User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Diclo Gel with Xrylix, Diclozor, Flector Patch, Klofensaid II, Lexixryl, Pennsaid, Solaraze, Voltaren Gel, Xrylix

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 1811 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have fibromyalia and had shoulder surgery. My fibro put me down for 3 weeks. A friend bought the 1% gel to use. It didn't stop the pain but was so much better. I will continue to use it as needed."

Nita (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have been having a lot of pain in my knee and I applied it and was amazed. I got up and immediately couldn't feel as much pain as before. I just put it on 1 hour ago and will reapply before I go to bed"

Anonymous March 16, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "This gel is MAGIC. I had very bad back pain that pain killers hardly touched. After applying Voltarol to my lower back, within a few minutes the pain was halved, and within 15 - 20 minutes my back pain was completely gone. I love it!"

Cee (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I bought it originally for knee pain, the cartilage in my knee is almost worn out and I have a separated tendon behind my knee. The Voltaren did help with the pain. But years ago maybe 20 years ago I broke my ankle it has alway been swollen and bone chips floating around. So about 6 month ago I decided to try it on my ankle, I couldn’t believe it the pain was gone within an hour. I was amazed, and I don’t even have to use it everyday.."

Bruce (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I suffer from pain in my lower back due to a car wreck injury over 30 years ago. I also suffer from psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I had asked my doctor for lidocane patches and she said I would have a rough time getting them approved by insurance, so she prescribed the Flector patch. I was worried about using them because the instructions war about placing over broken skin. There is no place on my back I can place the patch without touching a patch of psoriasis. I quit taking ibuprofen months ago. I am a professional singer and it was effecting my vocal chords. I decided to try the patch last night and woke up at 2:30 am with severe pain in my left leg. It felt like my knee was going to explode. The pain went away about 30 minutes after I removed the patch. I have 3 boxes of these patches and they are headed for the trash."

John (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I had calcific tendonitis in my shoulder and had suffered from it for months. It is quite painful. The Voltaren Gel was the ONLY thing that brought me any sort of real relief. I also take 2 different opiates for other chronic pain issues for my spinal issues and even they didn't touch the pain, yet the V Gel did! I was ecstatic! I tried the pill version (Diclofenac) and it did absolutely nothing. The gel....AMAZING"

Pebbles February 23, 2018

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "My doctor prescribed the patch for my great toe which was extremely painful with bone spurs. I wrapped a patch around my toe and I have absolutely NO PAIN!! I love it. It was painful to walk everyday for the last 6 months. I wish I would have seemed treatment sooner!!"

Wynnie February 23, 2018

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I was sent home with samples because my insurance wouldn’t cover them and there is no way I can afford to pay over $350 for them. He called in a prescription for Voltaren gel that would be covered by my insurance however he wanted to see which one would work best. I have Bursitis in my right hip and a large Annulus Tear in my lower back. The patches were a godsend. Unfortunately the gel didn’t work at all and actually made my skin where I applied it overly sensitive to touch. It really sucks that Flector patches are so expensive because so many insurances won’t cover them. If they worked 100% for me I would do anything to come up with the money however living on a fixed income that would mean not paying my rent. It really sucks because I’ve been sober for over 11 years so narcotics are absolutely out of the question however I’ve learned drug companies never take any of that into consideration.."

Jaimee B (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Expensive gel and it is doing nothing"

Cronic tennis elbow (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2018

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I have severe pain in my lower and upper back, neck, shoulder blades, hips and into my chest area due to ankylosing spondylitis or fibromyalgia (my dr wasn’t sure). My pain lately is at a steady, debilitating 10+ all day, everyday lately despite gabapentin, Percocet and stretching and resting. I put three on tonight (I may regret that later IDK) but both shoulders and neck started feeling so much better within minutes , I put a 3rd on my lower back. I do have GI issues and a recent bout with Meloxicam made me bleed internally so the dr suggested these. I do feel better but I do get nauseated easily so we’ll see how I fare later tonight and tomorrow. So far VERY good!"

