User Reviews for Voltaren Gel to treat Osteoarthritis

Voltaren Gel Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 190 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Voltaren Gel

farmer · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

“Four Times a day???? You would have to arrange your whole day and carry the tube with you. Patient compliance is impossible .....took it back after reading the directions.”

Petnanny · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2020

“I just started using this and obtained pretty immediate relief for my knee replacement knee and my other knee with osteoarthritis. I’ve had a difficult recovery from complete knee replacement surgery. Because of severe pain I haven’t been able to continue my PT exercises. Voltaren allows me to do the exercises with quite a bit less pain. I hope that no bad reactions”

Ell · Taken for 10 years or more June 15, 2020

“I have been using the Gel for many years off and on for pain. Always purchased it in Europe. So happy to see that it is available over the counter in US now. Have never had any side effects. I highly recommend this product for pain. I am 78 years old.”

Langsom June 11, 2020

“Did nothing for me at all waste of money never buy again”

Sophie Jean June 6, 2020

“Volaten Gel was prescribed years ago when it was a prescription and I did feel pain relief in my knee, but my stomach hurt a lot from it. Tried it now that it is over the counter and there is a little help with my knee, but major all day migraine and sweats from using it.”

Christine · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2020

“I have osteoarthritis in both knees but periodically my right knee flares up and a Baker's cyst forms behind the knee. I have been using the Voltaren Gel for 4 days now and I can definitely see the inflammation has gone down and the stiffness is 80% gone. I was hoping to avoid a steroid shot which is what I usually have to have in such instances. I think this has gotten me past that need so I am very thankful and I recommend the product. Costco now carries the product in a 3 tube package”

Tinabug · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2020

“Voltaren really helped for me I have osteoarthritis and a lot of swelling in my left knee and I’ve been using it for three days and the swelling is down and the pain is almost gone even though it said you need to use it for a week to see results. I have a bone spur and it feels so much better I’m able to move around like I haven’t been able to in a long time ”

Dee May 19, 2020

“I have every kind of arthritis! I find voltaren gel fantastic! I’ve tried everything, on my 2nd tube! I wish it would come in a bigger bottle, and a pump bottle verses the tube! Cream goes quick, I paid $12.99, go throw some coupons at us! Overall very pleased!”

Sore · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2020

“Voltaron emolgel does work a little, a little better than nothing. But over priced and that stupid cap thing is a waste had to cut it open to get all the gel out. Find another idea.”

The Starz March 1, 2020

“Made things worse... TransAct and Deep Heat are better... it gave no pain relief at all.”

Digitaltaz · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2020

“I use the voltaren gel daily and it works well. I cannot tolerate oral NSAIDs and this proved to be a welcome alternative. I use it on my shoulders, back and knees, all to good effect.”

Mac · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

“Broke a big toe in high school and had surgery to remove bone spur from this same toe 20 years ago. 3 night ago the occasional pain I felt in the toes was non-stop shooting pain. The orthopod I saw yesterday took xrays and said I had severe osteoarthritis in the 1st joint- not the big joint at the base of the toe, He said the long-term fix is fusing that joint. He also said the joint is too small to inject. He prescribed diclofenac (brand name Voltaren) gel. Yes - gel. You rub in on and around the joint with pain 3-4 times/day. It’s really made a difference - slept 7 hrs solid last night. Still have pains but are about 50% less severe.”

BAM · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 25, 2019

“I’ve had this gel pushed at me by my pain management doctor. It does absolutely nothing. It took the itch out of a mosquito bite for a SECOND. I really don’t understand the hype about this stuff! I’m better off taking magnesium supplements & using Salon Pas topical spray.”

PJ · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

“I can not take oral anti inflammatories due to over use when younger. Recently my osteoarthritis in my right knee became so severe that I couldn't put any weight on it. The pain was incredible. Within hours of applying this gel the pain and swelling decreased significantly. BUT... 10 days later developed insane headache, bp spiked, digestive problems, etc. Pharmacist said 'no side effects'. Went from applying it through out the day to only when I absolutely have to. Just sayin' ... Be cautious if you've had issues with oral anti inflammatories as the topical diclofenac is absorbed and yes there can be side effects that affect your whole body.”

Dawny · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

“Think I have been using too much of voltaren gel, I have been getting bad palpitations and very bad depression. I stopped using it a feel a lot better couldn’t keep awake all day with it”

Marty · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

“I have used voltaren gel on the top of my foot and hand for osteoarthritis. Used it faithfully 3 times a day for a couple weeks. I experienced no relief.”

Pain relief · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2019

“I love this! Worked very well the first time I used it! Recommend it!”

Jenny Wren April 25, 2019

“I use voltaren for a painful knee. After applying it daily by hand, I began to notice an amazing improvement in my arthritic hands, the fingers of which were mis-shapen. They began to straighten! Thank you for my almost perfect 80 year old hands!”

Hotchik · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2019

“I used Voltaren gel 1 time on day one for my osteoarthritis in my knee! Felt great! Maybe because it felt so good that over did it a little got a little sore! Next day used it again felt great so good I skipped the next day! Used it the next day & altho my arthritis didn’t hurt other parts of my leg did! Skipped another day! Today I put it on & my legs hurt so bad felt like I could feel myself getting shin splints! Have never been more stiff or felt like my legs were gonna fall off! I will never use it again!”

Useless April 6, 2019

“Used for hand osteoarthritis pain and it did absolutely nothing. Also tried using for my neck and back pain and it provides ZERO relief. Mineral ice, Ben Gay and ice packs work much better.”

Cherie · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 5, 2019

“I have been using this for 4 years and it works great for me.”

Cherie · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 5, 2019

“It works excellent on my Osteoarthritis!!”

SK · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2018

“Was not useful for Osteoarthritis or Pain.”

Nanc July 31, 2018

“It made my pain worse:(”

Dreric May 24, 2018

“I got this from the VA for my big toe arthritis, it works extremely well and last a long time between applications.”

Learn more about Osteoarthritis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)