & they told him that all of my side effects were from the Droperidol & for me to take 50 mgs Benadryl. After about an hour, my body & heartbeat finally calmed down & I fell asleep. Come to find out this drug has interactions with 2 other medications I’m on. We were furious that the Dr didn’t check my records before giving it to me. I will NEVER take this med again and I DO NOT recommend!”