KrissyO (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2018

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I have Osteoarthritis. Severe Tri-compartmental Osteo in my Right knee currently. They work OK. Not a miracle pain reliever. My co-pay on insurance was $75, so I had the $20 coupon. I paid $20 for 60 patches=30 day supply. As long as your co-pay is $80 or less, you will pay only $20. Anything above the $80 will be the difference you pay on top of the $20 coupon. Ex; if your co-pay was $85, you pay $20 + $5 as the difference= $25. I am surprised how many people say their insurance is great but doesn't pay for this. I guess GREAT insurance is subjective. I have just had my first Synvisc injection as well, so i think it is working well in part with that."

Linny CW February 14, 2018

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I have 2 ruptured tendons in my left ankle.. I was given the Flector prescription along with a 20$ saving card. That saving card was the red flag. Now keep in mind I have great insurance but talk about a SCAM. Retail without insurance for a 30 day supply is $467.99.. now with my insurance along side the 20$ saving, my out of pocket would be $396.99. I laughed once I was given the cost and I said, "Will you look at that my ankle already feels better." What a shame.. "

QR (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "My doctor prescribed Flector patches for my chronic neck and shoulder pain. I took the prescription to the pharmacy and was told my insurance company wouldn't cover them. I have good insurance but they never want to cover stuff like this. It took me a good month to get them to cover them, but my portion would be $100 for 30 patches. I tried the patches and they did nothing for me. I'm pretty upset that I had to go through all kinds of drama to get the patches and then they don't work. I give them a score of 1."

Pokeabo1 February 6, 2018

"My doctor prescribed this med to relieve inflammation in my ankle and heal (achilles tendonitis) . After using it for less than a week, it caused a terrible red, burning and itching rash that has not gone away for two weeks."

sjc59 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2018

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I was given some samples of this by the pain management doctor and they slightly worked so I asked for a prescription. I have excellent insurance, but when the pharmacy called me to say my co-pay would be $441.00, I told him to forget it! Just got off the phone with Pfizer to tell them what I thought of their coupon program. $20 off $441.00 certainly doesn't help! I did NOT fill the prescription. HIGHWAY ROBBERY!"

Totally Disgusted January 8, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I use it on my knee and my neck and shoulders and it works very well. It does take some time to take hold and give pain relief, but it does work, but everyone is different. At least give it a try!"

cvdixon29 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Got a prescription for the patches a month ago and never bothered to fill it. I finally did and I like it so far. I think the longer you use it the more effective it will be. Reading all these posts only leads me to think that everyone is so different and you probably should try them yourself."

Lusky (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I put up with pain in lower back after strain for a week, I tried the voltaren gel before bed, it gave me relief from pain initially but I woke up at 4am in even worse pain. I'm not going to use again. I'm going back to tumeric and black pepper, and heat packs and stretches."

natural better (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Diclofenac is an NSAID. So, it relieves inflammation and the pain caused by it very well for me. Takes my sacroiliac joint dysfunction (SI joint pain) down to a level that I can live with. Usually it's so distracting and bothersome that I suffer extreme insomnia and low quality of life."

Cat865588 November 27, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "It gave me some noticeable relief. Pain went from 5/10 to a 2/10. Put it on before going to sleep."

Neck upper posterior shoulder (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "My pain management doctor prescribed this for hip bursitis. I have not experienced any pain relief from it at all. I’ve been using this topical gel for several months and it was only until approximately four months later I associated itching all over my body after I use the gel. I thought it was my imagination but I have tested it out several times, I am not itchy In the area that I apply the gel, but it must get into your bloodstream and I have several areas of my body that start itching at the same time. So in addition to not feeling any pain relief, I am reacting with all over body itching. I will now we put this back to my doctor, And hope to find pain relief for my hip."

MoBo16 November 10, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Caused severe heartburn!"

Ksprad November 1, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "worked OK on burning shoulder pain"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I use it for tendinitis in the hip and it is the only thing that helps"

Anonymous October 16, 2017

"Been having pain in foot mostly but now knee and hip of same side"

Mom runs daily in pain (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017