User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Flector Patch, Klofensaid II, Pennsaid, Solaraze, Voltaren Gel, Xrylix

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1852 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain

"I've been give Pennsaid for tennis elbow and wrist tendonitis...I wish I had the results others claim, but for me it doesn't seem to do anything."

Non effective in PA (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "My dr gave me Voltaren Gel to help relieve my Ilio-Inguinal Neuralgia as a sample. I don't have a specific dosage, just when it hurts, apply the cream. It works amazing! I mainly use it for break-through pain between doses, and days like this with storms and hectic days at work, I'm able to concentrate on work instead of trying to take my mind off of the pain. Does this come in gallon size with a push handle? Maybe a bath bomb I could put in my jacuzzi tub? Just askin..."

Gerip93 July 14, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have lived on a formal pain regimine for many years. Among other conditions, I live with psoriatic arthritis and deal with IBS/here from sensitivities to some medications. My internist prescribed Voltaren Gel for me a few years ago. My pharmacist told me to use it sparingly, that with this product less is more. I have followed her advice and use it on an as needed basis for pain that my regular meds just don't seem to control. Like when I blew a tendon in my foot walking my Service Dog or when I fell and wound up with a non-displaced fracture of my tibia. Using Voltaren Gel helped me control the pain so well that I was able to walk with a cane. It is AMAZING how effective it has been for me."

Maggie Pringlemeir (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "My muscles in my shoulder get really tense because of a pinched nerve in my neck and I also have osteoarthritis and lower back pain this stuff when I have a flare up this stuff works wonders. They now make it in generic so I can afford it now I used to not be able to afford it when it was brand only."

Kristopher-Generic Avaliable N (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 10, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have a sprained rotator cuff. I was prescribed Voltaren for Plantar Facilities several months ago. I found no relief from the Voltaren for my feet. When I injured My shoulder, I remembered that had the Voltaren so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. WOW!! AMAZING!! Nothing I have tried orally can even come close to the Voltaren. It is like a miracle. I have never found any medication for anything that was more effective. I guess it just works better for some injuries than others. It is , however, very short acting. But the pain relief it provides is priceless. I have arthritis in my hands, I don't find it helps with that pain. For the certain types of injury it works better than narcotic medication. Smells great Absorbs quickly."

StaceyBgood July 8, 2016

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I have horrible pain in my neck from car accident injury. I have not had anything the works like Flector Patches. I tried anti-inflammatory pills but barely noticed any help from them. I tried Lidocaine Pain Patches and it didn't touch the pain at all I suppose because the wound in my neck is too deep for the lidocaine to get to...but the Flector Patches are my "wonder" patch!! They are amazing and I just simply could not survive a day without them. They are crazy expensive and I have to fight tooth and nail to keep them but they are worth the fight!!"

FeeFox July 8, 2016

"After 2 shoulder operations the pain continued daily. The only options was a total shoulder replacement. After using pennsaid for 2/3 weeks I have very little pain and will not need a shoulder replacement at this time. For the first time in 2 years I can lay on that shoulder at night. I use it at only before bedtime. I have no side effects from the medicine."

Jeangus June 30, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have RSI in the wrist. I have been doing the streching exercise shown to me by my physio therapist as well as using Volt. I get No relief using it at all. Its just an expensive useless smelly cream in my experience."

Stumpu (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I live in Florida. This gel worked very nicely for my tennis elbow, shoulder pain and lower back pain. However, I JUST had an "ah ha" moment as to the mysterious, very itchy rash I have developed. The application areas reacted in the intense heat. Last summer while gardening I developed a severe lower back rash which I assumed was somehow sweat related. This year I developed the same painful, itchy rash on my right upper back (deltoid area and shoulder) down to my lower arm. Again, I thought it was from the heat and sweat. As I was applying it yesterday, I realized it was being applied directly on top of my rash. The ONLY places I have my rash. It took me long enough!! However, I did NOT get this rash in the cooler temps."

Babs727 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I am an artist and a horseback rider and for the last few months have experienced a very painful case of tendinitis in my right arm. This gel works well and very quickly in my case, and with bracing and icing I have experienced a lot of relief. The nature of this pain reliever is anti inflammatory - not numbing - so I don't think you would find use for it if your pain is not of the inflammatory nature. I get spastic and tense neck muscles all the time and find heat and massages work better. So for the right purpose it is excellent stuff. I am sensitive, delicate skinned and had no allergies but I would be careful and spot test nonetheless."

Jessybel (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Why on earth any company would add fragrance to a medicine is beyond me when so many medical facilities have gone fragrance free. Even the low level fragrance has caused nausea after a half day's use. It's either the fragrance or a reaction to the gel. Didn't make much difference in my pain level."

Bad Side Effects (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I used this for sciatic pain. The first few times it worked. Pain was reduced. Then about the 4th or 5th time I experienced a burning sensation. It was so strong that I had to wash off the medication to get relief."

