User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Voltaren Gel Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1875 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Voltaren Gel to treat Pain

"I have Carpal tunnel syndrome. There are nights the pain is unbearable. I have applied prescription Voltaren Gel and it brings significant relief. I rub the gel into the wrist, palm, and fingers."

Pa Pa John 1935 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2017

"I was hit by a police car in 2002. I was in recovery for a year. From the head down. Broken jaw, 4 disks crushed my neck. Both collar bones, 7 broken ribs and a shatered pelvis. So many pills, patches and injections. Under the knife many times. A real humpty dumpty story. I have more pins, screws in me than your local hard wear store. Note: I don't want to over state the how effective it is but it works. Talking to my doctor about the pain. He gave me this to try. Well my 1st thought was "just another snake oil" But it'sfreak'in amazing, it works like magic. Why did I not recive this years ago. The Drugest gave me a stupid look. And said it just became generic. All those years I would have paid anything. When your in pain, money is no object"

Perkytires January 7, 2017

"I hit my toe and half my foot swollen."

0000pp0 December 27, 2016

"Worked great on a muscle strain! Even helped to heal it faster. Nice mild smell. I gave it a 8/10 and not a 10/10 because it gave me side effects. Ringing in ears quite frequently as well as a very strong dizzy feeling. This began after a week of use."

Shawnsss November 24, 2016

"I think the use of putting perfume in the gel is really stupid. There are so many people allergic also someone like me with cancer and very sore and nauseated to spend money on this and it made me so sick I washed up 4 times and my hands and skin still smells strong. It gave me a headache and made my nausea worse. There is no need for perfume not to mention it's just an toxic unnecessary ingredient. I will never use this again and I will be sure to let everyone at clinic know."

Peggyboooo75 November 22, 2016

"My dr gave me Voltaren Gel to help relieve my Ilio-Inguinal Neuralgia as a sample. I don't have a specific dosage, just when it hurts, apply the cream. It works amazing! I mainly use it for break-through pain between doses, and days like this with storms and hectic days at work, I'm able to concentrate on work instead of trying to take my mind off of the pain. Does this come in gallon size with a push handle? Maybe a bath bomb I could put in my jacuzzi tub? Just askin..."

Gerip93 July 14, 2016

"I have lived on a formal pain regimine for many years. Among other conditions, I live with psoriatic arthritis and deal with IBS/here from sensitivities to some medications. My internist prescribed Voltaren Gel for me a few years ago. My pharmacist told me to use it sparingly, that with this product less is more. I have followed her advice and use it on an as needed basis for pain that my regular meds just don't seem to control. Like when I blew a tendon in my foot walking my Service Dog or when I fell and wound up with a non-displaced fracture of my tibia. Using Voltaren Gel helped me control the pain so well that I was able to walk with a cane. It is AMAZING how effective it has been for me."

Maggie Pringlemeir (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2016

"My muscles in my shoulder get really tense because of a pinched nerve in my neck and I also have osteoarthritis and lower back pain this stuff when I have a flare up this stuff works wonders. They now make it in generic so I can afford it now I used to not be able to afford it when it was brand only."

Kristopher-Generic Avaliable N (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 10, 2016

"I have a sprained rotator cuff. I was prescribed Voltaren for Plantar Facilities several months ago. I found no relief from the Voltaren for my feet. When I injured My shoulder, I remembered that had the Voltaren so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. WOW!! AMAZING!! Nothing I have tried orally can even come close to the Voltaren. It is like a miracle. I have never found any medication for anything that was more effective. I guess it just works better for some injuries than others. It is , however, very short acting. But the pain relief it provides is priceless. I have arthritis in my hands, I don't find it helps with that pain. For the certain types of injury it works better than narcotic medication. Smells great Absorbs quickly."

StaceyBgood July 8, 2016

"I have RSI in the wrist. I have been doing the streching exercise shown to me by my physio therapist as well as using Volt. I get No relief using it at all. Its just an expensive useless smelly cream in my experience."

Stumpu (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

"I live in Florida. This gel worked very nicely for my tennis elbow, shoulder pain and lower back pain. However, I JUST had an "ah ha" moment as to the mysterious, very itchy rash I have developed. The application areas reacted in the intense heat. Last summer while gardening I developed a severe lower back rash which I assumed was somehow sweat related. This year I developed the same painful, itchy rash on my right upper back (deltoid area and shoulder) down to my lower arm. Again, I thought it was from the heat and sweat. As I was applying it yesterday, I realized it was being applied directly on top of my rash. The ONLY places I have my rash. It took me long enough!! However, I did NOT get this rash in the cooler temps."

