User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Pain 7.6
Osteoarthritis 7.3

Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Ell · Taken for 10 years or more June 15, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been using the Gel for many years off and on for pain. Always purchased it in Europe. So happy to see that it is available over the counter in US now. Have never had any side effects. I highly recommend this product for pain. I am 78 years old.”

Langsom June 11, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Did nothing for me at all waste of money never buy again”

Urie · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2020

For Pain: “I have been in 6 major car crashes, standing still, none my fault, including a Mack truck Aside from numerous surgeries, cages, rods, screws etc from my shoulder, neck & back I have developed severe fibromyalgia (told due 2 multiple trauma) Living in Fl the changes in barometric pressure effect my body. Within 2 days of Voltaren gel a great major of the fibro pain is so improved. No longer feel like I’m walking on black & blues which is what my legs feel like. Cambia (migraines) diclofenac is also a life saving medicine for me. I feel blessed. Thank u”

Sophie Jean June 6, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Volaten Gel was prescribed years ago when it was a prescription and I did feel pain relief in my knee, but my stomach hurt a lot from it. Tried it now that it is over the counter and there is a little help with my knee, but major all day migraine and sweats from using it.”

Sorry I even tried this · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2020

For Pain: “I have chronic intractable pain caused by a car accident 50 years ago. 40 years later: fused/plated/screws/rods/ nuts/bolts from C2-C7. Also L-spine issues, shoulder tears, arthritis, muscle spasms, lots of nerve damage. 30 years ago I learned oral anti-inflammatory medications were not my friends. When Voltaren gel was new I tried it a couple of times but found no relief. I recently decided to try Voltaren gel again. BIG MISTAKE ON MY PART! Following the directions I applied a pea-sized amount in a very small area. 3 days & 6 applications later, my stomach began to burn. It continued up my esophagus to mouth, lips & tongue. It was agony! I caution others with sensitivities or allergies to NSAIDS to think twice before using this medication. It took a full four weeks for the burning to stop. I can't help but be concerned as this medication goes OTC. If I could give a negative number for Voltaren gel, I would. If I could assign the actual number of days used, I would.”

Christine · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I have osteoarthritis in both knees but periodically my right knee flares up and a Baker's cyst forms behind the knee. I have been using the Voltaren Gel for 4 days now and I can definitely see the inflammation has gone down and the stiffness is 80% gone. I was hoping to avoid a steroid shot which is what I usually have to have in such instances. I think this has gotten me past that need so I am very thankful and I recommend the product. Costco now carries the product in a 3 tube package”

Tinabug · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Voltaren really helped for me I have osteoarthritis and a lot of swelling in my left knee and I’ve been using it for three days and the swelling is down and the pain is almost gone even though it said you need to use it for a week to see results. I have a bone spur and it feels so much better I’m able to move around like I haven’t been able to in a long time ”

Dee May 19, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I have every kind of arthritis! I find voltaren gel fantastic! I’ve tried everything, on my 2nd tube! I wish it would come in a bigger bottle, and a pump bottle verses the tube! Cream goes quick, I paid $12.99, go throw some coupons at us! Overall very pleased!”

Sore · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Voltaron emolgel does work a little, a little better than nothing. But over priced and that stupid cap thing is a waste had to cut it open to get all the gel out. Find another idea.”

Cougar · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

For Pain: “After 2 years with lower back pain I tried volteran gel. Best decision I ever made. 6 weeks pain free!!”

The Starz March 1, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Made things worse... TransAct and Deep Heat are better... it gave no pain relief at all.”

Digitaltaz · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I use the voltaren gel daily and it works well. I cannot tolerate oral NSAIDs and this proved to be a welcome alternative. I use it on my shoulders, back and knees, all to good effect.”

Mac · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Broke a big toe in high school and had surgery to remove bone spur from this same toe 20 years ago. 3 night ago the occasional pain I felt in the toes was non-stop shooting pain. The orthopod I saw yesterday took xrays and said I had severe osteoarthritis in the 1st joint- not the big joint at the base of the toe, He said the long-term fix is fusing that joint. He also said the joint is too small to inject. He prescribed diclofenac (brand name Voltaren) gel. Yes - gel. You rub in on and around the joint with pain 3-4 times/day. It’s really made a difference - slept 7 hrs solid last night. Still have pains but are about 50% less severe.”

PJ · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2020

For Pain: “I have painful tennis elbow. I’ve been prescribed this from both my GP and now my ORTHO. I’m in the ORTHO’s office now to have them go another direction. This stuff does absolutely nothing. Aspercreme with lidocaine works better than this. This pain is horrible. Hopefully there is something else. Maybe for arthritis. I have no idea how I got this. I guess from typing. I’m on a computer all day and just can’t handle this pain.”

Newagebuddha · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2020

For Pain: “For me I find the voltaren gel works if you are truly looking for relief of pain and not just a mind altering drug.”

Catlady December 27, 2019

For Pain: “I use it for fibromyalgia and arthritis pain. Works very well. The relief usually happens within 10 minutes. I have experienced no side effects. Highly recommend.”

Abby December 8, 2019

For Pain: “If you live close to the Canadian border. You can get the exact same stuff, over the counter without s prescription for about $11.00 for the exact same stuff you get on the US”

BAM · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 25, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I’ve had this gel pushed at me by my pain management doctor. It does absolutely nothing. It took the itch out of a mosquito bite for a SECOND. I really don’t understand the hype about this stuff! I’m better off taking magnesium supplements & using Salon Pas topical spray.”

Pixietwin · Taken for less than 1 month October 31, 2019

For Pain: “Have severe tendinitis of both wrists. Had been using Pennsaid but it is difficult to apply to wrist as it is a liquid-gel. Looked this product up online and asked my orthopedic surgeon for a prescription which he agreed. Comes with a little plastic measurement card to apply the right amount. Since I was applying to both wrists I measured out 1/2 dose because it’s better to use less than more. Supposed to apply twice a day, and I only applied the medicine a total of 5 or 6 times. Woke up this morning and saw both wrists had peeling skin. Went to the manufacturer’s website for Amneal. Apparently this is a side effect called exfoliative dermatitis. It says to discontinue product if you have this or any type of rash. So that was the extent of my use of this product. Disappointed that after five or six applications I’ve had this reaction.”

Pandora · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2019

For Pain: “This gel is a miracle. It took away my throbbing lower back pain in less than 20 minutes. Amazing! I can walk again without excruciating pain!”

The Iron Lady · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 21, 2019

For Pain: “I have trigger finger, and a knot in the palm of my hand. It would stop throbbing, like with tendinitis. This product was the only product that brought immediate relief. My pharmacist highly recommends this product. I keep in mind it is a prescription and do not overuse. Thanks Voltaren!”

PJ · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I can not take oral anti inflammatories due to over use when younger. Recently my osteoarthritis in my right knee became so severe that I couldn't put any weight on it. The pain was incredible. Within hours of applying this gel the pain and swelling decreased significantly. BUT... 10 days later developed insane headache, bp spiked, digestive problems, etc. Pharmacist said 'no side effects'. Went from applying it through out the day to only when I absolutely have to. Just sayin' ... Be cautious if you've had issues with oral anti inflammatories as the topical diclofenac is absorbed and yes there can be side effects that affect your whole body.”

Dawny · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Think I have been using too much of voltaren gel, I have been getting bad palpitations and very bad depression. I stopped using it a feel a lot better couldn’t keep awake all day with it”

Shaz · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2019

For Pain: “Used on my very sore bunion and it is so soothing and helped the pain really quickly.”

Momma · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2019

For Pain: “Used voltaren gel for Pain in my feet. 10/10”