User Reviews for Benadryl Allergy to treat Urticaria

Benadryl Allergy has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Urticaria. 20% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 20% reported a negative experience.

Benadryl Allergy rating summary

4.8/10 average rating

Compare all 85 medications used in the treatment of Urticaria.

Tweet_WA · Taken for 2 to 5 years · January 6, 2015

“I have suffered with chronic uticaria for over 10 years and over the last 6 months it has become a daily nightmare. Benadryl worked a bit but it was probably due to the sedating effect allowing me to sleep. However, I can now take 4 tablets and still itch. I've combined this with an H2 blocker such as Zantac and it helps enough to be able to sleep a couple of hours and then I'm awoken to intense itching.”

Anonymous · July 14, 2010

“Benadryl does knock me out but when I have bad hives, it works a lot better than other antihistamines. I get them bad enough sometimes that I have to be on prednisone as well.”

margemccahon · December 10, 2008

“Benadryl made my 16yr old so sleepy that he had to be sent home from school but it did take away his hives.”

Anonymous · December 6, 2009

“I've been taking Benedryl Allergy every four hours today to try to get some relief from my hives, but it hasn't helped at all. The most relief I felt was during an oatmeal bath.”

Lizelou · September 16, 2009

“My 2 1/2 year old son took this because of Hives/Welts. It helped with the itching but thats it. It made him very hyper.”

Learn more about Urticaria