User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Voltaren Gel Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1853 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Voltaren Gel to treat Pain

"My dr gave me Voltaren Gel to help relieve my Ilio-Inguinal Neuralgia as a sample. I don't have a specific dosage, just when it hurts, apply the cream. It works amazing! I mainly use it for break-through pain between doses, and days like this with storms and hectic days at work, I'm able to concentrate on work instead of trying to take my mind off of the pain. Does this come in gallon size with a push handle? Maybe a bath bomb I could put in my jacuzzi tub? Just askin..."

Gerip93 July 14, 2016

"I have lived on a formal pain regimine for many years. Among other conditions, I live with psoriatic arthritis and deal with IBS/here from sensitivities to some medications. My internist prescribed Voltaren Gel for me a few years ago. My pharmacist told me to use it sparingly, that with this product less is more. I have followed her advice and use it on an as needed basis for pain that my regular meds just don't seem to control. Like when I blew a tendon in my foot walking my Service Dog or when I fell and wound up with a non-displaced fracture of my tibia. Using Voltaren Gel helped me control the pain so well that I was able to walk with a cane. It is AMAZING how effective it has been for me."

Maggie Pringlemeir (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2016

"My muscles in my shoulder get really tense because of a pinched nerve in my neck and I also have osteoarthritis and lower back pain this stuff when I have a flare up this stuff works wonders. They now make it in generic so I can afford it now I used to not be able to afford it when it was brand only."

Kristopher-Generic Avaliable N (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 10, 2016

"I have a sprained rotator cuff. I was prescribed Voltaren for Plantar Facilities several months ago. I found no relief from the Voltaren for my feet. When I injured My shoulder, I remembered that had the Voltaren so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. WOW!! AMAZING!! Nothing I have tried orally can even come close to the Voltaren. It is like a miracle. I have never found any medication for anything that was more effective. I guess it just works better for some injuries than others. It is , however, very short acting. But the pain relief it provides is priceless. I have arthritis in my hands, I don't find it helps with that pain. For the certain types of injury it works better than narcotic medication. Smells great Absorbs quickly."

StaceyBgood July 8, 2016

"I have RSI in the wrist. I have been doing the streching exercise shown to me by my physio therapist as well as using Volt. I get No relief using it at all. Its just an expensive useless smelly cream in my experience."

Stumpu (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

"I live in Florida. This gel worked very nicely for my tennis elbow, shoulder pain and lower back pain. However, I JUST had an "ah ha" moment as to the mysterious, very itchy rash I have developed. The application areas reacted in the intense heat. Last summer while gardening I developed a severe lower back rash which I assumed was somehow sweat related. This year I developed the same painful, itchy rash on my right upper back (deltoid area and shoulder) down to my lower arm. Again, I thought it was from the heat and sweat. As I was applying it yesterday, I realized it was being applied directly on top of my rash. The ONLY places I have my rash. It took me long enough!! However, I did NOT get this rash in the cooler temps."

Babs727 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2016

"I am an artist and a horseback rider and for the last few months have experienced a very painful case of tendinitis in my right arm. This gel works well and very quickly in my case, and with bracing and icing I have experienced a lot of relief. The nature of this pain reliever is anti inflammatory - not numbing - so I don't think you would find use for it if your pain is not of the inflammatory nature. I get spastic and tense neck muscles all the time and find heat and massages work better. So for the right purpose it is excellent stuff. I am sensitive, delicate skinned and had no allergies but I would be careful and spot test nonetheless."

Jessybel (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

"Why on earth any company would add fragrance to a medicine is beyond me when so many medical facilities have gone fragrance free. Even the low level fragrance has caused nausea after a half day's use. It's either the fragrance or a reaction to the gel. Didn't make much difference in my pain level."

Bad Side Effects (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

"I used this for sciatic pain. The first few times it worked. Pain was reduced. Then about the 4th or 5th time I experienced a burning sensation. It was so strong that I had to wash off the medication to get relief."

Robert Roberts (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

"I was diagnosed with sciatic pain that affected my back and right thigh. I used the gel liberally as the pain increased. Eight days ago I stopped as my right thigh was experiencing a burning sensation in the area where I had applied the gel. I still have the burning sensation.I am on various drugs for hypettension."

cuchlane (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

"I was having hand pains a friend put some on my hand,I had no pain for days,I went to my Dr.got a prescription, it works no ordor,it also helps my roto tear,I had a botched surgery, it helps that pain. Thanks to my friend and this company."

Blondel (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

"I have Peroneus Brevis Tendonitits and was prescribed Voltarin for 21 days, 4 times per day, with icing. I felt minimal improvement for the first ten days, then nothing further. A month after starting the treatment, my foot is in no better condition than it was when I started."

