User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Pain
7.7

Summary of Voltaren Gel reviews 7.8 175 reviews

Reviews for Voltaren Gel

For Pain "I have used the gel for a couple months and it helps so good with the pain in my legs and feet. Its really good for any pain and can feel the relief in about 5 to 10 minutes. It takes a little longer for wide areas of pain."

Little bit (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2018

For Pain "I have a problem with osteoarthritis in my hip. Doctor prescription: 8 tylenol 500 mg a day, meloxicam 15 mg, and 30 mg of duloxetine. I have been in pain for 3 months now. So I started using Voltaren gel, 2 times a day. After a week, I could not sleep, I had fire in my right legs and I had to use 2 canes to walk. 3 drugstores told me to stop Voltaren. Now my leg is as before but osteoarthritis is still the same. I am diabetic, glubicyride, metformin, insulin, and losartan. I think there are interference."

Luka June 11, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I got this from the VA for my big toe arthritis, it works extremely well and last a long time between applications."

Dreric May 24, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Took diclofenac sodium 75 for an athletic knee injury. Worked fantastic. Became familiar with the gel through my pharmacy studies and tried it on the occasional flare up. It's wonderful, feels great and soothing. While it does go systemic after initial absorption, I enjoy that it can be directed mainly at the specific area that needs help. Try it."

dimpsie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2018

For Pain "I've had sacroiliac pain of and on for many years. While it can't completely wipe out my pain, voltaren gel definitely makes it much more bearable. It lasts a long time as well. Not just as far as treating the pain but also as far as the time it's start to work is concerned. Its a really good value. One thing I'd advise, however, is that you never leave it in a location where your partner can mistake it for a personal lubricant in the dark. Because there's some areas where this stuff will actually burn you. Keep it in the medicine cabinet."

ArmyKate May 11, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I have arthritis in the knees that is painful at night and need to apply a medication often. I was hoping that the 12 hourly osteo gel would last thru the night. It only lasts as long as the others about 2 hours but is 3x the price."

Harry (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

For Pain "I always used Perskindol to handle my pain around the groin area. Bad idea. As soon as Perskindol gets in contact any sensitive manly areas, it feels like my junk has been dipped in a volcano. Good thing someone invented Voltaren. Its perfectly safe to apply to the groin area without the fear of lava on your bits. This product is a straight 10/10."

Andy May 7, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Great for alleviating the pain of arthritis in my hands. Only side effect is the bruising of my hand but well worth it to not have the pain"

Bugi (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

For Pain "Every now and then I suffer with Tennis elbow. I apply Voltarol several times a day and the condition rapidly improves."

David (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2018

For Pain "I have fibromyalia and had shoulder surgery. My fibro put me down for 3 weeks. A friend bought the 1% gel to use. It didn't stop the pain but was so much better. I will continue to use it as needed."

Nita (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

"I have bursitis in my shoulder which at its worse days make it so I can no longer even lift my arm. Being 23 I thought I was too young to be using a gel like volteran. WRONG it is magic on my first use and I’m it’s biggest fan! My arm moves and unfortunately I have to tell my mom she was right all along. The release from the pain and restrictions in my movement is life changing ."

Jordynnelove (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

For Pain "I have been having a lot of pain in my knee and I applied it and was amazed. I got up and immediately couldn't feel as much pain as before. I just put it on 1 hour ago and will reapply before I go to bed"

Anonymous March 16, 2018

For Pain "This gel is MAGIC. I had very bad back pain that pain killers hardly touched. After applying Voltarol to my lower back, within a few minutes the pain was halved, and within 15 - 20 minutes my back pain was completely gone. I love it!"

Cee (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018

For Pain "I bought it originally for knee pain, the cartilage in my knee is almost worn out and I have a separated tendon behind my knee. The Voltaren did help with the pain. But years ago maybe 20 years ago I broke my ankle it has alway been swollen and bone chips floating around. So about 6 month ago I decided to try it on my ankle, I couldn’t believe it the pain was gone within an hour. I was amazed, and I don’t even have to use it everyday.."

