User Reviews for Pristiq (Page 2)

Learn more about Pristiq.

Pristiq Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 222 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Pristiq to treat Depression

"With peri menopause leading to menopause...came an overwhelming sadness, emotional ups and downs, anger, the black dog visited often for no apparent reason. After seeing doctor who offered blood tests acknowledged menopause was occurring, he prescribed pristiq 50 mg. one a day. I had negative pre conceived ideas about taking anti depressants due to incorrect information but thought I'd give it a try. It's now nearly three years since I began treatment....yes ...they work....side effects :can numb emotions, but not to the point that I can't feel..loss of libido..that's a small price to pay compared to how I felt when the black dog visited. I tried to stop taking pristiq only to have old symptoms return"

Basell January 29, 2016

"27, I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression about 18 months ago. My doctor started me on 50mg of sertraline and it had no effect so bumped me up to 100mg and I absolutely hated life! My panic attacks worsened my mood was unbearble, I always felt tired and nauseous which all affected my ability to work. I had enough so I stopped but then needed to go back to the doctor to try a different medication which he prescribed me pristiq. I feel absolutely amazing! My anxiety has gone and the depression side of things is a thing of the past! I have been nauseas once or twice since being on it (3 months) but that is nothing compared to the other medication I was on :)"

Llc89 January 28, 2016

"This medication has been a lifesaver! I have been on it for almost 3 weeks and I am amazed at how much better I feel. I suffered a breakdown just after Thanksgiving and continued to be an utter disaster for a few weeks...I entered a PHP program where the Psych suggested Pristiq, something I had been asking my Primary Psych for months! After about 4-5 days, I began to feel somewhat whole again and I'm getting better each day. I still have my ups and downs but I'm now able to get out of bed and shower everyday! The only reason I did not give a 10 is because of some undesirable side effects such as, nausea and very dry mouth. I am told that by 4-6 weeks this should go away."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2016

"Could not concentrate or think on this medicine , I took it for a week and stopped. Felt depressed and anxious on it"

Anonymous January 24, 2016

"Horrible drug. Avoid it"

Skipwith January 23, 2016

"18 years. I switched to pristiq after paxil and Wellbutrin. I took a gene sight test that predicted me to have the least amount of side affects with pristiq (which I highly recommend). I had almost no side effects. After the pristiq started to kick in I felt alright, not too great or severely depressed. I did feel well enough to go to school (I couldn't on Paxil). However after about a month I noticed a shift; I felt a lot better than usual at times and at others I felt depressed. I also have had racing thoughts and mood swings become more common. I became worried I had bi polar disorder. I told my psychiatrist this and he believed it was coming from pristiq. Coming off has been a hard. My mind has been in a fog, hot flashes, flu like symptoms"

Dropple (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2016

"I have been on Prestiq for ages, it did not work for me I felt continuously nauseated I became numb of all feeling and lost who I was along the way. In December 2015 I had unrelenting vomiting, this included vomiting back all medication. After 10 days I was a screaming heap, went to the Dr who prescribe Maxalon for the vomiting, this didn't work so back I went this time Stemetil, still vomiting by now off Prestiq felt awful for ages. Gradually I noticed although still feeling nauseated was not as cranky irritable and stressed. I am still struggling with the withdrawal symptoms however, I am coping better without the medication than I thought possible. Why is it Dr's do not listen to you when you are on medication for depression?"

Nightmare Nancy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2016

"36. Depression on and off since 15yrs old. Tried diff Meds. On Welbutrin for 5 years and felt like it stopped working. About Aug 2015 I was crying constantly so switched to Prisitiq 50mg began Dec'15 and crying stopped. But so did all of my other feelings. I Feel nothing. Plus zero libido. zero. That is not good for a marriage. Thankfully hubby supportive. Quit taking Dec 30 Dr warned me cold turkey would not good but trying. Feelings coming back but too bad just sadness right now. Wish I never even tried this. Tears are better than no feelings."

SoDone. January 2, 2016

"Since being on Prestiq I enjoy every day, not feeling down, no beating myself up, just enjoying life. Yaaa"

Aggles (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2015

"On it again for OCD and depression. Actually still tired after 6 weeks switched to night and screws up my sleep pattern. Not sure when to take it. It does help but can you live this tired forever?."

Cannonball dr December 29, 2015

"I've been on Pritiq two years now and it's a nightmare to get off of them. I wish I would have never started them going off of them is so hard the side effects are probably close to an addict coming off drugs. I've only missed a dose and I feel like hell. DO NOT GO ON THEM TRY ANOTHER ANTIDEPRESSANT!! If I knew then what I know now about the withdrawal effects I would have stayed on Citalipram. as Pritiq is time released pill you can't just take a smaller dose to go off. Living nightmare as I don't find much benefit from them for depression and now I can't get off them without feeling like I'm going insane."