Babs727 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2016

"I am an artist and a horseback rider and for the last few months have experienced a very painful case of tendinitis in my right arm. This gel works well and very quickly in my case, and with bracing and icing I have experienced a lot of relief. The nature of this pain reliever is anti inflammatory - not numbing - so I don't think you would find use for it if your pain is not of the inflammatory nature. I get spastic and tense neck muscles all the time and find heat and massages work better. So for the right purpose it is excellent stuff. I am sensitive, delicate skinned and had no allergies but I would be careful and spot test nonetheless."

Jessybel (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

"Why on earth any company would add fragrance to a medicine is beyond me when so many medical facilities have gone fragrance free. Even the low level fragrance has caused nausea after a half day's use. It's either the fragrance or a reaction to the gel. Didn't make much difference in my pain level."

Bad Side Effects (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

"I used this for sciatic pain. The first few times it worked. Pain was reduced. Then about the 4th or 5th time I experienced a burning sensation. It was so strong that I had to wash off the medication to get relief."

Robert Roberts (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

"I was diagnosed with sciatic pain that affected my back and right thigh. I used the gel liberally as the pain increased. Eight days ago I stopped as my right thigh was experiencing a burning sensation in the area where I had applied the gel. I still have the burning sensation.I am on various drugs for hypettension."

cuchlane (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

"I was having hand pains a friend put some on my hand,I had no pain for days,I went to my Dr.got a prescription, it works no ordor,it also helps my roto tear,I had a botched surgery, it helps that pain. Thanks to my friend and this company."

Blondel (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

"I have Peroneus Brevis Tendonitits and was prescribed Voltarin for 21 days, 4 times per day, with icing. I felt minimal improvement for the first ten days, then nothing further. A month after starting the treatment, my foot is in no better condition than it was when I started."

KateBruce (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

"I was prescribed Voltaren Gel (didn't know it came in pill form as well) for a fractured arm that had been misdiagnosed and left untreated for 3 weeks , it helped with that pain so I tried it on my knees it reduced the swelling. They look like knees again I can bend them and I don't notice have the constant pain. I have 3 degenerated disc in my lower back it doesn't seem to help with that"

Shearhare January 12, 2016

"I have "jumpers knee" tendonitis. I play softball and I am a outfielder...I also workout 5 times a week. Back in my days I ran track as well...I guess it all caught up to me in my early 30's ..I couldn't lift my leg below my knee it was so painful, my sports dr prescribed Voltaren and when I used it as prescribed 4x's a day I saw a good bit of improvement..."

DeeM82 December 31, 2015

"After purchasing the medicine for shoulder pain I followed directions and applied 4 times a day. The second day the applied area ( upper arm and shoulder ) was turning dark. By the end of second day the arm was black swollen and painful. Emergency room visit did not provide any relief other than telling Me to discontinue use of gel. I have a artificial heart valve that requires that I take blood thinner which was discussed with the prescribing physician and had been used as prescribed. The arm continued to swell and the blackness continued down the arm with pain that became unbearable. A ambulance was summoned to take me back to the hosital emergency room personnel could not diganose the situation completely and I was admitted to the ward. Surgery was required"

bigjc December 31, 2015

"I had a cracked rib on the front of my chest from an airbag/accident. The pain was excruciating. Voltaren provided instant relief, a miracle drug, and the rib healed in just 3 to 4 weeks. I am now trying it on a couple of old injuries that left me with painful bone spurs in my neck as well as an old rib injury in my back that healed wrong - it is helping these too, making the pain much more bearable. Only trouble is my insurance wouldn't cover, so not sure I can afford it again."

MG in CA November 2, 2015

"Never felt any lessening of pain. After about 3 weeks of putting it on my foot, I experienced a tingling, burning sensation all the way up the leg to the knee."

JB123JB (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

"I was first introduce to use voltaren gel since i was 8 (20 years ago) by the doctor due to my leg injury. Then i had accident around 15 years ago where my right arm totally disfunctional and has healed by just applying this gel. Since then any strain injury, my family will only use voltaren emugel :)"

susan la September 5, 2015

"we went on a long walk, all day thing, my feet were in so much pain, I couldnt even move, I rubbed some on my sore spots, and almost instant relieve :) also had a sore thumb, applied the gel and vala pain gone, thank you, no more NSAIDS for me"

Bonneville1 August 17, 2015

"In have a very rare autoimmune disease. It affects my upper body; extremely painful. In addition, i also have severe pain is in my legs. Specifically front of shins. It is bad enough to wake me up. Volatarin gel does helps with the pain, almost immediately. Good luck!"

TMmac August 1, 2015