User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Voltaren Gel Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1857 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Voltaren Gel to treat Pain

"I tried voltaren due to pain and stiffness in lower back maybe due to L5/s1 prolapse, (diagnosed on MRI but not a big one) and (probably) over doing things in the garden. I was waking up due to pain and found moving extremely difficult and painful. I was at the point of taking pain relief before bed and again at around 4 a.m. With no expectations but exasperation I tried voltaren. It really has worked very much to my surprise!!! I did not expect such a good result or any result, I was just so fed up I grabbed a tube to mix up with the oral meds! It's helped my sleep in a matter of days and I'm much more comfortable. I don't take oral pain killers now and whilst I can still feel it, it's nowhere near the way it was. I can move properly again"

Suzanne74111 April 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed Voltaren Gel for the arthritis in my hands and bursitis in my elbows. I also have severe pain down the IT band area in both legs and my hips and low back give me problems (DDD in low back). Since using Voltaren Gel I can make it through the day without the aching and usually debilitating pain that I get when I don't use it. Fortunately I only need to use it once a day in the morning and that gets me through until the next day. This medicine works. It smells bad at first when you put it on but I can deal with that."

mkztg March 20, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had back surgery 6 months ago, three discectomies, and a rod and five screws implanted. While it is stated it is not approved for spinal use, I have found Voltaren extremely beneficial. While I still have pain in the neighborhood of an 8 out of 10, I feel that it would always be a 10 without Voltaren. Many thanks to my PA for recommending it."

Hank J March 12, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have Carpal tunnel syndrome. There are nights the pain is unbearable. I have applied prescription Voltaren Gel and it brings significant relief. I rub the gel into the wrist, palm, and fingers."

Pa Pa John 1935 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was hit by a police car in 2002. I was in recovery for a year. From the head down. Broken jaw, 4 disks crushed my neck. Both collar bones, 7 broken ribs and a shatered pelvis. So many pills, patches and injections. Under the knife many times. A real humpty dumpty story. I have more pins, screws in me than your local hard wear store. Note: I don't want to over state the how effective it is but it works. Talking to my doctor about the pain. He gave me this to try. Well my 1st thought was "just another snake oil" But it'sfreak'in amazing, it works like magic. Why did I not recive this years ago. The Drugest gave me a stupid look. And said it just became generic. All those years I would have paid anything. When your in pain, money is no object"

Perkytires January 7, 2017

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I hit my toe and half my foot swollen."

0000pp0 December 27, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Worked great on a muscle strain! Even helped to heal it faster. Nice mild smell. I gave it a 8/10 and not a 10/10 because it gave me side effects. Ringing in ears quite frequently as well as a very strong dizzy feeling. This began after a week of use."

Shawnsss November 24, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I think the use of putting perfume in the gel is really stupid. There are so many people allergic also someone like me with cancer and very sore and nauseated to spend money on this and it made me so sick I washed up 4 times and my hands and skin still smells strong. It gave me a headache and made my nausea worse. There is no need for perfume not to mention it's just an toxic unnecessary ingredient. I will never use this again and I will be sure to let everyone at clinic know."

Peggyboooo75 November 22, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My dr gave me Voltaren Gel to help relieve my Ilio-Inguinal Neuralgia as a sample. I don't have a specific dosage, just when it hurts, apply the cream. It works amazing! I mainly use it for break-through pain between doses, and days like this with storms and hectic days at work, I'm able to concentrate on work instead of trying to take my mind off of the pain. Does this come in gallon size with a push handle? Maybe a bath bomb I could put in my jacuzzi tub? Just askin..."

Gerip93 July 14, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have lived on a formal pain regimine for many years. Among other conditions, I live with psoriatic arthritis and deal with IBS/here from sensitivities to some medications. My internist prescribed Voltaren Gel for me a few years ago. My pharmacist told me to use it sparingly, that with this product less is more. I have followed her advice and use it on an as needed basis for pain that my regular meds just don't seem to control. Like when I blew a tendon in my foot walking my Service Dog or when I fell and wound up with a non-displaced fracture of my tibia. Using Voltaren Gel helped me control the pain so well that I was able to walk with a cane. It is AMAZING how effective it has been for me."

Maggie Pringlemeir (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My muscles in my shoulder get really tense because of a pinched nerve in my neck and I also have osteoarthritis and lower back pain this stuff when I have a flare up this stuff works wonders. They now make it in generic so I can afford it now I used to not be able to afford it when it was brand only."

Kristopher-Generic Avaliable N (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 10, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have a sprained rotator cuff. I was prescribed Voltaren for Plantar Facilities several months ago. I found no relief from the Voltaren for my feet. When I injured My shoulder, I remembered that had the Voltaren so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. WOW!! AMAZING!! Nothing I have tried orally can even come close to the Voltaren. It is like a miracle. I have never found any medication for anything that was more effective. I guess it just works better for some injuries than others. It is , however, very short acting. But the pain relief it provides is priceless. I have arthritis in my hands, I don't find it helps with that pain. For the certain types of injury it works better than narcotic medication. Smells great Absorbs quickly."

