User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Osteoarthritis 47 reviews 350 medications

8.2
Pain 92 reviews 1123 medications

7.7
Summary of Voltaren Gel reviews 139 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Voltaren Gel

For Pain "This gel has worked for me, but of course,everyone is different. It takes a few applications for it to work."

santanarrr June 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I started using Voltaren Gel 1% in 2015 and it really did help decrease my pain in my neck, lower back, hips, knees, ankles, elbows, and wrists. But do need to apply 4 times per day. I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type III hypermobility . My ligaments and tendons are weak and has been affecting my joints, needing to have 2 neck surgeries, bunions, and wrist surgery. I switched over to the generic Diclofenac 3% gel. Let me tell you it works! Unfortunately this higher dose costs anywhere from $600.00 - $1,100.00 for a 100 Gram tube. Downside is that it's marketed for skin Actinic Keratosis."

Sheri B (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Works really well , but the size of the tube compared to the box it comes in is very very deceiving , when I bought my 50g one thought it was going to be bigger when it came out the box I thought someone had switched it for a smaller version just look before you buy"

Jono69 May 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I have pes anserine bursitis of the knee. It like tendonitis below the knee cap. I have effectively used Voltaren Emulgel to help reduce the pain and inflammation. The pain can keep me up at night when I sleep. Best thing for recovery is rest, but I can't seem to stay away from doing cardio which causes it to come back. Voltaren has helped me manage the inflammation and still do some light cardio exercise."

jomegatau April 21, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I use it for Osteoarthritis of the knee and shoulder arthritis from torn rotator cuffs. It has helped me alleviate the need for surgery for many years. It is very effective."

SkatKat April 15, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I tried voltaren due to pain and stiffness in lower back maybe due to L5/s1 prolapse, (diagnosed on MRI but not a big one) and (probably) over doing things in the garden. I was waking up due to pain and found moving extremely difficult and painful. I was at the point of taking pain relief before bed and again at around 4 a.m. With no expectations but exasperation I tried voltaren. It really has worked very much to my surprise!!! I did not expect such a good result or any result, I was just so fed up I grabbed a tube to mix up with the oral meds! It's helped my sleep in a matter of days and I'm much more comfortable. I don't take oral pain killers now and whilst I can still feel it, it's nowhere near the way it was. I can move properly again"

Suzanne74111 April 11, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I was prescribed Voltaren Gel for the arthritis in my hands and bursitis in my elbows. I also have severe pain down the IT band area in both legs and my hips and low back give me problems (DDD in low back). Since using Voltaren Gel I can make it through the day without the aching and usually debilitating pain that I get when I don't use it. Fortunately I only need to use it once a day in the morning and that gets me through until the next day. This medicine works. It smells bad at first when you put it on but I can deal with that."

mkztg March 20, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I had back surgery 6 months ago, three discectomies, and a rod and five screws implanted. While it is stated it is not approved for spinal use, I have found Voltaren extremely beneficial. While I still have pain in the neighborhood of an 8 out of 10, I feel that it would always be a 10 without Voltaren. Many thanks to my PA for recommending it."

Hank J March 12, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I have arthritis in my ankles, knees, sacroiliac area, and hip. I also have fibromyalgia. It hurts so much I can barely move. When ever I have pain, I use Voltaren Gel. This stuff is a lifesaver. It helps me regain my joint flexibility and I can move and walk around again. Also, I am not crying out in pain. My life was horrible before Voltaren Gel. Now, I have a normal life again and can manage my symptoms."

whicket (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2017

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have Carpal tunnel syndrome. There are nights the pain is unbearable. I have applied prescription Voltaren Gel and it brings significant relief. I rub the gel into the wrist, palm, and fingers."

Pa Pa John 1935 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I was hit by a police car in 2002. I was in recovery for a year. From the head down. Broken jaw, 4 disks crushed my neck. Both collar bones, 7 broken ribs and a shatered pelvis. So many pills, patches and injections. Under the knife many times. A real humpty dumpty story. I have more pins, screws in me than your local hard wear store. Note: I don't want to over state the how effective it is but it works. Talking to my doctor about the pain. He gave me this to try. Well my 1st thought was "just another snake oil" But it'sfreak'in amazing, it works like magic. Why did I not recive this years ago. The Drugest gave me a stupid look. And said it just became generic. All those years I would have paid anything. When your in pain, money is no object"

Perkytires January 7, 2017

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I hit my toe and half my foot swollen."

0000pp0 December 27, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Worked great on a muscle strain! Even helped to heal it faster. Nice mild smell. I gave it a 8/10 and not a 10/10 because it gave me side effects. Ringing in ears quite frequently as well as a very strong dizzy feeling. This began after a week of use."