Mountain Badger December 20, 2015

"I have been taking antidepressants for years; prozac, celexa,cymbalta, and now pristiq. I have always had problems stopping taking antidepressants and needed to go back on the medication after a while. I even stopped taking pristiq and found it necessary to go back on the drug after stopping. This last time I started taking pristiq I felt much better after some weeks and everything was back to normal. Then I began to notice more depression symptoms like brain fog, general lack of motivation, tiredness, major forgetfulness. I went out of town and even forgot to take the pills with me. This is where things took a strange turn. I felt better the next day! Every day that went by I felt better. I forgot what felt like to fell this good"

Foxtrot70 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2015

"This is day two for me taking the medicine, and already my face has broke, I'm very tired, and I feel anxious at times and like crying at others. I don't like it. I'm going back to latunda"

Anonymous December 9, 2015

"I have suffered from depression on & off since childhood as I had gone through a lot of trauma in my childhood. I believe my brain was rewired due to the depression I've endured since - that first started when I was 9 yrs old. I've been on about 14 different antidepressants of all types (including MAOI 's & mood stabilizers & none of them had really worked for me. I gave up on everything - & truly believed I'd just had to accept wanting to die almost daily for the rest of my life!!! I finally asked my Dr. if I could try any new antidepressants & he prescribed Pristiq. This is the start of my 3rd month on it & it's changed my life! I'm actually feeling wonderful & have found hope again! On 50mgs/day."

gingermynx (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2015

"I took pristiq for a month, one pill a day, I'm currently tapering myself off of it now because it has caused the following effects: Loss of any emotion Uncontrolable shaking Inability to feel hungry or full & Inability to feel pain I'm 16 and this anti depressant is for 18 but my gp thought it was a good idea to prescribe it for me? I don't think I'll ever take another anti depressant again I'd rather feel everything than nothing."

WalksAlot December 5, 2015

"I was on this for 5 weeks broke out in hives- now off of it and on Prednisone. I also take Lamictal so she took me off that too as she didn't know which med was causing the issue. If you start itching get to your DR right away"

Sammijo1122 November 28, 2015

"I used to experience severe panic attacks every single day until I decided to see a doctor. Have not had a single attack since I started on pristiq. Best antidepressant I have ever taken."

Allyw1704 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2015

"After a horrible two years on Prozac Pristiq came in like a saviour. It reminded me what my normal thought process was without depression. I started on 50mg and 3 months in upped it to 100 and most of the time it's great however like everything tis not perfect. I have good days and bad days. I often have a few weeks of good days and when it's bad it's really bad; no motivation, suicidal, depressed, anxious. I also notice that if I miss a day or two I go through major withdrawal and that leads to similar symptoms as a bad day. Overall it really did change my life but it's not perfect."

vugbnm,;ihg November 7, 2015

"I have been on this for about 15 months, starting at 100 then up to 150 I haven't had any side effects apart from a slightly dry mouth and reduced libido. It hasn't done anything for my depression and I'm now weaning off it (2nd week and so far no issues)."

dave1234aust4321 November 6, 2015

"I tried Pristiq for 3 months with no good results. I have social anxiety disorder and typically only become anxious around people. When on this medication I became anxious 24/7 and the intensity of the anxiety increased. I also suffer from depression. This medication took away all of my good thoughts and negative ones as well. It left me feeling empty and like a robot. I could not talk to people. I have asperger's syndrome as well and almost lost the ability to speak when on this medication. It is horrible I would not recommend it for anyone who suffers from anxiety, depression, or aspergers."

chess52424245 October 29, 2015

"I was being prescribed different anxiety/depression drugs when Effexor stopped working. It was hell for months. Then I had the genetic blood test and found that there were only a few drugs that could work with my body. I was prescribed Pristiq 3 years ago and so far it has worked. initially, the side effects are strong, but they lessen as time goes on. Currently, I may have dizziness and flushing, but the good effects of this drug greatly outweigh the bad. I am taking 150 mg (1) 50 mg and (1) 100 mg and found out it is $60 less per prescription if I take (3) 50 mg pills instead. This is not an inexpensive drug, but it works for me."

Bgrman October 9, 2015

"Worked okay but caused fainting spells. Coming off of it (tapering, per doctor'said orders) was terrible. I've been told more than once that the way I felt sounded like a heroin addict coming off heroin. I was sick to my stomach, my entire body was in constant pain, every joint and muscle, headaches, I felt cold one minute and burning up the next, exhausted but couldn't sleep, nightmares when I could catch a few minutes and periods of wishing someone would just put me out of my misery. This drug is dangerous! Imagine if someone ran out and couldn't taper off. "

Mjhmelissa October 4, 2015

"I'd been on Prozac for 5 years and its effects had started to wane. I was severely depressed with anxiety and extreme tiredness. I was going to bed at 7pm and had to drag myself out of bed. Everything felt completely overwhelming. I sat with the prescription for about a month. Some reviews I'd read had me terrified. It got so bad I thought there was nothing left to lose. I decided to ensure I'd never run out and I'd take it at the same time every day. I had a migraine at the very beginning so drank more water and I am feeling great. The best part is increased energy. I feel like a normal person. This has been a lifesaver. Would recommend if you have debilitating fatigue."

Cwilli September 19, 2015

"As a septic and someone who hasn't had good experiences with antidepressants I must say this medication has been amazing. I must have tried 6-8 different types and always felt they either didn't work or the side effects were too unbearable. I went to my GP to go back on to Lexapro as it was the one I did best on (but lost all libido) and he suggested Pristiq which is similar but not supposed to come with the same side effects. So far (8 weeks in) I'm pleased to say it has been a blessing. As had a major impact on the my depression which was getting disturbing and I am feeling no immediate side effects."

Rupes79 September 19, 2015

"As they say what helps you may not help others but Pristiq for me was a life saver. About the 3rd day I was feeling much better from severe depression with suicidal thoughts. After about 5 days I was back to reality and never looked back, that was about 3 or so years ago. I take 50 mg once in the morning daily and since I am 70 yrs old now and I'm staying on them and not going to try to do without them, I don't want to take a chance and end up back with the most horrible sickness I have ever experienced, clinical depression."

Chippawa (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 18, 2015