Robert Roberts (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

"I had pain from shingles. Gabapentin was giving me minimal relief, I tried diclofence suggested by a friend, it gave me relief in minutes. I use the 10%, and thankful I found it worked for me."

Dee Bee March 30, 2016

"I have psoriatic arthritis with lots of foot pain. I wanted an alternative to the drugs and anti-inflammatories normally prescribed and my doctor suggested this. After reading reviews I expected this to take away the pain immediately. It didn't, but knowing that everyone is different I kept trying and I'm glad I did. Now on day three my foot pain is much better, allowing me to walk. I have had no skin reaction. The smell of the ammonia carrier can be a bit overwhelming but it dissipates quickly."

Calz (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I was diagnosed with sciatic pain that affected my back and right thigh. I used the gel liberally as the pain increased. Eight days ago I stopped as my right thigh was experiencing a burning sensation in the area where I had applied the gel. I still have the burning sensation.I am on various drugs for hypettension."

cuchlane (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "After a series of pain medications and even a course of prednisone to help with my costochondritis, my doctor decided to give this a try before seeking further intensive treatment. This is the first time I've had relief from any pain, and while not clearing it completely, it does a pretty good job of reducing it significantly. I'm only worried about prolonged use and haven't come across reviews regarding that yet. Would greatly appreciate anyone's view on that as well! Also, there is a coupon for $20 that you can download directly from the website, as this can be pretty expensive. Even with insurance."

Michelle A. March 12, 2016

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "My doctor gave me samples for a pulled muscle under my right breast; glad I did not have to pay for them because they've done nothing for me!"

March2016 March 11, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I was having hand pains a friend put some on my hand,I had no pain for days,I went to my Dr.got a prescription, it works no ordor,it also helps my roto tear,I had a botched surgery, it helps that pain. Thanks to my friend and this company."

Blondel (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I began seeing my doctor for neck problems, I cannot take oral NSAID'S due to Crohns disease so my doctor suggested to try them as an alternative. I had every test run from an Ortho and Neurologist with no reasoning for my neck problems other than Fibro. Sometime the back of my neck swells around two nerves on both sides that go into my arms and head, I've tried every narcotic there is but nothing but a Flector patch helps. Recently I had a very extensive knee surgery with an 8-12 month recovery time and once the incision healed I was given the okay to use these, they helped tremendously. I now have an injury while recovering and they are my life saver once again. They are very expensive but worth every penny."

clch87 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 16, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have Peroneus Brevis Tendonitits and was prescribed Voltarin for 21 days, 4 times per day, with icing. I felt minimal improvement for the first ten days, then nothing further. A month after starting the treatment, my foot is in no better condition than it was when I started."

KateBruce (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I was prescribed Voltaren Gel (didn't know it came in pill form as well) for a fractured arm that had been misdiagnosed and left untreated for 3 weeks , it helped with that pain so I tried it on my knees it reduced the swelling. They look like knees again I can bend them and I don't notice have the constant pain. I have 3 degenerated disc in my lower back it doesn't seem to help with that"

Shearhare January 12, 2016

"I have tendonitis in both wrists from years of repetitive movement and a 10% gel did help but not as much as I had hoped. I had to apply it three times a day for at least 3 days before seeing any results. I experienced severe stomach cramps and diarrhea for side affects."

Badger6724 (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have "jumpers knee" tendonitis. I play softball and I am a outfielder...I also workout 5 times a week. Back in my days I ran track as well...I guess it all caught up to me in my early 30's ..I couldn't lift my leg below my knee it was so painful, my sports dr prescribed Voltaren and when I used it as prescribed 4x's a day I saw a good bit of improvement..."

DeeM82 December 31, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "After purchasing the medicine for shoulder pain I followed directions and applied 4 times a day. The second day the applied area ( upper arm and shoulder ) was turning dark. By the end of second day the arm was black swollen and painful. Emergency room visit did not provide any relief other than telling Me to discontinue use of gel. I have a artificial heart valve that requires that I take blood thinner which was discussed with the prescribing physician and had been used as prescribed. The arm continued to swell and the blackness continued down the arm with pain that became unbearable. A ambulance was summoned to take me back to the hosital emergency room personnel could not diganose the situation completely and I was admitted to the ward. Surgery was required"

bigjc December 31, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "After several wrist surgeries, I developed severe tendinitis on both sides of my wrist. For 20 years, I've been living in pain 24/7. These pain patches basically feel like happiness surrounding my wrist. I still have pain but it is at a much more tolerable level. I have my life back. For me, the patches work better than pain pills. They are covered by my insurance at a higher co-pay. And, with each prescription, I have to go through this whole prior authorization wait period. Get samples from your doctor to test them out and make sure they work for you. If they do, then fight the insurance. For my wrist, I am able to cut the patches into 2 halves and makes the prescription last longer. These saved my life."

fivefootshorty (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2015