User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Diclo Gel with Xrylix, Diclozor, Flector Patch, Klofensaid II, Lexixryl, Pennsaid, Solaraze, Voltaren Gel, Xrylix

Osteoarthritis
7.9

Pain
7.5

Keratosis
4.8

Summary of Diclofenac reviews 7.6 293 reviews

Reviews for Diclofenac

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I've had sacroiliac pain of and on for many years. While it can't completely wipe out my pain, voltaren gel definitely makes it much more bearable. It lasts a long time as well. Not just as far as treating the pain but also as far as the time it's start to work is concerned. Its a really good value. One thing I'd advise, however, is that you never leave it in a location where your partner can mistake it for a personal lubricant in the dark. Because there's some areas where this stuff will actually burn you. Keep it in the medicine cabinet."

ArmyKate May 11, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I have arthritis in the knees that is painful at night and need to apply a medication often. I was hoping that the 12 hourly osteo gel would last thru the night. It only lasts as long as the others about 2 hours but is 3x the price."

Harry (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I've got bad arthritis. I had bilateral knee replacement done 3 yrs ago, my right shoulder rebuilt, and right hand surgery, all within the past 5 years. I've taken so many Advil a day to combat the misery, along with Manuka honey and cinnamon trying to work through the pain and have a joy filled life, but no lie, it's really, REALLY hard some days! I found an unopened box of Pennsaid. I thought I had nothing to lose and began using it. I Am Stunned!! It has taken the burning waves of severe pain out of both hips..(THAT IS HUGE FOR ME!!!)..and has really helped my hands be able to work. It has relieved the residual pain I have in both knees and even the pain of swollen joints in my feet! I'm so happy and pleasantly surprised as I was a total skeptic. I have no insurance, BUT we do have Good RX and I found it for about $80.00!!!!! YAY!!!!! I'm so happy to have a life again....it's been awhile!!"

Betsy (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I always used Perskindol to handle my pain around the groin area. Bad idea. As soon as Perskindol gets in contact any sensitive manly areas, it feels like my junk has been dipped in a volcano. Good thing someone invented Voltaren. Its perfectly safe to apply to the groin area without the fear of lava on your bits. This product is a straight 10/10."

Andy May 7, 2018

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for : "Dr. prescribed for tendon/muscle problems in my elbow. Had injections that helped but extremely painful. Used Pennsaid for 10 days and pain mostly gone. Then, elbow swollen, reddened, blisters, itching. Stop using Pennsaid. 2 weeks later swelling, redness and most blisters gone. Itching continues. Use caution with this product, obviously didn't work for me."

jack May 7, 2018

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I can't take NSAIDs because I get extremely sick to my stomach when I do (I was diagnosed with gastritis) and my Orthopedic doctor gave me a few samples of PENNSAID and I am impressed. Inside one packet of 2% gel on my knee and the swelling went down almost immediately, and the pain was completely gone for almost 8 hours. I have many joint issues. I have worked jn the service industry for over 20 years, and I love what this drug can do. Unfortunately, I cant afford it ($1000/ month?), and of course my insurance won't cover it. Its really a shame because I think this is a breakthrough kind of treatment for pain. If drugs like this were more available, maybe there wouldn't be such an opiate epidemic in the U.S. Lives would be saved in the long run, and less resources would be used on patients ODing."

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "Great for alleviating the pain of arthritis in my hands. Only side effect is the bruising of my hand but well worth it to not have the pain"

Bugi (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "Every now and then I suffer with Tennis elbow. I apply Voltarol several times a day and the condition rapidly improves."

David (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2018

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for : "I used it for the 1st time tonight on my left foot. I have a bone spur in heel and inflamed tendon. I have had constant soreness and pain for the past 3 months prior to using. It's been 2 hours since I applied it and I am amazed at how well and quick it worked to subside the constant achy pain I have suffered from. I will update in a week or two on how well it consistently works."

kateyezs (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "The best overall, I have tried all other topicals and nothing ever worked like this. I recommend it for pain."

GODSGIFT2DAD (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2018

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I had hip replacement six years ago and recently developed serious pain in my replaced hip where I couldn't sleep. Doctor took x rays of the replaced hip and the hip was perfect. He probed the pain area and I went through the roof. He recommended painsaid to control inflammation, Doc felt my exercise regime causes the inflammation. I got instant relief and I would recommend it."

Arty B (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I only used this once, but saw improvements right away. I only could get sample. MY insurance won't cover it.I do wish they did"

Darlene (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I have fibromyalia and had shoulder surgery. My fibro put me down for 3 weeks. A friend bought the 1% gel to use. It didn't stop the pain but was so much better. I will continue to use it as needed."

Nita (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for : "I have bursitis in my shoulder which at its worse days make it so I can no longer even lift my arm. Being 23 I thought I was too young to be using a gel like volteran. WRONG it is magic on my first use and I’m it’s biggest fan! My arm moves and unfortunately I have to tell my mom she was right all along. The release from the pain and restrictions in my movement is life changing ."

