User Reviews for Aleve PM

Learn more about Aleve PM.

Pain 8 reviews 1094 medications

6.8
Insomnia 10 reviews 109 medications

5.7
Summary of Aleve PM reviews 18 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Aleve PM

For Pain "Just want to say I would never buy Aleve pm. I was in pain, I couldn't sleep so I took some Aleve pm and didn't work. I was up all night so I tried the next day and still didn't work. Was so disappointed"

Anonymous November 23, 2016

For Pain "I ached all over while on a camping trip and was restless so I took 1 Aleve to take the edge off and quickly felt myself drifting off to la la land. I was woken by sharp stomach pains and tried to unsuccessfully use the bathroom. When I climbed back into my tent I began experiencing itchy palms and soles of my feet. Being that I was camping I thought I must have gotten into something poisonous but then I felt my tongue starting to swell and I started to wheeze. Fortunately I was in a place the had a medic tent where they assessed me to find my blood pressure through the roof & my pulse skyrocketing. After 30 or so minutes the side effects began to subside and my vitals went back to normal & the Aleve went into the trash. Read side effects"

Sundays September 6, 2016

For Insomnia "I decided to take an eleve pm pill so I could sleep better because I have insomnia... it was the worst move over. I slept at 11 and woke up at 1 and ive been up since. I have class today at 8 and this was the worst choice I ever did. My head hurts and I have a dry mouth so I've been drinking alot of water. I seriously DO NOT recommend."

BeckG August 22, 2016

For Insomnia "I have taken this medication several times for insomnia and I found that every night that I do so it's like a war zone for me . I wake up every hour or even more frequently and I'm shaken out of my sleep . I find that overall it does not help me sleep it just makes for a difficult difficult night ."

Nikita157 July 11, 2016

For Insomnia "I took these pills and still woke up several times throughout the night. My aches are gone but I woke up more times after taking the Aleve PM than I normally do not taking anything."

Debbie Downer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2016

For Insomnia "I've started to have trouble sleeping due to hot flashes periodically. I also have arthritis in my left knee and foot which causes aching. I have found that when I take 1 Aleve pm, I don't have to worry about waking up during the night for either of these. I just need to do some research on repercussions if I continue to take these."

InlineJD June 10, 2016

For Insomnia "It works wonders for me i finally can sleep through the night"

Anonymous April 16, 2016

For Pain "I have Sickle Cell Anemia(beta thal) & avascular necrosis in both hips and shoulders. To function I HAVE to stay on top of my pain around the clock and hoped the Aleve PM would help me get sleep. I gave in and spent $10 on 20 caplets which did NOT help my pain whatsoever after taking 4 in a desperate attempt to get my pain back in control. It made no difference. I'm sleep deprived and miserable today thanks to these things. The regular Aleve is one of my go to pain relievers during the day but the PM version is a joke. I just wish I could get a refund...."

Desperate For Relief (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

For Pain "For pain and sleep. My doc gave me tylenol 3 with codeine for my fibromyalgia pain . I also have sleep apnea and insomnia. I can take the Tylenol 3 like tic tacs and it will do me no good. 2 aleve pms and I'm pain free and asleep throughout the night. Wow never thought an over the counter med would help me."

Stefanija March 24, 2016

For Pain "I took Aleve PM for chronic knee pain which causes me to wake up repeatedly throughout the night. I only took it ONE NIGHT, and, boy, that was enough! Although I slept well and was not bothered by knee pain during the night, now, approximately 12 hours later, my stomach is absolutely killing me! My stomach hurts so badly that I feel as if I may vomit. I also feel dizzy and slightly disoriented. I am throwing the remainder of the bottle, which cost around $8.00, away when I get home. Who knew there would be such hell to pay for a good night's sleep? Never again. I would rather sleep poorly than feel like vomiting which I am trying to work."

Hell to Pay (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2015

For Insomnia "I had no choice in trying Aleve pm for the 1st time last night. Horrible! And I was really praying n hoping for the best. At night its very difficult for me to get to sleep. Advil PM had always worked great but the store around my way is out of stock. I had to purchase something to get me through the night and aleave pm was my only other choice. Unfortunately, I woke up twice. I took 3 the First time, then four more 5 hour's later. Both times it took me about 3 hours to doze off. I just went back to sleep at 2am and been up since 7am. I really wish I could return these pills. They are horrible! Seriously"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2015

For Pain "Aleve PM was wonderful in helping me sleep. I had a lot of pain after a fall. What I did not realize was that it was seriously affecting my brain function. After a couple of night of taking Aleve PM, I could barely function at work. For example, I needed to take notes at a meeting. When I reviewed the notes the next day, some of the entries just did not make sense. I then read an article that said that Aleve PM could cause a 'brain fog' in people over 60 (I'm 74). After one night's sleep without Aleve (not a 'good' night's sleep) I noticed a huge improvement in my cognitive ability. Anyway, I ended up tossing out the pills."

Teddy3589 October 19, 2015

For Insomnia "This medication was awful. Not only did it not help with my sleep issues and pain, it also increased my anxiety, caused m to be paranoid and I actually started hallucinating. I do not recommend it to anyone."

AlejandraJ September 15, 2015

For Insomnia "Great! I've had insomnia for over a year now, my doctor gave me dyphenadramine but it did not work. Although Aleve is also diphenhydramine, there's something that works better about it, I have used it for about 2 weeks and only once I woke up in the middle of the night but went right back to sleep in less than 5 minutes. Really useful I highly recommend for people with insomnia"

Alma1352 (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

For Insomnia "I wake up several times during the night and cannot go back to sleep. I also take it for pain. With Aleve PM I still woke up but I was able to go back to sleep in a minimal time. My pain, from a scale of 8 was down to a 2-3. I felt better up to 6 hours after I woke up."

JamieJay1 February 26, 2015

For Insomnia "I go the gym almost every day. So I have an ache or pain somewhere ALL the time. I have a hard time falling asleep. All I need is one Aleve PM and I sleep pain free for 8 hours."

Ms Carrie January 3, 2015

For Pain "I am 56 years old and I have been unable to sleep due to pain for the past year. I do not like to take medication but was desperate for something. Discovered Aleve PM which I take at night and feel like a new person. The pain and sleep deprivation were making me sick. Aleve PM works!"

bram (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2014

For Pain "I have general nerve damage , cervical and thoracic fusion for 10 year being hit from behind. I never sleep through the night in constant pain I take pain meds but there not enough. I bought Aleve PM yesterday took it last night, it was amazing, slept the whole night good deep sleep. Not only that but I have COPD not from smoking, I usually have trouble with wheezing. It didn't happen last night. Thank you Aleve PM."

Dashobie (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2014

More about Aleve PM (diphenhydramine / naproxen)