User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Diclo Gel with Xrylix, Diclozor, Flector Patch, Klofensaid II, Lexixryl, Pennsaid, Solaraze, Voltaren Gel, Xrylix

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Diclofenac.

Osteoarthritis

Pain
7.5

Keratosis
4.8

Summary of Diclofenac reviews 6.8 261 reviews

Reviews for Diclofenac

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "I was given some samples of this by the pain management doctor and they slightly worked so I asked for a prescription. I have excellent insurance, but when the pharmacy called me to say my co-pay would be $441.00, I told him to forget it! Just got off the phone with Pfizer to tell them what I thought of their coupon program. $20 off $441.00 certainly doesn't help! I did NOT fill the prescription. HIGHWAY ROBBERY!"

Totally Disgusted January 8, 2018

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I use it on my knee and my neck and shoulders and it works very well. It does take some time to take hold and give pain relief, but it does work, but everyone is different. At least give it a try!"

cvdixon29 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I use voltaren for osteoarthritis of the knee (both knees) sometimes it gives me a moderate relief and sometimes it does nothing at all. I have a complain the company should have 100 grams as it writes on the tube (i use voltaren forte) they lie!!! I pay 9.8 euro for a voltaren forte 100 grams but if you put it on a precision scale it weights 100 g with the tube if you remove the gel the tube has a weight of at least 20 grams so they steal one fifth from what they sell. Shame on you voltaren company."

nik123 December 19, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "Got a prescription for the patches a month ago and never bothered to fill it. I finally did and I like it so far. I think the longer you use it the more effective it will be. Reading all these posts only leads me to think that everyone is so different and you probably should try them yourself."

Lusky (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "Can't even open the tube. Have a friend with severe allergies (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity). Between the alcohol and fragrance it can not be opened in the home. Then read all the side effects. Wish I had known this before I purchased it. Thankfully, insurance paid for it."

Granny CJ December 10, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I put up with pain in lower back after strain for a week, I tried the voltaren gel before bed, it gave me relief from pain initially but I woke up at 4am in even worse pain. I'm not going to use again. I'm going back to tumeric and black pepper, and heat packs and stretches."

natural better (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I started using Voltaren Gel a week ago for osteoarthritis in both knees. I used it 4x a day as prescribed and experienced absolutely no relief whatsoever. I did my research and found that relief is not something that builds up over time with this medication, so I am going to try something else."

Mrs. Martinoff (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "Diclofenac is an NSAID. So, it relieves inflammation and the pain caused by it very well for me. Takes my sacroiliac joint dysfunction (SI joint pain) down to a level that I can live with. Usually it's so distracting and bothersome that I suffer extreme insomnia and low quality of life."

Cat865588 November 27, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "It gave me some noticeable relief. Pain went from 5/10 to a 2/10. Put it on before going to sleep."

Neck upper posterior shoulder (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "My pain management doctor prescribed this for hip bursitis. I have not experienced any pain relief from it at all. I’ve been using this topical gel for several months and it was only until approximately four months later I associated itching all over my body after I use the gel. I thought it was my imagination but I have tested it out several times, I am not itchy In the area that I apply the gel, but it must get into your bloodstream and I have several areas of my body that start itching at the same time. So in addition to not feeling any pain relief, I am reacting with all over body itching. I will now we put this back to my doctor, And hope to find pain relief for my hip."

MoBo16 November 10, 2017

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I have osteoarthritis in my right knee, and I run. I also get IT band pain. So sometimes, I am so stiff and achy either from running, or just because. I get super stiff behind my knee, and it makes it hard to even walk, or straighten my leg all the way. I take ibuprofen, I ice it...and that helps some. I woke up this morning with it being extremely stiff behind my knee. I applied Pennsaid all over the back and front of my knee. No kidding - within 5 minutes, most of that stiffness is GONE. I am in shock. And if you have knee pain, you know how debilitating it can feel. This stuff is INSANE - in a good way!! I'm so glad I have it. I literally can't believe how much it helped me. And no, I don't work for a pharmaceutical company."

nandksmom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 8, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "Caused severe heartburn!"

