User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Diclo Gel with Xrylix, Diclozor, Flector Patch, Klofensaid II, Lexixryl, Pennsaid, Solaraze, Voltaren Gel, Xrylix

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Diclofenac.

Osteoarthritis
8.2

Pain
7.6

Keratosis
4.8

Summary of Diclofenac reviews 6.9 251 reviews

Reviews for Diclofenac

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "My pain management doctor prescribed this for hip bursitis. I have not experienced any pain relief from it at all. I’ve been using this topical gel for several months and it was only until approximately four months later I associated itching all over my body after I use the gel. I thought it was my imagination but I have tested it out several times, I am not itchy In the area that I apply the gel, but it must get into your bloodstream and I have several areas of my body that start itching at the same time. So in addition to not feeling any pain relief, I am reacting with all over body itching. I will now we put this back to my doctor, And hope to find pain relief for my hip."

MoBo16 November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I have osteoarthritis in my right knee, and I run. I also get IT band pain. So sometimes, I am so stiff and achy either from running, or just because. I get super stiff behind my knee, and it makes it hard to even walk, or straighten my leg all the way. I take ibuprofen, I ice it...and that helps some. I woke up this morning with it being extremely stiff behind my knee. I applied Pennsaid all over the back and front of my knee. No kidding - within 5 minutes, most of that stiffness is GONE. I am in shock. And if you have knee pain, you know how debilitating it can feel. This stuff is INSANE - in a good way!! I'm so glad I have it. I literally can't believe how much it helped me. And no, I don't work for a pharmaceutical company."

nandksmom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "worked OK on burning shoulder pain"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I use it for tendinitis in the hip and it is the only thing that helps"

Anonymous October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Been having pain in foot mostly but now knee and hip of same side"

Mom runs daily in pain (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "Works great but the side effects are awful! Uncontrollable nausea & severe heartburn. Yes, this is an NSAID that’s still absorbed by your body... if you have severe, chronic digestive issues and can’t take oral NSAIDS you can’t be on this patch!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I tried the Diclofenic pills and they did not do anything. It wasn't untill I did the gel, that it had soothing effects. Someone suggested the Blu EMU stuff, but it had no effects on me."

Mike_007 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I had this for Broken Back, Shoulder Surgery (rotator cuff). I literally taste the medication when I apply it to my skin on my shoulder / arm area. Had a bit of gastric upset for about a half hour after using. Seemed to help relieve some of my pain though. Just wondering if you've had people report the taste on application."

lisapmjo516 October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I have been using Volteran Gel 1% for about 7 yr. The Doctor also gives me narco for severe pain I have osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and lupus. I also was diagnosed with Hasimoto thyroiditis. I had surgery for L4 and L5 spinal stenosis 2010. My back and legs were in such severe pain for years. I put the surgery off until I just could not stand for even 5 min. To wash dishes or fold clothes. Then I had to lay down to get rid of pain. I am back to that stage again but this time I have Volteran Gel it is a blessing I apply it to my waist area and neck also my right shoulder and it goes to work immediately. I have been using less narco since I realized Volteran work better for me."

12104229958 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "My history is spinal fusion/neck ~7 years ago- plates and screws in my neck. Now have 3 bulging disks in neck also. 6 discs removed from back (spinal stenosis, herniated discs, scoliosis)- have 6 metal plates, two steel rods and 14 screws~in back. The surgeries did help- but still have pain, burning, & pins and needles sensation in neck, shoulders & arms. Burning pain in hips, and muscular soreness through out my back. I've been on pain meds for years and wasn't getting a lot of relief. I discussed with my MD and he ordered Voltaren Gel. I can't say enough how much relief I receive from this medicine. Can sleep better, pain much less. I've even begun hiking again!"

HikingAgain (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I’ve been in various treatments for sciatica for the past year an a half. I’ve been in physical therapy for 14 months, tried dry needling, myofacasial release massage therapy, diet changes, prescription drugs, yoga, isolated/ active stretching & OTC icy hot & HO Capazain cream. My doctor prescribed this after the pain clinic refused to give me a steroid injection for pain relief. It’s more effective than anything else I’ve tried. I take a prescription drug for the pain and then put this cream on 4 or 5 times a day. Within minutes of applying it the pain dissipates & I’m pain free for several hours. This stuff works better than numbing yourself with ice. It helps the pain in both hips and my lower spine. I was given 3% strength & it rocks!"

