User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Voltaren Gel Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 1807 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Voltaren Gel to treat Pain

"I've had sacroiliac pain of and on for many years. While it can't completely wipe out my pain, voltaren gel definitely makes it much more bearable. It lasts a long time as well. Not just as far as treating the pain but also as far as the time it's start to work is concerned. Its a really good value. One thing I'd advise, however, is that you never leave it in a location where your partner can mistake it for a personal lubricant in the dark. Because there's some areas where this stuff will actually burn you. Keep it in the medicine cabinet."

ArmyKate May 11, 2018

"I always used Perskindol to handle my pain around the groin area. Bad idea. As soon as Perskindol gets in contact any sensitive manly areas, it feels like my junk has been dipped in a volcano. Good thing someone invented Voltaren. Its perfectly safe to apply to the groin area without the fear of lava on your bits. This product is a straight 10/10."

Andy May 7, 2018

"Every now and then I suffer with Tennis elbow. I apply Voltarol several times a day and the condition rapidly improves."

David (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2018

"I have fibromyalia and had shoulder surgery. My fibro put me down for 3 weeks. A friend bought the 1% gel to use. It didn't stop the pain but was so much better. I will continue to use it as needed."

Nita (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

"I have been having a lot of pain in my knee and I applied it and was amazed. I got up and immediately couldn't feel as much pain as before. I just put it on 1 hour ago and will reapply before I go to bed"

Anonymous March 16, 2018

"This gel is MAGIC. I had very bad back pain that pain killers hardly touched. After applying Voltarol to my lower back, within a few minutes the pain was halved, and within 15 - 20 minutes my back pain was completely gone. I love it!"

Cee (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018

"I bought it originally for knee pain, the cartilage in my knee is almost worn out and I have a separated tendon behind my knee. The Voltaren did help with the pain. But years ago maybe 20 years ago I broke my ankle it has alway been swollen and bone chips floating around. So about 6 month ago I decided to try it on my ankle, I couldn’t believe it the pain was gone within an hour. I was amazed, and I don’t even have to use it everyday.."

Bruce (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

"I had calcific tendonitis in my shoulder and had suffered from it for months. It is quite painful. The Voltaren Gel was the ONLY thing that brought me any sort of real relief. I also take 2 different opiates for other chronic pain issues for my spinal issues and even they didn't touch the pain, yet the V Gel did! I was ecstatic! I tried the pill version (Diclofenac) and it did absolutely nothing. The gel....AMAZING"

Pebbles February 23, 2018

"Expensive gel and it is doing nothing"

Cronic tennis elbow (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2018

"I use it on my knee and my neck and shoulders and it works very well. It does take some time to take hold and give pain relief, but it does work, but everyone is different. At least give it a try!"

cvdixon29 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2017

"I put up with pain in lower back after strain for a week, I tried the voltaren gel before bed, it gave me relief from pain initially but I woke up at 4am in even worse pain. I'm not going to use again. I'm going back to tumeric and black pepper, and heat packs and stretches."

natural better (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

"It gave me some noticeable relief. Pain went from 5/10 to a 2/10. Put it on before going to sleep."

Neck upper posterior shoulder (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

"My pain management doctor prescribed this for hip bursitis. I have not experienced any pain relief from it at all. I’ve been using this topical gel for several months and it was only until approximately four months later I associated itching all over my body after I use the gel. I thought it was my imagination but I have tested it out several times, I am not itchy In the area that I apply the gel, but it must get into your bloodstream and I have several areas of my body that start itching at the same time. So in addition to not feeling any pain relief, I am reacting with all over body itching. I will now we put this back to my doctor, And hope to find pain relief for my hip."

MoBo16 November 10, 2017

"worked OK on burning shoulder pain"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

"I use it for tendinitis in the hip and it is the only thing that helps"

Anonymous October 16, 2017

"My history is spinal fusion/neck ~7 years ago- plates and screws in my neck. Now have 3 bulging disks in neck also. 6 discs removed from back (spinal stenosis, herniated discs, scoliosis)- have 6 metal plates, two steel rods and 14 screws~in back. The surgeries did help- but still have pain, burning, & pins and needles sensation in neck, shoulders & arms. Burning pain in hips, and muscular soreness through out my back. I've been on pain meds for years and wasn't getting a lot of relief. I discussed with my MD and he ordered Voltaren Gel. I can't say enough how much relief I receive from this medicine. Can sleep better, pain much less. I've even begun hiking again!"

