User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Osteoarthritis 45 reviews 350 medications

8.2
Pain 86 reviews 1105 medications

7.7
Summary of Voltaren Gel reviews 131 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Voltaren Gel

For Osteoarthritis "I have arthritis in my ankles, knees, sacroiliac area, and hip. I also have fibromyalgia. It hurts so much I can barely move. When ever I have pain, I use Voltaren Gel. This stuff is a lifesaver. It helps me regain my joint flexibility and I can move and walk around again. Also, I am not crying out in pain. My life was horrible before Voltaren Gel. Now, I have a normal life again and can manage my symptoms."

whicket (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I have Carpal tunnel syndrome. There are nights the pain is unbearable. I have applied prescription Voltaren Gel and it brings significant relief. I rub the gel into the wrist, palm, and fingers."

Pa Pa John 1935 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I was hit by a police car in 2002. I was in recovery for a year. From the head down. Broken jaw, 4 disks crushed my neck. Both collar bones, 7 broken ribs and a shatered pelvis. So many pills, patches and injections. Under the knife many times. A real humpty dumpty story. I have more pins, screws in me than your local hard wear store. Note: I don't want to over state the how effective it is but it works. Talking to my doctor about the pain. He gave me this to try. Well my 1st thought was "just another snake oil" But it'sfreak'in amazing, it works like magic. Why did I not recive this years ago. The Drugest gave me a stupid look. And said it just became generic. All those years I would have paid anything. When your in pain, money is no object"

Perkytires January 7, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I hit my toe and half my foot swollen."

0000pp0 December 27, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "Worked great on a muscle strain! Even helped to heal it faster. Nice mild smell. I gave it a 8/10 and not a 10/10 because it gave me side effects. Ringing in ears quite frequently as well as a very strong dizzy feeling. This began after a week of use."

Shawnsss November 24, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I think the use of putting perfume in the gel is really stupid. There are so many people allergic also someone like me with cancer and very sore and nauseated to spend money on this and it made me so sick I washed up 4 times and my hands and skin still smells strong. It gave me a headache and made my nausea worse. There is no need for perfume not to mention it's just an toxic unnecessary ingredient. I will never use this again and I will be sure to let everyone at clinic know."

Peggyboooo75 November 22, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I have rheumatoid A and Stage 4 tibia tendon dysfunctional with collapsed ankles and I use voltaran 1% now and it helps with my pain.But. if you can get 3% gel it's way better, my ins paid for it for a yr but then classified it as experimental and wouldn't cover it"

Luffer (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "Cmc jt arthritis...not sure if helps..pain same at thumb joint"

RJ4 (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I have been using it for 24hrs on right side of my right knee. It works wonders. So far no pain and it does last for 12hours for each application. I didn't expect it to work so quickly."

k.d. (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "In a waitress and have osteoarthritis on my knee and moderate foot pain due to over use on days l work. I love this stuff and call it my magic gel. It doesn't take the pain 100% away but it reduces it to a low enough level that I can sleep. Without it I am up for hours twitching and wiggling trying to find comfort after s a long dayday. The scent is mild after a few minutes, and so is my pain level. After a particularly painful day I may apply twice. I don't need this every day so a tube will last me several months, at $30 each tube it does add up but since I don't need it nightly I manage the expense."

1834 July 25, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "My dr gave me Voltaren Gel to help relieve my Ilio-Inguinal Neuralgia as a sample. I don't have a specific dosage, just when it hurts, apply the cream. It works amazing! I mainly use it for break-through pain between doses, and days like this with storms and hectic days at work, I'm able to concentrate on work instead of trying to take my mind off of the pain. Does this come in gallon size with a push handle? Maybe a bath bomb I could put in my jacuzzi tub? Just askin..."

Gerip93 July 14, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I have lived on a formal pain regimine for many years. Among other conditions, I live with psoriatic arthritis and deal with IBS/here from sensitivities to some medications. My internist prescribed Voltaren Gel for me a few years ago. My pharmacist told me to use it sparingly, that with this product less is more. I have followed her advice and use it on an as needed basis for pain that my regular meds just don't seem to control. Like when I blew a tendon in my foot walking my Service Dog or when I fell and wound up with a non-displaced fracture of my tibia. Using Voltaren Gel helped me control the pain so well that I was able to walk with a cane. It is AMAZING how effective it has been for me."

Maggie Pringlemeir (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "My muscles in my shoulder get really tense because of a pinched nerve in my neck and I also have osteoarthritis and lower back pain this stuff when I have a flare up this stuff works wonders. They now make it in generic so I can afford it now I used to not be able to afford it when it was brand only."

