User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Diclo Gel with Xrylix, Diclozor, Flector Patch, Klofensaid II, Lexixryl, Pennsaid, Solaraze, Voltaren Gel, Xrylix

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1812 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I was given some samples of this by the pain management doctor and they slightly worked so I asked for a prescription. I have excellent insurance, but when the pharmacy called me to say my co-pay would be $441.00, I told him to forget it! Just got off the phone with Pfizer to tell them what I thought of their coupon program. $20 off $441.00 certainly doesn't help! I did NOT fill the prescription. HIGHWAY ROBBERY!"

Totally Disgusted January 8, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I use it on my knee and my neck and shoulders and it works very well. It does take some time to take hold and give pain relief, but it does work, but everyone is different. At least give it a try!"

cvdixon29 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Got a prescription for the patches a month ago and never bothered to fill it. I finally did and I like it so far. I think the longer you use it the more effective it will be. Reading all these posts only leads me to think that everyone is so different and you probably should try them yourself."

Lusky (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I put up with pain in lower back after strain for a week, I tried the voltaren gel before bed, it gave me relief from pain initially but I woke up at 4am in even worse pain. I'm not going to use again. I'm going back to tumeric and black pepper, and heat packs and stretches."

natural better (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Diclofenac is an NSAID. So, it relieves inflammation and the pain caused by it very well for me. Takes my sacroiliac joint dysfunction (SI joint pain) down to a level that I can live with. Usually it's so distracting and bothersome that I suffer extreme insomnia and low quality of life."

Cat865588 November 27, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "It gave me some noticeable relief. Pain went from 5/10 to a 2/10. Put it on before going to sleep."

Neck upper posterior shoulder (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "My pain management doctor prescribed this for hip bursitis. I have not experienced any pain relief from it at all. I’ve been using this topical gel for several months and it was only until approximately four months later I associated itching all over my body after I use the gel. I thought it was my imagination but I have tested it out several times, I am not itchy In the area that I apply the gel, but it must get into your bloodstream and I have several areas of my body that start itching at the same time. So in addition to not feeling any pain relief, I am reacting with all over body itching. I will now we put this back to my doctor, And hope to find pain relief for my hip."

MoBo16 November 10, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Caused severe heartburn!"

Ksprad November 1, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "worked OK on burning shoulder pain"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I use it for tendinitis in the hip and it is the only thing that helps"

Anonymous October 16, 2017

"Been having pain in foot mostly but now knee and hip of same side"

Mom runs daily in pain (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Works great but the side effects are awful! Uncontrollable nausea & severe heartburn. Yes, this is an NSAID that’s still absorbed by your body... if you have severe, chronic digestive issues and can’t take oral NSAIDS you can’t be on this patch!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2017

"I had this for Broken Back, Shoulder Surgery (rotator cuff). I literally taste the medication when I apply it to my skin on my shoulder / arm area. Had a bit of gastric upset for about a half hour after using. Seemed to help relieve some of my pain though. Just wondering if you've had people report the taste on application."

lisapmjo516 October 7, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "My history is spinal fusion/neck ~7 years ago- plates and screws in my neck. Now have 3 bulging disks in neck also. 6 discs removed from back (spinal stenosis, herniated discs, scoliosis)- have 6 metal plates, two steel rods and 14 screws~in back. The surgeries did help- but still have pain, burning, & pins and needles sensation in neck, shoulders & arms. Burning pain in hips, and muscular soreness through out my back. I've been on pain meds for years and wasn't getting a lot of relief. I discussed with my MD and he ordered Voltaren Gel. I can't say enough how much relief I receive from this medicine. Can sleep better, pain much less. I've even begun hiking again!"

HikingAgain (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I’ve been in various treatments for sciatica for the past year an a half. I’ve been in physical therapy for 14 months, tried dry needling, myofacasial release massage therapy, diet changes, prescription drugs, yoga, isolated/ active stretching & OTC icy hot & HO Capazain cream. My doctor prescribed this after the pain clinic refused to give me a steroid injection for pain relief. It’s more effective than anything else I’ve tried. I take a prescription drug for the pain and then put this cream on 4 or 5 times a day. Within minutes of applying it the pain dissipates & I’m pain free for several hours. This stuff works better than numbing yourself with ice. It helps the pain in both hips and my lower spine. I was given 3% strength & it rocks!"

