User Reviews for Aleve PM to treat Insomnia

Aleve PM has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Insomnia. 63% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Aleve PM Rating Summary

6.7/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Aleve PM

Mrs M · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2019

“I'm so happy with this Aleve PM. Every nite when trying to sleep my brain would wake up. It worked immediately and I got deep sleep. Have some arthritis issues & they would disappear. Feel wonderful when I wake up ;) Amazing change.”

Bek · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 27, 2018

“I take 1 pill, half hour before bedtime for occasional insomnia. I fall asleep about half hour later and sleep through the night. No adverse side effects except I wake up a little zombie like in the morning. This passes quickly and I feel more rested. I may try half a pill instead as this was way too much.”

DeeCam November 28, 2017

“Only give it 8/10 because I’ve only taken it once so far. Was in a lot of pain and couldn’t sleep the night before . The night I took this I was out in about 20min and did not wake up once during the night. Took it around midnight and got up around 8:30. Wasn’t difficult to get up at all. So far so good!”

JamieJay1 February 26, 2015

“I wake up several times during the night and cannot go back to sleep. I also take it for pain. With Aleve PM I still woke up but I was able to go back to sleep in a minimal time. My pain, from a scale of 8 was down to a 2-3. I felt better up to 6 hours after I woke up.”

Alma1352 · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2015

“Great! I've had insomnia for over a year now, my doctor gave me dyphenadramine but it did not work. Although Aleve is also diphenhydramine, there's something that works better about it, I have used it for about 2 weeks and only once I woke up in the middle of the night but went right back to sleep in less than 5 minutes. Really useful I highly recommend for people with insomnia”

AlejandraJ September 15, 2015

“This medication was awful. Not only did it not help with my sleep issues and pain, it also increased my anxiety, caused m to be paranoid and I actually started hallucinating. I do not recommend it to anyone.”

InlineJD June 10, 2016

“I've started to have trouble sleeping due to hot flashes periodically. I also have arthritis in my left knee and foot which causes aching. I have found that when I take 1 Aleve pm, I don't have to worry about waking up during the night for either of these. I just need to do some research on repercussions if I continue to take these.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 7, 2018

“I take half of a capsule of Aleve PM and sleep great - I am just concerned about the long term effects. I have a lot of stomach issues and I hope this doesn't aggravate it. I try always taking 1/2 capsule and that alone puts me out! Thx”

BeckG August 22, 2016

“I decided to take an eleve pm pill so I could sleep better because I have insomnia... it was the worst move over. I slept at 11 and woke up at 1 and ive been up since. I have class today at 8 and this was the worst choice I ever did. My head hurts and I have a dry mouth so I've been drinking alot of water. I seriously DO NOT recommend.”

Nikita157 July 11, 2016

“I have taken this medication several times for insomnia and I found that every night that I do so it's like a war zone for me . I wake up every hour or even more frequently and I'm shaken out of my sleep . I find that overall it does not help me sleep it just makes for a difficult difficult night .”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2015

“I had no choice in trying Aleve pm for the 1st time last night. Horrible! And I was really praying n hoping for the best. At night its very difficult for me to get to sleep. Advil PM had always worked great but the store around my way is out of stock. I had to purchase something to get me through the night and aleave pm was my only other choice. Unfortunately, I woke up twice. I took 3 the First time, then four more 5 hour's later. Both times it took me about 3 hours to doze off. I just went back to sleep at 2am and been up since 7am. I really wish I could return these pills. They are horrible! Seriously”

NatesMawMaw · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 10, 2021

“I just couldn't get to sleep and I couldn't stay asleep. But just two Aleve PMs and I sleep like a champ. And I'm not groggy the next morning. I also have pretty bad back pain and when I take the Aleve PM I can get outta bed a heck of a lot easier than when I go without it. Sometimes I fall asleep within 20ish mins after taking it. But other times it can take up to 40 mins. So glad I found this OTC med.”

SusieP July 24, 2017

“I have recently started taking Aleve PM to help me deal with TMJ at bedtime and insomnia. I have been very happy. It appears to alleviate my jaw tension and I sleep more soundly and longer. The only odd experience I have noted is that about 12 hours after I take it (and roughly 4 hours after getting up), I have a sensation of euphoria.”

Bebe · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 23, 2020

“First, understand that no one thing works for everyone as all our systems are different, there are many factors why something works for one and not for another. For me it worked, these unhappy users didn't discourage me a bit.”

2017 mommy of 2 December 31, 2016

“I have a newborn baby and have been having issue with insomnia even when he is sleeping. Aleve worked wonders was still able to wake up when he cried but am able to fall right back asleep. Also the pain in my legs is gone too. Thanks aleve”

Lonerock44 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2021

“I've tried many solutions for my insomnia from melatonin and herbal remedies to prescription drugs but mostly without success. I've tried all of the OTC "PM" meds but the only one that showed some promise was naproxen pm. It's not great or a long term answer but it does provide some help while I continue to try out other possible remedies (recently tried Doxepin which left me drowsy the next day and now giving Trazadone a second try).”

Ms Carrie January 3, 2015

“I go the gym almost every day. So I have an ache or pain somewhere ALL the time. I have a hard time falling asleep. All I need is one Aleve PM and I sleep pain free for 8 hours.”

Mtuck · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2018

“Aleve PM makes me go to sleep and stay asleep. Kicks in fast, helps with Fibromyalgia pain. My only concern is reading about possible side effects and liver damage.”

Anonymous April 16, 2016

“It works wonders for me i finally can sleep through the night”

Tam · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2019

“I have insomnia and major leg cramps only at night. I also suffer from arthritis. I took two pills 4 hours ago and I’m still in pain and cannot sleep!”

Debbie Downer · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2016

“I took these pills and still woke up several times throughout the night. My aches are gone but I woke up more times after taking the Aleve PM than I normally do not taking anything.”

Kaye · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2020

“I’ve tried Aleve PM twice to help me sleep. It did help me sleep but crazy dreams abs wake up with a horrible headache and diarrhea and irritated. I won’t be taking it anymore”

Learn more about Insomnia