Ksprad November 1, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "worked OK on burning shoulder pain"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I use it for tendinitis in the hip and it is the only thing that helps"

Anonymous October 16, 2017

For Pain: "Been having pain in foot mostly but now knee and hip of same side"

Mom runs daily in pain (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

Flector Patch (diclofenac) for Pain: "Works great but the side effects are awful! Uncontrollable nausea & severe heartburn. Yes, this is an NSAID that’s still absorbed by your body... if you have severe, chronic digestive issues and can’t take oral NSAIDS you can’t be on this patch!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I tried the Diclofenic pills and they did not do anything. It wasn't untill I did the gel, that it had soothing effects. Someone suggested the Blu EMU stuff, but it had no effects on me."

Mike_007 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2017

For Pain: "I had this for Broken Back, Shoulder Surgery (rotator cuff). I literally taste the medication when I apply it to my skin on my shoulder / arm area. Had a bit of gastric upset for about a half hour after using. Seemed to help relieve some of my pain though. Just wondering if you've had people report the taste on application."

lisapmjo516 October 7, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I have been using Volteran Gel 1% for about 7 yr. The Doctor also gives me narco for severe pain I have osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and lupus. I also was diagnosed with Hasimoto thyroiditis. I had surgery for L4 and L5 spinal stenosis 2010. My back and legs were in such severe pain for years. I put the surgery off until I just could not stand for even 5 min. To wash dishes or fold clothes. Then I had to lay down to get rid of pain. I am back to that stage again but this time I have Volteran Gel it is a blessing I apply it to my waist area and neck also my right shoulder and it goes to work immediately. I have been using less narco since I realized Volteran work better for me."

12104229958 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 30, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "My history is spinal fusion/neck ~7 years ago- plates and screws in my neck. Now have 3 bulging disks in neck also. 6 discs removed from back (spinal stenosis, herniated discs, scoliosis)- have 6 metal plates, two steel rods and 14 screws~in back. The surgeries did help- but still have pain, burning, & pins and needles sensation in neck, shoulders & arms. Burning pain in hips, and muscular soreness through out my back. I've been on pain meds for years and wasn't getting a lot of relief. I discussed with my MD and he ordered Voltaren Gel. I can't say enough how much relief I receive from this medicine. Can sleep better, pain much less. I've even begun hiking again!"

HikingAgain (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I’ve been in various treatments for sciatica for the past year an a half. I’ve been in physical therapy for 14 months, tried dry needling, myofacasial release massage therapy, diet changes, prescription drugs, yoga, isolated/ active stretching & OTC icy hot & HO Capazain cream. My doctor prescribed this after the pain clinic refused to give me a steroid injection for pain relief. It’s more effective than anything else I’ve tried. I take a prescription drug for the pain and then put this cream on 4 or 5 times a day. Within minutes of applying it the pain dissipates & I’m pain free for several hours. This stuff works better than numbing yourself with ice. It helps the pain in both hips and my lower spine. I was given 3% strength & it rocks!"

Emily1991 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "Expensive garbage"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "Used for lateral knee pain due to cycling and walking. Gel has an immediate cooling feeling but no discernible effect on the knee pain. Normal Tylenol was much more effective"

Lehte September 4, 2017

Pennsaid (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "Many here are saying that the price is about 2K. I don't know if every state has this but it has changed my life. Target near me sells it for $98.00 Pennsaid has helped my bad knees. I would not say it took all of my pain away but it helped lower it. I like that it glides on the skin. i like that you can re apply."

gunnwiley (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2017

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: "I take Extra Strength Voltaren gel 2.32% for RA pain. I purchase it OTC in Canada. It really is about the only thing that touches the pain. My wife however cannot stand the smell of it when I use it. She says it makes her short of breath. I have been using Voltaren for years and just this last June she complained loudly. I haven't used it since. Hence I can't sleep because of the pain. I do not smell much of anything besides the alcohol when it is drying."

Paul_Lu July 26, 2017