KateBruce (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

"I was prescribed Voltaren Gel (didn't know it came in pill form as well) for a fractured arm that had been misdiagnosed and left untreated for 3 weeks , it helped with that pain so I tried it on my knees it reduced the swelling. They look like knees again I can bend them and I don't notice have the constant pain. I have 3 degenerated disc in my lower back it doesn't seem to help with that"

Shearhare January 12, 2016

"I have "jumpers knee" tendonitis. I play softball and I am a outfielder...I also workout 5 times a week. Back in my days I ran track as well...I guess it all caught up to me in my early 30's ..I couldn't lift my leg below my knee it was so painful, my sports dr prescribed Voltaren and when I used it as prescribed 4x's a day I saw a good bit of improvement..."

DeeM82 December 31, 2015

"After purchasing the medicine for shoulder pain I followed directions and applied 4 times a day. The second day the applied area ( upper arm and shoulder ) was turning dark. By the end of second day the arm was black swollen and painful. Emergency room visit did not provide any relief other than telling Me to discontinue use of gel. I have a artificial heart valve that requires that I take blood thinner which was discussed with the prescribing physician and had been used as prescribed. The arm continued to swell and the blackness continued down the arm with pain that became unbearable. A ambulance was summoned to take me back to the hosital emergency room personnel could not diganose the situation completely and I was admitted to the ward. Surgery was required"

bigjc December 31, 2015

"I had a cracked rib on the front of my chest from an airbag/accident. The pain was excruciating. Voltaren provided instant relief, a miracle drug, and the rib healed in just 3 to 4 weeks. I am now trying it on a couple of old injuries that left me with painful bone spurs in my neck as well as an old rib injury in my back that healed wrong - it is helping these too, making the pain much more bearable. Only trouble is my insurance wouldn't cover, so not sure I can afford it again."

MG in CA November 2, 2015

"Never felt any lessening of pain. After about 3 weeks of putting it on my foot, I experienced a tingling, burning sensation all the way up the leg to the knee."

JB123JB (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

"I was first introduce to use voltaren gel since i was 8 (20 years ago) by the doctor due to my leg injury. Then i had accident around 15 years ago where my right arm totally disfunctional and has healed by just applying this gel. Since then any strain injury, my family will only use voltaren emugel :)"

susan la September 5, 2015

"we went on a long walk, all day thing, my feet were in so much pain, I couldnt even move, I rubbed some on my sore spots, and almost instant relieve :) also had a sore thumb, applied the gel and vala pain gone, thank you, no more NSAIDS for me"

Bonneville1 August 17, 2015

"In have a very rare autoimmune disease. It affects my upper body; extremely painful. In addition, i also have severe pain is in my legs. Specifically front of shins. It is bad enough to wake me up. Volatarin gel does helps with the pain, almost immediately. Good luck!"

TMmac August 1, 2015

"Voltaren is amazing. It takes away my arthritis pain and helps with overly tight neck muscles. It does nothing for my Occipital Neuralgia, but does help with my chronic tendinitis in my hand."

Fushizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2015

"Long story kinda short! My knee swelled up where I couldn't even bend it. My mom gave me a tube of her gel. It worked right away when I applied it. Great stuff. Here's the best part though. I have a bulge in my lower back. I have meloxacam but I don't take it regularly because I feel that it don't help any. So one day my back is as hurting really bad so I decided to apply the gel. Glad I did because wow! It works amazing! They should most definitely test it on the back. I know surgery will be the only thing for permanent relief but I'm only 31 and one can't afford it and two it's not guarantee it would work and could make my problem worse. Next time I go to my doctor I will be asking for my own prescription."

Sarah from calera July 23, 2015

"I used the gel for 2 1/2 months after TKR 3-4 times/day. Part of the time I used the extra-strength version. I thought that it was moderately effective for pain and swelling. However, three weeks after stopping I still cannot get the odor out of my body. The extra-strength version has a different carrier, thicker and with a strong odor, and I would not use it again."

TedQ June 13, 2015

"I used this stuff on my sprained ankle after my uncle told me that his doctor recommended it for pain and inflammation. I gave it a go and I found after about 10-15 minutes the pain I had been experiencing was virtually gone. I also found that it helped heal the bruising on my ankle as well. I have fibromyalgia as well and never thought to use it on my joints, I'll for sure give it a go! The only downside to this product is it smells really bad."

Clumsy80 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

"Dr. Prescribed for Tendonitis, aka Tennis Elbow on right arm. After using for 2 days, the pain is diminished and movement of the forearm, grasping with the fingers, and range of motion is very near back to normal with very little pain. I work on a computer all day, typing and mousing. I apply 2 grams, 4 times a day to the elbow area. It makes working very tolerable. I would say Voltaren is a good treatment and really helps bring my arm function back to normal with no pain for tendonitis / Tennis Elbow. Aspercreme was also ok, but the Voltaren does better. Mild stretching, exercise and movement also help and are made much easier with the Voltaren."

Elbow Hurts March 5, 2015