StaceyBgood July 8, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have RSI in the wrist. I have been doing the streching exercise shown to me by my physio therapist as well as using Volt. I get No relief using it at all. Its just an expensive useless smelly cream in my experience."

Stumpu (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I live in Florida. This gel worked very nicely for my tennis elbow, shoulder pain and lower back pain. However, I JUST had an "ah ha" moment as to the mysterious, very itchy rash I have developed. The application areas reacted in the intense heat. Last summer while gardening I developed a severe lower back rash which I assumed was somehow sweat related. This year I developed the same painful, itchy rash on my right upper back (deltoid area and shoulder) down to my lower arm. Again, I thought it was from the heat and sweat. As I was applying it yesterday, I realized it was being applied directly on top of my rash. The ONLY places I have my rash. It took me long enough!! However, I did NOT get this rash in the cooler temps."

Babs727 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am an artist and a horseback rider and for the last few months have experienced a very painful case of tendinitis in my right arm. This gel works well and very quickly in my case, and with bracing and icing I have experienced a lot of relief. The nature of this pain reliever is anti inflammatory - not numbing - so I don't think you would find use for it if your pain is not of the inflammatory nature. I get spastic and tense neck muscles all the time and find heat and massages work better. So for the right purpose it is excellent stuff. I am sensitive, delicate skinned and had no allergies but I would be careful and spot test nonetheless."

Jessybel (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Why on earth any company would add fragrance to a medicine is beyond me when so many medical facilities have gone fragrance free. Even the low level fragrance has caused nausea after a half day's use. It's either the fragrance or a reaction to the gel. Didn't make much difference in my pain level."

Bad Side Effects (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used this for sciatic pain. The first few times it worked. Pain was reduced. Then about the 4th or 5th time I experienced a burning sensation. It was so strong that I had to wash off the medication to get relief."

Robert Roberts (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was diagnosed with sciatic pain that affected my back and right thigh. I used the gel liberally as the pain increased. Eight days ago I stopped as my right thigh was experiencing a burning sensation in the area where I had applied the gel. I still have the burning sensation.I am on various drugs for hypettension."

cuchlane (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was having hand pains a friend put some on my hand,I had no pain for days,I went to my Dr.got a prescription, it works no ordor,it also helps my roto tear,I had a botched surgery, it helps that pain. Thanks to my friend and this company."

Blondel (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have Peroneus Brevis Tendonitits and was prescribed Voltarin for 21 days, 4 times per day, with icing. I felt minimal improvement for the first ten days, then nothing further. A month after starting the treatment, my foot is in no better condition than it was when I started."

KateBruce (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed Voltaren Gel (didn't know it came in pill form as well) for a fractured arm that had been misdiagnosed and left untreated for 3 weeks , it helped with that pain so I tried it on my knees it reduced the swelling. They look like knees again I can bend them and I don't notice have the constant pain. I have 3 degenerated disc in my lower back it doesn't seem to help with that"

Shearhare January 12, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have "jumpers knee" tendonitis. I play softball and I am a outfielder...I also workout 5 times a week. Back in my days I ran track as well...I guess it all caught up to me in my early 30's ..I couldn't lift my leg below my knee it was so painful, my sports dr prescribed Voltaren and when I used it as prescribed 4x's a day I saw a good bit of improvement..."

DeeM82 December 31, 2015

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After purchasing the medicine for shoulder pain I followed directions and applied 4 times a day. The second day the applied area ( upper arm and shoulder ) was turning dark. By the end of second day the arm was black swollen and painful. Emergency room visit did not provide any relief other than telling Me to discontinue use of gel. I have a artificial heart valve that requires that I take blood thinner which was discussed with the prescribing physician and had been used as prescribed. The arm continued to swell and the blackness continued down the arm with pain that became unbearable. A ambulance was summoned to take me back to the hosital emergency room personnel could not diganose the situation completely and I was admitted to the ward. Surgery was required"

bigjc December 31, 2015

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had a cracked rib on the front of my chest from an airbag/accident. The pain was excruciating. Voltaren provided instant relief, a miracle drug, and the rib healed in just 3 to 4 weeks. I am now trying it on a couple of old injuries that left me with painful bone spurs in my neck as well as an old rib injury in my back that healed wrong - it is helping these too, making the pain much more bearable. Only trouble is my insurance wouldn't cover, so not sure I can afford it again."

MG in CA November 2, 2015

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Never felt any lessening of pain. After about 3 weeks of putting it on my foot, I experienced a tingling, burning sensation all the way up the leg to the knee."

JB123JB (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015