Kristopher-Generic Avaliable N (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 10, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I have a sprained rotator cuff. I was prescribed Voltaren for Plantar Facilities several months ago. I found no relief from the Voltaren for my feet. When I injured My shoulder, I remembered that had the Voltaren so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. WOW!! AMAZING!! Nothing I have tried orally can even come close to the Voltaren. It is like a miracle. I have never found any medication for anything that was more effective. I guess it just works better for some injuries than others. It is , however, very short acting. But the pain relief it provides is priceless. I have arthritis in my hands, I don't find it helps with that pain. For the certain types of injury it works better than narcotic medication. Smells great Absorbs quickly."

StaceyBgood July 8, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I have RSI in the wrist. I have been doing the streching exercise shown to me by my physio therapist as well as using Volt. I get No relief using it at all. Its just an expensive useless smelly cream in my experience."

Stumpu (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I live in Florida. This gel worked very nicely for my tennis elbow, shoulder pain and lower back pain. However, I JUST had an "ah ha" moment as to the mysterious, very itchy rash I have developed. The application areas reacted in the intense heat. Last summer while gardening I developed a severe lower back rash which I assumed was somehow sweat related. This year I developed the same painful, itchy rash on my right upper back (deltoid area and shoulder) down to my lower arm. Again, I thought it was from the heat and sweat. As I was applying it yesterday, I realized it was being applied directly on top of my rash. The ONLY places I have my rash. It took me long enough!! However, I did NOT get this rash in the cooler temps."

Babs727 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I am an artist and a horseback rider and for the last few months have experienced a very painful case of tendinitis in my right arm. This gel works well and very quickly in my case, and with bracing and icing I have experienced a lot of relief. The nature of this pain reliever is anti inflammatory - not numbing - so I don't think you would find use for it if your pain is not of the inflammatory nature. I get spastic and tense neck muscles all the time and find heat and massages work better. So for the right purpose it is excellent stuff. I am sensitive, delicate skinned and had no allergies but I would be careful and spot test nonetheless."

Jessybel (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "Why on earth any company would add fragrance to a medicine is beyond me when so many medical facilities have gone fragrance free. Even the low level fragrance has caused nausea after a half day's use. It's either the fragrance or a reaction to the gel. Didn't make much difference in my pain level."

Bad Side Effects (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I have been using this 3-4 times a day for just over two weeks along with one-20mg proxicam a day for Osteoarthritis, I am male-64yrs. I have not been overly impressed with either thus far. But I have noticed a little less stiffness and some range of motion. But in fairness the inflammation is no doubt very deep in both joints and would take time for the medicine to hit its target area. The Dr told me to give it time which I felt was reasonable. I find the gel to have a pleasant smell and rubs in nice and dries pretty quick. I am using the Voltaren Gel that says, diclofenac sodium topical gel 1%. Don't quote me but I believe they also make it with 2% diclofenac sodium?? With ins my cost was 42.00 for 5 tubes. Greasing both knees uses a lot"

My stiff-sore Knees April 12, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I used this for sciatic pain. The first few times it worked. Pain was reduced. Then about the 4th or 5th time I experienced a burning sensation. It was so strong that I had to wash off the medication to get relief."

Robert Roberts (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I was diagnosed with sciatic pain that affected my back and right thigh. I used the gel liberally as the pain increased. Eight days ago I stopped as my right thigh was experiencing a burning sensation in the area where I had applied the gel. I still have the burning sensation.I am on various drugs for hypettension."

cuchlane (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I had a bad reaction to this medicine; trouble breathing, tight throat, cold hands and feet, increased pulse, strong headache, then fatigue. It was very frightening, but did go away after several hours."

bobbiesm March 8, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I was having hand pains a friend put some on my hand,I had no pain for days,I went to my Dr.got a prescription, it works no ordor,it also helps my roto tear,I had a botched surgery, it helps that pain. Thanks to my friend and this company."

Blondel (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I find that right after I open a new tube the gel works great on my knees but with in about 4-5 days the same tube has lost a lot of its strength I recommend buying the smaller tubes to keep the strength up. Another person who I know also noticed this and thought it was just him but I have been using it for over a year now and the regular strength and the extra strength are both less effective after the seal has been opened 4-5 days."

TNieder February 13, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I have Peroneus Brevis Tendonitits and was prescribed Voltarin for 21 days, 4 times per day, with icing. I felt minimal improvement for the first ten days, then nothing further. A month after starting the treatment, my foot is in no better condition than it was when I started."

KateBruce (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016