User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Osteoarthritis 49 reviews 350 medications

8.2
Pain 95 reviews 1100 medications

7.8
Summary of Voltaren Gel reviews 144 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Voltaren Gel

For Osteoarthritis "Used for lateral knee pain due to cycling and walking. Gel has an immediate cooling feeling but no discernible effect on the knee pain. Normal Tylenol was much more effective"

Lehte September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I take Extra Strength Voltaren gel 2.32% for RA pain. I purchase it OTC in Canada. It really is about the only thing that touches the pain. My wife however cannot stand the smell of it when I use it. She says it makes her short of breath. I have been using Voltaren for years and just this last June she complained loudly. I haven't used it since. Hence I can't sleep because of the pain. I do not smell much of anything besides the alcohol when it is drying."

Paul_Lu July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was prescribed the emulgel 1.16% for back pain and a torn stomach muscle. I was surprised at how quickly it worked. It definitely gave me more mobility. I also hurt my shoulder recently kayaking and the gel allowed me to start moving normally within 5-10 mins. It also allowed me to reduce oral painkillers significantly. I would recommend this to anyone. I tested my skin before applying it and didn't have any adverse reactions."

Purplebugs (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I use Voltaren Gel for knee arthritis. If I take a pain pill, it takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to work. This works in seconds, and fixes "most" of the pain, "most" of the time. It also helps my very sore feet, probably plantar fasciatis. I don't know why they did not give this to me earlier, its much more effective than oral NSAID's or even Vicodin, as this works faster, much faster. I use it less often than recommended (up to 4 times a day), because its not needed. Once or twice a day for me relieves the pain, pronto. It also helps my wife, with her osteoarthritis pain."

DaytonVet July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I used the gel once, as prescribed and broke out in to a rash all over my body. The rash is called Erythema multiforme. I was covered in bright red,raised welts and hives for close to two weeks. The experience was itchy, uncomfortable and over all unpleasant. My Dr. said to stop using the gel but the most frustrating part was there was nothing anyone can do. It simply needed to "run it's course!" Use at your own risk!"

Not a good match (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "This gel has worked for me, but of course,everyone is different. It takes a few applications for it to work."

santanarrr June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I started using Voltaren Gel 1% in 2015 and it really did help decrease my pain in my neck, lower back, hips, knees, ankles, elbows, and wrists. But do need to apply 4 times per day. I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type III hypermobility . My ligaments and tendons are weak and has been affecting my joints, needing to have 2 neck surgeries, bunions, and wrist surgery. I switched over to the generic Diclofenac 3% gel. Let me tell you it works! Unfortunately this higher dose costs anywhere from $600.00 - $1,100.00 for a 100 Gram tube. Downside is that it's marketed for skin Actinic Keratosis."

Sheri B (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Works really well , but the size of the tube compared to the box it comes in is very very deceiving , when I bought my 50g one thought it was going to be bigger when it came out the box I thought someone had switched it for a smaller version just look before you buy"

Jono69 May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have pes anserine bursitis of the knee. It like tendonitis below the knee cap. I have effectively used Voltaren Emulgel to help reduce the pain and inflammation. The pain can keep me up at night when I sleep. Best thing for recovery is rest, but I can't seem to stay away from doing cardio which causes it to come back. Voltaren has helped me manage the inflammation and still do some light cardio exercise."

jomegatau April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I use it for Osteoarthritis of the knee and shoulder arthritis from torn rotator cuffs. It has helped me alleviate the need for surgery for many years. It is very effective."

SkatKat April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I tried voltaren due to pain and stiffness in lower back maybe due to L5/s1 prolapse, (diagnosed on MRI but not a big one) and (probably) over doing things in the garden. I was waking up due to pain and found moving extremely difficult and painful. I was at the point of taking pain relief before bed and again at around 4 a.m. With no expectations but exasperation I tried voltaren. It really has worked very much to my surprise!!! I did not expect such a good result or any result, I was just so fed up I grabbed a tube to mix up with the oral meds! It's helped my sleep in a matter of days and I'm much more comfortable. I don't take oral pain killers now and whilst I can still feel it, it's nowhere near the way it was. I can move properly again"

Suzanne74111 April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was prescribed Voltaren Gel for the arthritis in my hands and bursitis in my elbows. I also have severe pain down the IT band area in both legs and my hips and low back give me problems (DDD in low back). Since using Voltaren Gel I can make it through the day without the aching and usually debilitating pain that I get when I don't use it. Fortunately I only need to use it once a day in the morning and that gets me through until the next day. This medicine works. It smells bad at first when you put it on but I can deal with that."

mkztg March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I had back surgery 6 months ago, three discectomies, and a rod and five screws implanted. While it is stated it is not approved for spinal use, I have found Voltaren extremely beneficial. While I still have pain in the neighborhood of an 8 out of 10, I feel that it would always be a 10 without Voltaren. Many thanks to my PA for recommending it."