Jordynnelove (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I have been having a lot of pain in my knee and I applied it and was amazed. I got up and immediately couldn't feel as much pain as before. I just put it on 1 hour ago and will reapply before I go to bed"

Anonymous March 16, 2018

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I recently had an arthroscopic chondroplasty surgery on my knee and I suffer from patellafemoral pain syndrome on both. I have had a hard time recovering from my surgery with stiffness, soreness, inability to go down stairs, bend properly, etc. I was skeptical to how a simple gel could make any difference but boy was I wrong. Highly recommend this product!!! I am like a brand new person and often forget I had surgery until the effects of the gel wear off."

Alayna March 16, 2018

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I had a knee replacement and could not get rid of the swelling. Once my surgeon prescribed Pennsaid boy what a difference it made. This should be given to every patient having knee or hip replacement. Pennsaid made it possible for me to get to the next level in my rehab. Good stuff!!!"

Bob (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "This gel is MAGIC. I had very bad back pain that pain killers hardly touched. After applying Voltarol to my lower back, within a few minutes the pain was halved, and within 15 - 20 minutes my back pain was completely gone. I love it!"

Cee (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I bought it originally for knee pain, the cartilage in my knee is almost worn out and I have a separated tendon behind my knee. The Voltaren did help with the pain. But years ago maybe 20 years ago I broke my ankle it has alway been swollen and bone chips floating around. So about 6 month ago I decided to try it on my ankle, I couldn’t believe it the pain was gone within an hour. I was amazed, and I don’t even have to use it everyday.."

Bruce (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have osteoarthritis and I have been using the gel for a few days now and when it was first prescribed I thought "no way a topical cream is going to take away the serious pain in my knees." I was shocked when I felt the dull numbing feeling it have me pretty much instantly. However, as much as I love the relief I feel... It really doesn't last long. I am a very busy full time hairstylist and mom of 3 and I feel like I need to apply more than 4 times a day. I'm afraid to take my Motrin 800 with it, not sure It is safe to combine them. But overall, I am very grateful I finally have something that works!"

Deanna (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I am a type 2 diabetic for about 20 years now and last year my one knee really got sore and walking was tough. I used all kind of pain cremes on my knee but nothing worked. I got a cortisone shot and it worked for about a month, but it really elevates the blood sugars. Now I have been using Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) on my feet for a few years to get rid of the nerve pain, because nothing else worked. So I shaved my knee and tried the DMSO and like the foot pain I find it gives me about 10 days of relief. My family Dr is not a fan of the cortisone shots, and says the DMSO is safer. I am now trying DMSO mixed with some Voltaren. I leave it on for an hour then wash the knee and apply Aloe Vera to reduce the itching from the Voltaren. The 50 50 mixture itches more than the DMSO. But I can walk without hobbling along like Chester."

wayne (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 1, 2018

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "I suffer from pain in my lower back due to a car wreck injury over 30 years ago. I also suffer from psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I had asked my doctor for lidocane patches and she said I would have a rough time getting them approved by insurance, so she prescribed the Flector patch. I was worried about using them because the instructions war about placing over broken skin. There is no place on my back I can place the patch without touching a patch of psoriasis. I quit taking ibuprofen months ago. I am a professional singer and it was effecting my vocal chords. I decided to try the patch last night and woke up at 2:30 am with severe pain in my left leg. It felt like my knee was going to explode. The pain went away about 30 minutes after I removed the patch. I have 3 boxes of these patches and they are headed for the trash."

John (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I suffer with osteoarthritis in both of my hips. I've had 1 hip replaced and both pre and post surgery I suffer with lower back pain. Used Voltaren Gel and no marked relief. I used to have, and have just re-ordered, a THERATERM digital moisture heat pad which helps all kinds of aches (knees/back/shoulder) (amazing heat pad) ... and I'm going to try another topical solution called 'LivRelief' and see if it helps (I'm still hoping). My quality of life has very much deteriorated as a result of this lower back pain - even the simplest of tasks."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I had calcific tendonitis in my shoulder and had suffered from it for months. It is quite painful. The Voltaren Gel was the ONLY thing that brought me any sort of real relief. I also take 2 different opiates for other chronic pain issues for my spinal issues and even they didn't touch the pain, yet the V Gel did! I was ecstatic! I tried the pill version (Diclofenac) and it did absolutely nothing. The gel....AMAZING"

Pebbles February 23, 2018

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "My doctor prescribed the patch for my great toe which was extremely painful with bone spurs. I wrapped a patch around my toe and I have absolutely NO PAIN!! I love it. It was painful to walk everyday for the last 6 months. I wish I would have seemed treatment sooner!!"

Wynnie February 23, 2018