HikingAgain (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2017

"I’ve been in various treatments for sciatica for the past year an a half. I’ve been in physical therapy for 14 months, tried dry needling, myofacasial release massage therapy, diet changes, prescription drugs, yoga, isolated/ active stretching & OTC icy hot & HO Capazain cream. My doctor prescribed this after the pain clinic refused to give me a steroid injection for pain relief. It’s more effective than anything else I’ve tried. I take a prescription drug for the pain and then put this cream on 4 or 5 times a day. Within minutes of applying it the pain dissipates & I’m pain free for several hours. This stuff works better than numbing yourself with ice. It helps the pain in both hips and my lower spine. I was given 3% strength & it rocks!"

Emily1991 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

"I take Extra Strength Voltaren gel 2.32% for RA pain. I purchase it OTC in Canada. It really is about the only thing that touches the pain. My wife however cannot stand the smell of it when I use it. She says it makes her short of breath. I have been using Voltaren for years and just this last June she complained loudly. I haven't used it since. Hence I can't sleep because of the pain. I do not smell much of anything besides the alcohol when it is drying."

Paul_Lu July 26, 2017

"I was prescribed the emulgel 1.16% for back pain and a torn stomach muscle. I was surprised at how quickly it worked. It definitely gave me more mobility. I also hurt my shoulder recently kayaking and the gel allowed me to start moving normally within 5-10 mins. It also allowed me to reduce oral painkillers significantly. I would recommend this to anyone. I tested my skin before applying it and didn't have any adverse reactions."

Purplebugs (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

"I used the gel once, as prescribed and broke out in to a rash all over my body. The rash is called Erythema multiforme. I was covered in bright red,raised welts and hives for close to two weeks. The experience was itchy, uncomfortable and over all unpleasant. My Dr. said to stop using the gel but the most frustrating part was there was nothing anyone can do. It simply needed to "run it's course!" Use at your own risk!"

Not a good match (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

"This gel has worked for me, but of course,everyone is different. It takes a few applications for it to work."

santanarrr June 1, 2017

"I started using Voltaren Gel 1% in 2015 and it really did help decrease my pain in my neck, lower back, hips, knees, ankles, elbows, and wrists. But do need to apply 4 times per day. I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type III hypermobility . My ligaments and tendons are weak and has been affecting my joints, needing to have 2 neck surgeries, bunions, and wrist surgery. I switched over to the generic Diclofenac 3% gel. Let me tell you it works! Unfortunately this higher dose costs anywhere from $600.00 - $1,100.00 for a 100 Gram tube. Downside is that it's marketed for skin Actinic Keratosis."

Sheri B (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2017

"Works really well , but the size of the tube compared to the box it comes in is very very deceiving , when I bought my 50g one thought it was going to be bigger when it came out the box I thought someone had switched it for a smaller version just look before you buy"

Jono69 May 11, 2017

"I tried voltaren due to pain and stiffness in lower back maybe due to L5/s1 prolapse, (diagnosed on MRI but not a big one) and (probably) over doing things in the garden. I was waking up due to pain and found moving extremely difficult and painful. I was at the point of taking pain relief before bed and again at around 4 a.m. With no expectations but exasperation I tried voltaren. It really has worked very much to my surprise!!! I did not expect such a good result or any result, I was just so fed up I grabbed a tube to mix up with the oral meds! It's helped my sleep in a matter of days and I'm much more comfortable. I don't take oral pain killers now and whilst I can still feel it, it's nowhere near the way it was. I can move properly again"

Suzanne74111 April 11, 2017

"I was prescribed Voltaren Gel for the arthritis in my hands and bursitis in my elbows. I also have severe pain down the IT band area in both legs and my hips and low back give me problems (DDD in low back). Since using Voltaren Gel I can make it through the day without the aching and usually debilitating pain that I get when I don't use it. Fortunately I only need to use it once a day in the morning and that gets me through until the next day. This medicine works. It smells bad at first when you put it on but I can deal with that."

mkztg March 20, 2017