Emily1991 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "Expensive garbage"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "Used for lateral knee pain due to cycling and walking. Gel has an immediate cooling feeling but no discernible effect on the knee pain. Normal Tylenol was much more effective"

Lehte September 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "Many here are saying that the price is about 2K. I don't know if every state has this but it has changed my life. Target near me sells it for $98.00 Pennsaid has helped my bad knees. I would not say it took all of my pain away but it helped lower it. I like that it glides on the skin. i like that you can re apply."

gunnwiley (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I take Extra Strength Voltaren gel 2.32% for RA pain. I purchase it OTC in Canada. It really is about the only thing that touches the pain. My wife however cannot stand the smell of it when I use it. She says it makes her short of breath. I have been using Voltaren for years and just this last June she complained loudly. I haven't used it since. Hence I can't sleep because of the pain. I do not smell much of anything besides the alcohol when it is drying."

Paul_Lu July 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I was prescribed the emulgel 1.16% for back pain and a torn stomach muscle. I was surprised at how quickly it worked. It definitely gave me more mobility. I also hurt my shoulder recently kayaking and the gel allowed me to start moving normally within 5-10 mins. It also allowed me to reduce oral painkillers significantly. I would recommend this to anyone. I tested my skin before applying it and didn't have any adverse reactions."

Purplebugs (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "This is an anti inflammatory. If you have a serious inflammatory response in your system, this will take time to reduce your pain. It is not like oral pain relievers with near immediate results. Patience is needed. If you're having trouble with it adhering to the skin, make sure the area is free from oils, either naturally or lotions or soap residue. I have no problems at all with them. My RA flared up in addition to my cocyx broken off, literally. The pain was so severe that oral meds weren't effective. It took several days to feel the beginning of relief, and I've improved steadily. If you've used these short term and are the impatient type, chill out and give them a chance. They do work."

Orange-Jo (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "My Dr prescribed me flector patch for a disk herniation and disk bulge...he gave me a sample...it does absolutely nothing!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I use Voltaren Gel for knee arthritis. If I take a pain pill, it takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to work. This works in seconds, and fixes "most" of the pain, "most" of the time. It also helps my very sore feet, probably plantar fasciatis. I don't know why they did not give this to me earlier, its much more effective than oral NSAID's or even Vicodin, as this works faster, much faster. I use it less often than recommended (up to 4 times a day), because its not needed. Once or twice a day for me relieves the pain, pronto. It also helps my wife, with her osteoarthritis pain."

DaytonVet July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm allergic to Ibuprofen, Aspirin, and Naproxen. My doctor knew this. He insisted that this stuff would be fine on me. He put a dab on my hand and said that since there wasn't a rash I was fine. I put it in the places he told me to and the. I got very very very sick. Lethargic almost. It was awful. Major major major stomach cramps and pain. My throat started to close up. It was awful. Do not take this if you are allergic to Ibuprofen. You'll regret it. Some doctors truly are idiots."

Mommiedearest11 July 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I an 53 and have OA under my kneecaps due to patellafemoral syndrome and poor kneecap tracking. No swelling but lots of pain. Can't take oral NSAIDs due to stomach issues. Unfortunately, despite applying this three times a day for weeks there was no improvement in pain."

Mmom15 June 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I used the gel once, as prescribed and broke out in to a rash all over my body. The rash is called Erythema multiforme. I was covered in bright red,raised welts and hives for close to two weeks. The experience was itchy, uncomfortable and over all unpleasant. My Dr. said to stop using the gel but the most frustrating part was there was nothing anyone can do. It simply needed to "run it's course!" Use at your own risk!"

Not a good match (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "It worked well for the pain in my shin that came after I began walking again. I couldn't find the dosage card because I had opened the package a while ago and didn't realize what it was. I tried to find one online to print, but I couldn't find one. It would be good to at least to be able to measure the amount even if it wasn't plastic."

Knox Al June 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I've used Volteran in the past and the generic 1.5% Pennsaid solution but the newer 2.0% pump Pennsaid seems to work best. I use it on my knees, hips, hands and feet depending on where I have pain ( as needed). I have psoriatic arthritic and osteoarthritis so I'm very glad I found something that gives me relief. I like the fact that the new Pennsaid has no odor because Volteran has a strong scent. Cost is high though. It's nearly $2700 for one bottle without insurance . This is outrageous since it leaves many people unable to afford it."

Skyemom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "This gel has worked for me, but of course,everyone is different. It takes a few applications for it to work."

santanarrr June 1, 2017