Bruce (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I am a type 2 diabetic for about 20 years now and last year my one knee really got sore and walking was tough. I used all kind of pain cremes on my knee but nothing worked. I got a cortisone shot and it worked for about a month, but it really elevates the blood sugars. Now I have been using Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) on my feet for a few years to get rid of the nerve pain, because nothing else worked. So I shaved my knee and tried the DMSO and like the foot pain I find it gives me about 10 days of relief. My family Dr is not a fan of the cortisone shots, and says the DMSO is safer. I am now trying DMSO mixed with some Voltaren. I leave it on for an hour then wash the knee and apply Aloe Vera to reduce the itching from the Voltaren. The 50 50 mixture itches more than the DMSO. But I can walk without hobbling along like Chester."

wayne (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 1, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I suffer with osteoarthritis in both of my hips. I've had 1 hip replaced and both pre and post surgery I suffer with lower back pain. Used Voltaren Gel and no marked relief. I used to have, and have just re-ordered, a THERATERM digital moisture heat pad which helps all kinds of aches (knees/back/shoulder) (amazing heat pad) ... and I'm going to try another topical solution called 'LivRelief' and see if it helps (I'm still hoping). My quality of life has very much deteriorated as a result of this lower back pain - even the simplest of tasks."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2018

For Pain "I had calcific tendonitis in my shoulder and had suffered from it for months. It is quite painful. The Voltaren Gel was the ONLY thing that brought me any sort of real relief. I also take 2 different opiates for other chronic pain issues for my spinal issues and even they didn't touch the pain, yet the V Gel did! I was ecstatic! I tried the pill version (Diclofenac) and it did absolutely nothing. The gel....AMAZING"

Pebbles February 23, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "My doctor sent me home diclofenac patches however since they’re not covered by my insurance and cost way to much to pay for out of pocket ($300 to much) he called in a prescription for the gel. The patches worked awesome and the gel I’m NOT a fan of at all. I have Bursitis in my right hip and a large annulus tear in my lower back and my skin where I rub the gel has become overly sensitive and painful to touch."

JaimeeB (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2018

For Pain "Expensive gel and it is doing nothing"

Cronic tennis elbow (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I have some chronic health problems, and NSAIDs are not safe for me. Last history of MI, Ulcers, Stroke, Paralysis, Eosinophilia Myalgia Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and severe degenerative disc disease. Currently, I can't get adequate pain relief due to "The opioid crisis." Gabapentin is ineffective. Voltarin gel is better than nothing. Unfortunately, I've had to resort to using ibuprofen and getting injections of Toradol. My doctor gives me the shots and is aware of my NSAIDs use, yet refuses to write for a small amount of pills to have for those 10 to 14 days a month when my pain puts me in bed. I am suffering with neuropathies, chronic pain, poor quality of life, a 4th lumbar vertebral compression fracture. I'm told, suck it up, cupcake! Whatever happened to a patient's right to adequate pain relief? The government has no place between a patient and doctor. I'll take my chances with your black box warnings. Cinda Marie Helen Miller, retired RN"

Bgbanjo Banjo (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2018

For Pain "I use it on my knee and my neck and shoulders and it works very well. It does take some time to take hold and give pain relief, but it does work, but everyone is different. At least give it a try!"

cvdixon29 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I use voltaren for osteoarthritis of the knee (both knees) sometimes it gives me a moderate relief and sometimes it does nothing at all. I have a complain the company should have 100 grams as it writes on the tube (i use voltaren forte) they lie!!! I pay 9.8 euro for a voltaren forte 100 grams but if you put it on a precision scale it weights 100 g with the tube if you remove the gel the tube has a weight of at least 20 grams so they steal one fifth from what they sell. Shame on you voltaren company."

nik123 December 19, 2017

For Pain "I put up with pain in lower back after strain for a week, I tried the voltaren gel before bed, it gave me relief from pain initially but I woke up at 4am in even worse pain. I'm not going to use again. I'm going back to tumeric and black pepper, and heat packs and stretches."

natural better (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I started using Voltaren Gel a week ago for osteoarthritis in both knees. I used it 4x a day as prescribed and experienced absolutely no relief whatsoever. I did my research and found that relief is not something that builds up over time with this medication, so I am going to try something else."

Mrs. Martinoff (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2017

For Pain "It gave me some noticeable relief. Pain went from 5/10 to a 2/10. Put it on before going to sleep."

Neck upper posterior shoulder (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017