Shawnsss November 24, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I think the use of putting perfume in the gel is really stupid. There are so many people allergic also someone like me with cancer and very sore and nauseated to spend money on this and it made me so sick I washed up 4 times and my hands and skin still smells strong. It gave me a headache and made my nausea worse. There is no need for perfume not to mention it's just an toxic unnecessary ingredient. I will never use this again and I will be sure to let everyone at clinic know."

Peggyboooo75 November 22, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I have rheumatoid A and Stage 4 tibia tendon dysfunctional with collapsed ankles and I use voltaran 1% now and it helps with my pain.But. if you can get 3% gel it's way better, my ins paid for it for a yr but then classified it as experimental and wouldn't cover it"

Luffer (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Cmc jt arthritis...not sure if helps..pain same at thumb joint"

RJ4 (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I have been using it for 24hrs on right side of my right knee. It works wonders. So far no pain and it does last for 12hours for each application. I didn't expect it to work so quickly."

k.d. (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "In a waitress and have osteoarthritis on my knee and moderate foot pain due to over use on days l work. I love this stuff and call it my magic gel. It doesn't take the pain 100% away but it reduces it to a low enough level that I can sleep. Without it I am up for hours twitching and wiggling trying to find comfort after s a long dayday. The scent is mild after a few minutes, and so is my pain level. After a particularly painful day I may apply twice. I don't need this every day so a tube will last me several months, at $30 each tube it does add up but since I don't need it nightly I manage the expense."

1834 July 25, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "My dr gave me Voltaren Gel to help relieve my Ilio-Inguinal Neuralgia as a sample. I don't have a specific dosage, just when it hurts, apply the cream. It works amazing! I mainly use it for break-through pain between doses, and days like this with storms and hectic days at work, I'm able to concentrate on work instead of trying to take my mind off of the pain. Does this come in gallon size with a push handle? Maybe a bath bomb I could put in my jacuzzi tub? Just askin..."

Gerip93 July 14, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have lived on a formal pain regimine for many years. Among other conditions, I live with psoriatic arthritis and deal with IBS/here from sensitivities to some medications. My internist prescribed Voltaren Gel for me a few years ago. My pharmacist told me to use it sparingly, that with this product less is more. I have followed her advice and use it on an as needed basis for pain that my regular meds just don't seem to control. Like when I blew a tendon in my foot walking my Service Dog or when I fell and wound up with a non-displaced fracture of my tibia. Using Voltaren Gel helped me control the pain so well that I was able to walk with a cane. It is AMAZING how effective it has been for me."

Maggie Pringlemeir (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "My muscles in my shoulder get really tense because of a pinched nerve in my neck and I also have osteoarthritis and lower back pain this stuff when I have a flare up this stuff works wonders. They now make it in generic so I can afford it now I used to not be able to afford it when it was brand only."

Kristopher-Generic Avaliable N (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 10, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have a sprained rotator cuff. I was prescribed Voltaren for Plantar Facilities several months ago. I found no relief from the Voltaren for my feet. When I injured My shoulder, I remembered that had the Voltaren so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. WOW!! AMAZING!! Nothing I have tried orally can even come close to the Voltaren. It is like a miracle. I have never found any medication for anything that was more effective. I guess it just works better for some injuries than others. It is , however, very short acting. But the pain relief it provides is priceless. I have arthritis in my hands, I don't find it helps with that pain. For the certain types of injury it works better than narcotic medication. Smells great Absorbs quickly."

StaceyBgood July 8, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have RSI in the wrist. I have been doing the streching exercise shown to me by my physio therapist as well as using Volt. I get No relief using it at all. Its just an expensive useless smelly cream in my experience."

Stumpu (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I live in Florida. This gel worked very nicely for my tennis elbow, shoulder pain and lower back pain. However, I JUST had an "ah ha" moment as to the mysterious, very itchy rash I have developed. The application areas reacted in the intense heat. Last summer while gardening I developed a severe lower back rash which I assumed was somehow sweat related. This year I developed the same painful, itchy rash on my right upper back (deltoid area and shoulder) down to my lower arm. Again, I thought it was from the heat and sweat. As I was applying it yesterday, I realized it was being applied directly on top of my rash. The ONLY places I have my rash. It took me long enough!! However, I did NOT get this rash in the cooler temps."

Babs727 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I am an artist and a horseback rider and for the last few months have experienced a very painful case of tendinitis in my right arm. This gel works well and very quickly in my case, and with bracing and icing I have experienced a lot of relief. The nature of this pain reliever is anti inflammatory - not numbing - so I don't think you would find use for it if your pain is not of the inflammatory nature. I get spastic and tense neck muscles all the time and find heat and massages work better. So for the right purpose it is excellent stuff. I am sensitive, delicate skinned and had no allergies but I would be careful and spot test nonetheless."

Jessybel (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016