Hank J March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have arthritis in my ankles, knees, sacroiliac area, and hip. I also have fibromyalgia. It hurts so much I can barely move. When ever I have pain, I use Voltaren Gel. This stuff is a lifesaver. It helps me regain my joint flexibility and I can move and walk around again. Also, I am not crying out in pain. My life was horrible before Voltaren Gel. Now, I have a normal life again and can manage my symptoms."

whicket (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have Carpal tunnel syndrome. There are nights the pain is unbearable. I have applied prescription Voltaren Gel and it brings significant relief. I rub the gel into the wrist, palm, and fingers."

Pa Pa John 1935 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was hit by a police car in 2002. I was in recovery for a year. From the head down. Broken jaw, 4 disks crushed my neck. Both collar bones, 7 broken ribs and a shatered pelvis. So many pills, patches and injections. Under the knife many times. A real humpty dumpty story. I have more pins, screws in me than your local hard wear store. Note: I don't want to over state the how effective it is but it works. Talking to my doctor about the pain. He gave me this to try. Well my 1st thought was "just another snake oil" But it'sfreak'in amazing, it works like magic. Why did I not recive this years ago. The Drugest gave me a stupid look. And said it just became generic. All those years I would have paid anything. When your in pain, money is no object"

Perkytires January 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I hit my toe and half my foot swollen."

0000pp0 December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Worked great on a muscle strain! Even helped to heal it faster. Nice mild smell. I gave it a 8/10 and not a 10/10 because it gave me side effects. Ringing in ears quite frequently as well as a very strong dizzy feeling. This began after a week of use."

Shawnsss November 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I think the use of putting perfume in the gel is really stupid. There are so many people allergic also someone like me with cancer and very sore and nauseated to spend money on this and it made me so sick I washed up 4 times and my hands and skin still smells strong. It gave me a headache and made my nausea worse. There is no need for perfume not to mention it's just an toxic unnecessary ingredient. I will never use this again and I will be sure to let everyone at clinic know."

Peggyboooo75 November 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have rheumatoid A and Stage 4 tibia tendon dysfunctional with collapsed ankles and I use voltaran 1% now and it helps with my pain.But. if you can get 3% gel it's way better, my ins paid for it for a yr but then classified it as experimental and wouldn't cover it"

Luffer (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Cmc jt arthritis...not sure if helps..pain same at thumb joint"

RJ4 (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have been using it for 24hrs on right side of my right knee. It works wonders. So far no pain and it does last for 12hours for each application. I didn't expect it to work so quickly."

k.d. (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "In a waitress and have osteoarthritis on my knee and moderate foot pain due to over use on days l work. I love this stuff and call it my magic gel. It doesn't take the pain 100% away but it reduces it to a low enough level that I can sleep. Without it I am up for hours twitching and wiggling trying to find comfort after s a long dayday. The scent is mild after a few minutes, and so is my pain level. After a particularly painful day I may apply twice. I don't need this every day so a tube will last me several months, at $30 each tube it does add up but since I don't need it nightly I manage the expense."

1834 July 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "My dr gave me Voltaren Gel to help relieve my Ilio-Inguinal Neuralgia as a sample. I don't have a specific dosage, just when it hurts, apply the cream. It works amazing! I mainly use it for break-through pain between doses, and days like this with storms and hectic days at work, I'm able to concentrate on work instead of trying to take my mind off of the pain. Does this come in gallon size with a push handle? Maybe a bath bomb I could put in my jacuzzi tub? Just askin..."

Gerip93 July 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have lived on a formal pain regimine for many years. Among other conditions, I live with psoriatic arthritis and deal with IBS/here from sensitivities to some medications. My internist prescribed Voltaren Gel for me a few years ago. My pharmacist told me to use it sparingly, that with this product less is more. I have followed her advice and use it on an as needed basis for pain that my regular meds just don't seem to control. Like when I blew a tendon in my foot walking my Service Dog or when I fell and wound up with a non-displaced fracture of my tibia. Using Voltaren Gel helped me control the pain so well that I was able to walk with a cane. It is AMAZING how effective it has been for me."

Maggie Pringlemeir (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2016