User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Diclo Gel with Xrylix, Diclozor, Flector Patch, Klofensaid II, Lexixryl, Pennsaid, Solaraze, Voltaren Gel, Xrylix

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Osteoarthritis 71 reviews 350 medications

8.4
Pain 160 reviews 1123 medications

7.6
Keratosis 4 reviews 17 medications

4.8
Summary of Diclofenac reviews 235 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Diclofenac

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I was prescribed the emulgel 1.16% for back pain and a torn stomach muscle. I was surprised at how quickly it worked. It definitely gave me more mobility. I also hurt my shoulder recently kayaking and the gel allowed me to start moving normally within 5-10 mins. It also allowed me to reduce oral painkillers significantly. I would recommend this to anyone. I tested my skin before applying it and didn't have any adverse reactions."

Purplebugs (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "This is an anti inflammatory. If you have a serious inflammatory response in your system, this will take time to reduce your pain. It is not like oral pain relievers with near immediate results. Patience is needed. If you're having trouble with it adhering to the skin, make sure the area is free from oils, either naturally or lotions or soap residue. I have no problems at all with them. My RA flared up in addition to my cocyx broken off, literally. The pain was so severe that oral meds weren't effective. It took several days to feel the beginning of relief, and I've improved steadily. If you've used these short term and are the impatient type, chill out and give them a chance. They do work."

Orange-Jo (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I use Voltaren Gel for knee arthritis. If I take a pain pill, it takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to work. This works in seconds, and fixes "most" of the pain, "most" of the time. It also helps my very sore feet, probably plantar fasciatis. I don't know why they did not give this to me earlier, its much more effective than oral NSAID's or even Vicodin, as this works faster, much faster. I use it less often than recommended (up to 4 times a day), because its not needed. Once or twice a day for me relieves the pain, pronto. It also helps my wife, with her osteoarthritis pain."

DaytonVet July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm allergic to Ibuprofen, Aspirin, and Naproxen. My doctor knew this. He insisted that this stuff would be fine on me. He put a dab on my hand and said that since there wasn't a rash I was fine. I put it in the places he told me to and the. I got very very very sick. Lethargic almost. It was awful. Major major major stomach cramps and pain. My throat started to close up. It was awful. Do not take this if you are allergic to Ibuprofen. You'll regret it. Some doctors truly are idiots."

Mommiedearest11 July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I an 53 and have OA under my kneecaps due to patellafemoral syndrome and poor kneecap tracking. No swelling but lots of pain. Can't take oral NSAIDs due to stomach issues. Unfortunately, despite applying this three times a day for weeks there was no improvement in pain."

Mmom15 June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I used the gel once, as prescribed and broke out in to a rash all over my body. The rash is called Erythema multiforme. I was covered in bright red,raised welts and hives for close to two weeks. The experience was itchy, uncomfortable and over all unpleasant. My Dr. said to stop using the gel but the most frustrating part was there was nothing anyone can do. It simply needed to "run it's course!" Use at your own risk!"

Not a good match (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "It worked well for the pain in my shin that came after I began walking again. I couldn't find the dosage card because I had opened the package a while ago and didn't realize what it was. I tried to find one online to print, but I couldn't find one. It would be good to at least to be able to measure the amount even if it wasn't plastic."

Knox Al June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I've used Volteran in the past and the generic 1.5% Pennsaid solution but the newer 2.0% pump Pennsaid seems to work best. I use it on my knees, hips, hands and feet depending on where I have pain ( as needed). I have psoriatic arthritic and osteoarthritis so I'm very glad I found something that gives me relief. I like the fact that the new Pennsaid has no odor because Volteran has a strong scent. Cost is high though. It's nearly $2700 for one bottle without insurance . This is outrageous since it leaves many people unable to afford it."

Skyemom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "This gel has worked for me, but of course,everyone is different. It takes a few applications for it to work."

santanarrr June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I started using Voltaren Gel 1% in 2015 and it really did help decrease my pain in my neck, lower back, hips, knees, ankles, elbows, and wrists. But do need to apply 4 times per day. I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type III hypermobility . My ligaments and tendons are weak and has been affecting my joints, needing to have 2 neck surgeries, bunions, and wrist surgery. I switched over to the generic Diclofenac 3% gel. Let me tell you it works! Unfortunately this higher dose costs anywhere from $600.00 - $1,100.00 for a 100 Gram tube. Downside is that it's marketed for skin Actinic Keratosis."