Emily1991 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I take Extra Strength Voltaren gel 2.32% for RA pain. I purchase it OTC in Canada. It really is about the only thing that touches the pain. My wife however cannot stand the smell of it when I use it. She says it makes her short of breath. I have been using Voltaren for years and just this last June she complained loudly. I haven't used it since. Hence I can't sleep because of the pain. I do not smell much of anything besides the alcohol when it is drying."

Paul_Lu July 26, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I was prescribed the emulgel 1.16% for back pain and a torn stomach muscle. I was surprised at how quickly it worked. It definitely gave me more mobility. I also hurt my shoulder recently kayaking and the gel allowed me to start moving normally within 5-10 mins. It also allowed me to reduce oral painkillers significantly. I would recommend this to anyone. I tested my skin before applying it and didn't have any adverse reactions."

Purplebugs (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "This is an anti inflammatory. If you have a serious inflammatory response in your system, this will take time to reduce your pain. It is not like oral pain relievers with near immediate results. Patience is needed. If you're having trouble with it adhering to the skin, make sure the area is free from oils, either naturally or lotions or soap residue. I have no problems at all with them. My RA flared up in addition to my cocyx broken off, literally. The pain was so severe that oral meds weren't effective. It took several days to feel the beginning of relief, and I've improved steadily. If you've used these short term and are the impatient type, chill out and give them a chance. They do work."

Orange-Jo (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "My Dr prescribed me flector patch for a disk herniation and disk bulge...he gave me a sample...it does absolutely nothing!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I used the gel once, as prescribed and broke out in to a rash all over my body. The rash is called Erythema multiforme. I was covered in bright red,raised welts and hives for close to two weeks. The experience was itchy, uncomfortable and over all unpleasant. My Dr. said to stop using the gel but the most frustrating part was there was nothing anyone can do. It simply needed to "run it's course!" Use at your own risk!"

Not a good match (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

"It worked well for the pain in my shin that came after I began walking again. I couldn't find the dosage card because I had opened the package a while ago and didn't realize what it was. I tried to find one online to print, but I couldn't find one. It would be good to at least to be able to measure the amount even if it wasn't plastic."

Knox Al June 9, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "This gel has worked for me, but of course,everyone is different. It takes a few applications for it to work."

santanarrr June 1, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I started using Voltaren Gel 1% in 2015 and it really did help decrease my pain in my neck, lower back, hips, knees, ankles, elbows, and wrists. But do need to apply 4 times per day. I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type III hypermobility . My ligaments and tendons are weak and has been affecting my joints, needing to have 2 neck surgeries, bunions, and wrist surgery. I switched over to the generic Diclofenac 3% gel. Let me tell you it works! Unfortunately this higher dose costs anywhere from $600.00 - $1,100.00 for a 100 Gram tube. Downside is that it's marketed for skin Actinic Keratosis."

Sheri B (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I was prescribed the Flector Patch a little over a month ago for rotator cuff aggravation. I also suffer from osteoarthritis in my knees with one having had meniscus surgery 3.5 years ago, and also sciatica and disc herniation in lower back ect. I cannot take NSAIDs orally because they affect my heart rate and blood pressure . I am extremely sensitive to medication. My ortho doctor prescribed these to try for my shoulder and I was pleasantly surprised that they help as much as they do. I have since tried them for a sciatica flare up, worked very well, and also cut one in half and put each half on a knee last night because I was in a lot of pain , knees are great today! Tape to reinforce, stretch patch 1st . I only use as needed not daily."

donna (48) (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Painful osteoarthritis in both thumbs; Celebrex works but side-effects terrifying. GP prescribed these. I expected same relief with fewer side effects (s-e's)--possible s-e's turn out to be same. Have used for only 24 hours with some pain relief. But try cutting these in half and wrapping around thumb down to lower joint, surprised they stay on fairly well but they are ugly white, I can't wear out of the house. Besides, nowhere does it say they are for arthritis pain, just minor aches, sprains, strains etc. Afraid to use continually or long term due to s-e's. Terribly expensive for just an NSAID with terrible potential side-effects. (1 box with insurance $140, on retirement)"

Osteo sufferer May 12, 2017