Sheri B (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "I was prescribed the Flector Patch a little over a month ago for rotator cuff aggravation. I also suffer from osteoarthritis in my knees with one having had meniscus surgery 3.5 years ago, and also sciatica and disc herniation in lower back ect. I cannot take NSAIDs orally because they affect my heart rate and blood pressure . I am extremely sensitive to medication. My ortho doctor prescribed these to try for my shoulder and I was pleasantly surprised that they help as much as they do. I have since tried them for a sciatica flare up, worked very well, and also cut one in half and put each half on a knee last night because I was in a lot of pain , knees are great today! Tape to reinforce, stretch patch 1st . I only use as needed not daily."

donna (48) (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "Painful osteoarthritis in both thumbs; Celebrex works but side-effects terrifying. GP prescribed these. I expected same relief with fewer side effects (s-e's)--possible s-e's turn out to be same. Have used for only 24 hours with some pain relief. But try cutting these in half and wrapping around thumb down to lower joint, surprised they stay on fairly well but they are ugly white, I can't wear out of the house. Besides, nowhere does it say they are for arthritis pain, just minor aches, sprains, strains etc. Afraid to use continually or long term due to s-e's. Terribly expensive for just an NSAID with terrible potential side-effects. (1 box with insurance $140, on retirement)"

Osteo sufferer May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "Works really well , but the size of the tube compared to the box it comes in is very very deceiving , when I bought my 50g one thought it was going to be bigger when it came out the box I thought someone had switched it for a smaller version just look before you buy"

Jono69 May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I was given this initially for arthritis in my hands, though now I use it for muscle pain attributed to cervical, thoracic and, oh heck, spinal problems. I am careful about how much I use, keep it all within perimeters. This, so far, is keeping me from having to go in 2-3 times a year for spinal shots. Also provides relief to my hands and now my wrist."

Lilsue (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "After trying this gel I feel much improvement in my knees and hands from arthritis. Even tho the swelling is not diminished, the pain is improved so that I can sleep. After many months of chiropractic adjustments, I still suffered from periformis pain, and some sciatica as I recovered from Stroke that postponed walking for about 1.5 yrs. after a triple-bypass surgery that left me without the use of my right side. This gel helped significantly. That is when I became acquainted with it's uses as a pain reliever. I don't use oral NSAIDS after such surgery, as it's not recommended, but I find no side effects using the salve."

Mommysan April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I have pes anserine bursitis of the knee. It like tendonitis below the knee cap. I have effectively used Voltaren Emulgel to help reduce the pain and inflammation. The pain can keep me up at night when I sleep. Best thing for recovery is rest, but I can't seem to stay away from doing cardio which causes it to come back. Voltaren has helped me manage the inflammation and still do some light cardio exercise."

jomegatau April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Solaraze (diclofenac) for Keratosis: "Scalp soreness and itching ( i am very thin on top ) Solaraze worked very very well for me."

Franbar ..... UK (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I use it for Osteoarthritis of the knee and shoulder arthritis from torn rotator cuffs. It has helped me alleviate the need for surgery for many years. It is very effective."

SkatKat April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I tried voltaren due to pain and stiffness in lower back maybe due to L5/s1 prolapse, (diagnosed on MRI but not a big one) and (probably) over doing things in the garden. I was waking up due to pain and found moving extremely difficult and painful. I was at the point of taking pain relief before bed and again at around 4 a.m. With no expectations but exasperation I tried voltaren. It really has worked very much to my surprise!!! I did not expect such a good result or any result, I was just so fed up I grabbed a tube to mix up with the oral meds! It's helped my sleep in a matter of days and I'm much more comfortable. I don't take oral pain killers now and whilst I can still feel it, it's nowhere near the way it was. I can move properly again"

Suzanne74111 April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I did physical therapy, icing, resting, every technique to try to stop the pain in my knee. I have osteoarthritis as well. This medication was the only thing that worked and stopped the pain in my knee. I am so happy my doctor prescribed this drug for me."

Joey Myla March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I was prescribed Voltaren Gel for the arthritis in my hands and bursitis in my elbows. I also have severe pain down the IT band area in both legs and my hips and low back give me problems (DDD in low back). Since using Voltaren Gel I can make it through the day without the aching and usually debilitating pain that I get when I don't use it. Fortunately I only need to use it once a day in the morning and that gets me through until the next day. This medicine works. It smells bad at first when you put it on but I can deal with that."

mkztg March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "Useless. Tried for several days on torn rotator cuff and hip labrum. Thought I could get same relief from ibuprofen but maybe without the nosebleed side effects. But got no relief at all. Waste of $20 coupon. Notice many of the positive reviews are from those also using OxyContin."

247W (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I had back surgery 6 months ago, three discectomies, and a rod and five screws implanted. While it is stated it is not approved for spinal use, I have found Voltaren extremely beneficial. While I still have pain in the neighborhood of an 8 out of 10, I feel that it would always be a 10 without Voltaren. Many thanks to my PA for recommending it."

Hank J March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I had a Torn tendon in left shoulder Ltd movement of arm. I used patch 200mg for seven days, did not help an iota, very disappointed , no idea what medicines were penetrated into my body, would not recommend."

Mona steel March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "I have been using these off and on for years. Best relief after using as directed for about 48 hours, using a new patch every 12 hours. This medication is for inflammation so it takes a little while for swelling to subside enough for pain relief. I use along with oxycodone and muscle relaxers and honestly think I get more relief from the patches. They are just so expensive I can only fill my prescription once my deductible is met for the year and even then I have to download a coupon. My cost for a full month is about $70. Much better than almost $600!"

1108Kimbo January 24, 2017